Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Secrets of the Sunderlands

Game Master GM Netherfire


401 to 450 of 2,794 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Game Master

The arrow strikes the dwarf in the shoulder, and he pulls his attention from the fire. He fiercely wags his beard at Balion.


Game Master

One of the ballistae crew stoops to pick up Rolg’s dropped guisarme, hazardously close to the biggest standing pirate. Attack of Oppourtunity 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25, Confirm 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Damage 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (1, 1) + 7 = 9
Staggering under the blow, the crewman takes the weapon and tosses it to another crewman, one very close to a grappling ballista bolt. The catcher swings the blade, attempting to sever the rope. Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Damage 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 1 = 6
The sailor slices the line. Now only two lines remain.
“Agrid, dwarf. Outta tah way, numbnuts!” Golo bellows, making a beeline to the other grappling bolts, attempting to run through Rolg’s pirate dancing partner.
Overrun attempt 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Sunder 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Golo shoulders past the pirate, and hacks away at the protruding bolt with one of his blades.
The rest of the ballistae crews follow suit, drawing their scimitars and moving to the bolts. The sailors that flank the boarders attack the remaining two.

Crunch:

Shipmate Sunder 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Shipmate Sunder 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Shipmate Sunder 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Shipmate Sunder 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Shipmate Sunder 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Shipmate Sunder 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Shipmate Sunder 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Shipmate Sunder 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Shipmate Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20, Confirm 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Shipmate Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Many crewmen chip away at the ballistae, but Wanderlust is not yet cut free. As the big pirate cuts down his fellow crewman, a sailor sees an opening, and runs the muscular boarder through. He falls, dead.

Captain Rettley takes aim at the Captain Longwater. Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 He misses.


Blech, I worded that weird^^. The big pirate cut down the sailor grabbing the guisarme, and the guisarme-grabber's shipmate ran the big pirate through. Sorry for any confusion.
Simon repositions himself behind Bolgrith to attack the last remaining boarder.
Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
The spear thrust punctures armor and juts out the back, directly in the heart. The last pirate aboard the Wanderlust collapses lifelessly.


Male Human Ranger

Balion yells to the crew of the Wanderlust,"Wait! It is not us who should flee from them, but they who ought to run from us." Balion looks to Rolg for support, emphasizing that this may be one of their best chances to become rich. "There is gold a plenty aboard their ship."


High Captain Longwater seems thoroughly put-out at the quick slaughter of his boarders, including his best two.
“Boarders, go!”
The captain pulls a small jar hanging from his belt under his coat, leans back, and lobs the jar onto the Wanderlust deck. Ranged Touch 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 2 = 24 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5 fire damage. It explodes on Squalls enormous chest, and splashes to those nearby. Squall takes 5 fire damage. Rolg, Simon, and Bolgrith take 1 fire damage.
Four more boarders swing across the gap, their scimitars thirsty for blood. All the momentum of the rope swing goes into their attacks.

Crunch:

Pirate Attack on Squall 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Pirate Attack on Simon 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Pirate Attack on Rolg 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Pirate Attack on Bolgrith 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

But those on the Wanderlust anticipate the attack. One of the boarders manages to clip Squall's leg with his blade. Squall take 2 damage.
Satisfied that the fire is dying out on its own, the pirate dwarf Tigg claps his hands above his head, and releases them with muttering and odd gestures. He grins at Balion, as though challenging him to shoot again as he steps back and retakes the helm.

"Ballistae crews! Get the wildfire!" The High Captain gestures to the topdeck cabin. Crewmen rush at his order.

The archers of the Lusty Lady loose another volley. Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

You guys are up! Recap: Four new boarders are on the ship, one on Squall, Simon, Rolg, and Bolgrith. Squall is still burning from the alchemical fire (see discussion). Tigg just cast a spell, roll Spellcraft to determine the spell.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori

Bolgrith slams his shield with his ax and lowers his head. Blue flame envelopes his body and spreads across the ship. Healing all wounded.

Chanel Energy 1d6 ⇒ 2
Wanted to get this in before the borders took any damage.


Male Hobgoblin (Shielded) Fighter 4

"Wildfire? Gods be damned... Cut the ropes! Get us loose!"

Fighting Defensively with Combat Expertise. AC=24

Rolg moves away from the fight and draws his longsword, forsaking the flail as he goes. He hack at one of the ropes holding the Wanderlust to the Lusty Lady.

Sunder 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Dicks...

"Golo, help me! We must get free! Ballion we must get out of here!"


