Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Secrets of the Sunderlands

Game Master GM Netherfire


1,101 to 1,150 of 2,709 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Game Master

Aladdin:
Squall’s symptoms are unfamiliar to you. Yesterday was the first time Squall was banished from the Material Plane under the threat of life –perhaps it affected his ability to shift planes so easily. Then again, it might have to do with your ability to call Squall to the Material Plane. Since this was unheard of, to your knowledge, perhaps this problem is related to the Sunderland Islands.


Simon turns his eye to the pass that continues north. He readjusts his pack.
“Shall we?” he asks.


Game Master

“Yes, let’s.” Jamie answers flatly. She marches without hesitation down to the bottom of the pass, and turns up the pseudo-path.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori

Bolgrith nods to the monk as they make their way out of the gate. Turning towards North he notes: "According to our progress on the map, it shouldn't be but a day or so's journey to Grik Pass. Is that still our plan?" Looking up, he scans the sky.

Survival (What's the weather like?) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Hobgoblin (Shielded) Fighter 4

Rolg follows.


Game Master

You are in the Grik Pass right now (I'm s!##ty at labeling, the pass more or less starts at the Oldkeep). Based on your travel so far, you might reach the Barrowsweep by nightfall.

The group proceeds north. As they pass between the Frosttooth Mountains, more pine trees spring up at the mossy bases. The natural path is occasionally blocked by boulders broken off the tall rock faces to the right and left and spilled over trees to cover the underbrush. Although it sometimes shifts underfoot, the blockage is easy to climb over or around, but there are enough breaks in the pass for travel to take a considerable amount of time. For the first three hours pass uneventful, the birdsong and rustling of forest vermin notwithstanding. The low clouds that cover the mountain tops offer light grey overcast over the pass.

Perception checks please. Balion, go ahead and count this as mountains, for your favored terrain.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male Hobgoblin (Shielded) Fighter 4

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Ranger

Perception1d20 + 7 + 2 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 + 10 = 25
Knowledge (Geography)1d20 + 9 + 2 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 + 10 = 24
ugh...Terrible rolls! okay adding "take ten" to take five times the amount of time observing for +10

The Ranger looks about his surroundings in the mountain landscape finally feeling better about once again being in his familiar element. He begins to survey the lay of the land in order to determine if any danger lies ahead for the party or if any time may be saved by taking a particular route through the pass. Observing the underbrush and the local fauna and flora he takes note of any recent disturbances to the trail. Satisfied with himself and having acquired ample experience during his many years as a guide he decides to fall to the rear so that he may ensure no one falls behind do to exhaustion or unsure footing.
Balion is now in the rear of the party


Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Game Master

Jamie Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Protip: If you are checking for natural hazards or signs of animal life in a natural environment, it might be good to throw a Survival roll in there too.

Balion’s Knowledge:

Balion, I’m not really sure if ‘taking 10’ can apply to Knowledge checks (we can hash that out in Discussion if you want).
Following the lowest part of this narrow ravine might be the easiest way to travel, but it might also be the most exposed. The sheer stone faces of the Frosttooth Mountains, only about one hundred feet apart, offer little purchase for climbing, and the nearest ledge is perhaps two hundred feet high (in this part of the ravine, at least). Tall pines grow on the embankments that lead down to the low center. Mountain ranges such as these are usually the source of rivers; you would not be surprised if fording a river would be part of the future. Depending on wind patterns, you know that heavy participation could also be encountered. As far natural hazards go, there would be little room to escape if a rock slide, or gods forbid, an avalanche, crashed down into the pass, and the trees would only offer a feeble cover. Still, with a sharp ear, these larger dangers should be avoidable.

I will post results of Perception when I have all the checks. *cough* Aladdin *cough*


Male Human Sorcerer 4

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Game Master

Everyone but Rolg hears something like a raspy bark ahead, although rockslide spillage obscures the source. There are also sounds of movement through the light underbrush, similar to the noise of the party’s own footsteps as they approach the mound of tumbled stone.

Battlemap is updated. Battlemap link can be found under Campaign Info.


Game Master

Jamie snaps her head up and looks over the pile of rock, the trees, and the mountainsides. She stops and waits beside the sprawling stone.


Simon removes his bow and begins to quietly pick his footing up the rocks, and peers over the top.
Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori

"Well, better safe than not." Bolgrith says as he moves about the company lightly touching each on the shoulder before planting his feet opposite Jamie. His prayers complete, he makes secure his shields arm-straps and lightly rests a hand on his aspergillum.

Cast Guidance on EVERYONE. Plus one's on your next rolls guys! Don't spend it all in one place!


Male Human Sorcerer 4

Aladdin casts dancing lights and sends them forward into the underbrush in hopes of drawing the attention of the barking away from the group.


Male Hobgoblin (Shielded) Fighter 4

Rolg follows Simon.

Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Game Master

The many colored orbs float over the rock barrier and out of sight.

