Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Seer's Journey - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

A young refugee girl, blessed by the gods with foresight, is accompanied by six warriors to one of the most dangerous places in the world, where a great hero will die.


3,351 to 3,400 of 4,258 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>

@Lin, @Tora'an, @Hurin, @Justahl: The lot of you make your way back up to the quad of the university, the flight thankfully uneventful, although there is a ship in the harbor burning, despite the pouring rain, and rescue crews are now getting to all the sinkholes to block them off. You get quickly to the top of the hill. There you see a bizarrely huge quantity of ghosts and specters and all manner of haunting entity flying around, an even HUGER quantity of ghosts and specters gathered around the corner room of one of the dorms, you see Belsarious standing over a badly wounded old man, blood dripping off his elven blade, and the tapestries you brought from Ormiria are all gone.

Justahl dismounts and starts walking to the library. "Lin, Tora'an; can you and master Hurin here find out what's going on with Belsarious? Also, what the devil is happening with all those ghosts?! I must find Van-Haera, meet up with me at the library, my friends."

With that, the paladin speeds up to a jog.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

Hummm, a hobaphobic Pegasus? Well it takes all kinds I guess. I'm not real fond of heights, but how often does a dwarf get to be a dragon rider? Besides this group seems to be the best bet for survival and at least if I am in the air I am not falling down a sinkhole.

"well if you are willing to bear two riders I am willing to take your offer. My an ancestors have sided with the Silvers in the past and your noble kind has come to our aid more than once and out of naught but friendship. You honor me with your offer for I know that not just anyone is allowed that estimed saddle!

As far as how I got here you might think I was jesting, but I swear on my beard my tale is true. I was spurred to action against Lord Orimar who was revealed to be a vampire who was using two human children as pawns in an evil scheme. I went to his keep through a dwarven gateway with some of my axe brothers to spill his blood and rescue the children. Though I never fulfilled my oath I kept my honor in trying my best to fulfill it. I fought a white dragon at the top of the grand stairway. He had the upper hand but I was selling myself dearly. Right before he did for me, I fell against a tapistry of this very city and thought to myself that I would rather be there and then here I was. A strange bit of fate, but I swear upon my mothers beard it is true!


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Belsarious is not letting the old man out of his sight, he considers the clean cut through the man's acheles heel and considers how he will be able to keep the man once the blindness is gone.

Casts detect magic and takes any magic as well as spell component pouch etc.

Considers cutting the tendons in the old archivists hands as well.

Takes note of the others arrival but focuses on the task at hand.


Male Human Cleric 9 (86/86HPs AC26 [domain spells used 0 and Normall spell used (one 1st&5thlvl). 0/10 channels used.)
Astar Dijkstra wrote:


"Greetings! This is Astar, and I was wondering if you needed assistance. There is an unusually large mass of ghosts and such gathering, in case you're unaware."

He glanced around at the absurdity piling up around him.

"I can't help but get the notion you are, though, so please open the door, or I'll have to assume the justification for entry."

-----------------------------------------------

While waving his soul collector around trying to send as many of the lost ghosts back to where they belong. Gray speaks loud enough for the man to hear. "Astar... well met.... but i'm a bit busy at the moment..

There is a long pause as he grunts in pain once more from the encounter he is having.

"You're welcome to come in. However it may not be safe for you.."


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Linguistics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Linguistics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
K geography: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Survival: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

And for language, please see OOC

Kelne, have you been investigating as well, or solely concentrating on the scroll?


I'm handwaving that Kelne can take care of the scroll and help with the investigation; I put the K(Religion) check in there 'cos I know he's got it in his skill list.


@Belsarious: The old man does not have any magic aura, and has only a couple items on his person that give off a magic aura; a ring on his left hand and an amulet he's wearing under his shirt. He lays there in pain, only-half conscious.


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

K(Religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
K(Geography): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Survival: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

Anything portable, Kelne felt, could be hauled away for the experts to examine at their convenience. To that end, he helped Jorzan with gathering up the items, once he'd organised his preparations for casting the scroll, and gave the site a thorough once-over to be sure they hadn't missed any clues.

"Alright," he said at length, "No sense cutting things close. Let's be on our way." No doubt the drow would have somebody in their ranks who'd be able to read as much from the scene as he had, but there was no helping that. Just what the people of Stormfare were going to do about the drow city beneath their feet was a cause for concern. They could ill afford another war, but whether the drow felt the same way was an open question.

Focusing his mind on the gazebo in the university quad, he set about casting the teleport spell.

Use magic device check, DC 25: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
And again: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
So close. Third time's the charm: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

Bingo. And the mishap roll. I figure the quad is in the studied carefully category by this point. 1d100 ⇒ 67


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Belsarious removes both items from the half-conscious man.

"This man hast incriminated himself attacking Grey an I both an statin he wants tha evil tah come tah pass."


