Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Trolloc Wars Anthology

Game Master DEWN MOU'TAIN

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel will, and sometimes, the Wheel weaves out those that arise to greatness


101 to 150 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

tandem:
you already did the roll. you did a weavesight check, which allows you figure out what the gleeman was weaving. So since you just made the check DC, you have learned the weave


When it seems the attention of the room is elsewhere, and Maddy far away, Warrick relates in a hushed tone his knowledge of the type of spider, and what its blighted counterpart is known for in a voice meant only for the group. He also observes, For a military outpost about to be overrun by a horde of darkspawn, the mood seems rather jovial and unconcerned, wouldn't you say? His eyes meet Niketsu's.

Niketsu:
You sense a growing wariness, almost outright suspicion from the bond.


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

Meridian cannot seem to relax. Though the gleeman was undoubtedly skilled, something about the situation grates on him. He remains watchful and alert, though he tries to mask it behind the legendary Warder's mask.

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25.

Natalya:
You can feel through the bond that Meridian is very much on edge, and seems to be growing more so the longer the evening lasts. It is the same feeling he gets as when he is expecting to be attacked at any moment.


HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4
Warrick Gentara wrote:

When it seems the attention of the room is elsewhere, and Maddy far away, Warrick relates in a hushed tone his knowledge of the type of spider, and what its blighted counterpart is known for in a voice meant only for the group. He also observes, For a military outpost about to be overrun by a horde of darkspawn, the mood seems rather jovial and unconcerned, wouldn't you say? His eyes meet Niketsu's.

** spoiler omitted **

The mood does seem a bit light. We should make an effort to stay no longer than absolutely necessary.

Warrick:
Niketsu seems to be just as apprehensive as Warrick, and chills seem to be running up her spine.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Bowing to the hall, and a slight bow to you seated at the head table, Maddy takes the drink offered by Davor. Chuckling, Maddy says A gold piece huh? Drink the wine that isnt yours? I'd best be careful with you around. A man who gives freely what isn't his, has the lightest of fingers, the deftest of hands, and fastest feet to outrun whatever trouble his hands and fingers get him in


Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

Natalya will just quietly eat and wait for her companions to finish. Why does this whole situation have me on edge?


Davor laughs at Maddy's remark and lifts his glass in appreciation. Mostly from angered mothers, my friend. And sometimes from tavern owners whose bills i did not pay. Stealing things do not be my profession. I do be a humble entertainer like yourself.
He looks around the room with a smile, taking them all in and taking a large sip from his cup. He tries to catch the eyes of either Aes Sedai and thumbs his earlobe a few times, hoping that either of them can eavesdrop with the power.
He then lowers his voice and asks in a conspiring manner Shall we tell them a tale of the blight so frightening that they will no be able to fall asleep, and watch from the ramparts all night and all day for any enemy to come? It does be easier to do with two people. I do hear that spiders are quite big around the blightborder. And that people do dream a lot of those.

Does innuendo requires a skill check of some sort?


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

oh-hoh, an entertainer then huh? Like myself huh? Maddy says in a sarcastic condescending tone. If you were a true entertainer, you wouldnt need to run away from the tavern and not pay your bills. If you were a true entertainer, you would have gotten your drinks for free, your lodging, and some spending change for the tavern maids to keep you warm at night. Taking a big drink, Maddy continues
a tale of the blight huh? i thought i had done just that? But i guess not, in the eyes of one such as yourself.

Stepping up front again, his voice bellowing loudly, Maddy proclaims as he sweeps his arm back and practically drags Davor to the front.

Lads of the fortress, lend me your ears. This man claims to be an "enterainer", and wishes to tell you a tale that will be so frightening that itll make you piss your pants, quiver in fear, and man the walls for a fortnight looking for imagined evils of your minds making.

Laughter erupts at this proclamation, loud and hearty from the 40 soldiers in the hall.
make us piss our pants, did he say?
man the walls?
US?! QUIVER like a GIRL???

Maddy, his arm draped around Davor's shoulders, laughs too, the loud obnoxious laugh of one making fun of another. Holding his other hand out, he makes waves to quiet the laughter.
As the laughter subsides, Maddy says simply

Alright lad. Tell a tale.


