Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Stolen Lands (Inactive)

Game Master Akinra


251 to 300 of 1,008 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

HP 21 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +5 | Per +7 Human Gunslinger (Pistolero) 2

Sergei stops a moment to stare off into the woods, and then cranes his ear towards it. He shakes it off and continues to advance towards Inuki so the fool bard doesn't get himself killed so far ahead. He expertly loads his pistol as he creeps forward towards Inuki.

Move Action to move 30' forward, and then Standard Action to load the pistol.


Male Human, Ranger (Wild Stalker) HP 19/19 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 18 | F+4 | R +6 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Jutmon continues forward to where Inuki is. He tries to keep low and use the trees for cover when he can.

Stealth +3


Kitsune Bard 2 (HP 13/13, AC 16/T 13/FF 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 6, Will 2,

Inuki continues to watch from his hiding place. If nothing happens this round, I will approach close enough to use Sleep on the lookout.

Holding action until something happens. I will be traveling tomorrow so just bot me if necessary.

Sczarni Star Voter 2014

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Round 2 Summary
Roga 140' from Inuki;
Sergei is 80' from Inuki;
Nareth 10' from Inuki;
Jutmon 50' from Inuki.

Perception:

Inuki Talespinner: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Jutmon Symber: Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Nareth: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Roga Beastfriend: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Sergei Surtova : Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

GM Screen:

Check: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Percentile: 1d100 ⇒ 95
Alphabetical: 1d5 ⇒ 2
1 is Inuki, 2 is Roga: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Feet (in squares) from Jutmon, towards Inuki: 1d10 ⇒ 7

Initiatives:

Inuki Talespinner: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Jutmon Symber: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Nareth: Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Roga Beastfriend: Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Sergei Surtova : Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Inuki, Jutmon, Nareth, Sergei:

Inuki, as you turn around, a large green skinned bestial humanoid slips from the woods at an amazing pace. It to be stalking Nareth, moving very quickly, the giant ends his movement just five feet to his rear. Nareth feels the hot, rancid breath on his back at roughly the same time the creature is spotted by Jutmon and Sergei.

Inuki:
Dice=Knowledge]1d20[/DIce]
Troll
This tall creature has rough, green hide. Its hands end in claws, and its bestial face has a hideous, tusked underbite.

TROLL CR 5

CE Large humanoid (giant)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +8
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 14; (+2 Dex, +5 natural, –1 size)
hp 63 (6d8+36); regeneration 5 (acid or fire)
Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +3
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee bite +8 (1d8+5), 2 claws +8 (1d6+5)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks rend (2 claws, 1d6+7)
STATISTICS
Str 21, Dex 14, Con 23, Int 6, Wis 9, Cha 6
Base Atk +4; CMB +10; CMD 22
Feats Intimidating Prowess, Iron Will, Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Intimidate +9, Perception +8
Languages Giant
ECOLOGY
Environment cold mountains
Organization solitary or gang (2–4)

Trolls possess incredibly sharp claws and amazing regenerative powers, allowing them to recover from nearly any wound. They are stooped, fantastically ugly, and astonishingly strong—combined with their claws, their strength allows them to literally tear apart flesh to feed their voracious appetites. Trolls stand about 14 feet tall, but their hunched postures often make them appear shorter. An adult troll weighs around 1,000 pounds.

A troll's appetite and its regenerative powers make it a fearless combatant, ever prepared to charge headlong at the nearest living creature and attack with all of its fury. Only fire seems to cause a troll to hesitate, but even this mortal threat is not enough to stop a troll's advance. Those who commonly battle with trolls know to locate and burn any pieces after a fight, for even the smallest scrap of flesh can regrow a full-size troll given enough time. Fortunately, only the largest part of a troll regrows in this way.

Despite their cruelty in combat, trolls are surprisingly tender and kind to their own young. Female trolls work as a group, spending a great deal of time teaching young trolls to hunt and fend for themselves before sending them off to find their own territories. A male troll tends to live a solitary existence, partnering with a female for only a brief time to mate. All trolls spend most of their time hunting for food, as they must consume vast amounts each day or face starvation. Due to this need, most trolls stake out large territories as their own, and fights between rivals are quite common. While these are usually nonlethal, trolls are aware of each others' weaknesses and will use such knowledge to kill their own kind if food is scarce.
Initiative => Troll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Begin Round 3

Gm Screen Pt. 2:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Order:

Sergei
???????
Jutmon
Roga (Once he is aware)
??t??
??d??
Inuki
Nareth

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

Well than, Nareth is caught a little flat footed. I shall see you all at the end of the round lol


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kitsune Bard 2 (HP 13/13, AC 16/T 13/FF 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 6, Will 2,

"Troll!" Inuki yells out a warning as Nareth turns around. He begins chanting and a swaying dance in an attempt to distract the troll.

