The Valwick Chronicles

Game Master Signore di Fortuna

The tales of a town.


1,551 to 1,600 of 3,378 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Female Half-Orc Brawler 6/Barbarian (Wild Rager) 1 HP: 65/65; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +12

CSA:
Gashka gets a confused look on her face as her head tilts slightly to the side, "A what?" She absolutely could not take her eyes off of the glorious creature in front of them.


Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

CSA:
"A fey denizen of the waters, protectors who inspire greatness and beauty in those fortunate enough to meet them." Vishanti answers Gahka's question, the otherworldy pull beginning to make a bit more sense.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Brawler 6/Barbarian (Wild Rager) 1 HP: 65/65; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +12

CSA:
Unable to take her eyes off of the woman she just nods, "Oh...okay."


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

CSA:
Chris keeps his eyes directed at the floor.


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 82/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

CSA:
Eldan gets to the point. "So why did you wish to meet with us, Lady Ceinwen?"

The kobold tries to keep it polite, hoping she couldn't see through his disguise.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

CSA:
"I just wish to hear some news of the world," Ceinwen answers. "I am guided by the voices of Vesaria to protect those being threatened by disaster, to a degree. However, I do not travel in 'civilized' lands."

She approaches Chris and touches his shoulder. "Am I so repulsive that you avert your eyes?"


CSA:
Anton remains near the rear of the group, keeping an eye on the gillmen that led them here. He was certain that if treachery was afoot, they'd be the first to act upon it.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

CSA:
"No, not at all," Chris answers without raising his head. "You just have such lovely floors."


CSA:
Ceinwen laughs again, her voice echoing in the room. "Perhaps in exchange for your news, I can cordially invite you to live among us here. We are a peaceful place, though we have run across some troublemakers as of late. Do you not tire of endless journeys and not having a safe place to call home? I openly offer you this."


CSA:
Parthenia stumbles over her words as she was ready to launch into her diplomatic declaration of declination, but the mention of problems causes her to change course. "'Troublemakers'?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Brawler 6/Barbarian (Wild Rager) 1 HP: 65/65; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +12

CSA:
Gashka gets a sad look on her face for a moment as she thinks back on everything they've been through. Sighing she takes some breaths as she tries to control the torrent of feelings she's having. "There's been....so much that's happened. A lot of it I will never understand. I was lied to by my parents, abducted by a psycho as a child as were several of my friends and other children....then stalked by some crazy assassins that weren't even supposed to exist anymore, taunted and tormented by various fiends....the list seems endless....but....but with these journeys there is always something good that comes out of them. I believe that...I have to or I'd go insane. Before....before we ended up in Nicae I felt as if I was losing myself....my very sanity...." She pauses for a moment and swallows something hard in her throat, "I don't even really know who I am anymore....but I know that there is a purpose for everything that happens, even if we don't understand it. We go on these journeys so that other people can have somewhere safe to call home. We are going to a place now that....while it may not always be safe, can still be our home. Any place can be home if you have people there that you care about....people that....you love." She finishes in almost a whisper as she thinks about Tikkle and what she left behind.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

CSA:
Looking from Gashka to their hostess she says, "We're not from this world either. We appeared in Nicae a little over a year ago. There was a lot of chaos, but Vishanti and I were working on trying to help the people there, but then there were the ghoul attacks, some nasty flesh golems, thugs trying to poison the water system, then we followed a lead to the cemetery, hoping to catch the ones responsible and fell right into a trap. Our way out was sealed shut and the only way to continue on was to go through a door that would lead us to another flesh golem and possibly more ghouls. Then there was that major earthquake and everything went kinda crazy. We were able to get out of there, but a lot of damage was done to the city. More than could be repaired, so we were all put on different ships and sent away from there....which brings us here. I know it seems like there's a lot going wrong in the world right now, but there's a lot of good things too. Things that we fight to protect, that are worth dying for. I don't know what will happen when we get to Zahvroma....but I'm hoping we can do some good to help the people there. That's why....as wonderful as your invitation is and as beautiful as your city is and as difficult as our paths may be sometimes....we still feel the need to follow them. That is why we feel like we can't stay here with you, but we will tell you anything you want to know...well, as much as we can anyways." She hopes that the Queen can understand what it is she's trying to say because she wasn't sure if she was really making any sense, or if she was just babbling nonsense.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

CSA:
"It has been granted of us, the ability to make a difference in whatever little corner of whatever world we inhabit. We owe it to ourselves, and to those in need to do what we can to make others' lives better. To use our gifts rather than hide them away safely, though the price may sometimes be high." Vishanti builds on Derika's words continuing the thought they both share.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human (1/2 Minkai) Rogue 7 (Knifemaster)

CSA:
Anyka closes her eyes for a moment. The offer was tempting....more than tempting in fact. Not just because of the unreal beauty of the one offering it, but because she was tired, more tired than anyone her age should be. Gashka said it, they'd been through the abyss over and over again, enough that she easily felt as if her sanity was slipping at times, where they could barely know who to trust, and eveyone they let close either died or was left behind. And yet, tere was always a reason to get up and keep going, even when it felt like there wasn't.