Rolg, Simon:
You see a gaggle of eight figures just on the other side of the rocks. Their grey skin seems to hang from their frames, and their joints are bone-white. Even from this distance, you can see each of these possess an eerily toothy grin, and each also appear to be severely injured in some way, although the blood from these wounds appear to be a brownish black that stain their garb. Were it not for their movement, one could easily pronounce these creatures dead. Most of them appear to be wearing armor of one type or another, but the armor looks as though it hasn’t been clean for ages. Roll Kno: Religion.
These undead creatures look up at the dancing lights soar overhead. Two begin to follow them. One of them, a bit livelier than the others, notices Simon and Rolg. It lets out a bellow, and shuffles onto the sprawling stone. Another notices the hobgoblin and likewise approaches. The remaining four make staggering steps as they blindly follow their motivated companions.

A moment later, a bellow sounds over the pile of rock.

Initiatives:

Nasty 11d20 ⇒ 5
Nasty 21d20 ⇒ 18
Nasty 31d20 ⇒ 14
Nasty 41d20 ⇒ 20
Nasty 51d20 ⇒ 8
Nasty 61d20 ⇒ 16
Nasty 71d20 ⇒ 9
Nasty 81d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Average: 12.5

PCs
Simon 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Jamie 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Bolgrith 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Aladdin 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Rolg 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Balion 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 2 = 15

Average: 18
Turn order: PCs, Nasties

You guys are up. Those of you NOT Simon or Rolg cannot see the source of the noises, yet. The five-foot pile of stone blocks your vision. The rocks also count as difficult terrain, which means moving one square will take up 10 feet of your move speed (2 squares take 20 feet). Also, you cannot charge or take 5-foot steps in difficult terrain.


Simon shouts back to group. “Undead!”
He draws his bow and fires an arrow down the other side of the rockslide.
Attack 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Game Master

Jamie rips the falchion from her back and runs up the mound of tumbled stone, stopping suddenly at the top and roaring down a …challenge? “GROSS!”


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori

Bolgrith grunts, though his eyes widen slightly at the call. Carefully drawing a flask from his pack he pops it's top and pours the contents into an opening on his aspergillum. Dropping his now empty flask he hefts his aspergillum and stands ready next to Jamie, shield arm raised to chest height.

Aspergillum is loaded and ready!

KNOWLEDGE IS POWERS. (religion) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Game Master

Bolgrith:
The term “undead” is too vague to discern anything outside of traits typical to the necromanced. Of the ones you can see (the ones in G9 and J9), you recognize to be zombies. Zombies can pose a variety of dangers, from unnatural speed to carriers of disease to the devourers of living flesh. Their necrotic skin seems to ignore some damage dealt by weapons that smash or pierce.They have Damage Reduction (DR) 5/slashing. More powerful zombie forms are known to be able to resist magical energies, but you doubt the ones you see are as formidable. If you moved to the five-foot tall part of the rocks, you will be able to see all of them


Male Human Sorcerer 4

Squall runs ahead and Aladdin readies MM in wait of the first guy he can see.


Male Human Ranger

The ranger pulls the shield from his back and draws his runic mace ready to face the undead. Bracing himself against his shield he gets into a defensive stance, mace held above his head.
Balion moves up along side Bolgrith for this fight. Fighting defensively


Male Human Ranger

The Ranger cannot contain his growing rage upon seeing the undead. Red in the face he begins to yell at them in a vengeful tone, "DIE SPAWN OF SATAN!"
Heh... insert batman voice here


Game Master

Rolg buddy? You ok?


Male Hobgoblin (Shielded) Fighter 4

I fuggin' posted twice...hate post monsters.

"Shields in front! Ranged fighters behind!"

Rolg raises his sword and waits to strike the first enemy in reach.


Game Master

As they draw nearer, it seems that none of them are carrying weapons. Moreover, a few of these undead are hobgoblin, though most are human. One of Jamie’s attackers (in H9) seems to possess the most verve, and the one that trails in the approaching group is sickly bloated, swelled in gouty blotches of yellow and brown (in J9). This close, the adventurers can barely discern a painted holy symbol of Sarenrae on the breastplates of five of these men. The other three shuffle forward in lighter armors worn or rotting at the joints. While their calls are not intelligible speech, they advance to the party with the same urgency of a rabid beast. However, their gait also suggests only a loose control over their motor skills, which inhibits their progress somewhat.
The closest undead attacks Jamie as the rest shamble over the rocks.
Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
The half-skinned hand rakes across Jamie’s face and neck, leaving gashes of blood. Three others close on Jamie, one goes after Simon, and another nearly stumbles into Balion.

Bolts of pure magical energy blast out of Aladdin’s hands, targeting the undead closest to the lordling and the ranger.

Aladdin’s readied action:
MM damage + trip 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18, the one in K10 falls prone.
MM damage + trip 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Simon’s pursuer flails to the ground, and gurgles as it tries to push itself back up.
Sorry, Rolg. None enter your space this round. You guys are up! Note: Any undead not over the high part of the mound get partial cover against ranged attacks (+2 AC, +1 Reflex).


Male Hobgoblin (Shielded) Fighter 4

"Simon!"

