Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Shackles and the Vault

Game Master Mowque


901 to 950 of 951 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Queshem waves to Jilcup and motions him to go in the arena a little way and then come back out to see how the spirits react.

Is it possible to identify the spirits from here? Is the feeling of evil stronger from any particular location of the staidum? How big are the shiny rocks? Pebble sized?


They just look like the other spirits you have seen wandering the city, but in far greater numbers. The evil feeling seems to be coming from the far end, which is too hazy to really see clearly. The shiny rocks are small (pebble sized) but the piles are a few feet high each.

Jilcup swims in through the gate, and explores the arena. As he does so, Queshem hears a loud voice reverberate through the cold water.

'Who violates our resting place? There are no fish in this lake, druid. Your disguise is both foolish and useless." Queshem notes the voices uses Aquan, the language of the sea.

Jilcup pauses, pointing at the far end of the stadium. Nothing is visible, yet, but that could just be the distance in water.

You are still outside the gate


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Queshem motions Jilcup to stay with her and Rabbis and walks in the gate keeping her Detect Evil sense active rather than her Detect Magic He be with me, I be seeking the shiny pebbles on yer ground not fish. May I know who I be addressin? I be Queshem.


At the far end of the arena, barely visible, a humanoid figure stands alone. He is dressed in the tattered remains of arcane robes, the color long faded away to a dirty white. At this distance she can see little else but it is from him that the aura of evil emanates from.

'I am Gom-Tak, keeper of this sacred place. The burial ground of my people. Thieves are not welcome. I give you one chance to flee, Queshem of the living world. Heed it and bother me no more." The voice is magically magnified, like a roaring that fills the stadium. The restless spirits stir and writhe.


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Can Queshem tell what kind of being he is? How close is she to the closest piles of pebbles? Is it possible that Gom Tak is the one keeping the spirits bound to this plane?


He is humanoid of some type. I will have a map up tonight, but the piles of pebbles are scattered about. the closest one to him is probably, say...10 feet away? And indeed, it is possible or he may be trapped here as well...


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Queshem squints to try and make out Gom-Tak as she stops at the entrance. Speakin for meself if I'd been someplace for thousands of years with no one to talk to I'd be looking forward to some chin wag personally. That be a long time fer solitude. Is it by choice that ye stay here? her high pitched Aquan echoing around the desolate arena like the whalesong the language resembles.

In my head Aquan sounds likes whales now.


Works for me!

'You...you mock me?" While Queshem Aquan sounds like a porpoise or dolphin, Gom-Tak's voice has the deep bass of a humpback whale, low and strong. The water itself seems to vibrate with his power.

"I, who guard this place, who preserve the memory of the days before the Fall? How...How dare you!"

He strides forward a few paces, and Queshem can see long white hair floating around his head, but little else.

?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

The arena seems still and quiet otherwise.


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Queshem sighs and waves her hands in what she hopes translates as a placating gesture rather than some ancient insult.

No, I would not mock anyone of yer power and stature. I just seek to understand why anyone would choose to remain here rather than moving on beyond the veil. She gestures around her This be a place of great sadness and sorrow that be certain. I cannot imagine the disaster that befell your people.

Diplomacy Improve Relations: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Diplomacy Improve Relations: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Well those are terrible. Using first roll and one use of Blessed Correction


There is a thoughtful silence for a moment then Gom-Tak says, "You have seen the visions then?" he sounds more curious then anything else. "Sometimes one does not wish to leave the plane on which they were born, or does not have the choice." a short pause then, 'One should also not be alone like this. What better company then the spirits of your people, of your family? Together, forever."

Then his voice hardens, "I do not wish to bandy words with you, outsider. Begone now or I shall vent my wrath upon you. Unless you wish to join us?"

?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Queshem thinks she sees something moving along the wall of the stadium, between her and the speaking humanoid. She can't make out any details except it moves easily through the water.


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Queshem steps back to just outside the gate and motions Rabbis and Jilcup back as well.

There I have left yer building. But I would still speak with ye.

She says as she shakes her head.

Whatever these specters be, they be a poor substitute fer yer people and yer family. They be not even ghosts. They be more like.... images... of what they were at the moment of their passing. I lost me family too when I was young. I saw many of them die. I praise Abadar that they be actually dead. I would no wish them to be trapped at the moment of their death, screaming at the blade of bloodthirsty pirates forevermore. I would not wish that on me worst enemy. She motions at one of the spirits who seems to have been gagging and clawing at his throat How long has he been doing that? and then another whose eyes are wide open and mouth locked in an unending scream And how long has she been like that?

