Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

The Shipwrecked and the Vaults of Madness

Game Master chavamana


101 to 150 of 453 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Ranger 3

On the Beach - Before First Sleep

chavamana wrote:
"Anyone want to hear ghost tales of the shipwrecks of Smuggler's Shiv?"

"Ooh, really?" Áine scoots in close, looking forward to an exciting story or three.


Male Human Warpriest 3

On the Beach - Before First Sleep

"The knots aren't magical, but there is something magic in the bag. Have fun."


Male Human Beast Rider/Dune Drifter 3
Faith Dagger wrote:
"Never made it out to Taldor. Skirted Cheliax, but in the other direction. Cheliax is a final destination for people like me, and I'm in no hurry to reach my final destination. Is that Tulip's feather in your hat?"

"Sure is. Be weird if it were someone else's."

On the Beach - Before First Sleep

Aerys wrote:
As Zaine is finishing up his 'keep things absolutely dry in a deluge' Aerys touches him lightly on his shoulder. Looking absolutely uncomfortable, she holds up a leather-bound package which looks to have a journal and many loose leaf pages. Mumbling in the direction of her shoes (quite nice boots with big silver buckles), "It isn't survival like your gear, but is there room for these in there?"

"Far as I'm concerned, this is communal waterproofing. If you wanted to sleep in here, as long as there's room, there's not a lot I'll have to say about it." Zaine gives her a be my guest gesture. "So what is it? It's poetry, isn't it."

The First Day
Expecting heat and rain, Zaine strips down to his breeches, and of course his hat. It's... not an impressive sight. He has the physique of someone used to missing meals. He busies himself with the maintenance of the fire. As for Tulip, she also gets relief from her barding.

When everyone's up, Zaine points out toward the other shipwreck. "Anyone up for checking that out? Might be more supplies. Or, you know, lobsters."


Ranger 3
Quote:
Getting to the top of a cliff on the north side, you see another shipwreck (much older than the Jenivere on a small island north east of your small beach.
Zaine Kildare wrote:
When everyone's up, Zaine points out toward the other shipwreck. "Anyone up for checking that out? Might be more supplies. Or, you know, lobsters."

"Yeah." Áine says, "Let's do it."

Quote:

On the Beach - Before First Sleep

"The knots aren't magical, but there is something magic in the bag. Have fun."

"Okay, Let's see what we got." Áine opens the bag.


On the Beach - Before First Sleep

Áine Aiman wrote:
Faith Dagger wrote:
"The knots aren't magical, but there is something magic in the bag. Have fun."
"Okay, Let's see what we got." Áine opens the bag.

Sasha, against Áine's advice, stays close to see what is in the carefully sealed bag. It takes quite a while for Áine to work open the knots but, with patience (or much faster a knife), eventually the bag is opened. Sasha shifts back on her heels, just a little frown on her lips as she sees what Áine pulls from the bag. "Build up," holding her hand shoulder high, "payoff." As her hand moves down towards the sand.

Inside the leather satchel there is a masterwork dagger, a heavy winter jacket, two potion vials, a spell component pouch, and a amulet of a man's face, the right black and the left white - the holy symbol of Nethys, god of magic. Jask glances over and looks poleaxed. "They sent them along?"

Zaine Kildare wrote:
"Far as I'm concerned, this is communal waterproofing. If you wanted to sleep in here, as long as there's room, there's not a lot I'll have to say about it." Zaine gives her a be my guest gesture. "So what is it? It's poetry, isn't it."

Aerys tucks the book satchel into the protected area of the shelter, color painting her cheekbones at Zaine's question. Tone edged, "And if it is?"

On the Beach - Before First Sleep

Áine Aiman wrote:
chavamana wrote:
"Anyone want to hear ghost tales of the shipwrecks of Smuggler's Shiv?"
"Ooh, really?" Áine scoots in close, looking forward to an exciting story or three.

"It starts, as the best ghost stories do with a love story. A pirate, captain of the Brine Demon, was resting in Bloodcove when he was struck by cupid's arrow. A simple bard, a half-elf with fire red hair," Jask doffs an invisible hat at the group's own red-haired half-elf, "Aeshamara." The story continues, not the greatest of speakers, but touched with humor as the two meet, fall in love, and are torn apart by the captain's obsession with 'the score'. An obsession that has him in league with officials in both Sargava and Bloodcove. His risky transport of skimmed taxes and tithes forced him to skim the Shiv time and time again - until he finally lost to the deadly tides and sharp rocks. Left alone to die to a mutinous crew and only able to cry his sorrow at losing his one love.

Not totally engrossed in Jask's story:
Aerys happily drinks all of the beer that isn't being drunk by anyone else. Then stares up at the stars for a bit. "clinging to the board in the dregs of the storm..."

The First Day

Apparently not able to sleep much after the winged intruder, Sasha is up early and was able to pull a few fish from the ocean. She offers a lightly charred fillet to Tulip when the dinosaur comes around.