@Kelne and @Jorzan: There is the distinct sideways lurch of transplanar travel and you are suddenly back in the quad, at the heart of the university, up on the hill. There's the Tower, there's Justahl walking into the Hec Salazar Memorial Library, there's Belsarious, blood dripping off his elven blade, standing over a badly wounded and whimpering old man who is also covered in glitterdust, and there's a corner room on the third floor of the staff dormitory completely mobbed by thousands of ghosts and shadows and wights and all manner of incorporeal beast.

Tora'an and Lin are here, Gray is absent, and there is a dwarf -- Kelne instantly recognizes him as a northerner and a Forgelander -- climbing down out of Lin's saddle.

Still no sign of the Skyknights.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

While happy with the loot haul, and satisfied at having gathered some very interesting, and disturbing, information, the Shadowdancer's expression and overall mood is still somber and determined due to the gravity of the situation. With Kelne's help Jorzan hastily packs everything that can fit into his haversack, leaving the remainder for them to carry in their hands.

Just before Kelne casts the spell, Jorzan takes the time to push all of the bodies into the river, hoping to deny the Drow as much information as possible. When finished he nods to the Northener.

-----------------------------

Gritting his teeth at the transplanar lurch, but getting more and more used to it, the first thing he notices are the missing Ormirian tapestries. He swears under his breath but hopes that perhaps Val-Heara took them to safety.

The next thing he sees are the hordes of undead, but he is unable to do anything about them at present and as they do not seem to pose an immediate threat, he drops them from his priority list for the moment.

He then calls out loudly to Justahl to get his attention and does a quick jog towards the silver dragon and the others. As he reaches them he calls out a polite but unemotional greeting to Lin in draconic while turning a grim look towards Belsarious and arching a curious eye at the dwarven newcomer

Draconic:
"How fare thee Lindórievórea? And what of your Skyknight companions? I see none but your odd Elf, who seems to be murdering an old man? And as well, I see you've gathered a new friend?"

In his head he feels Zan approaching closer.
------------------

Already partway down the sinkhole, Zan abruptly stop and reverses direction, once again making a bee-line for his master.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

@Jorzan in a hey wait just one darned minute tone.
"Hey wait a minute I know you! You're the guy who was chasing the fat fruit merchant Zanjor through the streets yesterday and knocked me into the gutter muck! You owe me 4 pieces of gold that you knocked out of my hand and into the storm drain! And clean pants to boot!"

Seeing that Jorzan is friends with Lin and the others he has just met he changes his tone a bit.
"Well I guess I will let you off for the pants . . . I had to burn them."

Seeing the host of undead.
"Sweet Lord of the Forge! Is there any place not overrun with the undead now days? Please tell me that the librarian here isn't a Vampire as well."


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Before the Silver can answer, the Dwarf speaks first. And so surprising to Jorzan are his words that it takes the Shadowdancer a few seconds to process them. "Wait...what? Zanjor?? You were in Olmskoldsv yesterday?? Then how..." immediately suspicious at the incredible seeming coincidence, Jorzan's hands drop to the hilts of his short swords faster than the eye can follow. Yet at the same time, a hope blooms in him, for at the moment he can only think of one possibility 'Grippen and his platoon of hardies! Perhaps they made it! But still, what would this one be doing here then, and by himself?'

His expression serious, and ready for violence at the drop of a hat, Jorzan, not giving anything away, asks the question and lets the Dwarf answer for himself. "You claim you saw me yesterday in Olmskoldsv, yet now here you stand in Stormfare, hundreds of leagues away, demanding 4 pieces of gold from me. Explain yourself." His tone makes it clear he is expecting a damn good explanation, and immediately.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

"You know darn well what I am talking about! Chasing your brother through the streets knocking over men, women and kids just because he was gettin cold feet over a stinky hairy bride! You ran me right over and knocked my LAST four pieces of gold into the gutter. As far as how I got here I could ask the same of you! But it still doesn't change the fact you owe me 4 pieces of gold.

Hurin's eyes narrow seeing Jorzan go to his blades.

Get your hands offa them goblin pokers unless you want some bloody stumps for hands! You don't see me fingerin my axe over it yet! Besides you look rediculous, you think this dragon would let me on its back if I were an enemy!"


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Lin adjusts her wings and sniffs loudly at the sudden standoff. "This one saved Justahl from a sword in the back from a villainous guardsmen so..." She suddenly notices the undead swarming a small section of the school and sits slack jawed for a moment before saying. "Well, that can't be good..." Shaking off the shock she started to look around and, after not seeing any of the skyknights, she becomes quiet.


Male Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 8 / Wizard (Scroll Scholar) 1

"Well, I'm going to come in."

Astar drew his scimitar, held it down low at his side, and brushed past the ghosts. Then he tried the doorknob, seeking entry, and hoping not to be overrun from behind by ghosts.