Performance: Fascinate

Not sure if I can do that before he attacks. If he attacks before I can perform, I will sing to Inspire Courage.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

When my turn comes up eventually...
Nareth takes a moment to breath, then takes a step away from the troll, casting 'sanctuary' on himself and going full defensive, also pulling his spiked chain out "Well than, let's dance shall we?"


HP 21 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +5 | Per +7 Human Gunslinger (Pistolero) 2

"What the bloody hell is that!? Get away!" He turns and moves at double speed back to his horse. He shouts at Roga as he comes into view, "Someone large and foul burst from the forest!" He points into the night towards where Inuki and the others are.


Kitsune Bard 2 (HP 13/13, AC 16/T 13/FF 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 6, Will 2,

See my discussion post but if you need my action now...considering how close he is...
Inuki moves 30' directly away from the troll (draw bow). Looking back and seeing Nareth, he turns and fires his longbow at the troll, hoping to distract the monstrous creature.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

"I highly doubt we can fight a troll!" Nareth yells loudly while watching the troll closely

Sczarni Star Voter 2014

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Round 3a

Combat: through Troll:

1d2: 1- Nareth 2-Nareth Horse: 1d2 ⇒ 2
to Hit, Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: Claw: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
to Hit, Claw 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage: Claw: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
to Hit, Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Miss

Horse at an even -10hp

Horse (DC 20): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Horse is stable

Perception (DC -10): 1d20 - 11 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) - 11 - 1 + 2 = 1 -11 Distance, -1 Wis, +2 Favorable Conditions, Sergei warned you.

"Rooooagh" the troll bellows as his claws tear into horse flesh.

A loud, horrendous sound, somewhere between a whinny and a shriek floods from the horse's lungs as his wides go wide in terror for just a moment before the poor beast is torn in twain.

The sounds of the troll, the horse dying, and Sergei's yell alert Roga to the creatures presence.

Perception:

Inuki Talespinner: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Jutmon Symber: Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Nareth: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Roga Beastfriend: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Sergei Surtova : Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Sergei:

Looking back over your shoulder as you retreat, you notice that the wooden platform in the trees is gone. Completely vanished. There is also a noticeable lack of laughter at the moment.

Hurray for Nareth's coin flip. Poor horse. Anyone who wants to revisit planned actions who act after the troll, please feel free to do so."

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

Well than, thank you horse. -10 huh? can't even save him :( but luckily i get an action before the same thing happens to me...

Nareth silently thanks the horse and flees towards his party members, full retreat


Kitsune Bard 2 (HP 13/13, AC 16/T 13/FF 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 6, Will 2,

Inuki bravely runs away in the direction of the party, avoiding the troll if he is in the way.


Male Human, Ranger (Wild Stalker) HP 19/19 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 18 | F+4 | R +6 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Jutmon takes the opportunity to escape as well, he only hopes that the troll will feed on the horse rather than pursue.

If not, well Jutmon does have a flask of alchemical fire. Though he doubts, that there is enough flame, to burn the troll away completely.


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

I love killing horses instead of PCs. My PCs horses usually only last one encounter. The mount spell is their friend.

Roga will ride over to Sergei's mount and untie its reigns. Then he will attempt to keep the beast calm while he waits for the others to ride back.

Inuki, can you turn into a fox? If so, doing that now might be a good idea. Then we could fit two people and a fox on one horse.

Sczarni Star Voter 2014

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Jutmon breaks into a dead run back towards the last known location of Roga and the horses. (90') Making the distance in just six seconds. As the troll turns to glare at the fleeing mage, it is suddenly encased in a dense black cloud. Nareth follows the leads of the others, as the beast in the black fog roars angrily. Silent Inage, source ????. Thankfully, the creature is unable to see Nareth as he moves past. Noticing the quick escape made by the priest, Inuki follows his lead, singing of the brave Sir Robin as he sprints past the troll, and overtakes the priest. (Now 50' from Roga.)

You are down to just three horses:

  • Nareth: 20' base move, run x3 = 60', 60' until you get to Roga
  • Inuki 30' base move, run x3 = 90', 50' to Roga.
  • Jutmon 30' base move, run x3 = 90', all the way back to Roga
  • Sergei 30' base move, Double move = 60' Sergei also makes it back to Roga.


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

"Lets get outta here!" Roga says to his newly returned companions.


