Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Storm in Isger

Game Master Sigil


651 to 700 of 3,166 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel looks with disdain on Elinor and her actions towards Abbas. He pats the large man on the back as he walks by.

Guess its your turn big fella...enjoy.

He winks, smiles broadly and then intently looks deeply into the surrounding woods.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Initiative:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

So intenetly, he's taken aback that combat has started elsewhere...
Tkurzhan's Perception that I forgot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Apparently he forgot, too.

Cheliax

K'uhulajaw, Init +5, AC20/13/17, Hits 24/24, Perception -1

Abbas stares at Narnel's back and offers a useful piece of advice given once by a priest of Irori.

"Body and mind are tools to be honed into greatness."

He lets Elinor rest her head, after all its only right to help a maiden, even if she dribbles in her sleep.

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

out of action most of the day with visitors from HQ in the office

Andoran

dice rolls:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 171d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 261d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

From your right side, and some 15 feet away and closing fast is a roiling mass of chitinous life. Legs, pincers, and the brown orange glint of their carapaces move in a mass, and concentration of numbers that seems to be impossible, yet there it is. The centipedes are staggering in their grotesque charge.

Luckily the wary party is ready, and while they did not see them until they were near on top of them, they shall have a chance to defend themselves.

Perhaps this then is why the larger predators shied away, but if wolves dare not fight what hope do you have?

Initiative order: Abbas, Pluchak, Taedric, Trumps, Harlynn, Larayn, Aidan, Thurzhan, Bryndyn, Elinor, Narnel and finally the centipedes.


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

When her turn rolls around, I'm pretty sure all Elinor is going to be able to do is wake up properly, say "Huh???" and stop being flat footed. But she's up on the wagon so probably isn't in the target zone. (I hope).


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

KnNature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Aidan doesn't know much of the vermin, but he throws out a slab of meat marked for Tkurzhan. The cat isn't happy, but it might delay the advance just enough.


Stats:
AC 19/12/17 CMD 16 HP 24/30 F+7 R+3 W+10 Init +1 Per +5

Sorry, busy days, looks like I'm last from the rolls anyway
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Cheliax

K'uhulajaw, Init +5, AC20/13/17, Hits 24/24, Perception -1

Abbas shouts alarm to warn everyone including Elinor. He points at the approaching swarm and attempts to steer the cart away.

Handle animal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

The warrior snaps the reins quickly and tuts at the leader Leftie. The pony responds well.


Male Half Orc Bloodrager (Rageshaper, Draconic) 4 (HP 40/40, AC 20/T10/FF 20, CMD 16, F 6, R 1, W 2, Perception +7, Init +0)

Pluchak hops up on the wagon which seems to be outrunning the swarm.

Andoran

At Abbas' word all eyes are riveted on the approaching danger. A flick of the wrist and the team pulls left and away from danger.

Pluchak attemps to get a ride, but is a moment too slow, following as quick as he can.

No worries Seneca... I guessed you would fall a bit later and wanted to get the round going... Yikes, after the centipedes! Taedric, Trumps, Harlynn, Larayn, Aidan, Thurzhan, Bryndyn, Elinor, Narnel, centipedes and Seneca.


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

That's the order? Or yet to go this round? Was the other round surprise? Where's Abbas in the order?
KnNature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Andoran

No surprise round... creepers were too far off, and were too quiet to be seen. What is posted is who is left this round.


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

Move action->remove meat from saddlebags
Free Action->Drop said rations
Move Action->Follow wagon

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn gets his bow ready if it will be at least two rounds before they engage - if not, he will ready his Mace.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Harlynn says to Bryndyn Hold friend unless you think that you can take each and every creature in that swarm out.

DM:
Is there anything that we can use to start a fire line with?


Taedric Vitals:
(HP: 42/42; AC: 22 /12/21; CMD: 13; Fort +8, Ref: +3, Will: +2 [+4 vs. fear or illusions], Percept: +5 [Low-Light], Init: +1)
Male Gnome Cavalier (Emissary) of the Shield: 4
Trumps Vitals:
(HP: 35/35; AC: 22 /14/18; CMD: 19 [23 vs. trip]; Fort +7, Ref: +7 [evasion], Will: +2, Percept: +7 [Scent, Low-Light], Init: +2)

Taedric swings Trumps around, "I don't think I could stomp all of those before they crawled all over me... At the same time, I imagine we're faster than that mass. Let's press on... Though I wonder if we could lure it somehow to the goblin camp?"

Andoran

Harlynn:
It is spring time in the forest, so lots of dead sticks, and leaves etc. It has been several days since the last rain so it is fairly dry, but keep in mind that these centipedes are closing very fast and your guess is that they will be to your position on thier turn. You have mere seconds to act.

