Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Twisted Closet

Game Master I'm Hiding In Your Closet

Path to Mercy


101 to 150 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

NG Male Kitsune | Swashbuckler 1 | Init: +4 | Speed: 30’ | HP: 12 / 12 | Perception: -1, Low-Light Vision | Panache 2 / 2 | AC: 18, Touch: 14, FF: 14 | CMD: 16 | Sovereign Court | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: -1

Survival Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Corwyn admires the longbow, but the swashbuckler doesn't care for using such a weapon and leaves it for one of the others to take. The same with the rest of his possessions, though he swirls the gourd full of milky fluid. "What is this? Milk? Some kind of liquor?" When Yanda identifies it as a healing draught, Corwyn nods and glances around at Talondreal, having witnessed the paladin take a dreadful wound a few minutes ago. "Perhaps you should carry this, then?"

As he stands up and dusts off his pants in an oddly fussy manner, Corwyn cocks his head as he stares at the ground a few feet in front of him. "Huh. Hey, what do you all make of this?" It was only sheer chance that the normally unobservant swashbuckler even noticed the prints that lead away from the cave, but he points them out to the others. "Looks like a child walked out of there... and didn't go back in? If it was the vampire we heard about, he's awfully small. But hey, maybe he turned into a bat or something. That would explain why the tracks don't lead back. Right?"

Grand Lodge

M Gnome Druid (feyspeaker/wild whisperer) HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 CMD: 10 | F: 5 R: 2 W: 3 | lowlight vision, Per + 10 (+13 in bright light) SM +7 init +2

Thornberry concurs with this assessment and follows the footsteps with Corwyn Or maybe the world just spit a small child into existence and we are about to meet a child of pure magic.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/3 | HP: 22/24 | AC/Tch/FF: 18/13/15 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Fort/Ref/Will +4/6/1 | Init: +3 | Speed 30 ft | Appraise +8, Craft (Alchemy) +13, Disable Device +7, Fly +8, Heal +4, Kn Arc +8, Kn Nat +8, Kn Planes +5, Perception +6, Sleight of Hand +9, Spellcraft +10, Use Magic Device +5 | Active Conditions: None

"Or maybe it is from a homonculae created in a laboratory! One with wings that sometimes flys?"

Ah, speculation! Amusing but often useless.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Wizard/1| AC 13 [17] T 13 FF 10 | HP 6/8 |Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | Per +6 | Init +2 |HotA 6/6

"Question is: Should we try to follow the tracks?" Ardain isn't sure the footprints of a small child are relevant to the mission, but his curiosity is piqued.

Sovereign Court

NG Male Kitsune | Swashbuckler 1 | Init: +4 | Speed: 30’ | HP: 12 / 12 | Perception: -1, Low-Light Vision | Panache 2 / 2 | AC: 18, Touch: 14, FF: 14 | CMD: 16 | Sovereign Court | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: -1

Corwyn turns to Thornberry, his eyes wide. "Wow, you think? Wouldn't that be something?" He doesn't seem to get Yanda's sarcastic barb and nods. "Sure, could be!" To Ardain's question the swashbuckler shrugs uneasily. "If it IS a child, they might be a prisoner or something. Might be some clues in the cave. I've got a sunrod in my backpack for light." He offers helpfully.

Scarab Sages

Male Tengu Zen Archer/ Feral Hunter lvl 2 HP:14/14Initiative:+6AC:17, T:17, FF:14, CMB:2, CMD:19, Fort: 4, Ref: 7. Will: 6, Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +8 Melee:Scimitar +2(1d6+2, 18-20x2), Ranged: MW Comp. Longbow+4(1d8+2, x3)

Alrighty then, won’t get anywhere standing out here yappin’ let’s go on through!
Kristoff will lead the way down the cave, staying quiet as possible.
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/3 | HP: 22/24 | AC/Tch/FF: 18/13/15 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Fort/Ref/Will +4/6/1 | Init: +3 | Speed 30 ft | Appraise +8, Craft (Alchemy) +13, Disable Device +7, Fly +8, Heal +4, Kn Arc +8, Kn Nat +8, Kn Planes +5, Perception +6, Sleight of Hand +9, Spellcraft +10, Use Magic Device +5 | Active Conditions: None

I've lined the characters up at the entrance. We're ready to go."