The three survivors wearing armor all stow the protective gear at the camp (leather for Aerys and Ishirou, chain shirt for Sasha) during the morning. Ishirou, still a bit off from his concussion, strips down to his breeches, revealing a scarred and wiry body but decides to stay and do some foraging. Gelik says he'll work on making the shelter more comfortable and, on hearing that, Aerys says she'll stay to make sure the camp is still around when they get back. Jask waves at the group when they leave for the shipwreck, instead manning the fishing lines that he asks (really anyone with the survival skill) with patience. Sasha is excited to see the wreck and what else might lie beyond.

A) Sense Motive DC 20:
You'd guess that Gelik doesn't want to do much of anything, and not being combat or survival competent doesn't want to f*@! up anything.
B) Sense Motive DC 20:
You thin Aerys is mostly staying around to make sure Gelik doesn't go poking around her papers.

With the shipwreck just a mile and a half down the coast, you are able to stick to the high ridge that allows relatively easy passage through the jungle. Just as the morning rainstorm that Faith promised ends you find yourself at the rocky promenade that leads to the wrecked remains of the Tears of Grog.

C) K: history DC 20 or spent a good amount of time in the Shackles:
The Tears of Grog was a ship in the fleet of the Hurricane King. It was lost at sea after a storm caused by the Eye of Abendego five years ago - just after the King arranged a massive shipment of firearms to the Shackles.
D) Perception DC 20:
As you are approaching the ship, you see something move in the shadows of the broken hold.

Man Behind the Curtain:
1d100 ⇒ 171d2 ⇒ 11d100 ⇒ 693d100 ⇒ (93, 42, 78) = 213


Ranger 3
Sasha wrote:
"Build up," holding her hand shoulder high, "payoff." As her hand moves down towards the sand.

"Yeah" she says ruefully. "Still, better no one got hurt, I guess."

Quote:
Inside the leather satchel there is a masterwork dagger, a heavy winter jacket, two potion vials, a spell component pouch, and a amulet of a man's face, the right black and the left white - the holy symbol of Nethys, god of magic. Jask glances over and looks poleaxed. "They sent them along?"

"Yours?" she asks, questioningly.

The First Day
Sense Motive A:dc20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Sense Motive B:dc20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Perveption dc20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
[B]"Something's moving in the shadows of the hold." she says, adding a couple arrows to her left hand holding her bow, arrow nocked but not yet drawn.


Male Human Beast Rider/Dune Drifter 3

rollin rollin rollin:

SM 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
SM 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
PC 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Aerys wrote:
Aerys tucks the book satchel into the protected area of the shelter, color painting her cheekbones at Zaine's question. Tone edged, "And if it is?"

"Does it rhyme?" Zaine asks hopefully. "Can't abide poetry that doesn't rhyme. At that point, you're just talking, you know?"

The First Day

Zaine sighs and puts on some of his clothes for the shipwreck, and of course takes his powderhorn, leaving the paper cartridges behind in the tarp, along with both his and Tulip's armor.

"So whaddya think, girl? We could probably move here. Build a house. Eat fish. I mean, the dating scene for me is kind of dead, but you might find someone special."


Female Half-elf Investigator / 2

Arcadia shows true excitement when the rest of her gear is uncovered. She gives Aine a broad smile when asked about the alchemical equipment.

As for the rest of it, she spends most of her time listening, observing, nodding and smiling where appropriate. She's not sequestered herself away from anyone, however, and participates in small talk willingly.

On the Beach - Before First Sleep

chavamana wrote:
... His risky transport of skimmed taxes and tithes forced him to skim the Shiv time and time again - until he finally lost to the deadly tides and sharp rocks. Left alone to die to a mutinous crew and only able to cry his sorrow at losing his one love.

"Did Aeshamara ever search for him? Or did she do what so many sailor's loves do and stand at the edge of a cliff, waving a white bit of cloth with a tear in her eye?" The question might sound sarcastic, but it appears that Arcadia is all in on this story.

Áine Aiman:

At some point during the first night, Arcadia drops herself down next to Áine.

"You're handy in a shipwreck situation, and a damn fine cook. How did you end up in a place like this?" She gestures backwards at the impossible dark of the unfamiliar jungle.

The First Day

So many rolls:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
K:History: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

"Ah, Tears of Grog! Might be some leftover firearms aboard. Although..." she looks thoughtful. "Likely not much that works after being submerged for five years..."

Arcadia stretches, tucking dark hair underneath her hat as she takes note of Áine readying her bow. "Another lobster?"

Zaine wrote:
So whaddya think, girl? We could probably move here. Build a house. Eat fish. I mean, the dating scene for me is kind of dead, but you might find someone special."

"Don't sell yourself short, Zaine." Her grin turns sly. "I'm sure there are plenty of other dinos in the jungle who'd love to take you out for dinner."


Male Human Beast Rider/Dune Drifter 3
Arcadia Thorne wrote:
"Ah, Tears of Grog! Might be some leftover firearms aboard. Although..." she looks thoughtful. "Likely not much that works after being submerged for five years..."

Zaine looks momentarily hopeful at the prospect of more guns, but then concedes the second point to himself with a sad nod.

Arcadia wrote:
"Don't sell yourself short, Zaine." Her grin turns sly. "I'm sure there are plenty of other dinos in the jungle who'd love to take you out for dinner."

Zaine looks like he's considering it for a moment, then shakes his head with a naaaah expression.


