Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Tomb of Abysthor

Game Master Ierox

Hexcrawling Map
Interactive Battle Map


301 to 332 of 332 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

female Aasimar
Spoiler:
HP 20/20 Ini+2 Sp30" Ac 17 T12 FF15 F5 R2 W 8 Per+11
Cleric (Herald Caller) 2

Looking at Gren Lorien shrugs. "Well, if you can use the sword, I could take the mace. The Chainmail, well maybe Arianna can use it.
And yes we have to give it back when we leave!"


Male Human Investigator(2) l HP 17/17 l AC15, T13, FF12 l F +1 R +6 W +3 Ini +3 l Spd 30 l CMB +2, CMD 15

"I don't believe the sword is quite my size if you catch my meaning. I think I would prefer to stick with my rapier. Perhaps Arianna or Kesh would like it. As for the mace, of course you may have it. I had thought it may work for me in case we run across more skeletons..." With this Gren gives his best self depracating smile..."Might be a bit more effective than my rapier, eh? Anyway..."

Gren will fish the mace out of his pack and offer it to Lorien.

"Now that you've opened the North Wall, according to my notes, the note for the west wall was 'Call upon the power of our goddess to make your weapon as hers and speak the name of the virtue that is her sword' and that virtue should be 'Truth'."


And so you set out, Arianna and Keshokkar coorporating to follow the trail on this side of the river.

The tracks lead north-west, apparently heading for the treeline visible in the distance.

The open plains allow for a deceptively long view - the grasslands of the valley seem flat as a board when standing on them, but there's still enough shrubs and tallgrass to conceal things from view.

Which is probably how you didn't spot them until they were roughly five hundred feet in front of you. As make your way around a field of tallgrass, you see three men clad in black, walking in the opposite direction, directly towards you. It's difficult to tell detail with the distance, but they seem quite at ease in this environment, walking with the surity of people completely at home.

They pause as they spot you, unsure what to do. You're not quite within comfortable shouting distance yet.


female Aasimar
Spoiler:
HP 20/20 Ini+2 Sp30" Ac 17 T12 FF15 F5 R2 W 8 Per+11
Cleric (Herald Caller) 2

Looking at the man in black Lorien simply smiles.
It does make a nice contrast to her pure white garb.


Female Ifrit Bard (Flame Dancer, Juggler) 1 / Rogue (Makeshift Scrapper) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 15 | F+1, R+8, W+1 | Init +8 | Perc +3

"Looks like some natives of these parts. I didn't even think anyone was here." Zatinya waves into the distance, attempting to be friendly.


They waive back, but also fish out crossbows.

They walk closer, to within shouting distance (about a hundred feet), before calling out to you.

"Hail! Are you friends or enemies?"


RAGING:
hp2/24 l AC15, T11, FF12 l F +7, R +3, W +4 Ini +5 l Atk +8 (1d10+7) CMB +7 CMD18
Wyvaran Bloodrager2 l hp-2/20 l AC17, T13, FF14 l F +5 R +3 W +2 Ini +5 l Spd40 [Fly40] l CMB +5, CMD18 l Rage 3/5

"I don't like this. Kesh mutters, gripping his glaive tightly. "Are there any villages around here? Who would be so calm around here? Be ready for a fight to break out."

Kesh's foot grinds into the dirt, legs tensed to spring. Ready Action to take off into the air if things get violent, or it they attempt to flee.


Female Aasimar (Idyllkin) Ranger 2 HP: 23/23 | AC: 16/13/13 | Resistances: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | F +5, R +6, W +3 | Per:+8, Init: +3 | Arrows: 18

When they spot the strangers, Arianna dons her cloak and covers her hair, ears, and tail. She'd gotten enough funny looks to know that it was better to not stand out. When the crossbows come out, she feels herself tensing. She didn't want to fight, she only wanted to find her sister then go as far away from this vile place as she could.

It didn't look like what she wanted was going to matter much, so she does her best to make sure she's ready with her bow if needed while the others talked.


