Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Trolloc Wars Anthology

Game Master DEWN MOU'TAIN

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel will, and sometimes, the Wheel weaves out those that arise to greatness


201 to 250 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

In case the creature isn't slain by Meridian... Warrick will make funny faces and almost drop his sword in an effort to confuse the thing. :P

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 161d10 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Male Borderlander Woodsman 2/Wilder 4

Tandem lashes out at the creature in concert with the two warders with a quick arc of his blade.

AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Wow, I keep messing up my counting. I've been forgetting the +2 from my sword on both attack and damage. I think I'm accounting for everything now.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

with slashes coming from the three armed men, the strange creature falls to pieces before you, black blood falling upon the floor. A moment later the blood begins to etch the stone as if the blood itself is acidic.

Your eyes snap to your blades as you see the slightest amounts of blood begins to etch into your weapons.

your blades will take 1 pt of damage per round until the acid is wiped clean.


k blight: to determine what sort of shadowspawn these are, how they are organized (whether infiltration typically as we see here, or if there are likely entire brigades of these things) and whatever else may come to mind: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Best wipe that filth off he says, stating the obvious, and takes a second to wipe his own blade on a napkin even though the creature had dodged his strike. Better safe than sorry.


Davor, still shaking from dread goes after Natalya, avoiding the reach any shadowspawn in his path, his blade out, ready to defend himself.

Basically, he moves after Natalya as far as his movement allows, with avoiding stepping into any threatened squares.


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

even to power wrought blades? wow!

Meridian also wipes his blade using a napkin from one of the tables. Turning to Natalya, Meridian speaks quietly, We need to leave. Sooner would be better.


Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

"I understand Meridian but if we don't warn those coming afterwards they may walk into an ambush and any efforts or sacrifices we make here and now would be in vain. Unless someone rides back instead which would put all of us at far greater risk. A few moments spent to get a message out could safe hundreds or thousands of lives, isn't that the reason we all came out here?"


Male Borderlander Woodsman 2/Wilder 4

Tandem grabs the nearest cloth available that doesn't belong to him or his allies and wipes his blade. "For what it's worth, I agree with Natalya Sedai; getting a message sent should be a top priority. Though we also have to do something with the darkfriend," he says, with a clear note of contempt creeping into the last two words.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

everyone make perception checks, dc 25


Male Borderlander Woodsman 2/Wilder 4

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

DOH!


HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21


Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17.


Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Aww come on


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

aww..so close

so whats the plan? interrogate miere? send a messenger to Barsine? Fortify defenses? Just leave?


Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

So can we find the messenger coup? Or was that the perception roll


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

no, perception roll was for something else

bird coup is on the roof top. 3 flights up


Wow, we all missed it, didn't we. That can't be good. :)

The roost is likely to be at or near the top of the tower. If they have broken through, we could easily be cut off from escape up there. But I do agree, warning must get through to the army,by bird or by foot, no matter the cost. If that is our path, we should make haste before this place is surrounded. He looks to Niketsu and Natalya. What would you have us do with that woman?


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

We should also secure a way out while a message is being prepared and sent. Meridian walks over to the bound darkfriend. Where is the secret way out? Or have you already sold that secret to the shadow as well?


HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4

Niketsu approaches the woman and reinforces Miridian's questions. "Well? Is there such a passage? How many more shadowspawn are in his keep? Are more coming?"


Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

"Meridian and I can send the message while everyone else prepares our escape."


Davor, slowly calming down from the unnatural dread that shook him nods at Natalya's suggestion, feeling shame slowly replace fear.
I will go now, Natalya Sedai, the horses will be ready when you do come back
He takes of at a run towards the stables, rapier drawn and eyes watchful for anything hostile.
Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4

"Warrick and I will go. Your Angreal can't be lost. With it, you have a greater chance of delaying the enemy at the gap. That is the whole point of our being here."

Any answers from the darkfriend for my questions?


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

davor

Running up to the main doors, Davor unsheathes his rapier, opens the main doors, and hears the final peals of a bell, its rings hanging upon the air like the last notes of a song. In the courtyard, he sees several clumps of men standing around, swords, axes, fists wailing upon unknown bodies.
One of the bodies suddenly erupts in a gory violent explosion, filling the area around it with its purplish acidic blood. Men scream in pain and horror as the blood begins to eat into their flesh, forcing them to fall to their backs as they attempt to cool the burning flesh with the dusty courtyard soil.

Glancing past the carnage erupting, you see one of those mutants crawl off the roof, drop to the ground, and sneak inside the stable.

the darkfriend

Turning your attention upon the darkfriend, you come upon a shocking sight. At first what looks to be a red blob is in fact the bound fortress commander, her head gone, her life blood freely flowing from the opening, fountaining out from her body, and coating the hardened air with a tinge of red. Looking down at her feet, you see her face stiffened in shock, her eyes looking up and over your shoulder, towards something unseen.


HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4

Niketsu spins around looking in all directions for the source of the threat.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27


Sticking to the shadows, Davor makes his way to the stables, trying to avoid being seen by anyone.
Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

Natalya will turn around trying to follow Miere's gaze
perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

As she does so she will attempt Sense shadow spawn


Warrick growls under his breath, already swinging easily into a fighting stance as he quickly searches for Miere's apparent slayer.

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

If neither he or the others detect a visible threat, and if, after a moment, the Aes Sedai do not indicate they've detected a hidden 'presence' either, he will begin herding everyone to their respective tasks - his own presumably being to accompany Niketsu as they make their way to the pigeon roost.


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

Meridian will again stand in a more ready posture, Looking around for a threat, and wait for a signal from the Aes Sedai.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18.