Male Human, Ranger (Wild Stalker) HP 19/19 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 18 | F+4 | R +6 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Whew! Not used to running. Jutmon takes a deep breath. Ah. At least we only lost a horse.

The Wizard nods his head in agreement with Roga. Indeed.


Kitsune Bard 2 (HP 13/13, AC 16/T 13/FF 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 6, Will 2,

Traveling today, bot me if necessary. I can't (yet) turn into a fox, unfortunately.

Inuki will try to get away from the troll and onto a horse. Once on the horse, detect magic to try to figure out what is going on.

Sczarni Star Voter 2014

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Will save: Troll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Perception: Troll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
75% He is happy to feast on horse: 1d100 ⇒ 42

As the party gathers together some 100 feet from a troll feasting ravenously on the carcass of a horse, it becomes obvious that this may not be a safe place to stay.

Perception:

Inuki Talespinner: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Jutmon Symber: Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Nareth: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Roga Beastfriend: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Sergei Surtova : Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Roga, you seem to be the leader at this point for wilderness navigation. The troll is southeast. You have three hours travel time left today. Your movement speed will be limited to 20 or 30' depending on who takes the horses remaining.


Male Human, Ranger (Wild Stalker) HP 19/19 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 18 | F+4 | R +6 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Jutmon doesn't mind walking. The ground makes a far more stable platform, for spellcasting than does a saddle.

The troll ate the bandits? Jutmon wonders. And where did that black cloud come from?

The Wizard frowns. I was hoping we could find Svetlana's ring, but seems like our path is a dead end.


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

"Seems to me like we were tricked. The bandit in the tree just disappeared. Probably an illusion to begin with, presumably from the same person who created that black cloud. Who knows. I still have hope of finding the bandits, it just might take longer than we thought. For now, lets get away from this troll."

I guess lets head NW, exploring as we go. Run for a few rounds until we get away from the troll, and then slow down. If we don't find anything make a camp in three hours.

Sczarni Star Voter 2014

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

It will take some time to fully explore a hex, depending on the hex type, I put a link to exploration times required, and a link to the map of the greenbelt in the Campaign Info tab. Take a look, and mark where you are headed.


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

Is that grey scroll thing the cave? I marked the route in red on the map, the hexes shaded red should be fully explored. The first bit just travel. I realize this will take a long time (many days) but that's okay. We can always cancel and head back if something comes up. It'll be useful to have mapped the territory near Oleg's anyway.

Sczarni Star Voter 2014

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Day 1:
Travelling Northwest into the forest, you spend 3 days exploring the area thoroughly. Yes, the grey scroll thing is the cave you found.

Hex 1:

Day 1.
Day Random Encounter (95-100): 1d100 ⇒ 66 No.
Night Random Encounter (80-100): 1d100 ⇒ 78 No.
80-100: 1d100 ⇒ 87 no.

Survival: Nareth:: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Survival: Jutmon:: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Survival: Inuki:: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Survival: Sergei:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Survival: Roga:: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Day 2
Day Random Encounter (95-100): 1d100 ⇒ 82 No.
Night Random Encounter (80-100): 1d100 ⇒ 76 No.
60-100: 1d100 ⇒ 58 no

Survival: Nareth:: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Survival: Jutmon:: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Survival: Inuki:: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Survival: Sergei:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Survival: Roga:: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Day 3.
Day Random Encounter (95-100): 1d100 ⇒ 12 No.
Night Random Encounter (80-100): 1d100 ⇒ 18 No.
40-100: 1d100 ⇒ 2 no

Survival: Nareth:: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Survival: Jutmon:: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Survival: Inuki:: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Survival: Sergei:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Survival: Roga:: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Hex 2:

Day 1
Day Random Encounter (95-100): 1d100 ⇒ 82 No.
Night Random Encounter (80-100): 1d100 ⇒ 97 Yes.
??: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Survival: Nareth:: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Survival: Jutmon:: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Survival: Inuki:: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Survival: Sergei:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Survival: Roga:: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Day Random Encounter (95-100): 1d100 ⇒ 40 No.
Night Random Encounter (80-100): 1d100 ⇒ 3 No.

Day 2

Survival: Nareth:: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Survival: Jutmon:: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Survival: Inuki:: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Survival: Sergei:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Survival: Roga:: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Three days spent in the wilds yields nothing of particular import, but you are able to get a good mental impression (and if you have a journal, or atleast 10 pieces of paper and some writing instrument, a decent map of a large area of forest. Several species of fey appear from and disappear into the thickets and brambles. Several large species of trees seem to make up the woods including oaks, beech, rushleaf, and a wide variety of smaller scrub and brush. Pine trees are scattered here an there, but mostly limited to the higher elevations within the forest.

