Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Storm in Isger

Game Master Sigil


501 to 550 of 3,177 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Stats:
AC 19/12/17 CMD 16 HP 24/30 F+7 R+3 W+10 Init +1 Per +5

Seneca arrives in time to hear Taedric's final words, "No, I lived through that horror once. I'm still not entirely sure how. But I remember flames and screams and being very, very afraid." He shakes his head to clear it. "A net Abbas? Perhaps. Did you see signs? Their ogre could have done it too. Perhaps there were more. It seemed there was great anger toward her too. Just a fierce fight. Or does that represent a clue as well?"

Andoran

On Aidans words, and certainly the followup, Yancar's sour look instantly brightens. See this, this is good. What stone? What net? Then he adds as an awkward afterthought, Through all this you are all okay, right?

Cheliax

K'uhulajaw, Init +5, AC20/13/17, Hits 24/24, Perception -1

"Ogre had no net. Goblins had net - 'member not then but on the road."

Andoran

While the party eats, Yancar suddenly looks up and says, Wait, there were more than one group returned and only one at my table! Deiter! and a young boy of perhaps ten appears. Go find the others that returned last night and make sure they come to have food as well.

Turning his attention back to you, he says, Eat, be strong, but also tell me what you know! I can tell you that of the three groups I outfitted 2 have returned. Vysni and his party are not back yet, but I think they did not expect to be. And you, look at you. A simple trip down the road, and should have been first back and you were second, but that is how these things go, no? So what about a stone and a net? An ogre too? Do you think we need fear an attack? Surely not in the town, right?


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel walks into Yancar's with a rather tired, yet very happy group of adventurers from the Devil's Hole. The group soon breaks into a raucous early morning celebration as drinks are passed around.

Narnel, seated next to Elinor, raises his glass to all.

A fine adventure! Well done, all!

After listening intently to Elinor's words, he turns beet red, but gets up the nerve to eventually respond.

Elinor, my lady, it would truly be my pleasure to accompany you upstairs after we complete the celebration. I have been dying to see what lies under that armor.

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

The large Lizardman comes down the steps a bit more unsteady than his norm. He still sports many bandages and is physically beat up from the vents of the last day. Still, it is a milky look in his eyes that catch your attention. That and his spines that normally splay out rigidly are now curved, mirroring his distracted appearance.

He sees Narnel and Elinor sitting near the other group and he moves over to them in time to hear the completion of what seems to be a mating ritual. Even this fails to bring a smile to his toothy maw.

I think we need to go back he states slowly, before thudding to a seat and beginning to break his fast on the food arrayed on the table.


Taedric Vitals:
(HP: 42/42; AC: 22 /12/21; CMD: 13; Fort +8, Ref: +3, Will: +2 [+4 vs. fear or illusions], Percept: +5 [Low-Light], Init: +1)
Male Gnome Cavalier (Emissary) of the Shield: 4
Trumps Vitals:
(HP: 35/35; AC: 22 /14/18; CMD: 19 [23 vs. trip]; Fort +7, Ref: +7 [evasion], Will: +2, Percept: +7 [Scent, Low-Light], Init: +2)

Taedric looks to Yancar and says, "These goblins are well-organized. Last time such a thing happened, there was a terrible war, and so, yes, I do think we need be ready for an attack upon the town."

He nods as members of the second group arrive, "Good morrow. I'm glad to hear of your safe return."


Stats:
AC 19/12/17 CMD 16 HP 24/30 F+7 R+3 W+10 Init +1 Per +5

Seneca looks back and forth, slightly confused the the effusive joy or relief of Narnel and Elinor contrasted with the concern of Bryndyn. "I can't begin to guess your tale. Ours is drenched in the blood of goblins and their ilk. We pray this is not a sign of returning war, but fear that it may be."

