Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Storm in Isger: The Devil's Hole

Game Master Sigil


101 to 150 of 483 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 33/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel will move to the north in the trees in the trees, hiding and sniping at the x in y10.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

LB ATT: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15
LB DAM: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Sneak ATT DAM: 1d6 ⇒ 1


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

I'll post now so you're not waiting for me.

"You're going to be lucky to get away with just a slap. I haven't carved my initials in anything since I was seventeen, but maybe today I'll make an exception."

As she advances, the large round shield covering her torso and thighs, the sword whirls about Elinor's head in a way which would be hypnotic if it weren't for the knowledge that it's three feet of razor sharp steel.

5' step forwards to R21 (so that all 3 near Xs are within 30') and 'Dazzling Display'. AC goes back up to 19.

Intimidate check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Liberty's Edge

"Come on out and fight like a man you..."

Narnel teaches the tough both manners and the value of shield before sword.

... Gak The prick shot me!

Elinor makes her challenge and threat, and the effect is immediate! The man standing before her looses his color and croaks "I had nothing to do with that part of things!"

Nicodemus draws his long sword and moves to join the others.

The swordsman by Elinor tries desperately to hit her, but misses by a wide mark.

1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 2 = 7

The other 2 take up their shields and continue to close with the shield maiden.

The men that seek Narnels hide are also closing, and drawing their shields the converge on his location.

Harlynn (which completes Round 8), and then Bryndyn, Larayn and Narnel. Please post out of turn if that what it comes to to keep the flow moving.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Harlynn will spend a moment realizing his mistake and summon a celestial riding dog to attack one of those threatening Narnel. He begins incantin in some ancient dialect that has a lot of hissing.

I don't have have the books in front of me so these numbers for a charging celestial riding dog could change1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7
damage1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7plus trip

The Exchange

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 49/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Byndyn, frustrated and flustered, sees his chance. He moves forward, heavy mace held high [to q21] and swings at the foe attempting to flank Elinor.

tairais ekess loreat, munthrek he bellows

translation

Spoiler:
Time to Die, Human

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

I think the charging dog won't get a go until next time (which is just as well given what you rolled) - full round casting is one of those things that *feels* really frustrating even though when you do the maths it shouldn't actually limit you.

We really are rolling like goblins, aren't we??

The Exchange

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 49/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Give me a real d20 and I wouldn't be rolling this poorly /shrug


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 33/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel shrugs and silently climbs the nearest tree in t9 and secures a sniping position.

Time to get vertical and wait on the reinforcements whilst I pick away at them.

Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Liberty's Edge

Harlynn begins to whisper unintelligible words while he crooks his fingers in strange patterns.

Whatever he hopes to achieve, Bryndyn will not wait for it, and swings at the foe before nor some space. If only good intentions could bite flesh!

Larayn also moves to help her fellow, and flanks the rider swinging her scimitar. Her blow connects, but not deeply, deeply enough to elicit a cry of pain. 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 2 = 201d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Meanwhile, Narnel discover discretion as the better part of valor and scrambles for the tree tops. They could not see him, even so close, but they knew where the arrows had come from. Miraculously, he even made it up the tree unobserved.

Nicodemus moves forward and makes his attempt to dispatch the rider but misses. 1d20 ⇒ 131d8 ⇒ 3

Elinor, and then the brigands.


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Elinor abandons the dramatic display of swordswomanship and instead concentrates on her immediate foe.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

She then steps 5' backwards (if she hasn't killed him) to Q20 so that she herself can't be flanked.

"Come on then you southern shandy drinking lightweights. My little sister could have you for breakfast!"

Liberty's Edge

Elinor's blade bites true, and the man momentarily stuck on the end of the blade looks confused and then in an instant the light in his eyes is dimmed.

Not dissuaded from pressing the assault, one of them and his voice sounds the same as the man who started the parley with you says to Elinor, You sure you don't want to see me use this sword? with a lewd thrust of his pelvis. Then his eyes see his companion fall, and he has only one word, but it is yelled. B1TCH!!

Both of the men attack Elinor, but either rage, fear or a lack of skill keep them from hitting the shield maiden.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Those men looking for Narnel continue to beat the bushes looking for him, cursing him, and encouraging each other to look harder, he cannot have just disappeared!

