Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Seer's Journey - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

A young refugee girl, blessed by the gods with foresight, is accompanied by six warriors to one of the most dangerous places in the world, where a great hero will die.


101 to 150 of 4,262 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

@Tanel: Once again, the gnoll seems distracted by the rot-stinking bag on the ground. Taking advantage of its momentary lapse, you charge in and bury your halberd into its guts. Gurgling an agonized yelp, it manages a feeble swing while you wrest your blade from its torso.

The gnoll swings...1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Wait, so you're at Touch AC? Gah, that's my bad. If so, then that last attack would have hit you, and so would this one. Here's damage for whatever hit you, if either one.
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Pffft. Flesh wound!

@Agon: As the gnoll attempts to fight on, you notice inside the house three more gnolls, all similarly armed and armored, are charging down the steps. You also see two glowing...spectres? maybe? charging up the street from the direction you hear horses' hooves. You think you might see the outline of a horse, but you definitely see a blue-white glow, the shape of a sword, and blazing golden halo. Both colors are like that of kings, of gods, of the divine power of rule and justice.

Right now, though, the main color you see is red, as you raise your bow with righteous fury, your hands each glowing the pure, calming blue-white of Ki power. Moving faster than the human eye can follow, you fire five arrows in mere seconds, the first hits the gnoll in the temple and pins its head to the door with a horrid SPLAT, shooting out a spray of blood. Your second shot misses but shatters a chunk of the door with a whooming crack and sends giant splinters spraying against the wall. Your last three shots all pound through the gnoll's breastplate, reducing it to a hirsute pincushion.

@Tanel: Momentarily shielding your eyes from the carnage you and Agon are wreaking, you look left and see that a group of hunched and robed figures are rushing down the alley, pushing a handcart. You figure you have a bit of time before they're on you. It's tough to count in the rain of water and blood, but you'd guess a dozen or so.

Gnoll is dead, you two, feel free to act simultaneously though we're still basically in turns. You each have two turns in which to do whatever before all these gnolls and that glowing whatever-it-is are on you.


Male Human, Goremean Zen Archer Monk 6

Uh, dude, you are reading my posts, right? I'm a Zen Archer. I shoot arrows, I normally don't punch unless I wanna use Scorpion Style to make them all slow and easy to shoot at.


@Karthan: Archer #1: 1d20 ⇒ 13, Archer #2: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Can't recall the status of your armor aside from casting Mage armor. Does that have you at 18 or 22? Not that it matters with attack rolls like that. Regardless, DC24 Concentration check for your friend on the roof, casting while injured: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

The archers each fire but the arrows go wide, thunking into the wet earth. The caster, his flesh still burning, yells in anger and jumps up, walking over to where the archers are. They point you out to him. Behind him, the bizarre lights continue to fade. You notice that as they fade, the massive, roaring and swirling funnel cloud over the library starts to slow down and seems to be starting to dissipate.

Caster is inserting himself into combat, goes last. Your turn!


Agon wrote:
Uh, dude, you are reading my posts, right? I'm a Zen Archer. I shoot arrows, I normally don't punch unless I wanna use Scorpion Style to make them all slow and easy to shoot at.

Ahahahahahaaa, whoops! Duh. Fixed now. Sorry 'bout that, I have a monk in one of the IRL campaigns who is NOT a zen archer, so I'm kind of programmed for "flurry of blows" = "a bazillion punches" and I went on autopilot. What can I say, it's Friday. :-p Thanks for the catch!


Male Human, Goremean Zen Archer Monk 6

The giant monk remains where he is, already pulling another arrow back on the taut bowstring. "Get your bearings, they'll be upon us in a moment."

Powerful muscles pull back further and further until the string is almost ready to snap before he unleashes the first of many arrows at the gnolls charging down the stairs.

S'cool. I'm assuming you used my first flurry set rolled above for the last one, right? The second flurry probably misses all of them if they're using the same equipment as the last one, while the third probably ... has all of them hitting.

Since I'm not sure how you want to handle it or how many you used for the last descriptive sequence, I'll leave the exact handling of how successful his shots until they arrive to you, chief.


Male

Karthan steps inside the door to break line of sight on the archers and the spellcaster (You'd said I'd spotted them just before going in) and casts shield on himself. (AC was 18, is now 22)

2d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2) + 5 = 11 Flaming Acid Arrow - round 3 of 3.

Note that for anyone watching from outside - that spellcaster is coated in something very much like napalm.


