Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Sounds of War (Inactive)

Game Master Arcmagik

A campaign that is heavily influenced by Kingmaker; yet nothing will be as you expect...


401 to 450 of 1,341 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

The man laughs, "There are three of you, and ten of us. I am pretty sure that we have the biggest claim to this keep." He points to Grendolynn and Teyran, "You can leave all your stuff and run along, but you are a pretty thing; you stay. He gestures at Valeska with a rot-teethed grin, " Boys, if they don't put their weapons down then kill them, but save the pretty one for me."


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

Readied action to throw spear at the leader should he initiate agression.

Attack if needed 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 -2 if 20-40' away
Confirm critical 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

As if trying to put distance between herself and the leering bandit, Valeska takes a step back.... And raises her crossbow.

Lt xBow attack Leader: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Lt xBox damage Leader: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Initiative, if needed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Will there be a map?


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

Seeing Valeska & the others preparing for violence, Tad raises his bow, pulling the arrow back & sighting down the shaft at the closest bandit to Grendolynn.
Longbow Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12. Presumably this is the bandit leader as well.
Longbow damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13, not before Valeska or Grendolynn however.


male Aasimar (Angel Blooded) Paladin level 3

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

After seeing Valeska withdraw and fire, Teyran advanced, raising his sword off of his shoulder and striking at the leader.

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 1) + 5 = 12


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


There will not be a map, because there is no need for it.

The mouthy bandit leader was ill-prepared for the response from the trio. Grendolynn spear takes him in a vital place which brings out howls of cursing and shrieks of pain. He turns to flee but before he can make a move Valeska's bolt takes him down.

The other bandits outnumbering the party three to one immediately scatter from the onslaught as apparently the leader was the only thing that kept them . Most of them don't even bother to take their weapons as they flee the keep away from the trio.


Male Dhamphir Bard 1

Grendolynn, Valeska, remind me never to piss either of you off!

Erostil will run to the downed man, checking his wounds and trying to stem the bleeding if the man is alive. The other bandits were running, but the leader of these men might be a useful source of information, and thus needed to be kept alive. Using the string from his pack, and the sap, he will try and fashion some crude tourniquets, as well as bandages from the man's clothing.


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

"The job offer still stands! It's better than dying out there!" Valeska reloads her crossbow maintaining her position. She signals for the others to approach.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

^_^ I was hoping that would happen.

Grendolynn will walk over to the fallen leader and retrieve her spear, ready to throw it at any more trouble makers.


male Aasimar (Angel Blooded) Paladin level 3

Teyran approached the fallen man and looked him over. "I had expected as much. Cowards, the lot of them. Strike down the leader and the rest scatter like roaches. If they take up your offer and attempt to redeem themselves, I would not want them in a combat role." He looked back at the wagons that brought them here, and added, "We should have Kesten's men circle the castle. Whether they fight to the death or surrender to us, I don't want to encounter them again, under the direction of a different bandit lord."


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

Valeska looks outward perhaps hoping some would take her on her offer. "Kesten's men may be injured, let's not put them in jeopardy. And, Teyran... this was no bandit lord, hardly a bandit. His men and women if there be, fell in with him for many reasons... perhaps in this hostile environment, the simplest being "safety in numbers".

"I'm sure there will be enough work to go around, giving them a chance to earn a decent wage is not a bad thing. Oleg can find work for them, I'm certain. Repairing and rebuilding this place, for one."


HP 30/30 ~ AC18 tch13 ff15 ~ CMD18 ~ Fort+5 Ref+5 Will+3

Morley gets into position, and remains posted at the gate to keep the scattering bandits from slipping away.
"Alright boys... Drop your weapons, and we'll have no problems. I think you should listen to the young lady. It is a good offer."


HP 14/14; Init +3; Per +4, Low-Light Vision; AC 13, T 13, FF 10; F +1, R +5, W +3 (+2 vs mind, +1 vs Fear), immune sleep

Antha observes her companions' ease in ridding the keep of its rabble, ready to assist if necessary but not willing to make use of her Art if it could be avoided.


Male Human Cleric 2 | HP 16/16 | AC 19 Tch 13 FF 16 | F +4, R +3, W +7 | Init +3 | Perc +3 | Chan 5/5 | Rest Tch 6/6 | Fire 6/6 | Hero 4/5

Arasmes moves in to look at the downed bandit leader, joining Erostil in seeing to the the man.

Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
might get a bonus with Erostil's assistance. Just need +1 to get the First Aid DC to stabilize.


Male Dhamphir Bard 1

Note to self, get ranks in heal for this guy when he levels up!

Heal check assist: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18


Most of the bandits escaped out of holes in the walls after fleeing when their leader died. Two of them didn't make it, clubbed in the back by a fellow bandit who wanted to escape the same way and didn't want to wait.

The leader is not dead, as matter of fact, he is still conscious (0 HP). Erostil and Aresmes get to him as he is trying to claw his way to safety, but Grendolynn appears to retrieve her spear from his body. He slips into unconsciousness but Aresmes with some help from Erostil stabilizes him.


male Aasimar (Angel Blooded) Paladin level 3

Teyran couldn't hide his irritation at the fledgling swordlord, she attacked the man out of the blue, and then repeated what he had said in claiming they were not bandits? The problem was that she seemed good enough at what they should be doing and when, but her naivete would undo them all if it wasn't corrected quickly. When they found the bodies of the people who had attempted to escape, he couldn't help himself, "Beaten to death in an attempt to escape, do you still believe that these were not bandits? Well, it doesn't matter now. I suppose we should explore the keep, and make sure there are no unpleasant surprises."


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

Seeing the man cross, "Something I did Teyran? We'll work better as a team if we air it out."


male Aasimar (Angel Blooded) Paladin level 3

"It is nothing worthy of mention," Teyran replied, apparently willing to let the matter drop. Then he seemed to have thought better of it, and added, "I suspect it is your youth more than anything. You seem to be uncertain as to whether we are fighting an enemy, or people who are in the wrong place at the wrong time. In this case, I believe that we should have taken steps to prevent the others from fleeing, because even if they are not brigands themselves, they will be taken in by others, as easily as they were taken in by this one."

Teyran stopped, realizing that as she'd said, Valeska wasn't in charge, and thus, was no more to blame than himself. "Do not take this as me questioning you, I am speaking of myself more than anyone."


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

Valeska takes the liberty of clapping the older gentleman on the shoulder, as a brother in arms. Don't tip-toe, man! Question what you'd like... how else will we know each other?

Admittedly, I was uncertain... yes. But, only to the best tact to take. I am the youngest here perhaps and most likely the least experienced. Books, lectures, sermons and study only go so far. Agreed?

But, it's a two-edged blade, no? I am not seasoned, yet not jaded either. It allows me an open mind accepting of all possibilities. Where many think or feel one way is best or have tendencies towards one tact... I tend to think situationally.

Hearing your words and desires, as well as everyone else's allowed me to formulate a winning strategy. Our force engaged another force, we suffered no casualties, the opposing force was routed. We offered quarter, they refused. Under a minute, lapse.

Maybe we will encounter some of them again. Perhaps they will remember us, perhaps they won't. If we view everyone as an enemy, they will most likely become one, Teyran. It's a brave new world... for me, at least. I'd rather make allies.


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

"Well, I'm sorry to say I was right. If I see any of them again, then I will be killing them. I don't care if they were just "following orders". Each person is responsible for their own actions, and there is always the choice of death before evil." She pauses momentarily, her eyes burning with fury. I made that choice once... Realizing she'd stopped talking, she continues "We have a clear legal obligation to end bandits by blade or rope. There are plenty of suffering people who could be brought in to work here. We don't need to resort to scum."


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

"And if one of them was a mother with her babe or pregnant? Or her man trying to provide for her and the child? Would you exact that death penalty, too. Whatever each of us may have experienced or... suffered, previously. Has your heart become that numb, cold like a stone?"

"If so, I am truly sorry. But, I will hope that when it truly matters, this is not the case."


HP 14/14; Init +3; Per +4, Low-Light Vision; AC 13, T 13, FF 10; F +1, R +5, W +3 (+2 vs mind, +1 vs Fear), immune sleep

Antha studiously avoids entering the morality debate, except to point out, "Blade or rope was the proscription for unrepentent banditry, as I recall."

"Now, ethics aside, should we signal for Kesten and the rest that they may approach?"


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

"Les make sure there's none still 'idin' in tha buildin's first." Tad responds as he moves toward the closest one.


