Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Spider's Web: A game of assassins and mistrust.

Game Master Tark the Ork


201 to 250 of 643 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Orc Expert 5

With another swipe of his chain the murderous half orc disembowels the guard. He lets out a muffled gurgling noise as much of his intestines spill out onto the cobble stones. He stands for a brief second staring down at the damage the orc has done before collapsing to his knees and slumping forward dead.

Meanwhile Felgrael is too distracted by the bloody carnage to do much more then scrape his tools across the window.


Candy bites her lip against expelling an extremely loud curse, and wishes that she truly were blind. Men savaged on the lawn of the mark's home... She pulls the cloak of starlight about her and considers climbing the wall and alerting a patrol to the murderers who had planned this horrid affair.

And who am I but the whore who overheard the large one belch it during his release? she wonders. Candy taps her belly and considers her position. What was it he named the canny whore he threw out? How much gold to buy her silence? Sweet Calistria, it would be just as easy to pay another...


Male Dhampir Alchemist (Psychonaut) 1

Seeing the guard bleed out, Smoke simply turned back to the window. Cretins.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Orc Expert 5

The window proves to be a stolid opponent against Felgrael's feeble poking.


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Whisper: This is not how this is supposed to go. Next time we bring non-lethal weapons or we do not come. We are not common criminals, we are assassins. Nonetheless, we have begun this and must see it through to its completion.

Seeing the guard down. I look around for any other guards. If I do not see any, I quietly move toward the rear of the house.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Is there a window or something that I can look in. If so, I wait to see if there are any servants in the house. I also look for a piece of cloth or something that I can use to cover my face.

If I see one of the halfling servants, I will cast Charm Person on him/her.


Not in use

Smiling at his handiwork as he cleans his chain once more on his cloak, Gethric moves the bodies to as secluded a spot as they can be in for the moment - in a corner and covered by the guard's cloaks if possible.

The muttered thoughts of his associates are as water off a duck's feathers, Gethric knows that the death of the guards is a loose end that has been cut... not left to fray and unravel. He stands behind the others... waiting for them to show their worth.


Female Half-Elf Waves Oracle 1

Silence shakes her head and continues her search of the guard, under the veil of mist.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Male Dhampir Alchemist (Psychonaut) 1

Smoke continues his efforts, his stubbornness not allowing him to stop.

First off, before I make a mistake, Taking 20 for Perception on the window to look for traps, alarms, etc. Then attempting to open.
Disable Device: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Orc Expert 5

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
@Psyana:You do see some rear windows at the back of the house. However you also see a single guard standing at the top of the servants entrance leading down into the basement.

@Csiza: The guard was carrying a club, a light shield, a longsword, a bullseye lantern about 20 coppers and a silver a small journal of some kind and a set of keys.

@Felgrael: After two minutes of careful observation you notice the window hasnt been opened in sometime and might be prone to loud squeaking of pulled open. Additionally you finally get your tools in place to unlock the simple latch mechanism inside.

@Gethric: Dragging the corpse off is made easier by the slickness of the blood, but incredibly messy as you only pull more of the poor mans guts out. Even if they never see the body it would take a complete blind idiot not to notice it when nearby.


Not in use

Shrugging his shoulders at the bloodied mess left behind after his attempt at cleanup, Gethric abandons the attempt.


Female Half-Elf Waves Oracle 1

Silence grabs the keys, cash, lantern, and journal. She hastily examines the keys and journal by the light of the lantern before shutting it off.


Female Tiefling Witch/1

I get within 25 or 30 feet of the guard and then cast Charm Person. I also cover my face and indicate for the rest to do the same thing so that our appearance is not noticeable.

Charm Person: DC 16


Male Dhampir Alchemist (Psychonaut) 1

Smoke walks quietly over and scoops a portion of the dead guard's blood into his hands. Frowning in distaste, he heads back to the window and begins to liberally coat the hinges and frame in the poor dead man's blood. After making sure he coated everything as best he could, he pulled slowly on the window, listening for any tell tale sound that might give him away.

Don't have any oil on me, hoping to use the blood/guts/etc as a "natural lubricant" to silence any squeals made by the window.


Male Orc Expert 5

The journal appears to be a book of amateur poetry and screenplays.


Male Orc Expert 5

As Felgrael quietly slides open the window Psyana begins the verbal and somatic components necesary for her spell. As the guard turns he spots the masked spellcaster and curses loudly and dives down the stairs barely shaking off the Psyana's spell and getting out of sight. All the while he cries an alarm and screams for aid.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Well, this is going to turn into a bloody massacre. Felgrael and Gethric are covered in gore Lilith is trying to decide whether to rat out to the guards and Csiza unfortunately is currently unaware that things have gotten louder.


