The Whirry Two

Game Master shadowed samm

The adventures of Davina, Dolgrin and BMO. Which is actually three...


1 to 50 of 536 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The adventures of Davina, Dolgrin and BMO. Which is actually three...


Upon returning to their rooms after a long day of bouncing at The Sage's Hand, a small bar in the upper levels of Kaer Maga's Undercity, Davina finds a note carefully pushed under their door:

note wrote:

Your assistance is required for a small matter that is best discussed in person. Please find me at the Godsmouth Cathedral tonight at midnight. You will be well rewarded.

-Valanthe Nerissia, Priest of Pharasma


F Aasimar (Garuda) Inquisitor/2

Davina reads the note out loud for the other two, them nodding, although BMO seems to be nodding for some other reason, as he mutters something in Azlanti.

Davina contemplates what she knows about Pharasma and the Godsmouth Catherdral: Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Davina:
Pharasma is the goddess of fate, death, prophecy,
and birth. She has no moral or ethical leanings and judges all souls upon their death to send them on the the proper afterlife.

The Godsmouth Ossuary is the most prestigious place to be buried in Kaer Maga. The Pharasmins only allow the honored dead (and of course themselves as servants of Pharasma) to venture past the entrance.


M Duergar Warpriest/2

"I'll never shy away from defending Gorum's honor and glory under ground! I sayeth to thee, Let us venture at Mid Nite to the Cathedral!"

Davina and BMO have no objections, and they both seem as excited as Dolgrin to assist, and, not to mention, be rewarded for it! To be fair, BMO seems excited about something else entirely.

A little before midnight they make their way towards the Catherdral.


Upon arriving at the cathedral, the three find it fairly empty at this time of night. Most of the occupants are deep in though and prayer (or possibly sleep), but the sole occupant of a small side chapel is quite alert and beckons them in. "You are Dolgrin and Davina? Yes?" a human woman in her early thirties says as they enter. "Thank you for coming. We have a small problem of bodies going missing from the Ossuary. Since we are somewhat short staffed at the moment, it is not possible to spare a clergy member to properly address the problem. As you two are not currently associated with any of the city's factions and have a bit of reputation for skills that may be put to good use in solving this, we can offer you 500 gp for stopping who-or-whatever is behind the disappearances. Any valuables you find in the crypts are yours to keep, excepting of course any relics or treasures directly related to Pharasma. Is this arrangement acceptable to you?"


Wyrwood Rogue/2

"Yes they are, and absolutely it is!" BMO says, somewhat displeased at the woman's failure to mention him. "Does it make sense for you two as well?" he asks Davina and Dolgrin, turning towards the wall to their left, for no apparent reason.

After some more back and forth about the job, and also about Dolgrin not needing particular praise for his skills ("'Tis certain, Gorum's Actooooors doeth not require praise, for it is praise enough to be his Actooooor"), the three of them decide that no matter what, the pay is far better than at the Mage's Hand (again, Dolgrin insists that the pay is irrelevant, it is the defending of Gorum's tenets that truly compels him), and it's under ground ("It is under ground, right?" asks BMO), "so let's just do it!".


Valanthe looks momentarily surprised as the wyrwood speaks but quickly regains a more neutral business-like expression. "Yes, crypts are underground," she says slightly patronizingly, "If you require time to prepare you may return here by tomorrow night. Otherwise I can take you there tonight. I must of course impress upon you that as this is obviously a sensitive matter, I will require your utter and complete secrecy. I assure you that should the Church hear any rumors of missing bodies, you will find your situation most...unpleasant."


Wyrwood Rogue/2

BMO gives Valanthe "a look".


F Aasimar (Garuda) Inquisitor/2

"We will have to return tomorrow, then, as we need to take off from the Mage's Hand. Shall we meet here again tomorrow at midnight, and you bring us to the crypt?"


"Very Well." Valanthe says with a nod. Then her expression becomes very sharp and serious as her gaze pierces each of the three in turn, "And your oaths that you will not speak a word of this to anyone other than myself?"


