Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Storm in Isger

Game Master Sigil


701 to 750 of 3,089 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Those of us who have been in before, and already met the ghost, should probably go first. It was only yesterday we killed all the worms so they presumably haven't respawned...

I'd suggest we throw lighted objects down so we can see whether all is well, then Narnel, Bryndyn and I go first (using appropriate roping and tying so that there is a minimum risk of an embarrassing fall), and then the rest follow.

Should we leave some people at the top - there are bandits unaccounted for and who knows what else.


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

Tkurzhan may be best guarding the top. He won't be much use down there, and we'll hear him howl if anything goes amiss up here.

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn nods at Elinor's suggestion. He isn't eager to go down the hole again, and yet he is compelled to do so.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 1, Sorcerer (Crossblooded Orc/Draconic) 2 (HP 2/24, AC 13/T10/FF 13, CMD 15, F 4, R 0, W 4, Perception +5, Init +0)

Pluchak helps with the rope, lowering people down who need it. "How many people you want to leave out here? Are you going to need a bunch of people to get what you need? How far of a trip is it?"


Taedric Vitals:
(HP: 42/42; AC: 22 /12/21; CMD: 13; Fort +8, Ref: +3, Will: +2 [+4 vs. fear or illusions], Percept: +5 [Low-Light], Init: +1)
Male Gnome Cavalier (Emissary) of the Shield: 4
Trumps Vitals:
(HP: 35/35; AC: 22 /14/18; CMD: 19 [23 vs. trip]; Fort +7, Ref: +7 [evasion], Will: +2, Percept: +7 [Scent, Low-Light], Init: +2)

Taedric says, "At least at first, I think Trumps and I are better suited to patrolling for the bandits that you mentionned... and to pull you up in a hurry, if need be."


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

"Not wanting to doubt your tenacity Master Starfell, but a two stone faerie isn't going to be much use pulling an armoured warrior out of a deep hole."

Andoran

Abbas looks lost in thought, and then announces, I will stay on the top. Better for you to go down, and better for you to come out if I am here. A decision reached the big man keeps the council of his own thoughts.

Larayn indicates that she will go below, channeling her goddess to clear what dangers may still lie ahead.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel grabs the rope and proceeds down into the hole, yet again.

Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Andoran

The group more or less divides as it did before. The strength of those friendships being shown now to breed bonds of trust.

Descent into the hole unassisted is 4 climb checks, the first is DC5 and the remaining are DC15. Narnel, apologies!!! I had forgotten the first easier check and thought you had fallen.

Narnel grabs the rope and with little fanfare descends into the dark.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

What the hell is going on?


Male Half Orc Barbarian 1, Sorcerer (Crossblooded Orc/Draconic) 2 (HP 2/24, AC 13/T10/FF 13, CMD 15, F 4, R 0, W 4, Perception +5, Init +0)

Pluchak tried to keep a wary eye on the area around, keeping quiet to keep from bringing more attention to the area. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

As usual, Elinor will sacrifice dignity in favour of not landing on her *** and will allow herself to be lowered down by rope once Narnel signals that it's clear. She'll cast light on some pebbles and toss them down so he can see to climb.

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Brydyn will accept the help of those above as well.


Taedric Vitals:
(HP: 42/42; AC: 22 /12/21; CMD: 13; Fort +8, Ref: +3, Will: +2 [+4 vs. fear or illusions], Percept: +5 [Low-Light], Init: +1)
Male Gnome Cavalier (Emissary) of the Shield: 4
Trumps Vitals:
(HP: 35/35; AC: 22 /14/18; CMD: 19 [23 vs. trip]; Fort +7, Ref: +7 [evasion], Will: +2, Percept: +7 [Scent, Low-Light], Init: +2)

Taedric shakes his head and says, "Well, I could seek something to anchor myself upon -- I am stronger than the average man -- however, I was more of the thought that the large wolf here would."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 1, Sorcerer (Crossblooded Orc/Draconic) 2 (HP 2/24, AC 13/T10/FF 13, CMD 15, F 4, R 0, W 4, Perception +5, Init +0)

"Taedric, if you want, I can lower you and your wolf into the cave as well. I don't really have problems with heavy things." He smiled at the gnome, demonstrating his pointed teeth. "We will be fine up here."


