Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Sounds of War (Inactive)

Game Master Arcmagik

A campaign that is heavily influenced by Kingmaker; yet nothing will be as you expect...


201 to 250 of 1,341 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

"Bandits don't deserve to live. If you need help defeating this Stag Lord then I'll gladly aid you and the Lady Orlovsky." Grendolynn says to Kesten. "Can I just meet you somewhere a little later? I need to go inform my father of everything that's happened. He'll be worried about me by now."


Male Dhamphir Bard 1

Those who are unrepentant and would rather be bndits than work for a living then yes, a sword or a rope is the only place they should go. There are some I am sure however who are forced into the life through threats or other such intimidation. If they are willing to turn their back on the easy life, then surely they should be given a chance?


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

"In my opinion they gave up that chance when they first stole food out of someone else's mouth, or knifed a man for his purse. Even if they aren't murderers yet, they are aiding and abetting them. Also, if I'm not mistaken it's the law of the land that all bandits are to be executed." She pauses for a few moments, then says, "Though I suppose I would not strike down a starving man for stealing bread from those who have more than enough."


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

"In my opinion they gave up that chance when they first stole food out of someone else's mouth, or knifed a man for his purse. Even if they aren't murderers yet, they are aiding and abetting them. Also, if I'm not mistaken it's the law of the land that all bandits are to be executed."


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

Whoops, didn't realize I double posted. Sorry! The first one is the correct one.


male Aasimar (Angel Blooded) Paladin level 3

Addressing Arasmes, Teyran said, "You could buy a farm out in the middle of nowhere, far from the nobles and live there for a hundred years before you return. It worked for me, to an extent," He offered a wan smile to accompany the. . .joke? Had it been a joke, or was he telling the truth?

"I suppose The Dawnflower may not like me saying this, but I find that the time for mercy ends when weapons are drawn. Anyway, I have no problem with clearing these vermin out. I recently had an encounter with a bandit, he might have been affiliated with these, and if he was, I would relish the chance to inflict justice upon them."


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

At the mention of 100 years, Valeska looks up and to those around the table.


HP 14/14; Init +3; Per +4, Low-Light Vision; AC 13, T 13, FF 10; F +1, R +5, W +3 (+2 vs mind, +1 vs Fear), immune sleep

During the conversation on thieves and the punishments, Antha remained silent and focused on her breakfast.

Are all those who steal, thieves? I suppose I'm 'unrepentant' for not regretting what I've done, however much I no longer find the visceral joy in it I once did. I was in it for the thrill; need was never an issue. I've already lost more than I ever took... what would be justice for me, or mercy?


"The life on a farm just is no longer suitable to me, I'm afraid," Arasmes says with a smile as he looked down at the palm of his left hand where rests a birthmark in the shape of an angel-ankh. "I have been Called and My Lady of the Healing Light has another purpose in store for me, I expect."

He lowers his hand and looks back at Teyran. "It is good to hear of another follower of Sarenrae. We normally are few and far between in this nation. I have gone weeks without encountering a single one, aside from those at small shrines, yet somehow, in the past couple of days, I have met more than I was expecting. I feel the Hand of the Dawnflower at work, to bring together members of her faith."

"As to the matter at hand. The tenets of the Dawnflower are clear. All but followers of the Rough Beast may be shown the path to redemption. However, if they are irredeemable, they must be struck down without mercy."


Male Dhamphir Bard 1

Justice is all well and good, but blind adherence to the law, without the possibility for redemption and forgiveness breeds just as many problems as forgiving too readily. One gives tyranny, the other anarchy. A delicate balance, fine as a knife edge must be found


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

"Well, I could have parted that cello wielding fool's head from his shoulders on the stage yesterday, but I went out of my way to make sure he didn't die. So I guess my bark is louder than my bite." Grendolynn says, seeking to bring an end to the discussion that has no right answer.


