Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Seer's Journey - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

A young refugee girl, blessed by the gods with foresight, is accompanied by six warriors to one of the most dangerous places in the world, where a great hero will die.


351 to 400 of 4,264 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

I say a couple of us slip out the back, walk around and ambush anybody lying in wait for us, Kelne suggested bluntly. He could envisage the pair of Wolfguard lurking to either side of the door and really wasn't feeling all that kindly disposed towards them. As far as the other one goes, I really don't see any way of avoiding him if he wants to start something.


Male Human (Bennelad) Oracle 7

Or if nothign else some of us go into the alley, one of us goes out front and leads them to the alley and we ambush them there. I can't imagine they want to draw gendarme attention. This is a major city, not the frontier after all.

Tanel finishes his second cup of coffee with loud sigh of contentment.
'That was just what I needed!' He announces cheerfully, 'Cleared my head right up!'

Make it look Tanel just wants to talk coffee to strangers!

He then turns to looks at Karthan with a smile and winks at Cassandra.
I've no powers of stealth or speed in truth, I'm as fast as any many and well able to handle myself, and I have some magic at my disposal, including the ability to call fog. I would keep the girl as safe as I could. Perhaps though, you and our stealthy brother, the Shadowman here, are best set to keep her inconspicously safe. You'll look like her uncle, and he won't be seen.

Should we agree to meet at the gates at the 8th hour tomorrow? LEt's delegate various tasks. Who goes to the library? Who gets horses? And trail rations and tents, etc.?


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

The news that the enemy from his past radiated evil was no surprise to Jorzan, yet even he was taken aback a bit by Justahl's reaction to the intensity of it. Belatedly he also finally connected to other two sources of evil with the two burly warriors he had noticed earlier. Voicing his thoughts in the message he says: 'I could have told you that that man was evil, as I am sure he co-conspired with my..creator...in the darkest sorts of arcane rituals and practices possible.' Turning slightly to Karthan he continues 'I am, as is my practice, ready to depart on a moments notice. "Never be attached to anything you can't leave in 30 seconds" one of my mentors used to say' the young man smiles, but then his gaze falls on Cassandra and his smile falters.

Frowning and taking a breath he continues, his words this time directed more towards Kelne 'Although I am not in possession of a mount myself, they should not be too hard to procure for any who need one (K (local):1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28) in fact I know of an excellent place where I can can a discount, due to past, ah, services rendered. Kelne, although normally I would say it stretched the imagination, with the events of this day I'm willing to say that almost nothing is impossible. Could it be that both parties from our past are somehow connected? Regardless, although Cassandra's protection is my highest concern, I cannot let this man leave without knowing more of him. His kind preys on the innocent and weak and I cannot stand the idea of simply leaving him to continue his path of evil.'

Thinking for a moment the young Shadowdancer finishes ' Perhaps we could exchange foes? You follow the man from my past and I take care of the ones from yours? Then the others could make way to the Library with Cassandra, or some split to get supplies, and then could all meet up with later? What say you all to this idea?'

EDIT: Sorry, hadn't seen your post Tanel before I made this one. Edited it slightly but don't have time to redo it


Here is the current layout. 5' squares. Let me know if you've questions, hopefully the key in the upper-left corner will help. The figures in the road are Kelne's "friends," as indicated by Justahl's spell. The fellow at the single table is, of course, the one Jorzan's concerned about. Pyotr would be behind the L-shaped counter.


Male Human (Bennelad) Oracle 7
DM Downrightamazed wrote:
Here is the current layout. 5' squares. Let me know if you've questions, hopefully the key in the upper-left corner will help. The figures in the road are Kelne's "friends," as indicated by Justahl's spell. The fellow at the single table is, of course, the one Jorzan's concerned about. Pyotr would be behind the L-shaped counter.

Nice google mapping! I'm just getting the hang of that myself. Tanel will be happy to be in Cassandra's honor guard if the party splits to fight the watchers. Browse my char sheet, because he'll over magic to people first. If you want any buffs you shall receive!


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

"If we leave by the back door, will they pursue think ye? To a place less problematic for bystanders?"