Sorry for the delay.

Pictographs on the walls of this shallow cave (which appears to be unoccupied) show an indistinct winged creature navigating through a sea of swirling patterns and black dots. A clumsily constructed altar sits at the center of the cave. Dozens of small niches are carved into the wall, most filled with an odd assortment of items; teeth (which Thornberry recognizes as a combination of human and gnoll teeth), scraps of clothing, a jar of white liquid (which Yanda quickly identifies simply as rancid cashew milk), a masterwork quarterstaff, several pieces of parchment, a cloth spell component pouch, a leather satchel containing an oil of silence and four comparatively fancy-looking bullets of the type made for black powder weapons, and several identical wooden dolls of exceptionally high quality.

Knowledge (Religion) DC 15, DC 10 if you worship Nethys:
The staff is decorated with obscure symbols of Nethys.

read magic:
The parchments include a scroll of speak with plants and a CL 5th scroll of mount.

detect magic and Spellcraft DC 18:
Three of the bullets are +1 Seeking Bullets.

detect magic and Spellcraft DC 17:
The fourth bullet is a Tracer Bullet.

Perception DC 15:
You notice traces of dried green-tinted blood on the altar. Most of it has been sloppily wiped away.

Knowledge (Religion) DC 15:
This altar is dedicated to madness.

Knowledge (Religion or Planes) DC 20:
More specifically, this altar is dedicated to the Outer God Azathoth.

The footprints you were following originate just below an empty niche.

Dark Archive

HP 19/19; AC 16 13t 13f; f 2, r 6, w 3; bab 1, melee +2, ranged +5; cmb 0, cmd 13; init +3; inspir 5/5; wclw 48; folio reroll 1/1 | wayang investigator (empiricist)/2 | -22
skills:
acro 3, apprs 4, craft alch 9, diplo 8, disable 9, escape 3, kn hist 8, kn religion 8, kn engrg 8, kn local 8,kn nat 8, kn nob 8, kn planes 8, kn rel 8, ling 8, perc 9/10 traps, splcrft 8, stlh 8, sm 4, umd 9

know religion dc 15: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 8 + (3) = 23

"The staff is adorned with symbols of Nethys"

perception dc 15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

"There's some traces of green blood on the altar.. someone tried to clean it up, but they didn't get it all. Some kind of ritual sacrifice maybe?"

know religion dc 15: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 8 + (2) = 12

know rel/planes dc 20: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 8 + (1) = 25

"I think this altar is dedicated to the god Azathoth, a god of the outer planes, lord of chaos and creation."

Sovereign Court

NG Male Kitsune | Swashbuckler 1 | Init: +4 | Speed: 30’ | HP: 12 / 12 | Perception: -1, Low-Light Vision | Panache 2 / 2 | AC: 18, Touch: 14, FF: 14 | CMD: 16 | Sovereign Court | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: -1

Corwyn wanders around the cave, stopping to admire the beautifully crafted quarterstaff for a moment, then moves on to inspect the wooden dolls.
Perception Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
"If this is a vampire's cave it's sorta... dull. And what's with these dolls? Nicely made, I admit. But who collects dolls? The kid, maybe?"

Listening to Jack speak, Corwyn takes a look at the various bits of evidence pointed out by the wayang. "Huh. Hey, did that crazy-looking creature out there have green blood? Definitely a weird place, anyway. Not sure I really want to meet this kid, if this is his home."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Wizard/1| AC 13 [17] T 13 FF 10 | HP 6/8 |Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | Per +6 | Init +2 |HotA 6/6

"Dolls may be magic or something, let's see..." The wizard quickly casts detect magic and begins to scan the room, not just the dolls.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Ardain notes the blood as well. "No magic residue in the green blood. For what it's worth." Then he hones in on on the musket balls. These are magic. These three are seeking bullets, this on is a tracer. Outlines the target in fire, so it's easier to hit." Ardain shrugs. "Worth a lot to a gunslinger."