Male Dhamphir Bard 1

I must admit that I am much obliged to you for keeping that man's skull firmly intact and attached to his body. I was actually hoping that it might be possible to find out what had happened to him, although who I would speak to in order to do that I do not know. Your bark is indeed louder than your bite. Might you be able to teach me your technique sometime? Erostil smiles, the discussion had indeed gone over long, but it was important for bonding with others that an exchange of ideas occurred


“I answer your question with another: 'Why not?' Any random number of people could have found their way to this spot, but it was not so. Maybe you are right and this is the will of your goddess, or maybe it is just happenstance so why not you lot?”

Kesten waves Grendolynn off, ”If you hurry a long now then you may be able to spare some words with your father before your presence will be needed at the Lord Mayor's estate. I will leave someone at the district gates so you don't get delayed by the stir that you are likely to cause when you show up in the upper district requesting access to the Lord Mayor.”

Kesten shakes his head and frowns for a moment, ”. Erostil is right though, the Rostlandic punishment for unrepentant banditry is death by sword or rope. Repentance is a matter of debate and has not been formalized.” He glances over to Erostil, ”If you are really interested in the man then he is being held in Restov custody, but... Lord Orlovsky made a formal request to the Lord Mayor's office that the bandit be given over to him after our questioning on grounds that his daughter was the first wounded by the bandits, and the wedding which he put considerable wealth into was disrupted. He is going to be transferred to Lord Orlovsky custody this afternoon.”

Kesten continues to eat while waiting to respond to anymore of the conversation.


male Aasimar (Angel Blooded) Paladin level 3

Teyran nodded courteously at Arasmes's words. He didn't want to restart the eternal debate of all followers of Sarenrae, especially when Teyran believed that he had heard every permutation of it, from the hard line 'redemption in death' argument to the pacifists that claimed that an enemy's salvation was worth more than the life of a faithful. In his youth Teyran had taken a view similar to Arasmes. Now he was of the thinking that that kind of talk should end when swords were drawn, unless the foe surrendered.

"I am eager to hear more details of this expedition," He said simply.


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

"I'll be off then. Erostil, I'd be happy to show you what little I know at another time. I'll see you all at the Lord Mayor's estate." Grendolynn says, getting up as soon as she has Kesten's permission. She grabs her things and makes her way to where her father's fur stand was at a brisk pace.

Will post again in a couple hours.


Thadeuzs:

You had not been invited to the wedding by your father who had made it quite clear that he didn't want to see your face anywhere near Rostland but you had received a letter from your sister requesting your presence after she had already arrived in Restov. You had already considered riding to Restov to snob your father's orders, but the request by Alexis just sealed it.

You did not arrive in time though, and instead arrived after the city was locked down due to a bandit attack on the wedding. You seethed because the rumors among those stuck outside the gates was the bride had been shot by a bandit and several people were killed.

Finally the gates opened again during the wee hours of the morning and people began to flood into the city again. You made your way to the Swordlord district and after a few minutes at another gate leading into the district you were escorted to the Lord Mayor's estate where your family were guests.

If your father could kill you with a look then he would have stopped your heart in your chest with this one. He was seething, it was subtle in the eyes; most people thought your father completely devoid of emotions but that was just how he had trained himself to look as not to give anything away, but you knew where to look.

"What are you doing here?" He spoke as always in an even and emotionless tone, but he put emphasis on 'you'. It was obvious that he expected an explanation.


Male Human Sorcerer

Erostil speaks to Grendolynn before she runs I will hold you to that you know!

He smiles and speaks to Kesten. I would indeed like to speak to Auchs and to Lord Orlovsky. I would not see a man as talented as Auchs go to the Gallows without some attempt at his redemption. After all, if Shelyn can see it in her heart to forgive her brother despite what he has done, then surely we can make some kind of arrangement. I am ready to go whenever the rest of you are though. My belongings are all on me more or less. Travelling light is a useful skill


Kesten whistles as if Erostil wants to perform some mighty task. "Brave man to want to speak to Lord Orlovsky. That man creeps me out with his death stare and eerily level voice... I wish you luck, but that man could peel paint with his stare and I don't have much hope for your bandit."


