Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Seer's Journey - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

A young refugee girl, blessed by the gods with foresight, is accompanied by six warriors to one of the most dangerous places in the world, where a great hero will die.


3,401 to 3,450 of 4,264 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 8 / Wizard (Scroll Scholar) 1

Astar shrugs, glancing out the window, and wondering about the congregation down there.

"No problem at all, I suppose."

He sheathed his blade and jammed his hands into his pocket, turned and exited the room. As he passed his own room his mind tugged towards the thought of finishing up his essay (distribution of arcane forces across n-dimensional spaces), but the allure of figuring out exactly what the cause of this disturbance was seemed a bit more exciting than simply jotting down his own ideas about something maybe a dozen other people would be able to appreciate. It wasn't until he descended the stairs that he realized that it might've been a virtue to have snagged that cup of coffee he'd decided against earlier.

He exited the building, took a fraction of a second to fully appreciate the cool night air, and then started taking in this scene of a dwarf repeatedly smashing a man with a shield. This sort of thing was appreciated in a very different sort of way.

"Look, your cleric associate is upstairs recuperating from a bad case of 'the ghosts', and he's asked me to send for you. You're welcome to go up and see him, but I think the two or three people still trying to sleep would appreciate keeping the violence to a minimum. What's more, we've already got a glittery mess on hand for the cleaning staff, and I doubt they'd want to deal with blood. Inside, or out here."

Having stated his position, in accordance with the bare minimum of respect his position as exceedingly-part-time adjunct owed to the College's rules and regulations. He straightened himself and adjusted the brim of his hat.

"What is this all about, anyways?"


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

DRA Only:
Lin snorts loudly at the blood trail and follows it cautiously over to the pit, despite the sudden tightness creeping across her body she focuses on the task at hand. Discovering whatever it was that killed this villainous guardsmen.

Anyone that gets near the pit will get waved away by the large silver dragon and, unbeknownst to her, they stare at her strangely as she seems to be glowing slightly...

I didn't want to be like and now Lin IS HUGE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAH! I was going to save her growth change for when she lays down tonight or something. ;) But she will have an errie silvery glow until the lol so long as you don't mind.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Oh wow...


Sir Justahl DC20 CMB to Grapple: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 - Critical failure.
Jorzan Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Hurin Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Hurin's attacks stand as written.

Justahl is sure he has a solid grip on Jorzan, but the wily and dextrous rogue knows better. He easily slips out of the paladin's light grip and lunges in with murderous intent. Unfortunately Hurin seems to have been expecting this and interposes himself between the shadowdancer and the old archivist and hammers him with his shield, knocking him unconscious.


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Kelne opted for a more lateral approach to the problem, seizing the old man by the collar and hauling him bodily out of the raging lunatic's immediate reach. He made no move to draw either weapon or shield, instead planting himself firmly between the pair.

"Oh yes, by all means, let the evil old man goad you into killing him in a fit of rage!" he snarled with withering sarcasm, "That'll prove him wrong!"

"Belsarious, would you mind stopping the bleeding?" he asked politely, turning briefly to nod at him, "I'm afraid I may be busy shouting for a while."

He turned back towards Jorzan, raising his voice again, "You can follow up by roaming the continent slaughtering everyone remotely connected to Bal-Zat! I'm sure that'll do wonders for the state of your soul!" He was genuinely quite angry now. They did not have time to waste on fighting amongst themselves, especially a moment's actual thought, as opposed to blind rage, should see Jorzan stand the hell down. Merciful gods, he himself would be dead a hundred times over if he'd gone around slguhtering Ormir's minions without regard for consequences.

By Callistria, he was going to put his foot down and hammer some patience and subtlety into Jorzan's thick skull. How the hells did he expect to get revenge on Bal-Zat carrying on like this?

As to the newcomer, he was torn between putting him at the top of his list for his mention of Gray, or at the bottom for being a smart-alec.


Lin only:
Looking down into the pit, you see the blood trail continues down past the limits of your vision, though it does get much lighter. Whatever it was that destroyed this man has leapt or flown down into this pit, whose bottom you cannot see.

No worries on the glow, I like it!


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

One moment Justahl had Jorzan firmly in his grip, then he didn't. Jorzan was already thrusting at the old man before he even had time to shout; then he was intercepted by the dwarf, (... what was his name?) and shield bashed unconscious.
Justahl quietly breathed a sigh of relief. His last ditch act of taking the damage dealt to the old man by divine grace would not be needed now. He nods in acknowledgement.
"My thanks young Dwarf. The alternative would not have been pleasant." He looked to make sure Jorzan was alive. "Ah, please don't actually kill him."
Heal check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

He turns his gaze on the raving old man. He began to feel a serious dislike for this lunatic; his companions were beginning to fight each other. This had to stop.
He approached the old man, now securely in Kelne's grip. (Hopefully better than his was.) Coincidentally coming between Bellisarius and his intended target. With his irritation he began to glow with Daylight, banishing shadows around the party.
"My name is Sir Justahl of NeoWald; Knight Errant, Paladin of Izmir and Envoy to the city of Stormfare. And you sir, are under arrest. You have the right to remain silent, and I suggest you use it before I find a dirty sock."
He reaches out and Lays on Hands, healing him for 4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 2, 3) = 17 damage and removing any Shaken or Diseased conditions.

He turns a flinty gaze on Bellisarius.
"I will say to you what I said to Jorzan. You will not simply murder some old man in the heart of our patrons city, justified or not. Leave him to the Justicars; they'll interrogate him and find out what his connections to our enemies are. We have other duties"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

Astar wrote:


"Look, your cleric associate is upstairs recuperating from a bad case of 'the ghosts', and he's asked me to send for you. You're welcome to go up and see him, but I think the two or three people still trying to sleep would appreciate keeping the violence to a minimum. What's more, we've already got a glittery mess on hand for the cleaning staff, and I doubt they'd want to deal with blood. Inside, or out here."
Having stated his position, in accordance with the bare minimum of respect his position as exceedingly-part-time adjunct owed to the College's rules and regulations. He straightened himself and adjusted the brim of his hat.
"What is this all about, anyways?"