Agon wrote:

The giant monk remains where he is, already pulling another arrow back on the taut bowstring. "Get your bearings, they'll be upon us in a moment."

Powerful muscles pull back further and further until the string is almost ready to snap before he unleashes the first of many arrows at the gnolls charging down the stairs.

S'cool. I'm assuming you used my first flurry set rolled above for the last one, right? The second flurry probably misses all of them if they're using the same equipment as the last one, while the third probably ... has all of them hitting.

Since I'm not sure how you want to handle it or how many you used for the last descriptive sequence, I'll leave the exact handling of how successful his shots until they arrive to you, chief.

'Twas just the first two; I used your flurry with mostly misses for effect on this gnoll so that your last ones (which have more hits) will take out more enemies. :-D


Male Human (Bennelad) Oracle 7

I'm not on touch AC, my AC is 15 at the mo. +2 Dex, +3 from shield of faith! Should hav emade that clear! So the first hits, the second doesn't! 3 damage!

Tanel rubs at the scratch inflicted by the now fallen gnoll. 'I think I might, add to my defenses.'

Tanel mutters a series of strange words, each ringing clear like the sound of a cry above the noise of battle. Casting magic vestement, to make my AC 16.

'And now to set about some battle power!' with a wink to Agon, Tanel casts another spell, and again the sounds of distant battle flicker at the edge of hearing. When he finishes his muscles seem to tauten, they don't get any bigger, they just seem to be coiled and filled with greater power. And bull's strength! Now I'll hopefully be better able to contribute to the fighting!


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Seeing that the man hadn't managed to get the hint, Kelne decided to deal with it himself if he could. Stepping to get a better angle, he brought his sword around in a tight arc that intercepted with the skull necklace.

Sunder attempt: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

No improved sunder, so this will provoke an AoO. Not sure if flanking counts for a sunder attack or not.


@Sir Justahl: Give me a perception check, please.


Male Human, Goremean Zen Archer Monk 6

As the gnolls come closer and closer, Agon unleashes arrow after arrow into their bestial hides, a myriad of deadly missiles raining at them!

The next two rolls for flurries were Flurry 3 (19, 17, 15) and Flurry 4 (21, 14, 7). Since I'm not sure how many of 1 and 2 hit I'll just reroll damage.

1d8 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
1d8 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
1d8 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
1d8 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
1d8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
1d8 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


@Kelne: You looking to Destroy or just Break?


Agon wrote:

As the gnolls come closer and closer, Agon unleashes arrow after arrow into their bestial hides, a myriad of deadly missiles raining at them!

The next two rolls for flurries were Flurry 3 (19, 17, 15) and Flurry 4 (21, 14, 7). Since I'm not sure how many of 1 and 2 hit I'll just reroll damage.

1d8+12
1d8+12
1d8+12
1d8+12
1d8+12
1d8+12

This is at the ones coming down the stairs in the house, right?


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Destroy, definitely.


@Karthan: DC25 concentration check for the caster on the roof: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

As you step into the library, you hear a howl of frustration echoing over the rain outside. "NOOOOOOOO!! KILL HIM! GET DOWN THERE AND KILL HIM!!!

Rounding the corner, you see the carnage developing around Kelne and Jorzan. Give me a fresh initiative roll and we'll insert you into this next upcoming round. No one in the library has seen you yet.


Kelne wrote:
Destroy, definitely.

hahahaa! Excellent.


@Jorzan, @Karthan, @Kelne: with a warrior's roar, Kelne connects his blade with the small, bone necklace around the caster's neck. There is a massive WHUMPH and a blast of green arcane power shoots out from the mage's neck in a ring, neatly decapitating him and expanding out from his now-headless corpse, flying towards you and the terrified gnolls. The towering spectral figure suddenly just disappears in a second blast of greenish-white light.

All three of you give me Reflex saves, please. Reflex save for the Gnolls: 1d20 ⇒ 20. The students are just plain out of luck.


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Half-Orc Sorcerer, 8th, Brass Draconic Bloodine

Forgot about my Ring of Protection +1. AC is 23 for the next 6 rounds.

Reflex save:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Initiative:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Stealth to avoid being seen by the Gnolls presumably coming down from the roof:

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

Stealth to avoid being seen by the people in the library:

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

With rolls that good, I think I'll justify it as I re-set the clothing to match the background of the library foyer and used the fact that I was almost weaned in this building to find the perfect hiding spot...

Perception to see if any of the Gnolls or Hobgoblins in the library are armed with ranged weapons.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

If they are, they become the top targets.