Davor keeps smiling, a trifle too sweetly through the entire ordeal, nodding an then when the laughter subsides, he asks for his saddlebags to be brought to him and dons his gleeman's cloak. Takes a large sip of wine and begins a tale, his Illianer accent completely gone.
Cold winds blew from the blight, winds that wailed and chilled people to the bone. Strange thing were seen from the corners of eyes and in deep shadows. Terrible things, that nobody wished to speak of...
He then proceeds to spin a tale of horrors from the blight, sneaking into people's houses and carrying children away, of spiders that attacked people in their dreams and ate their souls while they slept, of nameless horrors that crept unseen, just to step in front of people and freeze the blood in their veins, and turn their knees into jelly from fear. He uses every ounce of his ability to perform to fascinate the soldiers, knowing that hardened borderlanders are difficult to scare. He tries so hard, that his voice begins to tremble from fear that he begins to feel, half imagining those things that he spoke of, and mostly knew little about. All the way while he tells the tale he is playing on his lute, trying to make the tale as dramatic as he could, using musical cues.
Perform(Oratory) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Perform(String Instruments) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Is that part of the tale enough or should i type out more?


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

that is what i was looking for. If you ever wish to embelish with a story, feel free to. this time period there isnt anything set in stone, so if you write up a story, then thats cannon for this campaign

Quiet descends upon the hall as Davor finishes his tale. Long moments stretch out as the men in the hall gaze at Davor, digesting what his story was about.
First one, then another, then the entire hall; the men pull out their daggers and bang the hilts upon the wooden tables, the dull thud vibrating everyone's heart.

Maddy steps up to Davor and whispers An honor they give you. The men, while they do not show emotion, they let you know that you touched them in their heart. The thumping on the table is the sound of the heart, and the vibration you feel is the heart strings being pulled by emotion.

Giving Davor a deeper bow than before, Maddy steps away.


Warrick wraps his dagger against the table along with the others and gives Davor a nod.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

ill give davor a chance to respond before moving on with the plot.

Taldor

Male Dwarf IT Engineer 1

Davor bows deeply to everyone flourishing his cloak. He gives them all a beaming smile and says Thank you. This is indeed a great honor. But then, it is also a great honor to perform in front of brave and valiant men like you. Thank you for that chance.


Sorry! Too late to change the character now...won't happen again i promise


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

ill hold you to that, davor.

The evening meal winds down with Maddy and Davor holding an impromptu gleeman challenge, dazzling the men with stories, songs, instrument solo's, and acrobatic challenges. The men hoot and holler for the one they like, begging the gleemen to great acts of daring.

perform strings davor1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
perform oratory davor1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
acrobatics davor1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

perform strings maddy1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
perform oratory maddy1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
acrobatics maddy1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

While davor wins both the strings and oratory competition, Maddy goes for broke and performs an incredible feat by doing 3 back flips, a no hands back flip with 180 twist and finishing with running up the wall 5 strides before kicking off and landing with a heavy thud onto a long table feet set wide, allowing him to remain standing.

Thunderous applause reverberates throughout the hall as the men crowd around Maddy.

After this competition, the men filter out of the hall, some heading to their bunks, some to the walls, and some to other places for free time activities.

Miere, after seeing to her men, approach you all at the table.
So, will you be staying here for the night?


We have not decided as yet how long our stay will be. Tell me, what news have you of the road beyond this tower? Should we expect trouble?

A silly question with an obvious answer, should she be aware of what is happening. But if not... Are the light spirits from good Northern bravado, or ignorance?


HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4

"I believe I'll be heading to bed now. Warrick." The Aes Sedai nods to her warder, and then heads for the guest quarters to settle down.

Once in her room, she casts Ward against Shadowspawn and ties it off.
Cast as a third level weave, duration of 5 days, 15 hours, radius of 40 ft.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Shifting her stance slightly, Miere answers in a cautious tone Well, the only thing beyond this is the gap, and then the blight. Not much news except death awaits those who journey through the gap.