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori

Seeing the grin on the enemy helmsdwarf Bolgrith is curious. He begins scanning the ship to see if he can figure out what he's up to.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Game Master

The ropes are attached to the far end of the ballista bolt. You will need a slashing reach weapon to slice the rope, or normal melee weapons to just chop away at the wooden bolt.
Rolg's attacker swings as the hobgoblin moves to the grappler bolts. Attack of Opportunity1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 However, the sellsword is too quick and is already away.
When Rolg reaches the two remaining bolts, he finds one halfway hacked through by Golo and crewmen, and the other with weak chips on the surface. Sadly, his strike has little effect.

Bolgrith:
It appears that Tigg cast Sanctuary.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori

"Don't attack the dwarf! He's cast a spell, you won't be able to hit him!" Bolgrith calls out to all on deck.


Squall roars at the fire, sighs with the blue light of healing, and then reaches down and swipes at the rope to the bolt's rope.

Because he's large and has reach now can he reach the rope? I think? Claw 1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Claw 2 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human Sorcerer 4

Aladdin, seeing his Eidolon on fire, casts Drench on him to put out the flames.


Game Master

You are right, Squall's reach allows him to make natural attack against the rope. Unless Squall has the Pounce feat, he can only take one claw attack, because it will take a move action to get to the bolts.

Squall snaps a rope with a savage swipe of his claw. There is one rope left keeping the ships tethered.
"Archers hold! Set all sails!" Captain Rettley shouts.


Male Human Ranger

Balion stops firing arrows at the captains word and takes cover behind the mast.


Game Master

The sailor wielding Rolg’s guisarme rushes in, and swings at the last rope. Sunder 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Damage 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 1 = 7 The last rope is cut, and the Wanderlust begins to pull away from the pirate ship. The crew cheers, but Golo shouts.
“Shaddup! We ain’t away yet. T’ey’s got sails an’ oars, remember!"
He starts tying one end of a coiled rope around his waist. “Only one t’ing for et. I’ll snap t’eir rudder off –can’t follow us t’en. Don’ lose tah ot’er end o’ t’is rope, an’ kep t’em destracted.”
With a thudding sprint, he charges to the stern of the ship. The crew is now busy opening any closed sail, and Captain Rettley takes the helm. “Ballistae crews! Reload! Let’s give them something to remember us by!”

The ballistae crews scramble to reload.
The ships are now twenty feet away, with the stern of the Wanderlust parallel with the Lusty Lady’s mainmast. Golo is running (but ran out of movement for this turn) to jump off the stern of the ship. He is twenty feet from the group, almost to the stern.


Simon takes the other end of the quickly uncoiling pile of rope and knots it to the mainmast.


Not expecting such a break in company, the four boarders see no reason to stay and fight. They bolt for the railing and make a leap for their ship. Bolgrith: make an attack of opportunity if you wish. Everyone else moved to hack at bolts or cut ropes.

Crunch:

Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

One sailor lands without a problem. Another is able to grab the railing, but the impact of his body slamming the hull causes him to fall, joining the other two the did not even make it that far. Three pirates swim for the Lusty Lady, shouting for help.
Other crewmen aboard the Lusty Lady file out of the topside cabin, each holding a small glass jar of orange liquid. They run to the railing of their ship and lob it toward the Wanderlust. (Don’t worry guys, it’s just Tang.)

Crunch:

Ranged Touch Attack 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 4 = 8 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 4
Ranged Touch Attack 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 4 = 5 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 3
Ranged Touch Attack 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 4 = 12 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 4
Ranged Touch Attack 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 4 = 17 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 4
Ranged Touch Attack 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 4 = 15 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 2
Ranged Touch Attack 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 4 = 9 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 3
Ranged Touch Attack 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 2 - 4 = 4 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1
Ranged Touch Attack 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 4 = 6 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 6

Despite the widening gap between ships, three spiraling jars reach the railing. One explodes at the feet of Rolg. Another pelts the guisarme-wielding sailor in the shoulder, and he screams as flames cover his body. The third hits an empty space on the deck, but the splashing flames get on Squall and other crewmen. Four of the thrown jars are a bit short, and explode against the hull of the Wanderlust, where the fire sizzles at the wood. One jar misses completely, splashes, and sinks. Very spicy Tang. Total damages: Rolg takes 5 fire damage. Squall takes 3 fire damage. Simon takes 1 fire damage. These were not a direct hits, none of you will take additional damage next round. Except that one sailor, he will.
The starboard side of the Wanderlust is on fire!

