Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Stolen Lands (Inactive)

Game Master Akinra


151 to 200 of 1,008 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sczarni

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Oleg nods, handing over the potion in exchange for the gold. "For the javelins and spears... 70 arrows do you?"

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

"Thank you Oleg. We will be sure to come back and check up on you, make sure the bandits don't retaliate"

"Hmm, the best fake bandit. I can be imposing if I wish but I don't look like much of a wildman. Perhaps Roga?"


Male Human, Ranger (Wild Stalker) HP 19/19 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 18 | F+4 | R +6 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

She draws my attention, to things she sees, sometimes. Jutmon tells Inuki. Our minds are linked, but she is just a bird, so there is no high level of communication. She is definatly useful, but not to the level you were hoping for, I think.

Then the discussion turns to posing as bandits.

What does a bandit really look like? Jutmon grins impishly. Any one of us could be a bandit. The question is... Which of us is skilled at acting, or at tricking folk?

Jutmon shakes his head. I know it's not me.


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

"Sounds fair Oleg. Thank you. As for being a bandit, I might look like one but I'm not much of an actor. Also, do you really think that another of the Stag Lord's Lieutenant's would be fooled just because I'm wearing one of their amulets? They probably at least know who each other are."


Kitsune Bard 2 (HP 13/13, AC 16/T 13/FF 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 6, Will 2,

Inuki puts on the amulet. "I can try to fit in with them if the opportunity arises. The best ruses require some knowledge, though. What do we know of how these bandits are organized?"


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

"Not much. Apparently not well, since they all fled as soon as their leader fell."


HP 21 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +5 | Per +7 Human Gunslinger (Pistolero) 2

"Posing as a bandit may only gather us some limited information about how they operate when we can gain near as much information by finding them and watching them for a bit then capturing one of their numbers on a patrol or sentry mission, and it is far less dangerous for one of our numbers."

Sergei finds a place to lean against a wall if the discussion is going to be drawn out. He takes his pistol and a cloth to start wiping it down to avoid rust being allowed to form on it from the oil and water's on his fingers.

Sczarni

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Roga: Tracking Rolls, and Information:

Once/Hour
Survival: Roga (DC 11 Tracking): 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 5 = 19
Survival: Roga (DC 11 Tracking): 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 5 = 13
Survival: Roga (DC 11 Tracking): 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 5 = 9 Random Encounter: 1d100 ⇒ 66 No.
Survival: Roga (DC 11 Tracking): 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 5 = 13
Survival: Roga (DC 11 Tracking): 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 5 = 4 Random Encounter: 1d100 ⇒ 62 No.
As you approach noon, the ground has dried enough to be mostly firm (DC 15). The Bandits are taking care to avoid leaving tracks after they settled down from their defeat (+5 DC), they are still on horseback (Large size) (-1 DC). One set of tracks goes veering off southwest, one southeast, and the center set moves south. in five hours You have made 3 hours progress after the bandits, but have lost their tracks for the moment.

Roga is able to pick up the tracks easily enough. Throughout the day the cavalier is mostly able to follow the tracks with ease. The tracks did start out in a westerly direction, no doubt because it was the easiest path of retreat, but quickly bend to the south as was predicted. After several hours on the trail of the bandits, Roga notices that the trail splits. The group of three breaks off in one of the rocky stream beds, each taking his own direction. Instead of one group of three to track, you now have three groups of one.

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

"I do not believe we can split up, most of us aren't skilled enough trackers to hunt them down"


Kitsune Bard 2 (HP 13/13, AC 16/T 13/FF 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 6, Will 2,

"Agreed, better to stick together." Southeast?


Male Human, Ranger (Wild Stalker) HP 19/19 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 18 | F+4 | R +6 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Jutmon gives Oleg 5gp from his share of the loot, so far. He also hands the innkeeper the parchment on which the list of components had been written. See what you can get, eh?

25 gp in material to scribe 1st level spells. So enough in advance for two.

The wizard then hurries to catch up to Roga and the rest as they track the bandits.

Why would they split up? These bandits had not seemed overly bright so far, but Jutmon still has a feeling, that something is amiss.


