Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Walking Dead of Golarion, by GM Fiendish

Game Master Fiendish Zen


5,651 to 5,700 of 5,792 << first < prev | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | next > last >>

Male Human Druid 7 | HP 66 | AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 | Fort+7,Ref+3,Will+7 | Init+1 | Perc+12

GM and Flyn:
"Stone Giant." He points to the tracks that show the distinction. "They seem to be dragging their feet.." It dawns on him then. "Could they have been turned undead?" A shiver runs down his spine as he looks down the cave.


Attacks:
Lance +12 | Favored Enemy: Undead +4 Human +2
Stats:
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15, HP 59, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear| Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 9 | Base Atk +7; CMB +7; CMD 21
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Handle Animal +12, Kn Nat +4, Perception +15, Ride +12, Stealth +13, Survival +11

GM and Melo:

Flynn sighs and draws his longsword. He was no slouch with the blade, but he and Skyfall were like one being, striking swiftly and with deadly accuracy like the plummeting hawk.

He didn't relish the idea of going up against a monster 5 or 6 times his size with just this blade.

Very bloody probably. the halfling admits. And much as I hate to admit it, we probably aren't much of a match for them without the others. Certainly not if you can't shift into a lion and I am not atop Skyfall. Let's try to small and silent in here.

After about 5 minutes passes, Flynn is going to get restless. If he sees or hears nothing of the others he says;

This is impossible. The others might think we're dead, and with good reason too. Or they may not be able to get down to us with the storm. Maybe we should try to see if there is a way up?


Bursting out of the dust cloud and coughing to clear her lungs, Lenneth sees Skyfall circling overhead. The bird dives down and caws desperately around the woman.

Down below, the others still hear no sign of Melo or Flynn.

Melo and Flynn:
A few minutes pass, and it seems like the dust is actually starting to settle.

Then from deeper in the cave you hear/feel the dull thud of a large humanoid walking... getting louder/closer...


Attacks:
Lance +12 | Favored Enemy: Undead +4 Human +2
Stats:
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15, HP 59, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear| Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 9 | Base Atk +7; CMB +7; CMD 21
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Handle Animal +12, Kn Nat +4, Perception +15, Ride +12, Stealth +13, Survival +11

GM and Melo:

Hush! Let it pass if we can but be ready if we cant.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25


HP: 23/45 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 17 l F +3, R +4, W +5 l Living Shadow (7/7), Wings of Darkness (5/7), Worldly (1/1), L1: 7/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init +10 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +7, Diplomacy +7, Fly +4, Heal +7, Intimidate +7, Kn. Arcana/Nature +5, Kn. History/Planes +6, Profession: Sailor +4, Sense Motive +10, Spellcraft +9, Swim +5, UMD +5
Female Human Oracle 7 l Active Conditions:

"Skyfall! Come on, we can't stay here, we need to go down," Lenneth cries as she tries to beckon the creature to follow her. Unfortunately she has little experience with wrangling animals and she's afraid to try and lay her hands on the bird lest she be bitten.


Active Conditions: Mage Armor HP 22/33 HP; AC 17, t14, ff 15 ; Init +2; F+2, R +5, W +8; Perc +11; Stealth +12 | Low-light; Scent | Not hungry

"We won't be able to survive unless we regroup. Lilith," Feldus motions to the others with him, "stay with them. I am gonna try to find them." He then moves cautiously to the cave entrance, his spell still alight, peering up at the sky above for any sign of his packmates.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Male Human Druid 7 | HP 66 | AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 | Fort+7,Ref+3,Will+7 | Init+1 | Perc+12

Flyn and GM:

"I can't hide." He whispers desperately shuffling back towards the cave wall.

Stelth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Flynn and Melo:
Flynn blends seamlessly in to the cave wall, but Melo just can't find anywhere large enough to hide. The thudding gets closer and the stench of rotting flesh rolls over you. The decaying head of a stone giant peers blankly around the corner. Blinking its large cataract-laced eyes, its mouth opens and an unearthly groaning fills the air of the cave as it roars a challenge.

You have one round of actions before it comes around the corner.

Skyfall ignores Lenneth and keeps circling above the dust cloud

Handle animal check please!

Perception DC 19, Feldus you've already passed it...:
You hear the faint growl/groan of a large humanoid... potentially an undead one... coming from across the canyon floor, where you recall the other cave opening was that the dust cloud came from.


