Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Seer's Journey - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

A young refugee girl, blessed by the gods with foresight, is accompanied by six warriors to one of the most dangerous places in the world, where a great hero will die.


3,051 to 3,100 of 4,262 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Weathering the sonic blast unharmed Jorzan, senses on high alert, notices everything around him; the medallion shooting down the hall, the thralls shaking off Ormir's domination, but at the moment he is most concerned with what is still going on in the coffin and takes another close look. Wiping bits of the count off himself, in an urgent tone he asks the sorcerer "[Karthan! What do you make of these things? Can we do anything about them? Should we destroy them? Or should we just run?"

Hey, here's a question- anyone know what would happen if an explosion went off in an pocket-dimension, like say a bag of holding?


Male Half-Orc Sorcerer, 8th, Brass Draconic Bloodine

I am back - I will note that both of those fireballs were missing the following things:

1 extra die (Karthan has Magical Heritage with that spell)
+13 damage for Bloodline and Favored Class bonuses. Would it have made a difference?


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Status:

AC 29-- TouchAC 12-- Flat-FootedAC 28 ... CMD: 25
CURRENT HP 90 (100%)
CONDITION: Nominal
...SPELLS...
Enlarge Person (9 rounds)-- +2 ST, -2 DX, -1 to hit, -1 AC, large wpn damage.
Haste (15 rounds)-- extra full round attk, +1 to hit, +1 AC and Ref saves, +30ft movement.
Protection from Evil (78 rounds)-- +2 Deflection bonus to AC, +2 resistance bonus to Saves
Hide from Undead (98 rounds)

When the Baron is revealed, the silver fire blazes forth from Sir Justahl. When the splatter hits him, it tends to roll off leaving him unmarked, before the aura gutters out.
Noting the medallion rolling out of the room, he points at it and whispers urgently.
"Gentlemen, is that important?"
For good measure he raises his holy symbol again.
"In the Name of The Inheritor! Behold the LIGHT!" A silvery light flashes forth, washing over the crowd around them.
Channels Positive Energy to harm Undead: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 3, 5) = 15 damage in 30 ft radius. Undead Will save DC18 for half.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Hey bro, you may want to save that channel, as I believe all the undead have already turned to ash. Karthan, can we get a few Knowledge checks from you to see if you know anything about what to do about those phylacteries?

Still looking at Karthan, waiting for an answer, Jorzan shakes himself at Justhal's words and says "Right! I'm on it!" as he dashes off after the medallion, Zan trailing along in the air behind him.


Male Half-Orc Sorcerer, 8th, Brass Draconic Bloodine

Karthan examines the Phylactories, and, just to be on the safe side, pulls out a scroll.

Casting Identify

1d20 + 24 ⇒ (3) + 24 = 27 Spellcraft with Identify bonus.


Karthan Only:
The phylacteries are acting as both containers and focal points for arcane power. It's not clear to you what they were precisely intended for, but it is clear that the Baron had been robbing power from them, and now that he's dead, all the power is flowing back into them. You feel fairly confident that all the shaking and jumping around the two phylacteries are doing is a result of this power transference, and not the precursor to an explosion.

The only thing you're not clear on is whether or not the jumping around of these two phylacteries has anything to do with the shaking and rumbling of the floor and building around you.


@Jorzan: You sprint down the hallway after the medallion, which has a sizable head start, but shouldn't be difficult to find due to its size and the bright gem at its center. With the Baron's control lifted, none of the guards or other people you encounter pays you any heed. Indeed, with all the terrible shaking and rumbling in the ground they're all running this way and that anyway, and aren't concerned with a single random man in the halls.

The corridor outside of the coffin room goes straight for a bit, then curves gently to your right before emptying out into what looks like a balcony. You hear a loud *CLANK* from the end of the hall, audible even over all the other noise, indicating to you the medallion has probably finally bumped into something and stopped.

You dash out onto the balcony, Zan following close behind, and are brought up short by what you see. The balcony overlooks what is apparently the grand entrance hall of this building; it is a large, square room three stories tall, and probably 100' x 100'. There is an identical stone balcony directly across from you, and tiered walkways on each story to your left. To your right is a very large entrance with multiple doors, each one very grand and built of good, old, strong darkwood. There are stairs leading down from the balcony to the floor, and going up to the third floor. On each wall is a large Ormirian tapestry, including one that depicts the quad in Stormfare, very similar to the one you and your companions took from Ormiria itself.