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

"Might as well keep heading straight south. If we run out of trail we can always backtrack. Not fun, but none of this is really." Roga says with a small chuckle.

Sczarni

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Are you still tracking, or exploring?


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

Tracking.

Sczarni

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Perception:

Inuki Talespinner: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Jutmon Symber: Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Nareth: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Roga Beastfriend: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Sergei Surtova : Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Roga, Tracking:

Tracking, Roga: DC 19: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14Random Encounter: 1d100 ⇒ 63
Tracking, Roga: DC 19: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17Random Encounter: 1d100 ⇒ 49
Tracking, Roga: DC 19: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7Random Encounter: 1d100 ⇒ 13
Tracking, Roga: DC 19: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Random Encounter: 1d100 ⇒ 86
Tracking, Roga: DC 19: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7Random Encounter: 1d100 ⇒ 98
1d20 ⇒ 13

After another five hours, the sun is starting to dip behind the mountains far to the west. You believe you have made good progress, and are definitely on the trail of the bandits.

Group Survival:

Survival: Nareth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Survival: Jutmon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Survival: Inuki: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Survival: Sergei: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Survival: Roga: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Through the course of the day, Roga has been too distracted to forage for much food due to his focus on following the tracks. Luckily Jutmon, while practicing cantrips, seems to have accidentally slain a small deer. There is certainly enough to feed all of you for the day.

As you settle down, a bone rattling roar erupts from the woods not one hundred yards distant.

Perception:

Inuki Talespinner: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Jutmon Symber: Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Nareth: Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Roga Beastfriend: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Sergei Surtova : Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

A large grizzly bear seems rather perturbed at your presence.

Inuki:

Bardic Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
A large, powerful omnivore, the grizzly bear inhabits many of the world's forested hills. Equally happy consuming nuts, berries, fish, or small mammals, the grizzly is nonetheless fiercely territorial, and will chase off—or, failing that, kill and eat—any intruders it views as competition.

When faced with a foe or small group of threats, the grizzly attempts to subdue or kill with its claws. When it can, the bear tries to grab a single target to deal continual damage until that target is dead, unconscious, or escapes.


Travel Information:

Forced March: In a day of normal walking, a character walks for 8 hours. The rest of the daylight time is spent making and breaking camp, resting, and eating.

A character can walk for more than 8 hours in a day by making a forced march. For each hour of marching beyond 8 hours, a Constitution check (DC 10, +2 per extra hour) is required. If the check fails, the character takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage. A character who takes any nonlethal damage from a forced march becomes fatigued. Eliminating the nonlethal damage also eliminates the fatigue. It's possible for a character to march into unconsciousness by pushing himself too hard.

Fatigued: A fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue causes the fatigued character to become exhausted. After 8 hours of complete rest, fatigued characters are no longer fatigued.

Exhausted: An exhausted character moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –6 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. After 1 hour of complete rest, an exhausted character becomes fatigued. A fatigued character becomes exhausted by doing something else that would normally cause fatigue.

I am considering a couple of the lost tracks moments a long break while you search around, so you moved 8 hours, and rested 2 so far

Wow, that looks huge in the editor window, for just a couple lines... Meh.

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

Nareth stands and unwinds his chain "I do not plan to kill an animal for no reason, I would rather scare it off than kill it"


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

"How do you propose to do that?" Roga asks, backing away slowly.

Handle Animal roll please. What are our chances of pacifying this thing. Perhaps throwing it some deer to munch on and backing away slowly?

Sczarni

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Please let me know who is mounted, and who is dismounted following Jutmon's slaying of the deer.

Nareth:

Intimidate (DC 16): Nareth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

You strike a ferocious pose, the bear seems somewhat less than impressed.

Initiative:

Bear: Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Inuki Talespinner: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Jutmon Symber: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Nareth: Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Roga Beastfriend: Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Sergei Surtova : Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Order:
-----------
Sergei
Jutmon
Roga
Inuki
Nareth
-----------
Grizzly Bear

Roga:

Handle Animal (DC 25): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
A valiant effort, the bear hesitates at your attempt to push him to abandon the territory, then roars defiantly. You believe your efforts may have stalled the bear, for at least a couple seconds (Perhaps a round.)