Male Human Druid 7 | HP 66 | AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 | Fort+7,Ref+3,Will+7 | Init+1 | Perc+12

GM and Flyn:

"There's no running now, we kill this thing." He grits his teeth reaching out to hold onto the rock wall and begins to chant. "I'm calling on nature to help us, protect me while I focus." He continues his chanting again beseeching nature to call forth one of his ancestors.

Spontaneous Casting Summon Nature’s Ally 4 - Calling in a large lion just in front of me.


Attacks:
Lance +12 | Favored Enemy: Undead +4 Human +2
Stats:
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15, HP 59, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear| Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 9 | Base Atk +7; CMB +7; CMD 21
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Handle Animal +12, Kn Nat +4, Perception +15, Ride +12, Stealth +13, Survival +11

GM and Melo:

Flynn moves to a position by the corner where he can attack the giant's flank after it passes by


Attacks:
Lance +12 | Favored Enemy: Undead +4 Human +2
Stats:
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15, HP 59, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear| Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 9 | Base Atk +7; CMB +7; CMD 21
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Handle Animal +12, Kn Nat +4, Perception +15, Ride +12, Stealth +13, Survival +11

GM and Melo:

Flynn looks sternly at at his druid companion.

It's just us and whatever you can bring to the fight, Melo. We hit this thing hard and fast and we don't stop until it stops moving - or we do, ok? You and me brawd, let's put this bastard in the ground.


HP: 23/45 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 17 l F +3, R +4, W +5 l Living Shadow (7/7), Wings of Darkness (5/7), Worldly (1/1), L1: 7/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init +10 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +7, Diplomacy +7, Fly +4, Heal +7, Intimidate +7, Kn. Arcana/Nature +5, Kn. History/Planes +6, Profession: Sailor +4, Sense Motive +10, Spellcraft +9, Swim +5, UMD +5
Female Human Oracle 7 l Active Conditions:

Lenneth is not trained in Handle Animal (which is why I didn't roll it earlier) but I'll make one just in case.

"Skyfall, we'll find Flynn, I promise! But we need to take shelter for now, just for a little while, okay?" she pleads.

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Nice roll Lenneth :)

Skyfall meets Lenneth's eyes and she swears a look of understanding flashes through. The roc swoops downwards through the smoke and follows Lenneth back towards the ground and the others.

Melo and Flynn:

You are flanking the creature and have a round of attacks before it gets a turn.


Active Conditions: Mage Armor HP 22/33 HP; AC 17, t14, ff 15 ; Init +2; F+2, R +5, W +8; Perc +11; Stealth +12 | Low-light; Scent | Not hungry

Feldus nods to the woman as she lands with Skyfall, quickly noting the absence of the roc's true master. "I heard something coming from across the canyon floor, near where the other cave opening we saw the dust cloud come from. It sounded like a large humanoid...potentially an undead one..." He quickly douses the light cantrip and readies his weapons. "I'll bet that is where Melo and Flynn are at!"


Male Human Druid 7 | HP 66 | AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 | Fort+7,Ref+3,Will+7 | Init+1 | Perc+12

GM and Flyn:
Melo unleashes his spell a shockwave of energy flows through him as a large Lion coalesces in front of him. "Attack!" He shouts pushing the animal.

Bite: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10
Bite Damage: 1d5 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
---
Auto Grab: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 2 = 16
---
claw: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17
Claw attack: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
---
claw: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12
Claw attack: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Good Cat...


Attacks:
Lance +12 | Favored Enemy: Undead +4 Human +2
Stats:
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15, HP 59, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear| Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 9 | Base Atk +7; CMB +7; CMD 21
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Handle Animal +12, Kn Nat +4, Perception +15, Ride +12, Stealth +13, Survival +11

GM and Melo:

As the giant zombie lumbers into view, Flynn leaps into the fray, dragging his longsword up along the vitals at the thing's groin.

Longsword, PA, FE: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 4 + 2 = 33
Damage: 1d6 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 4 = 20


HP: 23/45 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 17 l F +3, R +4, W +5 l Living Shadow (7/7), Wings of Darkness (5/7), Worldly (1/1), L1: 7/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init +10 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +7, Diplomacy +7, Fly +4, Heal +7, Intimidate +7, Kn. Arcana/Nature +5, Kn. History/Planes +6, Profession: Sailor +4, Sense Motive +10, Spellcraft +9, Swim +5, UMD +5
Female Human Oracle 7 l Active Conditions:

"You think so? We'd better go see, because I didn't see any other sign of them from up there!"