Otherwise, holding my actions for the Gnolls I suspect are coming through the door - I'll be throwing a Flaming Magic Missile (two on one, one on the other) when they come into view on the next turn, with 5 foot step to line up a 30' step and burning hands next turn.


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Reflex:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 + Evasion
Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


Male Human (Bennelad) Oracle 7

Tanel, imbued with his ,agic is ready to try and stand between Agon adn anyone hostile, to let him keep using his bow.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Sir Justahl Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
.Also Darkvision 60

Nouhves Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
.Includes Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception +6
Thats right Mr. Backstabby, you were caught by a HORSE!


Male Human, Goremean Zen Archer Monk 6
DM Downrightamazed wrote:

This is at the ones coming down the stairs in the house, right?

Yes.


@Kelne: the concussion from the arcane blast knocks you to the ground and slides you along the floor. You come banging to a stop when you collide with a table leg. Through sheer physical prowess and strength of will, you held on to your sword. No damage to you, and you keep your place in Initiative order, but you gain the Prone condition. Nearest enemy is a pair of Gnolls approaching you. They are 10' away.

@Jorzan: You have wrapped yourself in the heavy shadows thrown by braziers on the walls, many of which have burned out, giving you ample shadow with which to work. Watching the battle, sizing up opportunities, you see at the last second what the other warrior was talking about when he said "go for the amulet" and this is all the warning you need. Your uncanny quickness allows you to duck behind a marble column as the arcane blast washes past you.
Nearest enemy is three gnolls in and amongst the tables, they are 20' away, peering into the shadows trying to determine where you went. Opposed perception checks to see you:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

The few gnolls that were paying attention to your maneuvers are looking frantically into the heavy draperies and shadows where you are hidden, but do not see you. Nonetheless, they are approaching your general area.

@Karthan: The concussion of the blast knocks you to the ground and slides you back behind the circulation counter. This is good in that the circ. counter happens to be a superb place to take cover and still have full view of both the main room where the gnolls are, and the main doors. This is bad in that your best option for camouflage is to have your vest take on the pattern of the wallpaper which here is very old and quite frankly in rather poor taste. You gain the Prone condition.

However, before the explosion, you were able to ascertain that none of the gnolls here in the main room have ranged weapons. Also,your stealth rolls are too high to be seen by any of them, so consider yourself hidden and under full cover behind the circ. desk.

After the phantasmic elven spellcaster disappeared, all the students started waking up, which is causing a huge racket as they find that some of their friends are now dead, some are currently being eaten by a gnoll right next to them, and some of them have wounds from said gnawing. A couple, horribly, wake up while a gnoll is chewing on some part of their anatomy. These are the ones who shriek the loudest, usually to the intense amusement of the gnolls. Of the 20 gnolls in the main room here, only six have so little self-control as to still be trying to have dinner after the spellcaster detonated.

Initiative order is now:
Jorzan
Karthan
Kelne
Gnolls

Jorzan, your turn. Fight!


Sir Justahl of NeoWald wrote:

Sir Justahl Perception: 1d20+2

.Also Darkvision 60

Nouhves Perception: 1d20+6
.Includes Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception +6
Thats right Mr. Backstabby, you were caught by a HORSE!

Damn dude your horse effin' ROCKS!


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

Well, Kelne was still alive, and undamaged save for his pride. That was a definite plus. He was, however, extremely angry. And, with the spellcaster out of the equation, he was free to take out that anger on the cannibalistic gnolls who'd been gnawing on the poor students.

"Come on then, you wretched cowards," he snarled, pushing himself to his feet and leveling his still-bloody sword at the closest pair of gnolls, "Who wants to die first?"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Half-Orc Sorcerer, 8th, Brass Draconic Bloodine

Do I know roughly where the 'fireball will work' zone is? By any chance is there a spot on the floor to indicate where the dwoemersink begins? :)

My thinking is to cast message at Jorzan and the other person I saw attacking gnolls, and point out the kill zone, then fireball a bunch of gnolls to soften them up for easy killing. For that to work I need to know where the safe area is.

Or should I wait to fireball the gnolls/'caster if they get bracketed by the door before they come in?