She crosses her arms and fixes the long dead arcane user with a raised eyebrow.

If ye do not wish to leave the lands of the living when dead then that be yer evil choice. But if ye cannot leave then maybe I can help. And yer people frozen in death had no choice in the matter either way. Have you no wondered what has made them this way? No wondered how to release them from their moment o agony?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

Using another Blessed Correction and second roll!

Also what be that swimming thing coming fer me?


The figure laughs then, harshly, "Your own power is lacking so you celebrate it? You fool. I have the power to halt death itself, and still the grasping hand of Pharasma! They will serve me as long as I see fit!"

Then a moment passes as he visibly gathers himself and says, "My companion?" he waves a hand and the creature comes into full view, a spiky mass of claws and pincers, swimming easily through the water. "I called him myself, out of the inky void....you shrink back? Are you so limited?"

"Come forward then, and see what you dare to command." Gom-Tak says, and Queshem can see him fling his arms wide, inviting her.

Map Here


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Kn:Religion? If it's an outsider to identify creature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

You keep 'em trapped to their moment of death just sos they can serve ye by keeping yer damned bones from being lonely? Queshem's sing song goes from a tone of incredulity to rage. Ye deserve to be a leader o' nothing

She switches to common and shouts to warble orders to Rabbis and Jilcup. Jilcup, spells on the bones to keep it from casting! Rabbis kill the fish!

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Queshem moves in as far as she can to close distance between herself and the insane ancient magician. Then she prays to Abadar to help her bring this abomination to Justice and readies an act to fire her crossbow at Gom-Tak if either he tries to cast a spell or if Jilcup manages to distract him somehow.

Actions so far. Move action to move directly towards magic user. Free action to give orders. Swift Action to activate Judgement of Justice for +2 to hit. Readied action to shoot at Gom-Tak

What is her move speed underwater anyway? The underwater crossbow has a range increment of 20 so Queshem is rushing in to make her attacks more likely to hit. Will take readied xbow roll when I know what the range penalties are. Also uh.. all this changes if Gom-Tak wins initative of course.


Note, Jilcup can't cast spell while being a fish. Also, I see no rules saying your movement is slow in still water if you are walking on the bottom. For ease, let's say you can move full distance[/ooc]

Queshem scans the nasty aquatic looking creature and it appears to her to be an eidolon of some type.

? Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Queshem suddenly lunge into action seems to throw the humanoid off balance, and both he and the spiny creature merely stand still while they begin attacking. Queshem gets the feeling he has some spell working in the back of his mind however.

Ok, I moved the three of you on the map. Jilcup and Rabbis can't attack this round, but you can if you wish?


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

No Natural Spell? Queshem might be having a word with Jilcup later. In any case I'm assuming his form is good at fighting then and he's mobile so her orders can be taken as him charging in to hit the wizard? Can he do a charging attack on Gom-Tak this round?

Eidolon? Queshem thinks to herself He's a summoner! Queshem shouts as the Common words warp and distort through the water.

What's her range increment penalty from where she is now? Sorry I'm not very good at roll20 when I'm at work.


Even charging the distance is too much for this round for Jilcup to get to him. This stadium is huge (almost like a vengeful god planned it).

Right now, you are 45 feet away and your range increment starts at 20 feet underwater. So you get a -2 to hit right now.

Also, I posted a link in discussion that may interest you


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

The link to the other Discussion? Posted in there just a bit ago :). Rambled again...

Charging into an evil underwater lair wasn't what Queshem had planning to do in Bag Island but here she was closing in on an ancient insanity staring it right in the face as it seemed to mumble some arcane incantation to hurl at her and her friends. She raises her xbow and muttering prayers to Abadar to steady herself readies herself to fire at Gom-Tak as soon as he tries to cast some spell.

Keeping with the readied action plan. Here's the readied shot.

Judgment of Justice Xbow with range increment: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Queshem's bolt, aided by the power of her lawful god, strikes true. Closer, she can see the humanoid figure is a man, but one long dead. His skin is like old yellowed parchment, covering sharp bone. Blue eyes glow int he water, powered by some necrotic energy within. The long hair floats around him, forming a type of rough halo around the shrunken head.

The bolt slams into his chest, penetrating some type of arcane shield. He reels back a bit, obviously surprised. Then he straightens and grins, revealing rows of black, stained teeth.