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

"Well, it certainly sounds as if he has your number, Jorzan," Kelne remarked, stepping in between the pair. He hadn't witnessed the altercation in question, but chasing Zanjor through the streets seemed like something Jorzan would do. Like something Zanjor would have made him do too, rather than coming quietly.

Nor was Jorzan's outburst of naked suspicion helping matters, "Let's put a hold on violence and debts for a moment, shall we? I don't suppose anybody's seen Gray? Swarms of the undead strike me as his department." He'd be interested in hearing the dwarf's story himself, but so long as he wasn't trying to sidle up and kidnap Cassandra, it could wait on other business. Kelne was reasonably sure somebody would spot any sidling before it reached a critical point.


Grumbling, but satisfied that the large man that has interposed himself has influence over Jorzan, Hurin climbs down from the Dragon. The dwarf is glad to have his feet on solid ground, regretful that the exhilaration of being a dragon rider is over, loathing that he will now have to look up at the man who is glaring at him, but also chastised that there are much more important things afoot, even more important than gold.

"I apologize lady dragon for my poor manners, I have had quite a bad day. The red dragon flight destroyed my home, livelihood and . . . Well some things that were very . . . important to me yesterday. Now I find myself here through a strange twist of fate.

However, I have now seen in one day, as you said earlier, that the entire known world has been thrust into war. I am spurred to action. If you would please collect our prisoner and bring him here so perhaps we can find some answers to what evil powers are at work here for surely more is at play here besides than thr interests of thr red and white dragon flights."


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

I had kind of been hoping that Lin would mention or confirm Hurin's story of Lord Orimir, or that Hurin would bring it up himself (I know he just told it, but Jorzan and Kelne haven't heard it yet) And sorry! I had thought Hurin had already been on the ground, that woulda changed Jorzan's actions and reactions a bit if I'd realized he was still up there. But we'll roll with it as it is

Jorzan stifles a retort of annoyance as once again Kelne tries to act as his wet nurse or protector. Did the man truly think him incapable of controlling himself? If he'd meant to attack the Dwarf the bearded midget would already be bleeding out on the ground.

The silver speaking up for the dwarf certainly carried weight, but still...and she didn't seem too concerned about her comrade murdering a defenceless old man. Perhaps these Skyknights weren't as noble as they claimed?

But regardless, he had more pressing issues. Stepping around Kelne so he can still see the Dwarf, but relaxing his aggressive stance somewhat Jorzan says "If you or Justahl claim this one helped against an enemy Lindórievórea, then I can accept that. But still" and here he turns slightly to address more so Kelne "Considering all we have experienced and, more importantly, who we have been charged to protect, do you not find it more than passing strange that this one[ here was in Olmskoldsv yesterday yet should be here now, and so conveniently close to you know who?"

His protective anger rising slightly once again he turns back to the Dwarf "I am not denying the chase, and you'll get your measly 4 gold. What I want to know, and what I am telling you to explain, Now, is how you claim to have been leagues from here yesterday yet stand before us in Stormfare right now!"

It is only after this that a small voice in his head wonders 'Hmm, yes, where Is Grey?'


Nasmarra searches her memories for any sign of this little girl. Her recollection of her previous reincarnations is fuzzy at best, like childhood stories told before bedtime. The journals of her regenerations make it easier, but they are still more akin to someone else's story than her own. Even if she had met this girl in another cycle of her life, she does not recall her now. Still, the girl may be similar to Nasmarra, changing forms and faces as easily as slipping from life to death to life.

She appraises the children slowly, taking her time with each one. The boy seems injured and healed, though more in spirit than in body. While his injuries and their source invite curiosity, the girl's mysterious words mark her as more than she appears. Nasmarra kneels before the girl, their white eyes staring at each other from inches away. Both see more than what appears in front of them, and the two stare at each other for several long moments. Without a word, she smiles and stands.

"Van-Haera, it seems that the madness that engulfs our city has drawn me from the Great Tower to the side of this young one. What would you have me do?" Her voice comes out as hardly more than a whisper, though it is completely clear what she says.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

"As a matter of fact I have no idea what you've experienced other than chasing down the applemonger and causing a disturbance with the city guard before you dragged him off someplace. It's the principal of the matter not the number of gold pieces that matter. As far as who you have as your protective charge I have no idea about that either, and would have had no idea you you had anyone in your charge if you didn't mention it out loud to everyone.

As far as how I got here I don't feel I should have to explain it to everyone I meet, especially someone who just so obviously teleported into existance, but in an effort to calm your paranoia despite my having been brought here by the Lady Dragon and being saddled behind your Paladin companion I will tell you the short short version. I was at my home minding my own damn business when the red dragon flight saw fit to drop a siege weapon stone through my house destroying it, then you knocked my last four gold pieces into the gutter, then I found out that some creation of the Aboleths destroyed my means of making a living at the docks, then I found out the Baron of Orimir was a Vampire and torturing little kids and was possibly involved indirectly in the destruction of my reality."