Ranger 3

The First Day

Arcadia Thorne wrote:
"Ah, Tears of Grog! Might be some leftover firearms aboard. Although..." she looks thoughtful. "Likely not much that works after being submerged for five years..."

"Maybe if they're magic or had magical protection," Āine shrugs.

Quote:
Arcadia stretches, tucking dark hair underneath her hat as she takes note of Áine readying her bow. "Another lobster?"

Áine shrugs, "Not sure yet. But something..."

Arcadia wrote:
Zaine wrote:
So whaddya think, girl? We could probably move here. Build a house. Eat fish. I mean, the dating scene for me is kind of dead, but you might find someone special."
"Don't sell yourself short, Zaine." Her grin turns sly. "I'm sure there are plenty of other dinos in the jungle who'd love to take you out for dinner."

Āine laughs softly until there are tears in her eyes.


Ranger 3

Arcadia Thorne:
Quote:
"You're handy in a shipwreck situation, and a damn fine cook. How did you end up in a place like this?" She gestures backwards at the impossible dark of the unfamiliar jungle.

Áine sits back, openly pleased with the complements. "Not much to tell," Āine demures, "Spent the bulk of my time recently in the Shackles, so kinda the pirate life for me, but... she starts looking a little uncomfortable, "let's just say someone higher up the food chain decided I was his personal property... and i wasn't to keen on the subject. Got out while the gettin' was still good." she stares off in the distance, wearing a little half smile which only appears partially forced. "Now how I got from the Jenivere to Smuggler's Shiv, is something I'd like answered myself!" she says truthfully. "How about yourself, though. How did you get to be aboard this ill fated cruise?


Male Human Warpriest 3

The First Day

As promised, Faith slept in his armor. He takes it off while setting fishing lines (take 10 for a 17), but puts it back on before heading out toward the Tears of Grog with the scouting party.

"How much do you think one of those big birds could carry off?" he asks to no one in particular.


Male Human Beast Rider/Dune Drifter 3

The First Day

Faith Dagger wrote:
"How much do you think one of those big birds could carry off?" he asks to no one in particular.

"How much of what?"


Male Human Warpriest 3

The First Day

"How much weight? Wondering what the odds are that Gelik or Jask winds up birdfood if they're not careful."

Faith looks up at the sky where the great birds were last seen.

"Those were big birds."

Faith looks back down at the surf. "Think I won't mention this question to Sasha."


Male Human Beast Rider/Dune Drifter 3
Faith Dagger wrote:

"How much weight? Wondering what the odds are that Gelik or Jask winds up birdfood if they're not careful."

Faith looks up at the sky where the great birds were last seen.

"Those were big birds."

Faith looks back down at the surf. "Think I won't mention this question to Sasha."

"Probably a good idea."


On the Beach - Before First Sleep

Áine Aiman wrote:
"Yours?" she asks, questioningly.

Jask nods. "Didn't think they'd send it with me." He smiles, "I can help with magical healing after mid-day tomorrow." He takes the holy symbol, hanging around his neck.

Zaine Kildare wrote:
"Does it rhyme?" Zaine asks hopefully. "Can't abide poetry that doesn't rhyme. At that point, you're just talking, you know?"

"Only on the mood shifts." Aeryn stutters over the words just a bit, "I did have one draft with only rhyming, but it just ended sounding like something that should be sung drunk."

One the Beach - Before First Sleep

Arcadia Thorne wrote:
"Did Aeshamara ever search for him? Or did she do what so many sailor's loves do and stand at the edge of a cliff, waving a white bit of cloth with a tear in her eye?" The question might sound sarcastic, but it appears that Arcadia is all in on this story.

"I don't think she did go searching, Aeshamara was in love," he shakes her head, "but she was not blind to the nature of her lover."

The First Day - Tears of Grog

The rocks leading out to the small island on which the Grog is wrecked are further apart than yesterday's jaunt, either requiring one to jump or get a little wet. As everyone gets to the little island, the movement in the depths of the dark hold reveals itself to be three barnacle encrusted skeletons, their focused movement towards the living proof that the Shiv is at least partially haunted by the undead.

The small island is about 30-feet wide, the skeletons have just emerged from the hold, so you have some room.


Ranger 3

The First Day - Tears of Grog

Quote:
The small island is about 30-feet wide, the skeletons have just emerged from the hold, so you have some room.

"Not my ideal opponent." Āine mutters with some obvious distaste, casting about for something more amenable to breaking bone.

Round 1?:

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Failing to find any Magnum bats immediately handy Áine attempts to shoot a skeleton thru an eye socket
Comp.bow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Unfortunately, just missing as the arrow deflects harmlessly off the skeletons curved skull. Āine grimaced, "I hate undead." she says with some feeling.


Male Human Beast Rider/Dune Drifter 3
chavamana wrote:
"Only on the mood shifts." Aeryn stutters over the words just a bit, "I did have one draft with only rhyming, but it just ended sounding like something that should be sung drunk."

"That's the best kind," Zaine says.

