Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Spider God's Bride -

Game Master dain120475

Know, O Man, that the world lays at thy sandaled feet. If thy would take it then stretch forth thy hand and seize all which lays before thee, but be warned – it shall not bend to thy will alone; rather, it shall yield only to the strength of thy arm and the fury of thy blade.

Map of the known world - Here -


1 to 50 of 245 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

This is the campaign for the Spider God's Bride...


Male Human (Tharag Thulan)
Stats:
hp 22/22 AC 20|T 12 |FF 18, F +6|R +2|W +4, Init +2, Per +6
Gladiator 1

It was hot and dusty in Karjah Pass and Bjoern had felt the sun´s sting for many hours now. It had been two moons since he left the gladiatorial arena as a free man, but he had already learned that free and happy were not the same. It was often hard for the northener, being frowned upon and sometimes even spitted on by the commoners, and he knew he had to pay a few coppers more for everything. But that was still fine, his purse was still quite full and his needs were few. Although the first days had been a trial and error through all the food stalls and cookshops, savoring a thousand flavors and tastes. It had gotten a bit better when he had met Tairin, who had kind of adopted him. To ask for something and pay for it was still so very new for him.


Female Civilised Yar-Ammonite Witch (Bouda) 1 | HP 17 (1d6(=6)+1 FC + 2 Con +8) | Defence AC 12 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 10) [/ooc] | CMB: -1, CMD: 11/9 |FL F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:15, Bouda Eye DC 15, Healing | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 3 | Active conditions: None.

An average sized woman, with the bronze skin and black eyes of a Yar-Ammonite, unarmoured and dressed in a dusty red dress and cloak is sitting in the meagre shade of a rock. She stands seeing the huge barbarian approaching and speaks to him, after a couple of false starts in Lamuran, saying:-

"This is not the most welcoming place to strangers. There is water in the well, but you must pay for it. I am the Red Seer. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

Oddly, the woman does not seem at all intimidated by the giant carrying enough weapons to start a small war.


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 1 /AC 15, T12, FF13/ HP 18/18, F+1/+5, R+5, W+0/ CMB +0, CMD 13/Init +3, Perc. +6/+8, Speed 30ft, Image of Tairin

The Bear was beside her. That was how she referred to her Tharagian bodyguard ever since she met him in the souk. Next to him she looked delicate and Tairin did not mind the outward impression. Her dark eyes scanned the well with its two appointed guards. She also noted the tent housing the Priest and his retinue. Loosing the ties of her linen cloak and pushing back the veil from her head and face, Tairin shook out the long, raven locks of her hair and gracefully stretched out her arms ensuring the lines of her body were best seen and appreciated. To the Northman beside her, she instructed quietly, "Come, Bear. Let us drink the cool waters they guard here," before noting the presence of the woman, a fellow Yar-Ammonite going by the colour of her skin, although the woman's was a little darker than her own. The woman spoke in an unfamiliar tongue, so Tairin stood, looking to her Northman, and speaking in Sushranite, "Bear, do you understand her interesting speech? (Lamuran) I fear I do not. I do appreciate her fine voice, however." Tairin smiled and politely inclined her head toward the woman before turning her gaze upon the guards by the well. Placing the sweetest smile upon her lips, Tairin steadily approached them; a finger toying playfully with a dark tendril of hair cascading down over her shoulder, and keeping to the Sushranite tongue (and only swapping to Khazistani if they appeared not to understand her), she stated, "My, you are big and strong, aren't you." But my Bear's bigger and stronger, she playfully and silently mused. "My travelling companion and I seek cool water to quench our thirst. Will you draw some of this fine water for us?" Tairin paused for a moment, as if waiting for answer before smiling ever-more sweetly and continuing on, "I am certain you will grant such kindness to travellers across these sands. What is the price of this water for new friends such as we?" Tairin's words fell gently, like water over stone, but there was a mischievous light playing in the dark depths of her pretty eyes; eyes which met those of both guards in equal measure.

Diplomacy with Guards: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Human Ikuna Alchemist 1 | HP: 13/20 | AC: 16+1, T: 12, FF: 14+1 | Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +1 | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | Init: +2, Perception: +6 | Mutagen[] | Speed: 30ft

A dark man, tall and foreboding but with a subtle grace about him, entered the firelight where the camel drivers sat eating. Over his robe of colors was a layer of sand that dulled them to a pale memory of their former beauty. Across his back was a thick cloth sack held close by a portion of rope across his chest. Beside this were three spears of a fashion like that in his hand, though he bore it not as a weapon with which to threaten, but as a staff by which to aid in his travels. The end was adorned in feathers, but looked to have lost a few that it may have once carried. Here was a man who'd fought the desert, both with victory and loss.

He gestured to a camel and his speech was low but firm. He waved a small pouch about, heavy with copper and silver. But the men refused; they shook their heads and waved him away. And so the dark one gestured again, and spoke many words of trials and loss, of need and means. But still the men refused. The dark man shook his bag of coins and his spear insistently, but the men were as unmoving as stone. They made some show of their weapons, not to use them but to avoid the use of them, and the dark man stalked off into the night with a curse and a powerful but measured stride. He paced between fires, sometimes pausing to whisper to the night sky in a strange tongue.


Male Human (Tharag Thulan)
Stats:
hp 22/22 AC 20|T 12 |FF 18, F +6|R +2|W +4, Init +2, Per +6
Gladiator 1

I think Shewhoknows spoke first Lamuran, then Susrahnite?
Bjoern (Picture)smiles his nicest smile, just a bit better as his worst, that was known to make lesser men s#!* themselfes in fear, but this one was really better and nods to the woman speaking in broken Lamuran:"Can you speak the tongue of the Susrahnite?" and the replying."And we will pay for it. We do not want any trouble! I am Bjoern, son of Breorg, called the Ghostbear". He then leaned down to Tairin and spoke to her. "She just wanted to say she is happy to met me! HA, this is a strange place!"