"So I geared up with a shock troop of my axe brothers and took a gateway to the Vampire's keep to spill his blood and rescue the kids. We did a number on the undead horrors we found there, but then the white dragon flight attacked the city as well. I fought one of the beasties at the top of the grand stair and fell, for the lack of a better term, through a tapestry and found my self here with sinkhole opening up, shadows and ghosts swirling about and an assassin trying to gut the knight here. After clobbering the coward into the dirt, I was offered a chance to join forces and a ride up to the university here to face whatever comes next. Hopefully that will not be being attacked by a paranoid wielding two long knives, whom I happened to see yesterday. And is it strange, sure is, but it is the truth.

"And if the word of the dragon isn't enough, then seek out the kid of the Librarian here, he is a half dragon and assisted in getting us into the baron's keep."


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

@Hurin and anyone else who wants to read it:
Lol, nice, way to give it to the darkly paranoid kid!. As side note, Jorzan had been speaking to Kelne when he mentioned what they've been through and who they're guarding, but yes, of course Hurin could have heard it. But I just noticed a bit of possible reality hiccup with the last bit of your story. For if Hurin noticed Karthan, then surely surely he would have noticed Jorzan talking and being all chummy with the Dwarven leader, Grippen, of the "axe brothers" group that he was a part of. Especially as he'd seen and already had a beef with Jorzan from before. Not sure how you want to roll with that? Maybe he just was at the back of the dwarven group and didn;t see Jorzan cuz they're both short while Karthan is a bean pole? ; )

Hmmm, but then that also means that Hurin likely would've seen Kelne and Justahl before as well...

Oh and I'm pretty sure Karthan didn't actually help the Dwarves get there, they took another way to Ormir castle.


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Lin, suddenly remembering that she had left the would be assassin behind turns, and after a short run, returns to the air and flies back to collect the unconscious villian.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

@Jorzan and whoever else is interested:
The scene I wrote about with the chase ends when my employer Jann interrupts my pursuit of Jorzan for the lost coins. While I am in the Tavern with Jann talking about our lost boat Jorzan takes Kevin's finger to Grippen at the gates and speaks with Larielloranna. He then "with a final nod to Grippen slips into the shadows and makes his way up the wall" to go back to the inn leaving Grippen with the finger to drum up some dwarf sympathizers. Grippen gets the dwarves worked up. Hurin goes home and suits up. That's where it gets confusing.

Karthan fails the scrying the first time. Jorzan gets castle info from Grippen and says he is off to "travel through your gate." Then Karthan says he is staying with the dwarves. They talked about communicating with the dwarves through magic and then Karthan tells team one they are going into a hot zone and casts.

Anyway we never hear from the dwarves again and there was no communication with them. The extra dimensional pocket puts all the pc's in a nearby room.

Anyway I didnt read the OOC so maybe I missed something. I thought that I had the finger but maybe I don't. Anyways I am playing it like I didn't see you there or kelnie. Maybe DRA can fill in the gaps or can hand wave (we used to call it purple mist when a reality shift happened) how he wants us to roll. I am really enjoying the interaction. So wish we could game in real time, but it is like expecting a present arriving in the mail every time I pick up the phone!


The old man that Belsarious is standing over moans and rolls his head, but remains defiant; "Not EVIL, you woods-dwelling tree-hugging backwater FOOL! GLORY! The Glory of HIM! The greatest wizard, the HOPE! Bal-Zat! I say his name, and I sing his glory! BAL-ZAT! HAHAHAHAAA!"


@Astar: You make your way ahead, both curious and unnerved by the sheer quantity of astral beings milling around you. Ducking underneath a particularly large and unpleasant-looking shadow, you enter the room and see a cleric clad in full plate armor wielding a strange scepter of some sort. By his dress you can tell instantly he is a cleric of Pharasma. He seems to be using the scepter to disintegrate or send away the ghosts and ghouls and everything else gathered in this room. However, he's currently only able to do one at a time. His grunts of pain come when ghosts eager to be sent on to their final reward gather 'round and inflict damage on him.

DC22 K(Religion):
You recognize this scepter from your studies; it is a Soul Taker or Soul Wand. It has no offensive or defensive capabilities, but can ensure a soul trapped in the astral plane is sent immediately to Pharasma. You know there is a ritual that allows a "mass transport" of souls to the Lady of Graves, which would save Gray a lot of time and trouble.

DC 25 K(Arcana) -- but ONLY if you made the K(Religion) check above:
After thinking on it, you're certain you recall the particulars of the ritual, but while Gray's holy symbol and your own component pouch get you most of the way there, the final spell requires a modicum of dragon's blood to complete, a component you do not have on hand.

