Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Storm in Isger: The Devil's Hole

Game Master Sigil


151 to 200 of 483 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Elinor is defiantly using maths.


Time that we are moving on.

Let us report to the Devil's Hole!


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Harlynn will slow the group slightly at his slow pace and not being used to the physical exertion. This is only alleviated by his complaints of his feet hurting.

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn pushes the group to leave the camp and move onward to the hole. What is this all about he wonders again. What twists of fate have brought him to this place, with these people? Snarling at Harlynn's latest complaint, Bryndyn stops and apologizes.

I am sorry Harlynn. I am thinking of events past and I should be focused on dangers ahead. Find a bayberry leaf, break it up and rub it on your feat. It should numb the sores enough to help you to soldier on.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Again, Narnel, will reange out in front and to the flanks of the party slightly, with bow drawn.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Andoran

And so the group pushes on. Bryndyn's ability in the wild is not hardly needed to see that the direction he leads you in seems to be similar to where the abandoned wagon came from. Pushing forward you come to a strange sight! Trees shrouded in whisps of... web??? The early spring air pushes through the area, and tendrils hang off the trees. In some places it seems that the trees are actually threaded together.

You are so caught in this sight that the second thing you note is the upjut of rocks. At its highest point it is perhaps waist high on a human, and with its spooky name you can readily believe that indeed, some devil or creature from the underworld used this as its egress to the world above.

There are trees around the hole, and these trees are older, having clearly escaped the burning of the Chitterwood.

Perception DC 15:
You double check your sight several times. In the trees moving very slowly toward you, is a monstrosity. A spider as large as Sven approaches you soundlessly, through the tree tops!

Andoran

So close Narnel!

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

I'm assuming I shouldn't read the hidden stuff unless I get the 15 check...which also means I think you are calling for us to make a perception check??

Perception check :1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Oy Vey!

Andoran

Correct on both counts, Bryndyn.

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn call the group to a halt before coming close to the webbed trees or hole in the ground. His ridgeline is stiff and his eyes twinkle with a moist reflection that gives the reptillian man an odd visage. He blinks and you catch site of his second eyelid as it crosses over his eye vertically underneath the more normal horizontal eyelid.

'This place is older than what is known. My peoples - those of my race, not my kin, believe it to be holy. At your peril and everyone elses do you take what should not be taken. The earth itself remembers what is done there and we must not anger it or the spirits within'

He nods, hoping everyone understands him and waits for the group to begin their approach.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Perception check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

I only rolled a 12...

"Well, unless Harlynn needs a bit of a sit doon before we gan on..."

Is it a 'use both hands' climb or is its walkable? Elinor uses the appropriate form of locomotion (sword and shield out/readied if possible) to lead the way to the top.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel will circle to the flank of Elinor, 15 feet to her left, peering again into the gloom.

Is a climb check necessary?

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn is not an explorer of holes, and truthfully, is apprehensive about it. Is it the webs? Is it the unknown history? Can it be the thought of being covered by tons of rock...

He waits for Harlynn and Larayn to folow Elinor and Narnel and takes up a position at the rear. Pulling out a rope, he coils it around his shoulder and tucks one end of the loops into his belt, ready in case they need it.

Andoran

The preperations will have to wait. Emerging from the gossamer tangle comes a spider fully the size of Sven! He nearly free falls at Narnel, and attempts to bite the elf. Desna smiles on Narnel though and the deadly spider does not connect.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Spider Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Please feel free to take your turn if you beat the spiders initiative. As always, posting out of turn with if/or statements is helpful.

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

assuming the others attack it...and it is still alive

Bryndyn sees a few of his group mates attack the spider, but it is huge and viscious, able to withstand their attacks. He squares off and steps right up to it's viscious claws and swings at the same time the spider lunges for him.

Heavy Mace 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11.
If he hits

Spoiler:
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Initiative = 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

"Don't move Narnel! There's a spider on you! Yaaaaghhhhh!!!!"

I'm assuming the terrain is not chargeable, if it is I'll charge.

Move to the nearest point and thwack with sword.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Geesh Elinor...these 'dice' love you...and they hate me


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Round 1, AC: 17, HP: 9/9

Narnel jumps back five feet and fires from point blank range into the spider.

Longbow ATT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Longbow DAM: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Shadow Lodge

Male

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Harlynn withdraws 5' and summons forth that glob of acid again
Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Damage 1d3 ⇒ 1


Following Elinor and Narnel's lead, Larayn moves to attack the beast.
Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Andoran

Narnel reacts quickly to the giant vermin and only misses the creature by a hair. Elinor sees her opening and with a chopping motion severely injures the spider. Harlynns arcane acid misses its mark, as does Larayn's sword chop and Bryndyn's mace.