@Sir Justahl: Stealth check for Gnoll Assassin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Damn, right on the money. As you race up the street, you can now clearly see which house The Light is over. This is one of those buildings where the bottom is a store, and the shopkeepers keep quarters upstairs. You can hear the rapid ZIP ZIP ZIP of arrows being fired, and you can see a giant of a man standing just outside the door, each hand surrounded by a calming blue glow and moving with superhuman speed. You hear the distinctive yelp of a wounded -- or dead -- creature from inside as his arrows apparently find their mark. Behind the giant is a gruff-looking man in traveler's clothes, but his somewhat plain appearance belies power; you can see divine discs of energy coalescing about him, arcing grey and silver lines of energy. He stands in a battle position, halberd at the ready. Suddenly , Nouhves lets out a whinny and angles his body slightly off course for just a moment. Looking that way, you see a hooded figure, in black, sneaking up behind the halberd-wielding man. You also see the group of cloaked figures who had earlier been trying to block your way getting in position up ahead of you. They overturn their handcart, man what is it with these guys and handcarts? two taking cover behind it and the other ten starting to rush forward.

@Agon: I'm going to say that you were able to use Flurries 3,4, & 5 in the time it takes for Tanel to prepare and Justahl to ride up. 'Zat cool? Standing stoically, immovable in the pouring rain, your hands are still a blur, creating an outline in the wet air with the twin nimbi of ki energy that surround them. They never falter. You blast a volley of arrows at the three gnolls charging recklessly down the stairs. They have no choice but to approach single file, which is their doom. The first gnoll staggers and careens down the stairs when you hit it, causing your next two arrows to fly wide, but when it rights itself, you immediately range back in and drop an arrow through its skull, sending it crashing to the floor, dead.

The second gnoll is quicker, and throws off your mark, causing you to miss twice before it has to vault over an old table. While it is in the air, you shatter its hip and lung, and it lands with a heavy thud, sliding up to your feet, lifeless.

The last gnoll leapt down the stairs and charged straight for you, closing the distance with alarming speed as you shot down gnoll number two, but at the last possible second, with the gnoll's glaive merely feet from your belly, you execute a flawless snapshot through its forehead, jerking it back and snapping its neck, nearly reversing its momentum as it flips back and also lands at your feet, dead.

@Tanel: standing where you are, you see that the dozen robed figures have overturned their handcart, the bottom of which, you note, is reinforced with steel. Two of them pull bows off their backs and duck behind the cart, the other ten start to rush in.

@Tanel and @Agon: Hearing a loud whinny and the sound of horse hooves approaching, you look around in time to see a stunningly handsome -- if rather bedraggled at the moment -- man, in majestic armor and glowing with divine power, his sword outlined in a magical glow, closing the distance. He points behind you, and you see another enemy that was attempting to sneak up on you.

Both of you also note the chanting upstairs has reached a loud, fever pitch.

Okay, here's the layout. Tanel and Agon are standing at the door. If you were to face the door, then Justahl is 30' away coming up on your right. Mr. Sneakypants Assassin is 15' away, coming up behind you, and to your left are the other 12 figures, 30' away. Two of those have full cover, the rest are in the open and preparing to charge. Justahl you are 30' away from the open door (and the assassin) and closing fast. Make sense to everyone?

New combat with new people so let's get new initiative.
Assassin: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Archers behind cart: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Warriors preparing to charge: 1d20 ⇒ 15

All three of you, initiative, please.


Karthan Zhosk wrote:

Do I know roughly where the 'fireball will work' zone is? By any chance is there a spot on the floor to indicate where the dwoemersink begins? :)

My thinking is to cast message at Jorzan and the other person I saw attacking gnolls, and point out the kill zone, then fireball a bunch of gnolls to soften them up for easy killing. For that to work I need to know where the safe area is.

Or should I wait to fireball the gnolls/'caster if they get bracketed by the door before they come in?

Oh, you know exactly where it is. The entire main room and stacks are off-limits for magic. The area where you are is legit, so yes, you could hit the guys coming in the doors, but any magicking will just fizzle as soon as it crosses the threshold from the foyer into the main room.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
I cast "Bless Weapon" on my sword, but still using lance.


Kelne wrote:

Well, Kelne was still alive, and undamaged save for his pride. That was a definite plus. He was, however, extremely angry. And, with the spellcaster out of the equation, he was free to take out that anger on the cannibalistic gnolls who'd been gnawing on the poor students.

"Come on then, you wretched cowards," he snarled, pushing himself to his feet and leveling his still-bloody sword at the closest pair of gnolls, "Who wants to die first?"

Intimidate: 1d20+7

@Kelne, that is going to succeed. Assuming you're using it as a standard action, I'll just combine that with your move action to get up and call it your turn and insert it into the appropriate spot. This means a few Gnolls around you have all gained the Shaken condition, including the ones approaching Jorzan.