Sir Justahl bowed politely in the general direction of the newcomer, not taking his eyes off of Bellisarius.

"I beg your pardon sir; we were debating several courses of action in dealing with this criminal."
GM:

Oh mighty GM!
A hero point! I sacrifice a Hero point for an squad of guards attracted by the commotion to come by so we can dump this lunatic and get moving again!


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

DRA Only:
Lin stands on the brink of the hole in the street, frost rolling off her glowing scales and completely unaware of the people gawking at her. She was frustrated that she couldn't just plunge into the depths and after the murderous peep that had so coldly killed the unconscious evil guardsman. As she prepared to take off she felt something creak inside her breast and staggered. Not much time... It's happening much quicker then before... Min where are you?!

Despite the odd creaking, growing muscles and shifting scales, she was able to thankfully take off and return to the others in the quad. She had to get help before whatever was in the pit could attack again.

Her landing in the quad however was less then graceful a hard landing, tearing up earth and soil under her magical claws...


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"I count two votes to outright kill tha man iffen tha actions maybe considered a vote an two votes tah not kill tha archivist. Someone weildin magic kept from tha eyes o all others tha truth in tha archives, I dispeled tha magic an now know more o tha truth. This one alive may trip tha end o tha world."


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Kelne took a few moments to compose himself, directing his gaze on the crazed old man who'd touched off the confrontation, "I'd advocate killing him myself if it weren't for the knowledge locked up in his head," he said seriously, "He won't have been an innocent in tonight's events. Not spouting that name, and not in light of what we found at the bottom of the pit."

"Somebody needs to let the authorities know there's a drow city down there on top of everything else," he went on, "Gods know how they're going to react to having a direct pipeline to Stormfare blasted out on their doorstep."

"Let's get Jorzan inside. I've no idea what we're going to do about him, but there's no sense discussing it standing out in the rain."


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Sir Justahl looks steadily at Belsarious.
"This is NOT a voting situation."
The Daylight around Justahl seems to originate as a halo over his head.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Then Sir Justahl does a double take at Kelne.
"Wait. Did you just say 'Drow City'?"


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"So you are abstaining from a vote?"


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

"This man is under arrest. He will stand for whatever crimes he he is charged with in front of a judge. Not you. Not even if all of you agree."
He draws his warhammer.
"Do you understand now? There is no vote."


There is the whistling of wings and a massive thud behind you all, and Lin makes a slightly clumsy landing, her claws are stained with blood and she deposits the body of the guard that tried to kill Justahl onto the ground. He has a massive, gaping chest wound.

Kelne only:
You instantly recognize the wound on this man as being identical to the one Camor suffered.

As Lin explains what she found, there is another whistling, fluttering sound, and then an earth-shaking *K-WHOOM!* nearly sends you all crashing to the ground. You spin around and come face-to-face (some of you for the second time) with the Great Wyrm Brass Dragon Van-Galazzan, Prefect of the Draconic Protectorate of Stormfare. His massive, cathedral-sized body takes up a huge portion of the quad. He fixes you all with a steely glare but when he speaks, his voice -- though stern -- is surprisingly warm and avuncular.

"SIR JUSTAHL! WHILE IT IS A PLEASURE TO SEE YOU UNDER ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE, I CONFESS TO BEING CONFUSED AT FINDING YOU AND YOUR COMPANIONS HERE IN THIS QUAD AGAIN SO SOON. I DO HOPE ALL IS WELL?"

After you explain things to the protector of this city, he rumbles low in his throat. He immediately casts a Sleep spell on the archivist and places his limp form on his back. "THERE WILL BE NO MORE KILLING IN STORMFARE THIS NIGHT. MY CITY FACES DIFFICULTIES ENOUGH WITHOUT GOOD MEN TURNING TO MURDER. JUDGING BY WHAT VAN-HAERA AND BELSARIOUS HAVE DISCOVERED, HE HAS MUCH TO ANSWER FOR. SPEAKING OF OUR HEAD LIBRARIAN, COULD ONE OF YOU VENTURE INTO THE LIBRARY AND FETCH HER, PLEASE? I WOULD HAVE WORDS."

Van-Galazzan fixes Lin with a friendly look. Perhaps too friendly. "MY LADY" he says gallantly, and performs a complicated bow that somehow involves every one of his enormous appendages. He nearly takes out a tree in the process. "I DO NOT BELIEVE I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF MEETING YOU. I AM VAN-GALAZZAN, PREFECT OF THIS DRACONIC PROTECTORATE OF STORMFARE. AND YOU WOULD BE...?"

As Van-Galazzan starts flirting with the young silver dragon who just flew in, the last few remaining guards in the garrison come rushing out of a completely different building. Apparently they had been helping to contain and remove ghosts, but now the booming voice of their boss has brought them rushing into the quad.

DC15 Perception:
It is clear that Van-Galazzan has been fighting; there are fresh scorch marks on some of his scales and signs of recent healing magic elsewhere.

Sir Justahl ONLY:
I figured spending a hero point was worth more than a few lousy guards. Hope this'll do. :-)


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

GM:

Two thumbs up!

Sir Justahl bows to the Great Wyrm.
"At once my lord."
He tucks his warhammer away as he begins to run to the Library, motivated as much by getting away from the image seared in his mind of draconic flirting as the urgency of the message.
"I will leave you to your vote then."