Game trails abound, and your tracker is able to identify elk, deer, bear and boar tracks on the criss crossing paths. Rabbits spring across your path on a regular basis making it an easy task to keep your all well fed throughout the days and nights. Luckily the weather seems to be more cooperative as well. Although it generally sprinkles in the evenings, it is nothing requiring any special care beyond those normally taken.

On the fourth day, as you move into the plains, everything seems to be going well until late on the first night: Pick your watches.


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

Roga will go for first watch.


Male Human, Ranger (Wild Stalker) HP 19/19 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 18 | F+4 | R +6 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Jutmon will take the final watch, he needs to study his books after everyone else gets up, anyway. He will not be studying while on watch however.


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

Nareth prays for spells at Midnight, so that puts him on second watch and Inuki on third.


Kitsune Bard 2 (HP 13/13, AC 16/T 13/FF 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 6, Will 2,

That was close!

Inuki is glad to not be troll food! He makes a mental note to get paper for mapping next time they are at Oleg's.

I don't know if I need uninterrupted sleep for spells, I will go whenever. I do have low-light vision so maybe near the middle if it doesn't affect my spells.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

IM ALIIIIVVEEE lol. yes nareth prays at midnight, so he'll take that watch


HP 21 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +5 | Per +7 Human Gunslinger (Pistolero) 2

"I will take whatever watch is needed."

Sczarni Star Voter 2014

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

watch list:

    First Watch:
  • Roga
    Second Watch:
  • Inuki
  • Nareth
    Third Watch:
  • Jutmon
  • Sergei
[/OOC]

Watch: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Perception:

Rather than make each person a separate DC, I just subtracted from the skill rather than add to the DC (10).
Inuki Talespinner: Perception: 1d20 - 15 ⇒ (12) - 15 = -3
Jutmon Symber: Perception: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (8) - 6 = 2
Nareth: Perception: 1d20 - 15 ⇒ (12) - 15 = -3
Roga Beastfriend: Perception: 1d20 - 19 ⇒ (11) - 19 = -8
Sergei Surtova : Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6

-8 (80 feet)
-10 if asleep
Source

Jutmon 1 and Sergei 2 are sitting just outside the ring of sleeping individuals, enjoying the warmth of the fire, when out of nowhere a boar appears and charges 1d2 ⇒ 2 Sergei. To HIt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12. Unaware of the boar, Sergei stands to prod the fire, and is surprised by the furry mass bolting past him in the pre dawn hour.

Initiatives:

Inuki Talespinner: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Jutmon Symber: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Nareth: Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Roga Beastfriend: Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Sergei Surtova : Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Boar: Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11


Initiative Order:
Before Boar: Jutmon, Roga, Sergei

Boar

After Boar: Nareth, Inuki

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

By the chained father... Nareth grabs his spiked chain, then scrambles to get up while examining the boar.

Im assuming that woke us up. Also nareth is looking if it's something other than just a boar, such as a magical beast

Sczarni Star Voter 2014

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Those not on third watch are assumed to be asleep.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

Oh i'm sorry I should have stated that more clearly. What I meant to ask was did the boar crashing into sergei wake us up?


HP 21 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +5 | Per +7 Human Gunslinger (Pistolero) 2

"Boar!" Sergei shouts in an effort to wake his companions as he draws his pistol and begins to load it.

Draw Pistol as Move Action, Load as Standard Action


Male Human, Ranger (Wild Stalker) HP 19/19 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 18 | F+4 | R +6 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

What the..! The boar was totally unexpected, but Jutmon recovers soon enough. He grabs his staff, then flings it at the boar; at the same time he speaks the word that allows him to control the stave with his mind. It is no mere flung implement, the Wizard controls it's flight with his mind.

Hand of the Apprentice: Ranged attack +2 (1d6+1 dmg)

Not sure if a two-handed weapon like a staff can be used with HotA, but nothing says you can't. At least not that I found.

Sczarni Star Voter 2014

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Dice:

DC=-10
Inuki Talespinner: Perception: 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (3) - 7 = -4
Nareth: Perception: 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (7) - 7 = 0
Roga Beastfriend: Perception: 1d20 - 11 ⇒ (14) - 11 = 3

To Hit: Jutmon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

To Hit: Boar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Justmon's staff flies past the boar's head before returning to the wizard, failing to connect. The boar catches a glimpse as the staff returns to Jutmon and turns on the mage who attempted to strike him. Switching targets so abruptly proves to have unbalanced the over sized hog, and he fails to connect. The clamor of the ensuing battle rouses all those sleeping.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12
Nareth wrote:

By the chained father... Nareth grabs his spiked chain, then scrambles to get up while examining the boar.

nareth is looking if it's something other than just a boar, such as a magical beast

This will be my action. Also i have a lowered AC because I don't sleep with my scale mail on


Kitsune Bard 2 (HP 13/13, AC 16/T 13/FF 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 6, Will 2,

Inuki hears the clamor and opens his eyes to see the back end of a large pig. He rolls from his sleeping bag and stands up (move) and speaks a word to Daze the boar (standard action).