Harlynn, your turn, and then back to the top, Bryndyn, Larayn, and Narnel.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Harlynn finishes the incantation in infernal and with a puff of smoke comes a fiendish looking dog about 3 at the shoulders, appearing mid stride it continues towards the brigands threatening narnels location.

charging fiendish dog bite to closest brigand near narnels location. Sorry at work can't read the map that well1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10
damage1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9plus trip

The Exchange

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 49/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn's mace fly's wide! wha? he exclaims in surprise. He hasn't missed this much since first lifting a weapon...and this follows his abysmal attemps with the crossbow. Surely they will ask him to leave once all of this is over. Confidence waning, Bryndy again steps forward (to r20) and swings again, ignoring his humiliating boasts and concentrating on helping Elinor.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Attack
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Damage

Liberty's Edge

The sleek black dog that answered Harlynn's call races with ears pinned back toward the closest thug that menaces Narnel, but his bite is ineffective.

Bryndyn steps forward and despite his self doubt delivers a jarring blow to the enemy that taunted Elinor. The pain is clear on the man's face, but he says nothing and grits down on the pain. He may think twice about talking like that again, assuming he lives.

Larayn tries to cut the other enemy but has less luck on her second attack. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Narnel, Nicodemus, Elinor and then the thugs


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 33/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

From his hidden position up the tree, Narnel will snipe at the x in v9.

LB ATT: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21
LB DAM: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Sneak ATT DAM: 1d6 ⇒ 3


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

"If you surrender now, then just maybe you'll live to regret this."

Elinor is clearly having the time of her life, a savage glee shines in her face. She attacks the unwounded thug hoping to encourage them to give up the fight.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Oops. Rolling a d20 for damage, even with a bastard sword, is a bit enthusiastic. That'll be the 'savage glee', the idea of doing 21 points of damage with a single swing. It obviously put her off her swing.

The Exchange

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 49/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn almost has to duck as Elinor swings enthusiastically...

Liberty's Edge

lol! But what a sight it would have been if it had hit! Savage glee may be an understatemnt!

Narnel has a deadly advantage unnoticed in the trees and he exploits it with ease! The arrow strikes and strikes deep.

Elinor does not connect with her opponent, nor does Nicodemus.

1d20 ⇒ 151d8 ⇒ 6

Two of enemies Narnels see him in the tree and realizing thier disadvantage, being armed only with swords, they turn and run from his position, whether to get thier bows or to flee the field is not clear.

The third has a devilish canine pressing him, and he responds with a swing of his sword. He has no joy.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Meanwhile, the lewd brigand has moved his weapon into a defensive position, backs up, and says, "Let's talk about this. I may have misjudged you!" But his companion unwounded and still full of bravado and tries to hurt Elinor, but seems to have no ability to actually complete his intentions.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Harlynn, Bryndyn, Larayn, Narnel, Nicodemus, and Elinor do your thing!

The Exchange

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 49/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

out of contact for much of the day today

Bryndyn swings at the unwounded foe, his toothy maw opening wide in his effort and spittle flying everywhere. His lips are pulled back to further enhance the terrifying visage he is trying to pull off.

Primary action - Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Secondary (if allowed) - Intimidate 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Liberty's Edge

The dog Harlynn summoned disappears in a small puff of smoke.

Harlynn himself considers closing with the swordsman that has not yet been hurt, near his position, thinks better of it and then does it anyway. With the unholy words spoken with authority, he again launches a gob of acrid smelling go at the man, but without the previous success with the same attack. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d3 ⇒ 2

Bryndyn, is unable to replicate his previous ferocious attack, but it is for no lack of savagery or trying!

Larayn hears the plea for mercy, but while one asks quarter, the other presses on, and though the shedding of blood fills her with no joy, she does not want to allow him to shed blood either. The sword flies true and the man screams in pain, his crimson bloods spraying from him in an arc to match the sword.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 181d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Narnel, Nicodemus and Elinor and then the thugs.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Sigil-I am of the conjuration school so they last my level/2 in rounds longer. So technically doggie has one more attack before he goes poof
bite1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
damage1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Harlynn speaks familiar incantations and flings another globule of acid at the closest brigand
acid sslash1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
[ooc]damage[ooc]1d3 ⇒ 2

I gave you chance to surrender before but you just took arms against us. This is your answer to the threats you laid before us


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 33/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

From his hidden position up the tree, Narnel will snipe at the x in t10.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

LB ATT: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20
LB DAM: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Sneak ATT DAM: 1d6 ⇒ 1


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

"What the boy said. Throw your weapon down and I'll let you keep the other one."

She steps to flank the brigand wounded by Larayn and stabs at him with the point of her broadsword.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

edit post die roll - that should do it

She turns on the (hopefully) remaining brigand and points her gore encrusted blade direct at his crotch.

"Drop it or lose it, sweetheart."

Liberty's Edge

In a moment the fight is over. Harlynn's canine tears at the brigand by Narnel. And then Narnel's arrow finds its mark and the man drops like a sack of rocks, not even crying out as he falls.