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"Of course great one, he is yours and mine no longer."


Male Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 8 / Wizard (Scroll Scholar) 1

Astar addressed Justahl.

"Well, I wouldn't want to stifle debate, but I can't help but get the feeling some amongst you are arguing in bad faith. I mean the shield..."

He was interrupted as the enormous dragon landed. For a few moments, Astar was quieted as he tried to make sense of the situation.

(Perception) 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

This was all clearly way past the 'getting out of hand' stage. Maybe the dragon would have some answers. He raised his hands and stood on his tippy-toes, not-so-subtle gestures to make himself more visible to the mammoth creature.

"Excuse me, yes, hello. What, precisely, is going on?"

Oh, he knew that he was interrupting the dragon's 'conversation'. But he wouldn't let anyone else off the hook if they were busy flirting; why would he afford someone the luxury simply because they were a dragon?

There were questions to be answered, especially with the onrush of almost certainly confused guards.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

Hurin looked down at Jorzan with a pained wince. In response to Justals thanks and admonishment not to kill the rampaging teen he slung his shield and resecured his massive waraxe. He spoke aloud to the uncouncious boy aloud not because he really believed he could hear him, but rather so those around him would not misread his intentions.
"Sorry there beardling,you'll be feelin that when you wake up, but I couldn't let you murder the old man right in front of the Paladin here. Yer too young to spend the rest of yer life sitting and rotting away in a jail cell. Not that I am expecting you too be thanking me anytime soon. And I think I will be taking yer weapons off you until I am sure you are going to play nice when you wake up."

Hurin secures Jorzan's weapons and makes especially sure to look for the small of the back, up the sleeve and in the leggings, and boots hidden weapons trick. Once he collects anything he felt could be used as a weapon he loads it up in a sack.

Hurin then gently and effortlessly eased the boy up and over his shoulder and gave him a few reassuring pats on the back. Hurin turned towards the newcomer (Astar) and called out to him.
"If you say there is a cleric nearby I will be wanting him to have a look at this beardlings head. The knot on his crown is starting to make him look like a damn unicorn!"

Suddenly it felt like there was an earthquake and Hurin turned to see not one, but two dragons landing!


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

DRA:
I am watching Jorzan very carefully for any sign of him coming around. I am holding action in case jorzan makes Hurin do something to protect himself. Hurin sees Jorzan as a 17 yearold kid and is giving him the benefit of the doubt any parent would give their teenage children, but is well aware that he is holding a poison blade using killer over his shoulder.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

I'm not sure but I think you smacked Jorzan so hard you knocked out Khaladon...and I need Aylaeth to post...


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Lin bows her head in greeting, shaking slightly as her muscles continue to tense and release beneath her scales. The changing was slowing down but it was going to be a very rough night for her, especially if Min wasn't there, she was going to be Hungry. Despite the turmoil beneath her skin she remained warm and friendly to the Protector of Stormfare. "I am Lindórievórea, companion to Min and part of Izmir's Skyknights. I am honored to meet you finally great one, I have heard much about you and... Great One you've been injured. Is there something I can do to assist you?"


Van-Galazzan shakes his giant head. "I WILL BE FINE, THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS. THESE WOUNDS ARE TRIFLES AND WILL BE HEALED BY MORNING. BUT YOU! MY LADY! YOU ARE UNDERGOING A CHANGE, ARE YOU NOT? HOW PERFECTLY SPLENDID! HOW IS IT YOU CAME TO, ER..." The immense dragon eyes Astar. "ER, EXCUSE ME LINDORIEVOREA, DUTY CALLS."

The Great Wyrm addresses Astar: "MR. DIJKSTRA, IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN. HOW GO YOUR CURRENT RESEARCHES, IN WHATEVER FIELD OR FIELDS THEY MAY BE? AS FOR WHAT IS GOING ON, I AM TRYING TO LEARN THAT MYSELF, AS I ARRIVED AFTER YOU. A DROW CITY, ILLUSIONS IN THE BOOKS IN THE LIBRARY...STRANGE THINGS. I HOPE MADAME VAN-HAERA WILL HAVE SOME ANSWERS." The dragon listens thoughtfully to Hurin. "AH! A CLERIC YOU SAY. WELL, LET'S GET HIM DOWN HERE, THEN!"

Van-Galazzan casts a Fly spell so as not to disturb anyone with the gale-force winds his wings kick up and floats over to the staff dorm where Gray sits, still enchanted. It takes several minutes for the Prefect to get over there, determine what has happened, and then dispel the magic compelling Gray to stay, but in the end the bulkily-armored Pharasman rejoins the rest of you in the quad, as does Van-Galazzan. The rain, you all notice, has let up for the moment.

'LET US REMAIN HERE AND AWAIT THE RETURN OF SIR JUSTAHL WITH VAN-HAERA. IT IS RARE TO BE ABLE TO BE OUTSIDE IN THIS CITY WITHOUT BEING POURED UPON, AND I LIKE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SUCH MOMENTS."

Gray raises Jorzan's head and looks the rogue over quickly to ascertain the extent of his injuries while the rest of you -- especially Hurin -- stand tensely by, not knowing if the young rogue is going to spring to life and attack Gray. Meanwhile, the Archivist sleeps soundly on Van-Galazzan's gigantic back.

Hurin ONLY:
Gotcha.


@Sir Justahl: You head down into the library and with a bit of assistance are able to locate Van-Haera in her enormous office deep within the building. In the room with her are brave young Brook (Captain Lamorak's squire), poor, stitched-together and bandaged Kevin, and of course his sister, your charge; Cassandra.

The little seer is speaking to an attractive woman with white eyes, white skin, and dark blue hair...if you didn't know any better you swear this was the Ghost of the Tower, a legendary creature said to haunt the Great Tower of this library. The heavy tread of your armor gives away your approach, though, and the conversation ceases immediately when you enter the room. Cassandra was already running over to where you were going to enter.

