Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Seer's Journey - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

A young refugee girl, blessed by the gods with foresight, is accompanied by six warriors to one of the most dangerous places in the world, where a great hero will die.


2,801 to 2,850 of 4,264 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Lin was beside herself, Min was going to be Furious with her, this had not been one of her best ideas. It was too late to scold herself though, best thing of a way back, right away. As she focuses on the sights sounds and the foul smells around her, she found the sounds of the children screaming made her feel torn between pressing on or finding a way back to inform the others of what was within this terrible portal. She pressed her head against the red 'X' hoping it would bring her back to the promenade. The smell was slowly filling her nostrils and she tried desperately to not grit her teeth in righteous fury at the oppression that surrounded her.

If the X, fails to provide any results.

She quietly makes her way towards the door on the right and keeps a wary eye around her as she hoped to not be discovered yet.

K: History - does Lin know of any possible prisons residing in a volcano? lol... >.>; 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Once he has donned his armor, Sir Justahl will help free the elven woman with his warhammer.


Min Bein'Meleth Rámalóce wrote:
Did Ad'an or anyone actually succeed in detecting alignments DRA? I am assuming no at this point ;), welcome back btw! Have fun? :O

No magic of any sort works in, or can pass through, the gem prisons. And thanks! Good to be back, and fun was had, though it's kinda a fire-to-frying pan situation. Thus far, this is the only pic of the weekend's shenanigans, though I'm sure more will surface eventually. (I'm the one in the middle with the guitar and all the hair, obvs.

:-D)


With a quiet *vvvvnnnnn* Lin reappears in the Promenade. She is hot to the touch, but otherwise unscathed. The "X" does indeed take you back. Lin cannot think of any particular prisons that would be in volcanoes.


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Any luck getting a bit of blood or other item from Ormir for scrying purposes?

Kelne let out a faint sigh of relief at seeing Lin return through the tapestry. It hadn't occurred to him until too late that the portal might be one way, nor that there might be such a sharp transition.

"Alright, that's another tapestry to steal," he said, "Lin, if you could bring it down and start rolling it up, I'll give the others a hurry along. We don't have much time." With that, he ducked back into the prison/treasury tapestry, intent on chivvying the others along. The dragonflight had been very organised, and while he thought they still had enough time to get out without being intercepted, there was no sense cutting things fine.

Which puts Kelne in line to crash into the escaping wyvern. If he sees it coming, he'll let it go without trying to stop it.


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

When Lin reappears, she falls back unceremoniously on her rear. Visibly shaken, she rises shakily and looks to Kelne. "A terrible place lies beyond, the smell of death and sounds of pain linger in the air. The earth beneath your feet is hot to the touch, burning hot. There was a door to my left a great ways and that was where the sounds were coming from, to the right was a similar door but no sound emanated from it and a great red X was splattered on the wall behind where I appeared. That X was how I returned here thankfully." As the shock wears off an anger rose in her, the sounds of the children screaming echoed in her ears. She turned to Kelne looking him dead in the eye. "I swear I will crush the information out of Ormir when I find him, I will make him reveal what that place was so that we know how to save those trapped there..."

Remembering that the dragonflight were quickly approaching Lin rose to her feet, shaking off the remaining brurning sensations that were creeping across her scales. "So how long unitl we are ready to move the tapestries?"

Thanks for the response DRA, thats what I had thought. ;) Awesome pic, must be an awesome lifestyle to have, traveling around and performing. =)

Lin nods to Kelne and begins doing as he asks, making sure to start on the other side of the tapestry and avoid getting pulled back in again. She made sure to work quickly as to avoid dilly dallying as the Red Dragonflight came ever closer.

DRA: Do I need to make rolls to Roll it up or handwave? ;)


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

How close are Jorzan and Belsarious-and whoever else is helping-to cutting and rolling up the Stormfare tapestry?

Jorzan again briefly looks over his shoulder at the crash but otherwise keeps hurrying at his work


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Aylaeth also calls out to the fleeing creature but in Draconic "Stop! We mean you no harm! This is why we freed you!" but does nothing else to stop it.

She does though put a hand on Min's shoulder to stop him, and as well puts up a hand to stop the Paladine Justahl as well when he moves to help, saying "Hold a moment friends. I moved to free the Wyverling as we could be fairly certain that it would not prove to be an enemy. With these three others however, we have no such assurances at all. They are in no danger at the moment in their prisons and as we are taking this prison with us, we shall be able to free them at a more opportune place and time. Should this Elfess prove hostile, that would take more time we simply do not have, for the Red Dragonflight is almost upon us. So we must gather the tapestries and flee this place with all due haste."

