Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Seer's Journey - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

A young refugee girl, blessed by the gods with foresight, is accompanied by six warriors to one of the most dangerous places in the world, where a great hero will die.


3,251 to 3,300 of 4,264 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>

@Belsarious: Pausing to use a detection spell, you are able to spy a faint glamer on one of the inebriated students. Your friend, no doubt, trying to mask his presence and the presence of the glitter.


@Gray: Just as you breathe a sigh of relief, there is a hissing noise and then the room explodes all around you in a desperate cacophony of ghosts; spirits, wraiths, ghouls, shadows, seemingly every type of incorporeal horror is swirling around you, trying to touch the Soul Collector, yelling or whispering or shrieking at you in a hideous cacophony of unliving voices, all seeking to be sent on to their Final Rest and knowing that you are the key, but not knowing how or why.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Seeming to finally be convinced that he'll find nothing of value or interest amongst the corpses, Jorzan makes his way over to the others in time to hear the conversation about the woman.

Nodding he chimes in "This medallion still wants to very much head deeper into the hole, but I'm not so sure I want to be where it wants to end up. The woman is likely a trap, you're both right, but then again, it might not be, let's go find out."

And with nothing but quick and concerned look up at the big hole above them, the Shadowdancer wraps the darkness around himself and quietly slides down the corridor, eyes peeled for any sign of danger, his darkvision allowing him to proceed without any need for light.

Stealth: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Meanwhile Zan, incapable of feeling fear, merely regards the deamon in turn, no expression visible on his countenance. He then turns to the Paladine and seems to be waiting for the knight to do...something.


Quiet as is his usual wont, Tora'an shadows Lin protectively, seeing and hearnng all she sees and hears, his sharp senses peeled for any sign of danger or item of note, his nose twitching as he scents for any evil emanations.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"You there stop!"


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Unable to pull the student to safety the first time (had a bad grip), Sir Justahl shouts "Hang on! and tries again to haul the student up and over to safety.
Strength check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


@Jorzan: just want to make sure, did you see this spoilered post directed to you and you only?


Tora'an only:
You smell the unmistakably cold and deathly smell of Enhathladi fire. It's faint, but definitely there. You are not sure if any of the others are aware of this. You can also smell a wild, humic scent from one of the open doorways.


@Belsarious: Three of the drunks turn sloppily around to look at you, but the fourth -- the one you're after -- yells in frustration and starts to run towards one of the lecture halls, trailing glitter as he goes. "Damn your eyes, wood elf! You won't catch me! I'll see Him resurrected, I'll see His glory and power restored!"


@Jorzan and @Kelne: you approach the doorway from which you hear the sound of a woman sobbing. The stairwell here is dark, but it doesn't seem to be overly long as a bit of light from whatever room is at the other end is filtering through and providing at least low-light illumination. The leader of the crew of paladine hails you just as you enter; "Sirs, we will remain here. As you point out, we are not the stealthiest of warriors, but you should you require aid, simply call for it." They take up a position around the doorway, peering cautiously in. The hall is narrow enough that neither Lin nor Tora'an could fit, so they will have to remain behind for the time being.

You climb carefully, quietly, down the stairs, and something strikes you as odd about the sobbing noises once you get towards the end of the stairs. They sound more and more like a humanoid woman, but they are loud, and deep, as if the woman were huge...

Stopping at the end to peek around the corner, you see a massive room, very similar to the one you just left but with no hole in the floor (or ceiling). The room is completely empty and devoid of life, and lit by very large torches, allowing you to take in the frescoes on the walls and ceiling. There is another small, humanoid-sized doorway about 50' to your left that appears to have more stairs going down, similar to the ones you just used. At the far end is a mammoth archway leading into another room of similar size, and it is in this room that you see the woman; she is an Elysian Titan, and she appears to be looking at or reading something on the ceiling, crying as she does so, her enormous warhammer sitting on the ground next to her, its head covered with dust and blood.


@Justahl: This time your grip is sure, and you easily pull the student up to safety. As you are doing so, though, the daemon fires at you again, this time unloading a pair of arrows your way:

1d20 + 18 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 18 - 4 = 15
1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 13 - 4 = 28
Critical fail cancels the hit.