"SHINING MAN!" she squeals with glee. Kevin hobbles over to you as well, with Brook's help. Cassandra rushes up and throws her little arms you. "I couldn't See you, Shining Man, but then I could and I knew would it all be okay but I was worried anyway because now I See too much there's too many lines and it's all gooey now but you're here so it's ALL going to be OKAY, isn't it, Shining Man?!" She pulls back and beams up at you. "...isn't it?"

Van-Haera smiles toothily. "Sir Justahl! It is good to see you are back in one piece. We were...concerned. I take it you are here with news of some sort? Where are the others?"

The Ghost simply stands still and regards you, her presence discomfiting on a fundamental level, making the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Sir Justahl smiles as he kneels and embraces Cassandra, then Kevin.
"Of course Cassandra, though we may need to move quickly."
He bows his head to Van-Haera.
"Most of us are out front milady."
Trying to ignore the stare of the creepy lady, he ticks off points on his hand.
"In brief, since we returned from the reduction of Baron Ormir, a mysterious ghost tower has occupied Gray with a massive swarm of spirits; a massive sinkhole has swallowed a city block, taking Jorzan and Kelne with it; I personally engaged a Daemon that assaulted a number of students wandering the streets, but he escaped; a ship is burning in the harbor; a Dwarf prevented me from being stabbed in the back; a Library archivist was taken into custody after raving about someone named 'Bal-Zat'; Kelne and Jorzan returned bearing news of a Drow city; Jorzan was knocked unconscious by the new Dwarf trying to kill the archivist; and Prefect Van-Galazzan took custody of the archivist and begs a moment of your time."
He thinks a moment.
"That is all I can think of for the moment. No doubt more detail will appear in closer scrutiny. Shall we go?"


Male Human Cleric 9 (86/86HPs AC26 [domain spells used 0 and Normall spell used (one 1st&5thlvl). 0/10 channels used.)

Before looking over Jorzan Gray silently nods to Van-Galazzan with a thankful look on his face.

With Jorzan on the ground Gray smiles a little to himself. This being a situation he is the most comfortable in. not fighting and more. he thinks to himself as he lets out a small chuckle. Gray doesn't think how weird this might look to the people watching him. Opening his bags once more he removes a small box with bandages and herbs.

Before applying any magic or bandages to the injured shadowdancer he looks over the boys wounds with a close eye.

Heal Check on Jorzan with healer's kit.
1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 17 + 2 = 20
not sure what that gets me or if it stabilizes him. also Not sure what else i can do right now without results. so ill just do this!

After quickly wrapping the wounds with bandages, Gray places his hands on Jorzan's chest as he his hands begins to glow.
"Pharasma this one is not ready for you yet."

Casting cure critical wounds
4d8 + 9 ⇒ (6, 5, 2, 3) + 9 = 25 + 12 = 37 total hp recovered
for Healer's Blessing-increasing the amount of damage healed by half (+50%)

Looking down to Jorzan, Gray gives him a curious look to see what happens next.


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Lin nods at Van-Galazzan, thankful for the momentary distraction, and feels likes shes not being as respectful as she should be. It didn't help that her body felt like it was straining against her scales and now even she could notice the faint glow that surrounded her, along with the frost that was building up on the parts of her body that were the most affected at this point by the change.

Once the Prefect's attention falls on her again she responds to his earlier question. "We arrived through a magical tapestry after the Dragonsingers sent us to Ormira to assist the heroes there. Sadly though the Red Dragonflight invasion and conquering of Ormiria forced us to retreat. So here we are doing our best to help the city and pursue our separate quests. There is something of note I should tell you Great One, we spotted a demon in a pit not far from here. It may have gone underground but it was attacking students from the school here and brave Justahl thankfully saved them. I mention this only because I do not know the fighting forces of Stormfare and wish to warn them of this creature so it doesn't have free reign to harm the populace at large."


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

"Well, I can tell you that the pit was blasted open by Bal-Zat's minions as a result of an interrupted ritual," Kelne said, "No evidence as to who interrupted it, but the ritual itself seems to have been designed to bring Bal-Zat back from whatever facsimile of the grave he inhabits and encase him in the body of one of Jorzan's brothers. Definitely connected to that blasted shadow tower and the wraiths, since the one disappeared and the others swarmed over Stormfare the moment the ritual was interrupted. There's not much I can tell you about the drow city, I'm afraid," he concluded, "It's a big place, well-established, in harmony with the forest, which is a bit unsettling really, considering the forest is deep underground. I can't imagine having a gaping pit leading straight from the heart of Stormfare to their doorstep will end well."


@Justahl: Van-Haera nods quickly. "Yes! Yes, let's join the others. Nasmarra, will you come with? I thank you profusely for your willingness to aid, and these are the men with whom you will be traveling. Perhaps you would like to speak with them...?"

With that, the brass dragon scoops up Kevin since the boy is having difficulty walking, and you all troop out into the quad.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

Hurin stood watching the dragons speak to one another. He couldn't help, but feel he was now engaged in something special here. The ancestors were watching, and the Great Wrym had approved of his actions. Hurin could see the Great Wyrm had been fighting and bore the scars of battle and wondered what could have scored damage like that on something the size of a small keep.

Hurin guessed that the silver dragoness was Lin, but she looked a might bit bigger since a few minutes ago and was glowing, more sign that something profound was taking place here.

Listening to Kelne and his report, Hurin realized that in fact it seemed that greater forces were at work here. Powerful factions and proficies in layers hung about this place. His very being here pushed upon him by fate and circumstances that could not be mere chance.