In the Promenade

Startled at Lin's dissemblance, Tora'a snorts a quiet sigh of relief at her return. At the mention of the children in peril though the noble celestial steed becomes rigid with anger and says with some heat "Children! We must see to their safety at once!"


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

As he hears the windy woman speak, Jorzan calls out without even turning around "Right! So less talky talky and more cut-y cut-y. The more of you helping with this the quicker it will be done!"

He fails to see the glare directed at his back by the magus, but he does smile slightly to himself as he sees her move to help with taking the tapestry down.


Kelne wrote:
Any luck getting a bit of blood or other item from Ormir for scrying purposes?

With some careful looking around the vampire lord's last position, some half-coagulated blood-like crust can be found, as can a couple scorched tatters of his robe.


With everyone chipping in, all the tapestries are about wrangled and wrapped. As Kelne moves to the north tapestry, he is surprised when a silver-and-black wyverling suddenly rockets unsteadily out of the thing and makes a b-line for the hole in the wall. The tiny proto-dragon sails out into the night and disappears without a word.

If Lin has assistance, she should be able to yank down the southern tapestry and roll it up in just a couple minutes. The ones in the Promenade are quite large; 40'x40' and nearly an inch thick.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Continues to roll-up and take tapestries.......


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Just to be clear, we are only going to be cutting down and rolling up 3 tapestries in total. The Stormfare one, and the two in the Promenade. So are you saying that we are finished with the Stormfare one, have all left the prison and are almost finished with the two in the Promenade? Oh, and btw, before they leave the prison, Jorzan does make sure to retrieve his magic rope


Jorzan wrote:
So are you saying that we are finished with the Stormfare one, have all left the prison and are almost finished with the two in the Promenade?

I am saying that whatever it is you want to have rolled up is now rolled up except, of course, the one Lin is just starting on.


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

"Alright, let's move, people," Kelne said, reentering the room, "The red dragonflight's unquestionably gotten the upper hand, and it'll only be minutes before they arrive here."

He helped pick up the Stormfare tapestry, intent on carrying it back out onto the promenade.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Sorry for any confusion on my part, just trying to get the timing of everything right. If we've also rolled up the tapestry to the prison, that would mean we would have also all left it already, correct? So..

When Kelne came in Jorzan nodded and helped carry the Stormfare tapestry out. Once in the Promenade, he again used his slippers to help roll up the prison entrance. With everyone helping, it had gone much faster.

As they finish rolling up the prison tapestry, Jorzan moves to help Lin roll up the Southern one.

Hope that works to get us all caught up?


From off outside the palace courtyard comes a series of heavy thunks that you all instantly recognize as the sound of catapults firing. That same distinctively whistling hiss that you heard earlier makes you all look up in time to see several more flaming catapult bolts headed your way. Most strike other parts of the palace, but one hammers through into the west ballroom, rolling and sliding across the once-elegant marble, carving great rends in it as it goes. The entire floor shakes under your feet. The white dragons roar in triumph, and the sound grates on Lin and Min's nerves like fingernails across a chalkboard.

It looks like the last of Ormir's defenses -- those that chose to fight and not run, anyway -- have fallen, and the Red Dragonflight is now going to stand outside the perimeter of the castle courtyard and take down big chunks of it with their catapults. To what end, none of you knows. Surely they must have some idea of the riches contained herein?

A shattering crash reaches your ears and you catch one of the towers crumbling to bits out of the corner of your eye. Maybe the Red Dragonflight don't care for riches...

Cassandra is hugging her brother. She looks from Kelne to Jorzan to Justahl with tears in her eyes. "He's going now, isn't he? With the dragon-man and the others? I have to leave him don't I?" For his part, Kevin is trying to be stoic, but it's clear he's lost and terrified. The phylacteries on his chest gurgle and bubble and he winces in pain. The level of the liquid contained therein is alarmingly low, and the glow of his eyes is dimming.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Sir Justahl puts his arm around Cassandra and tugs his helmet off. Looking at her directly, he tries to be reassuring.
"Cassandra, we... YOU have accomplished a monumental task and have snatched your brother from the jaws of the Baron. But the task is not finished yet. To recover his life, Kevin must venture to Stormfare with these Dragon Knights. He has a fighting chance, but he must go without you. For now. Until your task is accomplished."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Min wasn't pleased at the idea of leaviing those people imprisoned in a room with a devil or demon in a neighboring crystal. Although as he listened to the sounds of the Red Dragonflights bloody victory and the imminent fall of Ormiria he couldn't help but shake his head sadly. There wasn't anything they could do, although if the white dragons showed their faces he would bring them down. Hard. He had saved some of his more powerful arrows for just such an occasion.