Male Human (Tharag Thulan)
Stats:
hp 22/22 AC 20|T 12 |FF 18, F +6|R +2|W +4, Init +2, Per +6
Gladiator 1

I think Shewhoknows spoke first Lamuran, then Susrahnite?
Bjoern (Picture)smiles his nicest smile, just a bit better as his worst, that was known to make lesser men s~!% themselfes in fear, but this one was really better and nods to the woman speaking in broken Lamuran:"Can you speak the tongue of the Susrahnite?" and the replying."And we will pay for it. We do not want any trouble! I am Bjoern, son of Breorg, called the Ghostbear". He then leaned down to Tairin and spoke to her. "She just wanted to say she is happy to met me! HA, this is a strange place!"


Female Civilised Yar-Ammonite Witch (Bouda) 1 | HP 17 (1d6(=6)+1 FC + 2 Con +8) | Defence AC 12 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 10) [/ooc] | CMB: -1, CMD: 11/9 |FL F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:15, Bouda Eye DC 15, Healing | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 3 | Active conditions: None.

"Indeed I can speak Susrahnite" replies She Who knows in Susrahnite.


Tairin of the Veils wrote:
"My travelling companion and I seek cool water to quench our thirst. Will you draw some of this fine water for us?" Tairin paused for a moment, as if waiting for answer before smiling ever-more sweetly and continuing on, "I am certain you will grant such kindness to travellers across these sands. What is the price of this water for new friends such as we?"

The two guards glance at each other sidelong for a moment.

The younger one looks at you with an appraising leer while the older one rubs his chin thoughtfully.

"If you wish to draw water from the well there is a price, aye," the elder of the two says slowly, his eyes wandering over you, studying not only your looks, but also your gear and your appearance.

"How much water do you want? The more you take, the higher the price..." he adds, glancing behind you as if searching to see if you have horses, camels or other animals for riding that need watering, or if it's only yourself.

The younger guard's eyes continue to rove over you.

"Maybe the price can be adjusted, after all - there are lots of ways that a person can pay for a service, eh?" the younger guard says, leaning in suggestively.

The elder guard turns and gives him a scowl.

In Taraamite:

"Fool; see you her gear in the high passes of the mountains? She is not dressed for the wild; she is dressed for the city life, yet methinks she is no common trollop. Like as not she comes from wealth; the mercenary who stands by her is assuredly no lover of hers, but likely some house guard. Tread carefully else she order him to slay you," he says.

The younger guard says nothing, but gives him a sullen stare and wanders a little way from him.

The older guard's hand drops to his sword hilt as he watches the younger guard for a long moment. Then, satisfied that the younger guard is not a threat to him, he turns back to you.

"How much water do you want? I give no favors to friends, for I do not make the price, only enforce it. Therefore the price shall be fair, for I do not cheat folk, though others may not be so honest..." he says with a glance at the younger guard "Even so, I cannot tell you how much it shall cost until I know how much you need," he says.


Female Civilised Yar-Ammonite Witch (Bouda) 1 | HP 17 (1d6(=6)+1 FC + 2 Con +8) | Defence AC 12 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 10) [/ooc] | CMB: -1, CMD: 11/9 |FL F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:15, Bouda Eye DC 15, Healing | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 3 | Active conditions: None.
Dain GM wrote:

The younger guard's eyes continue to rove over you.

"Maybe the price can be adjusted, after all - there are lots of ways that a person can pay for a service, eh?" the younger guard says, leaning in suggestively.

"Charming" says She Who Knows, quietly and with obvious wry sarcasm.


She Who Knows wrote:
"Charming" says She Who Knows, quietly and with obvious wry sarcasm.

The elder man turns from Tairin and stares at She Who Knows with a strange look.

"He's a basterd," he says with a frown, then, catching your sarcasm his eyes widen and he grunts in assent.

Glancing between you and Tairin his eyes narrow thoughtfully.

"Are you looking to buy water, too?" he asks.


Male Human (Tharag Thulan)
Stats:
hp 22/22 AC 20|T 12 |FF 18, F +6|R +2|W +4, Init +2, Per +6
Gladiator 1

Feeling embolded by the so uncommon plain and fair speech Bjoern moves forward."Two full skins and a horn for me, holding the almost empty skins and a rather big horn in his big callused hands."


Female Civilised Yar-Ammonite Witch (Bouda) 1 | HP 17 (1d6(=6)+1 FC + 2 Con +8) | Defence AC 12 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 10) [/ooc] | CMB: -1, CMD: 11/9 |FL F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:15, Bouda Eye DC 15, Healing | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 3 | Active conditions: None.

She Who Knows smiles at the older guard, not acknowledging the younger, and says:-

Indeed. And yes, I too need water. Two skins and a drink for me also."


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 1 /AC 15, T12, FF13/ HP 18/18, F+1/+5, R+5, W+0/ CMB +0, CMD 13/Init +3, Perc. +6/+8, Speed 30ft, Image of Tairin

The younger man's leer and intention were marked by Tairin who masked her true feelings with a quirked dark brow and a small smile. The Yar-Ammonite woman's response to it amused her and she appreciated the wit. She had not understand the exchanged words between the elder and younger guard, but understood the scowl and the retreat.

Tairin looked to the elder man,

Quote:

"How much water do you want? I give no favors to friends, for I do not make the price, only enforce it. Therefore the price shall be fair, for I do not cheat folk, though others may not be so honest..."[/b] he says with a glance at the younger guard "Even so, I cannot tell you how much it shall cost until I know how much you need," he says.

Tairin inclined her head respectfully, "That you would not cheat us is good." Tairin looked from Bear to the Yar-Ammonite woman, "Enough water to replenish our skins, his horn and two cups, thank you. How much coin will this be?" Tairin handed her waterskin and cup to the well guard after Bjoern handed over his. She carefully removed her pouch containing her coins and waited to know the amount to pay the elder guard.

She Who Knows wrote:

"Indeed. And yes, I too need water. Two skins and a drink for me also."

Looking across at the woman, she added in her/their native tongue, "Sister, allow me to pay for your water. I am Tairin from Amenti."

Tairin is willing/offering to pay for all the water for herself, Bjoern and She Who Knows.