Kineticist 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 17 / T: 12 / FF: 15 / DR: 1/Ada | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | R. Atk: +5 (1d6+5) | CMB: +3, CMD: 5 | Init: +4, Perception: +9

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

"Well, let me put it this way... if people aren't giving us trouble, we won't have to return the favor." Rhiannon said. Bandits usually preferred to outnumber their foes - given the prominence of weapons among their group, casual thugs were likely to steer clear. That usually left particularly confident folks... and those who weren't actually trouble in the first place. Stone pushed up from the ground next to her and she casually leaned against it, looking at the others. Little displays of magic tended to make people wary, too... you never knew what a caster was capable of. (Admittedly, her kinesis wasn't quite 'magic' as most knew it... but then, most people couldn't tell the difference anyway.)


Female Ifrit Bard (Flame Dancer, Juggler) 1 / Rogue (Makeshift Scrapper) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 15 | F+1, R+8, W+1 | Init +8 | Perc +3

Zatinya peers at the folk suspiciously as they draw weapons. Zatinya is in search of any sign that these folks were waylayers or evildoers of some sort.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Apparently seeing nothing, Zatinya begins to advance slightly ahead of her group, arms open with nothing in them. "We are friends! Simple explorers of these lands. Perhaps we can share stories of our experiences on this here road?" She really hopes these folk believe her.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

That is some crap rolls.


RAGING:
hp2/24 l AC15, T11, FF12 l F +7, R +3, W +4 Ini +5 l Atk +8 (1d10+7) CMB +7 CMD18
Wyvaran Bloodrager2 l hp-2/20 l AC17, T13, FF14 l F +5 R +3 W +2 Ini +5 l Spd40 [Fly40] l CMB +5, CMD18 l Rage 3/5

Well if they're not friendlies good to get the lousy rolls out of the way.


Zatinya and Rhiannon both can tell that they're wearing armor and weaponry under their robes. Interestingly, they don't seem to carry much in the way of packs, as you'd expect from travelers. In addition to their crossbows, each of them has a shield, and a steel hafted weapon hooked in their belts.

"Explorers eh? Can't have that."

They raise their crossbows as if to fire at you.

Minions Init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Leader Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Arianna Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Gren Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Keshokkar Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Lorien Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Rhiannon Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Zatinya Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Here's the combat map.

Initiative order:
1:Arianna, Gren, Keshokkar, Rhiannon and Zatinya
2:Enemies
3:Lorien


RAGING:
hp2/24 l AC15, T11, FF12 l F +7, R +3, W +4 Ini +5 l Atk +8 (1d10+7) CMB +7 CMD18
Wyvaran Bloodrager2 l hp-2/20 l AC17, T13, FF14 l F +5 R +3 W +2 Ini +5 l Spd40 [Fly40] l CMB +5, CMD18 l Rage 3/5

"I KNEW IT!" Keshokkar springs into the air, his wings beating powerfully to gain altitude before carrying him forward. He eyes their crossbows warily, setting himself up for a charge but waiting to see how these strangers reacted.

Lose +2 squares of movement to go up 2 squares then another over during Double Move. Should now be in the 3rd "square" up so I can hit them with glaive but not be hit by non-reach weapons (except for crossbows). Pretty much a straight shot so I don't need a Fly check yet.


Male Human Investigator(2) l HP 17/17 l AC15, T13, FF12 l F +1 R +6 W +3 Ini +3 l Spd 30 l CMB +2, CMD 15

"Slow down Kesh!"

Gren stalks up toward the crossbowmen, trying to keep as low of a profile as possible and drawing his rapier as he goes.

He then yells to the men, "Is this really necessary? Just because our 'Circus Act' tells you we are explorers you have to go and draw on us? How do you know that we aren't friends?"

He then turns back to the Ifrit and whispers, "No offense, Zatinya"


Move
Standard: Total Defense - +4AC


Female Aasimar (Idyllkin) Ranger 2 HP: 23/23 | AC: 16/13/13 | Resistances: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | F +5, R +6, W +3 | Per:+8, Init: +3 | Arrows: 18

Arianna moves to the side a bit and a little closer to the men and readies her bow. She plants her feet as she takes aim and after a moment, one of her arrows flies from her bow aiming at the man closest to the road.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Kineticist 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 17 / T: 12 / FF: 15 / DR: 1/Ada | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | R. Atk: +5 (1d6+5) | CMB: +3, CMD: 5 | Init: +4, Perception: +9

Earth erupted upwards around Rhiannon as she gathered power - and seconds later, a boulder shot through the air and crossed the distance between her and the targets, aimed towards the southeast one. Well, if they were stupid enough to do this, she'd be happy to oblige them...