You do, however, know that Van-Haera is just across the quad in the library…


Lets move this spoilered conversation to the OOC, 'kay?:
No, seriously; head to the OOC.


Lin ONLY:
You are easily able to find the unconscious purple-and-silver clad "guard", but when you pick him up your talon is immediately soaked in blood. Bending down to investigate more closely, you see that he has a massive, gaping chest wound. It looks like someone or something punched a hole through him where his heart was.


@Nasmarra: A third child comes into view, this one older than the other two and wearing the livery of a soldier of Izmir, including armor and weapons. Behind him is a rare creature; a cloud dragon. The dragon is not much older than the boy, relatively speaking. Van-Haera addresses him without turning around. "Fear not, Brook, I am certain your captain will be returning soon. Here; this is our ghost, who lives in the tower of the library. Would you like to meet her?" The head librarian then gives you a toothy, conspiratorial grin.

Without waiting for the boy's reply, she answers your question; "Nasmarra, this girl...she must get to The Wall, the hidden citadel of Gorum in the mountains of Allemagh. We have tasked a party of adventurers with her safety, but one of them, my son, can no longer travel with them, and others have been...lost. I wish to send a larger group, and one with more magical protection and power. She is a seer, gifted with True Foresight so powerful that more forces and powers and people seek her than I can count. I have no idea what they want with her, but it is not hard to guess. She needs to stay hidden and move as swiftly as possible to the northeast. More details than that you can learn from those who will be your traveling companions."

"I am working on obtaining a safe interplanar passage for all of you back to Olmskoldsv, or Pechora if I can manage it. Once there, though, you will be on your own in the wild lands south of the White Dragonhold. I...do not expect there is necessarily any reason for you to be invested in this, but I hope you will help. I will do everything in my power to make it worth your while, including restoring your old chambers in the True Tower." She looks at you hopefully.

DC25 K(History):
Unbidden, a memory leaps to mind; a description of a child -- or was this one of your past incarnations? -- who looks exactly like the boy wrapped in bandages. He was friends with another boy, an evil boy, who was colluding with the evil and murderous lightning god Khoda, and whose father locked him in another one of the towers that exists in the everywhen. An anonymous structure, fixed and permanent in time, but placed in an equally anonymous valley somewhere in the south.

The memory fades. You know there is more, but at the moment it is not coming.


Knowledge: History 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

Nasmarra stares at the girl for long moments. For her part, the girl seems minimally discomforted by the eerie intensity of the strange woman. Nasmarra keeps her eyes locked upon the seer as she speaks. "I am no mercenary, Librarian, to be swayed with a price for service. If that were the case, a greater offer might sway the purchased loyalty. No, you must protect her with believers. You must protect her with those who beloved in the rightness of this journey, motivated by a need to protect this one." She and Cassandra both smile at the same time, eyes still locked. It is difficult to tell which of the two is the more unsettling. "Your gesture is appreciated, but I decline. I will unlock my own place in the True Tower. What benefit would I have for it if it was not something I did under my own power? If it takes me many more regenerations of my life, so be it."

Seeing Van-Haera looking disappointed, she holds up a single finger. Brook looks especially transfixed as Nasmarra continues. "I will accompany her wherever she may need to go. I expect no benefit nor payment. I see what she is, and what this may mean. I have been awaiting my time to act, the purpose of this part of my life. In each reincarnation, there exists a purpose and a singular moment in which it becomes clear. This is the moment."

She kneels again to be at the seer's level. "I am Nasmarra, in my Sixteenth regeneration. I trust that you know what I am. Do you know what you are, and who you are?"


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Kelne's head snapped round at Belsarious' captive's words. After Jorzan's talk of convenience, he couldn't help a certain amusement at a further example. It did rather reinforce one's faith in divine providence.

"Bal-Zat, you say?" he asked jovially, striding over, "Excellent! A source of information!" Just how much information and how reliable was rather up in the air, but he still had a truth scroll on hand for questioning.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

Hurin thinks to himself, hummm Bal-Zat have I heard of him?

DM DRA Only:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 knowledge check for what I may know or have heard about him.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6
Hurin Sundershield SonOfHelgrud wrote:

"As a matter of fact I have no idea what you've experienced other than chasing down the applemonger and causing a disturbance with the city guard before you dragged him off someplace. It's the principal of the matter not the number of gold pieces that matter. As far as who you have as your protective charge I have no idea about that either, and would have had no idea you you had anyone in your charge if you didn't mention it out loud to everyone.