High Captain Longwater roars at the escape of his prey. “Oarsmen! To your stations! Archers! Set sails! And you rat-bastard! Pull your coward friends up!”
He points to the three swimming pirates.

“Don’t let them get away! Ballistae crews, reload!”
The deck of the Lusty Lady is a flurry of activity.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori

AoO 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6
Dmg 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

The dwarf sprints after Golo reaching his side just before he reaches the rail. Grabbing him by the shoulder he places one hand on his head, with the smallest of smirks he tells the hob; "You have my blessing."
Blue light spreads from his hand and encompasses the goblins head. A shimmering field of energy can be seen displacing the air around his head.

Cast Air Bubble on Golo's head

Seeing the fire on the ship he shouts for water as he positions himself towards the flames.


Male Human Sorcerer 4

Seeing the ropes tied off, Aladdin calls Squall to him and has him heft him onto his shoulder. Aladdin then flicks his hand and sends magical bolts streaking toward the helmsman.

Crunch:

Magiiiiiic Missssile!
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Trip Attempts
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Squall runs over to Aladdin and hefts him up on his shoulder.


Game Master

As the magic blasts from Aladdin's hand, the sorcerer feels a magical resistance as the missiles close in on the dwarven helmsman. Aladdin's Will save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 But the mage's focus punches through Tigg's divine protection. The dwarf is able to bear the impact of the first, but the second catches his knee, and he falls prone. The wheel begins to rotate aimlessly.


Male Hobgoblin (Shielded) Fighter 4

"Rettley! Get us away!"

Rolg snatches his guisarme back from the sailor.

"Good work. Stop, drop, and roll, and you'll be fine."

Rolg turns from the flaming sailor and addresses the crew of the Wanderlust.

"Oarsmen, to your oars. Get a few men aloft and set sails. The rest of you, get to work on the fires and if we're hit with more grapples, CUT THEM OFF! This is not a fight we need to stay in."

Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Intimidate: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


Game Master

The Lusty Lady appears to be the same size as the Wanderlust, the construction must be somewhat different, as the pirate ship has oar slots and the Wanderlust does not. The sailors shoot unsure glances at Golo and Captain Rettley as they hop to Rolg's orders in containing the fire and aid with the sails.


Male Human Ranger

Balion looks around the mast and takes a shot at the now prone dwarf helmsmen.Got you now.
Composite Lnbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
DMG 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Hobgoblin (Shielded) Fighter 4

Rolg almost decks Balion in his irritation.

"What part of fight the fires means shoot the dwarf and antagonize them further. Do as your told or there's no room on a ship for you!"


Game Master

Golo dives over the railing, and plunges under the surface, trailed by rope. He resurfaces near the rudder, and in a few powerful strokes, he wraps his powerful arms around the wooden rudder. STR 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 The wood snaps, and he grips the plank tightly to keep him afloat as he is dragged behind the Wanderlust.

With Tigg flat on the deck, the ranger has a harder time landing a shot. The arrow skims over the rail, and over the ship. The burning sailor drops to the deck, away from the fire, and rolls over the wood planking, batting at the blaze.

The sailors not busy with sails or ballistae pull off their shirts and begin beating the fire on the deck. Within seconds, burns mar the deck, but the topdeck fire is out. A large fire still rages on the starboard side, the base of the flames out of reach for those topside.
“We cannot reach tah fire on tah side! Priest! Stormboy! Put et out!” Vern shouts, his eyes wide with fear.

The Wanderlust pulls ahead of the Lusty Lady, with the pirate ship’s prow forty feet away from the mainmast of the Wanderlust. Captain Rettley shouts, “FIRE!”

Three massive bolts are loosed off the starboard side.

Crunch:

Ballista 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22, Confirm 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Damage 4d8 ⇒ (2, 2, 7, 3) = 14
Ballista 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Damage 4d8 ⇒ (7, 7, 4, 8) = 26
Ballista 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Damage 4d8 ⇒ (8, 3, 5, 4) = 20

All three missiles collide into the Lusty Lady hull with an explosion of wood. The figurehead is knocked clean off, and the name is rendered unreadable. Three jagged holes gape in the Lusty Lady's prow.
"Huzzah! Huzzah!" The crew of the Wanderlust cheer.


Simon runs below deck. “Cylar! We need water to put out a fire!” Sudden moans of dragged crates and rolling barrels rumble below deck.