Move Action: Gather Power. Reduces the Burn cost of Extended Range by 1 (to a total of 0). Said Infusion lets her attack much further away than normal.
Kinetic Blast w/ Extended Range: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 for Bludgeoning Damage?: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female Ifrit Bard (Flame Dancer, Juggler) 1 / Rogue (Makeshift Scrapper) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 15 | F+1, R+8, W+1 | Init +8 | Perc +3

"You've made a terrible mistake, people!" Zatinya starts to move towards the enemy, grabbing a couple of torches in the process. Strangely, she's seen doing tumbles as she advances, which seems to inspire everyone to greater combat prowess.

Inspire Courage and move forward. If possible, I'd like to have this happen before everyone else acts as Zatinya has the highest initiative.


Female Ifrit Bard (Flame Dancer, Juggler) 1 / Rogue (Makeshift Scrapper) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 15 | F+1, R+8, W+1 | Init +8 | Perc +3

Actually, Zatinya just draws one torch. She needs a hand free to Deflect Arrows if attacked.


Meh, okay sure. Added the bonus to Rhiannon and Arianna's attacks.

Round 1

Rhiannon's boulder impacts heavily against the man's robes and armor, and the air is clearly blown out of him.

All three men open fire on the flying Keshokkar, before dropping their crossbows and moving closer, drawing shields and weapons - two of them have heavy maces, while the leader - or at least the one in the finest armor - hafts a morningstar.

Crossbow 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Crossbow 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Crossbow L: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22, 1d10 ⇒ 10

Lorien, your turn!


female Aasimar
Spoiler:
HP 20/20 Ini+2 Sp30" Ac 17 T12 FF15 F5 R2 W 8 Per+11
Cleric (Herald Caller) 2

Changing her last spell to summon monster 1 Lorien starts an incantation.


Kineticist 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 17 / T: 12 / FF: 15 / DR: 1/Ada | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | R. Atk: +5 (1d6+5) | CMB: +3, CMD: 5 | Init: +4, Perception: +9

And after Lorien... 'tis the rest of us, yes?

As the other group approached, Rhiannon changed targets. "Down in front." she noted. The others could probably take down the one she'd weakened, so this time she pointed at the other minion and launched a boulder at him instead. That... looked like a good shot. She had no problem killing them if she really had to - they had, after all, drawn weapons and attacked her group first - but maybe the prospect of boulders continuing to rain down on their heads would encourage them to see the error of their ways.

Same as before - Gather Power as a Move Action, giving her the Extended Range for her blast. I KNEW that would come in handy... XD Also, there aren't very many choices at these levels, so yeah.
Kinetic Blast: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 for Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 for Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


RAGING:
hp2/24 l AC15, T11, FF12 l F +7, R +3, W +4 Ini +5 l Atk +8 (1d10+7) CMB +7 CMD18
Wyvaran Bloodrager2 l hp-2/20 l AC17, T13, FF14 l F +5 R +3 W +2 Ini +5 l Spd40 [Fly40] l CMB +5, CMD18 l Rage 3/5

Round 2

Kesh twists in mid-air, avoiding the first two bolts--but the third catches him in the thigh and buries deep. Grimacing in pain, the wyvaran lets loose with a wordless scream of rage...and his scales begin to glow like hot metal even as his eyes darken into black pits filled with golden flames.

Wings beating, Keshokkar hurls himself through the air past the nearest of the black-clad foes, his glaive flashing with lethal intent.
Free Action to Rage, then Flyby Attack

+8 attack +1 elevation +1 Zatinya
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 Glaive: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Yeah, it's your turn, everyone except Lorien. Just for clarity,
I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that Rhiannon is attacking the one marked '1', yes?

The boulder impacts heavily, sending the man tumbling backwards with his robe billowing about him. He's still standing, if barely.

Keshokkar's foe manages to bring up his shield, an awkward angle at the last minute.


Male Human Investigator(2) l HP 17/17 l AC15, T13, FF12 l F +1 R +6 W +3 Ini +3 l Spd 30 l CMB +2, CMD 15

Gren continues his cautious approach, not wanting to draw too much attention too quickly. As he jogs, he grabs a slim vial from his pouch, popping the cork off with his thumb as he brings it to his mouth swallows it in one swig. He immediately grimaces and lets out an involuntary "Aug" followed by a coughing fit. By the time he puts the vial back in his pouch, his arms are already supernaturally (and disturbingly) long.