Scarab Sages

Male Tengu Zen Archer/ Feral Hunter lvl 2 HP:14/14Initiative:+6AC:17, T:17, FF:14, CMB:2, CMD:19, Fort: 4, Ref: 7. Will: 6, Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +8 Melee:Scimitar +2(1d6+2, 18-20x2), Ranged: MW Comp. Longbow+4(1d8+2, x3)

Ya, I agree this isn’t making much sense, very strange place? So what now?
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Kristoff looks around and attempts to find either blood traces or more footprints.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/3 | HP: 22/24 | AC/Tch/FF: 18/13/15 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Fort/Ref/Will +4/6/1 | Init: +3 | Speed 30 ft | Appraise +8, Craft (Alchemy) +13, Disable Device +7, Fly +8, Heal +4, Kn Arc +8, Kn Nat +8, Kn Planes +5, Perception +6, Sleight of Hand +9, Spellcraft +10, Use Magic Device +5 | Active Conditions: None

Yanda leaves her cart behind when the cave surface gets uneven (if it gets uneven), and watches as the others do their thing.

"Well, most of this stuff is plain trash or wierd. What would you expect from outer planes stuff, I guess. Never understood some peoples obsession with... I wonder if that creature was tainted by the dark tapestry! I mean, we just assumed it had to do with the mana waste effects, but dark tapestry causes similar bizarre results you know. Could someone be trying to merge the two in some scientific experiment? Now that does sound intriguing."

Sovereign Court

NG Male Kitsune | Swashbuckler 1 | Init: +4 | Speed: 30’ | HP: 12 / 12 | Perception: -1, Low-Light Vision | Panache 2 / 2 | AC: 18, Touch: 14, FF: 14 | CMD: 16 | Sovereign Court | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: -1

Corwyn glances at the ammunition pointed out by Ardain. He's never really used guns himself, but he's seen them used by the pirates he used to sail with. He even had more than a few of those weapons pointed at himself - not a good memory. He shudders, then looks at Yanda. "What is this 'dark tapestry', you mention? Never heard of it. Not that I've dealt much with magic, but I do like a good mystery."

Silver Crusade

AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +1 trait) hp 21 (2d10+4) Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

The paladin will claim the bow and arrows if not one else does and will detect evil as they approach the enterance.


Ardain doesn't find any more magic than has already been discovered.

Talondreal perceives a dim lingering aura of profane energy throughout the cave.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/3 | HP: 22/24 | AC/Tch/FF: 18/13/15 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Fort/Ref/Will +4/6/1 | Init: +3 | Speed 30 ft | Appraise +8, Craft (Alchemy) +13, Disable Device +7, Fly +8, Heal +4, Kn Arc +8, Kn Nat +8, Kn Planes +5, Perception +6, Sleight of Hand +9, Spellcraft +10, Use Magic Device +5 | Active Conditions: None

"Dark Tapestry? That's the stuff between us and the stars. Lots of really weird crap out there. You don't want to mess with it unless you are really nuts - or want to be. Hmmm. I wonder if I can use any of that residue to create a confusion bomb?"

Sovereign Court

NG Male Kitsune | Swashbuckler 1 | Init: +4 | Speed: 30’ | HP: 12 / 12 | Perception: -1, Low-Light Vision | Panache 2 / 2 | AC: 18, Touch: 14, FF: 14 | CMD: 16 | Sovereign Court | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: -1

"Oh!" Corwyn nods at Yanda's explanation. A pause, and then. "How do you mess with the stuff between us and the stars? Isn't it... really far away?" His tone is inquisitive but distracted as he looks over the various odds and ends in the cave.

In response to Kristoff, the swashbuckler finally shrugs. "Well, that creature out there must have lived here, right? Unless those footprints belongs to one of those dolls that got up and walked out then flew off somehow I don't see how we solve this little mystery. If the bullets are worth something, we should take those and this oil... Yanda mentioned it's magical so it's probably valuable as well. And maybe the staff? Looks nicely made, it might fetch some coin as well."

Unless anyone figures out something more, let's take the bullets, the staff and the Oil of Silence and continue on toward Mercy?


Corwyn Silvermane wrote:

Unless anyone figures out something more, let's take the bullets, the staff and the Oil of Silence and continue on toward Mercy?

Might want to not forget the parchments....