The First Day - Tears of Grog

The rocks leading out to the small island on which the Grog is wrecked are further apart than yesterday's jaunt, either requiring one to jump or get a little wet. As everyone gets to the little island, the movement in the depths of the dark hold reveals itself to be three barnacle encrusted skeletons, their focused movement towards the living proof that the Shiv is at least partially haunted by the undead.

The small island is about 30-feet wide, the skeletons have just emerged from the hold, so you have some room.

"Somebody must've whistled wrong," Zaine mutters, taking aim at one of the skeletons.

Round 1:

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

"Get 'em, girl," Zaine says to Tulip as he sights down his musket and fires.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d12 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Tulip runs across the sand and attempts to take a bite out of one of the skeletons.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Human Warpriest 3

The First Day - Tears of Grog

Faith's face lights up at the sight of the skeletons. "Evil!" he says joyously.

Round 1:
I should have my character sheet proper posted to my page by the end of the day. So here are some relevant numbers in case you have the chance to run combat before I get this done.

AC 19 (touch 12), HP 16. CMD 13. Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +6

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Faith draws a dagger, which begins to glow with a white light.

Got too used to inquisitor judgments being swift actions. Warpriest blessings are standard actions. Holy Strike active for the next minute.


On the Beach - Before First Sleep

Zaine Kildare wrote:
Aerys wrote:
"Only on the mood shifts." Aeryn stutters over the words just a bit, "I did have one draft with only rhyming, but it just ended sounding like something that should be sung drunk."
"That's the best kind," Zaine says.

"It needs more work." Aerys says after a long moment, clearly trying to figure out if Zaine is sincere.

The First Day - Tears of Grog

Faith draws a dagger, which begins to glow with a white light.

Failing to find any Magnum bats immediately handy Áine attempts to shoot a skeleton thru an eye socket. Unfortunately, just missing as the arrow deflects harmlessly off the skeletons curved skull. Āine grimaced, "I hate undead." she says with some feeling.

"Get 'em, girl," Zaine says to Tulip as he sights down his musket and fires. The shot causes the furthest skeleton to disintegrate. Tulip runs across the rock and takes a bite out of one of the skeletons. As most of the bones fall to the wave washed sandstone, she looks quite proud of her new chewtoy.

With a bright grin, Sasha slides past Tulip to the final skeleton, her rapier hitting true, but totally the wrong weapon for fighting bony creatures. For her efforts her blue shirt gains some new rips as the skeleton's bony hand slashes at her midsection.

GM:
Sasha: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Skely: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 111d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 141d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Human Warpriest 3

round 2:
Faith charges (if possible) the closest skeleton.

”Die again!”

Faith swings his glowing dagger at the nearest bare skull.

1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21 (assuming charge)

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 plus holy damage 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Human Beast Rider/Dune Drifter 3
chavamana wrote:
"It needs more work." Aerys says after a long moment, clearly trying to figure out if Zaine is sincere.

"Best keep it dry, then," says Zaine.

round 2:

Zaine reloads his musket. Meanwhile, Tulip takes a bite out of the other skeleton.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Ranger 3

Round 2:
Áine moves to get a better angle on the remaining skeleton, then releases her frustration into the side of its skull.
Comp.bow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
The arrow hits true, sinking in and sticking there. The Skelton merely looks at her and laughs.


The First Day - Tears of Grog

Faith charges the closest (and final) skeleton. ”Die again!” Faith swings his glowing dagger at the bare skull and the piercing weapon demolishes the skull, leaving the body body to sway in the ocean spray for a moment before falling to the rock in pieces.

The undead destroyed, Tulip considers the largest bones in the piles of skeletons and everyone is able to explore the remains of the wrecked ship. Sadly, most of the remaining cargo in the hold is rusty and decayed by seawater. The one exception to this is a remarkably well preseved chest that is actually underwater - the seams sealed by a waxy substance.

Not much of the ship is left (other than the hold where the undead lurked) but you do find the ship's bell.

Would you be Detect Magicing?:
Then there is a faint aura of transmutation on the wood and wax of the chest.

If you guys decide you want to take the chest with you it's about a hundred pounds. As you come out of the ship you find that the hot weather Faith promised has arrived. Traveling with the chest during the next two hours will require a fortitude save otherwise you are fatigued.


Ranger 3

Áine is more then up for a good workout. Hauling the chest up to the island and checking it out there, if there is time, sounds like a good idea though. she expects the lock is filled with wax or rusted solid, so will want to take 20 if/when there is time.
-----corrected below-----
Since Tulip will be doing the heavy lifting, Áine helps the others make sure the weight is allocated correctly for her, checking the path in front of her and making sure she has food(fish?) & fresh water to stay hydrated during the 2 hour haul.

dice:

Take 20 will be 27 on disable device
Also, goes without saying, being careful of poison needles within wavy substance, because pirates
Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Tulip Fort: 1d20 + 3 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 4 + 2 = 17

Strapping the heavy chest to Tulip allows the exploratory party to travel back along the cliffs almost as quickly as they traveled out to the wrecked ship. Which is a relief as it gets incredibly hot on the journey back to base camp. You arrive at the shipwreck beach drenched from the humidity and also intensely thirsty.

You are first greeted by Aerys with a nod, she has given in to the heat - removing her black leather armor and wearing a white frilly pirate and black breeches. Closer to the shelter Jask comes out with two of the waterskins heavy with water which he offers around.