Taedric Vitals:
(HP: 42/42; AC: 22 /12/21; CMD: 13; Fort +8, Ref: +3, Will: +2 [+4 vs. fear or illusions], Percept: +5 [Low-Light], Init: +1)
Male Gnome Cavalier (Emissary) of the Shield: 4
Trumps Vitals:
(HP: 35/35; AC: 22 /14/18; CMD: 19 [23 vs. trip]; Fort +7, Ref: +7 [evasion], Will: +2, Percept: +7 [Scent, Low-Light], Init: +2)

Taedric smiles at the offer, then shakes his head, "Thank you, Pluchak, but no. I think Trumps and I are better suited to open spaces in which we can run down any foes than being stuck in a hole -- of course, if nothing comes attacking, then I may have made a poor choice."

He rides a little closer and adds in a quieter voice, "Besides, I don't really think that those who were not with us have much faith in the abilities of a two stone faerie, as it were." He smiles and winks, his cheerful spirit undiminished, "I guess I just need to kill another Ogre."

Cheliax

K'uhulajaw, Init +5, AC20/13/17, Hits 24/24, Perception -1

Abbas helps Pluchak and Taedric, listening to their banter as they reel out the weighted rope.

"Can I fight the next ogre, please?", he asks in all seriousness.

New screen and I'm back.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

I am going in again, as I have before. Harlynn centers himself to climb down the rock face once again.

climb1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
climb1d20 ⇒ 7
climb1d20 ⇒ 10
climb1d20 ⇒ 14


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Remaining three checks

Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Are they still DC15 with the aid of ropes and those others holding from above?


Stats:
AC 19/12/17 CMD 16 HP 24/30 F+7 R+3 W+10 Init +1 Per +5

"I fear I am too heavily armored to manage this descent easily. If there is a way to lower me down, my dignity is not do great that I would mind being lowered like a sack of potatoes, but I would also be willing to help guard the surface if needed."

Cheliax

K'uhulajaw, Init +5, AC20/13/17, Hits 24/24, Perception -1

Seneca can be lowered down with relative ease by the three warriors.

"You not heavy. Pluchak is strong like me."

Abbas looks around and sees that the two ponies are still in harness. He frees them from their traces and ties Leftie to one bush, Rightie to another. All the while chuntering away quietly, then he grabs a brush to give them some loving care. Abbas hums away to both ponies as he works.

That hole smells bad. Cold inside.


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

Brother, stay here and guard. I shall soon return, we must hope.
With that, Aidan slowly descends into the hole last, assuring each hold as he descends. Within a few moments he is covered by a sheen of sweat, his arms shaking, but he continues on with a rugged determination.


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Elinor smiles at the discussion about 'who gets to kill the next ogre'.

"My Uncle Ranuld's war cry was "The big one's mine!". He was a bit leery of smaller foes though after a nasty experience with a svartalfar warband. We'll call if we need you."

Andoran

Narnel, they are still DC 15 with rope. The aid from above can either lower you completely, or do nothing. I am going to use the acrobatics check previously provided. Harlynn, sadly I am going to need an acrobatics check from you. Aidan, I will need 4 climb checks from you assuming you are not accepting a ride down.

Narnel makes good time down the rope but right near the rope slips from his fingers and he lands hard and on his back, narrowly missing the corpses at the bottom, but with the wind soundly knocked out of him.

Elinors stones illuminate the area and it is largely as you recall. The horror of 2 bruised female human bodies, the dead countless grubs all over the place toward the downward tunnel, the heavy air of wet leaves and spring, and of course the bed of coins and gems and jewelry.

After they make their rolls, Harlynn, and Aidan join Seneca, Bryndyn, Larayn and Elinor in the hole. The remaining party members stay topside.

Movement down the passage is easy, the slime now a dry memory and the ante-chamber with the water collecting statues and the other pair that flank the whispering tunnel is likewise easy to move through. One arriving at the tunnel, Larayn asks to go first. Moving with purpose ahead of the group you hear her call on her patron, and when you emerge on the other side, the skeletons that had menaced to this point are broken piles of bone.