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

Valeska tries to take it all in, but it appears she is beyond her depth. She's just not that good, yet.

It sounds like you will be having a grand time, bringing bandits to heel. Nearly wish I would be allowed to join you. But I must continue my training. The blade demands such dedication.

The girl seems a little frustrated. But, she keeps it together... focusing her energy on her meal as she looks to her plate.


HP 14/14; Init +3; Per +4, Low-Light Vision; AC 13, T 13, FF 10; F +1, R +5, W +3 (+2 vs mind, +1 vs Fear), immune sleep

"And what if doing so is part of your training? There's no substitute for real life experience, after all," Antha asked the clearly frustrated Swordlord's apprentice. Frustrated, or wistful? Am unsure.


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

After Grendolynn finds her foster father she pulls him away from the fur stand to somewhere private. Then explains to him, "Poppa, I'll be going away for a while. I'm not sure how long. I was watching the wedding yesterday and I ended up knocking out this bandit in front of everyone, then the Lady Orlovsky asked me to serve her. Now there's this Sword Lord Kesten who wants us to go kill a bandit king. They think I can help, so I told them I would. Are you mad?"

Her father looks at her for a moment taking all the news in, and then shakes his head. "No dear, I'm not angry. I knew this day would come. Why do you think I gave you my sword and taught you how to use it?" His eyes begin to tear up and he says, "I'm proud of you 'Lynn. Go with my blessing, but by the gods be careful. I don't know what I would do without you." Grendolynn hugs him firmly, saying "Oh, thank you poppa! I've got to go to the Lord Mayor's estate now, the others are waiting for me. I'll write when I can. Love you!" before giving her adoptive father a fangy kiss and running off to find the Lord Mayor's estate.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

W00T!!!11 I'm in! Sorry It's has taken me so long to reply but I had an unexpected overtime.

DundjinnMasta:
"what am I doing here? You didn't send for me? The capstone of your ongoing endeavor to put 'those upstart Surtova's' in their place & I, I of all your spawn, the only witnesses to your 'Genius' that might be able to appreciate it. Good point, Why AM I here?
Oh yes, that's why. Because if you truly believed I might be a real threat to whatever you have planned, I'd already be dead."
Thadeuzs' voice & tone match his father's almost exactly, the only difference being the genuine lack of emotion in Thadeuzs' words.

I hate these private conversations, rare as they are. It becomes all too plain how very much alike we really are. Shelyn save me. Save me from becoming just like him. Right, I am not here to vent like a child, I am here for Alexis

"As the only family member not currently 'engaged' in some plot of yours or other, I am here, because a member of house Orlovsky is to be married & it certainly wouldn't do to snub her by not being here." Having made what attempt at saving grace he could, Thadeuzs allowed his genuine fear for his sister's well-being to seep through. "The rumors on the street say Alexis was shot. Was she? Are you going to keep me from paying my respects?"

Are you going to try?

For versimilitude. Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 to keep from letting his real anger show
For versimilitude. untrained Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 to keep from letting his real anger show. Not sure which is more appropriate.


Male Dhamphir Bard 1
DundjinnMasta wrote:
Kesten whistles as if Erostil wants to perform some mighty task. "Brave man to want to speak to Lord Orlovsky. That man creeps me out with his death stare and eerily level voice... I wish you luck, but that man could peel paint with his stare and I don't have much hope for your bandit."

Erostil's gaze goes a little steelier than perhaps has been seen as normal. Just because the path ahead is a difficult one, it does not mean that the attempt should not be made. Life is something very precious, and should be protected with everything that it can be protected by. With hard, cold steel or soft words in the night.


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

This might be your last cooked meal for some time. It is not my place, but I would suggest enjoying it. Valeska smiles demurely and genuinely.


