Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Sounds of War (Inactive)

Game Master Arcmagik

A campaign that is heavily influenced by Kingmaker; yet nothing will be as you expect...


451 to 500 of 1,341 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

"Does the title Stag Lord mean anything to you?"


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18, is Happs as hard & cold as he says he is? Or is he putting up a front to get it over with?

As the others interrogate Happs, Tad returns from searching the structures, circling the group in a kind of meandering spiral, saying nothing but responding to the words said non-verbally. untrained Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21, to give the impression he doesn't believe anything anyone is saying, Happs or the other PC's.
Finally, he comes to a stop, well inside Happs 'personal space'. Squatting down, Tad smiles distractedly into Happs eyes.


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

DM, please pace the questions as you wish... don't mean to bombard Happs, but... don't want to miss a post, etc..

"Please answer the questions, at the very least you will not be tortured. Your fate is not my concern." She looks to the group... Nor any of ours, so long as a higher authority exists. This is no personal witch-hunt, whatever we may feel about the man, his morality or his actions. We will turn him over to Lord Garess, who's domain is this keep.

"Anything else is arrogance on our part, to presume Lord Garess will have no better questions or use for him. This Kressle and the Stag Lord however are our concern. Please answer the questions regarding them."

Valeska address her peers. "We will need to take horses, and get to Kressle before any who fled here do. It is early yet, and we can make a decent day's ride. We'll ride double if needs be. We should be there tomorrow evening. This keep cannot suffer her proximity."

"Anything else out there, Happs? Other camps, larger critters, etc..?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


HP 30/30 ~ AC18 tch13 ff15 ~ CMD18 ~ Fort+5 Ref+5 Will+3

Morley leans in toward the bandit Happs after his comments...
"Why don't ya quit feeling sorry for yourself. You call yourself filth... maybe you are, all you can do is get some sick pleasure smearin that filth around trying to equate puttin you down with the murders you have "relished". Your song don't play on my heartstrings. No remorse here - at what could be your last hour? No tears of regret with your life at a knife's edge? You are no man... you are a brush dog in the skin of a coward." Morley turns to leave.
"I agree. We should leave immediately. I'll make preparations for our trip... if someone could inform Lord Garess of the situation."


Tad:

Happs is scared to his core but doesn't believe the offer of redemption and figures he is just going to hang anyways. He refuses to be weak like the sheep that he had killed.

"Not directly, but I have always been under the impression that Kressle was working for someone higher up then she was. She gave me an amulet and told me that I had made an impression. It had something that could have been a stag on it."

Happs is taken back by Tad suddenly appearance in his face. "I... I still have the amulet." He seems uncomfortable with Tad so slow to his face.

"Of course there are other things out there. The southern reaches of the Greenbelt are overrun is dangerous monsters. There are some kobolds in the area though they stay clear since I made an example of a few of them."

Happs bares his teeth at Morley, "I gave up regret and remorse long ago so I didn't get my throat slit by my men. I won't start begging and crying at the end of life now like the others. Kill me and be done with it. Hang me or run me through. I am done talking..."


male Aasimar (Angel Blooded) Paladin level 3

Teyran moved toward Valeska, and then whispered something to her.

Valeska:
"We should not discuss strategy in front of a prisoner, especially when we are so ignorant of our foe. For all we know, the pendant he mentioned is some kind of listening device." He spoke like a kindly uncle, offering advice rather than correction.

He went back to the prisoner, and said, "We are not your subjects, do not try to give us orders. You will meet your fate at a time and manner of our choosing. Now, where is this amulet?"


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

At Teyran's whisper, Valeska nods thoughtfully.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

"Words is words." With that utterance Tad straightens, turning to face the others. "Not 'ere & not in front 'a' 'im." cocking his thumb back at Happs at this statement. Tad then walks towards a point keeping Happs in plain view, but out of his sight & far enough away that low voices will not carry.


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

"Please show him the amulet, he seems to get less patient with age and he's older than he looks."

Valeska moves to speak with Tad and Morley.

"Stepping stones... Happs, Kressle and this Stag Lord, with kobolds and such along the way. One by one, they all fall. For Brevoy, for Restov.