The massive dragon spoke to Hurin and went to fetch the cleric himself! That was a bit surprising, but told the dwarf that this dragon was less like humans and more like dwarf leaders, preferring direct action rather than bidding others to do for him perhaps.

Hurin thought about binding Jorzan with ropes or hobbles but decided against it. That would only fuel the teenagers angst and might be embarrassing for the boy. Though Hurin was no expert in Human children he thought that Jorzan was likely head strong and emotionally driven as a beardling of any other race.

If you want them to be responsible then you have to give them responsibilities, if you want them to learn from their mistakes then you have to let them make their own mistakes, and if you want them to be disciplined then you have to give em a boot to the ass everyonce in a while!" Hurin smiled to himself at his mother's advice to him when he had become a new father.

Hurin removed the boy's armor so he could breath better and so that the cleric could examine him easier. He made a pillow out of his cloak and put it under Jorzans head. With his handkerchief he wiped the boys face and moved the hair out of his eyes, and pushed Jorzans tongue back in his mouth so that he didn't look so foolish. He poured cool water on the handkerchief and laid it across the boy's angry bumps on his head.

Finished with his first aid he sat down next to the boy and held his hand. After a few moments he became a little self conscious about it and glared around to see if anyone was mocking him for being a softie.

...;.…......................

Hurin was relieved to see the cleric arrive and recognized him as one of Pharasmas followers. Hurin thought of a dozen questions he wished to ask the cleric, but forced them down as he let the man do his healing work while still holding the boys hand.

"uh hey Kelne, maybe you had better come over here when this youngster wakes up in case he wants to get frogging again. Repeated blows to his already cracked melon isn't going to be good for his already questionable mental health."


Back up in the quad, several things happen at once. Just as Kelne begins his summary, Justahl returns with Van-Haera, Cassandra, Kevin, Brook, Sarish, and a beautiful but ghostly woman with white skin and eyes and blue hair. There are hugs and tearful greetings all around, especially from Kevin, who thanks all of you for saving his life, and Cassandra, who is thrilled to see all of you, AND thanks you for saving her brother's life. Brook and Sarish are more stoic, noting happily that Belsarious is there, but obviously wondering where the rest of the Skyknights are.

Astar and Hurin are introduced, but before anyone can remark on their presence there is an uncomfortable groan from Jorzan, who has been greatly restored thanks to Gray's tremendous powers of healing.

Many people are gathered around the shadowdancer, some looking to stop him if he makes another mad dash for the archivist, others fearing retribution against Hurin, and rightly so. Slowly Jorzan sits up and shakes his head, then opens his eyes. The first thing he sees is Gray's placid face, the healer happy simply to be able to work his art and help an injured comrade. The second thing he sees is Van-Galazzan, the immense head of the Great Wyrm filling his vision and immediately causing him to be slightly taken aback -- not something he was expecting. Then, however, he spots...Hurin. THAT BASTARD! he thinks.

You all see raw fury blaze in Jorzan's dark eyes, but before anyone can move, little Cassandra comes rocketing between you and launches a ferocious hug at her "big brother", her small arms squeezing him around his shoulders and neck.

"SHADOW MAN! YOU'RE OKAY! I was so worried about you, you always go off into the Bad Places, like the time in the slug cave, and the time in the big burning pit, and then on the crystals! But you're here now and you're fine and we can travel again!" Kevin also limps up to Jorzan, the poor tyke's chest completely covered in bandages and arcane healing runes that glow softly in the night. "Thank you for saving me from Ormir, Jorzan. It...I hurt..." The boy bites his lip to stop from crying and also lunges in to hug the surprised rogue, he and his sister both hanging on tightly. "Cassandra told me how you're there for her. How you ALL are. You...you're all the only family we have now."

Beyond the children, Jorzan can still see Hurin. There will have to be a reckoning between them, to be sure, but with children hanging off of him and the Prefect of Stormfare looming over him, now is clearly not the time.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Cleans the blood from his curve blade.....

"Let it be known I have a task a mission tah rid tha world of abominations, an in tha have left mah home. Being the last prince o mah tribe I claim tha great expanse known as tha trackless Wood as tha domain o elves. In this domain I am a visitor, in tha domain I am the I am...."

Takes aside the shadow-dancer....

attempts to determine if the man is tainted by the dark forces or has been bonded to an abomination at some point.

"Are you familiar with tha abominations?"

"Tha archivist is a deciever a liar and illusionist who hide the truth to help this event come to pass, you can not take stock in his words...I regret those words to you and had I acted sooner he would have not uttered them, I chose to wait beleiving tha all voices were of equal merit, though tha has proven false....."


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

Hurin let's go of Jorzan's hand after giving it a squeeze sensing some sort of family reunion is going on here and takes a step back to give Jorzan and the two children their space as he watched the scene unfold

The girls name is Cassandra and the boys name is Kevin . . . Oh my own sweet Cassandra, Kendall and Kinley would be the same age as these two now, and we never had a son. The line of my people has ended, but I am still here to see it all. I went to the vampire's keep thinking that I would finally join you and the girls, but the ancestors and fate has kept me from you.

Hurin watched the children's small arms embracing Jorzan and felt tortured by it. Hurin's first thought was to suppress the emotions and force them down, down so far this time that they would not bother him again. But he had been down that road and it led him nowhere before. Instead he let the emotions flow through him. He could feel the tiny arms of his own daughters embracing him, the smell of his Cassandra's hair and the laughter and singing that used to fill his small families home.

Hearing the children's words got the dwarf to thinking, these must have been the children threatened by the Vampire and the Red Dragon flight. He looked at the boy Kevin and felt sick to his stomach, the injuries to the small child looked horrific and that was even after he had obviously been healed. So Jorzan and the others here were the ones Grippin had told him about.