Order: Harlynn, Larayn, Aidan, Thurzhan, Bryndyn, Elinor, Narnel, centipedes and Seneca.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Full withdrawal and cast acid splash
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
damage 1d3 ⇒ 3

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

For when it is my turn - Bryndyn will keep at Range and fire his bow.

Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

Andoran

Harlynn throws acid at the creatures, but comes up short in the attempt. Acid sizzles and burns some dry grass.

Larayn reviews her options and opts to simply run, but opts not to follow Pluchak and the cart.

Aidan throws a ration to the hungry swarm, and the meat disappears quickly. Thurzhan and the druid follow Pluchak and the wagon.

Bryndyn moves away and then lobs an arrow into the midst of the swarm. In a moment the creatures are covering the exposed shaft, without any concern or care.

Elinor takes a moment to realize what is happening, and with a solitary quesiong sound she at once grasps the gravity of the danger they are in. Abbas' quick thinking pulls her to safety.

Narnel and Seneca still in the kill zone. Order is Narnel, centipedes and then Seneca. Round 2 starts with Abbas and then Pluchak.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel retreats full movement (30') and prepares an oil flask top throw at the swarm.

Cheliax

K'uhulajaw, Init +5, AC20/13/17, Hits 24/24, Perception -1

Abbas slaps the reins down on each pony and keeps them going away from danger.

Handle animal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

"Come on!"


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

KnNature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Is it possible a giant centipede might cow the others into servitude?


Stats:
AC 19/12/17 CMD 16 HP 24/30 F+7 R+3 W+10 Init +1 Per +5

Sigil - I'm traveling again so in case there is danger of me holding things up, Seneca will plan to channel negative energy 1d6 ⇒ 3 to harm the bugs if he can do so without harming allies (30 foot radius, can only exclude one ally, so ideally, moving away from the rest of the group). Otherwise, he will attempt to run out of harm's way.

Andoran

Aidan: Servitude? Not likely, but a sardine fears a grouper, and grouper fears a shark... But then would a shark fear piranha?

No worries Seneca. Thanks for the heads up!

Narnel flees from the face of this onslaught and Seneca alone is left when the crush of chiton comes. He is bitten and stung repeatedly, and all his thoughts are on fleeing this doom.

Running from the swarm, he hopes he can put enough distance between them and himself to avoid a repeat of these last moments. He feels the bile in his chest rise, but with great effort he manages to push back and retains his composure. But something else is happening. His movements are suddenly clumsy. He has been poisoned!

In turn he unleashes a wave of unholy energy which lashes through the insects but does not stop their advance.

2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 51d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d4 ⇒ 41d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Seneca takes 5 points of damage, and 4 points of dex damage.

Abbas continues to drive the team away from the writhing horror.

Next up: Pluchak and then Taedric, Trumps, Harlynn, Larayn, Aidan, Thurzhan, Bryndyn, Elinor, Narnel, centipedes and Seneca.


Male Half Orc Bloodrager (Rageshaper, Draconic) 4 (HP 40/40, AC 20/T10/FF 20, CMD 16, F 6, R 1, W 2, Perception +7, Init +0)

Pluchak sees all of his friends staying to fight, and he figures he can do the same. He turns back toward the swarm, but tries to stay away from the others as to not allow the swarm to encompass them both. He spits acid at the swarm, hoping to kill off some of the creatures.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 Acid Splash
1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Damage if necessary.

Andoran

Pluchaks aim is great, and he causes the writhing mass to burn under his acidic attack. The damage he did was significant. Surprising even Pluchak himself.

Taedric wheels on Trumps and keeping a wide berth looks for an opening where he can help.

Just a friendly reminder to post out of turn... This is going to take a long time if we wait to take turns in order! :) Next up, Harlynn, Larayn, Aidan, Thurzhan, Bryndyn, Elinor, Narnel, centipedes and Seneca.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Round 2, AC: 17, HP: 16/16

Narnel moves to within 10 feet and throws his lit flask of oil at the swarm.

ATT: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20
DAM: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Not sure if I have to roll to see if it breaks. If so, I have no problem with Sigil handling that aspect.


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

Aidan curses vehemently at Narnel and his affinity for fire. After a cuff over the head for the pyromaniac elf, We're in a svojnii forest, you pointy- eared dolt!, he rolls into the wagon, uncapping his waterskin in the hope he can stifle the flames before they reach dry grass or the autumn leafall.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Harlynn scowls at the half-Orc having summoned the same acid as he. Only with better aim. He attempts to center himself and casts acid splash again.

attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
damage 1d3 ⇒ 1


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Touch me again Aidan, and you will find an arrow in your eye! I would no more cause a fire in this wood than you would.