Tanel Eppun wrote:
DM Downrightamazed wrote:
Here is the current layout. 5' squares. Let me know if you've questions, hopefully the key in the upper-left corner will help. The figures in the road are Kelne's "friends," as indicated by Justahl's spell. The fellow at the single table is, of course, the one Jorzan's concerned about. Pyotr would be behind the L-shaped counter.
Nice google mapping! I'm just getting the hang of that myself.

Thanks! I admit I totally stole the idea from DM Barcas. :-p But yeah, it's really handy since it can publish to a web page, PDF, etc. if people have trouble viewing it as a spreadsheet. Works out nicely. :-)


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

"I'm happy to take things outside, but I'd rather take the initiative than wait for them to," Kelne said, standing, "Who's coming?"


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

'Here's my idea. Allow me to leave first. Then through stealth, I shall take care of those outside waiting for you Kelne. The others can then leave through the back while you, Kelne, watch to see what the one from my past does. Or, if need be, rush out front to lend me aid. Does this work for all? And we then all meet at the gates at the 8th hour? The only thing I am in need of is a mount, which can be found here...(Jorzan gives the location)..ask for Dalan. Say that I sent you but, ah, please make it Very clear at the outset that you are there for mounts, nothing else.' Then, looking from Cassandra to Karthan and the others he adds as a last 'Please keep her safe.'

If none protest Jorzan wraps the shadows around him and makes his silent hidden way out the back to sneak up on the southern most warrior. Attacking him if possible
Stealth:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Attack with Drow poison on blade Fort DC13
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Plus Sneak Attack Damage vs Flat Footed:3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 6) = 14
Initiative:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

I realize that this plan does not give everyone equal combat opportunities at the moment, yet, tactically, and given we wish to cause as little harm and notice to and from innocent bystanders, this plan makes the most sense to me. At the same time though I'm fully aware that there may be an even better plan and am happy to hear and abide by it if all prefer that one. This is just the best one that I can think of at the moment. Also, I'm sure there will be no shortage of further combat opps for all as we progress ; )

If this plan is not in place, than ignore the above, as I'm just trying to save time with my limited net access. Also, Tanel, regarding buffs, while they are most welcome and while we as players can access your sheet, our characters cannot, so makes it kinda difficult to properly RP their asking for buffs. Maybe if your PC offered specific ones? Just an idea/suggestion. If there are any buffs granted, perhaps it could be retroactively added to Jorzan's MISERABLE attack roll? :P


Jorzan gets up and heads out the back door. If the odd, stiff fellow (At Q11) from the Shadowdancer's past notices, he does nothing to indicate so.

Jorzan:
As you get up and walk out the back door, you are brought up short as you see another man, clad in armor and furs identical to the two Kelne pointed out in the coffeeshop, waiting outside. This brings the total to three of these guys in the immediate vicinity. He is lurking on the other side of the alley watching the door. He does not appear to be making any effort to conceal himself.

Wreathed in shadow as you are, he does not see you.

Here is his location, and yours.

Are you still heading to the alley south of the building, to sneak up on that guy in M15?


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

DM

Spoiler:

Ah, sneaky! lol. Tough choice but, no, if Jorzan spies a new foe he will take care of that one first, the one at AE2. If that warrants a new attack roll and etc. please feel free to roll it for him.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

"My orders are very clear; to guard and escort Cassandra. Thus, I will stay with her. But if they come to me, I can offer all the Smiting they no doubt richly deserve. I will agree to your proposal Master Jorzan."
Sir Justahl will wait for the suitable moment before escorting Cassandra out the back.


Male Half-Orc Sorcerer, 8th, Brass Draconic Bloodine

Karthan pays for the coffee's round the table, dabs at Cassandra's mouth, and taps the Amulet of Ventriloquism, sending his voice into the basement. He casts Detect Magic and looks at the man from Jorzan's past for a few seconds, while he fusses with his 'niece', much like any concerned parental unit would when confronted with something so odd.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 Spellcraft to identify any spells on the man, to pass on to Kelne. Results like that would give auras of magical schools in most cases.

Making a show of straightening Cassandra's sun dress, he says "We have to get you something more appropriate." He then casts Ghost Sound emanating from around the corner from AC14, making the sound sound like someone running down the alley in heavy armor, tripping over debris, and cursing in a voice that sounds sort of like Kelne's.

Through the message spell, he says to Jorzan, "I'm trying to draw them off towards the south side of the building. Anyone watching the back door?"