Female Civilised Yar-Ammonite Witch (Bouda) 1 | HP 17 (1d6(=6)+1 FC + 2 Con +8) | Defence AC 12 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 10) [/ooc] | CMB: -1, CMD: 11/9 |FL F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:15, Bouda Eye DC 15, Healing | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 3 | Active conditions: None.

She Who Knows is pleasantly surprised by Tairin's offer, replying:-

"Thank you kindly. I am She Who Knows, also called The Red Seer and I am pleased to meet you Tairin. I was born and raised in Amenti when I was known by another, more typical name. But that is... in the past."


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 1 /AC 15, T12, FF13/ HP 18/18, F+1/+5, R+5, W+0/ CMB +0, CMD 13/Init +3, Perc. +6/+8, Speed 30ft, Image of Tairin

At the woman's acceptance of her offer to pay for the water, Tairin smiled and nodded approvingly, continuing to quietly speak in her native tongue. "It pleases me to extend such an offer." Hearing the woman speak of Amenti, Tairin was genuinely surprised and wondered if they have ever met before at the Royal Palace or Temple. "It is strange that our paths have not crossed before this day, Sister. My family is tied to the Royal House through blood and service." She swiftly pondered the woman's words regarding the past and realised she concurred with such sentiment. "The past has its own stories and names, indeed. I call my bodyguard there, 'Bear', for he reminds me of such. He does not complain even though I know his true name well enough." She gave her new acquaintance an affectionate wink. "When we speak thusly, in fellowship, may I simply call you 'Red'? The Red Seer seems such a formal title, indeed."

Tairin's dark eyes glanced at the well guard, not forgetting to pay for the water lest the man grow agitated and think she was robbing him and his master. How I wish I could wash the sand and dust from my person. I miss my beautiful bath back in Amenti.


Female Civilised Yar-Ammonite Witch (Bouda) 1 | HP 17 (1d6(=6)+1 FC + 2 Con +8) | Defence AC 12 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 10) [/ooc] | CMB: -1, CMD: 11/9 |FL F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:15, Bouda Eye DC 15, Healing | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 3 | Active conditions: None.

She Who Knows looks at Tairin and thinks, eventually replying:-

"I think I might have seen you. It is hard to be sure, but we almost must have. I mean Amenti is not that large and if appearances are accurate we are about the same age. I am even related to the Royal House, no-where near the succession though. Calling me Red... a good idea. Both of my names are lengthy and sound formal. Red it is. The Ghostbear seems a fine choice of bodyguard, well armed and gigantic, his mere presence must avoid many incidents."

As she speaks, She Who Knows's somewhat alienating otherworldly manner fades somewhat.


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 1 /AC 15, T12, FF13/ HP 18/18, F+1/+5, R+5, W+0/ CMB +0, CMD 13/Init +3, Perc. +6/+8, Speed 30ft, Image of Tairin

As if striking a deal, Tairin nodded decidedly on the concord in name. "Perhaps, we have attended one of the High-King's ceremonies and walked right past the other, Red. But if you are relation, even somewhat distant, then it is good we have met."

At mention of her bodyguard, Tairin gestured Bjoern closer, reverting back to the Susrahnite tongue, "Come, Bear, I did not mean to exclude you. I simply missed speaking in my native tongue. I indulged and now I am satisfied." She gave him her usual mischievous grin.

The muttering dark stranger with the faded robes caught her eye again and she gestured to both her companions, "Do either of you know who that man is? Strange fellow shaking his coin pouch and moving from fire to fire. Bear, please go find out who he is and what he seeks? None of the caravan drivers seem inclined to speak with him. If he appears civil enough to join us, then bring him to me."

I'll respond to any conversation/rp in my morning. :)


Bjoern Ghostbear wrote:
Feeling embolded by the so uncommon plain and fair speech Bjoern moves forward."Two full skins and a horn for me, holding the almost empty skins and a rather big horn in his big callused hands."

The guard turns and studies Bjoern without a word, his eyes appraising the large man for a moment, studying both his size and weapons. Though the older guard is tall for his people, he is several inches shorter than Bjoern, and not nearly as large across the shoulders.

He casually widens his stance, but a trained warrior would recognize the movement also puts him in a better position to defend against a possible or sudden attack from Bjeorn - of course, the move could also be coincidence...

Realizing that this man is attached to the woman he already spoke to he grunts, as if guessing there will be no outright attack at this time.

"The price is five silver pieces for each skin of water, three gold for horses and five gold for camels," he says, though he speaks to Tairin directly, though it's clear he is still wary of Bjoern.

From what I can tell, 1 Skin of Water would be roughly 1/2 gallon, or roughly 2 liters. This is enough to water a person for 1 day in the wild, with care. Horses and camels need more water which is why their price is higher.

She Who Knows wrote:

She Who Knows smiles at the older guard, not acknowledging the younger, and says:-

Indeed. And yes, I too need water. Two skins and a drink for me also."

The guard's eyes flick to hers and he studies her for a moment.

"The price is the same," he says with a blunt but polite tone.

"If you wish for a drink we have date wine. You may have a cup of it if you wish for only one silver piece. If you like it you could buy a jug of it, for we have several - but a jug will cost you a gold piece."

He looks back to Tairin.

Still favorably disposed to you via the Natural 20 - but though he's not been overt, it's clear he's been listening to you and She Who Knows talking...

"Belthaar is only about two days from here on foot and the road is straight and clearly marked. A day from here you will find a small village near to the road. They are goat herders there, perhaps only about fifty or sixty people - but they built their village near to water. They allow strangers to share the water for a price and they often have trinkets or goods to sell travelers for longer journeys into the wastes."

"I tell you now, their trinkets and tools are poorly made. Further, when they see your rich gear it is likely they will haggle with you to increase their profits on what they sell, for you are dressed better than most shepherds or nomads and they would guess you have more coin to spend."

"You are wise to buy your water here, I do not haggle and my price is fair," he adds in a matter-of-fact voice.