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn looks at Seneca and shakes his head. "our quest to find the dagger was successful, but has woken the spirits of the place. We have an obligation to return and set things right. Even the others do not know this," he says, looking at his recent companions. " I had an encounter with a haunt, and he bade me set things right for himself and his bretherin while shutting others back into the hell that was intended for them."


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Right, we return after a nights sleep and with full numbers. . Other than the drinks Harlynn will attempt to gain a bed companion for the evening.

it will take me to at least the weekend till I can update my character sheet

Andoran

Just to be clear... It is the next morning and we are discussing these items over breakfast.


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Elinor is dressed in a light dress and sandals, the kind of thing you can just throw on in the morning, and she looks a bit tousled like she maybe didn't get as much sleep as she should have. She has that "I need my morning coffee" look before they invented coffee (a morning ale instead?), and eats breakfast voraciously - though perhaps not quite as enthusiastically as Pluchak. In between (and sometimes during) mouthfuls relating valiant battles against an army of bandits, Sven the pony's narrow escape from being devoured by spiders as big as a cart, the bowels of the earth swarming with maggots that could snap a leg clean off with one bite and an army of undead warriors. Off and on she breaks into song, her strong voice bringing valiant strokes and grievous wounds to life. Tragically there is a presumably fallen comrade, Nicodemus appears to have met with misadventure on his return journey.

"If we run across Jad again, we're applying Jeddart laa, nay giving his lying tongue a chance to beg for mercy."

When Bryndyn mentions the haunt and the need to return she pauses.

"I'm wounded enow, but I left me hammer there and should go back fer it if there's nay other need."

She doesn't look overjoyed at the prospect.

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn listens to Elinor and nods. "you are a trueborn warrior for sure, Elinor. Your valor yesterday was sincerely appreciated." He looks at everyone gathered around. "I was visited by the haunt. In a sudden moment, my head was filled of images I couldn't explain. But overnight, I came to sort out that the Haunt was a shaman, and he wanted us to lay him and his brethrin to a proper rest. For doing this, we will be allowed to take their treasure. The skeletons we saw, they are a different story. They were condemned to that fate. For them, we need to keep them condemned." He makes a rumble sound from his gullet and you realize that might just be a burb. He adds, "I need more healing, however, if I am to make the journey again soon."

Cheliax

K'uhulajaw, Init +5, AC20/13/17, Hits 24/24, Perception -1

Seeing that Yancar is a bit outnumbered and needs his table, Abbas gets up and starts serving from the kitchen and cleaning the tables.

Busy time for everyone.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel adds...

A bit of healing and a sound rest today and overnight tonight...

he winks at Elinor...

...should get us where we need to be to head back tomorrow morning. By the way, who gets the dagger? I was not injured. So, I could take it to the appropriate person today.


Male Half Orc Bloodrager (Rageshaper, Draconic) 4 (HP 40/40, AC 20/T10/FF 20, CMD 16, F 6, R 1, W 2, Perception +7, Init +0)

Pluchak, engrossed in the conversation found his plate to be empty, and his mouth to be empty as well. He spoke up, finally able to contribute without spitting food particles on everyone nearby. "We should be off to the Lady so we can grant her the things she asked for. She may yet have another errand for us."

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

"I think we are all well enough to do that." Bryndyn agrees.


Taedric Vitals:
(HP: 42/42; AC: 22 /12/21; CMD: 13; Fort +8, Ref: +3, Will: +2 [+4 vs. fear or illusions], Percept: +5 [Low-Light], Init: +1)
Male Gnome Cavalier (Emissary) of the Shield: 4
Trumps Vitals:
(HP: 35/35; AC: 22 /14/18; CMD: 19 [23 vs. trip]; Fort +7, Ref: +7 [evasion], Will: +2, Percept: +7 [Scent, Low-Light], Init: +2)

Taedric nods, "And, to be fair, we should pass along the tales of what's happened as well."