Assume that any information on spells I glean I pass on the Kelne and Justahl.


Jorzan:
No worries, I'll use the rolls you gave me. :-)

You move up behind the man and drive your blade into his back, but it is turned aside by impossibly tough armor. Immediately he spins around, a lethal gleam in his eyes. You have met men like this before; he is no mere sellsword or mercenary. This is an assassin, who revels in dealing death. "Now son, are you trying to poison me with that thing? You're not who I came for, but I sure don't mind a warm-up fight." With that his kukri flies into his hands and he dives at you, his face hard and grim.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Round 1, Initiative 17
Swift Action: Quickdraw feat
Full-Attack Action: two attacks
Attack #1 - 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Attack #2 - Disarm Attempt: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
You get an attack of opportunity on that!

You deftly sidestep his first swing with the kukri, the wickedly sharp blade whistling mere inches from your throat. He attempts to take advantage of your movement to knock your poisoned blade out of your hands, but he misjudged your strength and you easily hang on to your blade.

Your turn. Fight!


Everyone at the table:

DC10 Perception:
You hear the sound of fighting coming from the alley, where Jorzan went.

After briefly focusing on the strange man alone at his table, the one that had Jorzan agitated, Karthan tells you that the guy has an overwhelming aura of illusion and glamer about his person.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

oops! Forgot message has a range!

As Jorzan spied the third warrior out back he sent the message:'There's another one out here, but I'll take care of him'
As the Assassin nature is revealed the quickly whispered message is heard by his companions 'Ugh! This may be a bit more difficult than I thought..'

His first attack not making it through, Jorzan's agile strength and quick reflexes save him as he silently counter attacks, his breath saved for his effort
I think/hope I'm doing this right, Combat Reflexes says he should get Four AoO's, yes?

Attack & Damage1:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Attack & Damage2:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Attack & Damage3:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Attack & Damage4:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 241d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Attack3 Crit roll: Attack & Damage1:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Are the others in Combat Rounds yet? If not...
He then moves and tries to wrap the Shadows around him before attack again
Stealth move from AE3 to AE1:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Attack & Damage1:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 271d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Plus sneak if appropriate:3d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 2) = 11
Plus crit roll:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 251d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


DM Only:
Will save:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Jorzan:
You're right about Combat Reflexes, and you are the only one in combat right now.
Slashing quickly at the enemy, you are able to draw blood from three deep cuts. He grunts but does not slow down, the poison appears to have no effect.

As you vanish into the inky shadows of Stormfare, the assassin looks steadily around. He is not panicked by your disappearance, only focused. Suddenly there is an enormous clatter from the west end of the alley, as of someone in armor tripping and making a huge noise. There is a voice, and you realize that a fourth enemy combatant waits there.
"There's an enemy here, but I can't see him! Show yourself!" says this new assassin. This is the guy in AB15. Note new positions on map. Your opponent does not move, and you hear no footsteps to indicate anyone else is either. These are disciplined fighting men, apparently, not so easily susceptible to trickery.

You spring out at your enemy, blades flashing. Again you land a serious hit, gouging him deep across the shoulder, slicing off a piece of his bearskin cape. Bearing down, the enemy ignores his wounds and presses the attack, yelling to the confused assassin in the alley as he does so: "Forget about it! Get your arse over here and help me kill this one, I want him dead on the cobblestones NOW! We have bigger dragons to slay!"

Initiative for guy in alley: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Round 2, Initiative 27
Full Move Action to AE-5

Round 2, Initiative 17
Full-Attack Action: two attacks
Attack #1 - 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Attack #2 - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Confirm Critical on Attack #1:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 (multiplying times 2 for crit)
Total Damage: 12 points

The assassin swings, and this time his lethally sharp Kukri gouges your arm, gashing deep into the muscle.

Your turn, fight!


Male Half-Orc Sorcerer, 8th, Brass Draconic Bloodine

You may only make one AoO per target - if you have multiple AoOs, you can make them against multiple targets, but cannot take all of them on the same target.

When a weapon scores a critical, ALL of the damage (not just the die roll) is multiplied.

Karthan hears the clatter outside.

Through the message spell, he tells Pyotr to find a safe place, but there's an ambush happening.

Have either of the men up front moved from the front door?