Human Ikuna Alchemist 1 | HP: 13/20 | AC: 16+1, T: 12, FF: 14+1 | Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +1 | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | Init: +2, Perception: +6 | Mutagen[] | Speed: 30ft

The dark man settles and stares intently at the grand tent with the many guards. He paces slowly, silently, considering the tent with some measure of interest. What he thinks and wonders remain as obscure as the sun in the desert night, but clearly he is comfortable in his own mind, not like the gossiping city nobles or the warring wasteland barbarians. But at last he turns away to avoid the unwarranted suspicion of the guards and stares deeply into the darkness.


Male Human (Tharag Thulan)
Stats:
hp 22/22 AC 20|T 12 |FF 18, F +6|R +2|W +4, Init +2, Per +6
Gladiator 1

Bjoern just shuckles and smiles."Indulge some more. Your voice is like a birdsong. Nice!"
Looking around he nods to a shady spot and slowly drinks from the well, savoring the clean fresh water.
At Tairin´s request he quickly nods and slowly makes his way towards the man. He tries to be as unagressive as possible, but alas he does not fit into this area, like a warthog in a seraglio.
He finally reaches the man and holding out his open hands, more paws than hands really and slowly speaks to the man.
"My mistress would like to talk to you. I think that could be to your benefit." Choosing words to be as unoffensive as possible, but still seeing the fear in the man almost half his size.


Human Ikuna Alchemist 1 | HP: 13/20 | AC: 16+1, T: 12, FF: 14+1 | Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +1 | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | Init: +2, Perception: +6 | Mutagen[] | Speed: 30ft

Half? Are you 13 feet tall?

Anhur stroked his chin thoughtfully, sizing up the man and the company he'd come from. [i]"Which is your mistress, I wonder?"[/b] He thought, looking past the enormous figure. He considered the man's words, and his weapons, and decided he might be under some kind of threat. Here in the open, he might be slain. But in the presence of the guards, and with a soft woman nearby, he would have more advantages.
"I will come." He said simply, following the man back to the water. He remained silent and gripped his spear tightly, his whole body a coiled spring ready to be released against any sign of aggression.


Male Human (Tharag Thulan)
Stats:
hp 22/22 AC 20|T 12 |FF 18, F +6|R +2|W +4, Init +2, Per +6
Gladiator 1

Size is not only height but also bodymass!


Human Ikuna Alchemist 1 | HP: 13/20 | AC: 16+1, T: 12, FF: 14+1 | Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +1 | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | Init: +2, Perception: +6 | Mutagen[] | Speed: 30ft

Fair enough. Still, I'm not small.
So are you going to introduce us?


Female Civilised Yar-Ammonite Witch (Bouda) 1 | HP 17 (1d6(=6)+1 FC + 2 Con +8) | Defence AC 12 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 10) [/ooc] | CMB: -1, CMD: 11/9 |FL F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:15, Bouda Eye DC 15, Healing | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 3 | Active conditions: None.

Noting he Ikuna's obvious tension as the pair approach, She Who Knows almost reflexively moves to the balls of her feat but appears outwardly calm, saying in Sushranite:-

"Relax good sir, we mean you no harm. I am the Red Seer and this is Tairin. We are both natives of Yar-Ammon."


Human Ikuna Alchemist 1 | HP: 13/20 | AC: 16+1, T: 12, FF: 14+1 | Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +1 | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | Init: +2, Perception: +6 | Mutagen[] | Speed: 30ft

"Ahhhh, the land of many mysteries. Yes, I have been there, but I could not stay."
"They drove me out."
"I am Anhur, of-" "Ikuna..." "-Azimba." He dips his head in greeting. He waves to Bear. "Is this your war-man?"
Anhur's stance is broad and confident, and his grip on his spear is solid and familiar.


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 1 /AC 15, T12, FF13/ HP 18/18, F+1/+5, R+5, W+0/ CMB +0, CMD 13/Init +3, Perc. +6/+8, Speed 30ft, Image of Tairin

As the well guard mentioned the cost of the water and wine, Tairin opened the strings of her pouch and pulled out three gold pieces and five silver pieces and handed them to the elder man. She quickly did up the strings and placed it deep within her linen cloak.

"For the water. And, we will certainly take a jug of your date wine, thank you."

Elder well guard wrote:

"You are wise to buy your water here, I do not haggle and my price is fair," he adds in a matter-of-fact voice.

Tairin once again inclined her head at the man's integrity. "Thank you for cautioning us on the goat herders near Belthaar. And for advising us how much further we have to go before we reach Belthaar."

---------------------------

Tairin watched the man beside Bear and noted the fierce tension in the stranger's body.

It was good of Red to make the introductions and she heard the man mention his name and homeland. Tairin inclined her head a little upon the greeting.

Anhur wrote:

He waves to Bear. "Is this your war-man?

In quiet Susrahnite, she answered him, her dark eyes holding his,

"He is one of my family. We protect the other. I asked him to see what was troubling you. I watched you move from fire to fire, man to man. What is it you earnestly seek, Anhur of the Akimba?"


Human Ikuna Alchemist 1 | HP: 13/20 | AC: 16+1, T: 12, FF: 14+1 | Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +1 | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | Init: +2, Perception: +6 | Mutagen[] | Speed: 30ft

Anhur stretched out his hand in a crooked gesture towards the camel drivers. "Those men have too many camels. They will only bring them trouble. Yet they would not part with one, even for a sum of many coins." He held up the bag close to him, coins jingling within. He then restored it to beneath his robe. "I lost much to bandits in the wastes. This was all they returned."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Civilised Yar-Ammonite Witch (Bouda) 1 | HP 17 (1d6(=6)+1 FC + 2 Con +8) | Defence AC 12 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 10) [/ooc] | CMB: -1, CMD: 11/9 |FL F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:15, Bouda Eye DC 15, Healing | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 3 | Active conditions: None.

"We have no camels to sell. I am sorry to hear of your loss to bandits. I am heading into Sushrah, where are the rest of you going? Perhaps we can travel together for mutual safety."replies She Who Knows while thinking when did bandits ever return anything?