Every day above ground is a good one.

"Who would cause trouble here?" she asks.


CSA:
Ceinwen seems to take a moment to appraise the group before answering. "A daemon. He is on the lowest levels of this city. Magical wards prevent him from leaving. Usually...I would not consider letting you go, since I prefer that Sanctuary remains a secret. However, if you were to defeat this daemon, I will allow you to continue your voyage."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

CSA:
Cocking her head to the side she says, "Well, first of all we would never tell anyone about you city because we wouldn't want anything to happen to you. Secondly, if the daemon is causing all the trouble...then why were your soldiers leading a group of people down an alleyway in chains? Were they causing trouble too? Thirdly, I can't speak for everyone...but if it will allow us to leave, then yes...we can take care of your little problem." She says while looking around at the others to gauge their reactions.


CSA:
"Those in chains were a pirate and what was left of his crew. We happened upon them, asking for rescue. In return, they tried to attack my subjects," Ceinwen answers. "We do not tolerate criminals here. The daemon is secured, but no one here is sure about how defeat one. Of course, we did find someone who knows a fair bit about daemons with those pirates, but she is unwilling to cooperate."


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

CSA:
She looks thoughtfull for a moment, "Fair enough, sounds like they're exactly where they belong then. I'm not sure if there is anyone with us that knows anything about daemons...but I was wondering....would it be alright with you if we questioned the one that was unwilling to talk? Maybe we can find a way to....motivate her to do so." She says with a little smile.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 6/Barbarian (Wild Rager) 1 HP: 65/65; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +12

CSA:
Not liking the idea of having to fight right away, but realizing the position they were in and that it affected more than their own lives she sighs before looking back up at their "hostess", "I agree with Derika." She looks back at Anyka, her sister. The one that had been with her through so many awful things and sighs, "I know we're tired and I know this might not be an easy fight....but it's not fun if it's easy right? I can't in good conscious leave an evil like that lying around....even if it is contained. Evil never seems to stay contained for long and always seems to find a way of slipping through....I say no more. I say we put an end to it." Looking back at the Queen she asks, "If it is alright with you, like Derika said...maybe we can gain some knowledge from this person that you couldn't. I think we can be very persuasive and we promise not to do anything to bring permanent harm or death upon the subject." She gets quiet again, remembering what happened the last time she tried to question someone. She wouldn't be alone this time though and this was really important so she just puts all doubt aside and tells herself that they can do this, because really...what choice do they have?


Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

CSA:
Vishanti listens to the exchange, weighing Ceinwen's words carefully, corellating with her own knowledge of deamons.

Knowledge Planes (Daemons): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"I posses some understanding of such creatures, though anything we may glean from the pirate would be helpful." the shamaness says. "You may find her to be more helpful if doing so would better her lot or that of those she holds dear."

She shares a look with Derika, one way or another they would figure a way out of this.


Female Human (1/2 Minkai) Rogue 7 (Knifemaster)

CSA:
As Derika and Gashka question the queen, Anyka's eyes narrow as she processes. There were definitely things that didn't add up. This magnanimous society that traveled the waters finding those in need, but forcing anyone who discovered them to come here, and not letting them leave. It sounded like conscription at best, and slavery at the worst.

If everything was so positive here, how did a daemon of whatever end up inhabiting the lower levels in the first place? The price for their help was imprisonment? Everything was adding up to a reality that wasn't anywhere near as pretty as the surface made it out to be, no matter how titillating a package it was wrapped in.

She takes a deep breath, relaxing a little as Gashka jokes about a challenge worth the effort. Her sister always was drawn to doing the right thing. "I'm with you." she says with a grin.

If the woman needed to be ....encouraged to talk.....well that was a skill she'd managed to pick up in her old line of work.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

CSA:
She shakes her head, "I don't think they should be given any "deals". They were shown compassion, and instead of just being grateful for being rescued...they attacked her people. No....we will find another way of gaining the information that we need. One way or another, she will answer my questions." Electricity crackles along her skin as she clenches her hand into a fist. She would not allow more wickedness to harm the innocent. She let the bad guys slip through her fingers once before, it wouldn't happen again.


Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

CSA:
Vishanti hesitates for a moment, then nods. She would discuss her thoughts when they weren't being so closely observed.

She could easily be lying


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

CSA:
Maybe, but I'm sure I'll have a much easier time dealing with the other one. Like it'll be easier to tell if the prisoner is lying than the one that could easily persuade us since she's probably a high level thingy with super charming powers. Right now I don't have any reason not to believe her, and if those prisoners really are pirates, it's probably from Horace's ship that got sunk by that great sea serpent and that heifer is probably the one that was dragging Corda along and partly responsible for her losing the baby, in which case she's in for a whole world of pain. Of course this is all ooc knowledge and purely speculation on my part at this point, but I believe the daemon in question is probably seferous. We'll just have to see what happens.


Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

CSA:
Closing her eyes for a moment and listening to the conversation, opening them and studying the unerthly creature before them, trying to pick up any clues as to her motivations, Vishanti lets her senses take in as much as she can.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 Booyah!!

Fair enough.


CSA:
Vishanti senses a legitimate fear coming from the naiad. While she may be dressing up her words a little, the daemon issue has her distressed.

She also knows a bit about daemons. Daemons are immune to acid, death effects, disease, and poison, and all are vulnerable to good and/or silver weapons. They have resistances against cold, electricity, and fire.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

CSA:
"Do you know what kind of daemon it is?" Parthenia asks. "For all we know, you might be sending us to our deaths."


CSA:
"It refuses to reveal itself," Ceinwen answers. "It is in a human guise."


CSA:
Anton picks up on Parthenia's thinking. "It's not that you don't know it's weakness, it's that it is stronger than you."


Female Human (1/2 Minkai) Rogue 7 (Knifemaster)

CSA:
Anyka smiles to herself, glad to see some of the others were thinking along the same lines.


CSA:
Ceinwen's face grows dark and she dismisses the gillmen from the room. "I was not the one who created this ship. I was actually one of the first beings 'rescued' from my homeland. There are many arcane secrets here, protections from devils, daemons and demons. But I don't know how they work. All I can do it contain the threat in the bowels of this ship."

The naiad sighs. "My homeland no longer exists. This is my home now...that is why I protect it fiercely."


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 82/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

CSA:
"So either we kill this daemon or we get rid of it for you? Is that what you're asking?" Eldan asks.


CSA:
"Either or," the naiad answers.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

CSA:
"I might be able to figure something out," Chris says. "Is there a library here?"

He finally raises his head to look the naiad in the eyes. "I'm sure whoever created this ship would have left instructions of some sort."


CSA:
"I think we can work out a non-violent solution," Parthenia concurs. She turns to the two half-orcs. "Did you still want to meet with this prisoner?"


Female Half-Orc Brawler 6/Barbarian (Wild Rager) 1 HP: 65/65; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +12

CSA:
"Then we will do our best to help you keep it safe, for everyone here. We can't allow him....it....whatever...we can't just ignore it and allow it to wander around, contained or not, we can't risk it getting loose. We really need to find out more about it though before we confront it." She says sincerely.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

CSA:
Looking around at everyone she can't help but feel good about thed people they had surrounded themselves with. Everyone brought something to the table, even the newcomers. Looking at Gashka she nods, "I think looking into some books is a good idea along with talking to that woman. We need all the information we can get."


Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

CSA:
"I know quite a bit about daemons, among which is that they rarely opt for 'non-violent' solutions to things." Vishanti says glancing at Pathenia


CSA:
"If this city has magical protections to ward off daemons, devils and demons," Parthenia clarifies. "Then we should be able to find away to use those protections to get rid of the daemon without having to risk our lives."


CSA:
"There is a library here, but...I suppose you can see it for yourselves," Ceinwen says. "I'll have my soldiers take you to see the prisoner."

She lets out a melodic whistle and the two gillmen reappear. "Take them to see the girl."

She then looks at the group again. "Feel free to come back should you need something."


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

After she finishes her breakfast and coffee she washes her dishes and then goes to get bundled up against the cold and snow. After coming back downstairs she starts putting on her boots, "I'm gonna go check in with Mr. Halfpocket and see if he wants or needs me to do anything, if he's even open for that matter, but he asked me to start today so I really feel like I need to at least go down there. If he isn't there I'll probably stop by to check on Dillon before coming home. Okay?" She asks as she finishes putting on her boots.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 6/Barbarian (Wild Rager) 1 HP: 65/65; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +12

CSA:
She nods before going to follow the soldiers.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

CSA:
She nods her head at the queen as well, "Thank you." Is all she says before taking Vishanti's hand for comfort as they follow the soldiers to talk to the girl.


"Be safe," Asha says.


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

She nods, "I will mama." She says before going out into the cold. She makes her way to the general store as quickly as she can in the deep snow and checks to see if it's open.


Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

CSA:
Vishanti gives a silent nod of her own as she squeezes Derika's hand, on the way to meet with the prisoner.


The door to Halfpocket's shop is locked. There's a note on the door.

---

CSA:
The gillmen lead you back down to the first tier of the city and through some alleyways. Finally, you head down some stairs tucked away from the rest of the town. You end up in a round white room with five cells. Glass separates you from the lone prisoner in the middle cell. You do not see how these cells open.

The female gillman points to the cell. "She is in there."

Inside the lone cell, a pale elven woman with sunken eyes sits on a plain white bench.


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

Rajni takes a look at the note.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

CSA:
She looks at the female gillman, "Is there any way that we can take her out of there and question her somewhere privately? If you need to stay with us I understand, but it would make questioning her easier if we had access to her." She wondered to herself if they even fed the prisoners down here.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 6/Barbarian (Wild Rager) 1 HP: 65/65; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +12

CSA:
She looks at Derika, "I don't know if letting her out is a good idea. What if she's dangerous?"

1,551 to 1,600 of 3,378 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Valwick Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.