M Duergar Warpriest/2

"'Tis no matter at all, Young One; by the hand of Gorum, no spillage of secrets shall passeth these lips, and this oath shall also count for my fellows, for they too revere our Lord in Iron."


F Aasimar (Garuda) Inquisitor/2

"Aye!"


Wyrwood Rogue/2

"Some Azlanti gibberish"


Valanthe continues glaring at BMO as she clears her throat. If it takes more than fifteen seconds for him to offer her some oath she will begin to tap her foot impatiently.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Duergar Warpriest/2

"For the most Justified Rage of Gorum, must you resume your failure to remember thine Common Words, BMO?"


Wyrwood Rogue/2

"Aye!"

"I mean, Nay!"

"I mean, Aye to the oath, and Nay to the failure!"


With a curt nod Valanthe quickly stands up. "Tomorrow night then." she says as she briskly walks out of the chapple.

I'll assume that everyone returns to The Sage's Hand for the night and adjusts their schedules appropriately to be fresh for the next night with full spells and other resources. Is there anything else anyone needs to do?


F Aasimar (Garuda) Inquisitor/2

No, that covers it.

The Whirry Two make their way to the Cathedral the following night, prepared for an exciting night of spelunking.


Valanthe leads the group down the narrow twisting cliff-side path to the the Godsmouth Ossuary's entrance, called the mouth of the Unnamed King. At first, you walk through luxurious catacombs packed with bodies and tended by the occasional robed and hooded Pharasmin priest. As you continue deeper, the air becomes more musty and the silence more deafening with each additional staircase you descend until you come to an area that is clearly less well used with most of the burial niches empty and dusty.

Valanthe finally stops before a locked door. "This is the only known entrance to the lower levels." she says as she withdraws a key and a foot-long hollow mithral tube from her robes. "Once you enter, I must lock the door behind you to keep whatever is beyond contained. This," holding up the mithral tube "is a chime of opening that will all you get back through this door. It will also break many of the Pharasmin seals below. However, it only has five charges so use them wisely. And be sure to save one for this door - we cannot open it for you as we will have no way of verifying it is in fact you. I also have a healing potion and a vial of holy water for each of you." Almost as an afterthought she adds, "The Church is prepared to offer an additional 250 gp if you are able to rid these chambers of all creatures. Living or...not."

The PCs recieve 3 potions of cure light wounds, 3 vials of holy water, and one chime of opening from Valanthe.

After handing the holy water, potions, and chime to the PCs, Valanthe unlocks the door and slowly pulls it open. Despite the grinding noises caused by many long years of disuse, it opens fully to reveal a spiral stone staircase descending down a shaft into the earth.

There appears to be a narrow gap between the circular stairs and the square shaft, too small for Davina or Dolgrin to fit and a tight squeeze for BMO.

What is your marching order as you descend the stair case? And are there any precautions you'd like to take before/during your descent?


Wyrwood Rogue/2

Davina half-heartedly attempts to hold BMO back, but he manages to move up to the gap between the stairs and the shaft, and promptly tries to squeeze through it.

"I'll go ahead and scout the area," he whispers.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

If BMO fails the Escape Artist check, he'll still move down the stairs in from of the others, just not through the gaps...

BMO makes his way to the bottom of the staircase, keeping eyes open(Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25(+1 for traps)), but if he feels that he is making more noise than he should, he'll halt and wait for the other two(I'll roll a wisdom check here, and you do with that as you think is best...)Wisdom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4.

At the bottom, BMO looks around, and then waits for the others;Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18(+1 for traps)


F Aasimar (Garuda) Inquisitor/2

Not too bothered by her failure to hold BMO back, as things seem safe enough, she starts to move down the stairs after BMO, keeping her eyes peeled; Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

I am assuming that all three of the Whirry Two can see perfectly well in the light/dark that prevails here.