If one of you wishes to brief Lord Garess, by all means. Otherwise I can. And we should provision for a 5 day outing. Agreed?"


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

"Bide a wee" With that, Tad waves to the others about Happs, indicating he would like them to join the three of them. I had completely spaced that Morely had already moved away, thanks for reminding me Valeska!


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

"Biding..."


The bandit spit on the ground as his answer to Teyran and Valeska. "You want the amulet? You are going to have to get your hands dirty and beat it out of me."


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

"Try not to jump ahead on the meeting agenda sir!" Tad shouts in response to Happs' bravado. "That said, if the rest of you would please join us, I believe we can move along in a smidge better time..."
Yes, Tad has once again lost the 'accent'.


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

Grendolynn will wander over to Tad. "What's up?"


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

"Just a smidge, we're best served by havin' this talk where 'e won't 'ear us, an' we all can." Tad responds, pointing at Happs and the others with his chin.


HP 14/14; Init +3; Per +4, Low-Light Vision; AC 13, T 13, FF 10; F +1, R +5, W +3 (+2 vs mind, +1 vs Fear), immune sleep

Antha joined Tad and the others, one eyebrow raised in question at what Tad intended to say.


Male Dhamphir Bard 1

Come now, we are not savages. There will not be a beating or killing till we have reason. You haven't given us reason to, although the fact that we caught you in the very act of banditry isn't a good thing for you at all. Come now, I won't take your amulet off you, but could I at least take a look at it? Jewellery is something that has always interested me, the designs and so on telling so much about a man.

Diplomacy roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Arasmes stares at the bandit for a time before moving to join the others. "He seems an unrepentant sort. No care for his family or the lives of others. No other pressure to perform his vile acts aside from his dark desires. I see no common ground with the man. I have strong doubts as to whether he can be redeemed."


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

"Are you two comin' o'er 'ere or not? I' not, be sa kind as ta say it outright & let me get on wi' t'ings."

Right now Teyran & Erostil are the only members of the party that still are by Happs, yes? If not & I'm forgetting someone, edit Tad's statement as appropriate please.


The bandit spits at the ground again through for a moment it looked like he was going to spit at Erostil, but something in the bard's words must have changed his mind. "There is your reason. Get on with it. I don't give two shakes about the amulet; as a matter of fact piss on the amulet, but I am not giving another word to you. Better break something; I would suggest the hand. That is where I always started."


male Aasimar (Angel Blooded) Paladin level 3

"We will deal with you in a moment, cur." Teyran said, turning from the man and heading over to where Tad and the others stood.

Not wanting to get into an arguement, or swept away by a tide of emotion, he spoke as soon as he was out of earshot. "I would urge a course of patience and caution. I believe that what we few risk by attacking now outweighs the advantage of surprise."


Male Dhamphir Bard 1

Erostil looks slowly at the man, and begins talking once more.

There are far more important things that can be broken than just a hand or a foot. You are aware I am sure of the power that words can have over a person? How a song can move a man to weep? A woman to tear at her bodice and throw her undergarments at the person performing? Now imagine if that same performance is touched and infused with magic. Imagine what it might be possible to do with that same song to a man? Warping of the mind is a terrible thing, and something I have done only once. She did not live to see the morning. You on the other hand, despite being in many respects worthless and cowardly might still be possible to save. Why do you feel such loyalty to Kressle and those men that abandoned you? It seems to make no sense, especially when they do not feel the same way for you.

His hand goes to the flute that he carries at his side, as though he would play it.

I am not going to give up on this man. Also, I know little of tactics ic, and therefore wouldn't have anything constructive to add. Have your discussions


"You dense? I have no interest in loyalty to Kressle. I piss on the amulet but given the arrogance abound in your group and my impending death I have no interest in aiding you..." He seems increasing nervous about the use of magic...

Erostil, you can make an Intimidate check with a +5 modifier.


