Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Walking Dead

Game Master DEWN MOU'TAIN

Overnight, the city of Magnimar has turned from a lawful city to an undead wasteland. A small group of survivors have managed to hang on...for now


1 to 50 of 288 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

The evening started off much like any other. A comfortable and affordable inn, drinks and food to eat, a bard in the corner playing her lute, the innkeeper telling tales of how he took on a multi-headed hydra.
You been to one inn like this, youve been to them all.

As you settle in for a comfortable stay, you begin to chat amonst yourself. A self-righteous nobleman from Chileax, a couple of mercenaries from beyond, a cleric who blesses his ale before drinking it, and others. Everyone seems content to be friendly through the night before the day comes again and you all go your separate ways.

But, something strange begins to happen. At first, you feel a dull throb within your head, and your heart begins to pound rapidly at first, then slows. Pushing away your drink and food, you chalk up the odd sensation to the meal. You look for the innkeeper to complain, but he is gone. So is the bard, for you finally notice the quiet.
Looking about, you see others with the same questioning look.

A thud at the door draws your attention to the front. another thud. and another.
this doesn't seem right you think to yourself as you struggle with through the haze of your affliction.

A last thud and the door opens. Its the Innkeeper, but something isnt right about him. He shuffles in, slowly at first, as if he hasnt walked in months. his arms, once fluid with motion from his many speeches, now hang limply at his side.
The bouncer, a rugged human, walks up and asks a question.
hey, you ok?
The response is an unexpected one. The innkeeper grasps the mans arm and bites into it, tearing out a huge gash of flesh. the bouncer falls back to the floor, screaming in pain. the innkeeper, swallowing his appetizer, leaps upon the wounded man, his fingers driving into the bouncers soft core, tearing it open with savage strength of a man who is starving.
Ropes of intestines, and small balls of flesh colored organs fall to the floor and spread out, spilling their contents, filling the air with the stench of decay.
The creature, for that is no longer an innkeeper, snatches up the string of intestine, and shoves it greedily into its mouth.
A quiver of fear escapes someone, causing the creature to turn its gaze upon those of you who sit in their seats, unable to move for the fear of the unnatural scene floods your brains with immobility.
The creature screams out a wail, filling the room with its deathly sound. It is answered from outside. A second. a third. A weaker cry emits from the dead bouncer as the body begins to quiver and twitch.
A moment later, 3 more of these things shuffle in through the door, their hungry eyes falling upon those of you shocked in your seats.
we...have...to...move a voice mummbles.
Surprised that you still sit, you leap into action, hurling your chairs at the things, and sprinting up stairs, for your gear is in your rooms.
Taking the stairs 3 at a time, (an orc mercenary picks up the small halfling and carries him up), you arrive to the second floor and see another horrific scene.
More of the creatures, the maids, wenches, and other patrons who have already bedded are out in the hall, blocking your access to your rooms.
Looking down the stairs, and down the hall, you are trapped.
Several of your fellow patrons attempt to fight against the horde with wooden clubs that were remnants of chairs, but all fall to the raveneous horde.
Quick thinking, the dwarf motions to the large orc give me a boost. The orc, realizing the genius of the plan, laces his fingers, catches the dwarf's foot, and lifts the dwarf to the ceiling, where the dwarf smashes a hole in the plaster.
Scrambling quickly, the dwarf reaches down and begins to pull you all up to the safety of the attic.

As the last person is pulled, the human noble, the things press forward, attempting to overwhelm the lone human, but a quick leap and a pull see him to safety.

Your eyes have a hard time in the darkness of the attic as you move about, navigating the narrow timbers of the unfinished attic. Seeing no windows, you realize that for the time being, this place is safe.
Sitting down, and making yourself as comfortable as can be, you wait out the night, hoping that daylight brings hope.

the night is long, with a strange haunting tune floating upon the air, the words are incomprehensible, but seem to drill into your thoughts, making it difficult to think, to sleep, to concentrate. The occasional reminder moan from the creatures helps to amplify the lack of sleep.

everyone make a fort save, dc 15 to resist the effects of fatigue from not sleeping the night prior

Ill give everyone a chance to have an in character intro before proceeding with plot.

Cheliax

stats:
Per +5/7. Initiative +1. AC/touch 11 flat 10. cmd 11. Fort +2. Ref +0. Will +3.
Abyssal Tattooed Sorcerer 2

Fort 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10. Ah fatigued.