M Duergar Warpriest/2

Near ecstatic at the prospect of delving deep into a musty old crypt, Dolgrin can barely keep himself from clunking down the stairs. However, he stops to ask Valanthe one last question:

"Do you have any idea of what we might be in for? As a harbinger of Gorum's glorious tenets, I shan't be fearful; but being prepared never hurt anyone..."


Valanthe almost smiles in amusement as she answers Dolgrin, "This is an ancient crypt so I would expect it to be full of undead abominations." She begins to slowly push the door closed. Other than that, well...I expect your guess is as good as mine." she finishes just before the door grates back into its frame.

Unless otherwise stated, everything here is in darkness. Just normal darkness so not a problem for any of the Whirry Two.

BMO is indeed able to squeeze through the gaps between the stairs and wall, slowly making his way down the shaft in this unusual manner. Despite the awkwardness of this method, his plan pays off as several levels down he notices a small creature that has attached itself to the outer edge of the stairs below him with thin hook-lined tentacles which are connected by a fleshy web. The other side of its tubular body ends in a large mouth surrounded by long sharp teeth. It does not appear to have noticed BMO yet.

BMO has descended two levels of stairs. The creature is attached to the level below him between the stairs and the wall. It would not be visible from the stairs unless one were looking over the edge. Davina and Dolgrin are one level higher than BMO.

BMO:
knowledge dungeoneering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
knowledge nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
This creature is a darkmantle. They tend to cling to cave ceilings such that they look like stalactites and wait for the unsuspecting adventurer to pass underneath them at which point they drop down and attempt to constrict their victim. They fly into these positions as they can't actually climb. They can see well in the dark.


Wyrwood Rogue/2

"Oh s+~*! Did I remember to lock my l00t-chest..? I should ask Davina; she'll remember :3"

BMO stops once he spots the darkmantle, and gently steps onto the stairs. He waits for Davina to come down.

Once Davina is within sight, he gesticulates and tries his best to convey that there is a darkmantle hanging on the wall in a spot that is very hard to see from the stairs and that Davina should probably be very careful and what should we do? I can sneak up on him and whack him, and then you can maybe come and shoot at him, and once Dolgrin is down here, maybe he can take a swing with his sword and then the darkmantle will probably fall off the wall and we can stomp him out! Yeah! That's a good plan! Pretty sure this requires some kind of check. Maybe a bluff to pass hidden message, even if this, technically is done with a mix of gesticulation and some drow sign language that BMO keeps forgetting that pretty much nobody else knows, and whatever... Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

As Davina probably only understands that "something is up", I'd say BMO gets to enact his initial part of the plan.

Moving carefully towards a spot from which he can hit the darkmantle with a dagger "Oooh yeah, let's get some stabby sneaky stabby up in heeeeere" I'm pretty sure that only one dagger gets swung during a surprise round;

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (3) = 6

O_o Yeah, that ain't gonna hit...

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


M Duergar Warpriest/2

"That's... Reassuring... Abominations... I'll kill you some abominations... By Gorum Sssshhhhh... :-O"

Dolgrin knows the drill; when in open terrain, he get's to charge at whatever he wants, reciting Gorum war poems all he likes; when sneaking down creepy stairwells, he hangs back a little, so his clunky-ass duergar boots don't give them away.

He does, however, spring into action once he hears BMO commencing his jig two levels below.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


F Aasimar (Garuda) Inquisitor/2

"I don't know drow, dammit! I really gotta get that old clunker to understand that... Something is certainly up there, though. What..? Oh, no... BMO!"

She stares in disbelief as BMO slithers further down the staircase and she hears the sound of steel hitting "The wall? Why would..?".

She rushes down to try and find him, looking around where she saw him last She didn't see BMO come off he wall, but she saw him descend in his weird way, so with a good perception check, perhaps she'll see the darkmantle as well knowing that BMO must have seen it somewhere around the edge of the stairs, and that, well, there IS something to see; Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 If she does see the darkmantle, add +4 to the knowledge check for her Monster Lore ability.

Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Initiative:
22 darkmantle
21 Dolgrin
20 BMO
18 Davina

DM only:
darkmantle: HP (22/22)

darkmantle round 1
BMO's dagger does indeed hit the wall. The darkmantle, now alerted to BMO's presence, slams a clawed tentacle into the stairs, narrowly missing BMO's head.

The surprise round is over. BMO and the darkmantle are adjacent to eachother. Davina will need to take a move action to reach the darkmantle. Dolgrin (assuming he started a level above Davina) will need to double move instead of atttacking (if I misunderstood where you intended him to be, feel free to attack with him as well). We'll assume that since BMO basically dropped down on the darkmantle he was able to put himself into a position to get sneak attack as soon as he gets flanking from an alley coming down the stair case.

Davina:
See BMO's spoiler above. You also know that darkmantles can use darkness as a spell-like ability once a day. And perhaps Davina should consider spending a skill point to learn drow sign language seeing as she has a teacher fairly accessable :-P


M Duergar Warpriest/2

Round 1 of darkmantle fight

Dolgrin rushes down the stairs spending his whole round moving towards the sound of sloppy tentacles and steel blades.

"By Gorum, what did you do BMO?!"

Assuming that a double move does bring him adjacent to the darkmantle, he will position himself so that he flanks the darkmantle with BMO on the other side (I will proceed with this as given).


F Aasimar (Garuda) Inquisitor/2

Round 1 of darkmantle fight

Davina moves so she can see the darkmantle, and unleashes an Ear-piercing Scream 1st level spell, DC 15 Fort negates, else: Sonic damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2.

"When we get out of this mess, we're gonna have to have a long and good talk about tactics, BMO! And you gotta teach me that f%+&ing Drow Sign Language! At least enough... Hey, watch it Dolgrin, there's enough darkmantle for all three of us!" she hisses as Dolgrin rushes past her.


Wyrwood Rogue/2

Round 1 of darkmantle fight

BMO is, at this point, far too set on hitting the slithering tentacling mass on the wall, and swings at it with both his daggers, while rambling what, presumably, are curses in Aboleth.

On-hand attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17 Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (3) = 8
Off-hand attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16 Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (6) = 11

After reading the TWF rules for light weapons, I'm very sure I did the math right regarding both on and off hand getting +5 to hit, and in any case, another +2 for flanking with Dolgrin.


Initiative:
22 darkmantle
21 Dolgrin
20 BMO
18 Davina

DM only:
darkmantle: HP (1/22), dazed (1 round)

With Dolgrin's assistance in threatening the creature, BMO is able to land two solid hit, leaving deep spurting gashes in it's torso. As Davina's scream goes off in it's head, blood starts leaking out of all the sensitive places and the darkmantle begins to sway, it's grip on the staircase looking very precarious.

darkmantle round 2
The darkmantle continues to sway back and forth as it recovers from Davina's mental scream.

The darkmantle is very very bloodied *cough1hpcough* and dazed for this round. BMO and Dolgrin are flanking it. Davina is a few feet further up the stairs.

darkmantle AC: 15

I checked BMO's sheet and looks like you've got all the adjustments to his TWF attack correct. For the sake of efficiency, once I'm satisfied thay you know enough about a creature (from some combination of knowledge check(s) and actually engaging with it), I'll just give you it's AC etc so you'll know if you hit and can describe things appropriately.


M Duergar Warpriest/2

Round 2 of darkmantle fight

Raising his sword, chanting Gorumite oaths and damnations on the darkmantle, Dolgrin brings Will-o-War (his ancestral cold iron greatsword) down upon the retched beast Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21 Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 4) + 7 = 16, with a vengeance.

The darkmantle is sliced in half, only a measly, soppy, lifeless tendril stuck on the wall, its carcass sliding down the side of the shaft.

"By Gorum's hand thee saw thine doom, vile beast of darkness..."


Wyrwood Rogue/2

BMO, satisfied with the slaying of the darkmantle, quickly moves on, both mentally and physically; "Yeah, I'll keep looking ahead!".

