Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Spider's Web: A game of assassins and mistrust.

Game Master Tark the Ork


251 to 300 of 643 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

Round 1:

Gethric moves forward and unlimbers his chain at one of the guardsmen, aiming for the spikes to strike the man on the cheek...

Spiked Chain: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 for 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12

...roaring with glee at the man's face blooms in ruinous crimson. "Come maggots, you have looked down on my kind too long"

Move to S,10
Strike at T,11


Male Orc Expert 5

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 That was fast.

Before the guards can even react Gethric rips ones head off and the other drops to Psyana's hex.


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Shaking her head again.

Well, finish him off. We have eliminated everyone else, one more makes no difference.

Psyana then heads back to the broken window and climbs in.


Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

Gethric gives Squid a passing remark "Kill the man, I'll deal with any more guards." before kneeling over the sleeping guard and opening his throat...

Coup de Grace: 2d4 + 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (3, 1) + (2, 1) + 8 = 15

..before moving further towards the front of the house - making no attempt to hide himself.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Dhampir Alchemist (Psychonaut) 1

Smoke listens at the door to what is hopefully the master bedroom before attempting to open it.

Round 1:
Some of this will depend on the door. If it's locked I will attempt to pick the lock. (Full round action, Disable Device: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26)
If unlocked, Move action to open the door and then Standard will depend on what I see.


Male Orc Expert 5

Felgrael:
Inside you spot a master bedroom with a man about his fifties snoring loudly in his bed. Lounging at his feet and chest are five crimson colored cats.


Male Dhampir Alchemist (Psychonaut) 1

Round 1 continued:
Standard action left, going to use it to shut door behind me and Move SLOWLY to the bed. I know I can't take 20 but the idea is to allow as many circumstance bonuses to my Stealth check. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Male Orc Expert 5

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Csiza spots no alternate exit out of the room as she hears more activity happening within the house.

Gethric, swinging bloodied chain in hand moves towards the front adn finds that all the guards in the courtyard have been killed.

Psyana slips into the window with Csiza.

So what's Lilith doing?

Felgrael:
As you approach a floorboard just barely squeaks under your foot. All five infernal cats wake up and with a sharp hiss they pick themselves up and growl angrily at you as they approach.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15Cats
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20Felgrael

Turning over in his sleep the man grumbles agrily about noisy cats. Felgrael's turn is up.


Male Dhampir Alchemist (Psychonaut) 1

TarkXT:
Meant to ask, can I also get a full description of the room, other exits points, items I could possibly use, etc. I'm guessing this isn't supposed to be a 1 PC encounter and want to know what exactly my options will be.


Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

Seeing that all the guards outside have been slain, Gethric continues to circle around the compound checking and then back to the opened window.


Female Half-Elf Waves Oracle 1

Csiza crouches low and carefully peeks out into the hallway, thinking it odd that no one has come to investigate.


Female Tiefling Witch/1

I immediately look for a way to the second floor. Either the murderer will follow us, remain outside on guard, or flee. Either way our target is on the second floor. If I see a staircase, I immediately head to the second floor.


Infernal:

"Damn sloppy work. Professional as a thug shaking down a street walker."

Lilith slurs in the language of devils, her expression pinched. "At the very least, at the end of this... disgusting display, I can honestly say that I have not the displeasure of finding myself acquainted with a single one of you," she hisses and moves with Squid towards the second floor.

"The most professional thing to be done now is to ensure that the target is spread across his hallowed halls as well, hmm?"

sorry about the delay. my dastardly husband has guilted and now shamed me into the world of Star Wars: The Old Republic.


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Infernal:

We discussed non-leathal force for the guards, and then our muscle showed up with a spiked chain. So far I have put almost all of them to sleep as agreed.


Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

Content that the need for absolute stealth within the compound has long past them, Gethric starts humming as he stalks the grounds gore-covered and with spiked chain soaked in blood.


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Careful, the next one might have eaten his spinach.


Male Orc Expert 5

As Gethric struts the grounds outside like a boss Csiza peeks outside adn sees a single guard standing by a lifted up stair case that cuts off the upstairs while revealing a staircase that leads into the basement. Holding his sword he appears very nervouse as their is activity coming from the door behind him.