As Sir Justahl reassured the young child, Min kneeled down and looked her in the eyes "Cassandra is it? My name is Min, my large friend friend here is Lin and we promise to take good care of your brother for as long as we can. Besides this isn't goodbye, this is but a short parting because in the end you will see him again and he will be better then before. But for now little one we must go, this place isnt safe for any of us.". With that Min stands and nocks a tier 2 flamestrike arrow as he waits for the others to enact their plan.

"All capable archers nock arrows and prepare to counter attack, best we hit them hard if they stick their ugly snout in here." He drew back on his bow and readied to fire at the slightest provacation.


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Lin was torn, but as the tapestry was fully rolled up she looked to Tora'an and shook her head sadly. "As Much as I wish to save them we cannot just yet. Besides these tapestries are their's to deal with, but I do hope that Ormir is brought to just over the foul pacts he has made..." As the flames spread in the west Ballroom, Lin turned and gave a great gout of ice to extinguish any that threatened the tapestries, temporarily driving back the flames. But as she finished exhaling yet another blast of her icy breath, she turned to watch out of the hole in the ceiling. She was tired and her strength was flagging but as Min had said to her earlier. Hold as long as you can and she would do just that.

To the last breath if needed...

Then she remembered that the wolfguards had used arrows similar to what Min used and she trundled over and inspected the fallen enemies. " Could someone aid me, they had those Enthaldi arrows, I would hate to see those go to waste under rubble..." Lin starts scrounging up what she can prior to the departure. She tries to gather up at least one set of blades the wolfguards were wielding and sni[s the slings off the quivers as she tries to carefully pluck the quivers off the fallen and set them in a pile near Min as she turns and puts the Warbarian Quiver closer to him so he could sort them.

The entire time though Min watches out of the gap in the ceiling.

@DRA: To save you some time reading~ Gather a set of Wolfguard blades, and whatever arrows and pouches Lin can get before we leave.


Cassandra nods solemnly at Justahl and Min and squeezes her brother, gently so as to avoid touching the phylacteries. She then looks up at Min. "Thanks Dragon-man. I hope you get your arm back from the swamp. Don't sit on the tree stumps!"

As another volley of catapult bolts comes sailing in, everyone except Karthan and Lin step through the Stormfare entrance. After working quickly to roll up the tapestry as huge chunks of wall and flaming stone crash and tumble around them, Karthan invokes the teleportation spell, and the two of them vanish to the quad, which the half-orc knows so well that there is essentially no chance of the spell misfiring.

The two join the others in the quad. Unsusrprisingly, it is pouring rain. The first group has already sought shelter in one of the large gazebos a short distance away, where student gatherings or outdoor classes are held on the rare sunny days in the city. From this central location the main lecture hall looms over the trees to the right (the north), the barracks and administrative buildings of the troops and guards from Izmir and Warbane are visible in front of you (the west), the Great Tower of the Hec Salazar Memorial Library rises up into the bleak sky to your left (the south), and behind you the paths twist away into the low trees and topiary and towards the other buildings of Stormfare University. Even at this late hour, there are lights visible in some of the windows.

The air is quite chilly and the rain is hammering down hard, appearing to be mixed with hail. You are at least dry, for the moment, but anyone not protected by warm clothes or Endure Elements or similar is going to be pretty chilly.

Karthan, Jorzan, Justahl only:
You note that there is a large fire burning down at the wharf, which is odd. This isn't a bonfire by which roustabouts would load cargo, this is something...wrong.

Maiathreen only:
Servais vibrates in his sheath, and you feel a cloud of black thought emanate out from him, though no words are formed. After a moment he is still, and the darkness fades, though the sense of it lingers like a hangover. You find your vision drawn to the southwest, towards the ocean, towards what you can only assume is a wharf district. You see a very light area, perhaps where workers are busy loading cargo, and you see a single dark boat anchored a short way out. Something about it keeps drawing your eye. It's as if it has great black wings behind it.