Lenneth carefully pats Skyfall on her beak. "I won't try to ask you to follow us underground unless you want to go, okay?" Although she's not sure if Skyfall truly understands her, it's simply habit to speak to companion creatures as if speaking to an equal - all that time with Indigo at her side had ingrained it into her. "But if not, then stay right here until we come back."

Handle Animal (Stay?): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Hp 45/45 :: L1 spells 5/5:L2 spells 2/2: Perf rounds 12/12 Hum/Chlx Bard(archvst)4 Rog 3
Combat:
Conc+6; longsword +8 (1d8+2/19-20)/ sling +7 (1d4+1) /init+2/F3-R9-W5

Valex moves up with Lenneth and Feldus, drawing his sword as he goes. 'How large is large, I wonder?" he mutters.


Melo and Flynn:
Melo's summoned lion stalks savagely towards its prey, claws managing to scratch the legs of the towering undead, whos head scrapes the cave ceiling.

Flynn's expertly wielded sword slashes through organs that would have been vital should the giant still be living, and still seem to slow it down some, but it keeps moving.

Half the creature's jaw is missing and vile black ichor bubbles forth and spatters on the ground in a stinking puddle as it roars indlessly.

It raises its fists and swings them down towards Flynn, making contact with the halfling's shoulders with a bone-creaking smash 17 bludgeoning damage

You hear another, similar roar from the corridor.

Cave looks like: <darkness>, Flynn, Zombie Giant, Lion, Melo, Entrance

Skyfall stares uncomprehending at Lenneth, glaring suspiciously at the still-billowing dust and shaking her feathers irritatedly as she stalks up and down.

You hear a muted bellow from somewhere across the canyon.


Attacks:
Lance +12 | Favored Enemy: Undead +4 Human +2
Stats:
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15, HP 59, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear| Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 9 | Base Atk +7; CMB +7; CMD 21
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Handle Animal +12, Kn Nat +4, Perception +15, Ride +12, Stealth +13, Survival +11

GM and Melo:

I can't take much more of that! Got to finish this and quick before another one comes!

The halfling slashes out again twice in quick succession.

Longsword: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 4 + 2 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 4 = 20
Longsword: 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 4 = 18


Male Human Druid 7 | HP 66 | AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 | Fort+7,Ref+3,Will+7 | Init+1 | Perc+12

GM and Flyn:

The summoned Lion continues its savage attack on the undead giant.

Bite: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25
Bite Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
--
Grab: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 2 = 19
--
Claw: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25
Claw Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
--
Claw: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20
Claw Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Finally connecting a few of it's attacked with the creature.

"Flyn, something else is coming we need to get to the entrance." Melo shouts as he steps forward with his club and swings at the undead giant.

Club: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 - 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Active Conditions: Mage Armor HP 22/33 HP; AC 17, t14, ff 15 ; Init +2; F+2, R +5, W +8; Perc +11; Stealth +12 | Low-light; Scent | Not hungry

"I have sharp ears." Feldus responds with just a hint of humor. "We had better hurry. That bellow will draw others to it!" He then carefully makes his way towards the sound of the bellow.


HP: 23/45 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 17 l F +3, R +4, W +5 l Living Shadow (7/7), Wings of Darkness (5/7), Worldly (1/1), L1: 7/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init +10 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +7, Diplomacy +7, Fly +4, Heal +7, Intimidate +7, Kn. Arcana/Nature +5, Kn. History/Planes +6, Profession: Sailor +4, Sense Motive +10, Spellcraft +9, Swim +5, UMD +5
Female Human Oracle 7 l Active Conditions:

Lenneth nods at Feldus and then turns to Wolf, Whisper, and Aura. "I know we can't make any of you stay here but I'm still going to gently suggest it just the same. And Skyfall might stay calmer with company," she points out. "We'll try and be back as quickly as we can, okay?"

And without really waiting for an answer, she turns and moves to follow after Feldus.


Flynn and Melo:
Flynn's blade scores two hits in quick succession, opening severe gashes in the gigantic undead form. The lion too savages it somewhat, leaving one leg in tatters with ribbons of flesh haning from it and trailing across the rocky ground.

Melo's own club however seems to bounce off the tough flesh of the creature. It returns the blow tenfold, one immense fist crashing down on Melo's shoulder like a dropped anvil 26 bludgeoning damage

There are further thuds around the corner, it's likely another of these brutes will be here in seconds...