Hurin felt himself tearing up. The one time it isnt raining in this blasted city!

The dwarf turned and tried to push his way to the back of the assembly.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

You guys gotta give a fella time to respond sometimes! ; ) But, Ok, for continuity's sake, (and so I don't have to do any more major editing) let's just say that this post by Jorzan happens before these last two. K?

A wave of sensations and memories flood over Jorzan as he swims his way back up to consciousness. First, there was the dull throbbing in his head. He'd had worse headaches in his life, and certainly experienced much worse pain, but this one was still up there. Gray's face so close to his was mildly surprising but oddly comforting. The looming visage of Val-Galazzan almost blocking out the sky however was another matter entirely and causes him to jump back a bit, or as much as one can anyway while still sitting on their butt. Then there were the memories. At first they were hazy and indistinct but as his gaze wanders about looking for anything to settle upon but the Great Wyrm, he spots the Dwarf. Hurin! And suddenly it all comes splashing back. Not the madness itself, thankfully, but the memory of events now stand stark and clear in his mind.

Glaring at the powerful fighter, and completely unaware of the tender concern the dwarf had been showing him mere moments before, a different kind of fury surges in the young rogue, this one borne more of embarrassment and wounded pride. Before he can do anything about it though he is pelted with an armful of loving, gentle, girl, as Cassandra throws herself affectionately upon her 'Shadow Man'. Moments later Kevin has added himself to the mix and Jorzan's anger is rapidly overwhelmed with warm feelings of familial love and gratitude. Shooting one last look to Hurin, sending the crystal clear message that matters were far from over or settled between the two of them, as the coward turns away in fear or shame, a small smile, lifts the corner of his mouth. Jorzan then allows himself to forget the dwarf and for several wonderful, timeless tides lets himself drown in the kind of joyous affection he has known so few and far between times in his life.

Hugging them both back tightly, but being very careful and conscious of Kevin's wounds, he mummers into their necks "I know Cassandra, I know, and I am so sorry. But as long as you remain with me I know that I shall be able to come back from any Bad Place that I go to. You mean more to me than you will ever know." He then pulls back a bit and smiles while looking over her brother's signs of recovery "Why Kevin, look at you! I hardly recognize you with no fangs! Haha. You look fantastic young sir! And I am sure that you will be up and fighting dragons- i]bad dragons[/i] of course!-in no time!" He then leans forward and whispers for Kevin's ears alone "And no thanks are ever necessary my dear young friend. All I ask of you is that you continue to grow big and strong so that you can help the rest of us continue to protect Cassandra, ok? I don't think any of us can do a better job of that you have done so far, but we'll do our best! Ok?"

With one last gentle squeeze he slowly disengages himself from the pair and stands up, almost losing his balance for a second as a wave of dizziness passes through him. Noticing pieces of his armor laying about, he begins to put them on. He is also very aware that every one of his weapons has been removed from him and a red flush begins creeping up his face again, whether from fury, embarrassment or both, it is difficult to determine. With the prefect himself looming over him, Jorzan is also very aware that keeping his temper is quite literally a matter of life and death at the moment, so, quite pointedly not looking at the person he is sure is responsible for his armorless, weaponless state, he says as flippantly as he can manage "So, what'd I miss?"

I did just edit some of it though, so you may want to give it a read again. Hurin I'm talking to you. ; )


Male Human Cleric 9 (86/86HPs AC26 [domain spells used 0 and Normall spell used (one 1st&5thlvl). 0/10 channels used.)

Gray nods to Jorzan as his eyes the shadowdancer stand slowly.

"Well then, if anyone needs me.. I'll be over there.

Pointing to a bench under a tree. Grabbing his bags he walks over and sit in silence. As he sits he reaches for the thurible hanging from his belt and reignites the sage inside, with the snap of his fingers. spark spell.

As the smell of the sage fills the air of the quad. Gray rummages through his bags once more. He removes his ledger, quill and ink. Opening the book he turns near the end of it. A small frown comes on his face as he realizes a new ledger will be needed at this rate. He then begins to write in his book. Occasionally stopping to count on his fingers before going back to writing.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Before anyone can answer Jorzan's question, the strange wild elf approaches him and asks a question and makes a short speech. He tries to lead Jorzan aside but the rogue resists, not seeming to want to go anywhere with the one called Belsarious. In response to question and speech, Jorzan simply stares at him. It is not clear whether this is because he does not understand the elf, or simply has no idea what he is talking about.

Finally, almost reluctantly, and with little to no emotion he says "There are many types of abominations in this world Elf, and I have encountered a few of them. You'll have to be more specific."


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Lin watches with a toothy grin and gives young Brook a playful slap with her wing tip as he comes just into range. She smiles at Sarish as well. "Hello strangers, how is your first time in Stormfare so far hmm?"


Male Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 8 / Wizard (Scroll Scholar) 1

He responded to Van-Galazzan.

"My research goes well, aside from this minor interruption."

Astar refused to shake his head in dismay. This puzzle had enough pieces to be truly challenging, but he wouldn't let it hinder him. Especially as more people flooded into the quad. He allowed his vision to pan across the scene. He began adding it up, out loud, to no one in particular.

"So we've got this criminal, a kid that wants vengeance, an assembly of heavily armed...mercenaries?...no, not quite...a cleric, a paladin, some children, some guardsmen, two dragons, one of which is Van-Galazzan themselves. If this is going to be such a popular spot, they really should charge an entrance fee."

He snapped his attention away from his mental math and focused on Belsarious.

"What's this about deception, illusion, and abomination?"

(Arcana)1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37

"I can assure you there's only the expected and 'tolerable' amounts of the first two here at the College."

He paused, and then slowed his tone, making certain he was understood as being deadly serious.

