Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Storm in Isger: The Devil's Hole

Game Master Sigil


1 to 50 of 483 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Andoran

Sunshine is a good portent for your journey. Ready to depart, you look to your companions, and reflectively look within yourself. This will be a test of them as much as of you.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Dotting


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

dot

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn stands slightly apart, checking his weapons and pack. He awaits for the group to be ready and then he will lead them to the Devil's hole.


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Elinor already has a pack pony (called Sven) which is only lightly loaded so far. Torches, couple lanterns, plenty of rope, provisions for six and fodder for the pony. She'll pick up a long spear if there is one. If we're going to be out o/night then tents.

Elinor looks very different dressed for battle. The fancy silks and furs are either safely packed or left behind although she still wears some simple chains of gold and silver. Instead she wears a blackened breastplate with a simple spangenhelm, albeit with a horsehair plume and the eye protection chased in silver, her own braids gathered up in a bundle at the back of her neck. Elinor carries a large circular shield in her right hand and wears a wolf-skin cloak over the top. Along with the great broadsword a warhammer hangs at her right hip and a pair of javelins are slung over her back.

"Are we gannin then?"


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

The only thing Harlynn would be concerned with would be food provisions and spell components.

Harlynn leaves his domicile looking remarkably similar to what he did yesterday. In fact, you'd swear he was wearing the same clothes as last night. The only difference presented is his hair is a bit messier, he carries a dagger at his side, and there is a scroll case accompanying his messenger bag. As he saunters to the rest of the group he thinks to himself, Now what was the name of that lass... Ah well it will come to me eventually I suppose.

He looks up at the rest of the group, squints his eyes from the rising sun blinding him, covers it with a hand, smiles and says, Right then, A skull and a knife. We ready?


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel is anxious to get going first thing in the morning. He rises early and spends some time checking his equipment before leaving.

Ready when you all are.

Andoran

Bryndyn seems to be quite sure of where he is going and immediately leads you off the road and into the woods. It is amazing how quickly things regrow. The path he chooses is rocky, though he leads you past the worst of that and the thorns that seem to spring up all around the place. He says the trip will take about 2 hours on foot.

Everyone, 3 Perception checks please.

Cheliax

K'uhulajaw, Init +5, AC20/13/17, Hits 14/24, Perception -1

Dotting to lurk and cheer on.

"Good luck."


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Harlynn perception checks
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Todor perception checks
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Heh...I SO don't allow familiars (especially ones that can't talk) perception checks.

On the journey Elinor is open and pleasant to her companions, except for Bryndyn of whom she maintains a watchful suspicion, obviously more worried about him than about the hazards associated with moving through an area this close to a settlement. She hands Sven's reins to Harlynn to lead, having loaded hers and anyone else's belongings onto him. (Sven, not Harlynn). Elinor's heavy armour means she slows the group down but she encourages the less well armoured folk (i.e. everyone) to stay behind her unless they're deliberately going on ahead. While not a babbler like Larayn she's quite talkative as she seeks to get to know her shield companions.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 211d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Why not it has perception as a skill and can convey emotions through the empathic link. I think danger would be something it could convey


Taedric Vitals:
(HP: 42/42; AC: 22 /12/21; CMD: 13; Fort +8, Ref: +3, Will: +2 [+4 vs. fear or illusions], Percept: +5 [Low-Light], Init: +1)
Male Gnome Cavalier (Emissary) of the Shield: 4
Trumps Vitals:
(HP: 35/35; AC: 22 /14/18; CMD: 19 [23 vs. trip]; Fort +7, Ref: +7 [evasion], Will: +2, Percept: +7 [Scent, Low-Light], Init: +2)

Taedric nods to you before riding off with the other group, "Farewell. Desna's luck go with you all."

Dotting


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel works both flanks of the group as they progress, keeping a watchful eye for danger, his bow at the ready.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Upon the trail to the Devil's Hole, Harlynn makes small talk while taking the time out to socialize with his ferret, Todor. He tries not to be at the lead but takes care not to be at the rear either. He looks at everyone and throws out the question jokingly So come here often?


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Brydyn's rolls

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Sorry all - boss in town this week. I can always post at least once per day, but there will be some days where it's hard during the day...

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Wow...those are some bad perception rolls....


Nicodemus converses cheerily with his new companions as they make their way across the briar- and rock-strewn wilderness, quick to laugh or joke and listening intently to what they say, although he shares little about himself.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Apologies for my infrequent posting; we've been a bit understaffed at work.

Andoran

Please choose a place on the map emailed in column a,b,c,or d.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

I am unable to open the map.