Standing down on the ground floor, perhaps 20' below you, is a Collector of Bal-Zat, just like the one you fought in Stormfare weeks ago, before you and your companions left with Cassandra. It is standing next to a man who is completely covered in eyes and scars and wounds, and wields a spiked chain just like yours.

Between them is Gray Moribund, and at their feet is the medallion. As one, they look up at you, then both Gray and the man covered in eyes reach down to pick it up, each struggling to take it from the other. The collector's eyes light up when he sees you, and his rapiers flash out into his hands.

DC15 K(Religion):
The man covered in eyes is a Kuthite priest of some sort, or perhaps an inquisitor.


@Justahl and @Kelne: The floor continues to shake and rumble as Karthan magically investigates the phylacteries. With Jorzan having gone after the medallion, the only ones in the room now are the three of you.


@Belsarious: Van-Haera peers at the page. "Well, dear, that particular chapter describes various prophecies leading up to the supposed occurrence of the Great Confluence, about which the Arcana department staff are all still arguing." She rolls her eyes. "I can't imagine what anyone would want to forge or glamer on such a passage..." She trails off, clearly uncomfortable with this line of thought.

Go ahead and cast your Dispel...


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Jorzan has no Knowledge(religion) skill. And approx how far from the room with the others is he now? Also, is the shaking still going on out here?

Many thoughts and feelings flash through him as he sees the tableau before him. Thoughts about Gray, what was he doing here? And who was looking after Cassandra? Was he with the Collector? Had he summoned it? Had the man meant to betray them all along? And who or what the hell was the scarred and wounded freak?

All of these thoughts shrivel and burn to nothing though in the white hot flare of pure fury that washes over the young shadow dancer at the sight of one of his most hated enemies and without hesitation he races forward to attack.

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

"What's the verdict, Karthan?" Kelne asked, eyeing the phylacteries warily. They could be out of here very quickly if need be. Truth be told, they really ought to be moving on in any case. They still had Gray's business in Stormfare to attend to, after all. Then again, a quick sweep of the place to make sure Ormir didn't have any nasty surprises secreted about wouldn't go amiss.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Belsarious targets the page with the dispeling magic....

"We may have to read quickly dependin upon wha tha spell does."


Male Half-Orc Sorcerer, 8th, Brass Draconic Bloodine

"Power is coming back into the Phylactories. While I don't think these are going to explode, I cannot rule out that the transferrance is making the structure unstable? Is the Baron dealt with?" Karthan looks up from his careful study.

"Where's Jorzan?"


Male Human Cleric 9 (86/86HPs AC26 [domain spells used 0 and Normall spell used (one 1st&5thlvl). 0/10 channels used.)

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Gray looks to Jorzan with a sigh of relief.

"Sorry about this but they were looking for you and the girl. I figured we would deal with them somewhere out of the public sight."


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Soo, what are we waiting for? Isn't it the Collector's go?


Male Human Cleric 9 (86/86HPs AC26 [domain spells used 0 and Normall spell used (one 1st&5thlvl). 0/10 channels used.)

dra as been super busy with work and studio stuff so with luck things will die down by Monday


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Speaking to Kelne and Karthan, Sir Justal asks;
"Will you need me to stay? I mislike letting Jorzan go off alone; and I don't see how I can help here."


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

BUMP!


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Stares intently at the page!


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Sloooowly he turned...


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Step by step...

...Or was that the Grover one? ; )


@Jorzan: Just as you begin to head down the stairs, the shaking suddenly stops, and a terrible, rustling, crackling sort-of noise starts. To your horror, the tapestries on the walls all begin rapidly to deteriorate, as if millions of tiny bugs were eating them from the edges in. The collector looks around and says in its distinctively low and gurgly voice; "He did it...I don't...oh no." It looks up at you and says "I'll be back for you la-", but is cut off as it vanishes before it can complete the sentence.

Without a word, Gray reaches down and snatches the medallion off the floor before the eye-covered man can get it, then vaults the short distance to the tapestry and leaps through it, with the other man hot on his heels and also going through the last few square feet of cloth after him.

You sprint down the stairs as fast as you can, but the tapesty is gone before you get there. It disappears with a scratchy *pfoof* and a tuft of threads, as do the other three.

All is now quiet in this entry room, or whatever it is. You can hear voices here and there, but none seem to be concerned with you; they're all inquiring after family members or friends, all ringing with concern or inquiry. A couple guards and attendants pass through on the opposite side of the room, but they pay you no mind, such is their hurry to get wherever it is they're going.


