Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


TheRonin's Skull and Shackles

Game Master TheRonin

Be A Pirate, why not?


401 to 450 of 631 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Half orc ranger 1 hp 12/12 ac12, touch 12, ff 10, fort 6, ref 5 ,will 4 ,init 2, perc 7

Well i will keep this thing then, who knows when it will be handy. holding up the holy water.

Well if that is all we can find then lets go back up and do our jobs before we are caught, and dont forget the body's as proof.

With that Ornotck starts to head up.


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk grabs some rats as they head up.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax takes watch and warns everyone if any undesirable persons come down to investigate.
"Hurry it up mates, I don't fancy anyone in here being keelhauled. Your all starting to grow on me."
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Heading on up.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

I'm actually beginning to think we really work well together, and looking forward to skewer something else besides a rat.

With a smile he adds: Lets headn on up then and find additional targets.


"Guh, damn rats..I can hear the bards now... the Great Galestorm, felled by a abnormally large Rodent..But yes, we do work well together.."


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk stomps up with his rats.


You arrive on the deck and bring the dead rats in front of Plugg. He looks rather impressed by your group but he barely shows it. Slowly he walks down to the bilges to investigate and upon seeing the large body remarks, “Must of been in those dodgy barrels of Barley the capt'n picked up in Port Peril. Never seen one that big before.” reluctantly he says, ”You did good work, take the rest of the day off, i'll have the men who started that brawl clean up the mess. “

with the day off you can take a ship action of your choice.

Please also take your evening action and deal with your rum as we move into Day 5.


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

influence Conchobdar 1d20 ⇒ 20
influence Sandara 1d20 ⇒ 11
stealth to ditch rum ration 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Male Half orc ranger 1 hp 12/12 ac12, touch 12, ff 10, fort 6, ref 5 ,will 4 ,init 2, perc 7

going after more girls :P

influence tilly
intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

night influence Barefoot samms
intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

stealth rum dump
stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


hahaha Good choices. =)


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Day action=Work Diligently
Rum ration=Drink fort roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Con loss: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Henk is on a downward spiral here

HACK! Sandara, could you lend me a bit of that healing magic? Bloody rum is melting my gut.

Night action=Sleep

This is pretty much going to be my future routine since I can't afford not to sleep to heal the con loss


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

Har har Orntock, I'll get to all the ladies first ;)

Intimidating Tilly into "friendship" during day: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Rummy rum rum!
1d4 ⇒ 1
1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 All that drinking has paid off!

During the evening, Kilarra will first track down Rosie and hands her the handaxe. "Found this, looks like something ye might fancy. Friends take care of friends."

She then will find Aretta and bully her around a bit.
Intimidate for friendship: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
"Ye clearly saw that Fipps and his mates are worthless. Those boys, I swear.. Least the ones I keep company with know how to handle themselves in battle. Haven't tested 'em outside of that, yet." The green demon gives a sly wink at Aretta. "If yer feelin' like you've thrown your lot in with the wrong crowd.. Let me know. I'm gatherin' all the ladies on the ship together. You'd do well to pick the right side."


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

*Wheeze* Jeeze. Going to end up like Fishguts if this goes on too long.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Diplomacy to influence Sandara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Rummmmmmmmmmmm: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
1d8 ⇒ 3


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

Edeldhur keeps on his foray to find possible allies aboard the ship, paying attention to behaviors or hints that may give him an advantage in the approach

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Without any further details so far he will attempt to approach the crew members we have not acquainted yet - starting with Crimson Cogward

Trying to approach casually whenever he is somewhat to the side, I will pipe in:

Aaahhh, it feels god to be relaxing for a while - Kilarra did try to convince me that sticking together would pay off. I guess she was right, sticking with them IS paying off. And what about you mate? How did you get on board of this sun baked ship?

That will be my approach, how things go from there, I will roll ;)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

If this first approach runs well, I will press it during the evening:

Night time diplomacy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

If it does not go well, I do not press it further, and will instead attempt to approach Tilly Brackett in the evening time:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Regarding the rum I will try to ditch it

Stealth to ditch rum: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Perhaps we should just skip ahead and let others make their rolls when they show up? lagged players is the #1 cause of death in PbP.


Lugo will again Attempt to speak with Ms.Peppery

" Err. Um Hello Ms. Peppery, is it? I appoligize for my crudeness earlier, And I feel we started on the wrong foot. As a fellow Wizard, If there is any thing I can do to assist you with, let me know. I am eager to learn about how a Ship's Mage operates."