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

Still Mounted on Midnight, lance in hand.

"He aint backing down. Looks like bear stew tonight. Roga says, after attempting to dissuade the ursine.

Was that my round one action, or pre-combat?

Round 1 Action if I have one:

Round 1

HP:12/12 Don't think I took any damage in that very first fight, feel free to correct me

Roga will spur his mount at the bear, lowering his lance for a charge.

Charge the bear if possible, using Ride-By Attack and Power Attack. DC 5 Ride is auto-succeed. Attack would be +5 and Damage 2d8+12. If no clear path to charge just move to a position that would allow me to charge next round.

Sczarni

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

The bear is posturing. You will each get an action, however; at the end of this pre-combat round: "After the Intimidate expires, the target treats you as unfriendly . . . If you fail this check by 5 or more, the target attempts to deceive you or otherwise hinder your activities."

Source.

Hostile -> Unfriendly -> Indifferent -> Friendly -> Helpful

Sczarni

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

MAP

Please see Discussion Thread.


HP 21 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +5 | Per +7 Human Gunslinger (Pistolero) 2

Sergei was not always comfortable in the saddle so when the opportunity presented itself to be dismounted the law-man had taken it. He had tied the horse up on a tree while he waited for the deer to be dressed but the appearance of the bear had become the immediate issue. He pulled his pistol free and began the process of loading it as the others tried to scare the bear off...


Loading during the pre-combat or will load during the first round.


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

Okay, Pre-combat move to IJ/89.

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

Nareth follow behind Roga as quickly as he can


Kitsune Bard 2 (HP 13/13, AC 16/T 13/FF 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 6, Will 2,

Inuki dismounts and begins a strange chant and dance attempting to distract the bear.

Bardic performance: Fascinate

Sczarni

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Inuki:
Bear Will save v. Fascinate (DC DC 10 + 1/2 the bard's level + the bard's Cha modifier) = 14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Success!

Jutmon, Inuki:
Ride: Inuki: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 You guide the horse to a location where the bear can see the two of you for Inuki's performance. (Free Action).

As Inuki starts his performance, the bear seems to mellow. Taking a seat the bear stops his posturing, and blankly stares at the strange kitsune, completely fascinated.

Fascinated:
Fascinated: A fascinated creature is entranced by a supernatural or spell effect. The creature stands or sits quietly, taking no actions other than to pay attention to the fascinating effect, for as long as the effect lasts. It takes a –4 penalty on skill checks made as reactions, such as Perception checks. Any potential threat, such as a hostile creature approaching, allows the fascinated creature a new saving throw against the fascinating effect. Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a ranged weapon at the fascinated creature, automatically breaks the effect. A fascinated creature's ally may shake it free of the spell as a standard action.
Source.

Roga, Inuki's Fascinate attempt will be roughly contemporaneous with your handle animal. If you choose to move closer to the bear after the animal is fascinated, it may break the effect.


Male Human, Ranger (Wild Stalker) HP 19/19 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 18 | F+4 | R +6 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Jutmon bides his time, he does not want to interfere with Inuki's charm magic.
He does sort of expect Roga to charge on the beast; when, or if, he does Jutmon will follow up with magic missile.

Sczarni

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Round 0

As you attempt to field dress a lovely dinner of fresh venison, the local bear who owns this area makes his presence known. Although Roga's attempt to shoo the bear off and Nareth's attempt to scare the bear away are less than fruitful, Inuiki's bizarrely captivating and lulling voice seems to do the trick. The bear is sitting calmly staring at and listening to the bard.

Initiative Order:
Sergei
Jutmon
Roga
Inuki
Nareth
-----------
Grizzly Bear


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

Well since if Inuki stops performing it will fade anyway, I'm gonna stick with my action. Moving to IJ/89 and readying a charge.


HP 21 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +5 | Per +7 Human Gunslinger (Pistolero) 2

Sergei lowers his voice, "So what is the plan. I doubt that Inuki can keep him captivated all day?"

Hold Action.