Once again, though, the Inheritor is looking over you and sends one of the arrows caroming off the edge of the pit and back in the daemon's face, forcing its next shot to go wide. What extraordinary luck! With that miss, and with one student safe, you can move on to the other one that's still hanging on.

Just a DC10 STR check will suffice...


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

DRA:

Ah yes thanks, even though I mentioned the medallion in Jorzan's last post, for some reason I completely missed the bit about the feathers, and didn't make all the proper connections with Justahl's situation. Thanks!

Slight Retcon

As he comes over to join the others he opens his palm to display a couple of burnt cardinal feathers, explaining "I'm not sure when it happened, but it seems there was a fairly massive explosion here." He is fairly surprised when, of all things, the Pegasus concurs with him, adding in it's deep, unique voice

[i]Yes. Was Enhathladi Fire. Not long ago. I can still smell it."

Then, after mentioning the medallion and agreeing to check out the weeping, just before he enters the tunnel he glances sharply up at the massive hole in the sky "Lin! There's a deamon up there, and I believe it may be near Justahl! He may need your help!"

Then, nodding his thanks to the Paladine he enters the passageway.

More to follow later


Toran spends a few moments trying to identify exactly where the scent of the Enhathladi fire may have come from, and as well, exactly which door the wild, humic scent comes from, and trying to determine what it may be.

When the shadowy human gives alarm to the presence of a Daemon, looking up and snorting a furious challenge, the celestial Pegasaus Lord rockets upwards to confront one of his mortal enemies.

120' Fly speed, double move upwards. 'Run' is not possible in this situation, correct?


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Well, it definitely hadn't been an ordinary crying woman, but despite the blood-smeared hammer, Kelne didn't think she was going to be automatically hostile. Nevertheless, caution was called for. He advanced as far as the large doorway before halting and calling out, "Madam? What has happened here?"


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Jorzan nods to himself in approval, getting over his initial shock at seeing the gargantuan and nearly godlike being. For despite her size, she still seemed to be a damsel in disatress. Also stepping out, he follows Kelne's lead, adding "We heard your weeping and came to investigate. Are all right? Is there any way we might help?


Male Human Cleric 9 (86/86HPs AC26 [domain spells used 0 and Normall spell used (one 1st&5thlvl). 0/10 channels used.)

Gray's eyes widen as he sees the souls converge to him.

Hold out the specter to the closest spirit and closes his eyes and says a silent prayer to himself.

Eyes still closed he speaks. "Come the specter.. One at a time.. and you will be sent to your home."

Reaching out to the closest soul he touches the rod to it. Seeing it get sent to Pharasma's embrace like the first he begins to sending them all back to which they belong.


Tora'an- Celestial Pegasus Lord wrote:
120' Fly speed, double move upwards. 'Run' is not possible in this situation, correct?

Well, since Tora'an is a pegasus and therefore not using the Fly spell, I would assume he can "run" as an FRA as long as the usual rules are met i.e., no other action taken, straight line, no obstacles, etc. Having a hard time finding any ruling one way or the other, though.


@Kelne and @Jorzan: The titan sniffles and turns to look at you, her long hair obscuring one eye, but the other one clearly wet with tears. "Mortals! Ach, y'are everywhere today! I'm 'preciative of yer offer, but I fear there's naught you can do fer me. I fulfilled my part of an old foretelling, but now I fear that foretelling was wrong, and things've changed for the worse, and I've got to leave now and there'll be none of my kind here to help any of yez when things really get bad..." She trails off and shakes her head, then points back up the way you came. "The stairs're no good fer ya. You'll be wantin' to just jump down the pit. Fastest way I reckon. But you'd best hurry!" Suddenly she grins fiercely, insanely, and her one visible eye flashes as if she were a wild thing. "The City Under's gonna find him right quick, and you don't want to be around when that happens, do ya?"