Diplo.1d20 ⇒ 18

Later, Rum check:

fort save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

cha+1d4 ⇒ 1


diplomacy:
Kyran,
Conchobhar moves to friendly

Ornotck
Sam becomes friendly!

Kilarra,
Lilly, clearly afraid of Killara begins to act friendly

Arretta however does not appreciate your 'friendly' advances.

Trax,
Sandara appears to already be friendly.

Edeldhur,
Cogwell comes around and by evening he is treating your group friendly.

Lugo, Peppery will act relatively polite to you but otherwise does not say much and declines your offer of help.

Day 5 comes, in the morning Sandara will offer a casting a lesser restoration for anyone who is feeling to poorly. (she prepared it twice).

Your day comes and goes (feel free to do a ship action) Plugg is staring daggers at you. He swaggers up to your group before assigning orders. ”I gave your lot time off for dealin' with the rats. So now its time for you to repay me. My... associate has grown bored.” Scourge leads a large brute of a man on deck. You've seen him around, this is Plugg's “pet”.

”Its just a bit of sport really.” He says grinning.

”One of yours against this one... no magic, no tricks... no teeth.” he glares at Kilarra, ”Just bare knuckles or wrestling. And to make it interesting.” he pulls out a purse and tosses it on the floor. ”100 Pieces of gold for the winner. So who will it be? If you don't pick someone I shall. The mage perhaps?” He grins at the thought and laughs. Scourge appears to laugh along side of him. The crew begins to gather around to witness the fight.


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

Kyran whispers to the group, I've heard of him, while I don't fancy going toe to toe with the man, a dog chained this tightly surely wants to lash out at his master. This is a great potential ally whoever fights him remember that and try not to chew off more than you can handle.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

Never one to turn down a fight, Kilarra steps forward. Hah! Yer pet so weak ye think he can only take down a wizard? Maybe's he's tough enough to fight a girl if yer lucky. Let's go, assosciate."

If nobody stops her, she will take him on.
Init!1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
5 turns! (Unarmed/damage) Rage! HP = 16
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk works dilligently again.

Henk is about to speak up about having a try at Owlbear. Even if he is a dimwit, 100 gold is a nice prize. but seeing Kilarra launch herself at the poor sap, he just shakes his head and wonders if there will be anything left of the pathetic man.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

Edeldhur approaches and poses himself between Kilarra and Plugg, staring directly at her, and whispers only to her:

Kilarra, this one is mine - you want Plugg, you leave me this one - I need to punch something and this over here will do. Do we have a deal?

If she attempts to ignore me I'll just try to get ahead :D
I'll just use the same format as Kilarra but with more turns cause I hit for crap :D
If I am successful in going before Kilarra:

Edeldhur circles the man attentively, as if pondering if he has done a wise choice - suddenly he seems to make a decision, straightening himself and saying: Very well then! Let's dance!

HP:11 AC:17

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

10 turns (Unarmed attack using weapon finesse for the fists / damage if it hits)

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 1d3 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 1d3 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 1d3 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 1d3 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 1d3 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 1d3 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 1d3 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 1d3 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 1d3 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 1d3 ⇒ 1

Hmmmm, is this guy wearing any armor? :D


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

In a bold move, Kilarra... Stands down! And let's Edelhur take this fight, to what she believes is a bad decision on his part.

Oh let him have his fun.. Only reason I offered m'self up was to try and keep this fearsome reputation up. They detect any weakness among our group and everything we've worked for the last few days is for naught..

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax eyes the man that is supposed to intimidate him and remarks, Might be best if we do let the mage fight him. Lad seems a tad bit lean for the likes of Kilarra. I doubt he stand 2 or 3 blow before finding himself sleeping on the deck covered in 'is own teeth" He winks at his comrades but allows Edeldhur to step up.


Male Half orc ranger 1 hp 12/12 ac12, touch 12, ff 10, fort 6, ref 5 ,will 4 ,init 2, perc 7

Hmm seems he wants to prove something, well at least if he fails he wont die, and we have a backup in our green girl

Come on you can do better then that, show him what your made of

whispers to the group but not what he is really made of like his guts, oh that would be bad to see.


"Heh, O good, a brawl.. how exciting.. yes yes, Get him Eld!... thats the right cheer yes?"