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 1 /AC 15, T12, FF13/ HP 18/18, F+1/+5, R+5, W+0/ CMB +0, CMD 13/Init +3, Perc. +6/+8, Speed 30ft, Image of Tairin

Her dark brow shot up ever so discernibly at mention of the robbing and then something being returned, yet it was none of her concern to question it nor did she think he would say more than he already had.

"May you not suffer another misfortune like that on this route, Anhur of Akimba. Like Red, we do not have camels to sell you." Upon hearing the Red Seer's proposition, Tairin smiled, "I am headed for Belthaar, so I would gladly travel together. Bear, do you concur?", looking to the imposing Northman to answer for himself (although more times than not she'd answered for them both).


Tairin of the Veils wrote:
"For the water. And, we will certainly take a jug of your date wine, thank you."

The man cups his hand and accepts the coins. However, before he puts them away he pauses to test the metal and examine the coins for markings to see where they originated from and possibly their purity. Eventually he seems satisfied with them and puts them in a pouch.

"Many thanks," he the older guard says with a polite nod of his head.

Tairin of the Veils wrote:
Tairin once again inclined her head at the man's integrity. "Thank you for cautioning us on the goat herders near Belthaar. And for advising us how much further we have to go before we reach Belthaar."

The man grunts.

"I do not mind warning you of them for those scum have cost us a good deal of money in the past with their sly ways," he says with a frown as he flexes his hands in frustration at some memory, then he shrugs.

"I will return in a moment with the water and wine."

As you and your companions talk he moves to the well and motions to the younger guard. Soon they return with five skins full of water and an old clay jug filled with date wine.

The younger man eye's the jug with some annoyance, as if he is not pleased that travelers would be leaving them with one less jug of wine, but he says nothing as the older guard passes it over to you.

As the wind shifts through the mountain pass and there are strange echoes through the rocks above as it blows. The older guard's eyes narrow and the younger guard drops his hand to his sword hilt and peers into the gloom surrounding the camp.

The wind eventually dies down but now the air is much colder. The younger guard releases his sword hilt and then stalks off, but the older guard turns to your company.

"The mountains are dangerous, but this place is easier to defend then the paths which lead here..." he mutters.

He scowls at the dark hills then shakes his head and turns his gaze back to your company.

"There were fell voices in the wind just now, though perhaps they have passed... it would be wise not to wander far from the fires of this camp tonight."


Female Civilised Yar-Ammonite Witch (Bouda) 1 | HP 17 (1d6(=6)+1 FC + 2 Con +8) | Defence AC 12 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 10) [/ooc] | CMB: -1, CMD: 11/9 |FL F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:15, Bouda Eye DC 15, Healing | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 3 | Active conditions: None.

"What dangers are there here, aside from the cold, which I am sure has claimed no few lives?"asks She Who Knows, unobtrusively keeping a wary eye on the younger soldier who she does not trust.


Male Human (Tharag Thulan)
Stats:
hp 22/22 AC 20|T 12 |FF 18, F +6|R +2|W +4, Init +2, Per +6
Gladiator 1

Bjoern looks at Anhur, who tries to look manly and the strange woman called the red seer and shrugs."There is safety in numbers. That much is true. And Anhur tries to look like someone who knows to handle a spear. We will see if he really can. The woman, well guarding one or two makes no difference."
When the guard returns Bjoern takes his skins and the mug, ready to give Tairin the first drink, as she payed for it.
"Wise words, wise words. I will remember them!"


Female Civilised Yar-Ammonite Witch (Bouda) 1 | HP 17 (1d6(=6)+1 FC + 2 Con +8) | Defence AC 12 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 10) [/ooc] | CMB: -1, CMD: 11/9 |FL F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:15, Bouda Eye DC 15, Healing | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 3 | Active conditions: None.
Bjoern Ghostbear wrote:
" The woman, well guarding one or two makes no difference."

"Very gallant of you Bee-orn. And please call me Red." replies She Who Knows, while thinking and don't call me "the woman". He is most generous offering his protection. Still, it can only be good, I am alone, a long way from home and surrounded by potential enemies.


Human Ikuna Alchemist 1 | HP: 13/20 | AC: 16+1, T: 12, FF: 14+1 | Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +1 | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | Init: +2, Perception: +6 | Mutagen[] | Speed: 30ft
Bjoern Ghostbear wrote:
"...And Anhur tries to look like someone who knows to handle a spear. We will see if he really can."

Did you just say this to my face? In Susrahnite?
I see you are RP-ing your 7 charisma.

"Have you not heard of the Azimba people, and our talent with spears?" Anhur scoffs. "I am no great warrior among them, but I am strong." He pounds his chest with his fist, rattling some kind of armor beneath his robe.

She Who Knows wrote:
"Perhaps we can travel together for mutual safety."

Anhur eyes the woman with suspicious eyes and a mischievous smile. "Yes, there is safety in numbers... if you can trust the other numbers." After examining the Yar-Ammonite women and the husky giant, he nods. "You would be poor bandits. You will have my company."

The Guard wrote:
"There were fell voices in the wind just now, though perhaps they have passed... it would be wise not to wander far from the fires of this camp tonight."

"We will be watchful."


Male Human (Tharag Thulan)
Stats:
hp 22/22 AC 20|T 12 |FF 18, F +6|R +2|W +4, Init +2, Per +6
Gladiator 1

Yes he does and yes I DO!


Female Civilised Yar-Ammonite Witch (Bouda) 1 | HP 17 (1d6(=6)+1 FC + 2 Con +8) | Defence AC 12 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 10) [/ooc] | CMB: -1, CMD: 11/9 |FL F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:15, Bouda Eye DC 15, Healing | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 3 | Active conditions: None.

She Who Knows looks around.

Dain GM wrote:

Getting started

Currently there is a camel driver with four camels and various items; he has three other men with him and they seem like they're not just merchants, but also capable fighters. They're currently eating by one of the fires.

There is a large tent and inside it there is rumored to be a priest; there are four guards outside and there are six horses attached.

Finally there is a lone nomad-looking person sharing the fire with the camel drivers; but he is clearly an outsider, but you do not where he comes from as he is wearing a shemagh that covers much of his face.