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndon is at D.20.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

c14


Nicodemus will be at C18


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

D16, and I guess Sven is in B14 since Harlynn didn't object to being pony-minder (it is the traditional role for the party mage after all, that and lantern-holder. ;-) )

Elinor points forwards and slightly off to her left.

"Is that a helmet, or just a shiny rock?"

My computer didn't much like the map either, adobe refused to recognise it, but I was able to open it with Irfanview.

Narnel - are you rolling a loaded d6 instead of a d20?


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

I eventually got it open too - thanks Rich! I hear ya Elinor - WTH?

Narnel at B15

Andoran

What was that exactly? Hard to say if Elinor's eyes are playing a trick on her, or not, but there is nothing to be seen there now.


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

I'm assuming that for normal travel, a large shield is 'slung' giving me both hands free and reducing my AC by 2. I'll draw my long spear and move to H15 gesturing to Harlynn to stay back.

"Narnel, your eyes must be better than mine, tell me I wasn't imagining that."

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Byrndyn hunches forward, looking at something caught in the nearby fir tree. He sees no new tracks, sees nothing on the horizon, but feels something...something in the air. He kneels, leaning on his heavy mace, his crossbow slung across his back.

si kiwieg hefoc yth re drekim theseka

Spoiler:
I feel like we are being watched

In common, he adds Have a care, we are getting close

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Thinking about his own words, Bryndyn swaps weapons, brandishing the heavy crossbow and bolt while putting the mace on his back, ready to be drawn if needed.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel moves to F14 when Elinor moves.

I do not see anything, Ellie.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Harlynn inches forward, taking care to make sure Todor is stowed safely in his bag. He seems to hold his hand purposefully in an odd way, unspeaking as if he is holding a word of power on the tip of his tongue.

5 ft step to d14, holding action

Oh and I don't care about the pony so his hand lets loose of the thing


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Elinor advances towards where she thought she saw something with her spear 'on guard'.

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn moves into a position that covers Elinor as she moves forward.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

You there, I saw you come out and reveal your self. We mean you no harm. He gestures to the same area where Elinor pointed someone out.

Harlynn tries to duck behind something to gain cover and goes full defense

Andoran

For a moment you think you are being answered when you hear, Kythis, Armand, there is someone out there. Jad, go get the others! shouted in common.

Initiative and first actions please... Sorry I do not have time to roll them right now. New map will be emailed shortly.

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndon still doesn't see anything, but raises his crossbow and hisses between sharp teeth.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Byndyn also moves to f17


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

5' step forwards (I15, assuming we gained a response after her first move).

Drop spear, ready shield, then sword (in that order).

Do we know where Larayn is? Is Chris ok?


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Initiative1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Harlynn remains where he is and shouts You there, by authority of Haugin's Ear my superiors have demanded you come out and explain yourself!

Intimidate to demoralize1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

If that counts as an action he will go full defense. If not I will delay action till the ruffian reveals themselves.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Andoran

Harlynn, you need to be within 30 feet to demoralize. Would you like to choose another action, or still shout your demand?

Initiative for "X" 1d20 ⇒ 6
Initiative for Nicodemus 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Initiative for Larayn 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

@Sigil: I have no problem viewing the map, but I do not see the PCs placed on it. Are they? Also, have you considered opening up a new PbP for this group so that it will show on our campaigns and you could post the maps in the Campaign info tab?


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

I will move into position and shout. That should be one more 5 ft step right?

Andoran

Initiative order is Bryndyn, Elinor, Larayn, Narnel, Nicodemus, "X", Harlynn.

Bryndyn moves toward Elinor as she takes a step forward, readying herself for trouble. Larayn also comes up closer to her. Everone has thier eyes out, but there is just too much cover to see much, and now everytime the breeze moves a twig it jangles your nerves. No more sign off whoever or whatever is out there.

Narnel you are up, and Nicodemus is on deck. Please tell me how to link a map in the OOC thread and I will set that up for both groups. It would likely make things much easier. The map seems to "drop" the characters if it is too small. I just opened it from my sent file and it seems okay. Hopefully we can figure out a way for everyone to see the maps quickly! Elinor, I am hoping Larayn will be rejoining us soon.

Andoran

Harlynn:
You saw something in the "K" column, not the "k", so the distance is quite ways off still.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 11/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel draws his bow from his current position, primed to fire at the first site of the enemy. He carefully looks for such an enemy.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Alright, then I will do a full move 30' to k

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

As Harlynn moves forward, Bryndyn watches ahead. He is 'holding' his action until he sees someone aggressive. If someone brandishes a weapon with hostility (they are coming at us), Bryndyn will fire

1 to 50 of 483 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Storm in Isger: The Devil's Hole All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.