Meanwhile on the surface, things are quiet. A nightbird calls, another answers. A lazy opossum comes close and then seeing you turns and scuttles in the opposite direction. It is too early in the year for insects to be a problem, though you do hear the occasional chirp of a cricket. In truth your enemies appear to be boredom, and the cold. Those with a way to see in the dark fare better than those that do not, for you have no fire or torches lit.


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

Aidan takes ten, for 15s, with his shiny new climber's kit.


Stats:
AC 19/12/17 CMD 16 HP 24/30 F+7 R+3 W+10 Init +1 Per +5

Seneca whispers, "Nice place. I think I liked battling goblins in the night better."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 1, Sorcerer (Crossblooded Orc/Draconic) 2 (HP 2/24, AC 13/T10/FF 13, CMD 15, F 4, R 0, W 4, Perception +5, Init +0)

Pluchak stops talking for a few minutes as everyone that is going delves deeper into the hole. He clears his throat leans over while keeping his eyes darting around, and asks in a whishper, "Abbas. What in the hells is a svartelfar?"

He does keep an eye out for bandits or worse regardless. Perception]1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

If you speak Ulfen svartalfar means:
halfling, but the mean sort, kind of like 'dark halfling'.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Talk about being set up for failure!


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel peers into the gloom and listens intently for any sign of danger.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn silently places his blanket, which he brought purposely, over the two dead women and offers a prayer to their souls.

Cheliax

K'uhulajaw, Init +5, AC20/13/17, Hits 24/24, Perception -1

Abbas keeps humming as he mulls over Pluchak's question, "svartalfar?" He eventually shrugs and says, "Elinor knows."

Andoran

Harlynn fumbles in the rope and looses his grip. He falls and falls hard. Harlynn takes 6 points of damage.

2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

These areas are seemingly untouched since you were here last. This place still has that weird feel, like a church or a library. Like being loud, or maybe just talking would be inappropriate.

What actions are you taking if any? I want this to go quickly because so you can rejoin those players topside. For those who were not here before, the previous description stands, but with scattered bone on the floor now. "And then suddenly you are in another area, a wide rough hewn room. The floor is level, but the walls are not. Lining the walls to the left are cubbies, nooks that appear to have been chipped from the wall. To the right there is a stair case that leads down as well as an opening (a window?) to the left of it, but along the same wall. In front of the stairs there are 2 dessicated, skeletal really corpses, holding spears and wearing some ancient sort of cloak. The air is very dry, and aside from the dead (they do look rather like Bryndyn'd people come to mention it!) there is nothing on the floor."


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

"Remind us, the draugr wishes some of the remains here to be brought back topside for right disposal, the rest should be left except we need a skull or two for the wifey?"


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

I do not recall entirely, but that sounds right, Elinor.

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

when I get home from work today, I'll check my notes from Sigil and post a summary of what needs be done

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn helps Narnel off the floor. "Are you ok friend? Anyone have something to help with these scrapes?"

Andoran

Posted with Bryndyn's permission:

I believe the Lady asked us to get the knife and 3 skulls. Also, I need the knecklace off the shaman and he has bid me to cast these bones back into the pit from whence they came. Though I am not sure how we can cast the skulls back, and present them to the Lady. says Bryndyn.


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Aidan lights a very, very old whale lamp and inspects the immediate area before asking which direction needs be traveled, if indeed he did not discern it.


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Elinor is noticably impressed with the lamp.

"I like it oh hairy one. That's a right proper light in the dark. Much better than mum and glimmery. The Shaman's stiff is below."

Scanning around at who's with, she takes her customary place at the front and leads the way down into the gloom - albeit with a glim and mummery glowing sword.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Harlynn is slow to get up, and is even a bit wobbly in his feet. When he stands he says No, really, thanks for the help. I got it

Entering the room his eyes go black again checking the remains of the corpses.

detect magic


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel helps up Harlynn.

I am fine, but not Harlynn. C'mon guy, let's get you some healing. Little help here?