Dark Archive

HP 19/19; AC 16 13t 13f; f 2, r 6, w 3; bab 1, melee +2, ranged +5; cmb 0, cmd 13; init +3; inspir 5/5; wclw 48; folio reroll 1/1 | wayang investigator (empiricist)/2 | -22
skills:
acro 3, apprs 4, craft alch 9, diplo 8, disable 9, escape 3, kn hist 8, kn religion 8, kn engrg 8, kn local 8,kn nat 8, kn nob 8, kn planes 8, kn rel 8, ling 8, perc 9/10 traps, splcrft 8, stlh 8, sm 4, umd 9

Jack will collect a few other things... the parchments, a few of the dolls, the spell component pouch.. never know when something might be important.

Scarab Sages

Male Tengu Zen Archer/ Feral Hunter lvl 2 HP:14/14Initiative:+6AC:17, T:17, FF:14, CMB:2, CMD:19, Fort: 4, Ref: 7. Will: 6, Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +8 Melee:Scimitar +2(1d6+2, 18-20x2), Ranged: MW Comp. Longbow+4(1d8+2, x3)

So we done shopping? Kristoff chuckles So I don’t see anything else around I’ve got no more tracks or anything, so now what?

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/3 | HP: 22/24 | AC/Tch/FF: 18/13/15 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Fort/Ref/Will +4/6/1 | Init: +3 | Speed 30 ft | Appraise +8, Craft (Alchemy) +13, Disable Device +7, Fly +8, Heal +4, Kn Arc +8, Kn Nat +8, Kn Planes +5, Perception +6, Sleight of Hand +9, Spellcraft +10, Use Magic Device +5 | Active Conditions: None

"Not true, Kristoff! The child left tracks leading AWAY from the cave. I think it would be remiss of us not to follow them!"

Scarab Sages

Male Tengu Zen Archer/ Feral Hunter lvl 2 HP:14/14Initiative:+6AC:17, T:17, FF:14, CMB:2, CMD:19, Fort: 4, Ref: 7. Will: 6, Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +8 Melee:Scimitar +2(1d6+2, 18-20x2), Ranged: MW Comp. Longbow+4(1d8+2, x3)

I May be misinterpreting things I thought the tracks lead into the cave to an empty niche, I had my character look around for anywhere else the tracks could’ve gone and got nothing back, however my dialect wasn’t very precise so maybe that’s the issue lol


The tracks lead out of the cave. You followed them to their apparent point of origin: The empty niche.

Scarab Sages

Male Tengu Zen Archer/ Feral Hunter lvl 2 HP:14/14Initiative:+6AC:17, T:17, FF:14, CMB:2, CMD:19, Fort: 4, Ref: 7. Will: 6, Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +8 Melee:Scimitar +2(1d6+2, 18-20x2), Ranged: MW Comp. Longbow+4(1d8+2, x3)

Okay I misunderstood, I’ll use that survival roll then to follow the tracks as stated earlier then.

Silver Crusade

AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +1 trait) hp 21 (2d10+4) Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

There is some remnant of evil energy here. he remarks.

Sovereign Court

NG Male Kitsune | Swashbuckler 1 | Init: +4 | Speed: 30’ | HP: 12 / 12 | Perception: -1, Low-Light Vision | Panache 2 / 2 | AC: 18, Touch: 14, FF: 14 | CMD: 16 | Sovereign Court | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: -1

"I didn't think the tracks led anywhere, didn't they just... stop? Of course, I'm no tracker." Corwyn remarks.

Oops! I did accidentally skip those, didn't I? Nobody can Read Magic? I saw that check up there in the DM's post, but I don't have that one myself.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/3 | HP: 22/24 | AC/Tch/FF: 18/13/15 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Fort/Ref/Will +4/6/1 | Init: +3 | Speed 30 ft | Appraise +8, Craft (Alchemy) +13, Disable Device +7, Fly +8, Heal +4, Kn Arc +8, Kn Nat +8, Kn Planes +5, Perception +6, Sleight of Hand +9, Spellcraft +10, Use Magic Device +5 | Active Conditions: None

I don't believe any of us have read magic :)

Grand Lodge

Male Human Wizard/1| AC 13 [17] T 13 FF 10 | HP 6/8 |Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | Per +6 | Init +2 |HotA 6/6

After study, Ardain can read magic. He doesn't have the spell prepared at this time.

Ardain compares the size of one of the dolls feet to the tracks leaving the cave. He shrugs, magic is strange; its not impossible...

@ DM: Do the dolls feet match the child sized tracks?