Move
Standard: Long Arm - Duration 1 min.


Female Aasimar (Idyllkin) Ranger 2 HP: 23/23 | AC: 16/13/13 | Resistances: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | F +5, R +6, W +3 | Per:+8, Init: +3 | Arrows: 18

Arianna moves closer to the bandits, crossing the path as she nocks another arrow. She takes aim and sends an arrow streaking for the closest bandit.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Female Ifrit Bard (Flame Dancer, Juggler) 1 / Rogue (Makeshift Scrapper) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 15 | F+1, R+8, W+1 | Init +8 | Perc +3

Zatinya hurries forward to get closer. Double move to get closer. Can someone move me accordingly?

-Posted with Wayfinder


"You! Spread out! And deal with the mage - I take the flier." The leader points vaguely at Rhiannon where she's been hurling boulders from the back line.

Both his minions start chanting. One manifests a shimmering mantle that settles over his upper arms. The other creates no visual effect, but Rhiannon feels heavy weights settle over her body, rendering her temporarily unable to move.

Will save DC 14 against Hold Person, from '1'.

The one with the shimmering mantle closes in with Zatinya, his mace out and at the ready.

Meanwhile the leader, still bleeding from the wound the dragonman gave him, gets as close to the flying Keshokkar as he can, and with a flourish of some sort of symbol, creates a semisphere of dark energy spreading from him. It kills the grass as it spreads, and eventually reaches both the wyvarran, Zatinya and his minion. Where the energy would hit his servant, it seems to just disappear into thin air.

Channel damage to Keshokkar and Zatinya, Willpower DC 15 for half: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2) = 12

Lorien is up (her monster arrives now, I believe) then the rest of you.


Kineticist 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 17 / T: 12 / FF: 15 / DR: 1/Ada | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | R. Atk: +5 (1d6+5) | CMB: +3, CMD: 5 | Init: +4, Perception: +9

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

She'd tried to be prepared, but the spell managed to pin her in place for the moment, unable to even speak. On the bright side, the foes weren't too close, but... yeah, she did want to try and break out of this as fast as she could.

Aah, weak will saves. How we hate thee. XD Well, at least I weakened the minions for you.


Female Aasimar (Idyllkin) Ranger 2 HP: 23/23 | AC: 16/13/13 | Resistances: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | F +5, R +6, W +3 | Per:+8, Init: +3 | Arrows: 18

Arianna drops her bow in the grass and draws her sword. She undoes the clasp of her cloak, hoping to keep it from restricting her movements, as she charges. As the cloak falls from her shoulders, her silver hair and the silver fur of her tail shimmer in the sunlight. Her ears are flat against her skull as she tries to put the man down with a two-handed swing.

Attack Longsword vs 1 (Charge): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15
Damage (2 hands): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
AC 14/11/11 this round


Also +1 for Zatinya's inspire courage.

The tip of Arianna's sword finds a gap in the chainmail, and the man drops to the ground, bleeding out on his robes.


Female Aasimar (Idyllkin) Ranger 2 HP: 23/23 | AC: 16/13/13 | Resistances: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | F +5, R +6, W +3 | Per:+8, Init: +3 | Arrows: 18

Oops, I had forgotten about that.

As the man falls, her eyes find the leader of this trio.

"You're next," she growls, her lips curling in a snarl to show her teeth.


RAGING:
hp2/24 l AC15, T11, FF12 l F +7, R +3, W +4 Ini +5 l Atk +8 (1d10+7) CMB +7 CMD18
Wyvaran Bloodrager2 l hp-2/20 l AC17, T13, FF14 l F +5 R +3 W +2 Ini +5 l Spd40 [Fly40] l CMB +5, CMD18 l Rage 3/5

I think Lorien still needs to go, but after that resolves here's Kesh's next action.

Round 3
Will vs Channel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
As the dark energy pulses through him Keshokkar writhes in pain, only barely remaining airborne as his vision swims. Fighting through the agony, the berserker gives the black-clad priest a fierce grin. "You wanted the flier? Well here he is!" As his glaive bites deep the wyvaran's wings propel him passed the man and back towards his allies, hoping that someone might be able to heal him.

Slash!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 Glaive: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Descend to the ground at the end of Kesh's movement, takes no extra squares.

301 to 332 of 332 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Tomb of Abysthor [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.