"What did you find?" A pause, "Other than the wax sealed chest?" Tulip chirps in eagerness as the heavy chest is unstrapped from her.

In the shade of the tarps, Áine goes to work on the chest, carefully dislodging wax from seam and lock. Cracking open the chest, there is a slight inrush of air - as if the contents were held under a vacuum. There is a whiff of sulfur.

Inside the chest are the supplies to make 40 paper cartridges.
Looking at the interior of the chest, you see no seams of wood, as if the pieces used to make it has been fused into one solid piece.


Ranger 3
Quote:
"What did you find?" A pause, "Other than the wax sealed chest?"

"Skeletons." Áine shakes her head in disgust, "Hate undead." a pause as she inspects the interior of the treasure box. "Hmm. Good chest." she remarks.


Áine Aiman wrote:
"Skeletons." Áine shakes her head in disgust, "Hate undead."

The lines of Jask's face deepen as he frowns.

There are hours of sun-pounding heat. Even in the shelter, you can't escape because the drenching humidity makes you feel like a puddle of goo. If there was a breeze, you'd be able to cool slightly in the shade, but the air is still. Finally, after what feels like forever, rain starts to fall from the clear sky, although the clouds follow soon after. Water seeps in the seams between sailcloths - although the waterproof section seems to be doing its job.

The rain drizzles to a stop, giving you about four hours until dark.


Ranger 3

Return to the Beach

Quote:
You arrive at the shipwreck beach drenched from the humidity and also intensely thirsty.

Áine strips of her haramaki, eyeing the break and the sandy beach. She bites her lip uncertainly looking down at herself before apparently coming to a decision. She looks up and exclaims, "It is hot! I'm going to take a quick dip to cool off." she turns to the others, "does anyone want to join me?"

It's raining!
Once it begins to rain in earnest, Āine steps out with arms stretched wide, then begins to smile and dance across the sand, staying well back from the tarp collecting water.
It's readily apparent Áine has no actual training in dance, but she is enjoying herself and rinsing off the salt on her skin at the same time.
Her voice rises in a Shoanti tune
Shoanti:

They show the earth great respect
And they dance for rain and rainbows
The earth is our mother,
we must take care of her.
Hey yanna, ho yanna, hey yan yan.
Her sacred ground we walk upon,
with every step we take.
The earth is our mother,
she will take care of us.
They show the earth great respect
And they dance for rain and rainbows


Sing: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Male Human Beast Rider/Dune Drifter 3

When the chest is taken off of Tulip, Zaine gives the t-rex a quick rubdown. It's sort of like what you'd do with a horse. With feathers. And teeth like daggers.

"Good job, girl," Zaine says. "I mean, I couldn't have carried the thing back."

At the discovery of what's in it, Zaine brightens. "Looks like I won't be running out of ammo any time soon. Unless you all have something you'd rather do with black powder, lead, paper, and beeswax. Party favors, maybe. Terrible, terrible party favors."

Zaine gets the lot of it into the tarp as quickly as he can, along with his musket. He still hasn't bothered to put on a shirt. At the suggestion of a swim, he shrugs. "Why not?"

"A dip" apparently means sitting motionless in shallow water, while Tulip splashes through the shallows, trying to catch fish.


Ranger 3

Wanna go fer a foraging walk? Áine asks Sasha, Aerys and anyone else interested. Āine plans on spending the final 4 hours before nightfall and after the rains pass looking for fish, crabs, lobster, edible seaweed and the like.
Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Ranger 3
Quote:
"A dip" apparently means sitting motionless in shallow water, while Tulip splashes through the shallows, trying to catch fish.

Áine is likewise staying in the shallows, though she keeps her dagger with her and roots around the rocks and looks for bubbles or water squirting from the sand looking for crabs, sea urchin, clams and other muscles.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"Thangs for keeping me from being lobster bait guys." she smiles at the big bird and her human after one of her forays.


At the suggestion of a swim, Sasha smiles broadly. She stores her blue shirt and brown pants alongside her armor and goes deep enough in the water to rise and fall and play with the incoming waves. In just her underclothes, you see that her pale skin is marred by large tattoo between her shoulderblades.

Aerys does remove her boots and sit on a rock along the water, letting her feet get wet.

A) Sense Motive DC 20:
Ishirou stays further back from the water, but he is watching Aerys rather than the water.
B) Faith or Perception DC 15:
Once evening falls, Aerys approaches Faith when he is a bit away from the shelter. Too casually she asks, "Are you going to do that thing with the sea water again?"

The First Week on the Shiv

The group is lucky enough to have been stranded with a number of people who are amazing good at survival in primitive conditions. Between Áine, Faith, Sasha and Zaine - supported by Jask and Ishirou - you are able to have enough food to keep everyone feed and even have some less perishable food saved up. This allows everyone more time to search your island home. (Or play in the waves.)

At the very end of the week, you do finally find a fresh water source (although with both Faith and Jask able to transmute the salt water to fresh the water situation isn't desperate). However, the upwelling spring the head of a very small river that follows south. The downside is that Áine sees scales and other signs that a poisonous viper lives near to the water source.