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

"Maybe it's cause it's what I know best, but I reckon we'd be best served locating their camp and trying to draw them into a trap. I can set physical traps, and we could arrange an ambush. Finding suitable bait might be difficult. What are you all thinking?" Grendolynn says, addressing the impromptu war council around Tad.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

At Erostil's continued conversation with Happs, in direct contrast to his request; Tad sighs, dragging his hand down across his face. "Bid a wee, if you be so kind."
Tad then strides back to Erostil, grasps the bard by the ear, and drags him back down to the others. "Listen fancypants! You may be better at singin' a happy tune than I, but ye've yet to display a lick of sense when it comes ta questioning prisoners, so when I or one of the others who does have experience says 'come away from tha prisoner', you hop to it or so help me next time I will lay you flat so fast you won't know why yer starin' up at the pretty lights 'er why they're dancin'!"


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

Valeska winces at Tad's man-handling of Erostil. "Please Tad, of Thadeuzs if you prefer. Respect peoples' freedom to be who they are. And, no threats... In my experience, limited as it is, they do not go over well. I could be wrong."

"We must each work to our strengths, both together and independently. If we have to all be together to make every single decision, things will take at least twice as long. And, some may not have a mind for strategy or no not care much how we go forward so long as we consider their sensibilities."

"I do not like rushing into things, either Teyran. But, if we reach Kressle's outpost before any who scampered off, we may have the best chance. A ruse of some sort, perhaps Antha and myself traveling into their territory. They ambush us, we ambush them."

Valeska looks over to Happs. "Tell him a decision will be made regarding his life when we return, and it will obviously be based on our level of success. He has until we gear up to think on it and provide the amulet. It can be used to good effect."

Intimidate, untrained, assist, from a distance: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


HP 13 | AC 19/21 | T 13 | FF 16/18 | CMD 18 | F +4 | R +5 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

"Aye, soft as he may be, he's on our side. Unhand the man, Tad. Let him suffer conversation with the damned if he so desires." Grendolynn says, resting her hand lightly on Tad's arm which is gripping Erostil.


Arasmes frowns and shakes his head at Tad's actions. "That was... unneccesary. From the looks of the man, Erostil may have yet gotten through to him, although your manhandling likely removed any headway he had made. Neither you nor I know his experience in 'questioning prisoners' so it is presumptuous that you name yourself the expert. Threats are not the only way to get what you want, and to threaten one of your own is the height of idiocy."

Aresmes turns to Valeska. "The only worry regarding getting ahead of those who fled would be that they have better knowledge of the bandit's whereabouts and thus would likely reach her sooner, if that was where they wished to go. On the other hand, your idea of baiting the hook, so to speak, could work, if we plan carefully."


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

"First, t'wernt a threat. T'was a promise. Second, I asked the man, more than once, politely, to come down. His response was to ignore me. Erostil gave no in-character response, but instead continued his conversation, not questioning, conversation, with Happs. Finally, now I'm meta-gaming here, but so far as I've noticed Tad's the only one who attempted a Sense Motive check & that is what I'm basing this off of, not ONE of you knows how to read a man, so get off yer high horses because THIS MISSION is the only hope my sister has for a dream of peace & I will FLATTEN any one of you who mucks that up!" by this point spittle has begun to fly from Tad's lips as his volume has risen high enough that Lord Kesten & his armsmen might hear.
"Now, if you lot are done. The reason I asked everyone to come here & talk had nothing to do with planning our actions against this Kesstle tart & everything to do with HIM!" Pointing vigorously at Happs.
"The last few words 'e's uttered are tha only unvarnished truth ta come out 'is lips. 'e's DONE! Pesterin' 'im more is no better'n torture. 'e's said all 'e will say."
"fer now leastwise"


Male Dhamphir Bard 1

If you were to touch me again that manner that barely befits the discipling that a parent might give an unruly child, then there will be consequences. I am no student of war, and thus had no comments that could be made about whatever plans you might have on this mission as you call it. Now you will either remove your hand from me, and refrain from ever touching me again, or I promise you that the likelihood of you surviving another night reduces with each passing second.

If I have so little experience in reading men, then why was it that blank threats such as those that you have given the man have released nothing more than his anger, and yet my own methods have managed to get the man to reveal far more? My methods might be significantly less brutish than your own, but they were getting further. We know of kressle, we know of the bandits, and we know that this man holds no loyalty to the woman. So why not attempt to reform him? He might not be willing to help us now, but the option of death seems to have little preference to him. Done he might be with us, but I am not done with him.