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Harlynn calls for an errand boy. When one arrives he places a note and a silver peice in his hand. He quietly tells the boy This is for Hellknights eyes only. Deliver it at once to (Orim ?)

note:
We met much opposition on the way to the devil's hole. Bandits, Lizard folk, spiders, Ghlurb and more. Undead armies are amassing. What are your orders?


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

I agree with Pluchak, the druid says in a voice that brooks no argument; that is what he is doing. He stands, thanks Yancar for the meal, and walks out of the house. His tawny companion attends him immediately as he walks aside the streets.


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

All right then, should we be off to visit the Lady, then?

Narnel makes for the door, dagger in hand...


Taedric Vitals:
(HP: 42/42; AC: 22 /12/21; CMD: 13; Fort +8, Ref: +3, Will: +2 [+4 vs. fear or illusions], Percept: +5 [Low-Light], Init: +1)
Male Gnome Cavalier (Emissary) of the Shield: 4
Trumps Vitals:
(HP: 35/35; AC: 22 /14/18; CMD: 19 [23 vs. trip]; Fort +7, Ref: +7 [evasion], Will: +2, Percept: +7 [Scent, Low-Light], Init: +2)

Taedric stands in his chair, then leaps onto Trumps' back. "As do I," he says, riding to catch up to the Half-Orc and Druid.


Male Half Orc Bloodrager (Rageshaper, Draconic) 4 (HP 40/40, AC 20/T10/FF 20, CMD 16, F 6, R 1, W 2, Perception +7, Init +0)

Pluchak leaves along with the druid, but sticks his head back in the door, "Abbas! We're leaving, bring the food with!"

Andoran

And so this mtley group, move toward the tower. In the distance, Orms watches the group but does not approach. Garrick and his men are nowhere to be seen.

The gate is open, the door is not.


Stats:
AC 19/12/17 CMD 16 HP 24/30 F+7 R+3 W+10 Init +1 Per +5

Seneca follows toward the back of the group. "I may be able to help those of that are injured, but let us see the lady first." Upon arriving at the tower, he waits patiently to see who will call the lady.


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

Aidan sure as hell doesn't go straight to the tower in broad friggen daylight, they're supposed to be on a SECRET mission of sorts. He's headed off to find one of those damn pigeons so it can take a message to her, and meet in secret elsewhere; otherwise he'll call on her tower without the small army at his back, thankyouverymuch.

Andoran

I assumed too much. Please let me take my post back.


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

If everyone else does, it still applies I suppose, but Aidan won't be in attendance and they're be a redundant pigeon halfway through the meeting.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Harlynn keeps toward the back of the group as to appear if he had nothing to do with the group. On the way he gives a slight nod to Orms and continues about his business.

DM:
Spells memorized for the day 0: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, and Read Magic 1: Color Spray, Comprehend Languages, Obscuring Mists, and Summon Monster I

Cheliax

K'uhulajaw, Init +5, AC20/13/17, Hits 24/24, Perception -1

"Got food." Abbas tells Pluchak showing the buttered maize cakes. The warrior walks right in and bangs on the door wwith his staff. He looks back at the others and smiles, happy to be useful.

"Look you see I got a magic staff "


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

Well, I'm not going in my nightshirt and I'm more-or-less with the tree hugger. I'd suggest we let her know we've been successful by carrier pigeon and wait to see how she wants to progress. On the other hand, I can get dressed and made up in a comparitively short time (like, in time for lunch at the tower) so will travel along with if necessary.

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

Bryndyn follows Elinor's example of getting ready...but it is slow and painful. You can tell he's probably at about quarter capacity right now...

hint hint healing hint hint


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Narnel hangs around patiently when he discovers that Elinor and Bryndyn need some time to prepare and will not be leaving immediately.

Go ahead without me and the dagger for now. We will be along after our group has gathered itself accordingly.

Cheliax

K'uhulajaw, Init +5, AC20/13/17, Hits 24/24, Perception -1

Before he leaves, Abbas greets the wounded lizardfolk and hands him a bottle of fresh water, he touches the man gently on the shoulder and wishes him well.