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

"Use this chance to move into a good position and then shoot it, I'll use that as my mark to charge it." Roga suggests.

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

"I can create a bank of fog around it. Perhaps it will be confused enough for us to simply leave"


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

"Then do so. I'd also prefer to leave the beast in peace."

Sczarni

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Nareth:

OBSCURING MIST
School conjuration (creation); Level cleric 1, druid 1, sorcerer/wizard 1
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S
Range 20 ft.
Effect cloud spreads in 20-ft. radius from you, 20 ft. high
Duration 1 min./level (D)
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no
A misty vapor arises around you. It is stationary. The vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).

A moderate wind (11+ mph), such as from a gust of wind spell, disperses the fog in 4 rounds. A strong wind (21+ mph) disperses the fog in 1 round. A fireball, flame strike, or similar spell burns away the fog in the explosive or fiery spell's area. A wall of fire burns away the fog in the area into which it deals damage.

This spell does not function underwater.

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

Well I can still conceal us all, then the bear might be confused

Sczarni

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

indeed

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

Nareth whispers "I can create a bank of fog that covers us, perhaps it will confuse him long enough for us to get away"


Kitsune Bard 2 (HP 13/13, AC 16/T 13/FF 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 6, Will 2,

If there are some deer parts handy I will toss them in front of the bear while continuing my bardic performance.


Male Human, Ranger (Wild Stalker) HP 19/19 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 18 | F+4 | R +6 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Mmm. I have some smokesticks.


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

"Well, get on with it friends. Summon your mists and burn your smokes. Lets get outta here." Roga says.

Sczarni

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Crunch:
Perception:Bear: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 4 = 9 Does not notice.
Is moving into position a threat?: 1d100 ⇒ 29 No.
Bear Save again v. fascinate as Inuki is swallowed by Mist: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 A critical failure, the bear lies down.
Nareth Riding Skill (DC 5, guide with knees): 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (11) - 4 = 7 (+0 dex, -4 Armor Check)
those of you inside the fog can only barely perceive those of you next to each other. Inuki, you are at the edge of the fog, and can see the bear, and the bear can still see you because there is not five feet of fog between you and the bear.

Roga moves into position, in case a charge is needed, but the bear seems to fascinated to care. As the cavalier moves away, a cloud of mist obscures the group. You hear a startled roar, then the bear falls silent again. Nareth rides into the group, and casts Obscuring Mist, carefully positioned to provide as much coverage as possible without blocking entirely the bear's view of Inuki.

I chose the nexus that seemed most likely to accomplish your goal of obscuring the majority of the party, without terminating the Fascinate effect of Inuki. Feel free to request a retcon if I positioned anything incorrectly.

Inuki:
As your performance continues, the bear rolls over onto his back, and begins to bat at the air with his paws, clearly enraptured and quite playful.


Male Human, Ranger (Wild Stalker) HP 19/19 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 18 | F+4 | R +6 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Jutmon waits with the horse, nervously hoping that Inuki hurries it up.

As they leave, he plans on lighting and dropping a smokestick on the far side of Nareth's fog. The smoke will thicken the fog cloud, and the fumes should disrupt the bear's, no doubt, keen sense of smell. That, and the pungent deer guts they are leaving behind, should distract the bear. Or, so Jutmon tells himself. And worries about the rather loud sound, that horses hooves inevitably make.


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

Roga will wait for the others to leave first, and then cover their retreat from the rear in case the bear changes its mind.

Sczarni

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

Crunch:
Perception:Bear: 1d20 + 6 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 4 - 2 = 4 (Unfavorable conditions, fascinated) Wow, this is the most unobservant bear ever...
Does the bear take you as a threat (30%): 1d100 ⇒ 33 (He kinda likes Inuki at the moment)

Waiting patiently or the bear to finish playing [ooc]holding action until after the bear Jutmon helps Inuki back into the saddle, then rides around through the edge of the fog, meeting the rest of the group on the far side. Together, you all flee.