"Hmmm. There is supposed to be a priest in that tent over there. And the man over there wearing the shemaghisn't one of the camel herders, he seems to be a nomad of some sort. That seems to be the things that may be worth exploring here. Or we could just rest and drink the date wine. "

Dain GM- What time of day is it?


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 1 /AC 15, T12, FF13/ HP 18/18, F+1/+5, R+5, W+0/ CMB +0, CMD 13/Init +3, Perc. +6/+8, Speed 30ft, Image of Tairin
Bjoern Ghostbear wrote:

And Anhur tries to look like someone who knows to handle a spear. We will see if he really can. The woman, well guarding one or two makes no difference."[/B]

When the guard returns Bjoern takes his skins and the mug, ready to give Tairin the first drink, as she payed for it.

Tairin, satisfied with Bjoern's show of devotion, took the mug and slowly sipped the water, cool from the well. She licked any droplets which escaped her mouth and returned his mug to him. "You do look after me, Bear." Tairin's voice was silky smooth.

She had heard Bear beat his chest with his words to show he was first warrior and that made her skin tingle - such virility and vigour impressed her in her protector.

Anhur wrote:

"Have you not heard of the Azimba people, and our talent with spears?" Anhur scoffs. "I am no great warrior among them, but I am strong."

Soft laughter tinkled on the cooling air. "Anhur of Akimba, you must grow thicker skin. Bjoern's words did not hold malice. Come now, you say you are warrior, then you are. The depth of your strength will come out in battle some day for us to see."

Anhur wrote:

After examining the Yar-Ammonite women and the husky giant, he nods. "You would be poor bandits. You will have my company."

Tairin laughed once more. "Oh, Anhur, but you are a lively one." The remainder of her thoughts, Tairin kept to herself.

Elder guard wrote:

He scowls at the dark hills then shakes his head and turns his gaze back to your company.

"There were fell voices in the wind just now, though perhaps they have passed... it would be wise not to wander far from the fires of this camp tonight."

Tairin sobered a little upon the elder well guard's warning. Her deep eyes looked out over the dark hills and surrounds, listening to determine if there were indeed voices on the wind that did not belong to the caravan around the well.

"We will remain by a fire over this night."

Red Seer wrote:

There is supposed to be a priest in that tent over there...There seems to be the things that may be worth exploring here. Or we could just rest and drink the date wine."

Tairin poured herself a mug of the date wing and swirled it lightly in her hand. Her gaze took to the Priest's tent - she'd momentarily forgotten about him when she asked Bear to bring the Azimban to her. She looked for colours on the Priest's people or banners to determine which faith he was a part of.

Know. Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


August 1st
Time: Roughly 9:30 PM
Location: Kharjah Pass
Moon Cycle: Roughly Half Moon; Next Full Moon 8th of August
Moon Cycle
Weather Conditions: Cold, windy.
Temperature: 40 F, or 4.44 C

To keep things simple I’m using our own Calendar to make things easy (it should be noted that this is a northern hemisphere, not southern).

As the winds die down and people take their drinks, She Who Knows offers a query to the two guards.

She Who Knows wrote:
"What dangers are there here, aside from the cold, which I am sure has claimed no few lives?"asks She Who Knows, unobtrusively keeping a wary eye on the younger soldier who she does not trust.

Surprisingly it is the younger soldier that answers.

”Some say there are wights that haunt the high places – others say there are foul creatures that live in the crests far above, hiding in the snows thousands of feet above us, and that in the winter months when the snows drift lower then it is said they will make raids down the mountainside and assail travelers…. Personally, I think…” he continues, but the elder guard cuts him off with a harsh motion then send him away.

The elder guard turns to you.

”I may have spoken rashly. The fact is that none of us have seen any of the things my superstitious companion has muttered about. However, there are always dangers in the wild, but despite fears, I would doubt those threats are no worse than any other place. Yet it is still wiser to stay in a well-armed company in a well-lit place,” he adds politely.

Sense Motive DC 12:

It is clear that the elder guard is holding back information. However, he is not lying; but common sense would suggest that he’s a businessman and runs his business with integrity, but he’s worried about competition. Therefore it’s likely that sharing gossip or rumors which discourage travelers from avoiding the camp and the wells is not something he is in favor of. So in short, you don’t think he is lying – he honestly hasn’t seen any of the threats that the younger guard spoke of; but he won't share rumors or speculation that isn't proven and could hurt business. On the other hand, even unproven rumors may be important. What you do with this information is up to you, of course…

Tairin of the Veils wrote:

"We will remain by a fire over this night."

Tairin poured herself a mug of the date wing and swirled it lightly in her hand. Her gaze took to the Priest's tent - she'd momentarily forgotten about him when she asked Bear to bring the Azimban to her. She looked for colours on the Priest's people or banners to determine which faith he was a part of.

Tairin Knowledge Religion 18:

Difficult to gauge; his guards don't have any ceremonial gear on them; you'd wager they're likely mercenaries, not something like the Faith Militant. This already tells you that whoever this "Priest" is; he is not someone who has trained acolytes in his employ, but rather someone with coin to hire common bodyguards.

Based on the few markings you see, you believe he may be a follower of Baal-Khardah, though you are not wholly sure if he is even a priest, or if he's merely using that as a ruse to bribe local folk... at least, not without further examination.


Female Civilised Yar-Ammonite Witch (Bouda) 1 | HP 17 (1d6(=6)+1 FC + 2 Con +8) | Defence AC 12 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 10) [/ooc] | CMB: -1, CMD: 11/9 |FL F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:15, Bouda Eye DC 15, Healing | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 3 | Active conditions: None.

She Who Knows nods at the warnings of the guards, replying:-

"Your warnings seem well founded sirs."

not wholly sincerely with regard to the younger soldier, then turns to her new companions, adding:-

"It is growing cold and will get more so. I suggest we seek a place to sleep, and firewood if we cannot warm ourselves by the fires already burning."