It's probably just a trick of the dark and the rain, fooling your tired eyes.


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Min stood in the stormfare street, clearly the cold rain didn't bother him in the slightest, as he took in the sights and thinking on the odd thing Cassandra ad said to him. After a minute or so he walked over to Justahl and Jorzan speaking quietly. "Does she say strange things like that often?"

He pauses though and looks out to towards the quad, the bond had shifted almost lurched suddenly, but when Lin appeared along with Kelne Min relaxed visibly and turned back to the pair of men waiting for an answer.


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

As Lin stood in the crumbling castle she flinched with each impact of the catpult's and sighed. There is nothing we can do here now, for now the Red Dragonflight have won. Its time to move foward and discover what I can about what the child had said... As she slipped her neck under the tapestry and draped it across her powerful shoulders as she waited for Kelne to complete his casting.

As the castle walls began to fade away, a stray catapult round slammed into the roof near where they had been standing. Thankfully they appeared in Stormfare just before the rubble began to fall, regrettably she was still thinking about what the child had said when she appeared. Hopefully Min hadn't noticed. As she took in the sights she commented lightly, enjoying the cold rain running along her scales. "So this is Stormfare! Hmmm... Always imagined it was bigger, maybe the rain is ruining the sight of it." She looked down at Kelne then. "So where do you want me to drop this off at?"


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Just a note that, as the resident sorceror and native of Stormfare, it was Karthan who made the hop with Lin.

"Alright," Kelne said, finding a reasonably sheltered spot, "I'm going to scry out Ormir and we'll go from there. We don't have much time before he heals up and can move about, so we'll have to move quickly. That means we'll have to ask the Skyknights to take charge of the tapestries, prisoners and treasure. Best to keep them all in secure locations. We know at least one of the tapestries is a two-way portal with hostile creatures on the other side."

After a short time perusing the scroll, he beckoned Karthan over, "I think we're better off with you making the attempt," he said, "The spell's considerably more complex than anything I've tried my hand at before, and while I may be more familiar with Ormir than you, that doesn't help much if I can't cast the spell in the first place."

Perusing the rules for Use Magic Device, it's the emulate ability score bit which is the real hurdle to Kelne. He'd need a roll of 18+ to emulate the necessary Int or Cha score of 17, followed by the check itself, which has the possibility of mishaps on failure.

By my reckoning, if Karthan succeeds with the casting, it's a DC 23 will save for Ormir, with a -10 penalty to his roll for having a body part (the blood). Very nearly the same as it would be for Kelne, with much less time spent or chance of failure.


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Doh, my bad! PLease ignore the looking at Kelne, the question would be for Karthan instead, thanks Kelne!


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Sir Justahl at first looks around at the comforting familiar environs of Sormfare, feeling the irony at having ventured so far to simply return to the starting point... Maybe they should cut north from here when they venture forth again. He looks down at the light on the waterfront. Venture forth by sea? Hm.

Min wrote:


"Does she say strange things like that often?"

Distracted by the light, Sir Justahl replies; "Yes, all the time. And true, if incomplete. I say, does anyone else wonder what that bonfire is doing down by the wharf? That is a serious safety hazard to say the least."


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

While waiting under the gazebo his arm around Livain, Maiathreen feels Servais shake and a black cloud of thought emanates from him. He waits a moment for Servais to speak but he stops shaking and the darkness fades. Though the feeling remains.

Maiathreen looks towards the ocean his gaze almost drawn to what he can only assume is a wharf district. He sees a very well lit area probably to light the way for cargo workers. A boat that is anchored off shore suddenly draws his attention away from the light. It appears to have great dark wings behind it. Were those wings? Surely not... He thinks unconvincingly to himself. He grips Livain's hand tightly as he suddenly remembers the conversation he had with Captain Harrix.

Captain Harrix wrote:
"There is one last thing; the cleric who fell says he had a vision which he believes is related to whatever...agenda...Servais has. He saw very plainly the shores of the ocean, in the west. He was on a dock. There was a boat with a man on it, the man was dressed all in black. He had no eyes." The captain gives you a concerned look. "That's all he remembers. Does this mean anything to you?"