Thadeuzs:

”You rebellious nature is beginning to wear my patience thin. Do not be one of the strays that your sister brings home and I have to put down. She has already collected two of them in this city.”

Poul Orlovsky did not like losing control of a situation. He turned on his heels and began walking towards the Lord Mayor's estate leaving you to catch up to him.

”Yes. She was shot but she survived. She is resting now and you are not to disturb her. You may speak with her in the morning before you leave.”


Kesten can't contain a grin. "I can't keep the secret much longer from you. I can not leave you in Restov to continue training alone, who knows what bad habits you will pick up. You will be travelling with me to the Stolen Lands, Valeska."

He turns back to Erostil and gives a shrug, "Your bandit must have made an impression on you to want to fight that hard for him. Perhaps you can save him, through I would suggest speaking with Lady Orlovsky and impressing upon her the value of the man. It seems that her father has a habit of letting her collect what he deems 'undesirables' as far as I gathered."


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

DudnjinnMasta:
Thadeuzs' longer legs & noticeably more athletic stride narrow his father's lead in mere moments.

Are you beginning to find these conversations as unsatisfying as I?

"Alexis is gathering 'strays' again? How inconvenient for you."

One might almost imagine she thought herself worth being considered a person in her own right. Just how much does that stick in your craw you heartless games-man?

"Where am I to go this time?" untrained Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3, to maintain a facade of disinterest.

Let's see, is he finally pissed enough to exile me from Brevoy entirely?


Thadeuzs:

"You are leaving Brevoy. You are no longer of use to me here since the vanishing but you can still be useful to oversee my interests in the south. Sellemius is sending an upstart Swordlord of his into the Greenbelt and your sister has it in her head to send her strays with as support."


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

Valeska can hardly contain herself. Standing up she slams her hands down on the surface of the table. Yes!

Nearly blushing, she sits back down... clearing her throat as and reaching for water, which she sips at.


Male Dhamphir Bard 1

I would happily speak to the Lady if that could be arranged. It is less about the impression that the man made on me, although that is a fact, and more to do with him being a simpleton, and I believe therefore that we can mould him into a better man with little or no effort. There has been enough violence and death today, I would not add another to the death count


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

Thadeuzs snorts in self-derision as they make their way to the Lord Mayor's estate. While he handily keeps pace, he also allows himself every opportunity to observe this city which will soon be his sister's home. After a few moments however the import of his father's words finally sinks in. "Wait, since when have Alexis' strays been people? I thought you meant like when we were children & she tried to keep Cook from slaughtering those pheasants I stole from the nest or that street mongrel she found in New Stetven."


Thadeuzs:

Your father does not answer that question through it maybe that he doesn't consider your sister's strays to be people at all. His expression certainly suggest it but then he always has that look. It was only a few minutes to the house from the gated wall around the Swordlord district and it didn't offer much in the way of scenery except the manors and estates of all the Swordlords, merchants, and nobles of Restov.


HP 14/14; Init +3; Per +4, Low-Light Vision; AC 13, T 13, FF 10; F +1, R +5, W +3 (+2 vs mind, +1 vs Fear), immune sleep

Antha grins and winks in sisterly camaraderie at the excited Valeska.


"I am with Erostil in this. I know little of this man, other than his main duty in the attack seemed to be an object upon which the leader would step on in order to escape. With the proper guidance, he may be convinced to offer information on his erstwhile compatriots and this 'Stag Lord'."

He blinks at Valeska's outburst and then smiles at her. "It seems your group is forming up nicely," he says, turning to Kesten, "And you are to lead this motley crew on this expedition to the Stolen Lands? Let us finish our meal and make haste to the Lady and Lord Mayor. I believe I too, like the lady here, am getting a bit restless."


Morley:

You were not here to attend the celebrations of nobles, and the aging merchant did not seem interested in the wedding ceremony of the Lord Mayor. He had spent the last several days gathering up a large stockpile of items in a warehouse and now he went over the items comparing them to several lists on parchment.