Male Human (Tharag Thulan)
Stats:
hp 22/22 AC 20|T 12 |FF 18, F +6|R +2|W +4, Init +2, Per +6
Gladiator 1

Taking his share of date wine Bjoern slowly sips a few, enjoying the spice taste and fruity notion, he looks to the others.
"A fire is a good idea, and maybe we can buy a fresh slab of meat and some roots or a loaf of bread. Or booth!"
He looks at Tairin and smiles."You are much better in buying, then me. Remember the souk, when I tried to buy the blanket?"
He shudders.
Looking at Red he just silently shrugs.Those southerns call this cold. Cold is when you blade freezes to your skin. Cold is when you piss chunks of ice. This is a nice warm wind!


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 1 /AC 15, T12, FF13/ HP 18/18, F+1/+5, R+5, W+0/ CMB +0, CMD 13/Init +3, Perc. +6/+8, Speed 30ft, Image of Tairin

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 3
She had listened to both the elder and younger well guard and although she did not care much for the younger, his words echoed in her mind, even as the elder guard's assurances of kind were given.

She Who Knows wrote:

"It is growing cold and will get more so. I suggest we seek a place to sleep, and firewood if we cannot warm ourselves by the fires already burning."

"Bjoern can you find us some wood, please. I would have our own fire and light."

Looking to the guards, she added in a charming fashion, "We will not keep you from your duties any further. We will heed your advice promptly. I bid you a good and safe night." Tairin smiled at the guards and then gestured for her companions to move with her to put a little distance between themselves and the others, while remaining within the light and warmth of the surrounding fires.

Away from prying ears, she quietly added to Bjoern, Red and Anhur, "The Priest's men do not wear the general ceremonial robes of acolytes. It would not surprise me if they are hired mercenaries. The Priest may not even be what he portrays himself to be - possibly a ruse to bribe the local, simple dwellers. Without speaking with him or watching even more closely, I cannot determine this for a fact. I can say that he appears to be a follower of Baal-Khardah, the Sun-God of Susrah worshipped only by nobleborn."


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 1 /AC 15, T12, FF13/ HP 18/18, F+1/+5, R+5, W+0/ CMB +0, CMD 13/Init +3, Perc. +6/+8, Speed 30ft, Image of Tairin
Bjoern wrote:

"A fire is a good idea, and maybe we can buy a fresh slab of meat and some roots or a loaf of bread. Or booth!"

He looks at Tairin and smiles. "You are much better in buying, then me. Remember the souk, when I tried to buy the blanket?"
He shudders.

Hearing Bear speak of purchasing meat or some flat bread from the surrounding caravan folk, Tairin nodded and softly chuckled, "Yes, leave the bargaining to me, dear Bear." She had some rations in her pack, but it would not hurt to enquire.

With the cooler night wind, Tairin wound the linen cloak around her, tying it and then pulled a bright scarf from her pack and wound it loosely around her neck. This was not the time to use her physical charms; instead believing her social charms would certainly be useful.

Perception to note any cooking meats (or slabs of meat) and such among the groups: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Discreetly to her fellow Yar-Ammonite, she said, "Red, will you join me in seeking out some food? Two women may give us an advantage when approaching these camel herders and alike - we appear less threatening and more deserving of kindness."

If Red complies, Tairin will approach a more "friendly looking" group or one with meals being prepared.

With a gentle smile on her face, she began, "Good evening, kind travellers. I am Tairin and this is my companion, Red. Would you have a little spare meat, dates, figs or flat bread we may purchase this night?"

Diplomacy to approach and source/buy food stuff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Male Human (Tharag Thulan)
Stats:
hp 22/22 AC 20|T 12 |FF 18, F +6|R +2|W +4, Init +2, Per +6
Gladiator 1

Bjoern nods and moves around buying camel dung and wood.
1 silver?


August 1st
Time: Roughly 9:45 PM
Location: Kharjah Pass – Campsite at Guarded Well

Tairin of the Veils wrote:
Looking to the guards, she added in a charming fashion, "We will not keep you from your duties any further. We will heed your advice promptly. I bid you a good and safe night." Tairin smiled at the guards and then gestured for her companions to move with her to put a little distance between themselves and the others, while remaining within the light and warmth of the surrounding fires.

The elder guard gives a curt nod, but by now you’re realizing because of his blunt nature and direct ways this is merely him attempting to be courteous. However, the younger guard says nothing. Also, he is no longer leering but now he seems to be a bit edgy and peers into the gloom of the night, as if suspicious of even the darkness.

Tairin of the Veils wrote:
"Bjoern can you find us some wood, please. I would have our own fire and light."

There is little amount of wood for fire in his place, but Bjoern does what he can.

Bjoern Ghostbear wrote:
Bjoern nods and moves around buying camel dung and wood.

Bjoern, there is little wood to buy or find. You could wander into the surrounding area – the sky is clear and there’s enough moonlight that the visibility would only be “Dim Lighting” but it may take some time and Survival Roll to find it. However, there also seems to be enough dried camel dung behind the stone building which houses the guards. They accept the silver and you’re allowed to take as much as the dung as you need to make a sizeable fire – though, of course, you’re also free to search the surrounding area for wood if you’d like. Just let me know your preference…

At this point Tairin and Red go to find food from the folk nearby.

Tairin/Red; normally I’d wait to see if Red could use an Aid Check, but your roll was probably good enough.

Via your Perception Check you notice that the Nomads are eating some kind of porridge made of dried chick peas or some sort of lentils boiled in some water; they have no meat to share (or are unwilling to share/sell) but they will share some of the lentils without cost.

Tairin of the Veils wrote:
With a gentle smile on her face, she began, "Good evening, kind travellers. I am Tairin and this is my companion, Red. Would you have a little spare meat, dates, figs or flat bread we may purchase this night?"

Knowledge Geography 10 via the Nomads:

It is not uncommon for Nomads to be courteous to guests. If they accept you as a guest then sharing food is custom; for it is known that at some point any Nomad may be the guest of another and if the sharing of food with guests is not a custom then they would be in serious trouble on their travels. This makes you believe that they do not have any meat to share, for it is also known that as a matter of pride that guests are often given better than the hosts to prove that the success/status of the host to their guests.