@Justahl, @Kelne, @Karthan: Justahl has no sooner finished talking than both phylacteries burst. They don't explode, they just sort of...*pop* in quite an anticlimactic way. Shards of glass and little twists of metal now litter the inside of the coffin and two liquids are spreading out and staining the wood and pooling alongside it; one is thick and purple, the other is scabby and blood-like.

For a brief moment, you see what appears to be the apparition of a man in purple and silver robes, floating above the broken phylacteries. He looks older, with a long white beard and piercing blue eyes, and he seems to be in great pain. His head is thrown back in a silent scream and he looks as if he is straining against something -- chains, perhaps -- with his arms.

This apparition appears just for that single moment, then vanishes in a way most reminiscent of dust being blown off a table.


Male Human Cleric 9 (86/86HPs AC26 [domain spells used 0 and Normall spell used (one 1st&5thlvl). 0/10 channels used.)

DRA almost had it right^^

As Gray picks up the medallion. He notices the tapestry suddenly begin to burn. Medallion in hand he looks to the kuthite with narrowed eyes as flings to it Jorzan. Yelling as sprints in and through the tapestry.

"I'll meet you guys in the city soon, I hope. Don't worry the girl is still safe."

With that Gray vanishes through the ashes of what once was a helpful portal.


@Belsarious: The wisps of the old spell fall quickly away, leaving you and Van-Haera looking at the original text, free of glamer. The events of that day describe the construction of a strangely-architected building and the plans to destroy it. The man who was responsible for it is quoted as saying, as he was being dragged away; "None of what you do matters; Bal-Zat will return, and his legacy will be fulfilled. The tower will rise, whether made of stone, or sticks, or of the very shadows themselves! And once it has risen, so shall he."


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

At the sight of the apparition, Sir Justahl grabs his silver warhammer. He only has it half raised when the vision goes away.
"What in the Name of the Inheritor was THAT?" He asked to no one in particular.


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

"I wish I knew," Kelne said, "I'm guessing whatever power Ormir was drawing from the phylacteries ultimately came from that apparition. Just what the consequences are of whoever it was getting the power back will depend on what sort of person they are." Ormir's final words to him sprang to mind. He wasn't about to assume the worst based on the word of his mortal enemy, but neither would he simply ignore potential trouble.

"Let's find Jorzan and move on," he said at last, "There doesn't seem to be anything left for us here, and there's still that trouble back in Stormfare to deal with." Tucking his weapons away, he strode out the door Jorzan had exited by, taking in a largely empty room, empty of hostiles but containing a decidedly annoyed-looking Jorzan.

"The phylacteries are gone," he informed him, striding over to join him, "Looks like whoever or whatever Ormir was robbing power from has it back now."


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"I am afraid tha tower has risen, an being constructed of souls and shadows. We must make sure tha threat is first seen an then destroyed."


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Sir Justahl follows Kelne down the hall and out onto the balcony overlooking the grand entrance chamber.

"Jorzan!" he called out. "Did you find that medallion?"


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Standing now in almost exactly the spot the collector occupied just moments ago, Jorzan looks about himself frustratedly. To have one of his childhood tormentors so close but be unable to enact any sort of revenge was infuriating, to say the least. And that cleric, Gray, the more time Jorzan spent around him the less he seemed to know what to think of the man. One thing was clear at the least, should he ever see him again, the Pharasian had some serious explaining to do.

Not entirely sure what their next move should be, Jorzan responds to the voice of the Paladine which rings out, answering "No! It...I'll explain later! But let's either loot this place or get the hell out of here!"

And putting action to word, the rogue begins to look around for anything of value that might be easy to take with him.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

"Didn't you feel that shaking? Leave off and let's find the way back before this place comes apart!"
Sir Justahl looks around, still a little spooked.


Male Human Cleric 9 (86/86HPs AC26 [domain spells used 0 and Normall spell used (one 1st&5thlvl). 0/10 channels used.)
Jorzan wrote:
"No! It...I'll explain later! But let's either loot this place or get the hell out of here!"

Gray did throw Jorzan the medallion before he left.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Oh! oops! Sorry missed that....So, Retcon a lil bit...

Deftly catching the medallion, Jorzan simply stares at it a moment and then at the place where the tapestries used to be. Finally he slips the medallion in his haversack.