Your exploration does reveal three dimorphoden rookeries, two more shipwrecks. Looking at the far side of the protected bay of the Shiv, you do see some structures near the shore as well as what look like huge crabs, but with the distance you're just guessing at shapes. There is one island that is a stark contrast to the lush greenery of the Shiv being colorless and stark despite what looks like vegetation growing.

Sasha happily comes exploring. Aerys normally stays at base camp, guarding, but does come if you think you need some extra muscle -
dragging heavy things, etc. Jask and Gelik are all about keeping the camp running. Jask regularly asks how people are feeling and when he notices them checks on bug bites, worried about jungle fever and other diseases. Gelik mostly tries to amuse, his wit biting but clever. Using paper donated by Aerys, Ishirou actually sketches the vague shape of the Shiv and helps keep track of what you've found.


Ranger 3

Áine keeps half an eye out for the others, especially Sasha and Aerys, as she plays and forages thru the shallows.

Dice/Gm:

A) Sense Motive DC 20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
B) Faith or Perception DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
...and the tattoo is of?

Viper Hunt
When there is time, Áine & Sasha and ? track down the medium sized viper.
Tracking: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25


Male Human Warpriest 3

Aerys or Perception DC 15:
Faith looks at Aerys, then back out to the sea. "Yes," he says. "When I have magic to spare. Is this a personal request or a professional one?"

The First Week on the Shiv

Faith wears his armor a lot, sleeping in it most nights. He takes armor breaks when it's incredibly hot or any time he goes into the ocean on purpose.

He checks the weather every other day. Most nights, he offers one or two people a Dream Feast spell. He asks Zaine before offering it to Tulip. There is usually a little alcohol transmuted from seawater as well.

GM:
Most days, Faith's 1-level spells are some combo of Read Weather, Enhance Water, and Dream Feast. But he prays for these at night. In the morning (his designated prayer time), his typical load is Detect Magic, Purify Food and Drink, Stabilize, 1 empty 0-level spot, and 3 empty 1-level spots. For now.


Male Human Beast Rider/Dune Drifter 3

When Sasha reveals the tattoo, Zaine raises an eyebrow. "I didn't figure you for a tattoo, but if you had one, I would have guessed some kind of dinosaur on your ankle."

rollin rollin rollin:

Sense Motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Nights Zaine spends with his head pillowed on Tulip, and Tulip's head pillowed on him. It's either cute, or it looks like a t-rex keeping a kill nice and close.

The first day he spends turning the raw materials into paper cartridges. By the end of the day, his fingers are stained black and sticky with beeswax. He stacks them up with the others, safely ensconced in the waterproof tarp.

Zaine does some scouting, but spends most of his time with Tulip. He appears to be attempting to teach her to fetch.

"What does everyone say we check out those other two shipwrecks and then the gray island?"


Ranger 3
Quote:
He stacks them up with the others, safely ensconced in the waterproof tarp.

Āine chicks her head slightly to one side, "Wouldn't it make sense to keep whatever you don't need immediately in the chest? I mean, it did keep the makings safe underwater for how many years." she asks quizzically. "I mean, its got no seams, except for the lid. And if you want, I could even try to reseal that with wax.." her voice trails off as her shoulders rise and fall in a shrug.

Quote:
"What does everyone say we check out those other two shipwrecks and then the gray island?"

"Sounds good to me." Āine says, then looks over in the direction of the gray island, regardless of whether or not it's actually visible from her current location. "Getting out there might take some doing though."


Ranger 3

Gm:
Sasha
During one of their forays, which might just happen to be near one of the dimorphodon rookeries, Áine mentions during a rest break, "Noticed the tat between your shoulder blades the other day. It's...Kind of distinctive. What does it mean to you? If you don't mind my asking."


Male Human Warpriest 3
Áine Aiman wrote:
Quote:
"What does everyone say we check out those other two shipwrecks and then the gray island?"
"Sounds good to me." Āine says, then looks over in the direction of the gray island, regardless of whether or not it's actually visible from her current location. "Getting out there might take some doing though."

"I agree," Faith says. "The island looks like it would be a challenging swim even for a strong swimmer. Unless we're going around the inside of the bay, and that seems like it would take many days."

Faith lays back on the sand and closes his eyes. "Unless one of us can make a small boat from what we have salvaged. I cannot."


Ranger 3

"I could eventually put something together. I think." Áine says with more then a hint of doubt in her voice, "but considering the materials we have...and the sea there looks pretty rough. I think a first attempt whose maiden voyage was to that location would be.. unwise." she chews her lower lip, considering the matter, "Yeah, pretty darn sure our time would be better spent seeing what's on the other side first." Áine seems to have reached a conclusion, "Yup. My vote is definitely for land exploration first." she nods, as much to herself as anyone else.
She contemplates some more, "What do you all think about moving or base camp South? At least to the spring. That'll allow for deeper exploration of the interior during our scouting missions."


Zaine Kildare wrote:
When Sasha reveals the tattoo, Zaine raises an eyebrow. "I didn't figure you for a tattoo, but if you had one, I would have guessed some kind of dinosaur on your ankle."