'I will enjoy having you as a servant."

He spreads his arms wide and there is a shimmer of arcane energy as some prepared summons comes into play. Suddenly three squid pop into view between Queshem's allies and the summoner. While normal sized, they seem quite eager to fight.

All three extrude a burst of black ink, totally concealing them from sight. The heavy liquid seems to float in the crystal clear water of the lake.

Marked on map

With a roar the spiny outsider suddenly dashes inward, swimming quickly. Still it doesn't quite get close enough to attack Queshem or Rabbis.

Your turn. Feel free to change orders to Rabbis and Jilcup


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Looking at roll20 it seems like the squids aren't providing cover to Gom-Tak from where Queshem is? Or are they?


They are not providing cover


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Seek not to be a Master of people, Seek to be a Leader Queshem spits at Gom-Tak in an Aquan keen quoting one of her favorite passages from The Manual of City Building as she prays to Abadar for the strength to bring down the monster in front of her.
Rapid Shot

Judgment Of Justice Xbow with range increment and bane: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 1 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 + (1, 6) = 18
Judgment Of Justice Xbow with range increment and bane: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 27
Damage: 1d10 + 1 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 + (5, 1) = 17

Then she waves to Jilcup and Rabbis in common. Engage the spiny monster. If ye can't get to it then take down one of the damn squids


Did you not want to move? I can move you on the map, if you wish?


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Maybe a 5 foot step back. She can't do Rapid Shot while moving. She's relying on Jilcup and Rabbis to keep the eidolon off her while she focuses on Gom-Tak. She wasn't able to disrupt his spell casting so it's pretty much straight damage that'll bring him down I figure


Queshem fires another shot, around the suddenly appearing squid and blotches of ink. Both of her bolts hit and the summoner staggers back, seriously wounded. She can see the fading robes are ripped and torn, revealing a torso covered with papery-thin skin stretched over long-dead muscle.

Rabbis rushes to the side, getting between the spiny outsider and Queshem. he unleashes a flurry of punches.

Flurry of Blows: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Flurry of Blows: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Both blows simply clatter off the heavily armored side of the eidolon.

Jilcup darts forward, huge barracuda mouth opening and revealing rows of sharp teeth. Like a wild fish he hits the squid hard, killing instantly.

'Insolence..." Gom-Tak mutters. He takes a few steps back and to the side and vanishes from Queshem's view behind a cloud of ink.

More gestures and another shimmer of summoning power. The two squids vanish into the ether, leaving the ink behind. Three more reappear. One in front of Jilcup, the others behind the ink.

The one by Jilcup lashes forward, trying to bite him.

Squid bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

It misses.

One of the others lets out a dark cloud of ink then shoots right at Queshem, trying to grapple her.

grapple Attempt: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

The tentacles wrap around her arms and legs, clinging tightly. While not very large, it does encumber the inquisitor.

The other squid moves toward Jilcup, trying to bite.

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

It just misses the druid's fishy tail, but it lets out a cloud of ink.

Then the spiny ediolon begins to move. Obeying the commands of its master, it ignores Rabbis and attacks the crossbow wielding Queshem.

Rabbis unleashes three attacks as it moves

Monk Punch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Monk Punch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Monk Punch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Only one blow lands and the creature is soon on the grappled woman. A sharp beaky maw opens and it lunges at Queshem, trying to bite her.

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

the sharp mouth slices into her shoulder and her own red blood stains the clear, still water around her.

You are up. you are grappled


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Rabbis, can ye just shift over here to kill this damn squid please Queshem requests through gritted teeth trying to track where her wounded target disappeared to.


Rabbis nods, and moves through the water at Queshem's grappler. With a single blow he kills the entangling squid easily, then turns on the sping outsider.

Monk Punch!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Monk Punch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

The former slave seems to have got the measure of the beast now and manages to land his blows.

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

It doesn't seem to do much damage to the hard carapace.

You can go, and Jilcup will go after, THEN the bad guy's turn.
You are not grappled but moving away will provoke an AoO from the eidolon.


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Thanks!

Free again Queshem pushes away from the eidolon with a suprisingly deft twirl through the swirling tendrils of her own blood. She keeps her crossbow up and as soon as she sees Gom-Tak closes in on him to fire from as close as possible.

Basically she's moving in a diagonal to try and get Gom-Tak in view and as soon as she sees him she'll spend the remaining move distance in moving straight towards him to get in closer range.