Erostil will turn from the foolish man (Tad), and then go back to Happs.

That you might go to a place better than this when the business we have is finished, I devote this mind and soul to the light of Sarenrae
Touching the bandit briefly, he casts charm person on him, and then waits till he knows whether it has worked or not. If not, then may the gods help him.


HP 30/30 ~ AC18 tch13 ff15 ~ CMD18 ~ Fort+5 Ref+5 Will+3

Morley watches this exchange and Erostil walking away. He leans toward Tad. "Musta had a hold of his good ear, cos I don't think he heard you too well."
He then speaks to the group remaining. "I am in agreement with Tad. We've gotten what information we can from the prisoner. I don't think anything we can get from him now will serve us better than getting to the camp before they are warned... and have time to prepare."

Morley thinks for a moment and shrugs.. "In fact, I think I should see if I can pick up their trail now. Don't worry... I won't go far without ya."


male Aasimar (Angel Blooded) Paladin level 3

Teyran approached the two, and began whispering to them both, irritation strong in his voice. Even in his lowered voice, he could be heard to announce "Sarenrae's grace!"

Tad and Erostil:
"Am I the only one in this group to have ever stood in the presence of a foe before?! Bickering like children in front of him as you are is even worse than telling him our plans.

He turned to Erostil and seemed to calm a bit, from his more even tone.

same folks:
"Even if you feel you have nothing to contribute to the discussion, you need to be a part of it, if only so you know what our plans are. Your desire to redeem this man are admirable, but they can wait a moment, he isn't going anywhere."

He cast his gaze toward Happs, and then turned his attention to Tad.

you know the drill:
"I don't know or much care who you were before we left Restov, but in the Stolen Lands, the only thing that matters you are an equal partner in this venture, the same as Erostil, the same as I. That means that he deserves every bit of respect that you would expect for yourself."

He raised his voice so that the others would be able to hear and added "Perhaps we might continue this discussion in another room? I believe it would be best for everyone involved."

I'm not sure how to handle the rest of you trying to overhear what was said, I suppose it would be a DC 25 perception check, since that is the difficulty for overhearing Message, and that is explicitly whispered.


"Do we have some form of swift transportation? I would expect we would need something in order to catch up and surpass the men who fled camp. Men who know the area and know exactly where they are going beyond 'south of here a couple of days on foot near the thorn river'. Men who have a significant head start."

It's been at least an hour by my reckoning, since it takes at least that long for a stable unconscious person to try to roll awaken to become staggered. Not to mention the time we took exploring the rest of the keep.

"Of course even if we should arrive before these men, from what we've heard, we'd have to get past Kressle's men watching in the trees and defeat a better prepared camp with larger numbers than those that were here. Not to mention the two days in untamed territory, making it unlikely we would have an uneventful trip."

"But, I suppose, this isn't a discussion about the plan for Kressle, but everything to do with Happs. Because, somehow, begetting violence amongst ourselves, or slaying our prisoner after a three-minute long conversation, will achieve that great, dreamt about, peace..."

"Let Erostil continue with the man. It certainly does no harm, and there is always more knowledge of the camp and it's environs that could be had."


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

At Teyran's words Tad calms noticeably. "You & I will talk later."
Turning to Arasmes, "Save your sarcasm for someone who cares Father, or did you think I hadn't noticed you had already given up on him before I asked everyone over here?" Dismissing the cleric to address Valeska, "I have to agree with Morley, in fact, less'n you've a better idea, I'll go with 'im 'n' make certain nothin' jumps out wi'out 'im havin' a back."


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

"Sounds good, Tad... I'd suggest horseback. Try to stay ahead of me." Valeska winks at the ruffian, offering her arm for a warrior's clasp in Varisian fashion.


HP 30/30 ~ AC18 tch13 ff15 ~ CMD18 ~ Fort+5 Ref+5 Will+3

Morley seeks out Oleg to see if he has a horse available.

Oleg:

"Goodman Oleg... we may be off soon. I would like to purchase a saddle and saddlebags if I could borrow a horse to put them on."