Whisper nods simply and draws her blade as Feldus leads the way through the dust towards the other side of the canyon. After a minute or so another cave entrance looms ahead, and another bellow issues forth, along with a cry of pain from a familiar voice...


Attacks:
Lance +12 | Favored Enemy: Undead +4 Human +2
Stats:
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15, HP 59, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear| Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 9 | Base Atk +7; CMB +7; CMD 21
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Handle Animal +12, Kn Nat +4, Perception +15, Ride +12, Stealth +13, Survival +11

GM and Melo:

Flynn watches as the giant lands a brutal blow on his friend and risks a quick glance over his shoulder where he hears another of the lumbering brutes just seconds away.

If we don't drop this one right now, we're dead!

Melo, fall back to the entrance! Let me and the lion take this one and then I'll be right behind you! he shouts before slashing out wickedly once again, opening yet more great gashes in the thing's dead flesh.

Attack 1, PA, FE, Flank: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 4 + 2 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Attack 2, PA, FE, Flank: 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19


Male Human Druid 7 | HP 66 | AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 | Fort+7,Ref+3,Will+7 | Init+1 | Perc+12

GM and Flyn:

Melo winch in pain holding back a cry as the giant's large rotten fits slams into his shoulder. This thing won't fall!

"We both move now!" He shouts panting trying to catch his breath after the hit. "The Lion can hold it and whatever else is coming back for us to escape." He steps back away from the Giant using the Lion as cover, as it continues its assault.

Bite: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13
Bite Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
--
Grab: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
--
Claw: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24
Claw Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Claw: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10
Claw Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Withdraw back 30 feet.

hp- 40/66

Dark Archive

Female Elven Female Elven Wizard (Conjurer) level 7, hp 45/45, AC 13/16|T 12|FF 11/14, F +3|R +5|W +4 (+2 v Enchantment and immune to sleep), Init +3, Perception + 18 Low-light vision and Dancing Lights

Earlier

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35

I heard it too Feldus. Lets move. Breathing through her cloak Lilith moves as fast as she can towards the noise.


HP: 23/45 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 17 l F +3, R +4, W +5 l Living Shadow (7/7), Wings of Darkness (5/7), Worldly (1/1), L1: 7/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init +10 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +7, Diplomacy +7, Fly +4, Heal +7, Intimidate +7, Kn. Arcana/Nature +5, Kn. History/Planes +6, Profession: Sailor +4, Sense Motive +10, Spellcraft +9, Swim +5, UMD +5
Female Human Oracle 7 l Active Conditions:

"Damn!" Lenneth swears as they approach another cave entrance and then hear the cry of pain and bellowing from within. "Whatever they're tangling with in there, it can't be good! We need to hurry!" she cries as she begins hustling towards the noise as quickly as she can.


Melo and Flynn:
Flynn's blade carves more chunks from the giant's rotting form, and the summoned lion also manages to land another blow as Melo retreats back up the corridor towards the cave mouth.

The giant bellows and its semi-skeletal fist smashes down upon the great cat, there is a loud crunch and the beast cries out as the life is squashed from its body, the summoned form evaporating into the ether as the giant's remaining eye fixates on Flynn once more.

Behind the halfling, another giant zombie lumbers in to view.

Theatre of the mind: Flynn you are now flanked in case you have any abilities that are triggered by this. You are also now in dim light as Melo's light withdrew with him and his glowing club...

Lenneth, Lilith, Feldus and Valex run up to the entrance of the cave, and find Melo hastily scrabbling backwards towards them. In the dim gloom of the cave you can just make out a gigantic form filling most of the corridor, currently facing away from you.

Dark Archive

Female Elven Female Elven Wizard (Conjurer) level 7, hp 45/45, AC 13/16|T 12|FF 11/14, F +3|R +5|W +4 (+2 v Enchantment and immune to sleep), Init +3, Perception + 18 Low-light vision and Dancing Lights

Unsure if the gigantic form is an enemy or not she calls out Flynn, where are you? Are you alright? As soon as she realizes the shape is an enemy she she fires a Scorching Ray at it and backs up.

Scorching Ray, Range Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 254d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 6, 4) = 18

The bolt of fire flies true striking the creature in a vulnerable.