The creature falters for a moment and then you see the trees rustle, and at least 2 more of the obscene brutes come to see what meal has been provided them. This gives the wounded one courage to attack Narnel again. do these things prefer the taste of elf? The elf is less lucky this time and his only hope to keep the bad from becoming worse is to hope that his health holds against the venom.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 201d6 ⇒ 3

Narnel needs to make a fortitude save and takes 3 points of damage, and then it is his turn to act. Followed by Elinor, Harlynn, Larayn and Bryndyn.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Round 2, AC: 17, HP: 6/9

Fort Save: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Narnel again jumps back five feet and fires from point blank range into the spider.

Longbow ATT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Longbow DAM: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

I'm working on the assumption that even with a loss of strength (I think) for the venom Narnel should hit and kill it with those dice.

"Ganglewaefre's. Phtuu. Come on then you boggarts, see you you like the taste of Ulfen steel! Gahh! Yahhh!!"

Elinor spits in disgust then steps towards the creatures, separating herself from her companions and making as much noise as possible, trying to attract the attention of the beasts and ready for them to pounce on her.

The hope is that they'll descend upon me in preference to the lighter armed folk.

Move 20' towards the new spiders (moving the whole 20' around them if they're closer than that to increase the distance between me and the rest of the characters). If that places me adjacent I'll make an attack (fighting defensively), if not I'll ready an action to (defensively) strike the first one that comes within arm's reach.

Now, let's see if the dice continue to demonstrate that they prefer blondes.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 4 = 101d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

AC21


The GM is telling me to just go, so I will :P

Larayn moves towards Narnel to help treat the spider bite, by the Goddesses mercy, Serenrae hear your servant and look upon her friends with love

Heal check
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Andoran

Narnels arrow flies straight into the head of the spider that just bit him and he drops the disgusting creature, but there is no time for joy, he can feel a tingle in his arms, and though he hopes it is his imagination, he suddenly does not feel quite as strong.

1d2 ⇒ 2 Narnel takes 2 points of strength damage.

Elinor sees the peril and tries to draw the creatures off toward her. Harlynn moves to back her up and lobs more of acid from his mystical source at the spider closest and singes it.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d3 ⇒ 1

Larayn sees the wound on Narnel, and her instinct is to help, and help she does. The poison has started to spread, but her ministrations, namely applying pressure to stop the flow hopefully will help.

Bryndyn does not hesitate, and races forward to aid Elinor but his poor luck holds.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The spiders move in close and Elinor fails to to hit again. The first spider attacks Elinor, and the second Bryndyn (this is the one that Bryndyn wounded). Elinor is unharmed, but Bryndyn (could luck be worse?) is bitten.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d6 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d6 ⇒ 2

Top of the order, Narnel, Elinor, Harlynn, Larayn and Bryndyn, and fortitude saves for Narnel and Bryndyn. Narnel is at a +4 thanks to Larayn.


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Continuing to try to attract as much spider as possible with cries and movement Elinor 5' steps to the 'most advantageous position' and swings again at the spider.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

If I can get flanking on one of the spiders I will, even at the cost of being flanked between them (which would give me another +2).

AC19


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Round 3, AC: 17, HP: 6/9, 2 Strength DAM (Poisoned)

Narnel, feeling his strength ebb, again jumps back five feet further from the fray and fires from point blank range into a different spider, knowing that he relies upon his reflexes for firing his deadly arrows.

Longbow ATT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Longbow DAM: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Crit DAM, if Confirmed: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Harlynn will once again conjur forth a globule of acid. Wanting to do more but limited to the amount of arcane magic his body can handle per day.

Acid Splash(ranged touch)1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Damage1d3 ⇒ 1


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Woo woo Narnel!!! But, you owe yourself another d8+1 as a longbow does *3. Spider Kebab! Except...you are probably firing into a melee for -4. :-(. I should just shut up really. And you need a new saving throw.


Moving back into the fray Larayn goes for the beast.

Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Must have stumbled around :P
Damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Are all spiders in combat. I did not think so. If so, Sigil, please take that into account for Crit confirm.

Fort Save: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Extra DAM: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Andoran

Sadly Narnel, Elinor is right, there is a -4 when shooting into combat. All spiders are thus engaged.