As far as how I got here I don't feel I should have to explain it to everyone I meet, especially someone who just so obviously teleported into existance, but in an effort to calm your paranoia despite my having been brought here by the Lady Dragon and being saddled behind your Paladin companion I will tell you the short short version. I was at my home minding my own damn business when the red dragon flight saw fit to drop a siege weapon stone through my house destroying it, then you knocked my last four gold pieces into the gutter, then I found out that some creation of the Aboleths destroyed my means of making a living at the docks, then I found out the Baron of Orimir was a Vampire and torturing little kids and was possibly involved indirectly in the destruction of my reality."

"So I geared up with a shock troop of my axe brothers and took a gateway to the Vampire's keep to spill his blood and rescue the kids. We did a number on the undead horrors we found there, but then the white dragon flight attacked the city as well. I fought one of the beasties at the top of the grand stair and fell, for the lack of a better term, through a tapestry and found my self here with sinkhole opening up, shadows and ghosts swirling about and an assassin trying to gut the knight here. After clobbering the coward into the dirt, I was offered a chance to join forces and a ride up to the university here to face whatever comes next. Hopefully that will not be being attacked by a paranoid wielding two long knives, whom I happened to see yesterday. And is it strange, sure is,...

The many details in the Dwarf's story make it abundantly clear that he had been, as Jorzan had hoped, a part of Grippen's crew. His aggressive demeanor instantly changing to a friendly and welcoming one, Jorzan breaks into a grin and steps forward to lay a hand on Hurin's shoulder saying "So you were a part of Grippen's bunch of hardies! Well met then friend! As you know, I am Jorzan. I apologize for my earlier stance, but I had to be sure you were who I thought you might be, and I did not want to give away and clues or information as to how you might be here, now, in Stormfare. But you must tell me! Does your being here mean that Grippen and his bunch survived and made it out of Orimir all right?"

Before Hurin can answer though, there is a shout from the old man that instantly gains Jorzan's attention and the Shadowdancer is all death and business once again. "What? Bal-zat!" and in a flash Jorzan is sprinting over to the old man and the elf. His poisoned blade out and mere inches from the old man's throat, looming over him, the shadows beginning to gather around him and barely containing his temper he growls "You! You claim yourself a follower of Him?? You dare to sing his name in glory!! I should kill you now where you lie, Fool! For you know NOTHING of what you speak! Bal-Zat is evil incarnate! He was a blight upon this land, twisting and corrupting everything he laid his eye or hand upon! EVERYTHING!"
Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

It is clear to all that Jorzan is only moments away from killing the old man.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

Watching the young human rake carefully, Hurin sees his aggressive demeanor instantly changing to a friendly and welcoming one. Jorzan breaks into a grin and steps forward to lay a hand on Hurin's shoulder saying, "So you were a part of Grippen's bunch of hardies! Well met then friend! As you know, I am Jorzan. I apologize for my earlier stance, but I had to be sure you were who I thought you might be, and I did not want to give away and clues or information as to how you might be here, now, in Stormfare. But you must tell me! Does your being here mean that Grippen and his bunch survived and made it out of Orimir all right?"

"what the heck is wrong with this kid his mood is on and off like a wenches underwear?! He doesn't want to give away any clues or information about how I got here? He practically held me at knife point demanding to know my story not once, but twice!"

"Okay, okay then, no need to get touchy feely. Apology accepted an all that. I was with Grippen when we initially went in to the keep, but in all the fighting I got separated. I am guessing unless they found some other way out there are going to be few survivors. The Wolfguard and undead were fearsome enough then with the Battalion of Reds and their white dragon allies arriving towards the end, I would have to imagine they would be hard pressed, but never underestimate a few dwarves and their axes when there's slaying to be done! Ido know they could not use the gate again for 24 hours though, but then again we knew that going in."

Before Hurin can speak further though, there is a shout from the old man bleeding on the ground that instantly gains Jorzan's attention and the Shadowdancer is all death and business once again. "What? Bal-zat!" and in a flash Jorzan is sprinting over to the old man and the elf. His poisoned blade out and mere inches from the old man's throat, looming over him, the shadows beginning to gather around him and barely containing his temper he growls at the man spouting death threats.

Hurin looks in turn to Sir Justal and the big fighter "That boy is knitting with only one needle. Does he greet everyone like this? First he wants to kill me, then he acts like he wants to kiss me and now he is going to execute that old man right in front of us."

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 perception check

"Hey, is that blade poisoned! What in the 9 Hells! Now there are shadows pouring out of him!"

Hurin slips the darkwood shield into position and draws his massive rune worked waraxe from its straps.


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Lin looks around suspiciously for a blood trial or an indication as to where the corrupt guardsmen's murder could have gone.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

If she doesn't see anything~ ;)

Lin grabs the corpse up and carries it back with her to the quad. About half way there though a strange tightness started locking up her muscles, from her neck to her tail bone. She lands heavily and deposits the corpse at everyone's feet. "We need to find that demon... it may have been the culprit but to leave it running around is unacceptable." Anyone looking at the corpse will easily see that the man's heart has been ripped out of his chest and that Lin is only bloody from where she had been carrying him.