Abbas has clear blue eyes and they shine with innocence and kindness.

"Your wounds look bad, wash them clean I should."


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)
Bryndyn wrote:


hint hint healing hint hint

"Water? You need something stronger than that my scaly friend."

She ensures that more ale is brought and her blue-grey eyes meet his slitted pupils.

"I don't think you're the only one to have come away from that hole with something extra."

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Hope that helps. Have fourteen hit points back.


Stats:
AC 19/12/17 CMD 16 HP 24/30 F+7 R+3 W+10 Init +1 Per +5

Bryndyn, I think that probably brings you up to full health or close, but if not, let me know and I'll cast cure light wounds to heal you a bit more.


Male Half Orc Bloodrager (Rageshaper, Draconic) 4 (HP 40/40, AC 20/T10/FF 20, CMD 16, F 6, R 1, W 2, Perception +7, Init +0)

Pluchak followed the druid wherever he was going. He watches as Aidan prepares a carrier pigeon and sends off the message. Noticing that people haven't come with, he recalls that they were supposed to be a bit clandestine. It was good that his friends were better prepared for this sort of thing than he was, he didn't do subtlety very well.

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

I am good now, my thanks

Andoran

All right, I am actually making charts to see where everyone is. *fist shake* I have Abbas and Seneca going to the Lady Harlynn trailing somewhat, with Aidan, Pluchak and Taedric, trying to catch her attention with a carrier pigeon (she would need to be used to this form of communication, and have pigeons ready to go to her. she does have pigeons, but locating one that needs to return might be difficult, or you need some magic to make this work), Narnel and Bryndyn and Elinor are finishing their meal, and getting ready for the day. Narnel has the knife, and Aidan has the flower. Did I do that right? *is dizzy*

Abbas' bold knock brings a servant (the middle aged woman from the night before), who brings Jagger. The odious man invites you in. Once the door closes, he asks in a somewhat excited voice, "Do you have the things you were sent to get?"

Harlynn:
Orms does not offer you any acknowledgement, but it could be that he did not see you at the distance he was at.

A,P and T how are you proceeding?

B, E and N enjoy your breakfast! While you eat, Yancar tries repeatedly to engage you, and is interested in all manner of minutiae from your adventure if you are willing to share (please let me know what if anything you share)


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

Yes, you did, so far as I'm concerned.
Aidan has a relaxing afternoon picnic, the only anomaly being the blatant absence of his brother cat, and the irresistible corn and seed laid in front of him. In fact, Aidan spent most of his time studying the thermals, and the motions of the people- any pigeon wanting for a respite and a meal would be sure to stop nearby.

He's quite sure one tiny paper wouldn't be too much to add, and reading the various missives might prove educational.


Stats:
AC 19/12/17 CMD 16 HP 24/30 F+7 R+3 W+10 Init +1 Per +5

My head is spinning a bit too. Might I suggest we all back it up to before going to the tower since obviously there was disagreement over that as a course of action. Perhaps we should start over again where Pluchak says "We should be off to the Lady so we can grant her the things she asked for. She may yet have another errand for us."


Male Half Orc Bloodrager (Rageshaper, Draconic) 4 (HP 40/40, AC 20/T10/FF 20, CMD 16, F 6, R 1, W 2, Perception +7, Init +0)

Here's what I was thinking. I was going to follow Aidan out after making the statment, expecting him to go to the tower, when he didn't I was going to ask what he was doing and why we weren't going to the tower. He had totally forgotten that they were on a secret mission and they could be followed. I was hoping to do a little back and forth about it and he would have easily been persuaded to a different strategy.

I think we can fix it without a ret-con by having Aidan all lead us to the meadow for a picnic. Picking it up from there should be relatively easy, I think.