Acrobatics to avoid AOO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Judgment Of Justice Xbow with bane: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 30

add -2 for range increment if she doesn't get close enough.. though I think that's okay :) Lucky number 18!

Damage: 1d10 + 1 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 2 + (1, 5) = 19

Compliments of a TRUE Master ye dead and limpid barnacle! The Master of the Vault! she shouts in Aquan as she sees the bolt strike home.

Ignore the damn squids fer now Jilcup. Close in on the monster! Queshem yells out an order to the druid.


I don't see any place to get a visual on him unless you run all the way around the outsider. Also, by using Acrobatics, that halves your speed. So 15 feet, which makes it impossible for you to get a bead on the summoner through the ink. Unless you see something I don't?


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Ah didn't know about the Acrobatics halving speed. She's intent on ending the threat of the big bad so she'll accept the AOO rather than reduce speed. Can't she just head straight North 30 feet or something to get past the ink or something like that?


I didn't either, I was just looking it up to see what the DC was and saw that. Surprised me as well! *looks at map* even if you go north 30 feet he'll still get at least partial cover from ink clouds


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

How about from Queshem's starting position:

N 5 feet
NE 10 feet
NE 20 feet
NE 25 feet
N 30 feet

Not too metagamey hopefully. Hard not to go into tactical mode when looking at a map


I like it when players go into tactical mode. Shows I made a good combat. Yes, that works, if you are willing to take the AoO's from the big nasty creature. Due to the pile of rocks, I'll give him partial cover (+4 to AC). Sound ok to you? Want me to move you? I'll use your attack rolls from above, of course.


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Yes please


Queshem moves, basically ignoring the roaring, spiny creature besides her, knowing the true enemy is the summoner.

As she runs the beast snaps at her.

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The bite adds a new slash on her shoulder, as more of her red blood swirls into the water. It doesn't even slower he down as she sprints around the ink and lines up a shot at the summoner.

With ease she avoids the pile of skymetal and her bolt hits the evil caster hard, punching a hole in his undead torso. He reels, and Queshem has a feeling he is close to destruction. His undead muscles sag, and the glowing eyes flicker.

Even as he stumbles Jilcup surges forward, ignoring the attacks from the two squid.

Bite AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Bite AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Both miss and Jilcup closes, teeth gnashing.

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The bite misses though, as the summoner just manages to dodge.

Bad Guys turn

Gom-Tak simply flees, trying to get out of melee ranged with the barracuda. As he runs the druid snaps at him.

Jilcup AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Again, his teeth miss the figure.

With some distance the undead pulls out an old scroll, weathered and beaten by long ages int he water. Queshem suspect only the innate magic has kept it around this long. Using it the summoner fades from sight. Unlike on land however, being invisible doesn't hide him totally. The water leaves an outline of the undead and she still knows where he is.

Invisibility: An invisible creature displaces water and leaves a visible, body-shaped “bubble” where the water was displaced. The creature still has concealment (20% miss chance), but not total concealment (50% miss chance)

One of the squid darts up and attacks Jilcup, letting loose a cloud of ink as it does so.

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The hard beak finds purchase and slices a small gash on the druid.

The other moves toward Queshem, trying to grapple her.

grapple: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

It succeeds, and again she is wrapped up in this creatures embrace.

You are grappled

Behind her she hears the snarling of the ediolon. Again, it moves toward her, ignoring the monk, driven by the commands of Gom-Tak, desperate to stop her.

Rabbis AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

The monk's wild kick misses entirely as it surges at the grappled Queshem.

Eidolon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Eidolon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Both of the claws miss however, Queshem being a rather small and wily target.

You are up and still grappled. Lucky that thing rolled badly!


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Jilcup! After him again! Rabbis! Another squid for ye! Queshem shouts another round of orders.

Again, Queshem's acts depend on what her allies can do.


As before she calls out to Rabbis to help free her from a squid's embrace. The monk runs through ink and kicks up sand as he darts forward. One firm kick kills the squid. He turns on the outsider and summons one mighty punch, hoping to stun the creature.

Stunning Fist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

He fails, and his punch is a glancing blow.

Jilcup swims toward the summoner, taking a bite from a squid.

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

It knicks him and more blood streams out of the barracuda's side.

He tries to bite the barely visible summoner.

20% Miss Chance, high is bad: 1d100 ⇒ 94

The bite goes wide.