Felgrael:
Here is the [ur=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/imsosick.jpg/]MAP[/url]. Assume sleeping target is in bed.


Male Dhampir Alchemist (Psychonaut) 1

TarkXT:

Smoke draws his morningstar and then moves slowly towards the sleeping figure, careful not to disturb the cats.

Round 2. Move action to draw my weapon. Second move action to slowly move to AH,7. Stupid BAB of 0.

Assuming the cats don't ruin it, my plan is to attempt to coup de grace the sleeping man for my Round 3 action. Then from there, book it, either back the way I came or out the window, whatever the circumstances allow.


Female Half-Elf Waves Oracle 1

How far away is the guard?


Male Orc Expert 5

About 30ft. It's realtively dark, the only light coming in from windows. Consider this place a low light area.


Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

Gethric completes his circuit of the house, and if there is no sign of life, he climbs through the broken window when he reaches it.


Male Orc Expert 5

Gethric slips through the window without much trouble. Meanwhile there is commotion from upstairs and the guard distractedly looks up the stairs.

Perception DC 12:

It sounds like somethign has made a pack of cats very angry.

Felgrael:

As you reach around in an attempt to end things quickly the cats attack!

Cats pounce! You get an AoO against one of the cats as it enters your square.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Claw
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Claw
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Bite

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Claw
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Claw
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Bite

[ooc]Taking 3 nonlethal as the cats scratch adn snarl and tear into your flesh.


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

To the Abyss with this, can nobody do anything by the plan.

I run up the stairs expecting to find the vampire being eaten by cats.


Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Hearing the commotion Gethric begins to move through the house towards it.


Male Dhampir Alchemist (Psychonaut) 1

TarkXT:
Trying to ignore the screeching cats around himself, Smoke continued with the job at hand attempting to end the man before he could wake to the animals' cries.

AoO vs a cat: 1d20 ⇒ 7, Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

The description makes me think the man is still asleep, at least for my next action. That being the case, Full round action to coup de grace the man. This will provoke from the cats but unless they drop me, I will still get the attempt.
Coup de grace auto damage: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5, translates to a DC 15(wow really?) Fort save or Death.


Lilith Perception 1d20 ⇒ 10 better than I imagined...

Candy snerks at Squid's observation, and flails her arms about wildly as she attempts to follow the female who suddenly dashed in front of her.

"One slightly more observant might also have noted that I have not the greatest senses," she says, and then laughs softly.


Female Half-Elf Waves Oracle 1

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Silence sees her opportunity and jumps the guard, attempting to muffle him and keep him from shouting.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Charging CMB: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Male Orc Expert 5

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

As csiza tackles the guard to the ground the other two bring the stairs down on top of a pair of guards trying to come up from the basement. There is knocking and banging as Psyana, Lilith and Gethric bring the stairs down leading to the second floor to block off the basement and lock them in place standing on top of them to let their combined weight make the efforts futile.

The grappled guard, suddenly struggling for life or death whips his club around while struggling fiercely landing a solid blow on her face and shattering her nose. 6 damage

1d20 - 3 ⇒ (20) - 3 = 17
1d20 - 3 ⇒ (17) - 3 = 14
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6

Meanwhile up above.

Felgrael:
With a thud muffled by the pillows your successfully end the life of the target. However the cats assault is relentless and it doesn't seem like they are going to let you get away now. 1 non lethal from the cat aoo. They leap at you all at once attempting to rip you to pieces.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

6 more nonlethal damage from an all out cat person assault.


Male Dhampir Alchemist (Psychonaut) 1

TarkXT:
Throwing the cats from his shoulders, Felgrael quickly backed away from the bed, keeping the cats firmly in front of him.

Full withdraw from the cats to avoid AoO's to get out of the room, closing the door behind me.


Female Tiefling Witch/1

If there is a guard where I can see him, I Slumber Hex him. - DC 15.

Sorry, a little confused as to where exactly I am, thought I went upstairs.


Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

Gethric growls "Hold him steady" at Silence, before stepping up and heaving his chain in a rising arc - seeking to open the man's back from arse to armpit....

Spiked Chain: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 for 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7

...barbs on his chain carving a ruinous track across his body.


Male Orc Expert 5

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Note to self: Tighten up my description a bit.

To clarify: Were Csiza able to speak she would have told you the guard was standing at the steps downstairs. However the steps up stairs are raised, think like the entrance to an attic. In this case however when you raise or lower said stair case it cuts off a portion of the house. In its raised state it gives access to the basement (where most of the guards are) while making it impossible to get to the second floor. In a lowered state it makes it impossible to get to the basement while giving access to the second floor. It's an economical way of boosting security and hiding the unsightly. I assumed that you would grab the staircase and drop it on the guards comign up rather than try and fight them then and there. Meanwhile Csiza's got a sizable knot on her head.

The guard falls over and Gethric takes his time to rip the mans throat out. As you head up stairs it sounds as if all hell is breaking loose as the guard you killed outside flees from one of the rooms covered in a number of deep scratches and bruises. He slams the door behind him as he turns away.


Female Tiefling Witch/1

That is an interesting trick, guess he needs to die twice.

Slumber Hex on the resurrected guard. - DC15

Will Save if allowed to see through any illusion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Dhampir Alchemist (Psychonaut) 1

Alrighty, based on the Initiative above, I believe I'm top Init for the party after Gethric. My post is based on that as well as both Tark's description and Psyana's planned action, with liberties taken for timing.

Felgrael slams the door behind himself and takes a deep breath. Damn cats. Straightening up, he spins at the sound of running footsteps. Psyana tears around the corner and Felgrael smiles briefly before remembering that he's still under the effects of his extract.

As she begins muttering the words that would put him under Felgrael drops his disguise. Psyana halts her hex as suddenly where the guard once stood is Smoke, still covered in scratches and barely on his feet. He looks back at the door, his voice a whisper. Job's done.

Standard action to dismiss active spell on my higher init. If Tark prefers, Will save just in case. 1d20 ⇒ 15. Huzzah well I guess it'd be a moot point either way. :-)


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Your lucky, I was going to have the half-orc finish off what the cats failed to complete.


Male Dhampir Alchemist (Psychonaut) 1

Lol, oh believe me as soon as the situation was made clear, the FIRST thing I did was scan back up to the top to check the Initiative rolls! Thankfully I also made the save but I was expecting bad things.


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Don't look at me, you guys are the ones hanging out with the strange evil dark blue fish woman who likes to put people to sleep and then drown them. Which might be better than hanging out with the bloody half-orc who considers a spiked chain to be his preferred method of greeting people.


Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

Gethric's wary pose relaxes when he sees Smoke's face "If the mark is dead we should be away... over the wall?"


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Psyana lets out a sigh of relief when she seed Smoke appear. You are lucky. About 6 seconds more and you would have been napping with Spawn's chain around your throat. In the future you might want to let us know what you are doing before running of and disguising yourself as the enemy.

After hearing Spawn's question.

Wall is probably safer, we should be able to find something to climb it with so that we do not get cut this time. Or we could just go out the front door. I imagine that we may be followed as we were not the most stealthy. If necessary, we can lead any followers to the nearest river or pond and just lose them there. I can help you all breath underwater.

Psyana stops for a few moments.

Did anyone see anything of value here? Right now it looks like a murder gone wrong, which is what it is. If we take some valuable we make something for our time and effort, and it makes the crime look more like a botched robbery.

I begin quickly looking around the house.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Appraise: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21.


"Of course!" Candy answers Squid's inquiry and laughs. "A botched robbery with two points of entry into the house, and several mercenaries butchered in their sleep. How will the guard tie this to our professional group?"

Candy marches up to Spawn and grins. "If you can throw me over the wall, I'll reconsider grabbing a set of pots and pans and calling the patrol on you all," she challenges, sparing a glance for the gore on his spiked chain.