Ardain Castlyn wrote:

[ooc]@ DM: Do the dolls feet match the child sized tracks?

Looks like it.

Grand Lodge

M Gnome Druid (feyspeaker/wild whisperer) HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 CMD: 10 | F: 5 R: 2 W: 3 | lowlight vision, Per + 10 (+13 in bright light) SM +7 init +2

Thornberry collects the dolls and...pokes them.

He detects magic on them two or three more times just to confirm that they are mundane.

I Just KNOW these dolls have to have been alive at some point. Maybe they were tools of the Wastes themselves? Or maybe....PURE. MAGIC. This little cache taken in total felt like someone's collection.

Like someone was operating here in secret. With the dolls? That didn't make any sense. Why not come themselves? Intriguing! A Genuine Mystery!

The tattooes making the gnomes skin darken and then animate as he tosses all of the possibilities around in his head.

I also did not prepare Read Magic today!

The little gnome does collect the scrolls, planning to prepare the proper spell to read them tomorrow.


Having fully plumbed the strange little cave of its wealth and secrets, you resume your trek to the mysterious town of Mercy.

The town of Mercy rests a mile south of the banks of the Ustradi River. You arrive an hour before sunset, passing through fields of cashew trees. A wooden palisade encircles a collection of its approximately one hundred wooden buildings. Hardy trees laden with red and yellow fruit dot the surrounding landscape. The road leads to a wide gate, which bears a prominent sign with orange-painted letters.

The sign reads, “Mercy does not allow dishonesty, firearms, or large weapons within town limits. Respect the curfew.”

As you approach, a formidably-built human, whose imposing frame and stern expression seem a bit at odds with his daisy-shaped straw hat and garish bright orange clothing, catches sight of you and opens the gate. He addresses you with a neutral but polite tone:

“Welcome to Mercy. I’m Sheriff Molume, and I keep the peace around here. As you can see from the sign, we don’t allow people to walk around with large weapons around here. Before I let you inside, I need to ask you to hand them over.”

"Journey sticks are fine," He clarifies after a moment's consideration. "Slings and darts are not."

You are presently being asked - which is not really the right word - to surrender all weapons with the exception of light melee weapons and quarterstaves. If you want to be naughty, you may attempt a DC 20 Sleight of Hand check to conceal a weapon.

Silver Crusade

AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +1 trait) hp 21 (2d10+4) Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

I don't see him being able to conceal his elven blade, lol

Dark Archive

HP 19/19; AC 16 13t 13f; f 2, r 6, w 3; bab 1, melee +2, ranged +5; cmb 0, cmd 13; init +3; inspir 5/5; wclw 48; folio reroll 1/1 | wayang investigator (empiricist)/2 | -22
skills:
acro 3, apprs 4, craft alch 9, diplo 8, disable 9, escape 3, kn hist 8, kn religion 8, kn engrg 8, kn local 8,kn nat 8, kn nob 8, kn planes 8, kn rel 8, ling 8, perc 9/10 traps, splcrft 8, stlh 8, sm 4, umd 9

Jack reluctantly hands over his crossbow... "I'd be obliged if you keep it safe until we depart." He keeps his dagger.

Scarab Sages

Male Tengu Zen Archer/ Feral Hunter lvl 2 HP:14/14Initiative:+6AC:17, T:17, FF:14, CMB:2, CMD:19, Fort: 4, Ref: 7. Will: 6, Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +8 Melee:Scimitar +2(1d6+2, 18-20x2), Ranged: MW Comp. Longbow+4(1d8+2, x3)

Well let’s see we were just attacked by a disfigured creature and a mangy hyena upon our arrival, it almost killed one of my companions, and we haven’t heard from our acquaintance Amenira in months, let me think about it... Kristoff says in a smart aleck tone.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/3 | HP: 22/24 | AC/Tch/FF: 18/13/15 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Fort/Ref/Will +4/6/1 | Init: +3 | Speed 30 ft | Appraise +8, Craft (Alchemy) +13, Disable Device +7, Fly +8, Heal +4, Kn Arc +8, Kn Nat +8, Kn Planes +5, Perception +6, Sleight of Hand +9, Spellcraft +10, Use Magic Device +5 | Active Conditions: None

Do the alchemists vials count? Can they pass as healing potions?