Sir Justahl of NeoWald wrote:

Initiative: 1d20+1

I cast "Bless Weapon" on my sword, but still using lance.

I take it you're casting as Nouhves brings you closer? Or are you going to stay 40' away?


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

You said I had a couple of rounds before I rode up to the house, I used the time to cast two spells. If I only had time for one, it would be the Divine Favor.


Sir Justahl of NeoWald wrote:
You said I had a couple of rounds before I rode up to the house, I used the time to cast two spells. If I only had time for one, it would be the Divine Favor.

Oh right! You never specified your actions while Tanel was buffing and Agon was nuking gnolls. Yup, that's totally legit. You can cast two spells during your approach. So you've cast Bless Weapon and Divine Favor, then? Gotcha. By the time we come around to you in initiative you will have those buffs in place, and you will be within striking range of...well whoever, basically. You'll be at the open door where Agon and Tanel are.


Aasimar Paladin (Shining Knight) L11 | AC29 (t11,ff28) | CMD28 | hp 133/133 | Save F17 R11 W13 | Percep +2 (Nouhves Percep +6)

Sizing up the situation, Sir Justahl will shout "Beware! Behind you!"
On my turn, Charge Power attack against the assassin.

Charge Lance Power attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 22
IF hit, damage: 2d8 + 26 ⇒ (6, 5) + 26 = 37


Male Human (Bennelad) Oracle 7

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 I'm betting my Dex is lower than the assassin's and archers', but better than the warriors'. So I go after thethe quicker enemies, and just before they charge.

I'm assuming Agon will get better init with his plus eight, so I'll wait for him and the assassins to go. If theres a long gap between me posting, I'm probably in an exam. And Tanel will do his best to back Agon up so he can stay being a death machine with his bow. He has AC 16, hp 59 and Atk +12 (1d10+10) at the moment, and will likely use Power Attack.


Male Human, Goremean Zen Archer Monk 6

Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male Human Rogue(Poisoner) 5/ Shadowdancer 6| AC23 T17 F18; HP 88/88, CMD 22, F/R/W 6/14/7, Percep +20 Drkvsn 60', Init +6

Still furious over the Gnolls preying on the students Jorzan screams out "Die you cursed ghoulls!" as he sprints from his hidden position to try and slash his blade across the throat of one of them
Attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 plus sneak attack:3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 1) = 10


All y'all in the library: After the phantasmic sorceress vanishes, you notice that the gnolls suddenly seem…smaller, like they shrunk a little bit.

@Jorzan: Leaping out, the gnolls are caught completely by surprise. Your rapier gouges a huge slash across the lead gnoll's neck. It seems…oddly shocked that you gouged it so deeply so quickly. It flails its arms uselessly as it falls back dead. you now have two others closing in, one is 10' to the left, one is 10' to the right.

@Karthan: still no sign of the archers. Give me a perception check please.

DM Note only:

Stealth checks for gnolls:1d20 ⇒ 11 and 1d20 ⇒ 9
For Oracle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

@Kelne: You stand tall and roar in defiance, causing the now-leaderless gnolls to suddenly look unsure in addition to being diminished.

All gnolls are now -2 until the end of Kelne's next turn.
The remaining two Gnolls by Jorzan launch an attack!
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
The two gnolls in front of Kelne attack!
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The gnolls -- confused, shrunk, intimidated -- are unable to catch Jorzan or Kelne with their blades. The fighter and shadowdancer deftly avoid their clumsy assaults.

Back around to Jorzan, I'll work in Karthan depending on the result of his check.


Initiative order is:
Agon: 18
Justahl: 16
Tanel: 15
Archers behind cart: 15
Warriors preparing to charge: 15
Assassin: 10

@Agon: Your turn, attack! (BTW, It looks to you like the newcomer charging on the horse has a solid bead drawn on the assassin sneaking in.)

@Justahl: gonna see what Agon does and then insert your turn. That attack roll will CRUSH the assassin, though.


Male Human Fighter 8, Ranger 3

It looked very much as if the tide was turning, Kelne decided as he set about cutting down the gnoll on his left. The gnolls had lost their leaders and might actually break and flee if they could only kill enough of them in convincing fashion. As far as he was concerned, that moment couldn't come soon enough.

Full Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Critical confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Extra damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Half-Orc Sorcerer, 8th, Brass Draconic Bloodine

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25 Perception for Karthan


Male Human, Goremean Zen Archer Monk 6

"I preferred the gnolls," Agon comments to Tanel as he takes a step to the side, trying to clear a path for Justahl. He is assuming that the shining bright knight is on their side rather than the gnolls' -- while appearances may be deceiving, right now it seems like the most sensible option, considering he is charging straight at the would-be assassin behind them.