During the sleepless night.
Alfonso finds his thoughts turning not to the strange attack or the things below them but rather to the voice, the voice that bade him to move. Was there something odd about that voice? {ooc]Was it a message spell by any chance? [/ooc]

With the dawn.

The noble removes a small silver box from his belt. Opening it reveals a brown powder. Sprinkling a pinch onto his glove he closes the box before inhaling the snuff.

Sniff..."Ah..Good morning my friends. At least I think that is morning light I see peeking through the roof-tiles."


Summoner 1 [ HP: 10/10 AC: 14 T: 14 FF: 11 | Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +4 Perc: +3 ]

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Jacob groans as he sits up, having successfully gotten some sleep, mostly drunken stupor. He hugs his bottle of wine to himself as people ask for it, but after a swig, he hands it off. "Uhg...This is not what I had in mind when I got drunk. Things are supposed to get prettier...Not Uglier!" He rubs his head. He blinks, wincing as he looks up in time for a single speck of sunlight leaking through the roof hits him right in the eyes before he covers his eyes again. Thankfully being small he stands up and stretches, causing little bones to pop, echoing through the attic.


Fort vs. fatigue 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

”mornin’” Eamch mumbles.

This half-orc is short for his kind, though bulky as a dwarf. His appearance is rather bestial, the kind you don’t see on the city streets much. His clothes suggest someone rather poor.

”Any sign of the watch yet?” he says, nodding at the hole in the plaster made the night before. ”Or is it just still those things?”


Male Dwarf Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 1

Fort vs. Fatigue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
It's not listed, but would Endurance give a bonus to this kind of Constitution check? If so, that's an extra +4.

The surly-looking Dwarven mercenary looks amongst his companions as they wake, while sitting with his back to a wooden beam. "I ain't seen nothin' but these things," he starts, the accent noticeably different from the average Dwarf. He cranes his neck to take a look through their makeshift entrance to the attic, clicking his tongue and cussing softly under his breath at the view through the hole in the ceiling. Setting the weapon that has been resting in his lap against the beam, he stands up and begins to stretch.

"It looks like we don't got many options, so whether I like it or not, we're stuck together for now. Name's Khron."

Cheliax

stats:
Per +5/7. Initiative +1. AC/touch 11 flat 10. cmd 11. Fort +2. Ref +0. Will +3.
Abyssal Tattooed Sorcerer 2
Eamch Stone wrote:


”Any sign of the watch yet?” he says, nodding at the hole in the plaster made the night before. ”Or is it just still those things?”

The noble stands and peers down the entry hole.

"No sign of those noble servants of peace and tranquility. No sound of their whistles either. That I think is significant."

Khron wrote:
"It looks like we don't got many options, so whether I like it or not, we're stuck together for now. Name's Khron."

The human turns to Khron and bows deeply. "Greetings sir. I am Alfonso de'Almonte de'Beronsanti de'Calientia. A humble adjunct to the imperial diplomatic mission and your grateful servant. I believe we have your head to thank for our palatial surroundings? Along with our green skinned associate of course." The Cheliaxian accent is not overwhelming but it is present.

Rizzen Could you describe the attic? We know the floor is exposed joists but what about the roof? Latice work and slate/tiles? Solid planks? It matters a bit as slates/tiles are easy, if noisy, to get through.


Male Dwarf Ranger (Guide) 1st HP 14/14; AC 12 / FF 10/ T 12; F+5 / R+4 / W+3

Fort Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Teodor rests his back against a beam and shifts a bit, obviously uncomfortable.

I don't know how much rest you actually got last night, but I am pretty tired, the screams stopped at some point, but they're still shuffling down there, I bet you they know we're up here, even if they are no longer smart enough to try to follow us...

Or maybe they didn't see us...

I am Teodor Skov by the way


Male Dwarf Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 1
Alfonso wrote:
The human turns to Khron and bows deeply. "Greetings sir. I am Alfonso de'Almonte de'Beronsanti de'Calientia. A humble adjunct to the imperial diplomatic mission and your grateful servant. I believe we have your head to thank for our palatial surroundings? Along with our green skinned associate of course." The Cheliaxian accent is not overwhelming but it is present.

Khron gives the human man a once-over. "Ain't nothin'. Cap' always said that higher ground gives ya the advantage." The dwarf sits back down, dusting off a leg of his slightly faded blue and gray traveler's outfit before picking his weapon back up and laying it on his lap again.