The titan starts to sort of shimmer before your eyes. She gives Jorzan a salacious look and points at his pocket, where the amulet is tugging and jumping in a quite visible manner. "I see at least part of you is rarin' to go, young man. A-hawhawhawww!"


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Seeing the man break away from the others, Belsarious attempts another glitterdust....

"I will cut off your legs when I do catch you!"


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Lin waits quietly in the main hall allowing Jorzan and Kelne to do their exploration.


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

More prophecy. Simply wonderful. And prophecy which demonstrated the dangers of relying on it overmuch. The advice, however, he felt was sound. Something was tugging at the amulet, and he very much wanted to know what it was.

"Thank you for the advice," Kelne said, "I believe we'll take it. The best of luck in your endeavours." With that, he turned and headed back towards the pit.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Having hauled the first student clear, Sir Justahl doesn't hesitate in Laying On Hands, curing 4d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 3, 2) = 13 points of damage; the Mercy will also eliminate any Shaken or Diseased (CL8) conditions.
After that, he will immediately lunge forward to pull the second student up.
Strength Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 hauling her up handily as well.
He Lays On Hands, curing 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 3, 6) = 16 points of damage; the Mercy will also eliminate any Shaken or Diseased (CL8) conditions.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Wait a sec Kelne. DRA, as we're underneath the room where Lin is, wouldn't the pit be continuing through this room as well? Or is that in a different area from where we are now?


Jorzan wrote:
Wait a sec Kelne. DRA, as we're underneath the room where Lin is, wouldn't the pit be continuing through this room as well? Or is that in a different area from where we are now?

No, Kelne is correct; the stairs sent you down at a diagonal, so to get back to the pit you either need to go over one room at this level (which is possible), or just go back up to the room you started in.


@Justahl: Frustrated by its lack of success with its bow, the daemon shoulders that weapon and flies up at you just as you're starting to haul the other student up. It grabs the young lady by the ankles and then, using its flying ability, starts tugging downwards, against you; she screams in pain as her arms are damn near torn from the sockets and you are jerked forward, held in place only by the other students, who struggle to hold you still.

Tears are streaming down the co-ed's face and she is grimacing in pain. She whispers to you desperately; "...sir...please, just let me go...let me die...the pain...i can't take this...please...it hurts..." The daemon snickers and continues to pull, clearly enjoying itself.

Here's an opposed STR check for you to beat if you want to try to pull her up; 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


@Belsarious: The Archivist swears at you as your magic once again blooms around him...

Archivist DC17 Will vs. Blinding: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

...and this time he is blinded. With a shriek he falls to the soaking wet ground, clawing at his eyes and cursing your name.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Moves in rapidly and hamstrings the man with his sword.

"You will see nothing! When I cut out your eyes!"

"Why would you desire to see the rise of evil?"


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

As the daemon pulls against the young student, Zan floats over to the abyssal creature and touches it.
Touch Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Dex damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Holding on to it as tight as he can, Jorzan pulls the medallion out of his pocket and holds it up asking the titan "If you truly wish to help us, start by telling me, what do you know of this thing?"


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Sir Justahl winced in sympathy, but there was no way he was letting the girl go with that thing.
Strength check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Totally missed Toar'an moving away lol!

Lin stands up and doesn't have time to ask what is wrong before Toar'an speeds off. She looks to the Paladine and nods to them. "Forgive me, I must assist my comrade."[/b] With that she starts to run to catch up, running hard to gain the speed she needed to take off.

If the room is too small she may not be able to take off. >.<; Can't wait for 9th level xD!


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Ah, was wonderig about that Corerue, you must have also missed Jorzan saying there was a Daemon up there


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

bunp!


@Belsarious: The old man screams in horrified pain as your elven blade slices through his skin. The inebriated students around him yell in confusion and scatter before your wild might.

"What are you talking about? Evil?! AAAAAAAA, my LEGS! You're INSANE! What ARE You?!" he is shrieking and blubbering in pain, writhing on the ground, covered with glitter and soaked from the rain. Sensing his agony, a pair of shades land by you and hungrily lick their overly-large mouths with disgusting and serpentine tongues.