His eyes widen for a moment as he realizes the actual size of the group rushing towards them, but this doesn't keep him from reflexively reaching for yet another arrow, and soon another volley of deadly projectiles flies towards these hooded aggressors as his fingers are surrounded by the light-blue mist once again.

Expending Ki Pool for extra attacks now. Since I'll be heading to bed now, I'll roll flurries for two rounds and will use a Ki point to gain an extra attack for each, leaving him with 5/8 uses. He is, of course, also using Deadly Aim. If he finds they are hard to hit, he'll use Perfect Strike once during the second flurry (I'm marking that one, if at least half of the first attack set hits disregard).

Flurry 1
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 111d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 171d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Damage
1d8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 131d8 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 181d8 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 201d8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Flurry 2
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 181d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 191d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 251d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Perfect Strike for first attack of Flurry 2, if applicable as stated above:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Damage
1d8 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 181d8 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 191d8 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 181d8 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Karthan Zhosk wrote:
1d20+12 Perception for Karthan

You see the two archers and the mage from the roof doing a poor job of hiding just outside the main doors. They are 30' away.


Kelne wrote:

It looked very much as if the tide was turning, Kelne decided as he set about cutting down the gnoll on his left. The gnolls had lost their leaders and might actually break and flee if they could only kill enough of them in convincing fashion. As far as he was concerned, that moment couldn't come soon enough.

Full Attack: 1d20+12
1d20+7

Damage: 1d8+8
1d8+8

Critical confirm: 1d20+7
Extra damage: 1d8+8

@Kelne: The first gnoll stops short and rears back a bit, causing your blade to whistle past just in front of it. Annoyed by this, you let out a low growl, and swing your blade around in a murderous arc, neatly beheading the second gnoll.


@Karthan: You have two actions now, bud, to bring you back current since we're kind of scooting along around you.


Male Half-Orc Sorcerer, 8th, Brass Draconic Bloodine

Karthan shifts the point where his voice comes from to 40' below him, into the basement of the library, begins his casting, pops up from behind the desk and throws fireball out the doorway, such that its detonation point is 10' past the door. It should be enough to catch the rest of the interlopers with one burst area.

Then, without so much as waiting to see if it goes off, he turns around and begins casting Magic Missile, throwing one missile at each of three gnolls, picked more or less at random. He bellows, "Over HERE!"

6d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 1, 1, 1, 2, 6) + 9 = 24 Fireball, DC 20 Reflex save

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Magic Missile on Gnoll, no save.
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Magic Missile on Gnoll, no save.
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Magic Missile on Gnoll, no save.


@Agon: I'm assuming you're firing at one target until it's dead? 'Cos using your perfect strike roll you will kill three of them.

Agon's brutal aim and lightning accuracy drops three of the gnolls to the left before they can even mount their charge. The gurgling yips and howls of dying gnolls combines with the rain hammering on tile and cobblestone and the bizarre chanting upstairs.

@Justahl: Charging, alight with righteous fury, your lance connects with the would-be assassin's head, exploding it like an overripe melon. It doesn't even have a chance to scream as it dies and viscera showers the street.

Tanel, your turn, sir.


Karthan Zhosk wrote:

Karthan shifts the point where his voice comes from to 40' below him, into the basement of the library, begins his casting, pops up from behind the desk and throws fireball out the doorway, such that its detonation point is 10' past the door. It should be enough to catch the rest of the interlopers with one burst area.

Then, without so much as waiting to see if it goes off, he turns around and begins casting Magic Missile, throwing one missile at each of three gnolls, picked more or less at random. He bellows, "Over HERE!"

6d6+9 Fireball, DC 20 Reflex save

1d4+1 Magic Missile on Gnoll, no save.
1d4+1 Magic Missile on Gnoll, no save.
1d4+1 Magic Missile on Gnoll, no save.

Gnoll saves:
1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 ⇒ 16
Mage save:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

The mage, perhaps getting wind of a spell, dives to the side. The gnolls have no idea what's happening and get incinerated by the fireball, falling into charred lumps of fur and bone.

You turn and start rifling magic missiles. Three gnolls yelp in surprise and pain as your arcane bolts hit them square.


Gnolls to come tomorrow.

101 to 150 of 4,262 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Seer's Journey - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.