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

"Oi, Morley! Bide a wee!" As he scrambles up the hill to the two of them.

Morley & Oleg:
"Two might be a mite safer than one out there, less'n you're tha sort what don't like compn'y." Turning to Oleg, "Dun't suppose ye've another that I might ride?"


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

"Teyran, we will never have enough information. We get as much as we can, and maybe we gather more on the way. It's a process. Yes?

We stay open minded, we get there... we find her and decide how to approach, go or no go. She finds us and we have a little less time to decide." Valeska smiles.

"We can do this, old man. Have faith and let's make the best of it together...

What would she say?" With her finger, the young warrior indicates the female depicted on the Paladin's armor.

Valeska then adjusts her arm, ready to accept a warrior's clasp but no longer in Varisian fashion, but that of Brevoy. "Tad left me hanging, possibly to be expected. Are you going to do the same?"


Looking at Tad, Arasmes says softly, "Indeed. I am ashamed to say that I gave up on the man after you began to gather the others. Erostil's belief in the possibilities has returned my thoughts to the Dawnflower."

He then moves over to stand by Erostil. "Take what time you need, and allow me to assist where I may. It seems there will be action soon, however, so some amount of haste may be necessary."


male Aasimar (Angel Blooded) Paladin level 3

Teyran listened intently, and seemed to be coming around, until she pointed at the image on his armor. Then his face took on the look of someone who'd been slapped in the face for no apparent reason. The look of shock almost immediately transformed into rage. "You think to manipulate me by tugging at heartstrings? Do not make the mistake that you've earned the right to do that again, child." He kept his voice down, it wouldn't do for him to have scolded the others for arguing loudly in front of the prisoners if he did the same a few minutes later.

He hated the tactic all the more because it was effective, he did begin considering what Erisa would have done in this situation. She likely would have gone to investigate, but only after convincing Teyran that she would be safe. But then, she'd always had a talent for remaining unnoticed, and having magic in her blood certainly didn't hurt matters."If this goes poorly," he said, more calmly, but no less angry, "We do things my way from here on out."


Female Human Tactician 1 HP 12/12 | AC 18/20 | T 14 | FF 14/16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +4 | W +0 | Init +6 | Per +0

"No and no." Valeska offers softly and moves away.


HP 14/14; Init +3; Per +4, Low-Light Vision; AC 13, T 13, FF 10; F +1, R +5, W +3 (+2 vs mind, +1 vs Fear), immune sleep

Had my grandfather's funeral today which is why posting has been and will be slow for another few days yet. FYI and all.

Antha rolls her eyes and ignores the ego-posturing boys until Arasmes indicates trying to move ahead with a plan for Kressle.

"With proper preparation, I can cast spells to help protect myself to help with this role of playing 'bait'."


Male Dhamphir Bard 1

I am already aiming to expedite this whole mess with Happs, hence burning one of my bigger spells. Hopefully it will force him to be friendly, and therefore he will give us the information we need. What happens after that is another matter. Personally, I think the man might be useful to us, and I do not really wish him to be strung up.

I wont really be posting any other actions till I find out what has happened with the charm person, as any actions or lack thereof relies on the knowledge of what happens there.


Even with the hostile atmosphere from your companions the spell begins to take effect as Happs begins to cave on his aggressiveness.

"Fine, the amulet is under my sleeping furs in my tent. I will not apologize for the things that I have done because I did what I had to do to survive. I was not privileged and you try keeping a roof over your pregnant wife's head and food in her belly on a guard's salary. I went days without eating so her and the baby could. I borrowed poorly from a man, Gaedren Lamm, and could not pay. I became an enforcer for him after that to work my loans off or he was going to kill us. The money was good... I set my wife and child up for life and I do not regret leaving them like that. They are better off without my influence or Gaedren Lamm's influence."

Happs' falls silence now to await his fate as he begins milling things over in his head.


male Aasimar (Angel Blooded) Paladin level 3

Sense Motive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Teyran watched the man intently as he spoke, watching for the slightest hint of untruth.


Teyran:

You do not believe that he is lying.