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

Roga leaps to his feet, and grabbing his lance from his bedside and moving to Midnight.

Sczarni Star Voter 2014

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Round Summary

A large boar charges the camp in the early pre dawn hours. Luck favors the prepared. Sergei and Jutmon manage to survive completely unscathed as the rest of the party awakens, and each grabs their weapon of choice.

Begin Round 2.

Initiative Order:
Before Boar: Jutmon, Roga, Sergei
After Boar: Nareth, Inuki


Male Human, Ranger (Wild Stalker) HP 19/19 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 18 | F+4 | R +6 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Jutmon realizes that he is not as good with the 'Hand of the Apprentice' as his practice had led him to believe.
It leaves him with decisions to make. Should he strike, and hope they can bring the boar down, before it can attack him again? Or should he defend himself? The boar should find it very hard, to get at him through the defense, provided by his magic shield.

Jutmon makes his decision in an instant. The familiar silver bolt, tinged with purple, shoots from his hand and finds the boar.

Casts Magic missile. (1d4+1)


HP 21 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +5 | Per +7 Human Gunslinger (Pistolero) 2

Sergei will move to get as close as possible then level his pistol at the beast and the woods are filled with the thunder of the black-powder.

Move to be within 30' of the boar then fire the pistol. Ranged Attack @ Point Blank: +6; Damage 1d8+1

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

I'll wait to post my action until after the boar acts


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

Roga mounts up on midnight, and guiding the horse with his knees moves to attack the boar with his lance.

Charge if possible, power attack the boar.

Sczarni Star Voter 2014

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Round 2:

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
To Hit: Roga (Charge): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage:Roga: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 4) + 8 = 20
To Hit: Sergei: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: Sergei: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Poor boar. Jutmon's magic missile was a powerful as he has ever managed to conjure, striking the boar square in the head. As the creature turns his attention again towards the mage, a thundering mount appears to his flank, skewering him through and through. As his body begins to convulse, a hot leaden ball pierces his skull, immediately quashing his thrashing death throes.

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Roga is capable of salvaging enough meat to feed you all for a couple days.


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

"Have to love it when dinner provides itself." Roga says, after skinning the boar and chopping it up. "I guess there's no more point in trying to sleep now." He muses, sitting up around the fire with the other watchmen for the rest of the night.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

Nareth scrambles up, swearing when his chain gets caught and it takes him another moment to get up. As he turns around to fight the boar...he realizes his companions were more than capable. Heart pounding from the sudden adrenaline rush, Nareth breaths deeply to calm himself. "Well done all, the free dinner is appreciated"

Sczarni Star Voter 2014

1 person marked this as a favorite.
World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Continuing on with the exploration, you come across a band of natives with a vast sprawl of tempting foods laid out. Dozens of roasted birds, venison, elk, boar and rabbit are all turning on spits over the fires strewn about the encampment. Bread stuffing, a half dozen varieties of potatoes, several varied berry dishes ranging from jellies and compotes to plain mixes of raw varieties, roasted vegetables, pies, cakes, and even some fine ales cover at least twenty long tables. Spotting the fresh boar, several of the local wild folk approach.

"Welcome! Winter is almost upon us, so we are meeting to take a moment to relax, give thanks for our year, and prepare for the coming season. You are welcome to join us if you like. We can throw that boar in with the rest, and feast until dawn!"

Thirty or so of the other huntsmen of the greenbelt raise mugs singing loudly, and some drunkenly, from the field of casks and kegs of freedom and life as you enter the makeshift camp

Altogether you would guess there are at least one hundred, maybe twice that if you counted women and children.

"Oleg and Svetlana should be here within the hour with more kegs of ale and casks of wine. The bounty is yours to enjoy so as long as you are willing to share what you have. No fees, no dues, and best of all, No Taxes!"

At the last, a roar of "No Taxes" breaks from the gathered throngs.

"We are all free men," another chimes in before he is interrupted by the woman at his side, who adds, "And women..."

"We are all free men, and women. Treat us as such an we will return the favor."

If you should chose to spend the night celebrating, you will all eat better than you have in months, depart with enough food to last your group three days, and do nothing but nurse hangovers tomorrow.

251 to 300 of 1,008 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.