Karthan will cast Resistance on Cassandra, and then himself, and will mentally tally his spells used for the day I have 3 second level spells and 4 1st level spells left and start thinking about how to best use them.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

"Perhaps the one inside is waiting for the girl to move. Lets see then..."
Leaning down to the girl he says; "We're going to move now; whatever happens, do not fear. Your guardians are with you."
We'll stand up and saunter over to and through the back door.

Does the sitting man react?


Karthan Zhosk wrote:
You may only make one AoO per target - if you have multiple AoOs, you can make them against multiple targets, but cannot take all of them on the same target.

Ah! Thank you for the clarification. I will adjust damage on that target as appropriate.

Karthan Zhosk wrote:
When a weapon scores a critical, ALL of the damage (not just the die roll) is multiplied.

Yeah, I was going by an old house rule that I'd played under where only dice were multiplied. Force of habit. Jorzan, you're at 12 damage, not 9.

Karthan Zhosk wrote:
Have either of the men up front moved from the front door?

Neither man has moved, as far as you can see.


Male Half-Orc Sorcerer, 8th, Brass Draconic Bloodine

Through the message spell, Karthan asks Jorzan, If you need an assist, try to maneuver your opponent's back to the door of the cafe. Let me know when you have it. I'll open the door remotely and have our quiet friend with a bow lay out some fire.

This will require Agon to wake up, or for DM to run him. Karthan will use mage hand to open the back door on Jorzan's signal so that Agon can attack someone from behind, and sans Dex bonus.


Karthan Zhosk wrote:

Through the message spell, Karthan asks Jorzan, If you need an assist, try to maneuver your opponent's back to the door of the cafe. Let me know when you have it. I'll open the door remotely and have our quiet friend with a bow lay out some fire.

This will require Agon to wake up, or for DM to run him. Karthan will use mage hand to open the back door on Jorzan's signal so that Agon can attack someone from behind, and sans Dex bonus.

Yeah, dunno what happened with Agon, hope he's alright. I left another message in the OOC thread, but if I've still no activity after this weekend, I'll plug in a replacement. After proper warning, of course. I'll play him for the time being. Reckon we'll wait for Jorzan to get back to you, anyway, though. Go ahead and roll initiative.

Initiative for Agon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Aight, Jorzan is next, then we start a new round and you and Agon can get plugged in. Obviously he will hold his action until you do your thing with the door.


Male Half-Orc Sorcerer, 8th, Brass Draconic Bloodine

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Karthan Initiative


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Damn! Crits on a 15! Ouch! But about Combat Reflexes, not to say you are wrong, but looking here I don't see anything about not being able to use them all on one target. Does it say this somewhere else?

'S#%t! There's two of them out here, I'm sure I can take them but we're in a hurry, so let's go with your plan K-man, except I'll open the door myself. Agon move to the doorway and fire on my signal'

Acrobactics:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Using his training and superior dexterity to dive and roll into position the shadowdancer calls on the power of one of his magic devices to open the door the moment his foes move into position and then swirls into the shadows once again.
Stealth1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

When ready he whisper/yells 'Now! as he opens the door.
Actions:
Acrobactics to AD2, hiding then AE3. Readying his action for Agon's turn if necessary?
Use Hand of the Mage to open door

Actually, I don't think they'll have tomove at all. If Agon moves to AB4 just as Jorzan is opening the door he should be able to target either one of them. Also DRA, do you want me to spoiler my replies when no one else is there? Finally, Tanel hasn't had a chance to reply yet as things have moved swiftly along. Would it be fair to say he had a chance to cast, say, Bless on us all before Jorzan left, should he have chosen to do something like that?


Jorzan wrote:

Damn! Crits on a 15! Ouch! But about Combat Reflexes, not to say you are wrong, but looking here I don't see anything about not being able to use them all on one target. Does it say this somewhere else?

No, Karthan is right. It's in the Combat chapter. From RAW:

Quote:
Combat Reflexes and Additional Attacks of Opportunity: If you have the Combat Reflexes feat, you can add your Dexterity modifier to the number of attacks of opportunity you can make in a round. This feat does not let you make more than one attack for a given opportunity, but if the same opponent provokes two attacks of opportunity from you, you could make two separate attacks of opportunity (since each one represents a different opportunity).