"As for Abominations... there are not any of those here. I can assure you that."

His tone had recovered some of its slyness already.

"I simply wouldn't allow it."


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"Tha abominations, one a snow globe and others tha are potent and magical artifacts of cruel otherworldly powers. Mah group sought tah destroy these abominations, one such was bonded upon me though I survived tha process o removal, all of the others must be destroyed tha dragon army wishes tha powers tah conquor all."

"Tha thing tempts those with tha alien power, lulls one into belief it ken be controlled. Tha archivist spoke such things to you and anger, fear welled up leaving you vulnerable I meant tah attempt mah aid for surely some darkness hast latched upon your very soul."


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

K Local on Astar: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Abominations. The wild elf was still talking about them and now one of the newcomers was as well. As he looked at the tall, lanky newcomer, something about him, and he manner of speech, tugged at Jorzan's. The man seemed quite familiar somehow, although Jorzan was positive they had never met. Then it clicked. Jorzan could now recall once reading an article-which had been nowhere near as witty as it had attempted to be- on one'Astar Djikstra', a supposed genius on matters arcane, or some such. The description of the man in the article very much matched the person now before him speaking about abominations.

So, now two of them were talking about these Abominations. And for some reason, the strange Elf seemed to think they had something to do with him? Time to put that theory to bed at least. "Look, Balsarous is it? I've told you once already, I don't know what you're talking about. I've never heard of these 'Abominations' of yours and I'm sure they have nothing to do with me. So that's that. And yes, I am aware I...lost my temper earlier" he equivocates, unable to prevent himself from giving a quick, somewhat nervous glance to Van-Galazzan "...but as you do not know me, you have no idea why and where that anger came from. So I'll take you kindly to, well, to put it frankly, mind your own business."

With everything that has gone on recently, and, given his current situation, it is clear that Jorzan is putting considerable effort into controlling his temper. Finished putting back on his armor, Jorzan turns and takes a step away from Belsarious, using body language to send the clear message that he is finished with that particular conversation. Addressing the group at large he says "There's obviously a lot going on here at the moment, and there's a lot to be done. So I say we start getting to it. As some of us have important places we need to be." while dropping a protective arm around Cassandra's shoulders.

Sense Motive DC 28:

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

The young rogue is making a skilled and smooth effort to take the attention off of himself.

He's also still barely controlling his temper. But controlling it he is.

Then, addressing a point in the air a few feet in front of him, he finishes with "It seems my weapons have been removed from me. I would much appreciate their return. NOW."


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

Hurin waits to see if the others react first. Hurin is disappointed, but not suprised the beardling is stirring it up again, and in the presence of four dragons, the adventurers Grippin talked about, the small kids and an entire complement of the city guard.


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Lin lowers her head and gets as close to Jorzan as she can to emphasize her words. "The Abominations are terrible items that can bring calamity to the far reaches of whatever region they are in. It may not be your mission to find them but, if you do happen upon them in evil hands, they must be taken from them. Or great evil could befall the land. One of the items threaten to cover the land in a never ending winter. We know little of the other's abilities but each is as powerful and deadly as the others." She pulls back out of Jorzan's face and speaks more normally. "If you ever come across one and happen to take it, then please find a way to take it to Izmir my frien..."

A low snap deep in her chest causes her to wince and grit her teeth, cutting off her speech. She muscled her way through the pain and remained silent.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"I am glad tha abominations are far from you, mah knowledge says there are 12 abominations, mah friend Dolo Luckbender named some o tha known abominations, which we destroyed or captured. These artifacts have tha guise o harmlessness, a box, a vase, a snowglobe, a teapot, a mirror, a hairbrush, and an inkwell."

"Though all tha abminations ken in time take over a person who attempts there power, tha inkwells ink can draw upon one and turn him into an automaton, tis mah fear tha even a dragon could be turned by these inks."


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Jorzan steps back from the huge dragon head in his face, still very angry over his weapons being kept from him and getting more and more annoyed that these Skynights keep talking to him about these 'Abominations'.

When the Wild Elf starts spouting his gibberish again, Jorzan turns his face away in disgust and dismissal. That is, until the end of the Elf's speech. As Belsarious mentions the very last item in his list of Abominations Jorzan's hand unconsciously flies to his chest and his expression and posture immediately morph from disinterest and frustration to vivid attention and concern.

Taking a step closer to Belsarious he asks "Wait. What is this about an inkwell? I...I think I may know something about that, but...it was so long ago..." and his eyes drift off into the depths of memory once again of a day just a few weeks ago, right here in Stormfare, just after he had met Cassandra for the first time...

Finding the Wooden Dagger:

Shuddering with revulsion and hate when he finds the 'trophy pouch' the Punisher had been carrying on his person, Jorzan nevertheless doggedly goes through it all. As he does, he asks Karthan if he might check to see if anything in the bag radiates as magical. If not, the shadowdancer begins to hand the bag over to the Paladine, suggesting to them that perhaps they can use the letters and toys to contact the concerned parents and perhaps even help them track down their missinig children. Just before the bag leaves his hand however something catches the young rogue's eye. Pulling the bag back to take a closer look Jorzan's eyes widen in surprise at the sight of something he had never thought to see again. Reaching tentativly into the bag the young man pulls out a small, crudely made wooden dagger, dyed black. Wordlessly handing the bag back to the Paladine Jorzan turns the dagger over and over in his hands

'Could it be? After all these years? Yes, yes, there, the tip, broken off at exactly the same place. And yes, here! On the hilt!' he silently exclaims as his fingers course over the roughly carved J.