Just what are you playing at Servais... He thinks to himself as he taps his fingers against the ornate hilt of the blade that had been with him and his wife for so many years and to find out that there was so much they didn't know. Its like a chasm in his mind he is almost afraid to approach.

"We should investigate...see what's wrong... He says while thinking it will give him a closer view of the boat.
Perception:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26To get a better look at the boat.


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Min looks to the distant fire and then suddenly turns to look at Lin in shock, she returns the look with an embarrassed, head down, stance before glaring back at Min. Just as she starts glaring at him, he starts chuckling but the laugh is short lived, it was her turn to stare at him in surprising, tilting her head and raising a scaled brow in a questioning fashion.

"So...?"

"Yes, you?"

"Yes..." Min smiles as Lin grimaces at him. "Never ends does it?"

"Your not helping..." She glared at Min as he continued to smile. As Mai spoke about investigating she momentarily thought about hugging the Aellar as his words interrupted the conversation and brought Min's thoughts back in line. "Yes we should investigate." She held back a sigh of relief as Min's smile faded and he was focused on the distant fire. Sometimes her rider could be such a bother, didn't help her fortune was so ominous and comical to him.

Without another word Min climbed into the saddle and looked at the large tapestry doubtfully. "You think you can make it Lin?"

"We will see, if no it will be a spectacular crash." With that she flexed her wings, spreading them wide. She hoped that she had enough room to get a running start in the street. After gauging the distance she started a slow trot and built up into a faster run before finally leaping into the air.


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

DRA:

Hey just wanted to point out that it had been my plan, as i mentioned in the OOC, to have Jorzan go off looking for Grippen, taking one the scrolls of teleport with him.

But if it's too late to do that, or if it would be obviously suicidal to do so-like the entire castle is about to collapse, then we'll just skip it, no worries.

As they step through the tapestry Aylaeth takes a big breath and can't help the smile the creeps up her face, despite the pouring rain. She had always liked the University town very much. In fact, after her dear Leshotho, Stormfare was her second favourite city in the Land. Getting her bearing quickly she says "I know we have other matters to take care of as well, but I'd like to get to the university as quickly as possible. But perhaps we can kill two harpies with one stone for Karthan's mother might be able to aid us in the safe care of the tapestries as well." looking to Karthan for confirmation as she says this.

When Justahl mentions the fire on the dock she looks over with a curious frown, but says nothing.

Also, did Karthan have a chance to answer this? As the sorcerer finished telling them about the Power Orb, Aylaeth replied, with great interest and curiosity "Really?? How facinanting! But exactly does it do?"


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)
Maiathreen Gyssearnith wrote:

While waiting under the gazebo his arm around Livain, Maiathreen feels Servais shake and a black cloud of thought emanates from him. He waits a moment for Servais to speak but he stops shaking and the darkness fades. Though the feeling remains.

Maiathreen looks towards the ocean his gaze almost drawn to what he can only assume is a wharf district. He sees a very well lit area probably to light the way for cargo workers. A boat that is anchored off shore suddenly draws his attention away from the light. It appears to have great dark wings behind it. Were those wings? Surely not... He thinks unconvincingly to himself. He grips Livain's hand tightly as he suddenly remembers the conversation he had with Captain Harrix.

Just what are you playing at Servais... He thinks to himself as he taps his fingers against the ornate hilt of the blade that had been with him and his wife for so many years and to find out that there was so much they didn't know. Its like a chasm in his mind he is almost afraid to approach.

"We should investigate...see what's wrong... He says while thinking it will give him a closer view of the boat.
Perception:1d20+13To get a better look at the boat.

Livain enjoys her one of few moments of romance she has with Maiathreen as he has his arm around her. Those are the few moments that keep her feeling like the world really isn't as horrible as she thought. Her thoughts were broken as she heard Servais quiver in his sheath. The familiar sound of the metal rattling gave her an uneasy feeling. Livain's eyes lingered on the sword for a bit before shifting back up to her husbands face. She could see that Maiathreen's mind was inundated by some thought. She couldn't help but watch his face as he looked off to the ocean. She gives him a moment and after studying his face some more she asks,

"Is everything alright? You look a bit lost in thought. What is it with Servais?"
When Maiathreen proposed to "investigate" that was when she knew her husband was up to something but she didn't know what. She knew he was at the very least curious.