Elinor does the same to her target, but this one spits bvlood and looks in surprise as he says something like "Hiss piss hiss" Whatever that means.

Nicodemus waits for a word to finish the last one by them off.

The mouthy one reacts as one might expect a man to when that part of anatomy is threatened. He turns pale and opens his hand, his sword falling to the ground. He takes a step back, and stays silent, his eyes downcast. The other fleeing brigands do that, they run and are lost to the trees in a moment.

Congrats on the end of a very successful combat.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 33/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel pops down to the ground, and begins to police the area for arrows.

Believe I fired 7?

After gathering what he can, he approaches Elinor.

Hey there lady! Well done! Do we need to get after those that ran off?


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

"Which bit of 'stay together' gave you trouble my tall friend? Just like an elf to reappear just when the excitement is over."

She grins to show she knows that Narnel played his part and turns to Harlynn.

"Well done lad. I usually think wytchcraft is a bit cheaty, but then so's attacking defenceless travelers." She spins around and plants a kick in the prisoner's balls through his armour, I still want him to talk. "Speaking of which, are you sure you don't want to see me use this sword? Who are you and what's a well armed band of vikings doing here? Where have your mates gone?"


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 33/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel winks at Elinor,and with a smile adds.

I'll do better next time...I promise.

Liberty's Edge

The prisoner keeps his eyes down cast and says softly, My brothers in arms and I were on our way to Haugins Ear. We heard there was consistant work to be found guarding caravans as they went through the area. We did ask you off, and just wanted to find work. What will I tell the widows you have left?


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

"What makes you think you're going to get the chance? Where I'm from we just hang robbers without trial."

Elinor looks around, her eyes flick across Bryndyn and she almost speaks, then looks away.

"Can anyone catch their horses? If we've time we should probably strip the bodies, the next group of travelers may be more vulnerable than we were and we wouldn't want this worm's friends to come back and re-arm."

Liberty's Edge

The horses have not run far and are easy to catch if you choose to do so.

"You misjudge me... And them...We were camped on our way to finish the journey to the Ear, when you appraoched. The others had more bravado then sense, and in fairness it was you who advanced on our position." He keeps his eyes down and is careful to make no sudden movements.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

[b]But I told you to lay down arms and we would talk to you by the authority of Haugin's Ear. Your response was clear and you desired no peace between us. Now you cower and beg. That is the way I remember it. [b]
Diplomacy1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

And because I think he is lying
Sense Motive1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Unless he has information about the Devil's Hole he has nothing for us. Larayn glares at the prisoner still full of adrenalin from battle , Speak to the truth of everything you know of the Devil's Hole and Haugin's Ear or by the Goddess I will cut you myself

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

"And if you divvent think the lady is serious. Believe that I am."

Intimidate 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

At an appropriate point Elinor will retrieve her javelin, Sven, and start work on stripping the armour from the bodies taking the opportunity to go through their pockets.

The Exchange

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 49/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Ugly business Bryndyn hisses between his sharp teeth. He watches the discussion between the prisoner and his allies and says nothing more. When Elinor begins dealing with the bodies, he lends a hand. This is a hard world and these men just found that out.

Liberty's Edge

I do not doubt any of you or your sincerity, or wish to impune your recollection, but I am who I say I am. My name is Jad and I am just looking to make a living. What are your names?

At Larayn's word the man looks up slightly, and says, The Dawnflower is not well worshipped in these parts. Let me swear on your Goddess that I know nothing more about Haugin's Ear than I say and have no idea what this Devils Hole is. It sounds like a good place to avoid is all I can guess.

He turns his attention to the group as a whole and says, You might consider hiring me for whatever expedition you are on. I am just looking for work.

When Elinor and Bryndyn begin checking the bodies, he protests loudly, and steps forward forgetting for a moment that Larayn and Nicodemus still hold swords on him, Hey now! That is not your right! Let me bury them by our custom, and return to thier widows and orphan children the property of thier fathers. See ing the swords again he shrinks slightly, and adds, If you please.

Scale mail, wooden shields, shortswords, shortbows and though there is not an armourer in your company it all seems to be of good quality. Additionally, the dead have a total of 17 platinum, 78 gold, 57 silver and 12 copper on them. The horses seem to be solid, though unremarkable, but they have saddles and bits and bridles, and should any of you try they readily accept riders.


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Out of earshot of this Jad.

"This group seem to have a very large sum of money for a band of down-on-their luck mercenaries. They're well armed, armoured and mounted. What he says sounds wrang but I don't think we can force him to tell the truth and I don't have the stomach to hang him from the nearest tree. Mebbes one of us could tek him back to the Ear to face the justice of the Wifey while the rest of us proceed to the Devil's Hole."