Scorching Ray, Confirm?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 94d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 6, 4) = 15 A 9 might confirm on a large flat footed undead zombie thing... It could happen. :)


Active Conditions: Mage Armor HP 22/33 HP; AC 17, t14, ff 15 ; Init +2; F+2, R +5, W +8; Perc +11; Stealth +12 | Low-light; Scent | Not hungry

Feldus stops just outside the cave entrance, peering into the dim opening. Seeing the large creature was indeed undead, he sends a thin beam of energy at it hoping to finish it off.

Cast Disrupt Undead. Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Hp 45/45 :: L1 spells 5/5:L2 spells 2/2: Perf rounds 12/12 Hum/Chlx Bard(archvst)4 Rog 3
Combat:
Conc+6; longsword +8 (1d8+2/19-20)/ sling +7 (1d4+1) /init+2/F3-R9-W5

Vaelx joins Feldus in trying to strike the creature with positive energy.

Disrupt Undead, ranged touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
1d6 ⇒ 6


Attacks:
Lance +12 | Favored Enemy: Undead +4 Human +2
Stats:
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15, HP 59, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear| Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 9 | Base Atk +7; CMB +7; CMD 21
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Handle Animal +12, Kn Nat +4, Perception +15, Ride +12, Stealth +13, Survival +11

Withdrawing from a flanked position with two 10ft reach enemies means Flynn is going to eat two AOOs. So he is going to stand and fight!

I'm here! he roars as he hears Lillith's voice, his heart soaring that actually he may have a chance to get out of this now that his friends have arrived. But there's another one, they've got me pinned down! I'm going to have to fight my way out!

Attack 1: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 4 = 20
Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 4 = 20

Dark Archive

Female Elven Female Elven Wizard (Conjurer) level 7, hp 45/45, AC 13/16|T 12|FF 11/14, F +3|R +5|W +4 (+2 v Enchantment and immune to sleep), Init +3, Perception + 18 Low-light vision and Dancing Lights
Flynnvas Merryweather wrote:


I'm here! he roars as he hears Lenneth's voice, his heart soaring that actually he may have a chance to get out of this now that his friends have arrived. But there's another one, they've got me pinned down! I'm going to have to fight my way out!

Lilith called for you, though you might have also heard Lenneth's voice.


Attacks:
Lance +12 | Favored Enemy: Undead +4 Human +2
Stats:
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15, HP 59, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear| Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 9 | Base Atk +7; CMB +7; CMD 21
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Handle Animal +12, Kn Nat +4, Perception +15, Ride +12, Stealth +13, Survival +11
Lilith Sylvari wrote:
Flynnvas Merryweather wrote:


I'm here! he roars as he hears Lenneth's voice, his heart soaring that actually he may have a chance to get out of this now that his friends have arrived. But there's another one, they've got me pinned down! I'm going to have to fight my way out!
Lilith called for you, though you might have also heard Lenneth's voice.

Dammit, sorry Lillith, genuine mistake. I remember way back at the start of this game there was a brief discussion about whether you guys were going to change names to save confusion. Happily I think this is the first time I've mixed you two up lol :D


Male Human Druid 7 | HP 66 | AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 | Fort+7,Ref+3,Will+7 | Init+1 | Perc+12

As the others show up Melo feels the dread lift and moves back into the cave. With the backing of the others, he moves to attack and flank with Flynn. Assume I can't charge and attack so I'll stand next to Flyn


HP: 23/45 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 17 l F +3, R +4, W +5 l Living Shadow (7/7), Wings of Darkness (5/7), Worldly (1/1), L1: 7/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init +10 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +7, Diplomacy +7, Fly +4, Heal +7, Intimidate +7, Kn. Arcana/Nature +5, Kn. History/Planes +6, Profession: Sailor +4, Sense Motive +10, Spellcraft +9, Swim +5, UMD +5
Female Human Oracle 7 l Active Conditions:

Lenneth's eyes widen as she easily makes out the undead monstrosities that have Flynn and Melo fighting for their lives. She reaches within her mind for this new, largely untested power she'd been granted and begins chanting...

...suddenly, a large, ghostly chain forms just behind the nearest of the two giant undead and attempts to wrap itself around the creature's legs!

Chain of Perdition (Trip): 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 3 = 25
______

Lenneth casts Chain of Perdition on the nearest giant thing!