Before you can reply, there is a loud hissing and a high-pitched singing sound. You look up at the building where you and Gray originally found this old trickster and you see it is completely mobbed by hundreds -- thousands -- of ghosts and spirits and shades and wights, all manner of dead and undead.

Gray is all alone up there.


@Jorzan: The Titan looks at you wide-eyed, startled by your audacity, then roars in laughter. She picks up her hammer and smiles like a knife. "OHHOHOHOHAHAHAHAHAA! I've killed men for less, you know, talking to me so presumptuously, but ye've broken my sad spell, and I value that. Now; lad, I've no idea what that thing is, and no idea why you think I would. It's pretty, I'll grant you that, but seems a bit lively for my tastes or good sense. Any jewelry dancing a jig like that, well, y'best be flinging it into the ocean first chance y'get. Ain't no good come of a thing like that, leastways not for a lad like you, you understand me? That advice is for free."


@Zan and @Justahl: The Leukodaemon lets loose a spine-scraping shriek as Zan strikes it, though it is a sound made as much out of surprise as pain since the daemon clearly did not expect the Shadow to attack it. In fury, it turns its horrid corpse-head and unleashes a blast of corpse-bloated biting black flies up at Zan that actually hurt the Shadow.

Through it all, it does not release the girl, pulling against the straining Justahl.

Zan takes 4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 4, 3) = 15 damage, DC21 reflex for half. This is an Su so it does half damage on incorporeal things (normal damage is 8d6)


@Hurin: What the hell was going on in this city? You had been hoping to get a good night's sleep when explosions and rumblings and storms and earthquakes and who-knows-what-else started shaking your bed and didn't let up. Grumbling, you got up and armed and armored yourself, heading into the pouring rain and black of night in the hopes of either helping put an end to things, or barring that help the city guard in rescue and repair. Anything to put an end to it all early!

But now, tramping around the rain-slicked cobbles of the sleeping city, you are horrified as you see massive sinkholes opening up, a horde of ghosts in the distance shooting down towards the university, and now, as you turn a corner, you spot five young humans holding onto the armored legs of a sellsword or something as he hangs himself over the ledge of a pit -- a rescue, no doubt -- but none of them see that a seventh person, a man dressed in purple in silver, is stepping silently up behind them, sword drawn and raised, looking as if he is about to plunge that sword into the sellsword's back!

This is all happening 30' away from you. Assume you have whatever armor and arms you would normally have on your person when walking around a new city.


@Gray: One by one you begin to send the ghosts on, but they are mindless, most of them, and do not understand "patience" or "single file". As such, they begin to damage you. Just a little at first, but it begins to add up. Shades and shadows, ghosts and ghouls, their gathering around is starting to tear away at your soul.

Take 1d6 ⇒ 2 STR damage and 1d6 ⇒ 4 DEX damage and 1d6 ⇒ 6 WIS damage. DC19 Will save to halve the damage, but the minimum for each is 1.


@Astar: Having spent the day in the always-lovely facilities of the Hec Salazar Memorial Library of Stormfare University, you are up late in your room in the staff dormitory, as usual, working on a monograph and enjoying a truly magnificent cup of coffee, when you are startled by the passage right through your wall by a cluster of incorporeal beings. There are several of them, all in a line, traveling straight back in a grim procession, where they vanish through the back wall. They pay you no heed, so focused are they on whatever their destination is. You recognize a couple different types of spirit. They have no sooner passed than several more do the same thing, then several more, then there begins a veritable parade of the things, all moving at a decent clip, all of them ignoring you.

From somewhere down the hall, in the direction these things are moving, you hear a grunt of pain from someone, and a clarion prayer to Pharasma.


@Lin and @Tora'an: The two of you race up out of the pit and begin heading towards where you believe Zan to be. It doesn't take long to locate another sinkhole (of several that have opened up in the city) where you see a sellsword hanging over the edge, five students clinging to his legs to hold him still while he plays tug-of-war with a Leukodaemon, using a sixth student's body as the rope!

As you fly down towards them, the Daemon turns its head and unleashes its horrible breath weapon at...something...a shadow...Zan?!