Evening was quickly approaching when someone came calling at the warehouse with a heavy knock.

Thadeuzs:

Your father does not answer that question through it maybe that he doesn't consider your sister's strays to be people at all. His expression certainly suggest it but then he always has that look. It was only a few minutes to the house from the gated wall around the Swordlord district and it didn't offer much in the way of scenery except the manors and estates of all the Swordlords, merchants, and nobles of Restov.

He flagged down a servant, ”Prepare another room for a member of my household.” Your father deliberately avoided revealing your familial connection to him. ”I will let Alexis know that you are here in the morning. She will call upon you likely when she finds out. Do you have anything useful to say?”

----------
Back at the Gnarly Hobbit
----------
”We must tread carefully. I will be commanding an expedition force in restoring and stocking a tattered old border keep in an effort to curb banditry on the southern border of Brevoy. I do not have the authority to go stomping around the Greenbelt for this 'Stag Lord'. This brazen attack will give us some leeway, but I need to find the man first. So in short my authority does not extend beyond the walls of the old keep which is why we need people we can trust to be our agents in the Stolen Lands.”


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

"Why exactly are they 'stolen', these lands? I should brush up on my history." Valeska seems interested, as if waiting for a professor to lecture on some ancient and wondrous civilization.


male Aasimar (Angel Blooded) Paladin level 3

Teyran seemed delighted for the chance to answer the question. He had sat and listened for long enough, he was ready to act. "I forget the petty details, but if memory serves, the Stolen Lands were a part of Rostland that became unable to be policed, either because Choral the Conquerer didn't move that far south, or for some other reason. They are called stolen because without the Rostlanders enforcing their rule, the land became infested with brigands and thieves, who stole it from Brevoy."


HP 30/30 ~ AC18 tch13 ff15 ~ CMD18 ~ Fort+5 Ref+5 Will+3

DM:

Morley wipes the tears from his eyes from a long string of yawns and stands up when he hears the knock. "Yeah... comin... " Although bored to death, he can't help but sound annoyed by the distraction. "Sounds like a city watch knock..." He waves off the old man "I got it" and opens the door.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

Have I anything useful to say? I might tell you not to so eagerly dismiss either Alexis or her 'strays'. I might warn you to waste less time maneuvering to oust the Surtova's & focus on the real threat, that being whatever managed to remove an entire royal house in one night with no evidence or witness. I might warn you that you are an old man & if you want your legacy to regard you as anything other than an obstacle to be endured or removed...

"No, Father. I fear I have nothing you would find useful, to say." Thadeuzs' tone remains as devoid of emotion or concern as it always is in his conversations with his father.


HP 14/14; Init +3; Per +4, Low-Light Vision; AC 13, T 13, FF 10; F +1, R +5, W +3 (+2 vs mind, +1 vs Fear), immune sleep

Antha listens with great interest to Teyran's recap of Brevoyan history; it sounded vaguely in line with what her old tutors had rambled on about.


Morley:

With a mutter Oleg goes back to what he was doing as you answer the door. There is a dark-haired richly but practical dressed young man standing there. He is wearing one of the well-known aldori dueling blades on his hip and he grins. "Good to see that Oleg's help arrived. Name is Kesten, is the old man here?"

Tad:

"Good then you have my leave to retire to your quarters for the night." He will wait for you to leave if you have nothing to say and watch you with his typical intense calculating stare.

Gnarly Hobbit:

"Well said, Teyran." Kesten said with a grin. "Brevoy claims domain over the lands, but most attempts to settle it have been thwarted by wild monsters or bandits. I believe the River Kingdoms as a whole also stake a claim to it though and have made their own attempts to settle it."