Narnel reaches down and grabs the skulls. He then advances with Elinor and an arrow notched.

I will take the two skulls now, and I already gave her the knife. Can someone grab up the bones and drop them in the hole? We still need another skull

Narnel peers ahead while advancing.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Andoran

In my haste to help Bryndyn with his haste (:P) I neglected 2 other things he would have mentioned.

We also need to get the body of the Shaman and these 2 guards to the surface and give them an honorable burning. And of course we need to get those unfortunate young women home.

Larayn on realizing the injury that Harlynn sustained in his fall goes to him and speaking words of power restores him. Harlynn receives 10 points of healing. 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Bryndyn and Larayn begin picking up bone and bone fragments to bring them lower. That place, when entered also does not seem to have been disturbed.

Its description from the earlier is included again for the reference of the new additions to the group.(modified slightly)

"Proceeding to the bottom of the stairs, albiety with more caution, you see the scene closer that you observed from above. The emaciated figure is wearing the tatters of ornate robes. This figure lies on the far side of the stone table.

The table observed from above on closer inspection appears to restraints affixed to it, though there days of service are likley long past, and the table itself has grooves or rivlets carved into it, with a ridge around the outer edge, and though it sits at an angle there are carved bowls at both the high and low wnd of the table. Large bowls. Buckets might be a better description. The room itself is simple and not finished at all.

One the far side of the table (and the low end) there is a gaping hole in the ground. There do not appear to be any other exits from the room."

On finding no immediate danger Larayn begins casting the collected bone pieces down the home where the clatter along the stone for a long time and then are heard no more. Another skull is easy to find.

Aidan:
From the thread previously: The cubbies contain different things. Cups, and by proximity crude plates in one, rusted metal manacles in another, that one is empty, this one has corroded plates or brass, oblong, and maybe the size of a mans foot long, and half that wide. They are held together with wire. The next one has dye of some sort. It makes your fingers ochre and red. This one is empty. This one has a larger bowl in it. Also, you come to a shocking realization that this place is as dead as any you have ever been. No insects, or fungus. Not even mold. Aside from your compatriots there is nothing even close to life in this place.


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Elinor will pick up a warhammer of comparatively recent make.

"I knew I left this lying around somewhere. Me Mam always used to say that a job was never finished till the tools were put away. I'm not certain she had smashing draugr in mind tho."

She'll cast light on a bit of bone and toss it into the whole so she can see down there as she stands guard over it. Ready action to hit anything that comes out of the hole.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel pockets a third scull, then draws his bow and hides in the shadows of a corner with his bow trained on the hole, within 30 feet of same.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Stats:
AC 19/12/17 CMD 16 HP 24/30 F+7 R+3 W+10 Init +1 Per +5

Seneca holds his crossbow ready. Seeing the others training their weapons on the hole, he does the same whispering, "Are we expecting visitors?"

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

"Last time we came, hods of skellings came trooping out of that hole. We came second."

Cheliax

K'uhulajaw, Init +5, AC20/13/17, Hits 24/24, Perception -1

It takes a sharp dagger and several attempts but Abbas eventually gets started. He cuts the stems and one by one makes a chain out of the silvered flowers.

Every so often Abbas looks out and about from on top of the cart. Neatly stacked nearby are the ragged blankets to wrap up the girls' bodies.

Abbas murmurs the words to the prayers of Shelyn and Torag, beauty and crafting as the mirror daisy chain begins to take shape.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Harlynn thanks Laryn for the healing. He follows up with the group pushing his sleeves up so that his castings would have a less encumbered feel.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 1, Sorcerer (Crossblooded Orc/Draconic) 2 (HP 2/24, AC 13/T10/FF 13, CMD 15, F 4, R 0, W 4, Perception +5, Init +0)

Pluchak kept out a wary eye, but noticed what seemed to be an undue preoccupation with some of the members of the team above ground. The half orc sighs, bored out of his mind. "Abbas, what are you doing? I thought we were supposed to be on the lookout for bandits?"

701 to 750 of 3,089 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Storm in Isger: Clouds on the Horizon All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.