Male Dhampir Alchemist (Psychonaut) 1

Smoke curses under his breath as he hears the yell of the guard outside. Loud incompetent fools. Moving fast, he climbs through the open window. Turning quickly, he shuts it behind himself and locks the catch. Head on a swivel, he looks for an out of the way nook where he can gain a moment's quiet to assess his options.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

TarkXT:
At this point things are devolving quickly and I wanted to give you the rundown on my ideas and you can tell me what if anything I am able to pull off. So with everything hitting the fan, my plan is to find a broom closet or something similar. Once hidden I'm going to take 1 minute to mix my unprepared second extract into Disguise Self and use it to make myself look like one of the guards. Then, covered with gore and looking like a guard, if I run into anyone I'll say we're under attack, I'm injured and to get help, etc. Ultimately my goal is to run quickly through the house to the target's room bluffing where I need to, kill him, and then attempt to sneak out. Will this work? Hopefully. Will I be setting myself up for single PC versus 5 guards and dying outright? Probably. Just going with how the character would proceed from here given how badly things are going.


Female Tiefling Witch/1

I cast Charm Person again. Other than deciding to fall down the stairs, he is not currently threatened or under attack as far as I can tell.

Cast Charm Person - DC16


Male Orc Expert 5

Um, he is? You did cast at him. And he definitely knows you did something to him, and you're not supposed to be there. And that you're a strange masked tiefling who just appeared from nowhere. And I should clarify "running" down the stairs."


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Then he gets a +5 on the save I suppose.

EDIT -
The actual modifier from the book is:
"If the creature is currently being threatened or attacked by you or your allies, however, it receives a +5 bonus on its saving throw."

We have not yet attacked him. Yeh, I cast a spell, so it would all be in the interpretation of "threatened or attacked".

TarkXT:

--> Sorry, this is what happens when you have a lawyer reading the rules.


Female Half-Elf Waves Oracle 1

Silence secretes the journal into her outfit, knowing full well she will have to rid herself of connections to it later. The keys are of more import at this time. She casts Detect Magic and looks around for anything further--such as a gate or a way in or out.


Not in use

Hearing the yell, but not being able to see exactly what has occurred through the mist, Gethric gives Silence a light kick to the leg. When she turns look at him, he mouths Guards know we are here now...


Male Orc Expert 5

From the perspective of a guardsman in Egorian. I'd interpret that as an attack no matter what the infernal lawyer says. Sad bit is it would have worked if it had succeeded. Maybe you'll get lucky on the second go.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

As psyana's second attempt finally sticks the man finally stops banging on the back door. Finally he looks up at Psyana and goes. "Oh, I'm sorry miss you jes startled me what wit yer horns, skin, and tail 'n all. Fraid the mans a sleep right now and unwilling to take visitors. But I kin take ye out fer a drink if ye like?"

Meanwhile Felgrael dives through the open window and slams it shut behind him.

Felgrael:
Let's progress a bit further and then we'll move on with you. The room your in now does not have a broom closet but appears to be a small office. Hiding under the desk you quickly start mixing the potion.


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Yes, I apologize for the confusion. Your master retained us to test his security. And I must say you responded quite well. However, he asked us to immediately report to him once we made it past the outer guards. Please tell your companions that everything is fine up here, and you were just startled. No need to wake everyone up at this hour of the night.


Male Orc Expert 5

bluff check!


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Crossing fingers and hoping that we get some modifier for believability or the friendly attitude toward us.


Male Orc Expert 5

The guard scratches his head the spell clearly messing with his common sense. "Well, if it's all the same to you I really should tell my boss about this. They keep telling us to report anything suspicious and, well, you look about as suspicious as they come. If I didn't know any better I'd have woken up the others already if I haven't already done so."

With that he opens the back door.


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Your master is not going to be pleased. We are experts and were retained to test your defenses. Your master is expecting this invasion and asked to be informed by the first member of the team to evade us.

As you were the one, I would expect a reward from him. Now, please come up and lead us to him so that we can finish this and allow you to return to your guard duties.


Male Orc Expert 5

The guard is standing half way through the back door as lights start coming on through the basement windows.

"Well, my boss will be cross that's fer sure miss. Come on down this way there's stairs leading up from the basemen' inta the house proper. No point in botherin the lads at the front door. That and it looks as if everyones awake anyway. Maybe ole Mayflower will make you sumthin ta eat."

There's voices coming from inside and the guard turns to respond.


Not in use

Gethric remains with Silence, judging that someone needs to be near the deaf one to assist her with reacting to how things might change. He is uneasy at the partial words he overhears from Squid's conversation with the guard...


Female Tiefling Witch/1

I cast Message and point at Candy.

Whisper: Your silver tongue would be beneficial at this point. I have never been the most persuasive.


Male Orc Expert 5

Felgrael:
After some time you mix the appropriate potion and down it quickly turnign into the image of the slain guard. You hope the potion lasts long enough for your task. Exiting the room you find yourself on this map. The light is low and dark adn beyond some sounds coming from under you you hear nothing. In front of you are soe stairs leading to the second floor.


Female Half-Elf Waves Oracle 1

Is my Obscuring Mist still up?


Male Orc Expert 5

its already faded


Female Half-Elf Waves Oracle 1

Thinking again, Silence returns the cash to the corpse and keeps the journal, just in case there is some special code she isn't aware of. She then looks to Spawn and points upward, toward the closed window Smoke passed through.

Frowning, she attempts to climb to the window.