At the first mention of the tattoo, Sasha's shoulders stiffen, but she relaxes and even smiles a little at the dinosaur comment, "It wasn't my choice." She says with a shrug. "I've learned to just keep it covered," a smile, "but it is hot and we are stuck on an island in the middle of the Sargavan Sea."

Faith Dagger or Perception DC 15:
Aerys looks a little poleaxed by the question, "Pro..." her lips tighten, and she looks down at the sand, "Personal."
Faith Dagger wrote:
There is usually a little alcohol transmuted from seawater as well.

And when there is, Aerys drinks.

Middle of the First Week

Gelik lays about the shelter day and night. Jask does seem to be keeping a close eye on the halfling and seems worried.

Heal DC 15:
Gelik's skin is flushed and yet pale and clammy.

Western Shipwreck - Tattooed Lady

In order to get to the western shipwreck during a low tide, you are forced to travel (or wait through on the cliffs) another of the downpours that have become a regular part of your life on the Shiv. Going out over the rocks, the wreck looks like a good prospect, the figurehead of a tattooed woman with deep blue hair prominent on the rocks, many of the masts still standing. Once you get to the ship, however, you see that all that is left is the front half of the main deck, so hull. However, you do see a cylindrical object tied to the first mast about fifteen feet above the deck, tarnished brass barely reflecting the morning light.

Zaine:
Towards the end of the first week, while you are out exploring or survivaling with Tulip, Tulip get very excited as you are approaching the jungle which borders the base camp beach. She darts ahead picking up something in her teeth and brings it back to you, 'Can I eat it?' in her whole feathered body.

The object is a monkey, its body utterly broken, feeling more like a ragdoll than a creature with a skeleton. In addition to the massive pulverizing damge, you see a number of puncture wounds. And not a drop of blood anywhere on the creature.


GM:
Exposure: 1d100 ⇒ 431d100 ⇒ 811d100 ⇒ 581d100 ⇒ 871d100 ⇒ 491d100 ⇒ 271d100 ⇒ 121d100 ⇒ 721d100 ⇒ 481d100 ⇒ 26


Male Human Beast Rider/Dune Drifter 3
chavamana wrote:
At the first mention of the tattoo, Sasha's shoulders stiffen, but she relaxes and even smiles a little at the dinosaur comment, "It wasn't my choice." She says with a shrug. "I've learned to just keep it covered," a smile, "but it is hot and we are stuck on an island in the middle of the Sargavan Sea."

"That's probably good, because the other day Tulip told me she wanted a tattoo of a redhead on her ankle. It might get a little awkward."

Western Shipwreck - Tattooed Lady

Zaine keeps an eye out for an intact longboat. And more skeletons.

GM:
"Uh... no girl. It might be poison. Bad." Zaine wraps the monkey corpse up in leaves and brings it back to camp.

Toward the end of the first week, Zaine comes back to camp holding a bundle of leaves. "All right, this is going to sound a little weird, but I found a dead monkey, and I'm not sure what killed it. Might point to some danger out here to us."


Ranger 3

"Faith? Jask? What do you think?" Áine takes a look to see if she notices anything in particular.

Gm/dice:

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Male Human Warpriest 3
Áine Aiman wrote:
She contemplates some more, "What do you all think about moving or base camp South? At least to the spring. That'll allow for deeper exploration of the interior during our scouting missions."

"I am in favor of moving the base camp. Away from the sea in case of a large storm. If we can find a cave or something, that would be perfect. Preferably" and here Faith's eyes flicker toward wherever Sasha is "away from the rookeries."

Aerys or Perception DC 15:
Faith nods. "Then I will consider it a personal favor for my new drinking buddy."

"I can do beer or wine." A small grin breaks across his face. "If you wanted something harder, you should have gotten yourself shipwrecked with a cleric of Cayden Cailean."

Middle of the First Week

Faith kneels down next to Gelik. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 He looks up at Jask. "I don't know," he says. "What do you think?"

Viper Hunt

Faith is willing to assist in the Viper Hunt.

Western Shipwreck - Tattooed Lady

"I hope there are more skeletons," Faith says. "Putting those things down is a holy duty. And kinda fun."

Dead Monkey

"I can take a look," Faith says. K: nature? Assuming jungle relevance: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Zaine Kildare wrote:
"That's probably good, because the other day Tulip told me she wanted a tattoo of a redhead on her ankle. It might get a little awkward."

Sasha laughs as she floats into the deeper water where the waves can pick her up and down.

A) K: religion DC 15:
The tattoo on Sasha's back is the holy symbol of Achaekek.
B) K: local DC 15:
The tattoo on Sasha's back is the mark of the Red Mantis Assassins.
Áine:
Dead Monkey

Should you convince Zaine (or Tulip) where the monkey was found, you find no tracks or signs on the ground near the tree where the monkey was found, but you do see a few recently broken branches.

Faith:
Dead Monkey

The monkey looks to have been drained of all its blood through the puncture marks. You can't tell if the bones were broken before or after death. (bc that would be more a heal check)

Zaine:
Dead Monkey

Tulip chirps sadly and goes back to sniffing the air in search of something she can play with.