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

"Let's." Valeska takes point in the sweep action.


Male Human Cleric 2 | HP 16/16 | AC 19 Tch 13 FF 16 | F +4, R +3, W +7 | Init +3 | Perc +3 | Chan 5/5 | Rest Tch 6/6 | Fire 6/6 | Hero 4/5

"Agreed. We'd best make sure there are no other surprises left behind as well. Of course, we'll also need to keep an eye out in case this man's allies return." Arasmes says, indicating the unconscious bandit.


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

"I wouldn't kill a pregnant woman, but the others yes. Sorry, that's just the way I see it." Grendolynn says, following the others in to search the rest of the keep.

Out of character I totally disagree, but Grendolynn had a bad childhood. She might change her mind later if experiences dictate, but right now she just feels vindicated. Apologies if it's annoying.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

As Valseka attempts to overtake him, Tad's bow swings to block her path. "Yeh den't get all tha fun fer yerself missy. Ye's got tha brains fer tha plannin' & sech. I've got tha hide fer tha scrum & sech."
Half a beat later, "Which this may or may not be." As he turns, back into the doorway.


Male Dhamphir Bard 1

Aye, clear the building and then call in Kesten's men. I will tend to our leader here

Erostil continues with the tending of the wounds of the man, leaving Arasmes to head in with the remainder of the party.


HP 30/30 ~ AC18 tch13 ff15 ~ CMD18 ~ Fort+5 Ref+5 Will+3

Morley loads his musket and props it on his shoulder. He moves over near Erostil.
"Sounds good. I'll keep an eye out here for ya."

perception (watching for trouble): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14, searching the building's interior for hidden bandits or 'surprises'.


male Aasimar (Angel Blooded) Paladin level 3

Teyran nodded, and smiled. In spite of himself, he found a lot to like in the girl. "You make a fine point, I fear that long life and the loss of loved ones tends to make even the most fiery of passions grow cold. Today, mercy is offering a defeated foe capture or a swift death, but there was a time when I argued in defence of Tieflings, witches, even bandits who were condemned through no fault of their own. The bitterness in Teyran's voice was unmistakable.

He quieted down after that, instead opting to march near the front, well ahead of any torches, trusting in his darkvision to show him what he needed to see.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

"Sorry, Tad. All yours. Force of habit, we're trained never to ask something of someone, that you are not willing to do yourself. Your lead, Sir.

Now, Grendolynn and Teyran... and any who need it, I've got one word. Redemption." The young warrior turns to follow Tad.


Male Human Cleric 2 | HP 16/16 | AC 19 Tch 13 FF 16 | F +4, R +3, W +7 | Init +3 | Perc +3 | Chan 5/5 | Rest Tch 6/6 | Fire 6/6 | Hero 4/5

Arasmes moves with the others searching the keep.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


There are no hidden surprises in place. Most the bandits have fled leaving behind anything they couldn't carry. (Will get a list of gear left behind - see treasure - soon) Most of the buildings are barely standing so it will be tents and sleeping bags for awhile but the foundations are solid; Kesten's people will save some time in restoring the keep.

It will take some time for the expedition to get settled into the keep. You will have time to continue to discuss things among yourself before Kesten will call on the group again.

Arasmes and Erostil saved the life of the bandit leader so he can be awakened for questioning or turned over to Kesten who will do the same thing.


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

Valeska approaches the restrained prisoner. She is armed, but her hands are empty.

"You're alive, your scrotum is still attached and you got your wish... Here I am. Careful what you wish for."

"I can see it in your face, let's dispense with the pleasantries. I'll ask a question, you'll have a chance to answer truthfully. If anyone thinks you are lying, I cannot help what they choose to do. Now, who do you work for?

The young warrior sits on part of a crumbling wall, looking down at the man tied and sitting on the floor. She smiles, as if to say... Help yourself.


There is a moment of defiance but it quickly passes when the man weighs his situation and does not find it favorable. "Her name is Kressle. Her camp is south of here, couple days of travel by foot, near the thorn river." He grumbles out.


male Aasimar (Angel Blooded) Paladin level 3

Teyran ignored Valeska's one word 'insight'. Clearly she'd learned nothing from what he'd told her. If it was such a simple matter of being reminded of redemption, then he probably wouldn't have been here in the first place.