(Emphasis mine). So basically, in normal circumstances, if three guys all did AoO-worthy things around you, or one guy did two CMB attempts, you would still just get one AoO. BUT! With Combat Reflexes, you could make multiples, but still just one per AoO-worthy activity. So yeah. Sorry, man.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6
DM Downrightamazed wrote:
Jorzan wrote:

Damn! Crits on a 15! Ouch! But about Combat Reflexes, not to say you are wrong, but looking here I don't see anything about not being able to use them all on one target. Does it say this somewhere else?

No, Karthan is right. It's in the Combat chapter. From RAW:

Quote:
Combat Reflexes and Additional Attacks of Opportunity: If you have the Combat Reflexes feat, you can add your Dexterity modifier to the number of attacks of opportunity you can make in a round. This feat does not let you make more than one attack for a given opportunity, but if the same opponent provokes two attacks of opportunity from you, you could make two separate attacks of opportunity (since each one represents a different opportunity).
(Emphasis mine). So basically, in normal circumstances, if three guys all did AoO-worthy things around you, or one guy did two CMB attempts, you would still just get one AoO. BUT! With Combat Reflexes, you could make multiples, but still just one per AoO-worthy activity. So yeah. Sorry, man.

No worries, them's tha rules. Doesn't make the feat quite as awesome as it was sounding to me ; ) but I'm sure it will still come in handy at times. PS added a bit to the last post you may not have seen...?


Jorzan wrote:


When ready he whisper/yells 'Now! as he opens the door.
Actions:
Acrobactics to AD2, hiding then AE3. Readying his action for Agon's turn if necessary?
Use Hand of the Mage to open door

That's going to be your whole turn this round, I reckon, yeah? The two skill checks and the retrieval and use of a magic device is at least two move actions. :-)

Jorzan wrote:


Also DRA, do you want me to spoiler my replies when no one else is there? Finally, Tanel hasn't had a chance to reply yet as things have moved swiftly along. Would it be fair to say he had a chance to cast, say, Bless on us all before Jorzan left, should he have chosen to do something like that?

Re: spoilering replies when others don't know what's happening -- In the future, yeah, that's my preference, but don't sweat it now, we'll just play this out. It's all good. :-) Also, as for buffs, etc., well, this is how it went down, so this is how it's goin' down. :-D

As for Agon's activities, remember he and Karthan get plugged into this upcoming round, so here we go...


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Things having apparently gone for the worse for Jorzan, Kelne got up, bringing his sword to hand. For now, he avoided getting in anybody's way at the rear door, waiting until things had sorted themselves out. There was still the shining evil man to watch out for, after all.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Holding any other actions for now.


Round 3
Wolfguardsman: Initiative 27
Opposed Perception check:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Action: Charge Jorzan
Attack: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The new Wolfguardsman catches the flicker of shadow that is Jorzan as he dives by the door, flinging it open with a magic item. "He's there! He's opening the door! Get him!" He rushes Jorzan, catching him across his leg, slicing his flesh.

Agon, Initiative 23
Swift Action: Stand up
Move Action: Draw bow
Standard Action: Shoot at enemy in AD-3
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Agon stands up, leaning over Tanel with a curt "'scuse me," and fires out the now-open door. Unfortunately, even a monk so skilled as he can't quite hit at this insane angle, and with all these obstacles. The arrow clatters against the brick walls outside.

Wolfguardsman: Initiative 17
5' Step to AD-2
SA: Attack Jorzan
Attack: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The Wolfguardsmen that Jorzan initially attacked spots him as he's defending himself and rejoins the battle. "I see you, son, don't worry. It'll all be over soon, you little freak." His kukri finds its mark again, doing more damage to the slender Shadowdancer. Seeing Agon's arrow rocket past, he shouts: "They're on to us! Attack!" He then lets out a piercing whistle.

10 points damage total on Jorzan this round. It is Karthan's turn. I'm going to roll initiative for everyone else just to keep things moving. Next round, we're going in initiative order.
Tanel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Justahl: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Other Wolfguards: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
SO! Initiative order is:
Wolfguard @27
Agon @23
Wolfguards @23
Wolfguard @17
Kelne @14
Justahl @11
Tanel @8
Karthan @7
Let Karthan finish this next turn, then everyone's fighting when we cycle around. Karthan? You're up, sir. The door plan has not gone according to...er, plan.