Male Half-Orc Sorcerer, 8th, Brass Draconic Bloodine

Assuming I've got everything right...am I in Stormfare, or with Kelne setting up the scrying? It looks like I ran the teleport spell to the quad on Stormfare that we were going to use to go to Ormir's den; on the off chance I'm mistaken:

Karthan nods. And pulls out a scroll of eagle's splendor, casting it...then pulls out the last scroll of Divination, a small mirror, and a brazier.

Casting that scroll of Greater Divination, burning Ormir's blood and watching the tendrils of smoke get captured in the mirror to tell us where he is.

"Get your stakes ready.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"All packed an ready tah goes!"

Then goes to assist in retreiving arrows of bad-assness from fallen wolfguards.


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

@Karthan: Yep your in Stormfare, setting up the scrying with Kelne under the shelter of a nearby roof. :)

@Belarious: We're in Stormfare bud, so no more looting for us. I will have to remember to scavenge a little sooner next time~


Baron Ormir DC23 Will save vs. Scrying: 1d20 + 13 - 10 ⇒ (19) + 13 - 10 = 22

The scrying spell reveals a room, cold and made of stone. Torches gutter in freezing gloom around a dais, and terrifyingly skinny thralls and minions and spawn lurch and rush about, watching all over, their jaundice-colored eyes glowing with hate at those who hurt their master and brought him so low. Looking around, other guards become visible, wearing furs and armor and possessed of long beards and hair, the mist of their breath indicating both their humanity and the frigid temperatures of that place at the same time. A medallion that holds their fur capes in place tickles Kelne's memory: Pechora Militia.

Ormir is in Pechora, then, in the vast cold expanses of the black woods of the north.


As Kelne and Karthan gather and cast their spell, there is movement visible through the gloom over at the barracks. "Hoy there!" a voice calls out. "Who would you be, here in the quad at this hour? I am Sergeant Mar Lannstrom of the Paladine of Izmir, who goes there?" You can see the gleam of guttering torchlight off the sergeant's plate armor about 50 meters away.

Justahl smiles in recognition as the paladin speaks, as Karthan surely would as well, were he not otherwise engaged.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Stormfare? ok....err any chance we are returning to our normal thread? I have been confused pretty much this whole time ;)


Not yet. Once you and the Seer's Journey group split up, then you guys can head back to the Marianasu thread. Should be pretty soon, I reckon.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Ok, since he didn't take off on his own, Jorzan would've for sure helped Min loot the bodies of the wolfguards. Plus don't forget we also have the unconscious wolfguard and Lenny with us

Jorzan looks over at flame on the dock but wasn't too concerned. Stormfare wasn't their problem at the moment and besides, she had many defenders. Ormir was their problem and they had little time to deal with him. Looking over the sorcerer's shoulders he asks aloud while also thinking himself "Do we know if any of the tapestries lead to there?"


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

"Pechora," Kelne said in a satisfied tone, utterly focused on the scene revealed in the scrying bowl, "We've got perhaps half an hour before Ormir's up and about. If we can get a scroll or something similar quickly, I say we teleport directly into the room, kill the guards and stake him, rather than trying to find our way from wherever the tapestry comes out, through whoever he has guarding the exit point."

"Once that's done, we can return to Stormfare and plan our next move." That might necessitate another teleport scroll, but right now money was absolutely no object. It was just a matter of whether they could roust somebody out of bed to provide them with one on short notice.

Not sure whether Pechora's outside the 900 mile limit of the remaining teleport scroll or not, but the failure chance for a location viewed once is non-trivial in any case.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

"I'm not sure...but there is a boat anchored off shore...there is something about it...I thinks its related to Servais...let's find out what fate has planned for us this time. Shall we my love?" Maiathreen says and then he leaps out into the rain and takes flight heading towards the wharf rushing headlong towards whatever fate and Servais have in store for him.


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

"Maiathreen!" Aylaeth calls out loudly and sharply, looking with a frown between the airborne Aealler and their Captain. It was not her place to say, yet while true their Captain -who had been unusually quiet of late- did allow an unusual amount of leniency and freedom in his unit, still, this was a military unit, and thus its individual members were not free to simply come and go as they pleased.

Not sure what to do, she turns to the only other female in the group, her friend "Livain! I know not what has got into him to just take off like that, but I beg you get your husband to return immediately before he draws the wrath of Captain Lamorak!"