The lone outsider merely watches the interchange but says nothing, his keen eyes appraising you in and gleaming in the firelight. He seems to have his own food and has not asked the Nomads to share their supplies. Also, at this distance you can tell he’s not of the same race, though he’s dressed the same. You’re not sure what race he is as his face is still covered by the warm scarves.

When you near the tent for the Priest you can smell incense from within and see a dull light glowing from inside the tent. You are also able to approach the guards outside the tent and ask them as well.

When you ask the question to the guards at the priest’s tent, they glance at each other. However, seeing two well-dressed women of refinement. They bow, and one of them turns and ducks under the tent.

After a moment he returns and is told you may both enter the tent to speak to their master, if you wish…

Anhur you indicated you would like to travel with the others; which group will you aid at this time, Bjeorn or the ladies? Your location will affect the outcome of how things develop.


Female Civilised Yar-Ammonite Witch (Bouda) 1 | HP 17 (1d6(=6)+1 FC + 2 Con +8) | Defence AC 12 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 10) [/ooc] | CMB: -1, CMD: 11/9 |FL F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:15, Bouda Eye DC 15, Healing | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 3 | Active conditions: None.

She Who Knows will accompany Tairin to seek food. She will thank the nomads for the beans they offer free of charge and nod an acknowledgement to the lone outsider.

While making her way from the nomads to the priest's tent she casts an anxious glance skyward, saying to Tairin, and Anhur if he is there:-

"The moon. A good sign. Clouds may bring rain and that would be grim if we lack tents, which I do. Despite the Ghostbear's indifference, it will be cold enough to kill this night without the means to keep warm. Rain would be... unfortunate."

She Who Knows will accept the offer of entry to the priest's tent and enter with a respectful bow.


Human Ikuna Alchemist 1 | HP: 13/20 | AC: 16+1, T: 12, FF: 14+1 | Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +1 | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | Init: +2, Perception: +6 | Mutagen[] | Speed: 30ft
Dain DM wrote:
Anhur you indicated you would like to travel with the others; which group will you aid at this time, Bjeorn or the ladies? Your location will affect the outcome of how things develop.

I think of Anhur as a bit of a sexist, and right now he probably wants a chance to outwit Bjoern or learn about the source of his strength. So, weirdly, I'm going camel dung-ing.

Anhur follows Bjoern to aid in the heavy lifting. When all they can find freely is dung, Anhur shakes his head. "This will not burn for a night. We must find wood or buy a place around a fire."


She Who Knows wrote:
She Who Knows will accept the offer of entry to the priest's tent and enter with a respectful bow.

Those who enter the tent:

Inside the tent you see several thick rugs laid on the ground to cover the sands. You see a small fire in a burning inside a ring of small stones. Its light allows you to see various packs and bundles placed in a snug area near the back of the tent and blankets arrayed as if there is a makeshift bed near the gear.

The inside smells of heavy incense which mask the odors of the desert as well as keep away any pests which may come to examine fire.

Sitting across from you there is a man who is in his mid-thirties. He’s fairly well-groomed and dressed in what may either be black or dark blue robes. Hanging around his neck is a golden disc, like a medallion.

Resting across his lap is a long staff with a golden head carved in the likeness of a ram. Around his waist is a long belt made of linked silver plates and a scimitar with an ivory hilt is inside an ebony sheath inlaid with gold.

There are bronze plates on the rugs near him. One has dried figs on it, the other has dried dates on it. Finally there is a small bronze pitcher and two small bronze cups.

You do not think the man is pure Susrahite, though you cannot be sure of his lineage; but despite his olive skin his eyes are a startling blue. He watches you carefully as you enter.

When you come into his tent he stands to great you formally, placing one hand on his breast, his other hand holding his staff.

”Greetings, honored guest,” he says with a low and melodious voice.

”May the Lord of the Eternal Flame bless you and keep you,” he adds, his eyes watching you as he lowers his head politely.

He then straightens up and studies you carefully.

”I am Bahram Khan, faithful servant of the Most Holy Baal-Khardah – I am pleased to meet you,” he says after a moment.

”Who is it that I have the honor of addressing?” he adds solicitously.

While you have been invited inside, it is clear he will first follow “court formalities” and go through the motions of introductions and greetings with you before coming to the point – this is not surprising as it’s a practice of educated folk, as well as those who grew up in noble families. However, this means he at least is educated more than a mere con-artist might be, or so it would seem. What do you do?


Anhur wrote:
Anhur follows Bjoern to aid in the heavy lifting. When all they can find freely is dung, Anhur shakes his head. "This will not burn for a night. We must find wood or buy a place around a fire."

The camp you’re at now is located at a place where you would guess that snows often melt and run down from the high mountain peaks which flank the pass. You think the water is collected in a wide pool or natural basin which the camp was built against.

Beyond the camp you can see path which extends into the darkness but you know from what the guards have said that it will start to descend to a fork - east to Balthaar and northeast to Yaatana.

You can see that the water in the wide pool might run down the mountainside from the pool, but the pool has been dammed and that the opening to the dam is currently shut. If the dam is opened when the run-off waters are filled to overflowing than the water would travel down wide, shallow gorges - now dry with the pool dammed - which would let the water flow down the mountainside.

Near the sides of these shallow gorges you can see scrub brush and cactus grass growing. However, you can also see that further down the mountain there are places where the land levels out a bit before descending again.

You would guess that there may be some places where small pools of water may have collected as you can see what looks like clumps of tall trees on the mountainside that seem to be evergreen (specifically they look like the East Himalayan fir tree).

Of course, it is hard to be sure as these tree clumps are – from your best guess in the dim moonlight – roughly a half mile away. But you would guess that if you reached the trees you could find plenty of wood for your fires.

What do you do?


Male Human (Tharag Thulan)
Stats:
hp 22/22 AC 20|T 12 |FF 18, F +6|R +2|W +4, Init +2, Per +6
Gladiator 1

Bjoern looks at Anhur and raises his eyebrow."Why not. Works pretty well. Smelly though. How do you think they make the arena warm?"

1 to 50 of 245 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Spider God's Bride - All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.