Attacks:
Lance +12 | Favored Enemy: Undead +4 Human +2
Stats:
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15, HP 59, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear| Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 9 | Base Atk +7; CMB +7; CMD 21
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Handle Animal +12, Kn Nat +4, Perception +15, Ride +12, Stealth +13, Survival +11
Melo wrote:
As the others show up Melo feels the dread lift and moves back into the cave. With the backing of the others, he moves to attack and flank with Flynn. Assume I can't charge and attack so I'll stand next to Flyn

If you withdrew from combat last time I believe that is up to double your movement and a charge action allows you to move double as well. So unless there is difficult terrain in here you should be able to charge I think...?

The original giant has taken a hammering so if he is still up Flynn is in major trouble anyway :/


Lilith's ray of fire burns a large gaping hole in the giant's torso, before Feldus and Valex's bolts of golden light slam in to it. It turns for a moment, staring blankly back down the cave corridor towards you, before its knees buckle and it collapses on the spot.

Flynn turns his attention to the new giant, his blade landing one blow and chopping a chunk of flesh from its leg.

Melo charges back in to the cave to stand alongside Flynn, as he moves in, the giant's open hand slams in to his chest 15 damage

A ghostly chain appears in front of you all and lashes out around the giant's ankle, heaving and straing to jerk it off balance. Just as it seems about to succeed the giant takes a step forward and the chain slips free Missed CMB by 1 >.<. It swings a backhand that despite its slow moving nature seems impossible for Flynn to block or dodge given its size. It clips him and spins him around 18 damage

Perception DC 20 (hearing-based) no taking 10 or 20:
You hear the sound of spellcasting from somewhere behind the giant

Players up!


Attacks:
Lance +12 | Favored Enemy: Undead +4 Human +2
Stats:
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15, HP 59, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear| Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 9 | Base Atk +7; CMB +7; CMD 21
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Handle Animal +12, Kn Nat +4, Perception +15, Ride +12, Stealth +13, Survival +11

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Flynn grunts in pain. He can see darkness at the fringes of his vision but he shakes his head, sending a spray of sweat and blood flicking off his locks.

Grrrnnn.... there's someone.... casting a spell...... over there! he wheezes. It could be Whispering Way! he adds with effort before defending himself as best he can as he falls back.

Withdraw! If it has 10 foot reach it will still get an AOO on me

HP = 24/59

Dark Archive

Female Elven Female Elven Wizard (Conjurer) level 7, hp 45/45, AC 13/16|T 12|FF 11/14, F +3|R +5|W +4 (+2 v Enchantment and immune to sleep), Init +3, Perception + 18 Low-light vision and Dancing Lights

So wishing Lilith had the spell Command Undead. If she did these guys would be working for her, no save...

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30

Hearing the spellcasting Lilith recommends Spread out. Lets not present a single group target. She then fires a second scorching ray at the giant and moves back and away from the group.

Scorching Ray, Range Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 104d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 6, 1) = 11


Hp 45/45 :: L1 spells 5/5:L2 spells 2/2: Perf rounds 12/12 Hum/Chlx Bard(archvst)4 Rog 3
Combat:
Conc+6; longsword +8 (1d8+2/19-20)/ sling +7 (1d4+1) /init+2/F3-R9-W5

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

As he completes his own spellcasting - hurling another bolt of golden light at the remaining giant - Valex stains to hear and identify the other spellcaster and its spell.

ranged touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
1d6 ⇒ 6


Active Conditions: Mage Armor HP 22/33 HP; AC 17, t14, ff 15 ; Init +2; F+2, R +5, W +8; Perc +11; Stealth +12 | Low-light; Scent | Not hungry

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Feldus easily catches the sound of casting, and strains to recognize the spell.

If the Way made it here...they must have a base nearby...This one must die!

He intones his own spell, sending invisible tendrils of power at the large giant zombie, seeking to interrupt its connection to the Negative plane...

Cast Halt Undead at the Giant. A non-intelligent undead creature gets no saving throw; an intelligent undead creature does (Will save DC 16). If the spell is successful, it renders the undead creature immobile for 5 rounds (similar to the effect of hold person on a living creature). The effect is broken if the halted creatures are attacked or take damage.