'Jack of Shadows' wrote:
Jack reluctantly hands over his crossbow... "I'd be obliged if you keep it safe until we depart." He keeps his dagger.

"You have my word," The sheriff says courteously as he takes it.

Firewarden Yanda wrote:
Do the alchemists vials count? Can they pass as healing potions?

They're fine; just don't juggle them in public or anything.

Kristoff Briarheart wrote:
Well let’s see we were just attacked by a disfigured creature and a mangy hyena upon our arrival, it almost killed one of my companions, and we haven’t heard from our acquaintance Amenira in months, let me think about it... Kristoff says in a smart aleck tone.

"Take your time, I've got all day," He replies in a similar tone. He glances toward the horizon. "After all, there's not much left of it."

He then does a double-take. "You know Amenira? Funny, I don't think she ever mentioned you." His expression shifts from stern to quizzical.

"She lives in the orange house on the west side of town. She’s been hanging around Mercy for about a year now. Every month, she goes into Alkenstar to send letters to her family. She’s not a proper one of us, but she’s nice enough, and follows the rules, so we don’t mind her sticking around. She makes good toys for the children - or at least, she used to. She’s been in Alkenstar a mighty long time. I would’ve thought she’d be back by now. Maybe she decided to go back to city life, but it’s awfully rude of her not to at least stop by and say goodbye first.”

Silver Crusade

AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +1 trait) hp 21 (2d10+4) Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

What do you recommend we do sheriff if we are in need of these weapons for defense while in your town? he asks.


The sheriff looks at Talondreal, arms folded. "I recommend you not do anything that would cause anybody here to feel the need to defend themselves from YOU. We're good folk here. We have nothing to prove. The same cannot be said of you." He cracks the tiniest of smirks. "Your companion mentioned an encounter with the Waste mutants...how are we to know you aren't mutants in disguise? Show some good faith."

Sovereign Court

NG Male Kitsune | Swashbuckler 1 | Init: +4 | Speed: 30’ | HP: 12 / 12 | Perception: -1, Low-Light Vision | Panache 2 / 2 | AC: 18, Touch: 14, FF: 14 | CMD: 16 | Sovereign Court | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: -1

Corwyn considers the mystery of the dolls and the tracks as they travel, and at one point he speculates aloud. "Could it be one of those... what did the venture-captain call them? Mana storms? They're magical, aren't they? Maybe the doll somehow came to life, and then got swept up by the storm? That could explain how the footprints just ended." It's obvious that the swashbuckler is imaginative if nothing else.

When they arrive at Mercy, he sighs theatrically and unbuckles the rapier and hands it over, along with the chakram. "Uh... you'll want to be really careful with this, sheriff. It's tricky to handle. Here, see? Sharp edge everywhere but here, where you grip it. Will give you a nasty cut if you aren't careful." Corwyn keeps the dagger sheathed openly at his side though, unless the sheriff objects to its presence.

When he mentions Amenira, the swashbuckler asks. "How long ago did she leave? If we ran into trouble on the road, maybe she did too. We just came from that direction ourselves obviously, and we never saw her."


Corwyn Silvermane wrote:
Corwyn considers the mystery of the dolls and the tracks as they travel, and at one point he speculates aloud. "Could it be one of those... what did the venture-captain call them? Mana storms? They're magical, aren't they? Maybe the doll somehow came to life, and then got swept up by the storm? That could explain how the footprints just ended." It's obvious that the swashbuckler is imaginative if nothing else.

You're getting too hung up on this. I never said they "just ended," at least not in a strange way. They probably petered out in harder terrain or something.

Corwyn Silvermane wrote:


When he mentions Amenira, the swashbuckler asks. "How long ago did she leave? If we ran into trouble on the road, maybe she did too. We just came from that direction ourselves obviously, and we never saw her."

The sheriff looks at Corwyn suspiciously. "Why do you want to know?"

Somebody give me a good answer and a Diplomacy check.

Silver Crusade

AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +1 trait) hp 21 (2d10+4) Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 diplomacy

We are concerend for her safety. he remarks

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/3 | HP: 22/24 | AC/Tch/FF: 18/13/15 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Fort/Ref/Will +4/6/1 | Init: +3 | Speed 30 ft | Appraise +8, Craft (Alchemy) +13, Disable Device +7, Fly +8, Heal +4, Kn Arc +8, Kn Nat +8, Kn Planes +5, Perception +6, Sleight of Hand +9, Spellcraft +10, Use Magic Device +5 | Active Conditions: None
I'm DMing In Your Closet wrote:
The sheriff looks at Corwyn suspiciously. "Why do you want to know?"