In the darkness of the windowless attic, Khron's gray eyes search around for anything of value or use in their predicament. While his right hand rests on the head of his axe, his left strokes his well-kept red beard. Though he's sitting, it's quite obvious he's rather large for a dwarf, taller and broader than most of his kind. "More important than thanks, we need to think 'bout what we'll do from here."

Teodor Skov wrote:

I don't know how much rest you actually got last night, but I am pretty tired, the screams stopped at some point, but they're still shuffling down there, I bet you they know we're up here, even if they are no longer smart enough to try to follow us...

I am Teodor Skov by the way

Khron nods once to his fellow dwarf. "'s'long as they stay down there, we got time... nothin' but time."


Summoner 1 [ HP: 10/10 AC: 14 T: 14 FF: 11 | Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +4 Perc: +3 ]

Grumbles, rubbing his eyes a little, and with a final yawn, the hafling looks over at the folks. "The names Jacob. Just Jacob." The small hafling, wearing just a simple traveling outfit, chuckles, moving over to an empty area of the attic. Any idea how this all happened? These things usually don't happen out of the blue." He then nods over to Khron."Indeed, you guys seem nice enough, but not enough to stay cramped up here together for much longer...Though I may be making it a bit more cramped here soonish. I need to call a friend." He says with a chuckle, brushing his blond hair out from his face as he uses very little of the remaining wine to make a small circle in the floor, muttering.

Begins the minute casting to summon Eidolon...Good thing he's not large!


”Yeah. For somthin’ like this to go without the watch steppin’ in by now. It ain’t right. So, up or down? Do we punch through the ceilin’ and see if we can flag some help? Or do we try to cut another hole down into a room without them in it? I think my room is over there.” he says, pointing to a different part of the attic floor.


Male Dwarf Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 1

Khron shakes his head. "We need a much more solid plan 'fore we try to go droppin' in on 'em down 'ere. I like me insides where they is, safe and sound under me beard." He looks towards the ceiling, considering his options. "I also don' know how good it would be to put a hole in our only shelter. And if those things aren' just in th' inn, but outside too, I don' think we'll find many people out there lookin' t' help." The mercenary grimaces, his hand squeezing the top of his weapon.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

regular vision:
Attempting to discern any type of information about the structure is almost pointless from any location except near the hole in the floor.

those with lowlight vision:
Glancing about, you are able to see that the struts are evenly spaced, with runners running perpendicular to the struts. Wooden lathing with gobs of plaster hang from these runners, creating the plastered ceiling you saw from your room the day before. The inside of the roof itself is well supported. The struts hold up the roof, with sheets of wood evenly spaced apart to allow for the nailing of ceramic tile to the roof

darkvision:
Glancing about, you are able to see that the struts are evenly spaced, with runners running perpendicular to the struts. Wooden lathing with gobs of plaster hang from these runners, creating the plastered ceiling you saw from your room the day before. The inside of the roof itself is well supported. The struts hold up the roof, with sheets of wood evenly spaced apart to allow for the nailing of ceramic tile to the roof. Looking back at the floor that you now stand upon, you are able to make out the minute detail of wood driven into the runners to allow for the creation of walls. Spaced evenly, roughly 10 feet wide, you can see the outline of individual walls for rooms.

everyone, make a perception check: DC 15

if you get pass the DC, please read:
You begin to smell the faint smell of wood burning. It is strongest coming from the hole in the floor


"If we can quietly cut a hole in the plaster into a room that has a window but none of those things, one of us can see outside and see if this is just happenin' here, or if it is out on the streets too."

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

"Hey, does anyone else smell somethin' burnin'?"


Male Dwarf Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 1

Perception check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Khron sniffs the air but doesn't smell any smoke. "Nah, but it doesn't bode well if y' do." He stands, storing his axe on its belt hook, with a deep frown marring his face. "Looks like we ain't got as much time as I thought. Get up, ya slackers, we're gonna hav'ta come up with a plan now."


Summoner 1 [ HP: 10/10 AC: 14 T: 14 FF: 11 | Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +4 Perc: +3 ]

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Is still in the middle of his summoning, before he takes a breath through his nose, and wrinkles it. He pauses just for a brief moment. "Aw crap.." And he seems to mumble faster in arcane words, the little circle of wine glowing slightly, and a lightly glowing symbol appears upon his forehead.