Middle of the Week

Jask checks Gelik's eyes again, shaking his head. Points out a number of bug bites (which, frankly everyone has to some degree), "I think that it is probably mindfire. He's been talking a bit crazy about Thassilion relics."

Jask rolls back on his heels, "I can try to help him with some magic, but it might not be enough. I'd like to make a tincture with yarrow and eleder, but there isn't any near the camp." He sucks in a breath, "Probably won't have much luck at all with the yarrow since it is so humid, but the eleder will grow anywhere with decay."

Western Shipwreck - Tattooed Lady

As everyone keeps an alert eye for undead (which sadly do not make an appearance), Sasha jumps up and starts to climb up to the bronze thing on the mast. Although she is a decent climber, the rope are old and one snaps on the way down and she falls onto the deck with a thud. She proudly holds up the old, tarnished spyglass with a grin. She discreetly rubs her bruised behind when she does stand up though.

Eastern Shipwreck - Golden Bow

Even as you approach the wreck, which looks decently whole from the island side, you smell rotten flesh. You hear a moan from behind the wood, shuffling.

Viper Hunt

Whoever decides to go along, Áine shows the snake signs. About 30-feet from the spring, there is cave entrance, the jungle in front a bit beaten down. Behind a plant, a snakeskin ten-feet long is found.

C) K:nature DC 11:
Black mamba snakeskin. A really big one.


Male Human Warpriest 3

Take 10 on K: religion for 16

Faith makes a mental note.

Dead Monkey

"I can't tell if it died because its blood was sucked out or if it died because of the broken bones and it lost its blood later."

Faith looks sad briefly.

Middle of the Week

Faith nods. "I could suppress the illness myself for a few minutes, but that's not a long-term solution. I can look for yarrow and eleder, perhaps with Áine."

Western Shipwreck - Tattooed Lady

Faith applauds politely. "And for your next trick?"

Eastern Shipwreck - Golden Bow

Faith's eyes light up at the moaning shuffling noise. "Okay," he says to Zaine. "If it's undead, I will put a blessing on Tulip's teeth. Last for about a minute, which should be plenty of time."

"Anyone else want a blessing on their weapon if it's undead?"

He lowers his voice. "If it's wounded survivors, we help them but I will be somewhat disappointed."

Viper Hunt

Take 10 on the K: Nature

"Black mamba," Faith says. "No way to tell how big." He shrugs. "I don't have any spells that will help against being poisoned."


Ranger 3

Middle of the Week

Quote:
Faith nods. "I could suppress the illness myself for a few minutes, but that's not a long-term solution. I can look for yarrow and eleder, perhaps with Áine."

Áine nods. "It sounds like we should keep our eyes open then. I don't recall seeing any in the areas we've already scouted. Let me think for a while if there are any areas that would be more likely to have such things."

Western Shipwreck - Tattooed Lady
"A spyglass? Awesome find. Way to go, Sasha!"

Eastern Shipwreck - Golden Bow

Quote:
"Anyone else want a blessing on their weapon if it's undead?"

"Yes, please." says Áine, holding out her quiver. "If that's even an option, I mean."

Viper Hunt
Áine fairly squeals when she sees the skin. "Oh I so want that snake's skin!" then a pause and an irritated mumble, "Damn, I so should have paid more attention at tanning and curing of hide. Shoot!"

Quote:
"Black mamba," Faith says. "No way to tell how big." He shrugs. "I don't have any spells that will help against being poisoned."

Áine nods in agreement. "Gotcha. Don't get bit." she says simply, then adds "Hopefully find it before it finds us and kill it from a distance, or trap it's head so it can't bite...but based on the size of the scales, I'd say that tactic might be difficult."


Male Human Beast Rider/Dune Drifter 3

Dead Monkey

Faith Dagger wrote:

"I can't tell if it died because its blood was sucked out or if it died because of the broken bones and it lost its blood later."

Faith looks sad briefly.

"Tulip wanted to eat it," Zaine says by way of explanation. "I thought it might be full of viper poison or something."

Eastern Shipwreck - Golden Bow

Faith Dagger wrote:

Faith's eyes light up at the moaning shuffling noise. "Okay," he says to Zaine. "If it's undead, I will put a blessing on Tulip's teeth. Last for about a minute, which should be plenty of time."

"Anyone else want a blessing on their weapon if it's undead?"

"Based on what we've been fighting so far, that would seem to be overkill on my musket."

Viper Hunt

Faith Dagger wrote:
"Black mamba," Faith says. "No way to tell how big." He shrugs. "I don't have any spells that will help against being poisoned."

"I do," Zaine says, cocking the musket.


Male Human Warpriest 3

Dead Monkey

"Better not to let her eat this one," Faith says.

Eastern Shipwreck - Golden Bow

Faith looks at the quiver of arrows and ponders. "I have no idea if it's better to do the bow or the arrows. But it only lasts a minute, so I will hold off until it's almost too late."

He shrugs. "Gods are weird about that sort of thing."


Male Human Beast Rider/Dune Drifter 3
Faith Dagger wrote:
He shrugs. "Gods are weird about that sort of thing."

"One of the reasons I tend to leave them alone."

101 to 150 of 453 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shipwrecked and the Vaults of Madness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.