You are up, then baddies. You are not grappled. You have a 20% miss against the summoner. Note, you are getting fairly far away.


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Once again Rabbis comes to Queshem's rescue and, with a nod, Queshem takes off in pursuit of the real target. Ignoring what the eidolon might try to do to her Queshem closes in on the weirdly displaced water where Jilcup is trying to bring the undead monster down.

Judgment Of Justice Xbow with range increment and bane: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 1 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 + (4, 2) = 17

Coming in as close as she can Queshem reloads yet another bolt into her crossbow and hefts it with a practiced motion, still quick even in the cold dead water of the lake and aims and fires.

Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 34

An end to this mockery of society Gom-Tak. Yer scales will be balanced and the Lady of the Graves will get her due!

Moved on roll20 over the weekend


Queshem is a wizard with a crossbow. Also, that 'your scales are balanced' was pretty bad-ass! Awesome!

Queshem pauses, taking in a deep, slow breath of the cold water. Ignoring the roars of the ediolon, the rushing water, even her own swirling blood she raises the crossbow and aims directly at the undead's head.

Even as her final judgement sounds, the bolt slices through the clear water and embeds itself into the skull of Gom-Tak. The head explodes in a shower of bone and old skin, light with a pale blue fire. Instantly the body crumbles and is wafted away in the water.

Behind her the edilon roars, not in frustration but in exultation, as it is freed and vanishes. The squid blink out of existence as well.

Queshem hears a rising cry of joy and turns, spotting the spirits and ghosts around her. The ones in pain have stopped writhing, stopped burning. All look at peace for a long moment then slowly shimmer, all of them at once, hundreds of them vanishing. Finally freed of this place, she sees them smile and embrace each other as they slowly pass out of this realm.

For a moment all is still and peaceful.

Then there is a low, growing rumble. The vast stones of the stadium begin to crack and slide, the magics binding them falling away....

"We'll be crushed!" Rabbis shouts.

All around the walls are slowly caving in, and it sounds like the rest of the city is following suit.


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Thanks, wanted to figure out a way that an Abadaran would express a pretty Pharsman sentiment. Glad you liked it. Um, what do you think happens to a handy haversack when it's opened underwater? Queshem wants to shovel as many of them in as she can into the one she has as she runs for the exit


Interesting question that has no official answer so GM call! I'll say everything in the bag will get thoroughly wet when you open it but the water won't count towards weight or anything. (I saw one GM that said it should fill with water and explode under the pressure, cruel!). Also, Rabbis has a lead-lined bag for skymetals, Draflo said, unsure, that she was worried there might be weird side effects of having this stuff in normal bags. That said, she was being very cautious, as is her character.


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Nothing in her bag that would be damaged by water!

Queshem rapidly motions to Jilcup to retreat and to Rabbis Get to the pile south of ye and shovel as much as ye can in then get out! Safety first!

Queshem angles as fast as she can to the pile of metal pebbles to her right as she faces the exit and, opening her handy haversack scoops as many of the pebbles as she can into her trusty bag. Then she breaks into a full run to get out of the crumbling arena waving her allies on as well.

Spending one move action at the pile to get as many as she can in and the rest of it is go go go!


Queshem pauses to scoop some handfuls of the precious stones into her haversack, and she sees Rabbis doing the same. Jilcup shoots off, swimming above the crumbling stone.

Pushing things as close as she can, Queshem stands up and takes off into the water. Huge rocks tumble next to her, filling the once clear water with hazy clouds of dust and sand. It is hard to find her way int he suddenly swirling, shifting environment of sliding stone and grumbling earth.

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

In her haste she misses two large rocks grinding together fall onto her.

Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 5) = 10

They hit her hard, scraping off flesh and adding to the blood in the water. More rocks come bounding at her, pushing a wave of forthing water ahead of it.

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

This time she is ready and dodges them, managing to get out of the crumbling stadium. She doesn't see Rabbis outside, just Jilcup, swimming above the fray.

The mud obscuring her view, she worries for a second but then sees Rabbis emerge from the mess of falling stones. He meets up with her, still clutching his bag, bulging with stones.

He points up and out of the city.


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

The falling rocks hurt her as much as anything the ancient necromancer had managed to do. Queshem isn't sure how to feel about that as her ringing head clears. She nods at Rabbis and takes off in as much of a full run as she can manage out and away from the rapidly disintegrating city as the weight of millenia crushes the metropolis out of existence in seconds.