Rolg rushes to the young lordling and slashes at the undead creature.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Game Master

Rolg’s blade cuts deep across the grey flesh, which opens to reveal rancid black blood and brown organs. The creature turns its clouded, hungry eyes to the hobgoblin as it struggles to rise.


Simon backpedals from the stones and draws another arrow, taking aim at one of the standing undead. The prone beast lunges for the noble's leg. Attack of Opportunity 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 4 = 10 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

As he skirts away, Simon looks down the arrow shaft, pointed at another standing foe.
Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
He looses, and the shot splorches into the decaying chest of one not quite to Balion or Jamie.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori

Bolgrith chants a short prayer as his eyes take on a warm blue glow. Finishing the incantation he stomps his foot as a wave of healing energy flows from his body pouring from the open hand emblazoned on his shield. The blue flames envelope the group, mending cuts and soothing bruises.

Channel Energy (Healing) 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12


Game Master

Jamie roars, revitalized. “GET SOME!”
She arcs her curved blade to the one that hurt her.
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 for 2d4 + 12 ⇒ (2, 1) + 12 = 15

And the undead human did indeed get some. Cloven in twain, it crumples to the ground.


Male Human Ranger

Standing next to the dwarf, the Rangers eyes fills with righteous fury before striking the nearest zombie with his runic mace.
Attack(Runic mace of undead warding)1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
DMG 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
First time using the runic mace on an actual undead enemy and do not know its particular effect.


Game Master

Balion’s silver runic mace certainly makes contact, but the necrotic flesh of his foe seems unaffected by the blow.
Balion, roll Knowledge: Religion.


Male Human Ranger

Knowledge(Religion)1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Game Master

Balion:
You know that these zombies have a resistance to damage only bypassed with slashing weapons. As for your runic mace, you also know that some undead have a weakness against silver weapons, though it is obvious these are not one of them. You also know that some zombies carry diseases, and others can debilitating to the touch (but again, the one before you does not appear to be this way).


Male Human Sorcerer 4

Aladdin waves a hand and fires a ball of acid toward the nearest zombie.

Acid Splash Ranged Touch @ Zombie in F10 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d3 ⇒ 3


Squall steps into the fray and unleashes his claws.

Five ft step in, and full round claw attacks H9 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Game Master

Squall is moving through difficult terrain, so he only gets the one attack.
Squall’s claw scrapes against the grimy chain shirt worn by the zombie. Aladdin’s ball of acid splashes over the creature in front of the ranger, and trace fumes rise as the dead flesh dissolves. The zombie reacts to the burning by lashing out at Balion.
Slam 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7, Balion takes 7 damage.

One zombie attacks Jamie, and two attack Squall.
Slam on Jamie 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 for 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12, Jamie takes 12 damage.
Slam on Squall 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Slam on Squall 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Jamie’s attacker lands a bodily strike on the lass. Squall is able to dodge the lifeless swings from the two, as one is too slow, and the other is too bloated. Bolgrith, Balion: your Religion rolls would also tell you the yellow and bloated one (in J9) might be a carrier of plague.

The one that suffered Rolg’s blade tries to stand, while the rest of the undead drag their feet into the fray. One, with Simon’s arrow protruding from the shoulder, steps between Bolgrith and Jamie, and another makes its way toward Rolg.
Rolg gets an AoO on the zombie in K10. You guys are up!


Male Dwarf Cleric of Irori

"Watch yourselves around the bloated one, it might be carrying disease." Bolgrith states as he shifts his weight. Calling again on the power of Irori, the Priest closes his eyes and recites another passage from his book. The blue flames return, but now cold as ice. Blasting forth from his shield the freezing flames seek out the necrotic flesh of their assailants and begins to burn it off with an icy heat.

Channel Energy (Damage) 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7


Male Hobgoblin (Shielded) Fighter 4

AoO 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

If I kill it ill move and do more awesome.


Game Master

Will saves:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 4 = 8

The blue flame pours over the zombies as Rolg cuts down the carrion before him. The zombies before Jamie and Squall shudder under the channeled energy, as the one facing Bolgrith collapses from the pulse of holy fire.


Male Hobgoblin (Shielded) Fighter 4

Rolg moves forward behind his shield and slashes down at the filth below him.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

AC 26


Game Master

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 for 2d4 + 12 ⇒ (3, 3) + 12 = 18
Jamie's falchion blade sings as she misses the zombie in front of her.


Simon nocks another arrow and shoots the undead beside Rolg. (in K9)
Attack 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
The arrow finds a gap in the black-bloodied armor and sinks fletching deep into the zombie’s chest. The unliving corpse still moves stiffly toward the hobgoblin. The noble mutters a curse.


Squall roars and tears into the zombie in front of him.
1st Claw 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 2nd Claw1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human Sorcerer 4

Aladdin coordinates his attack and fires another acid globe and the same zombie his eidolon is shredding.

Ranged Touch attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d3 ⇒ 1


Game Master

Squall and Aladdin’s target is reduced to shredded and dissolving rotten flesh.

1,101 to 1,150 of 2,709 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Secrets of the Sunderlands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.