Warrick gives Niketsu an answering nod then turns back to Miere. That is all? No reports of unusual Shadowspawn activity? Just business as usual?


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Warrick, everything about the shadowspawn is unusual. Why should now be any different? Miere says in a condescending tone.
Shadowspawn come, attack, die, and we survive. As you say, business as usual.

Standing up, she looks over at everyone else. Well, without further questions, i shall take my own advice and seek my bunk for the night.
with that, she turns, scoops up Maddy in the process, and heads through the same door that Niketsu entered a moment before.

niketsu:
As you turn the corner heading to the guest quarters, you hear a door close behind you. Pausing to look back, you see Miere and Maddy turn the other way, heads close together, talking. Just as you are about to turn away and walk to your room, you suddenly hear Miere exclaim NO! Not now! It is too soon! I need more time!
Barely heard, Maddy responds I'm sorry Miere. It is happening. Tonight. In less than 10 minutes, they will be here.
Sobbing into Maddy's chest, Miere moans loudly Oh Creator and Dark Lord, what have I done?!


Warrick scowls at Miere's back as the woman walks off and growls to the others. I dont like this. At the very least she should have had word of warning from Barsine by now, if not her own scouts. Be on your guard and stand ready. Something is wrong here. Without another word, he gets up, and stalks quickly towards the door, hoping to catch Niketsu before she reaches her room.


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

As Warrick turns away, Meridian says in a low tone, pitched to carry to his comanions and no others, My thoughts exactly. No one should be alone this evening.


Davor simply nods. I will be sleeping with my weapon drawn tonight


Male Borderlander Woodsman 2/Wilder 4

Tandem attempts to appreciate the competition but, despite Davor's impressive performance, is distracted by considering the other gleeman. After the performances he listens to the exchange between Warrick and Miere, and finally to Warrick and Meridian's comments, a contemplative look on his face the whole time. With a slight shake of his head, Tandem says "You lads are more right than you know."

He then turns to Davor and says "Davor, Meridian and Warrick both have sisters to watch over, but you and I ought to take Meridian's advice and watch each other's backs for tonight." Not actually waiting to hear Davor's reaction, Tandem stalks off in the same direction Maddy and Miere headed with a long stride that barely avoids appearing as if he is running after them.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

tandem and warrick:
You open up the door and stop short. You see Maddy and Meire locked in a lovers embrace, lips pressed tight, hands holding each other tight. After an awkward moment, Maddy looks up.
Want me to paint a picture for you?

those still inside the hall, give me perception checks, dc 20


HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4

Warrick:
You feel a sudden rising swell of emotion from Niketsu, concern, realization, and then a rising but tightly constrained panic. You feel her urgent desire to have you nearby, like a sensation of impending danger. She feels very nearby, perhaps just down another hall from the pair you are looking on.

Going deathly still, Niketsu embraces the source, filling herself with the warm light of Saidar. If there is no reaction from the pair of apparent darkfriends, she will wrap them in Arms of Air.


Tandem & DM:
Warrick snorts. "No need, Gleeman. It's a sight I've seen commonly enough." He says in a dry tone. "Though usually...." He cuts suddenly off mid-sentence, his body going taught as if ready to spring and his eyes glance down the hall, hawk-like. "Apologies. If you'll excuse me, there is something I must see to." He maneuvers past the two lovers even as he speaks and is already two steps past the pair by the time the sentence is finished. His steps echo down the hall as he hurries down the corridor, all but running.

Niketsu:
You feel Warrick's already taut nerves sharpen suddenly in answer to your call. Tense suspicion and doubts of the evening suddenly shoved to the side to be replaced by worry for you and a determination that could chew through rock. You sense, and then hear him coming closer...

(assuming the pair of darkfriends don't intervene before he gets there): He rounds the corner and, seeing you there, comes to a halt. As his hand rests on the hilt of his sword, his eyes sweep past you to the corridor behind, and then back the way he came before then searching your face. Seeing the look there, his sword rasps out of the scabbard. He asks no questions, but turns to face the same direction as you and nods. You know he is ready to follow your lead.