Standing now in almost exactly the spot the collector occupied just moments ago, Jorzan looks about himself frustratedly. To have one of his childhood tormentors so close but be unable to enact any sort of revenge was infuriating, to say the least. And that cleric, Gray, the more time Jorzan spent around him the less he seemed to know what to think of the man. One thing was clear at the least, should he ever see him again, the Pharasian had some serious explaining to do.

Not entirely sure what their next move should be, Jorzan responds to the voice of the Paladine which rings out, answering "Yes! It was...I'll explain later! But let's either loot this place or get the hell out of here!"

And putting action to word, the rogue begins to look around for anything of value that might be easy to take with him.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"What seeker of truth would conceal this information?"


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

In the Name of the Inheritor...

BUMP!


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"Dragon your silence deafens me!"


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Charge! Bump!


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

"Ah! Is that?? Oh, ah no, I suppose not...best keep looking!"


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Full Metal Jousting *BUMP* Shatters lance...


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Epic show! Well... When I can watch it :p I haven't had cable or anything for like 10 years lol


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

ponders


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Full Metal Jousting? That's a Show?


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Yes sir :)


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Extends hand grasping at the air!

"Noooooooooo!"


@Kelne, @Jorzan, @Justahl, @Karthan: As Jorzan is looking around in the halls and rooms, the shaking begins to subside, then quickly comes to a complete stop. The people occupying this place can be heard talking loudly, all around, yelling to each other to confirm that all are well, checking into storage rooms, etc.

Two of the men who until recently were under the spell of Ormir return to their posts in the coffin room. Spying Kelne and Karthan there, and seeing Justahl and Jorzan down the hall, they call out.

"Hoy! You men there, who are you, anyway, and where did you come from? We've no more room for refugees if that's what you're thinking, and we've got...repairs...to do." The man doesn't seem threatening, but he does honestly seem to have no idea at all who any of you are, despite the fact that he had been just outside the doors mere minutes ago. His mind must have been completely overtaken by the Baron.

The tattered clothes and ruined flesh of Ormir's spawn are alike crumbled to dust, and these proud warriors of Pechora walk right on it as they approach you, twisting their heels with each step as if to grind their foe to powder, the foe they were once in thrall to and now awaken to find already destroyed.


@Belsarious: Van Haera makes a disgusted noise. "No seeker of truth, friend Belsarious, but a concealer of truth, I'd wager. I must stay here to guard the girl, but I have a favor I need done. Can you fetch your friend from outside, the cleric of Pharasma? Tell him I have immediate need of his help..."


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!


@Gray: With everyone else gone and the tapestries vanished, there is a brief interval where you are sitting by yourself, alone with the shadows. The tower continues to grow before your horrified eyes, stretching high up above the city. Suddenly a burst of energy hammers out in a wide ring from the thing, and see a strange line of ghoulish-looking green-white light smack into it at about its midpoint. The entire structure shivers and shudders even as it sends energy straight down into itself, towards...what?

The green-white light that seems to be interfering with things is coming from somewhere off to your left -- off east -- and may well be nearby.


@Lin and @Tora'an: Just hitting reset on this sucka to keep things moving...The remaining kobolds, despite having the advantage of numbers and fierce spirits, are in the end no match for your superior strength; the two of you and the soldiers of Izmir crush their remaining force, clearing the passage.

One of the paladins who had been guarding the flank comes rushing up. After saluting the commander of this platoon he relays a message from Dantoor and the other Liberators of Manaus. "Dantoor said we should return to the surface and warn the rest of the regiments of what lurks beneath the city, and begin systematically to clean it out. They are heading down, further down, in search of answers, and a root cause to this problem, and to try to eliminate it at its base. He also said to give you this..." He proffers a small scroll to Lin, clearly not sure how Tora'an would hold it to read it.

The lieutenant frowns and looks thoughtful. "They are mighty warriors, but they should not go alone. But...if they feel the regiment is needed..." He trails off, then seems to come to a decision. "Very well. We'll return. We've done enough here. Lin, Tora'an? Will you come back up with us? I do not know what else may be laying in wait en route, and your assistance would be most welcome." All the holy warriors around you, the chosen of Iomedae, nod in assent.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Sir Justahl just stares back amazed. Didn't he know what just happened?
"Ah, I am Sir Justahl of Neowald, Knight of Izmir. I was just leaving..."
He glances aside to Jorzan and motions that we should leave now.

3,051 to 3,100 of 4,262 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Seer's Journey - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.