Morley and Tad:

”I certainly have some horses that came with us but I would have to lease them out to you as we will need them to pull about supplies to begin construction on the fort, but it happens that the bandit's had two horses. I was going to use them as draft horses but you can have them since they don't belong to the expedition. If you need to outfit them for a ride then I have the equipment but if you let me pick through the gear left by the bandits then I can convert it to credit for your group and give you lot twenty percent off on purchases from the expedition stores though anything I have to send back to Restov for will be full-priced.”


HP 30/30 ~ AC18 tch13 ff15 ~ CMD18 ~ Fort+5 Ref+5 Will+3

Tad and Oleg:

Morley gives Tad a genuine three quarter smile... "Glad to have the company. We can start out where they poured through the wall... first get a feel for if they all headed toward this Kressle's camp. Even if trackin em doesn't fit in the plan, wouldn't mind gettin a lay of the land. "

He nods to Oleg. "Thank you sir. That'll work just fine."


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Brawler)/3 HP 32/32, Init +2, Per +1, AC 15/ t12/ ff13, F 4, R 3, W 2

Morley & Oleg:
Tad snorts at Morely's shared joke. "We're a bit beyond my expertise with this," his arm spread to indicate the plains & forest to the South. "Consider me your second out there."

Looking to Oleg, he nods. "As he said, my thanks, that will serve quite well."


Male Human Sorcerer
DundjinnMasta wrote:

Even with the hostile atmosphere from your companions the spell begins to take effect as Happs begins to cave on his aggressiveness.

"Fine, the amulet is under my sleeping furs in my tent. I will not apologize for the things that I have done because I did what I had to do to survive. I was not privileged and you try keeping a roof over your pregnant wife's head and food in her belly on a guard's salary. I went days without eating so her and the baby could. I borrowed poorly from a man, Gaedren Lamm, and could not pay. I became an enforcer for him after that to work my loans off or he was going to kill us. The money was good... I set my wife and child up for life and I do not regret leaving them like that. They are better off without my influence or Gaedren Lamm's influence."

Happs' falls silence now to await his fate as he begins milling things over in his head.

Trust me Happs, my own beginnings were far from privileged. Then again, neither had I had the same problems that you once had to face. If I were to have gone through that, then I can see myself having to make the same choices you have had to make. If your wife and child are out from their influence, then what say you we bring them to these lands? I imagine somehow that it would be a better life than that faced in the town? Perhaps you could make a better life for yourself out here eh?.

Erostil pauses for a moment, wondering whether the rest of these strange men would even accept that he wanted to take this man under his wing. Redemption was possible. It seemed that Happs did still care about the wife and child that he left behind, but had tried to convince himself otherwise in order to maintain face with his men or something. There was more to learn, and if the man had some capability with weapons etc then maybe he would be able to work well in the expedition. At the very least he could come with them and hunt for their prey. There were other bandits to find.

He stands and extends a hand to Happs, guiding him to a more comfortable place to sit.

Happs, I need to speak with the group for a moment, if you could wait here please and I will come back soon.

He motions for the group to come near, mindful that Tad appeared to have a fascination with grabbing ears. The humiliation still rankled, but with a mans life at stake, he could forget that for a moment.

We all maintain equal rank here, and so I am calling a tribunal here and now for this man's life. I personally was moved by his story. The choices he made are not good, but it turns out he is not an uncaring man, just perhaps a little misguided. Certainly he will have knowledge of where this camp is that we are looking for, and therefore he is more useful to us alive than dead. I personally would rather see him alive. If Brevoy are going to expand into this area, which seems to be the reason for our charter, then there will be a need for men and women who know the area. I would therefore petition for the man's life, in much the same way as I did for the man Auchs. I do not believe that any man is beyond saving. He made an honest living once, and I am sure can do so again.

Yes he fell into banditry, but look at why! He wanted to provide for wife and child, and yet still went hungry. The bad loans prove nothing more than desperation and a desire to provide more for his own. With the right help, I really think that it might be better to keep him alive, let him make a new life for himself and when things are a little more settled than they are currently, perhaps we can send for his wife and child wherever they might be.

I now hand over the floor to you all

451 to 500 of 1,341 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arcmagik's "The Sounds of War" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.