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

Find a care for even that which you will outlive. You're all the same. Forest kin, indeed! Hmmph.


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Elinor hangs onto the careering cart and looks through the stuff in the back for the torches, grabbing one and a tinderbox.

"Boys. The centipedes..."

She gestures with her chin at the ravening swarm.

"B itch slap each other later."


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

When this is over you can both hug a tree until then I would like to live

Cheliax

K'uhulajaw, Init +5, AC20/13/17, Hits 24/24, Perception -1

Abbas ducks under a tree branch and pulls Elinor's head down too just in time. He sees an open area ahead and slows the wagon, preparing to stop and rejoin the fight.

"Watch out Elinor. That hardwood ha ha!"

Andoran

Harlynn gives another try with the acid, but it is in vain. Larayn looks for an opening to help Seneca, but holds back as the chitinous swarm still follows Asmodeus' son. Aidan watches Narnel in horror as he grabs the oil, but thinks, "Surely an elf would not start a fire here." Thurzhan stands by. Bryndyn is unsettled by his arrows lack of effect and tries to think of another strategy, when Narnel throws the flask. The burning oil hits squarely and the scream and hiss of the inscents is plain to hear. At his action, Aidan races to get water. Now the centipedes react, and they roil and turn on themselves, and thier charge is stopped because of the fire. And then they flee, going back the way they came.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Thankfully for Seneca, he seems able to shake off any further ill affect. Larayn moves in to tend his wounds while while Abbas and Elinor rejoin the group.


Male Half Orc Bloodrager (Rageshaper, Draconic) 4 (HP 40/40, AC 20/T10/FF 20, CMD 16, F 6, R 1, W 2, Perception +7, Init +0)

The towering half orc moves toward the flames, using his big feet to stop it out now that the swarm has passed. He didn't quite know what to think of the rest of these people. Forming a bond with those who went to the herbalist was easy, these new people might be a bit more difficult. That wizard could spit like he did, but didn't seem to appreciate the similarity. That elf seems to not mind making an enemy of Aidan. That woman seemed to get along with Abbas, so they couldn't all be bad. Maybe these things had to take a little time...

He remained silent to watch the rest of the group's reactions.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel just stares at Aidan for a few minutes and shakes his head in disgust. He turns to head back to the road saying loudly so that all can hear.

Let's get back on the path to the hole. Dire situations call for whatever is necessary to stay alive and complete the task.


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

Aidan seems to either not notice or ignore the glare, but the Sabertooth gives the elf a long, icy look.


Stats:
AC 19/12/17 CMD 16 HP 24/30 F+7 R+3 W+10 Init +1 Per +5

Seneca returns to the rest, while rubbing at the little bites all over his flesh. "Ah, Prince of Darkness, heal your servant so he may continue in your service." Casts cure light wounds. 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

"That was a close call. Any of you with experience in the wood have any idea what caused such a large group of them to come together like that? I've never seen anything like it."

Andoran

Knowledge Nature DC 15:
Indeed, Seneca is right, there is something unnatural about what you just experienced.

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

fell extremely ill over the last 3 days - sorry no input... will catch up


Male Half Orc Bloodrager (Rageshaper, Draconic) 4 (HP 40/40, AC 20/T10/FF 20, CMD 16, F 6, R 1, W 2, Perception +7, Init +0)

Noting the uneasiness between the elf and the druid, a good change of subject seemed like a fair plan. "If this were caused by someone around here, perhaps they are still around." Pluchak takes a quick look around him.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

"Well done sweetheart," says Elinor to Narnel, tossing her unused torch back into the cart, "I have real trouble with anything with more legs than my horse. Brrrghh." She shudders. "At least this lot were smaller than my horse."


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel winks at Elinor.

No problem, Eli.


Stats:
AC 19/12/17 CMD 16 HP 24/30 F+7 R+3 W+10 Init +1 Per +5

"I guess not. Perhaps we should move on?"


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Agreed

Andoran

And so the group goes, having not seen anything in the night. And the rest of the trip to the Devil's Hole is uneventful.

As the group approaches they see on the ground the bodies of three enormous spiders whose homes were at one time in the canapy of the trees. The trees themselves a ghostly image of gossamyr tendrils flowing slightly in the wind. But here is it dark, and quiet.

And before you is the hole, like a maw opening into the belly of some gargantuan beast.

Please let me know what you are planning here. Who is going and in what order and how.

651 to 700 of 3,166 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Storm in Isger: Clouds on the Horizon All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.