He attempts to resume his, clearly, strategically superior mode of descent down the shaft:
Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

I still want to see what's at the bottom, dammit!

Unless thwarted anew, BMO will try to make his way all the way to the bottom, to look around.


F Aasimar (Garuda) Inquisitor/2

"BMO!" Davina whispers as loudly as she can, but from her spot a half a turn up the spiral, she's unable to keep BMO from slipping down the shaft Ugh, gross, through the darkmantle's nasty ass goop....

Walking the few steps down to Dolgrin, patting him on the back; "Impressive!", she suggests that they resume their own method of descent: the normal one, albeit a little more alert than before.


M Duergar Warpriest/2

Aye, twas a decisive victory for Gorum. May thine destructive will be done, may thine war forever wage.

He follows Davina, about a full revolution behind, trying his best to stifle the clunk of his heavy boots Stealth: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (11) - 3 = 8, though not making that good a job of it.


BMO climbs his way down the rest of the staircase, for perhaps another 12 meters before emerging through into a small square chamber covered with dust and cobwebs. Three sets of stone double doors are set in the other three walls with bronze seals that are emblazoned with the symbol of Pharasma. The walls are covered with very old carvings and runes.

perception DC 15:
The wall across the room from the stair case has some old graffiti scrawled in common across some of the carvings
graffiti wrote:
My heart beats on the wrong side of my chest, or is it right? Is left right, or is it wrong? I don't know what it means, or why

I don't know what password I'm using for roll20 so can't login from work to move you to the map page. That shouldn't be strictly quite necessary yet so I'll do that when I get home.


Moved you to the roll20 page. You should only be able to see the room above and stair case and the character tokens should be under your control so let me know if anything doesn't work right.


Wyrwood Rogue/2

Finally, the bottom!

BMO looks around Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17, spotting the graffiti Well, I don't have a heart at all, so it probably isn't intended for me.

While waiting for the other two to descend, he walks up to each of the three doors, clockwise, starting from the left-most door, listening at them, for whatever might be audible;
Door 1: Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Door 2: Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Door 3: Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


F Aasimar (Garuda) Inquisitor/2

Davina enters the little chamber, looking around, Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26, pausing a second at the graffiti, but for now thinks nothing of it. She walks up to BMO; he motions her to be quiet until he's done listening at the doors.

"Tactics, BMO, means that we have to plan out a little ahead, before we just barge into some unknown adversary. Now, I realize that you tried to talk to me, but you used Drow, so I didn't understand anything... Perhaps you could teach me some simple phrases, at least, like danger ahead, or be quiet, or some other useful things?"

BMO seems ecstatic at such a prospect, or perhaps something else, like what he heard at the door; in any case, he furiously starts Drow Sign Languaging, to Davina's uncomprehending expression.

"OK, lets put a pin in it for now, and think about it again later..."


M Duergar Warpriest/2

"Anything interesting down here?" asks Dorlgrin, as he sets foot on the chamber floor. Davina is still waiting for BMO to finish his listening, and tells Dolgrin to do the same, but off-handedly she waves in the direction of the graffiti.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

I wonder what that might mean... This works both if he does and if he does not spot the graffiti.


BMO does not hear anything at the doors. However, he does notice that they all seem to be locked. As he moves about the room, the carvings also catch his eye.

BMO:
knowledge [history]: 1d20+4 -> (16)+4 = 20
The carvings seem to be related to the seven runelords of ancient Thassilon. Feel free to decide how familiar BMO is with and/or how much he remembers about ancient Thassilon and then we can go from there.

Dolgrin is left staring at the wall Davina motioned to, at a loss as to the intention of the gesture.

With Davina's brief attempt to direct Dolgrin's attention to the graffiti, he gets a +2 on his perception check. Still not enough to notice it. (At least until someone leads him there by his beard...)