Updated Map


Male Half-Orc Sorcerer, 8th, Brass Draconic Bloodine

Karthan will let fly a Flaming Magic Missile at the attacker closest to Jorzan. (Full round cast). His 5' step will be to put himself between Cassandra and the rear door.

1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Missile 1 [fire]
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Missile 2 [fire]
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Missile 3 [fire]

(Each missile is rolled individually, in case he's got Resist Energy [fire] up.)


The Wolfguardsman in front of Jorzan, the newcomer from the alley, gets hammered by Karthan's magic missiles. Grunting in pain with each hit he hisses "I'm going to slaughter their mage." and prepares to head through the door.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Way too close to the kid.
Sir Justahl moves to X8, draws his sword.


Round 4! This is an all-skate. :-)
Wolfguardsman: Initiative 27
Action: Full move into Pyotr's, getting in Karthan's face


Agon, Initiative 23
5' step
Full-Attack Action: Flurry of arrows at guy who came in the door, using Deadly Aim.
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Wolfguardsmen: Initiative 23
Action: Full move into Pyotr's

Wolfguardsman: Initiative 17
Full-Attack Action: Attack Jorzan
Attack #1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Attack #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The wolfguardsman who just got hit by three flaming magic missiles charges in the door, his eyes sweeping the place. Karthan, in disguise, doesn't immediately catch his attention, but then his eyes fall on Cassandra, sitting wide-eyed and terrified in her chair, and he walks slowly up until he is right in Karthan's face. "Give me the girl, old man, and I let you live."

Agon takes a step to the side, his hands are glowing with Ki energy. "You will not touch the girl!" he intones, and lets loose a volley of arrows. The warrior is fast, though, and is able to dodge two of them, the third lodging solidly into his shoulder with a wet *THUNKCH*

Suddenly the front door blasts open and the two Wolfguardsmen who were outside rush in and position themselves between all of you and the door. One of them (Q-7 on the map) looks at Kelne, who is standing at the ready with his sword already drawn. "Kelne!" He says, as if the two of them are old friends, "Fancy meeting you here. Look, we just came for the little girl. You hand her over, and I swear Ormir will view your return to the Forgelands with unmixed pleasure. What do you say?"

Meanwhile, outside in the back alley, the fight continues. Dodging and juking and slicing, the Wolfguardsman manages to land another hit on Jorzan, cleanly slicing his arm.

Okay! Kelne! You are up, sir. New map is up. Red squares are guys who are visibly hurt. (Can't remember if I said that already.)


Male

So the guy in Karthan's face is the one at Init 27. He made a full move action...I think I'm seeing the map a little scrambled. Looks like we all got shifted a few columns to the left.

Can you add a tab to the spreadsheet with instructions for how we move our icons on it?


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

"Ah, but I don't want Ormir to view my return with pleasure," Kelne said with equally false pleasantness, moving in to attack without hesitation.

Power attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Moving up to R7 to engage the lead Wolfguard.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Way too close to the kid.
Sir Justahl moves to X8, draws his sword.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Whoo-hoo! Fun! Few things though DM.Jorzan ended up in AE3 not AC3. Two I'm pretty sure Argon coulda moved and drew his weapon as a free action, so he could have been in the doorway as I said, guess it would to be too late to change that now though. Also, would it be possible to number the Wolfguardsmen so we can keep track of them easier? Would be a big help. Thirdly, just so I know this kind of thing for the future, would the second Wolf-dude not still have had to roll perception? Or does the first guy calling out "there he is" eliminate that? Fourthly, ya forgot to add Jorzan itno the Init line up, he's at 15 so actually is before Kelne. But here he goes now! : ) Oh and finally, wouldn't Jorzan have got an AoO on the guy who left to attack Karthan?

AoO if appropriate on Init27 guy:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 and do AoO's grant Sneak damage? If so, Sneak:3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 5) = 13

Round 4
Grimicing from his wounds Jorzan nontheless laughs out a taunt to his foe as he attacks "Some Assassian you'd make cur! I can smell you from a mile off. Have you never heard of a bath? But now try and find me!"
Attack & Damage:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

He then spins in the shadows again and moves to AC3 and walks 10' feet up the wall!
Stealth:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
So Now he's in AC3, (but 10'up) so no need to change the map ; ). Jorzan has taken 27hp damage so far by my calculations. PS anyone know if there's any bonus/minus for attacking/defending from high ground?