HP 30/30 ~ AC18 tch13 ff15 ~ CMD18 ~ Fort+5 Ref+5 Will+3

Not really expecting trouble but still cautious, Morley looks past the visitor to see if he is alone then repeats the name loud enough for Oleg to hear "Kesten is it?..." He waits a few seconds in case the old man were to ask him to turn the fellow away, then continues "Yeah he's here." Morley leaves the door open for him, then returns to his perch by his pile of gear on a nearby stack of crates.


HP 14/14; Init +3; Per +4, Low-Light Vision; AC 13, T 13, FF 10; F +1, R +5, W +3 (+2 vs mind, +1 vs Fear), immune sleep

"Hmm, well. Valeska sure seems excited to be about it, and I certainly find it more interesting than sitting around all day spending the last of my purse. Should we get going to this meeting, then?" Antha asked the crowded table.


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

Grendolynn waits outside the gates of the Lord Mayor's estate. Where is everyone? she wonders idly.


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

Valeska smiles, whether she is trying to be charming or just is is anyone's guess. I am excited, as if you needed confirmation. I was raised on vineyards, mostly out of doors. Just feeling a bit couped up and ready for a nature hike. Verdant earth, sun-dappled streams and lakes, I could go on.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

Thadeuzs bows, just 'slightly' too low, turns, and follows the manservant out of his father's chamber. As they continue down the hall, "How has Lady Alexis been occupying herself these last few years?" untrained Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19, two goals, actually finding out about Alexis & getting the servant talking so I can find out more about the household in general.
"I understand she has begun gathering her own entourage already, what do you know of them? untrained Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


male Aasimar (Angel Blooded) Paladin level 3

"I fear that my curiosity has gotten the better of me, friends. I will head toward the Lord Mayor's estate. I hope that you will join me there soon."With that, he got up and excused himself. He made his way to the house they were meeting at.

Upon finding Grendolynn already there, "Have you been waiting here this whole time?"


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

"Oh, Hi Teyran. No, not too long. Maybe thirty minutes. I had to go outside the city to tell my father what I was doing. I hadn't talked to him since before the wedding and I didn't want him to worry. Where are the others?" Grendolynn responds.


Morley:

Kesten and Oleg have a short talk before the young warrior leaves again. Oleg puts the parchments down finally satisfied that he has everything in order. "We leave for the Stolen Lands tomorrow though before that we meet with the Lord Mayor in the morning."

Tad:

"I am sorry, sir but I am one of the house servants for the Lord Mayor. I fear that I do not know much about the Lady Orlovsky since she just arrived here a few days ago before the wedding. There is talk through... that she has employed a hobgoblin in her entourage, if it pleases you, sir."

Gnarly Hobbit:

Kesten finally finishes his breakfast and stands with a playful stretch. "I think time has been sufficient that we will not have to wait overly long for the Lord Mayor to finish his meal. If we wait to much longer then Grendolynn may arrive before us and since I haven't warned the guards that could be an awful mess."

I know it seems like quite a bit of time to pass since it has really been days of talking but the fact is only 10-15 minutes have passed in character. That is hardly enough time for Grendolynn to have sought out her father, had a conversation, and rushed back to the Lord Mayor's estate. Nevermind the fact that in that time the guards would have never admitted her to the gated section where the Lord Mayor's estate was. I am going to chalk it up to them being lazy and not wanting to fight the hobgoblin (heard rumors of her fight against bandits) and they left her waiting at the gates for Kesten to arrive on the off-chance that she was genuine so we keep the story/time-line intact and my OCD doesn't kill me.

Kesten will lead the group to the gated section of the city where the noble villas and Swordlord estates are to find Teyran who left just ahead of them talking with Grendolynn. "Did the guards give you any problems? I did not expect your business to be concluded so quickly!"


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

"Oh, there they are now." she says, pointing them out to Teyran. Once Kesten addresses her she says, "Not really, I've just been kinda standing here. I made great haste to make sure I wasn't late m'lord."

Sorry, I assumed that everyone ate and chatted for like an hour or so and we just kinda skipped over it. My bad.

201 to 250 of 1,341 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arcmagik's "The Sounds of War" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.