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Looking at Candy in disbelief: You do realize that conspiracy in this city carries the same horrible death that murder does. The only difference is that you would likely be tortured a little more to see if you have more information.

Shaking her head, Squid continues to search for whatever can be quickly pocketed.

We do need to leave, I am sure that those guards in the basement will take off and search for the patrol before long, then we will have a much bigger mess.


Candy giggles and covers her eyes. "But I've seen nothing," she insists.


Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

Spawn merely smiles at Candy's taunt before stalking out to the wall where they entered. Upon the walk he turns to Silence, drawing her attention before mouthing Where your rope?


Male Orc Expert 5

As all of you make your way out of the house things appear eeril quiet. The banging on the stairs is gone and as you leave through the window you notice that your "sentry" is gone as well. That's when a certain 6th sense kicks in your soul and you realize that you need to leave and get as far away from here and hidden as possible lest you have to explain yourselves to an iron faced inquisitor.


Female Tiefling Witch/1

I think that it is time we disappeared. We reconvene at sundown tomorrow at the tavern we met at yesterday. Anyone not there will be assumed to be a turncoat. I am looking at Candy as I say this.

If there is any lake, pond, brook or river nearby, I go swimming and offer to help anyone else who wants. If not, I take off for the shortest way to the lakeshore.

TarkXT:

Did I manage to grab anything of value before we left the house? I would have cast detect magic and grabbed anything magical if it was easily grabbable.


Lilith Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"You should consider carefully who you are threatening," Candy purrs at Squid's insinuation. "If you do not believe that I will hear the four of you murdering every random citizen I maintain about myself in your ill advised attempt to assassinate me..." she allows her intent to hang on the air, pulling her cloak of stars about her and melts into the surrounding night.


Male Dhampir Alchemist (Psychonaut) 1

Smoke simply walks off as the others waste time and words with hollow threats. Good gods, they make too much noise even when they're trying to escape. We'll see how many make it away from here and back to the tavern alive with all their bickering.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Shaking her head at the others, Psyana begins to head off looking for a water source to disappear into:

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Before she leaves she turns to Spawn - While I enjoy some good bloodflow as much as the next girl, you might want to find a less deadly means of disabling those who are not our targets. One death is a poorly done investigation. Multiple murders - a much bigger manhunt. I would prefer not to be on the sought after end of the larger manhunt.


Male Human (Taldan) Warpriest of Reymenda 1

Gethric seems to be the only one who remembers to get out of the compound before trying to hide, moving to the same place on the wall that they first entered and using Silence's rope to assist in gaining egress.
Taking ten for 11 on Climb check if possible plus whatever bonuses from Silence's rope.
If not then: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 = 19 - should suffice

Once outside the walls, Gethric makes for Dice End and the anonymity that being among the destitute provides.


Male Orc Expert 5

The would be group of hired killers makes its way in various forms of skulking, running, runnign while skulking, and skulking in plain sight it is only a matter of luck that the hellknights heavy armor prevents them from getting their with anything that amounts to speed.

As various women throw themselves into the river Gethric and Felgrael make it a point to clean themselves as best as possible as nothing will catcha guards eye better than a shady looking individiual covered head to toe in blood.

Psyana manages to cram a pillow case full of silveware and various untraceable goods worth about 50gp. A pittance compare to what you may receive for the work completed.

The next day's headlines speak of a tragic massacre that the highly censored press believes to be a horrific initiation rite by an infernal cult of tieflings. After a "thorough interrogation" of the witnesses they have identified at least two of the witnesses. Artwork depicting what appears to be a monstrous half orc and a terrifying tiefling is an almost laughable description of Gethric and Psyana. Yet, it reminds you of the man you left to "guard" the basement and realize that if it were not dark, and if he were not human, things could be very different indeed. And considering the nature of the highly controlled and parsed information coming out of the Chelaxian government who is to say that this in and of itself was not merely a length of rope being handed to you?

You meet the next night at the agreed upon spot. The third note laid in front of you at the center of the table. Around you the muffled moans and groans of a night's business go on unabated by the dark business within the room.

251 to 300 of 643 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Spider's Web - Part 1:Tangled Threads All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.