Please don't respond to my post to quickly, as it would take her awhile to get back upto the quad. I will let DRA insert me as he wants ^^; lol


Male Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 8 / Wizard (Scroll Scholar) 1

Astar surveyed the scene, not entirely sure what to make of the cleric's plight.

(Religion) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

"Aha, doing your chosen work, eh? You know, not to tell you your business, I believe you could finish this up fairly quickly if you were using one of the upscaled variants of that technique. People are trying to sleep, I think, right?"

(Arcana) 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20

The theory of the ritual was simple enough, but given the layers of practical technique required, Astar couldn't feel certain he'd fare any better at the task. Best to leave the cleric to handle it, though he couldn't help but want to apply a bit of mental jostling.

"Are you not familiar with that one?"

Regardless, this was quite an absurd sight, and since the cleric was so dead-set (Astar mockingly chastised himself for even thinking such a gauche pun) on this, he might as well enjoy the show, and make sure no one was irrevocably harmed.


Lin ONLY:
Looking around, you see a thick blood trail leading back into the pit where you initially saw the daemon. There's no sign of the monster, though, nor of anyone else except all the rescue and repair crews that are starting to pour out of various buildings and work to repair the city.


The old man looks rapturously up at Jorzan. "You! YYYOUUU! YOU are one of the CHOSEN! YOU are HIM and HE is YOU! Yes! YES! You are of his flesh. The purple and silver run in your veins, oh it's all true! If only we could find the pentacouer! It could all still come to pass. It is too late for those Beneath, but the Great Confluence is coming and then -- THEN! THEN HE SHALL RISE!" The old archivist gazes up at Jorzan like the young rogue is a demi-god. "You are CHOSEN! REJOICE!"


Gray Faith check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Gray caster level check: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21

Gray looks at Astar, clearly confused. "Upscale var- what are you talking abou-" the cleric is cut off by a rush of memory and knowledge; the Ghost Flower, now he remembers.

Feeling momentarily silly but glad for Astar's intervention, the armored cleric falls to his knees and begins fervently to pray, then smashes the Soul Wand against the floor where it explodes outward in a blossoming of shadow that envelopes the room, stealing all light and sense of time and sense of space. When the shadow clears, Astar and Gray are the only beings left in the room; every single ghost is gone, as is the Soul Wand.

Sorry; little DM intervention to keep this bit moving along. You two are free to carry on as you wish at this point.


@Gray: From outside in the quad you hear voices. Dimly you can make out Jorzan and Lin and Kelne and Belsarious.


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

"Jorzan!" Kelne snapped, "If you kill the source of information, we're not getting you another one." Perhaps not the most diplomatic way to phrase it, but if his statement distracted the rogue from his all-consuming rage for a few moments by getting him ticked off at Kelne, that would do.

"Not that I'm against bloody vengeance, you understand," he added after a moment in milder tones, "But this one's hardly at the top of your list, and he might be useful."

For the moment, his full attention was on Jorzan. He'd definitely have a word with Hurin as soon as the crises abated, but at this rate that would be sometime tomorrow. At least the wraiths and spirits seemed to have disappeared. Rather abruptly too, come to think of it. He'd definitely have to have a word with Gray about that. And check what had happened to the Skyknights. And whether they'd freed the prisoners. And let somebody in authority know about the city of drow. Sweet Callistria, he was busy today.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Sir Justahl smiled to hear that at least one of the Dwarven company survived; and who knew, perhaps they managed to escape the reduction of Baron Ormir's citadel.
But he was most startled at Jorzan's violent reaction to the ravings of that old man. He looked like he was going to...
Striding forward, Justahl locked his hand around Jorzan's arm and spun him around.
He locked his flinty gaze with Jorzan and simply said "No."
"You will not simply murder some old man in a fit of rage. You understand?"


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"Indeed this man attacked Grey and I as we sought information, Grey remains bound within sorcerous shackles of the mind. This man will either die here and now by my hand or I will turn him over to another for trial, yet trials can not await since now we hast tribulation."

Readies his blade to strike the final blow upon the old man.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

Hurin is trying to size up the situation and those involved.

”Oh great a homicidal manic human and a creepy weird talking elf now talking about killing the crazy old bastard. That Kelne guy seems to have some restraint SENSE MOTIVE 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27Hummm, I think he is trying to work the kid a bit, and maybe is is playing good constable bad constable here a bit too. I think that one has a good head on his shoulders. The Paladin Justal seems to be on the up and up, and I sure as hell wish that dragon was still here because she would definitely be a calming influence. What was it the creepy elf was saying? I freaking hate riddle speak. Well if he is going to kill him before we get any information I should try and help the Paladin out.