Davor stands for a moment, looking after Tandem, then starts walking after him, but is still in the hall when he sees Tandem stopping short. He cannot make out why he stopped, but closes in on his back enough to hear Maddy say cture for you?.
He turns around and surveys the hall once more.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

niketsu, arms of air? or Harden air? Arms of air allows you to move objects and people around. Harden air creates a hardened chunk of air that can trap a person.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

the hall:

natalya perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
meridian perception1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Davor, natalya, and meridian, as you glance about the hall, you pick up on an unsettling sight. Several soldiers stare at you, hatred in their eyes. Taking a closer look, you can see something wrong with their eyes. They are turning from white to black, like a wolf...or a Trolloc.

A slight sniffle escapes from Miere's nose, causing you to glance down at her. Her red eyes glance up at you showing that she was just crying.
Maddy, upon hearing Warrick's words, seems to relax slightly, and nods to Warrick.


Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

looking about the room at the sight slowly revealing itself to her Natalya will open herself up to the one power and use sense shadowspawn to verify whether this is just an illusion or worse real.


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

Natalya:
Meridian begins radiating a sense of grim determination, worry for you, and a sense of being proven right and not being happy about it. Then all his emotions fade as if being burned away.

Meridian watches the black eyes for a moment, then pulls the void around himself as he feeds all distractions to the flame.

Composure: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14.

Meridian stills, one hand dropping to his sword hilt as he rises to his feet and prepares to defend his Aes Sedai.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

definitely shadowspawn


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

Aren't warders able to sense shadowspawn when they are close also? Or is that just a plot device from the books and I am getting confused?


Male Borderlander Woodsman 2/Wilder 4

Tandem merely grunts in response to Maddy's sarcastic remark, but as he turns his eyes to Miere he says "I'm sorry if I've interrupted, but is there any chance I could speak to you in private, My Lady? It is a delicate matter."


Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

with her concerns definitely confirmed she will cast ward against shadow spawn as a second or third level (10 or 25ft radius) to keep the shadow spawn from surrounding us.


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

Sensing confirmation through the link to Natalya, Meridian's blade hisses out of its scabbard and he moves between her and the enemy.

Sword Forms: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24.

As he moves, his blade seems to float effortlessly in front of him like a Leaf on the Breeze. Total defense action + Leaf on the Breeze form = +7 to AC.


HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4
RIZZENMAGNUS wrote:
niketsu, arms of air? or Harden air? Arms of air allows you to move objects and people around. Harden air creates a hardened chunk of air that can trap a person.

Harden Air, sorry. Yes, I'd like to trap them in place. As they were described as embraced, I'm assuming I can use a level 2 weave to freeze a 5 ft square, otherwise I'll use a level 3 weave to make sure I get them both. Reflex save DC 17 for a level 2 weave, DC 18 if level 3.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

use the level 3
manny1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
miere1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

the hallway:
niketsu, tandem, davor and warrick
As Miere turns to direct her answer towards Tandem, the air around her and Maddy both seem to ripple and congeal around them. Both Miere and Maddy attempt to move away from the phenomenon, but only Maddy is able to step away from the rapidly hardening air.
Blood and ashes, you foul wench of an aes sedai. You dare to attack me?! Maddy cries out in anger.

davor, give me a perception check

the hall

The 4 soldiers stand up, and un-sheath their blades. the ring of steel sings inside the hall.
in a voice that sounds like it is from the grave and beyond, one of them speaks
You shall die, manling! Your soul shall be offered to the Great Lord for appeasement. Your woman shall be our plaything, until we tire with her. Then, we will feast upon her flesh.

everyone, roll for initiative

maddy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
miere 1d20 ⇒ 10
soldiers 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9.


Male Borderlander Woodsman 2/Wilder 4

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


What are the dimensions involved. More specifically, what is the distance between Warrick and Maddy and Warrick and the hall ?


Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

map of the hall


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

map of the hall


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

ill roll for davor, just to get him in line

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
of course he would get that...

initiative list
davor 26
warrick 24
tandem 19
maddy 17
spawn soldiers 11
miere 10
meridian 9
natalya 8


Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

which N am i?


should be the N in the big room next to the red M, I believe

101 to 150 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Trolloc Wars Anthology All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.