Lifting his head Jorzan is transported back through the years, his eyes perceiving only the past at the moment. Remember he does a young boy, burning with pain and hate, seeking revenge but having no outlet for it. Fresh as if it was yesterday are the memories of his scraping the piece of wood on the stone of his cel, over and over for hours on end, shaping the dagger he hoped with a burning passion to kill 'The Master' with one day. And recall he does that day when first the Shadows aided him. For in no other way would he have been able to steal into the Master's forbidden chambers and temporarily pilfer the vial of ink the very young Jorzan used to dye the dagger. Black for the colour of the Master's heart he hoped to sink it in, and black for the shadows which helped protect the young boy. And finally, Jorzan remembers the day the dagger was taken from him. And how, in imputent rage his younger self stabbed his feeble weapon against the Punisher's chest. And how the construct merely laughed as the tip of the simple weapon broke against it's metal skin, the laughter continuing as it took the blade and threw the dagger's wielder roughly against the wall, nearly shattering his ribs.

Jorzan's remembered vision fades at that point as the collision against the wall had rendered him unconscious. Blinking himself back to the present, Jorzan squeezes the dagger tight in his fist as he looks down on his former tormentor's remains "Where is your laughter now Punisher?" he says quietly to himself. Putting the dagger carefully in his belt pouch, Jorzan forgets the past for now and puts his thoughts to the future.

As soon as he has a chance, Jorzan will bore a hole through the hilt of the dagger and put a leather thong through it, forming a necklace which he will wear under his tunic, against his skin, at all times.

THE ABOVE, INCLUDING THE OOC TEXT, IS ALL A DIRECT COPY OF A POST I MADE FOR JORZAN MORE THAN A YEAR AGO, REAL TIME. NONE OF THAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, RIGHT NOW HE IS REMEMBERING ALL THE ABOVE. ALTHOUGH NO ONE BUT HIM KNOWS THIS, OR WHAT IT'S PERSONAL SIGNIFICANCE FOR HIM IS, JORZAN IS WEARING THAT SAME BLACK WOODEN DAGGER ON AS THONG AGAINST HIS CHEST RIGHT NOW.

With perfect dramatic timing, it is just as Jorzan is coming out of his reverie that Zan arrives back. Taking up a position just above and behind Jorzan's right shoulder, the shadowy apparition turns a baleful, inhuman, gaze precisely in Hurin's direction.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

DM DRA:
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33 to see if Hurin saw the ink stained dagger around Jorzan's neck when he was disrobing him for the cleric checking him all over for weapons and dangerous items like poison etc.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"Aye tha ink is worked into tha skin an tha marks err dark lines, that more lines tha more power tha possessor o tha well has upon tha person, anywhere from a small mark to careful marks over tha entire body completely takin over tha one so marked!"

"This one I fear most, been bonded tah an abomination myself, I struggle tah think how one might be freed from tha insideous ink, when glyphs and runes and other magics are woven within tha magic from tha ink alone! I near died from mah un-bonding, an even now I ken feel tha dark energy when it is nearby!"

Stops and closes his eyes trying to sense if any abomination is within perception.


Male Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 8 / Wizard (Scroll Scholar) 1

"So you've all come here hunting for abominations? Is that what the ghosts were about?"


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Sense motive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

While now might not be the time, they were going to have to address Jorzan's behaviour at some point. Kelne had been none too subtly watching him through narrowed eyes, giving serious thought as to whether continuing with the journey would be in his best interests. Unfortunately, Bal-Zat's minions were going to keep coming after him wherever he might go. At least with them, he'd have people watching his back. Of course, there was also Cassandra to consider. Having both her and Jorzan in the group would mean Bal-Zat's attention was utterly focused on them. Sending Jorzan off with the Skyknights and borrowing someone to take his place would split that attention nicely, but Kelne doubted Jorzan would cope well with the group's military hierarchy, and anyway, he wasn't a commodity to be traded away against his will.

Which left trying to rein in his behaviour a bit. If any servant of Bal-Zat could goad him so easily, he was going to have serious trouble. Nor could he expect Kelne and the others to always succeed in moderating his actions. If Jorzan wasn't genuinely willing and capable of change, in the end he'd wind up dead.

"Technically, only Belsarious and Lin are here about the abominations," Kelne pointed out in response to Astar, "And I don't think they were involved here unless Bal-Zat has one at his disposal. We've got a lot of matters to address, among them what's become of your fellow Skyknights, Belsarious. I imagine they crossed through one of the tapestries and are now stranded on the other side."


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Lin isn't quite Huge yet, but its definitely unsettling to see her scales shifting ever so slightly and despite what she thinks her changing isn't as subtle as she believes. For her its just uncomfortable, Very uncomfortable.

Kelne had Lin's full attention, the shock of his words made her sway. "Yes... The Skyknights are the few who were tasked with getting the Abominations but please elaborate Kelne... What do you mean stranded?!" Her powerful voice cracks at the last word. Her mind reeled at the thought of Min not being there in the morning. This is very bad...


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

"Largely what I say," Kelne said, waving a hand in the direction of the gazebo, "The tapestries seem to have disappeared in the wake of Ormir's death. One of those 'if I can't have them, no one will' things, perhaps. So if they went through one of them, they won't be getting back the same way. As I think on it though, they did have one of the teleportation wands with them, along with three scrolls, so they should be able to make their own way back. I expect they would have gone through that tapestry you investigated, Lin, in order to rescue the people on the other side." He avoided going into detail, feeling that the mention of suffering children might upset the children still among them. "I'm sure someone will be willing to provide spells to get in touch or scry on them if they don't return soon."

"I don't suppose anybody knows if they got the prisoners in the gems out along the way? I'd like to be sure they're free before moving on." The large pile of treasure in itself was likely worth going back for, but if those blasted gems were still intact, nobody was going to talk him out of it.

3,401 to 3,450 of 4,264 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Seer's Journey - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.