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

@Justahl With a BAB over +1 shouldn't you have been able to draw as a free action with your move and still attack in the same round?

DM

Spoiler:
Also, looking over things carefully, I don't think Jorzan got a Round 3 action. First was his surprise attack. Then Round 1 WG1 attacked and Jorzan attacked. Round 2 WG2 moves and WG1 attacks and Jorzan opens the door. Round 3 WG2 Charges and attacks Jorzan, WG1 attacks Jorzan and then you moved right to Round4 with no action from Jorzan. Round 4 WG2 moves into the bar and WG1 attacks Jorzan again then Jorzan attacked and hid and ran up wall.

So, if that's all correct, Jorzan' Round 3 action would be to attack WG2 who had charged him (and therefore had -2 to his AC), he also would have hidden again after that, so WG1's Round4 attack would have had to beat this Stealth first.
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

and here's the Round3 attack on WG2:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

If I'm wrong in any of this or it doesn't work out please lemme know


Jorzan:

HOLY CRAP I SKIPPED YOU! Dude, I am SO sorry. My apologies. I applied your attack and damage to the Wolfguardsman. As for the AoO, that guy used a full-round Withdraw action, I just didn't post it as such. Ugh. That's what I get for posting at the end of a long work day. :-p Thanks for helping me out, I really appreciate it!

You're correct about combining drawing a weapon with a regular move, but there still was no way for Agon to move to the door and attack, IIRC. Regardless, he wants to stay close to Cassandra to help guard her. :-) As for stealth vs. perception, if it was two guys just looking for you then they would both need to roll perception. However in this case the guy pointed you out, and then attacked you, which to me negates any stealthiness going on since you have to dodge/parry/etc. Also, yeah, it's +1 to Melee for high ground.

Wolfguardsmen are now numbered per Jorzan's suggestion. Also, Google spreadsheet does seem to be messing up a bit. No idea what it thinks it's doing. The PDF version seems a little more reliable, so I published it two ways in case anyone else has issues with it you can try the alternate format:
New map as a web page
New map as a PDF


Yeah, Justahl, you can attack the guy in Y-7 if you want to.

Kelne steps forward immediately and slashes a huge wound across the Wolfguard's chest, slicing through armor and flesh with equal ease. The man growls ferally and sneers at the lethal fighter. "I don't know why Ormir didn't finish you when he had the chance, you useless dog!"

Tanel, You're up!


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

I see it. That is an out of the way place to put that rule...

"You sir, should have begged her for mercy instead."
Sir Justahl moves to X8, drawing his sword on the way.
Power Attack against #2: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 2 = 11


Sir Justahl lunges in at Wolfguard number 2, but the warrior sees him coming and narrowly avoids the blow. "Fine! You die too, pretty boy."

Aight. Still Tanel's turn.


Per Karthan's request, added a second tab to spreadsheet with instructions on moving tokens, for those who wish to do so. First thing I need before you can do that is an email addy, though, so I can share the doc with you. Alternately, I can keep moving the tokens, that's fine too.


Haven't heard from Tanel since Thursday so I'm gonna DMPC him for this round. Tanel, I hope that's okay, buddy. I'm gonna use what you suggested earlier and cast a buff.
Round 4, Initiative 8
Swift Action: stand up
Move Action: draw weapon
Standard Action: cast Bless
Everyone gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects, effective immediately.

Tanel stands up, a strange grey shroud gathering about his person. He draws his Halberd and incants a spell, infusing all of you with the morale of the victorious, the winners of battles.

Karthan, your turn, sir.


DM rolling:
Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Also, Updated Map. The negative numbers by the wolfguards are how many HP they're down.


Male Human (Bennelad) Oracle 7
DM Downrightamazed wrote:

Haven't heard from Tanel since Thursday so I'm gonna DMPC him for this round. Tanel, I hope that's okay, buddy. I'm gonna use what you suggested earlier and cast a buff.

Round 4, Initiative 8
Swift Action: stand up
Move Action: draw weapon
Standard Action: cast Bless
Everyone gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects, effective immediately.

Tanel stands up, a strange grey shroud gathering about his person. He draws his Halberd and incants a spell, infusing all of you with the morale of the victorious, the winners of battles.