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Can't hear, can't climb. Great.


Male Dhampir Alchemist (Psychonaut) 1

Shouldn't need to Climb to window, it was on ground floor as I understood it. The only real issue is I've locked it behind myself.


Male Orc Expert 5

Waiting on Candy and Felgrael


Candy chuckles through the spell. "How the mighty have sunken," she jests.

Lilith Intimidate 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

"How now? The servants giving you a difficult time?" she says, her tone dripping with condescension. She steps closer and shows her sightless, milky eyes. "I once questioned my master's intentions, and you can see the result," she hisses.

"Step aside. Now!"


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Isn't the guard supposed to be friendly to us? That was a Charm Person spell, not the Witch hex.
.
"This charm makes a humanoid creature regard you as its trusted friend and ally (treat the target's attitude as friendly). . . .
The spell does not enable you to control the charmed person as if it were an automaton, but it perceives your words and actions in the most favorable way. "
.
Sorry, this is one of the first times I have ever used Charm Person, and just thought that the guard would have reacted very differently.


Male Orc Expert 5

He is being friendly, he's taking you inside through the servants entrance to inform his boss and make you tea. You are "being introduced to the folks" as it were. Doesn't stop the man from worrying over his job, or being hospitable or considerate to his coworkers. You did ask for him to take you to his employer and he is. :D Granted at this point you should probably be more worried about Smoke suddenly leaping into the house and locking you out while the guards are now awake. Gods only know what the little vampire is up to in there. :D

As Candy puts forth her most terrible not-gaze the man simply steps out and away from the servants entrance to give you a way through.

"No offense meant miss, no offense meant. Jes trying to inform the lads of yer arrival so they don't be any bother."

As he finishes another shirtless man pokes his head through and scolds the guard. "What in the hells is wrong with you man? Screaming up a storm and now.." He looks up to see Psyana and candy standing on top of the stairs. "Bleedin hells..."


Female Tiefling Witch/1

And we have another one:

Cast Charm Person - DC16 - last one, then it is back to putting people to sleep (or someone else could take charge).


Awh, murderous command might have been fun. Then we could have blamed it on a guard gone nuts... Are we still acting in initative, or do we get to go by whoever posts first?


Not in use

Gethric raises an eyebrow at Silence's attempts to gain entry through the bloody locked window while also keeping a wary eye to the area outside the house...

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Orc Expert 5

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Will save

Today is just not your day

As Psyana spell goes off he stands there just long enough for it to fail to affect him. With a loud curse he slams the door and you can hear yelling inside.

Felgrael:
As you stand in the hallway you can hear commotion coming from below you.


Not in use

Muttering to himself "Well feck this for a joke" Gethric rears up with his chain and aims a heady strike at the window...

Chain: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 for 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11

...feeling the glass splinter under his less than delicate touch. Slapping Silence on the shoulder he gestures in and get to it before walking off towards the front gate. Letting any fear and concern wash over him and be released, he frees himself to live in the moment...

Methinks that the jig is up and Gethric needs to assume the role of bloodied distraction.
Tark - I've assumed that we're in quasi initiative time. Gethric's next move will be to start yelling and drawing attention to himself.


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Talking to my new friend.

You better stay here. If anyone tries to run, tie them up so that we can question them later.

I then turn and follow the boys to the recently opened window.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Female Half-Elf Waves Oracle 1

Silence rolls her eyes at the commotion and casts obscuring mist again at the window, fully expecting the room she enters to be filled with guards and servants near-instantly. She then squeezes through the window and finds a place to hide in the fog.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Male Dhampir Alchemist (Psychonaut) 1

Hearing the sounds below, Felgrael tenses before heading to the stairs leading up further into the house.

Map was little confusing to me but it looked like there were stairs leading up to the second floor. I will head up those, assuming the boss keeps his room on the top floor. If I read the map wrong, then I will head down the hallway to the left and try to find a set of stairs that lead up. I won't be Running but I will be hustling as fast as I can to avoid losing the spell too quickly.


Male Orc Expert 5

Felgrael:
As you move upstairs you hear a window crash below you. You find yourself standing in a small corridor with two doors on your left. And one on your right. If you understand your bearings right the two doors on the left likely lead to guest bedrooms tied to the balcony at the back of the house. The right one looks like it could be big and likely the master bedroom.

The rest as Csiza slides easily into the foggy window avoiding the shards of glass that can cut flesh to the bone Gethric goes towards the fron roaring a storm as the two front guards come around to the side to see what's going on. The guard in the back does as instructed and simply waits.

You
1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24 Gethric
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Csiza
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Psyana
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Lilith
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Felgrael

Them
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Group is up!

Map!


Female Half-Elf Waves Oracle 1

Silence carefully heads over to the door out, hiding beside it, and carefully looking around for any other way in or out, fully expecting someone to enter the room shortly to investigate.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Female Tiefling Witch/1

Round 1

Move to -T/5

Slumber Hex - -U/10 -- DC15 (or 16 depending on whether you interpret 1/2 level 1 to equal 0 or 1)

201 to 250 of 643 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Spider's Web - Part 1:Tangled Threads All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.