"Well, like Corwyn said, we were ambushed. Makes one rather curious about others when you could suffer the same fate. Aren't YOU a bit curious sheriff?"

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Grand Lodge

M Gnome Druid (feyspeaker/wild whisperer) HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 CMD: 10 | F: 5 R: 2 W: 3 | lowlight vision, Per + 10 (+13 in bright light) SM +7 init +2

Thornberrys good mood is dampered by the no lying policy of mercy. No lying probably means no pranks or fun or anything like that at all.

He does politely hand over his ornate sickle its mostly just for show anyway

He awaits the fruits of the others' inquiry

Scarab Sages

Male Tengu Zen Archer/ Feral Hunter lvl 2 HP:14/14Initiative:+6AC:17, T:17, FF:14, CMB:2, CMD:19, Fort: 4, Ref: 7. Will: 6, Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +8 Melee:Scimitar +2(1d6+2, 18-20x2), Ranged: MW Comp. Longbow+4(1d8+2, x3)

Kristoff awaits the response from the sheriff, wondering why he’s acting so strange when it comes to Amenira’s whereabouts. When the sheriff replies Kristoff will make a sense Motive check.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
If the team finds nothing strange with the reply, Kristoff will hand over his gear on 1 stipulation. This question comes after The Sheriffs response
Here is my bow and my sword, but if we have to leave in order to accomplish our tasks, can we retrieve them back from you?

Sovereign Court

NG Male Kitsune | Swashbuckler 1 | Init: +4 | Speed: 30’ | HP: 12 / 12 | Perception: -1, Low-Light Vision | Panache 2 / 2 | AC: 18, Touch: 14, FF: 14 | CMD: 16 | Sovereign Court | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: -1

Corwyn looks faintly startled. "Hey, it was you who said she went missing and you hoped she was OK! We came to your little town to find her and give her some assistance with her research. Now we find out she's missing? I think we need to focus on Amenira here, and if she's in trouble, how we can help."

Sovereign Court

NG Male Kitsune | Swashbuckler 1 | Init: +4 | Speed: 30’ | HP: 12 / 12 | Perception: -1, Low-Light Vision | Panache 2 / 2 | AC: 18, Touch: 14, FF: 14 | CMD: 16 | Sovereign Court | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: -1

Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Ugh! Library computer here won't let me edit my posts...

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/3 | HP: 22/24 | AC/Tch/FF: 18/13/15 | CMB +2; CMD 15 | Fort/Ref/Will +4/6/1 | Init: +3 | Speed 30 ft | Appraise +8, Craft (Alchemy) +13, Disable Device +7, Fly +8, Heal +4, Kn Arc +8, Kn Nat +8, Kn Planes +5, Perception +6, Sleight of Hand +9, Spellcraft +10, Use Magic Device +5 | Active Conditions: None

Well, at least with that pathetic roll nobody can accuse you of cheating!


Talondreal wrote:

1d20+7 diplomacy

We are concerend (sic) for her safety. he remarks

"Now that's more like it. No long stories or logic puzzles, just a show of heart. Alright. She's been gone for two months. Almost to the day, come to think of it."

Thornberry wrote:


He does politely hand over his ornate sickle its mostly just for show anyway

"I'll make sure it doesn't get scratched."

Kristoff Briarheart wrote:


Here is my bow and my sword, but if we have to leave in order to accomplish our tasks, can we retrieve them back from you?

Kristoff:
You get the sense that if rectitude were sunlight, looking directly at this man for too long might make your eyes fry like eggs.

The sheriff gives Kristoff a confused, slightly annoyed look. "When you leave? Of course. We don't want them."

Everyone else's weapons collected, he looks back at Talondreal. "That's quite a sword. Is it coming with me, or going with you back where you came from?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Wizard/1| AC 13 [17] T 13 FF 10 | HP 6/8 |Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | Per +6 | Init +2 |HotA 6/6

Ardain hands his sword over without comment.

101 to 150 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Twisted Closet All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.