You both get a surprise round attack on the Leukodaemon. So, just assume you can get there, and then you get a single SA to attack the thing. You do not yet see the guy sneaking up on Justahl, or Hurin sneaking up on the guy.


@Nasmarra: The city is a shambles. From the Great Tower of the Hec Salazar Memorial Library, you watch.

You watch as a Power of some sort, located in the northeast, launches an arcane attack against...some Thing you cannot see.

You watch as a thousand ghosts and ghouls and shades and shadows fly forth and swarm to a corner room in the staff dorm.

You watch as a wood elf cuts a man down right in the middle of the quad.

While it is good to have the view you have, you chafe at the limitations placed on you by the mighty Van-Haera, the ancient brass dragon that is the keeper of this great place, and one of a very small number of beings who knows who and what you are. (You note with some amusement, though, that the clever brass does not let anyone else in on the secret, and indeed seems to relish watching others get spooked by your presence. Dragons!) Ever since certain events occurred, none are allowed in the center of the tower -- the True Tower -- without escort or explicit permission signed by three Department Heads, or both. So it is from your room on the outer wall of the tower that you see all these things.

The True Tower, you know, is ageless and un-aging; it is fixed and immobile in time, existing in everywhen. This is not one of the great secrets of this age, but you wonder how many alive today know that there once were many of these places. You wonder if it is written anywhere save the recently-stolen Fen's Omnibus the locations of the other towers and obelisks and monuments that are alive in everywhen. As the Enhathladi say; "All Lands are One Land". How many alive remember this, or understand its true meaning?

From outside, a knock. A low voice, that of one of the Warbanian elite guards assigned to this place, speaks your name. "Miss Nasmarra, sorry to disturb you, but the Librarian requests your presence, if you will see her. She asks you meet her in her chambers under the library."


Male Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 8 / Wizard (Scroll Scholar) 1

This was certainly an interesting set of phenomena, and for a moment as Astar pondered the ghostly procession, he considered the comedy implication of staring at his mug in faux-shock, blinking, and tossing it over his shoulder. This was followed by a pang of curiosity, regarding the ability for non-corporeal beings to truly perceive 'humor'. He drew his mind back to the issue at hand: was this a true danger, a simple prank, an exotic spell gone wrong? He stood, calmly draining the remainder of his mug and scrutinizing the ghosts. Without them responding to greetings in a handful of languages, a more thorough investigation seemed to be fair enough game. Feeling that this may be an all nighter (though sleep had meant little to him for years- he'd even removed his bed in favor of space for an extra bookshelf and work table. A comfy chair was good enough for cat naps.), he considered brewing a cup for the road. No, time was important here, almost certainly.

He pulled his scimitar off of the coatrack, where it hung by a cord. Its curved scabbard read "Sentiment" in common, in script that was blatantly, mockingly ornate. After he fixed it to his belt, he donned his long blue coat (with faint gold piping along the sleeves and shoulders!) and similarly patterned hat, with its wide circular brim. He scooped up his 'job bag' and slung it onto his back, knowing that being overly cautious when it came to preparations had rarely failed him.

He waited for a break in the ghastly chain to cross his own room to the door, and slipped out into the hall after quietly locking the door. He idly considered the ethical requirements of personal privacy with regards to non-corporeality, while trying to guess at exactly where these lost souls were headed, if indeed they had a destination. The sound of someone still (hopefully) living being injured overrode this line of thought, and he hurried in that direction.


@Astar: The hallway is darker than usual, due no doubt to the ghastly astral presences about and the extremely poor weather outside blocking all starlight and moonlight. Some of the braziers and torches that usually lit the quad seemed to be extinguished, as well.

As you pass the stairwell, you note that the room at the far end of the hall seems to be where the ghosts are all congregating. Dozens and dozens of them are all about, some half-stuck in the floor or wall, some floating in the air, many overlapping each other, and all groping towards the room. From behind that room's closed door you hear another grunt of pain and now a constant muttering of prayers to the Dark Lady of the Dead; Pharasma.