"And what are your responsibilities to this Kressle?"


"If I send up a good spoil then we have a toss in the sheets. She isn't a looker, but she is a wild fire." The man says lewdly.


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

"Those curs who ran off and abandoned you to this, you guys ever kill anyone while you were working?" Grendolynn asks him, leaning on the spear she just stabbed him with in a pronounced fashion.

Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 6


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

Valeska looks up to Grendolynn, then waits for the man to answer before continuing on. "Kressle. I see... what sort of base of operations and how many are in her band? Please remember this information will be verified."


"She prefers the wilder places. They got tents in the woods but she has bandits in the trees to watch for intruders. You won't sneak up on her. Her band is larger then mine probably more so now."

The bandit seems to be ignoring Grendolynn's question focusing on Valeska's questions instead, but the silence on the matter is telling.


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

Grendolynn gives off, disgusted that this sh*t-pig is still alive. Spitting into the dirt, she goes to help Kesten's men set up the keep.

Grendolynn will stick with working unless there is a further disturbance or they receive orders to do otherwise.


male Aasimar (Angel Blooded) Paladin level 3

Teyran scowled at the man, disgust as clear in his voice as his face. "How many? When do the patrols change shifts? What else might we want to know about her band?"


Male Dhamphir Bard 1

Erostil looks at the man, wondering as to his motives. Why does he give this information so freely. Whilst there is certainly an element of lack of choice, if these were his men, then why did they abandon him so swiftly? What was this mans story? And what was his relationship to Auchs if any?

You never did take pleasure in the killing of people did you? Either that or you don't really wish to talk about it? My companion Grendolynn asked you a question, and you were most rude by simply ignoring it. Now, one pleasantry I would ask for is what your name is? My own name is Erostil. If I am honest, the situation doesn't look good for you. You are a long way away from your friends, wounded and at the mercy of those that you at one point just a few minutes ago told to leave the pretty one behind for you and your men.

You know that Brevoy doesn't tolerate banditry. So let me make it clear to you. Either you repent, work with us for a year to pay off your debt to society and get to keep your head attached to your neck, or alternatively we have the sword or the rope. I don't mean to sound harsh or unpleasant here, but you deserve to know the stark realities of the predicament that you are in.

So really what it comes down to is whether you wish to live, or not live. Those are the only options really left to you now my friend.


"Kressle wasn't much of the trusting type, old man. She didn't leave me to snoop around much so I am not sure about her shifts. I am not good with numbers myself, larger then mine. She will probably get several of the worms that ran off today. They called me Happs. We killed a few people in our time and since I am not in a position to get away with a lie. I enjoyed killing... the rush of power when you have another person's life in your hands and they beg for it." The bandit gives a bit of a shiver as he relives some kill...

"You have to feel it now. You are the gods at this moment; my life hinges on you. You have all the power in my world. You will string me up and I will struggle for my life, but you will prevail because I have no power here. You will watch as I kick around suffering until I take my last breath. You will feel better about it because you will call it justice, but it is murder all the same. I won't beg for my life though; of course I will take any opportunity to survive because I am filth."


Male Dhamphir Bard 1

This isn't about any kind of rush of power. The winds of change are blowing in these lands. We need people who are capable of helping that process, not hindering. What did you do before you fell into this life? I am assuming that you did not grow up as some kind of a child bandit or something strange like that. There is hope in all of us, one must simply allow that light to be seen. At least that is what I believe. Out of interest, do you know of the Stag Lord? Only, we heard he was large and mighty in this realm, and wondering whether he is really all that he is cracked up to be?


"I was once a soldier and city guard in Restov, but you will find no redeeming there. I fled to the Stolen Lands when my involvement with a shady tax collector was discovered. I left my wife and children to suffer the shame of my crimes." He seems to be merely stating the fact and does not seem at all regretful for it.


HP 14/14; Init +3; Per +4, Low-Light Vision; AC 13, T 13, FF 10; F +1, R +5, W +3 (+2 vs mind, +1 vs Fear), immune sleep

"He confesses his crimes, showing no remorse? The law is clear," pronounced Antha, sickened that a person would abandon their child to suffer in his place for his crimes.

401 to 450 of 1,341 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arcmagik's "The Sounds of War" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.