Nice turn of phrase

Together the trio mange to leave the fallen city behind them, it sending vast clouds of mud to the surface.

Queshem Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Looking forward to the surface, Queshem ignores the cold water as they hurry back. They clamber over rocks and sandy hillocks, rising, slowly rising. All the old walls and building are crumbled away now and there is no sign of the spirits.

Queshem feels a weird radiance from the bag containing the skymetals. It seems to play with her perceptions of time a bit. A jagged rock that seems distant will suddenly seem to be upon her or a quick jump over a sand dune takes ages. Rabbis seems unaffected by his.

Just as they see the surface of the water the spells starts to fade, and Queshem and Rabbis have to hurry. Soon though they break the surface of the lake, taking deep breathes of cool, jungle air. The sun is still shining, and the mist seems to be breaking up.

Draflo and Polos are on the shore, a small fire near them. They looked tired and worried, but break into smiles as they spot them.

"How did it go?" Polos shouts to them, helping them out of the shallow water. Nearby Jilcup transforms back into his halfling form, staff in hand.


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Well ye know... Queshem shakes her head wearily Go down into a freezin' lake, kill an ancient insane necromancer, come back with a sackful of star metals.. I'm just glad we ain't dead to be perfectly honest. And the day ain't even done yet. Ye two alright? Queshem casts Cure Light wounds on herself before taking out her wand and seeing if anybody else needs healing. She is incredibly glad to not be breathing in cold water anymore and the warmth of the sun is enough to have her considering giving a tithe to Sarenrae next time she sees a temple of the sun goddess. Pharasma too.

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Healing done she grows serious. I struck a deal and I'm thinking it's time to pay up. In exchange for us not being attacked while split I promised the fungus one third of what we retrieved. I have no idea what'll happen when the deal is concluded so I want ye all to be ready fer anything. Meanwhile. Let's start makin' two piles of these things. They do... strange things to time I think


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Another cast of her own spell on herself

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Even as she speaks there is a moment where the mist seems to freeze in place, the gentle breeze (fresh and quickening) stops. Then everything is back to normal but Polos frowns, "Are you ok? You seemed to speak really fast for a moment. You said something about time?"

Both spells are cast

Queshem and Rabbis start making piles of the stone, laying them on the pale sand. Just touching them feels odd, and they seem to sit oddly on the beach. Inside her bag Queshem notes that her alchemist's fire seem oddly..jellied? As if they had sat on a shelf undisturbed for many, many years.

Both bottles are inert and useless

Jilcup keeps watch and adds, "Good wind rising. Smells of life."

Then, out of the shadows of the dead trees, two strange figures emerge. One is the weird brain-shaped cerebic fungus, walking on four twisted, red legs. The other is a hulking undead orc, wrapped in tattred furs and baring a huge (sheathed) blade. Red eyes glint from the massive skull.

Trotting up as if this was a perfectly normal day the fungus comes fairly close and then telepathly speaks to them all. The voice is that same curious painful feeling in the back of the skull.

"Greetings. I see you were successful." There is a note of disappointment. "Your activities seem to have upset the necrotic energies int he area. It will soon pass and the jungle shall reclaim it."

A definite sigh, "A shame, my research was not yet complete but such are the perils of research. And besides, I do receive something of value. One third of your skymetals was the deal, yes?" The orc pulls out a heavy bag, and Queshem sees it is crudely but effectively lead-lined.


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Is the fungus going to keep his end of the deal? Sense Motive

Queshem nods Quite a lot of value I think. More than a fair bargain I think. The necromancer at the bottom of the lake was guarding the pebbles.

Bluff Not going to turn monster hunter when the deal is concluded and you're moving away at all.: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


It is hard to read a creature with no face and communicates via the mind, but as far as Queshem can tell, the fungus intends to keep its word.

"A bargain you struck, and I kept in good faith. Your friends are unharmed are they not? So, please, give me the skymetals I was promised. It will help salve my loss of this quite interesting environment."

The hulking orc takes a step forward, holding the bag wide. It reeks of death and corruption.


LG Female Human (Bonuwat) Inquisitor of Abadar/Reformation 5 | HP: 30/38 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 16 Ff) | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Judgement 1/2 | Bane 4/5 | Blessed Correction 1/3 | Active Conditions: Judgement of Justice, Bane

Small Pile's yers. Now if ye don't mind we're going to back away some. Living don't like being close to undead as a rule.

How fast does the undead orc seem?

901 to 950 of 951 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shackles and the Vault- Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.