I'm thinking Nicodemus as it does look like he's not been able to rejoin the group. (Welcome back Larayn!)

Is there anything else on the bodies? Letters? Badges? Ordinary equipment such as rations/overnight kit?


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 33/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Quietly, so that no one but the companions can hear, Narnel adds,

If no one wants to return the scum, I will handle disposing of him. I care not what he says. They attacked us and refused to give up their arms when we gave them a chance. In any event, we need to move on to the Devil's Hole.


My intuition says that he is not telling us the whole truth, yet he swears on the Goddess. Plunder as you will, but as Narnel says we need to move on. Instead of hiring him we could make him go first into the Devil's Hole

Glad to be back :)


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

I don't know, I kinda believe him. Kinda feel bad for killing his group like that. Maybe we should just send him on his way with some heartfelt apologies Harlynn adds rubbing the back of his neck.


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

"You'll harden up as you get older kidda. But I'm not for killing him either, though in his fettle even if we trusted him he'd be nee use in a fight."

Nice one Harlynn - that's why I never make sense motive rolls unless I can't possibly help it.

Once the mail, swords and bows (not so worried about the shields) are secured (prob on Sven for now) Elinor turns to Jad.

"Ye should have thought more of the bairns and lasses before you attacked us. Get to Haugin's Ear and tell the Lady there if you want weregild from us, or if you've more stomach than you look, tell the Nail. If ye tek up arms against me agyen there'll be trouble. Maybe you and yer marras can do some good protecting people, there's a storm coming but."

If Nicodemus wants/is willing to escort Jad back to the Ear they should take the horses (that way if he rejoins there's justification for him catching us up) since I doubt any of us can ride anyway.

"Haway then."

Is it obvious that Larayn is a priestess of Saranrae? Because if not, how did Jad know?

Liberty's Edge

Agreed, Harlynn! Larayn has a holy symbol around her neck, and fights with the southern scimitar. A rare enough combo to take a guess, likely.

"Thank you, I am in your debt. I will ride to the Ear with your friend, and hope his introduction will help me secure work. Apologies for this misunderstanding."

Unless someone has something else to say, or stops them, Nicodemus and Jad mount the horses and leave for Haugin's Ear.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 33/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel shrugs...

Onward then, but I do so hate leaving enemies at my back.


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

"There's aalways an enemy at your back. Which is why you elves grow eyes in the back of your head."

The Exchange

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 49/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn nods at Narnels words of caution about enemies at his back, but then grins at Elinor's wisdom as well.

This does not feel right. Either we killed innocents, which bothers me or we are lettings a man go free who shouldn't, which also is bothersome. There is no silver lining here I think

He adds are we ready to press on?


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Elinor shies at Bryndyn's toothy grin then tries to make a joke of it.

"You think we maybe should have used him as bait?"

Translation from Geordie:
Bait = food

"I don't think Nic will let him go free though, I'm expecting him to be clapped in chains when he gets to the Ear. Aye, let's gan."

Liberty's Edge

And so a decision is made, and a die cast, for good or ill or for no purpose at all, who can say. The one calling himself Jad mounts one horse, and though he is refused return of sword, Nicodemus holds it for him. Nicodemus rides to his rear, crossbow loaded and ready for tricks. As the 2 horses leave the remaining heroes gather themselves up and continue their trek.

They actually do not get much further before they have their next encounter. The place where the Jad and his company originally were spotted at seems to have been some sort of a camping spot, or rest area. There is a small fire that has largely burned out, and some sort of soup warmed to the side of it, a pan of fresh biscuits (one end burned from being left too close to the fire, but the rest looks and smells wonderfully) There are also various cups and plates of a primitive sort scattered about, as well as water skins.

The most worrisome thing is that there is a crude wagon, 4 wheels, with nothing in it but a heavy linen tarp with blood. Whatever animals were used to pull it are not in evidence, but from the size of the yoke you might guess a couple more horse like you sent Jad and Nicodemus off on.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 33/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel searches the surrounding area for aqnything else of interest before moving ahead and flanking the party on horseback in the position of an outrider, with bow drawn.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

I assume that we are all on horseback now?


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

I think we have no horses. Sven + 2 (loot) - 2 (Nic and Jad taking them so that Nic can return if the player does (and we can sell them when we get back to the Ear if he doesn't)) + 0 (absent horses from the wagon) = Sven.

Liberty's Edge

Elinor and I are using the same math... Sorry still on foot!


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 33/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Gotcha - thanks...still does not change my action.

101 to 150 of 483 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Storm in Isger: The Devil's Hole All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.