Larayn's ministrations to Narnel's spider bite makes all the difference. And he uses the aid to dangerous advantage, striking another spider in the head, but somehow the arrow avoids anything critical. Elinor seizes the opportunity and grievously wounds the spider, all the while looking for an advantage in footing or position.

Harlynn and Larayn are unable to keep the momentum and both do not connect with the spider.

Bryndyn, it is your turn and then the spiders do their thing. Remember your Fort save.


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

It's possible that I won't be able to post until Sunday evening now. Feel free to keep thwacking and shouting on my behalf until the spiders (or I) stop twitching.

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn, in the heat of the moment, wails away at the nearest spider

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Fort 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Wow - what a day with work...

Andoran

No worries Elinor or Bryndyn. Life happens. :)

Bryndyn does not hit the spider but even so, one of the creatures realizes that the end is near if things do not change and it backs away and back to the tree tops to deal with its wounds. Bryndyn does however have a boon that he may be unaware of as his hearty constitution nuetralizes the poison the spider injected him with.

The remaining spider must not have had the same realization and presses on in his quest to make Bryndyn his lunch. Bryndyn has a second bit of luck as the spider looks to go hungry, at least this round.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 111d6 ⇒ 3

Narnel, Elinor, Harlynn, Larayn and then Bryndyn again.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Round 4, AC: 17, HP: 6/9, 2 Strength DAM (Poisoned)

Narnel seeing the spider retreat attempts to send it off with an arrow in its rear. I will move in chase and fire.

If I cannot see the retreating spider, not sure about its action, then i will fire into melee at the remaining arachnid.

Longbow ATT: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
Longbow DAM: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Bryndyn in trouble Harlynn will one again throw some acid at it
Acid Splash1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
1d3 ⇒ 1

sorry for the redundancy I'm tryin to save most of my spells for later


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Back! And just in time.

The key bit of the round will be 't%*+ the thing' but it may be possible to 5'step around it to flank between myself and Bryndyn. Alternatively, if already adjacent, it may be possible to thwack it and step away with a view to giving Narnel a clear shot. A thought for next round, as it will get to act (if it's not dead) before N gets another shot.

"Bring it down if you can, Narnel. Leave this one to me and scaly here!"

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn continues to doggedly swing away at the spider.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

If it hits - 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Larayn to act, then top of the order! @DM Sigil: can you let me know how far away the retreating spider is before my next turn? Thanks.

Andoran

Until you hear otherwise, Bryndyn and Elinir, please consider that you are flanking the spider. Narnel the spider is about 45 feet away, and in a tree.

Larayn attempts to hit the spider again. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 101d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Narnel's attempt to drop the fleeing spider are not successful, nor are any of the other assualts launched this round at the one on the ground save for the magic of Harlynn.

The spider turns and lunges at Elinor, her yelling seems to be drawing it out. His attack is a miss as well though.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Thanks for the help Narnel! Lets kill these things!


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Round 5, AC: 17, HP: 6/9, 2 Strength DAM (Poisoned)

Narnel moves 15 feet towards the retreating spider, in a position to shoot from point blank range.

Have at it Eli!

Longbow ATT: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14
Longbow DAM: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

"It's got too many legs!"

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Well, at least I hit it.


Off to Chicago kids and its a full day in the windy city tomorrow. See you all on Wednesday

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Andoran

Narnel does thing he excells at and hits the abomination in the abdomon. It makes a hideous chittering sound and then crashes from the tree, its legs trying to stop its fall, and only getting broken in the descent.

Elinor does indeed hit the last spider, shallowly grazing its head.

Harlynn, Larayn (see you when you get back!) and then Bryndyn are up next.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

same actions as before
acid splash
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
damage1d3 ⇒ 3

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn continues his (mostly ineffective) onslaught...assuming he's still flanking

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Andoran

Harlynn's acid, and Bryndyn's solid hit to the back of the spider are all it needs to realize that this meal has too many points. It does as the one before it did, and tries to get to the trees.

I am willing to hand wave Narnel picking it out of the tree. It will not fight back from there and so it is just a function of time...

So now you can take in the hole. Nearly 8 feet across, and pitch black inside. Now with the immediate danger passed, you can see wagon wheels that come close to the lip of this pit, and where the the wheels stopped, you can see the mrks of something being dragged to the edge of the hole. Additionally there are the warm ends of torches. Whoever was here was here not long ago, and it is s afe bet they are why the spiders were so aggressive!

151 to 200 of 483 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Storm in Isger: The Devil's Hole All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.