Good stuff! Absence explained in OOC thread! Back now though!


Male Half-Orc Sorcerer, 8th, Brass Draconic Bloodine

Swift action: Karthan pushes Cassandra, guiding her. "Hide under the table."

Move Action: 5' step back away from the Wolfguard in front of him. This is a Withdraw action and should not provoke an AoA.

Full Round Cast: Flaming Magic Missile at the Wolfguard in front of him.

1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Fire 1
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Fire 2
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Fire 3


Karthan steps calmly back, completing a spell and hammering Wolfguard #2 with three more magic missiles. The man grunts in pain, his clothes and flesh burning. He is clearly very badly hurt. Seeking revenge, he steps in and attacks the spellcaster, landing a slice with his kukri that cuts open Karthan's chest.

Agon turns his attention to the only unhurt Wolfguard, and changes that with his bow, landing two successful hits on the man, arrows thunking into his body.

Wolfguard #3 trades blows with Kelne, landing two successful hits on the warrior. "Kelne! You were never good enough to be one of us, what makes you think you can beat one of us? You can hand over the girl, or I can kill you and take her. Makes no difference to me."

Wolfguard #4, taking great exception to Agon's attention, dives in at the big monk, but is far too slow to land a hit on him.

Suddenly, terribly, the Mystery Man stands up from his table and, moving with inhuman speed and agility, rockets past Agon and Tanel, dodging a hit from the big monk, and grabs Cassandra from under the table. She lets out a scream of terror as the man grabs her by the front of her dress and yanks her bodily along with him, tucking her under his arm like a sack of potatoes as he moves. "HELP! SHINING MAN! HELP!" she calls out to Justahl.

Out in the alley, Jorzan can hear the cries of the little girl, and so can his opponent. The wolfguard shakes himself and spits at Jorzan. "I'll be back for you, freak! Right now I have business inside!" He then carefully pulls away from combat and charges into the coffeeshop. As soon as he gets through the door, looking around intensely, he spies the Mystery Man charging towards him. Holding his ground and blocking the door, he shouts a challenge. "I don't know who or what you are, scum, but the girl is going north with us. Drop her!"

Jorzan! Your turn, sir. Map is updated with new positions and damage. Also, Tanel, you get an AoO on the Mystery Man, roll it when you get a chance.

Round 5 Mechanics, Damage, etc.:

Wolfguard #1 - Initiative 27
5' Step to X-8 (no AoO)
Full-Attack Action on Karthan
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Confirm critical: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 (fails)
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Agon - Initiative 23
5' step to S-11
Full-Attack Action on Wolfguard #4
Flurry of Arrows:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage:
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Wolfguard #3 - Initiative 23
Full-Attack Action on Kelne
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Wolfguard #4 - Initiative 23
Move Action: R-10
Standard Action: Attack Agon
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Mystery Man - Initiative 18
Swift Action: Stand Up
Using Haste and Spring Attack:
Partial Move Action: 35' to V-10
Standard Action: Grab Cassandra from under table
Partial Move Action: 35' to Z-7
This provokes Attacks of Opportunity from Agon and Tanel!
Agon's AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Wolfguard #1 - Initiative 17
Full-Round Action: Withdraw to AA-5 (No AoO)

Initiative order is now:
Wolfguard #2 @27
Agon @23
Wolfguards 3 & 4 @23
Mystery Man @18
Wolfguard #1 @17
Jorzan @15
Kelne @14
Justahl @11
Tanel @8
Karthan @7


Male Human (Bennelad) Oracle 7

As the man reaches for the girl Tanel swings his halberd at him with all his might.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
1d10 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

"'Good' is hardly the descriptor I'd use for you," Kelne retorted, "Now as to skill..." Abruptly Kelne sidestepped, shifting his attention to another opponent and taking ruthless advantage of the man's distraction to skewer him in the back.

5-foot step to R8 and taking advantage of the flank to launch a power attack at Wolfguard 4

Full attack using power attack, +1 for the buff, +2 for flanking
Attack:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Damage:1d8 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
1d8 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Forgot the extra 2 power attack damage for using a weapon with two hands last round. Fixed this time.

"Tanel, get the mage!" he snapped, "We've got these two."

351 to 400 of 4,264 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Seer's Journey - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.