Male Human Druid 7 | HP 66 | AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 | Fort+7,Ref+3,Will+7 | Init+1 | Perc+12

Melo swings his club at the giant, holding his ground hoping to keep him in this place and let the other finish it off.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

hp-29/66


HP: 23/45 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 17 l F +3, R +4, W +5 l Living Shadow (7/7), Wings of Darkness (5/7), Worldly (1/1), L1: 7/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init +10 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +7, Diplomacy +7, Fly +4, Heal +7, Intimidate +7, Kn. Arcana/Nature +5, Kn. History/Planes +6, Profession: Sailor +4, Sense Motive +10, Spellcraft +9, Swim +5, UMD +5
Female Human Oracle 7 l Active Conditions:

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Chain of Perdition (Trip): 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 3 = 21

As Lenneth's ghostly chain continues trying to tangle up the remaining giant with little success, the once-witch hears the cries of alarm of her friends. An enemy caster, somewhere behind the giant. Narrowing her eyes, she cries out, "Be silent!" as she points to a spot somewhere behind the undead creature.
______

Lenneth will cast Silence, throwing it somewhere just past the remaining giant. Though it doesn't really say in the description, I found this post from Jim Groves that indicates the Chain of Perdition is an auto-attacker unless I want to move it or designate a different target, which costs me a move action to do so.


Attacks:
Lance +12 | Favored Enemy: Undead +4 Human +2
Stats:
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15, HP 59, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear| Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 9 | Base Atk +7; CMB +7; CMD 21
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Handle Animal +12, Kn Nat +4, Perception +15, Ride +12, Stealth +13, Survival +11
Feldus Roni wrote:

[dice=Perception]1d20+11

[dice=Spellcraft]1d20+10

Feldus easily catches the sound of casting, and strains to recognize the spell.

If the Way made it here...they must have a base nearby...This one must die!

He intones his own spell, sending invisible tendrils of power at the large giant zombie, seeking to interrupt its connection to the Negative plane...

Cast Halt Undead at the Giant. A non-intelligent undead creature gets no saving throw; an intelligent undead creature does (Will save DC 16). If the spell is successful, it renders the undead creature immobile for 5 rounds (similar to the effect of hold person on a living creature). The effect is broken if the halted creatures are attacked or take damage.

GM - I get that attacking it breaks the hold - but is it helpless for that single attack? I would assume not and the act of attacking it makes it mobile again but thought I would check since as Feldus says it is similar to the effect of hold person


As Flynn retreats the giant swipes him for 15 damage sending the halfling almost tumbling to thte floor before he recovers his balance.

Lilith's ray blazes a scorch across the giant's side, and tiny flames flicker and go out as the decaying remains of its clothing ignite for a moment.

Valex's blast of golden light washes over the undead and leaves its own burn marks on the animated corpse.

Feldus spell completes and tendrils of necromantic energy sirge forth to wrap around the zombie and stop it in its tracks.

Feldus: caster level check versus SR 15 please (the same energy that causes all the dead to rise is also jealous, and guards its creations against the control of others!)

Melo's club bounces off the giant's thick hide.

Lenneth's chain of force lashes out but fails to ensnare the gigantic limbs. At the completion of her spell, there is quiet in the darkness beyond the giant zombie.

Players up as soon as we've seen Feldus' SR roll and determined if the giant is held or not!

Flynn: hand wave is that the giant would be flat-footed/immobile for one attack, then able to defend itself normally. Faldus' action would be the last thing to go off in the round, which would give the party a brief respite unless you continue your assault or something else happens.


Active Conditions: Mage Armor HP 22/33 HP; AC 17, t14, ff 15 ; Init +2; F+2, R +5, W +8; Perc +11; Stealth +12 | Low-light; Scent | Not hungry

CL check vs SR 15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 *insert sad trombone sound here*


Attacks:
Lance +12 | Favored Enemy: Undead +4 Human +2
Stats:
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15, HP 59, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear| Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 9 | Base Atk +7; CMB +7; CMD 21
Skills:
Acrobatics -1, Handle Animal +12, Kn Nat +4, Perception +15, Ride +12, Stealth +13, Survival +11

HP=9/59

Dark Archive

Female Elven Female Elven Wizard (Conjurer) level 7, hp 45/45, AC 13/16|T 12|FF 11/14, F +3|R +5|W +4 (+2 v Enchantment and immune to sleep), Init +3, Perception + 18 Low-light vision and Dancing Lights

Seeing Flynn get his Lilith tried to conjur a pit under the giant undead, hoping that it is slow and clumsy and will not be able to avoid it.

Casts Create Put under the giant. DC 17 reflex or fall in taking 3d6 falling damage

5,651 to 5,700 of 5,792 << first < prev | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Walking Dead of Golarion by GM Fiendish - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.