Just let me know when the minute is up.


Male Dwarf Ranger (Guide) 1st HP 14/14; AC 12 / FF 10/ T 12; F+5 / R+4 / W+3

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Teodor stands up with a sense of purpose despite the aches in his back and the growls in his belly.

If the building is burning, our little hole is going to fill up first

Someone take a peek at the hole, is it safe to go down? otherwise, I can see the wall divisions in the floor, we can probably figure out what our rooms are, but are those safe?

Cheliax

stats:
Per +5/7. Initiative +1. AC/touch 11 flat 10. cmd 11. Fort +2. Ref +0. Will +3.
Abyssal Tattooed Sorcerer 2

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

"Yes, there is smoke coming from below. We need to leave and we need light."

The noble scrapes his gloved hands together and four sparks fly from them.
The tiny motes of light grow in strength as they begin to move about the room

"I should think down is far from safe. Mr. Khron care to test your axe against the roof? We could use another exit"

Silver Crusade

Male Elf

Shallowsoul stands and clutches his staff looking around.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Silver Crusade

Male Elf

*speaks a quick incantation as he waves his hand in a circle*

Shallowsoul casts a Shield spell.

Silver Crusade

Male Elf

I'm not going down there first


Male Dwarf Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 1

"Th' hell wit' it!" Khron barks, drawing his weapon and moving to strike at the roof above. "I'll cut a hole topside, you folks worry 'bout figurin' out what to do about the fire and them!"

Khron begins to try cutting an opening in the ceiling.


Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)1[ HP: 15/15 AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +5 R: +2 W -1(Birthmark)

Fortitude1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Kragdash had been silent till now just clutching to his weapon and listening. The orc is a mountain of muscle huge even by orc standards. His hair is unkept and has a short stubble. His body is covered in scars some self inflicted as decorations. "Kragdash son of Felzak. I smell fire too. I say we go down and slaughter the things, I want my things from my room and this is an inn there would be good deal of food and more importantly something to drink here, if we can stop the fire." The accents is thick and coarse but pretty easy to understand.

The orc then looks at the dwarf starting to assault the ceiling. "Good fresh air." He then moves next to the entrance and shoves his head out of the hole to take a look to see if the creatures are still there and if so how many.

Silver Crusade

Male Elf

*readies another spell just in case*

What do we do now?


"How many are down there now?" Eamch asks of no one in particular.

Even as he asks, he moves to a corner of the attic that has walls indicating it has a room below them. He'll ready his dagger and start to poke a hole into the room below.


Cleric (Evangelist) 2 [ HP: 13/13 AC: 18 T: 14 FF: 15 | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 (+11 vs fear) | Init +3 Perc: +5 ]

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Bel rubs the back of his neck as he stands and listens to the others make introductions. It would appear that an attic is not the most comfortable if places in which to sleep.

"Morning all," he says with all the brightness he can muster, "Belvedyr Haverfoot, although my friends call me Bel for short. Quite the predicament we find ourselves in, hmm?"

Bel's rising concern at the smell of smoke is offset by the logistical problems of clambering over rooftops. "You know, clambering over the rooftops is not likely to be easy and if we're to stand any chance of getting out of this situation alive, I suspect we'll need our weapons and equipment." Bel has a small rapier hanging from his belt but little else except his travelling clothes.


Male Dwarf Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 1

Khron stops mid-swing, considering the Halfling's words. "Yer right. So, let's size up what's goin' on." The mercenary moves over to the hole he'd punched in the floor the night prior, peeking through the opening while trying not to be too exposed. "'Ere goes," he mutters as he looks down.

Perception check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Damnit, there's my only 20 for the next month or so.

Cheliax

stats:
Per +5/7. Initiative +1. AC/touch 11 flat 10. cmd 11. Fort +2. Ref +0. Will +3.
Abyssal Tattooed Sorcerer 2
Belvedyr Haverfoot wrote:
"You know, clambering over the rooftops is not likely to be easy and if we're to stand any chance of getting out of this situation alive, I suspect we'll need our weapons and equipment." Bel has a small rapier hanging from his belt but little else except his travelling clothes.

Alfonso turns his attention to the halfling.