"Hold on there elf, I am honestly not sure what the hell you said through all that tangled tongue talking, but hopefully you were saying that you recognized that the Paladin here represents law and order and were respecting his want to take this man here to trial. The big guy over here(pointing to Kelne)is right with all the death and destruction going on information would be a lot more useful, although maybe a little less satisfying, than whacking this crippled old man right here. Besides if you want to see some bloody justice, if this guy decides he's not going to talk I am betting someone at this university has a way of probing his brain and other stuff that won't be especially pleasant."

Hurin is watching very closely as he walks over to the group and downed man in case he has to take some action, including watching the old man because magic users can be shifty buggers.


As Hurin and Kelne and Justahl try to keep Belsarious and Jorzan from slaying the old arhivist, he just continues to stare rapturously up at Jorzan, as if waiting for the rogue to make some kind of pronouncement or something. It's more than a bit unsettling.

DC15 Heal check:
If the old man doesn't get some medical attention soon, he's going to bleed to death.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

heal check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
"looks like he's going to bleed out soon and all this huffing and puffing is going to mean nothing unless someone has a potion or you heal him Justal."

Looking between Jorzan and the old man and making a connection.

"Jorzan, this man knows you to be the choosen have him tell you the plan. What was he to do next? What has yet to happen? What other plans are in motion? Have him demonstrate his loyalty to you so that you can use him!"


Male Human Cleric 9 (86/86HPs AC26 [domain spells used 0 and Normall spell used (one 1st&5thlvl). 0/10 channels used.)

Looking up to Astar from his knees after a sigh of relief.
"Thank you stranger, it seems the panic had me over whelmed. I am in your debt."

Hearing the voices from outside Gray walks to the window and looks to see who is out there. Opening the window he whistle loudly to get their attention.

"I'm glad to see you guys are ok... Why don't you all come up here for a talk.

Looking back to Astar with his normal grim look on his face.
I need to tend my wounds. Can you go down there and ask them to come up here. or at least ask them if the old man Belsarious was chassing has been sent to the library yet? I feel the need to have to stay in this room awhile.

Gray begins to dig through his bags to find the proper spell components he needs. this might take afew minutes

After a minute of looking in bag after bag in bag, he find what he needs. pouring the diamond dust in hand he closes his eyes and casts restoration.
casting time also a minute


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

As the insane old man gazes up at him and spouts his mad rhetoric, Jorzan can feel his own sanity slipping as the rage and darkness within him rises. As if with a will of his own, his blade inches closer to the old man's throat until the tip has pricked his skin and brought a bright ruby red gem of blood to the surface. It is at this moment that Kelne's yell and speech, and a few seconds later Justahl's words and physical intervention arrive just in time to, perhaps, save the old man's life.

Jorzan Will save DC19: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Yet it is not enough. Not nearly enough. The words, the horrible words of the old man and their possible meaning have squirmed into the Shadowdancer's brain like cancerous worms. The memories begin to return, the tortures, the darkness, the pain, the fear, the friends lost, the absolute death of hope... memories of, Him. All the many bits of information he has heard and discovered over the past many weeks, all leading, taunting him in the same direction. All the insinuation that he was of Bal-zat's flesh, that somehow, through the Wizard's dark, and twisted and evil manipulations, he has connected them somehow. The very thought that he could have anything of that vilest of monsters in his blood pushes Jorzan over the edge.

"NO!! I am NOT him! Shut your mouth! Shut your FILTHY, LYING, MOUTH! I'll KILL YOU for your LIES!!"

And, using all his strength and agility, he tries to twist out of the Paladine's powerful grasp and drive his sword into the old man's throat.
Escape Artist: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

I'm sorry Justahl, but I'm afraid we'll need an opposed grapple check here. We'll grant that Justahl was able to initially grab Jorzan without issue, as he was distracted and didn't perceive Justahl as an enemy. But now it's unfortunately a different story. Also, remember he's got two swords (plus other weapons) and two arms to use them with! This is, of course, if it's all ok by You DRA?


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

Ugh darn it I was expecting this!"

Hurin drops the axe and puts both hands on the shield when Jorzan starts to struggle with the Paladin. With regret he decides to take action, because grappling with the poison blade wielding man would be dumb and reason doesn't seem to be working. This is kind of a serious situation and may be deadly if Hurin fails so he spends an extra hero point to gain an extra attack to subdue.

All attacks are to subdue.
"Put! first shield bash
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
1d8 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24

"the weapon!" second shield bash
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
1d8 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26

"down!" bonus attack shield bash
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
1d8 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22

"Snap out of it!" boot stomp
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Hurin shows his open hand to Kelne, "sorry but I couldnt let him do that! Elf we are going to let the paladin take this man in right!?


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Ah, not to nitpick or anything, but if Hurin or anyone else is joining the fray, should there perhaps be an Init roll first?

3,351 to 3,400 of 4,258 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Seer's Journey - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.