“Dammit all! Up Tigg! Up! Get us going!” The High Captain rushes to the wheel, kicking the down dwarf along the way.

Oars sprout from the Lusty Lady’s hull, and dig into the surface, moving the ship ahead like spindly spider legs. The sails drop, and as Tigg stands, he holds his palms out toward the sails. A great wind billows from his hands into the sails, and the ship surges forward.

But the ship’s course sways port, the damaged prow narrowly missing the Wanderlust’s stern.
“S&+@ in Cayden’s cup!” The pirate captain jerks the useless wheel one way, then the other.

Golo begins swimming madly to avoid the out of control ship, but it looks doubtful that he will be out of the way in time.

You guys are up! Recap: The Lusty Lady is quickly moving in the wrong direction. Soon, her starboard will be turned to the Wanderlust’s stern (her port ballistae are loaded, they are not a danger). Golo is about to be run over by a gargantuan pirate ship (STR checks on the rope to pull him out of the way). A large fire still rages on the Wanderlust’s starboard side. It will take four Create Water or Drench to completely quench.


Squall tears over to the rope attached to Golo and Aladdin hops off near the starboard side. Squall grabs the rope and starts hauling Golo back to the ship.


Male Human Sorcerer 4

Aladdin runs over to where the fire and focuses. Storm clouds appear and starts raining down on the fire. Casting Drench


Male Hobgoblin (Shielded) Fighter 4

Rolg heads for the stern and the rope that holds Golo. He looks at Bolgrith and Aladdin as he goes.

"That fire better be out when I get back, lest we see just how much fire Squall can take."

STR 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Rolg pulls hard as he can to get Golo free of the huge ship.

"Rettley! Help me!"


Plus 2 strength due to being enlarged. Every round is six seconds right? 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Squall looks down at the hobgoblin as they're pulling in Golo. "Are you threatening to light me on fire, gobbo?"


Game Master

Some of the fire sputters out under the downpour, but most of the flames still lick at the hull. Golo is dragged out of the way of the pirate ship. He swings freely at the stern, just above the surface as the Wanderlust speeds away. One more STR check from Rolg and Squall might pull him aboard.


Male Hobgoblin (Shielded) Fighter 4

Rolg heaves.

"I never threaten, demon." A wry half smile twinkles at the corners of his mouth.


Male Human Ranger

Balion calmly jogs over to Simon to join the bucket team putting out the fires. He glances over at Rolg clearly unimpressed with his bravado.


Male Hobgoblin (Shielded) Fighter 4

Rolg feels eyes on him and looks to see Balion joining the bucket crews.

Act aloof if you like. Sooner or later they do what they're told.

:)


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori

Leaning over the railing Bolgrith studies the blaze on the ships side. Taking note of the water line, as well as the make and design of the vessel the priest determines the most at risk section of planking in terms of hull integrity, and focuses on that spot. Lifting his hands above his head he recites a short prayer. Eyes closed his hands glow with the otherworldly blue hue. Slowly at first, but rapidly increasing, drops of fresh clean water begin to rain down on the fire, helping to quench some of it.

Knowledge (Engineering) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Cast Create Water


Game Master

The line of shipmites dump bucket after bucket over the railing, to run down the side of the hull. It takes awhile, but the fire seems to be slowly going out. (One more Create Water or Drench could aspeed things up) The full sails of the Wanderlust pull the adventurers forward, and the visage of the Lusty Lady fades in the fog.

Encounter passed! You are out of initiative order.


“Maybe you learned a lesson, scum!” Simon shouts to the pirates.


“This isn’t over, Wanderlust! I will find you!” High Captain Longwater bellows as the pirate ship meanders away from the Wanderlust.

The captain’s shouts a tirade at the crew, but the Wanderlust is drawing too far away to make out the words. The Lusty Lady sails out of sight into the fog, struggling to maintain a steady course.


Male Hobgoblin (Shielded) Fighter 4

"Well, that wasn't as bad as it could have been. Still."

Rolg gathers his weapons and equipment and sets to cleaning and honing them.


Male Human Ranger

Acknowledging the battle to be over Balion gathers some arrows from the crates left about by the crew to replenish his own stock. On his way down Balion nods towards Cylar and mutters some sincere but oddly expressed gratitude. "Good work." Once in his cabin the Ranger meticulously maintains his weapons and armor, before bathing himself and tying up his overgrown hair and combing his newly acquired beard. Once in a calm state the Ranger contemplates the truly great hat of Captain Longwater and how exquisite it would look upon his own head.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori

Looking down the side of the ship Bolgrith stretches out his hand and says one more prayer. A jet of water shoots from his hand towards the remaining flames.