Wyrwood Rogue/2

Daaaaaamn... Thassilonian was one of the languages I though BMO might know... But I went for Aboleth instead... Aaaanyway, he was certainly alive prior to the Earthfall, so if nothing else, he is a contemporary to the Thassilonian empire. How that translates into knowledge about it, I don't know, but his point in Knowledge History reflects the fact that he definitely retains alot of knowledge from way back when.

"Yes, I'll show you some Drow," BMO tells Davina, and shapes his wooden hands into what is, unmistakably, a rather rude gesture in most cultures, "This means I'm busy". At this he struts over to the first door he listened at, and tries to open it Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18.

"By the way, seems to be Thassilonian, the carvings, about the Runelords. Biiiiig back in the day!"


F Aasimar (Garuda) Inquisitor/2

Davina accepts defeat for now, I don't even know what I expected.
We'll have to get back to Drow some other time, I guess.

"Thassilon? Doesn't ring a bell. How far back in the day?"

Since Dolgrin was just standing there, Davina figured he probably did not understand what she was waving at, so, as so often before, she just grabbed his beard, and led him to face the graffiti directly.

I don't think any of her Knowledges would help her here, she's trained in Arc, Dun, Nat, Plan, Rel, with +2 to all of them (and another +2 to Dun)Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 16

She ponders long and hard on the words written on the wall.


M Duergar Warpriest/2

"Ai, careful with the beard! By Gorum, this certainly is a sight to behold! Did you see the graffiti here, Davina?"

Dolgrin stands next to Davina, staring at the graffiti for a long time, before he walks over to BMO, to check on how he's doing with whatever it is that he's doing.


BMO's first attempt to open the lock is not successful, but he is confident that with some of time (during which Davina refrains from asking him stupid questions) and a bit of careful effort he can open them easily enough.
Taking 10 won't be sufficient to get the lock open but taking 20 will, so it will take him ~2 minutes of careful tinkering to open the lock. FYI the locks on the other two doors are the same.

Perhaps we could say that BMO was quite familiar with ancient Thassilon at some point but has forgotten much of it? So he remembers most of the big things but details are erratic. That'll give you the general idea and leave me free to drop him random pieces of information that he happens to remember without completely giving away any mysteries.

Despite the intensive pondering, Davina cannot tell if these words are the ravings of a madman or pearls of wisdom from a poet.


Wyrwood Rogue/2

Taking 2 minutes to take 20 seems perfectly fine, and yeah, I agree about the Thassilon knowledge - after all, it's something like 10000 years ago, right? Now is +4700 and then was -6000, so almost 11000 years... Yeah, some details might be hazy...

BMO keeps at the door, working his tools, and once the door opens (Cha-ching, wizard f*+%ers!), he gently opens the door, and peeks in, waving for Davina to come and have a look herself.
Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

O_o nat 1 on a stealth check to open a door behind which we don't know what resides... At least he'll see whatever's in the room...


F Aasimar (Garuda) Inquisitor/2

Hmm... Maybe whoever wrote whatever this is also wrote more stuff further in?

Grinding her teeth at BMOs unnecessarily loud cracking-ajar the door, she moves over to have a look herself Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25.

As she stands behind BMO, she gently, but firmly, takes a hold of his shoulder just in case he was thinking of rushing into the room beyond without thinking about what the tactically sound approach might be.


M Duergar Warpriest/2

Feeling a little left out while the dexterous and perceptive of the Two go about their dextering and percepting, Dolgrin just mumbles some Gorum war chants to himself. He's happy to be underground, though.


A strange statue of a half-snake, creature with a human female's torso, six wings, and a disk containing a seven-pointed star in place of its head stands in a wide alcove to the south of two large stone doors. Its arms are crossed and hold a quill and a whip. The entire statue is covered in verdigris. The faint outline of strange runes can be made out beneath the patina coating the statue. This room appears to be otherwise empty and the door at the far end is not locked.

BMO and Davina:
The runes are some kind of magical trap. It looks like the feather could be removed from the statue's hand.

1 to 50 of 536 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Whirry Two All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.