With at least that fire hopefully put out, she next moves to stand beside the paladine knight Justahl. For he clearly seems to know the approaching guard and the magus hopes to also speak with the Stormfarian and get things moving along as quickly as possible.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

"Excellent plan Kelne" Jorzan nods as he looks at the Northern warrior. "We have one teleport scroll left, but if we're to get another quickly, I think Karthan here may be our best shot of getting it. Although..." as he looks around the quad, placing their exact position "I may know someone nearby who could provide one as well"
Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)
DM wrote:


"Who would you be, here in the quad at this hour? I am Sergeant Mar Lannstrom of the Paladine of Izmir, who goes there?" You can see the gleam of guttering torchlight off the sergeant's plate armor about 50 meters away.
Justahl smiles in recognition as the paladin speaks,

Sir Justahl roars out; "Don't you recognize a Knight of Izmir when you see one Seargent!" He strides forward as he exchanges salutes with the surprised Seargent, then puts him in a bearhug.


Male Half-Orc Sorcerer, 8th, Brass Draconic Bloodine

"Sergeant, I need to talk to my mother. Immediately. It's an emergency. We'll need to requisition two scrolls of teleportation. Do you know where she is?"

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39 Intimidate to impress upon the Sergeant the urgency of the mission.


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Min and Lin didot stop, if there Skynight insignia wasn't enough to prove who they were then his comrades could take care of the rest. Besides, dragons didn't turn on a copper piece. Especially when this heavily loaded. Min prepared for the tongue lashing he would receive for breaking ranks but if the fire was an abnormality, then he'd rather investigate then stand around.

Lin and Min held to a low altitude, flying over the main streets unarmed so they weren't perceived as a threat. Hopefully...


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Ah, I missed that Min & Lin took off too, but I'll just roll with how it is and say that Aylaeth also somehow (how do you miss a big silver dragon taking off??) missed it as well : P


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

"Make sure we get somebody to take a look at Kevin and somewhere to store the tapestries," Kelne reminded Karthan, since he was taking the lead in arrangements, "As soon as we get them under cover, I'm going back in to break out the prisoners. They've been in there long enough already, and might just have useful information." Since the Skyknights were off to investigate the harbour, it fell to them to organise things, and Kelne intended to do right by the gem-bound prisoners.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

"And this one too" Jorzan adds, giving Lenny a light shove with his foot "If they're to have any chance of curing the boy, they're going to need to know whatever this one knows. Whatever we're doing though, let's make it fast."

He then turns to Kelne, his opinion and the Northerners once again moving in different directions. "Again Kelne, just because those in the gems were the enemies of Omir, does not mean they are good or that they will be any friends of ours. I agree with you that they could posses useful information, but our time is short enough, having to deal with potentially hostile prisoners may just take up all the time we have left. Like you say, they've likely been in there a while, so a little longer isn't going to hurt them any. But we miss our shot at Ormir, that may be the last one we ever get. And besides all of that, surely you don't mean to free the demon?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Kelne gave Jorzan a studiously level look, "Of course I don't mean to free the demon," he said, "And I shall charitably assume that you're being facetious, rather than thinking me an idiot. I could easily delay their release, I suppose. Let them stay cooped up while we deal with Ormir. Let them stay there if we decide we have other urgent business. Or while we sort through the treasure. Or dither about how somebody Ormir locked up might be evil, dangerous or both." A distinct tone of anger had crept into his voice, "These are peoples' lives, Jorzan. Every minute they remain unjustly imprisoned is a minute too long. So yes, now that we're not under siege by an army, I'll take a minute to correct that injustice while Karthan is sorting out our travel arrangements. And if they're stupid enough to attack myself and a couple of burly friends, after we've freed them, then may whatever gods they worship have mercy on them, because I certainly won't."


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Jorzan simply shakes his head, knowing well by now that the chances of convincing Kelne when he had that tone of voice and look in his eye were slim to none. Instead he just nmutters darkly "And may the Gods help us that we still have a shot at taking down Ormir once we're finished playing 'rescuing heroes'."

Knowing that Kelne was going back regardless of what he said to convince him otherwise, the shadowdancer resolved to head back in with him to help move things along as quickly as possible. They'd really need Justahl along as well, to make sure they weren't releasing more evil into the world. But would the paladine be willing to leave Cassandra behind? Should he? They hadn't even freed the others yet and already they were a problem to the rogue's way of thinking.

2,801 to 2,850 of 4,264 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Seer's Journey - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.