Pluchak sat in the meadow a fair bit away from Aidan and his corn. He didn't know exactly what was going on, and so he asked, but quietly, since it seemed as if Aidan was trying to be quiet for some reason. Aidan, what's going on, I thought we were going somewhere else. Don't we have a delivery to make?


A: AC 15/11/15; hp 35/35; F+7 R+1 W+7; Per+7 T: AC 22/14/18; hp 26/26; F+5 R+7 W+3; Per+6

Aidan holds up the letter he composed hastily. Aye, of sorts. The wind is silent, and is not barred by any iron, nor the men clad in it.


Male Half Orc Bloodrager (Rageshaper, Draconic) 4 (HP 40/40, AC 20/T10/FF 20, CMD 16, F 6, R 1, W 2, Perception +7, Init +0)

Pluchak was glad that Aidan wasn't looking at him because he felt like a bit of a slackjawed idiot for a moment. Then it dawned on him. Aidan felt like we shouldn't just let any of their would-be detainers know that they were going to see the lady, no matter how loud the half-orc was about that earlier. Suddenly he felt pretty sheepish. "Fine idea." He looked around a bit, "Where's Abbas with my food? I thought he was right behind me...


F Human Fighter 2/Bard 2 (HP32/32 AC 27 Ft+4 Rf+4 Wl+3 Pcp +7)

I can't remember whether Yancar was in the know at all, so I will regale him with tales of heroism in the fight against the bandits and complain about the size of the local spiders - usually I can hit a spider with my shoe and expect it to stop wriggling. I won't even mention the Devil's Hole let alone anything we found in it. I will, however, mention Jad and see if Yancar has anything to add/knows anything about this miscreant.

Once dressed (in good quality day wear, not my party frock), made up and fed I'll see if I can find the picnic, and bring drinks since these always run out. I'll try to arrange for my armour to be cleaned and repaired since it took a bit of a battering, but as ever, I'll wear my sword.

GM and Narnel:
I'll also run a detect magic over the dagger, spellcraft 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Harlynn still waiting for his group to depart speaks up to Elinor, Narnel, and Bryndyn. I think I have waited long enough might I see the dagger to see what properties it possesses?


Male Elf Slayer/4; AC: 20, T:16 , FF: 15; HP: 26/33; F:+4, R:+8, W:+1, Perc:+7; Init:+6

Absolutely, here you are. What do we have?

Narnel lays the dagger on the table for inspection by the others. After the inspection, he agrees to join everyone else at the picnic with Elinor.

Let me give you a hand with those drinks, my lady.

Cheliax

K'uhulajaw, Init +5, AC20/13/17, Hits 24/24, Perception -1

Right - let's see if Abbas can retcon.

Abbas stares at the excited servant in the doorway and slowly shakes his head from left to right - answering the question literally. He turns to Sen- and Plu-...where be them?

Abbas walks back down the garden path and looks left and right, scratching his head. He hears the servant ask again, same question.

"No things. Now lost friends. Big green man and littler priest. You seen them? They run past me?"

A few seconds later he adds, "You see Pluchak and Seneca tell them I is looking for them."

Abbas goes back to Yancar's looking puzzled and like he has checked his pockets many times but still wants to check again. The warrior keeps squinting up the road in case they are following him. Abbas eventually pops into the store and tries to find out where everyone went.


Female Human (HP 18/18, AC 13/T12/FF 11, CMD 13, F 1, R 5, W 5, Perception +3, Init +2)

Harlynn stairs for a moment at the dagger. The pupils of his eyes slowly dilating and taking over the iris and eventually the full eye and then a spark comes in. Hr blinks only to have them return to normal.

Detect magic cast
Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Qadira

Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk 1/Ranger 3;AC: 20, T:11, FF: 20; HP 31/49; F:+9, R+4, W: +1, Init + 1; Perc+8 (add +2 terrain +2 undead)

I thought we were all in agreement in seeing the lady...it was the next course of action we disagreed with

501 to 550 of 3,177 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Storm in Isger: Clouds on the Horizon All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.