DC16 Perception, Astar only:
As you walk past the stairs, you note a faint gleam on the floor. Pausing to investigate, you recognize immediately the shiny, sparkly remains of a Glitterdust spell on the floor and trailing down the stairs. Had there been any light, you would have spotted it instantly, but the combination of darkness and ghostly movements had you momentarily distracted.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

A part of his mind quails to see the deadly smile of the Titan and gibbers to him 'What are you doing? She is like unto a God and you Demand she...' "Quiet." he silently and calmly commands that part of his mind. For the young rogue was nothing if not bold, and truly there were very few things which could cause any real fear in him.

He glanced at the medallion, why did he still have it? He knew she was right, he knew it was dangerous, and yet sill, something...perhaps it was just the mystery. Or perhaps it was that the thing badly wanted to be somewhere, or someone badly wanted the thing, and he, Jorzan, was just too stubborn to let that reunion happen without his having his say in the matter. He had carried it this far, he'd do so a little longer and damn the consequences.

Smiling widely, he shoves the medallion firmly back in his pocket and then bows grandly, removing an imaginary hat as he says "You have my thanks, my lady, for your warning and advice, and believe me, I shall not ignore it. And you are most welcome, for it is my great pleasure for whatever small hand I may have played in ending your tears and bringing such a beautiful smile to your radiant face. However, though nothing would please me more than to remain in your charming company, I must depart, for my companions need me and lives are likely at stake. Perhaps we shall meet again? Until then, know that I, Jorzan, Shadowdancer, shall always be at your service and in your debt. Farewell fair damsel!" and with a final rakish grin ad wink, he turns and hurries up the stairs after Kelne.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Sense Motive for her intentions or honesty in her warning: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29


Jorzan only:
As far as you can tell, she is being completely straight and honest with you on all counts.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Reflex vs DC15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Managing to avoid the worst of the damage from the Daemon's attack, and not able to feel pain in the normal, mortal sense, Zan still hisses quietly as some of his shadowy essence is destroyed.

Feeling no emotion over the matter, he simply reaches out and touches the evil creature once again.

Touch attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Dex damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Additional Dex damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


@Jorzan and @Kelne: As you head back up the way you came, the waiting paladine of Izmir seem to let out a collective sigh of relief. "What news, captains? What did you find? Both the pegasus and dragon have departed to assist elsewhere."

The medallion is tugging so hard at this point that its movements are clear to everyone, though none of the other soldiers make any comment.


Male Human Cleric 9 (86/86HPs AC26 [domain spells used 0 and Normall spell used (one 1st&5thlvl). 0/10 channels used.)
DM Downrightamazed wrote:

@Gray: One by one you begin to send the ghosts on, but they are mindless, most of them, and do not understand "patience" or "single file". As such, they begin to damage you. Just a little at first, but it begins to add up. Shades and shadows, ghosts and ghouls, their gathering around is starting to tear away at your soul.

Take 1d6 STR damage and 1d6 DEX damage and 1d6 WIS damage. DC19 Will save to halve the damage, but the minimum for each is 1.

----------------------

Will Save. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 = pass

----------------------

Cringing in pain Gray keeps his focus.
faith check with hero point
1d20 + 3 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 8 = 24
----------------------

"Pharasma open your arms to these lost souls, Guide them to safety of the grave.
Thinking to himself he might not be able to hold out much longer he hopes this doesn't last much longer.


As he sees the evil outsider already toying cruelly with the mortals it faces, Tora'an , filled with Holy rage, roars a righteous challange and dive bombs into the attack, his powerful teeth seeking to rip out part of the daemon's flesh as he flies on by.
Flyby Smite Evil attack: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d3 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 5 = 14


@Gray: I had already rolled the damage. You take 1 STR, 2 DEX, and 3 WIS after your successful save.


Male Human Cleric 9 (86/86HPs AC26 [domain spells used 0 and Normall spell used (one 1st&5thlvl). 0/10 channels used.)

@DRA ahh right on.. sorry i missed it. will update now

3,251 to 3,300 of 4,264 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Seer's Journey - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.