Cast Create Water

The dwarf examines the burnt spots of the deck and hull. He attempts to determine if the damage is serious and whether or not they have the supplies to repair it now.

Knowledge (Engineering) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Once completing his assessment he informs the Captain of his opinion. Looking to the wounded on deck the Priest begins to tend to them as best he can. Closing a fist against an open palm he lowers his head and prays for an extended period. The now familiar blue flame begins to spread outward from his body and move across the ship. Those injured it touches are soothed, their wounds beginning to mend.

Chanel Energy 1d6 ⇒ 1
Chanel Energy 1d6 ⇒ 6

Eventually he finishes his prayers and the flames subside. He walks among his companions and the crew examining the remaining injured. From worst to mildest he helps them.

CLW 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
CLW 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Long Term Healing 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Finally, he rests.


Game Master

"I don't mind if you use that bow or arrows in defense of this ship, ranger, just remember nothing here is free. I bought those to defend my livelihood." The captain growls from the wheel.

The crew seems especially grateful for Bolgrith's administered aid. When speaking with the captain, it seems he reached similar conclusion of the ship's condition already. The fire damage is not currently repairable with the ship's supplies, and trouble will certainly arise if a heavy storm kicks up. However, the captain seems to think they will reach the calmer waters of the Sunderlands without a problem. He estimates about ten days until drawing into port.

Golo pulls himself up the rest of the way, and climbs onto the ship. "Ye 'ave me t'anks," he barks, meeting Rolg's and Squall's eye in turn. He gestures nonchalantly. He announces to the captain that he is returning below deck for shuteye.

It is about 3pm.


Simon watches Bolgrith as he heals those aboard. He seems to be thinking. “The healers of the Sunderlands usually hail their faith to Erastil, Torag, or Abadar. I am unfamiliar with this ...Ear-Oarie? Is he the god the Hamonreld dwarves serve?”


Male Hobgoblin (Shielded) Fighter 4

"Am grija de propria noastră."

Goblin:

We look out for our own. I used Romanian for Goblin


Male Human Sorcerer 4

Can I cast Mending to fix the ship slowly?


Male Hobgoblin (Shielded) Fighter 4

Make Whole is the spell you're looking for.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori

"Irori lad, and no. Torag is well regarded among the Dwarves of Hamonreld. Why even among those of my own people he is oft prayed to." He finds a stool and sets himself down, gesturing for Simon to do likewise. "Irori is the god of self-reliance. He teaches us that the path to self-perfection lies along the road of discipline. Kindess and acceptance of others are two of the faiths main tenants. That's actually how my city came to know of this god. Some time ago, before even I was born, a good three-hundred and twenty-seven years ago, there was a time of great famine and pestilence. Thankfully the walls Torag himself gave us, were fit to hold the majority of disease away. But it was not long before our cities food supply began to run low." With this Bolgrith pauses and looks out over the railing. He stares at the sea for so long one could almost think he had finished talking. But right before Simon hazards a question the Priest begins speaking again. "They were down to eating mules heads for meat, and dirt for flour. It was then, when word of my cities plight reached the Temple of Irori. They were known to us, there had been trade between the temple and the city. We were cordial, but no great friends. Though as soon as word got out, they began sending help. From their own stores they sent as much food as they could spare. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough. With the influx of grain and salted meats the once great city of Stoneshield survived and would become great again." He turns on his stool and faces Simon once more. "Since that time our city has had a great love for Irori and his disciples. It was soon agreed upon by the council of fifteen that a tithe of all children born hence should be sent to the temple to train under the monks and the priests there. It is considered to be a great honor to be one of the selected, I was blessed to be a part of the fourth generation sent. Some of our people still worship Torag, and he still has shrines and a temple in the city. But all dwarves who live in Stoneshield have at least a strong fondness for the god Irori, and his followers who helped us in our time of need." Bolgrith smiles at the young human, "So, to answer your question succinctly; no not ALL dwarves of Hamonreld serve Irori. Just a considerable portion." His smile mellows a bit and his eyes take on a more interested look as he asks Simon of his home. "You seem to know your share about dwarves yourself Master Simon, are there many of my kind in the Sunderlands?"

401 to 450 of 2,794 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Secrets of the Sunderlands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.