"No it will not be easy. However walking through a burning inn full of those things will be no easier. You saw how fast they overcame and, converted the bouncer. Getting within arm's reach is not on today's agenda Mr Haverfoot."
"Then there are the streets to consider. Are they empty? Full of...we need a better word than things... but them? Or are the happy and contented citizenry going about their myriad daily tasks in blissful ignorance of what is happening here?"
"We don't know. We need to know"

"Hacking a hole in the roof will give us information about what is happening on the streets. It will give us an exit in case of extreme need, an entrance if rescue is forthcoming, and it supplies a road for the smoke to leave allowing us more time to solve our current pressing problems while signaling our distress to a conceivably helpful world."

"So if Messers Khron and Kragdash would please return to their interior decoration. Our friend with the dagger can proceed to open a new exit to the hopefully empty room below. The rest of us can can keep eyes and ears open for movement until Jacob's friend arrives."


Male Dwarf Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 1

Khron pushes himself up, resting most of his weight on one knee, and turns a dark glare towards Alfonso. "Look 'ere, blueblood. I ain't yer damned servant, and I sure as the Nine Hells ain't doing what ya want just 'cause ya say so. Now eitha' make yerself useful or shut yer yap." The dwarven man returns to his earlier position, attempting to continue checking out the situation below.

Silver Crusade

Male Elf

Enough!

*the pale skinned elf looks at each one in turn*

This is the last thing we need right now. We need to get organized and find a way out of here

I'm Shallowsoul by the way, yeah I know it's a strange name but the kids used to call me that when I was younger and it stayed with me

Silver Crusade

Male Elf

Khron, I have a spell that would speed up the process of making that hole on the roof

*begins chanting and waits for Khron to step aside*


Male Dwarf Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 1

Khron's looking through the hole in the floor, Shallow.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

khron:
sticking your head out the hole you glance about. Down the hall to the rooms you see 5 of those things, and down the stairs you see several more of them. Looking back up the hole, you see that one door to a room remains shut. Nodding to yourself, you remember that that is your room, with your gear in it.


Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)1[ HP: 15/15 AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +5 R: +2 W -1(Birthmark)

Kragdash raises his head from the opening snapping it to Alfonso's direction and bares his teeth. "Listen unscarred, unless you want to be my next meal or improvised hammer to open the way you do not make the mistake of telling me what to do again."


Male Dwarf Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 1

Khron gets up and moves away from the hole in the floor. "At leas' eight t' ten of 'em, that I can see. Probably more," he begins, moving over to the area of the attic above where his room was situated. He begins to cut a small hole here with his axe. "Me gear's in th' room under 'ere, and I ain't leavin' without it. Somebody should work on th' roof so we can get an idea o' what's goin' on outside. We ain't got much time, e'en though it seems like th' fire ain't an immediate threat." As he finishes cutting, he steps back and kicks the damaged floor out, before leaning back down to see if there are any of the beasts in his room.

"If ya know where yer room is, you'd probably do well to check on it. We ain't gonna do well with jus' the clothes on our backs."

Should I roll another Perception check?


Summoner 1 [ HP: 10/10 AC: 14 T: 14 FF: 11 | Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +4 Perc: +3 ]

Continues to mumble, pretty much ignoring the rest as he hurriedly tries to finish his ritual to call a friend for help. Almost there. Get you're furry behind here!"


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

minutes up. feel free to describe the eidolons entrance.


Male Dwarf Ranger (Guide) 1st HP 14/14; AC 12 / FF 10/ T 12; F+5 / R+4 / W+3

Teodor looks at Khron, what about the fire, did you see it? how much time do we have?

Is it getting hot or difficult to breathe?

Teodor then looks around the attic, trying to find something useful to pry a board from the roof off, as well as trying to identify the board with best chances of coming off quickly.

If I don't find anything useful... I will use my dagger.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male Dwarf Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 1

Khron looks up from scouting out his room. "Didn't see any fire, doesn't mean it ain't there." He leans back down, his waraxe still tightly gripped in his right hand.


Summoner 1 [ HP: 10/10 AC: 14 T: 14 FF: 11 | Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +4 Perc: +3 ]

With that, the circle of wine soaked wood of the rafters flared up in a soft light. Jacob jumps back to give the emerging creature room. [n]Took you long enough to get here Fritz![/b] The creature, which looks like a...'large' bidedal rabbit! Though the fur, being quite a gaudy purple, with white paws and feet. The creature groans a little, rubbing his head as he balances against the side of a beam. Dammit, you made the circle from booze again didn't you! I don't need a hangover either!" He snorts, glancing around, keeping his head ducked down not to have the small horns portruding from the base of it's long ears getting caught on anything. The creature also seems to have very long arms, almost down to it's feet. "Umm...Where are we? ...And where's my weapon at?
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Perceptions
Jacob quickly answer. "Attic, undead, and in my room!"


Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)1[ HP: 15/15 AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +5 R: +2 W -1(Birthmark)

Khron's suggestions seems more agreeable to the orc as he starts making his way towards it. That was interrupted when the halfling summoned his eidolon. He looks at the creature shaking his head few times. "I did not drink this much." As the creature seems to be the friend Jacob had talked about, Kragdash goes back to his business of locating the ceiling of his room while mumbling something in orcish beneath his breath. The orc then starts with the task of opening the ceiling managing to keep his temper in check to do so patiently as to not make too much noise.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

oh look, jacob summoned the easter kangaroo LOL


Actually I'm more like the massive bunny digimon from Tamers. Yes, I was a geek when I was young........Wait. Still am!

Cheliax

stats:
Per +5/7. Initiative +1. AC/touch 11 flat 10. cmd 11. Fort +2. Ref +0. Will +3.
Abyssal Tattooed Sorcerer 2

Smiling benignly at the orc and dwarf Alfonso sweeps his eyes and floating lights around the attic. (See anything? Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17.)

"Please forgive my clumsy words. I am afraid our situation momentarily got the better of me.

Alfonso moves to assist Teodor in opening the roof. Though Fatigued as he is I fear the aid will be minimal.

Fools and children. Eyes locked on the short term, things, drink, rage and glory.... We should be hearing temple bells about now. Or feeling the rumble of the dray carts. Cities are never quiet... The rooftops might be the best option.... Still best to let them have their heads for now. Let the fear and anger burn itself out here.. Maybe some will start thinking in time.... Maybe

Questions for Mr. RizzenMagnus: What is the name of this Inn? In which neighborhood/district is it located? What is near the inn? Any abutting buildings/nearby temples/rivers? Kn. Local (untrained) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 if it helps.


Cleric (Evangelist) 2 [ HP: 13/13 AC: 18 T: 14 FF: 15 | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 (+11 vs fear) | Init +3 Perc: +5 ]

Bel grins charmingly at the nobleman.

"Some of us require our gear, Alfonso, or else we'll be worse than useless out there." Bel gestures vaguely towards the half-formed hole in the roof.

Perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Bel is going to try and locate his own room so that he can grab his meagre belongings, mainly his heavy crossbow.

"Unfortunately, my holy symbol is on the table I was sitting at in the tap room, which by the accounts of our dwarven friend here is behind at least eight of those... things."

"I suggest that we recover our belongings and see what we can see from our vantage point up here," Bel says, looking around at the others.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

for those of you who are tearing up the floor to get access to your room, itll be a strength check DC 20. Or you could just jump up and down on it and the floor will give.


Male Dwarf Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 1

DC20 Strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Oops. I suppose Khron will have to kick that floor a little harder than he intended.


Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)1[ HP: 15/15 AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +5 R: +2 W -1(Birthmark)

I am assuming retry is possible. Also how long does one check take?
Str check1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Str check1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Str check1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Kragdash rips in to the floor gripping in and pulling it every concievebly direction, clearly frustrated at the task at hand. It takes some time with lot of grunts but finally the floor gives way to the assault. "Finally. Do others need help so we can get going?" The orc inquires as he looks trough the opening in to his room to see if some of the things had gotten in.

Perception check in case it's needed 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Dwarf Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 1

DC20 Strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
DC20 Strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
In case retries are okay. Third time's a charm, apparently. This would put Khron up to where he told Teodor he couldn't see the fire, I guess?


The bunny-man creature stretches, managing to avoid beaning anyone with those large hands of his. Oh sure, one of the few times I go home for a party of my own, I get brought back to undead parties... Shakes his head, then glances around. "If I remember correct, you're room was..."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 for Fritz with darkvision
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 for Jacob.


Alternating between using his dagger and ripping with his hands, Eamch works to get through to his room.

DC20 Strength check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21.

As he works, he says "I'm Eamch. Let's try to go down and get stuff. If the fire spreads too fast though, it would be good to have a hole in the ceiling to get out of here."

Once he pulls away enough for him to get through, he'll check the room below to see if any of the Cursed (as he thinks of them) have broken into his room.

1 to 50 of 288 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Walking Dead Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.