Male Borderlander Woodsman 2/Wilder 4

When Tandem spots the beheaded corpse oozing blood over the Aes Sedai's weave he looks horror struck. "Blood and ashes! How did we not see that happen? Davor should not be alone right now, but I don't suppose I can leave until we find what did this." His eyes begin darting around the room as he tries to see everything at once.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Sorry I didn't post sooner. I intended to go with Davor, but looks like he'll have to hold his own for a bit.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

niketsu and warrick[/spoiler:
As you glance about, you eyes seem to fall upon a spot that is incredibly difficult to focus on. It seems that just as you focus upon the spot, your eyes slide slide off and focus just past the object. Concentrating as hard as you can, you look just past it, and realize that you gaze upon a man who has devoted his soul to the Dark One. He is but a pace away from striking down Tandem.


Ware!! Warrick roars as he surges forward towards Tandem, blade raised aggressively. For a moment, it appears as if he means to slice the man in two until you realize his attention focusing just beyond....

rolls:
charging the shadowspawn:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 161d10 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Initiative if needed:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Well, let's hope Niketsu is slightly more effective... haha


HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4

Harden Air: Reflex DC: 18
Level 3 Weave, using a level 2 slot due to affinity.

Niketsu reaches out with weaves of air, moving them to ensnare the gray man.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Warrick charges forward, deadly intent upon his face. For a brief moment, Tandem feels as if he is the target.
did they figure it out? my secret? is all Tandem can think of before reacting.
Warrick glides past Tandem, and savagely swings, his sword cutting into the arm that holds an evil sword, one made from corrupted flesh and metal on the slopes of Shayol Ghul.

Even before the arm can spurt blood, the figure is encased in solid air. Head to toe, the sheen of air distorts his image. A simple man, with a simple face, you look upon him and still want to look through him, and something behind.


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

Meridian looks at the man with complete disgust before turning his attention to the rest of the room, speaking over his shoulder to Natalya,

Do you sense anything else?

Looking carefully Meridian tries to examine the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30.


Warrick stands ready, watching for further signs of danger as he waits for the 'all clear' from the sisters. perception1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Several tense moments pass as everyone scrutinizes the hall around them, looking into the darkest corner, the shadiest table. Nothing. No shadowspawn detected.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

davor

Sneaking around the edge of the courtyard, you see a battle beginning to rage for control of the fortress. Mutant spawn are being pummeled upon, only to have one that is doing the pummeling change into a spawn himself.

Barely making it to the stable, you step inside, where the smell of horse manaure, piss, and the iron tang of blood assails your nose. The feeble light from a lantern hanging from the center of the stable casts long shadows. Horses nicker and neigh in a form of panic as they smell the blood, and something else.

Suddenly a high pitched screech echoes within the closed confines, feeling like nails being driven into your ears. a moment later it is done, and the horses have fallen silent, not moving, some not breathing for fear of discovery.
A dull thud drops to the ground on the opposite side of the stable. You stand still, wondering what could make that kind of thud. A hay bale? no. A bucket of oats? no. A bag of barley? no no
As if to answer your own internal questions, a click is heard. then another. then another.
You smell a stank. A horrendous yet pungent stench of death, of the mockery of life.
Stepping into the dim circle of light, first a white scaled foot, then another, slowly, the shadow creeps up until you spy upon the thing in front of you.

the mutant shadowspawn

Sovereign Court

Male Dwarf IT Engineer 1

By Illian thinks Davor, quickly looking for a place to hide from the horror.
Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
When he spots anything that could provide at least a marginally good hiding place, he will hide there and let it pass him by. After which he will do his best to nestle his blade in it's back if possible.


Damn! And i promised i wouldn't


Davor Bodean wrote:
Damn! And i promised i wouldn't

lol... Ack! Davor turned into a trolloc just like the others, he was one of them all along!!!


Warrick shakes himself and gives his Aes Sedai an urgent look. Addressing all gathered, "We've spent too long here. Niketsu Sedai and I will go and send the message to the army. Go and find Davor, Tandem. None should be wandering this place alone. We also need to know what happens outside this hall. Does the fortress yet hold? Do we throw our weight in the defense, or leave it to its fate in order that we return another day."

Niketsu:
The bond passes the feeling of sadness at that last thought, nearly overridden by cold anger and resolve


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

Meridian, sword at his side, glances at Natalya before moving to the main entrance from the courtyard and taking a position to one side where he can cut down anyone attempting to enter.


HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4

"Hopefully we will find out once we gain the roof. Sister, Meridian, get out of here. Find Davor. Warrick? Let's go."

Sword out, Niketsu moves to the injured grey man. 2d10 + 6 ⇒ (2, 9) + 6 = 17 Lifting her sword for a coup d'grace, she decapitates the imprisoned man with a two handed strike.

With that, she looks back for Warrick, and begins to hustle down the hall to the stairs.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

"Lead the way Meridian, I do not wish to leave anyone alone for longer than necessary." Natalya will move along behind Meridian keeping her senses alert and holding the One Power ready to crush any more shadow spawn that show themselves.

And me without my Bolter or chain-sword


Warrick nods once then strides beside Niketsu to the stairs. At the bottom, he takes the lead, taking the stairs first, ever vigilant.

Perception for on the way to the coup:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

Meridian leads the way outside, skirting the courtyard and heading towards the stables with his sword held ready.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Slowly making their way upstairs, warrick and niketsu make the summit. Warrick arrives first, and immediatly sensing something is wrong. The aviary should be well guarded, to prevent the enemy from capturing messages, yet no one stands guard here. Striding up, he tests the door, only to find it jammed shut from the outside. A low growl is heard on the other side.


Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

Do we see what Davor saw?

201 to 250 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Trolloc Wars Anthology All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.