Information:
Direction, and speed please. You will be able to make a half speed without an acrobatic check prior to leaving the fog, then full speed once outside the fog. Sergei, are not in the fog, so you have a movement action to spend prior to the others emerging from the fog. You will all have one full round action (because of the bears wonderous initiative) to move away.
------------------------------
Obscuring Mist
A misty vapor arises around you. It is stationary. The vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).

A moderate wind (11+ mph), such as from a gust of wind spell, disperses the fog in 4 rounds. A strong wind (21+ mph) disperses the fog in 1 round. A fireball, flame strike, or similar spell burns away the fog in the explosive or fiery spell's area. A wall of fire burns away the fog in the area into which it deals damage.
------------------------------
Blinded (closest rule to not being able to see beyond 5)'
Blinded: The creature cannot see. It takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class, loses its Dexterity bonus to AC (if any), and takes a –4 penalty on most Strength- and Dexterity-based skill checks and on opposed Perception skill checks. All checks and activities that rely on vision (such as reading and Perception checks based on sight) automatically fail. All opponents are considered to have total concealment (50% miss chance) against the blinded character. Blind creatures must make a DC 10 Acrobatics skill check to move faster than half speed. Creatures that fail this check fall prone. Characters who remain blinded for a long time grow accustomed to these drawbacks and can overcome some of them.


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

Continue in the direction the tracks were going, seeking to pick up the trail again once a few hundred meters from the bear. I'll deay to be the last PC to act before the bear.

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

I take my time getting out of the fog, then follow our master tracker

Sczarni

World Wound--Disappeared --Confirmation

As you all exit the small glade and the adrenaline begins to subside, you realize that you are hungry and tired. Lucky for you, the now happy and content bear was not able to take your lovely deer, so you have plenty to eat for the night. Unfortunately, exhaustion is beginning to take it's toll. A quick scan of the area reveals several potential camping locations, should you choose to end your day. To the east approximately a quarter mile, you can spot another small glade. Directly to the south lies a cave in the harrow valley in which you are currently riding. and of course, any number of open spaces are available should you choose to camp on the plains.

The need for rest:

You have been wandering the wilds for about ten hours. You have been moving eight. The other two have been spent looking for the lost tracks, resting, redistributing riders, and letting the horses graze and drink.

Forced March: In a day of normal walking, a character walks for 8 hours. The rest of the daylight time is spent making and breaking camp, resting, and eating.

A character can walk for more than 8 hours in a day by making a forced march. For each hour of marching beyond 8 hours, a Constitution check (DC 10, +2 per extra hour) is required. If the check fails, the character takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage. A character who takes any nonlethal damage from a forced march becomes fatigued. Eliminating the nonlethal damage also eliminates the fatigue. It's possible for a character to march into unconsciousness by pushing himself too hard.

Mounted Movement: A mount bearing a rider can move at a hustle. The damage it takes when doing so, however, is lethal damage, not nonlethal damage. The creature can also be ridden in a forced march, but its Constitution checks automatically fail, and the damage it takes is lethal damage. Mounts also become fatigued when they take any damage from hustling or forced marches.

Source.

The Italicized emphasis is aimed at you if you choose to lead the horses and continue on foot. If you choose to ride, then none of you but the cavalier is likely to know the bolded italicized information. You can continue on foot, leading the horses, but they will be of little use in the morning if you choose to do so.


Human Cavalier (Gendarme, Beast Rider) 2, HP 12 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +3 | W +0 | Init +5 | Per +0

"Lets check out that cave for a campsite. If it's not too deep, and unoccupied it would make a good place to rest."


Kitsune Bard 2 (HP 13/13, AC 16/T 13/FF 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 6, Will 2,

Inuki is wondering if he can rub the bear's belly, when Jutmon takes his hand to pull him up into the saddle. "I thought we were really starting to bond there," he muses as they ride away.

I agree with checking out the cave, as long as we make sure it is not the bear's home.

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric 2 Init +0 Perc +7 AC 16/10/16 HP 10/10 Saves 4/0/5 CMD +12

Nareth has a cautious eye at the cave "The only thing about a campsite with one entrance is that there is only one exit. I will be up till at least midnight, how do we plan on doing the night watch?"

151 to 200 of 1,008 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.