Lugo looks around to see whos on deck, Specifly looking for Peppery. If she is NOT present, he will send a thought to Zagarus, Instucting him to try to distract Pluggs pet for a Round, if it looks like Eld needs some help, Then fly off

Aid Another roll, Zagarus
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Either +2 to Hit, or +2AC for the eld, elds choice


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

If I can chose, I'd take the AC.


its only good for 1 round though, and I'm only willing to risk my Familiar if you need the boost :-p


Owlbear lumbers into a fighting position as the agile Edeldhur steps up to the plate. the man towers over him but Edeldhur does not seem to care. He strikes him hard. (3 damage)

Owlbear swings at Edeldhur

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 witha single massive hit he lays Edeldhur out. A strange bird descends upon the monster of a man distracting him but its no good, the hit connects and sends the unconscious man flying backwards towards his friends landing on his back.

Owlbear yells in something not quite language, it sounds dissapointed. Plugg grins.

"That's it? thats all you can give me? We wanted to have some FUN tonight. What happened to the mighty swashbucklers that slew all those rats. He laughs and so do a few of his toadies.


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Kilarra, I believe this is your cue. Tenderize Owlbear.


Sandara can be seen smoking her pipe and shaking her head.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

ffs, you gotta be joking me.... A critical? And TWICE the MAX damage? Come ON...


Before you can enter the 'ring' Plugg grins and says, "Now now... see you failed. now I pick who fights... He eyes Lugo. Wether its because he recognizes him as a wizard or because lugo has been trying to talk with an officer, or he just doesn't like Lugo you don't know. "unless of course you want to pay an ante... lets say 50 Gp? from your group to choose their next fighter." he laughs a bit.

"oh don't worry, anyone else want to see them fight? toss a few coins down I bet that will get them interested. I will match it too if you can come up with it."

Sandara and Rosie whisper something back and forward, Sandara hands her something, and she produces something out of her pocket. Rosie steps towards you and hands you a bag of gold coins, its 40Gp. "You lads can make the rest right?" she asks you.

Plugg tosses down another 50Gp. "Well hurry and pay up"


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

My turn :3

Kilarra pulls 10gp out and adds it to the pot, cracking her knuckles and stepping up. "Seems that 'ladies first' came true after all!" She roars with laughter as she steps over the unconscious Edelhur. "Let's see what ye got." And takes the first swing!
Use the rolls from above since they're already rolled


Male Half orc ranger 1 hp 12/12 ac12, touch 12, ff 10, fort 6, ref 5 ,will 4 ,init 2, perc 7

Well now we know Ed is not ment to fight with his fists at least. walks over and gives Edeldhur a hand up, and a shoulder to lean on.

All i can hear in my head right now is owlbear yelling out FALCON PUNCH as he hits ed.


The big brute shambles up to the green demoness

Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12 Though moving slowly he manages to get the first swing in.

Owlbear's Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 He connects to Kilarra, damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

He hits her hard. She swings back. With a massive hit of her own (8 damage) He stumbles backwards but is clearly still on his feet.

Why am I picturing the fight between the Hulk and Thor from the Avengers all of a sudden?

DC 10 perception or sense motive check:

Having someone survive a single round with the Owlbear you notice something curious,

Owlbear is blind in his left eye and very slow. If his opponent notices this and attempts to fight Owlbear from that side, that PC can make a DC 10 Acrobatics or Bluff check each round to easily avoid Owlbear’s clumsy blows.

Note: Anyone may notice the above and shout it out. We'll continue with the next round in a bit to give everyone a shot =)

Sandara, making sure Plugg can see her, casts 'Virtue' on Edeldhur, granting him 1 temporary Hit Point, which is enough to bring him to his feet, though staggered. So he may watch the fight.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
"Heh, clumsy brute."
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Kilarra does her best to stay on Owlbears left, and ducks his next swing easily.

Few more rounds, just in case...Bluffing to feint.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Henk makes a few jabs in the air with his left arm. Give him a left! Left! Henk pats Eduldhur's back. Just your pride hurt there mate, bit of ice will take care of your jaw.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

Moron.. His left is my right.. sigh.


Owlbear continues to swing but Kilarra keeps stepping to his side.

After a successful hit (8 damage) she manages a massive hit on him (Crit for 12), avoiding his blows. Owlbear lumbers slowly for her as she connects sending him down. Plugg looks on displeased.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

Kilarra tosses 50gp in the direction of Rosie and Sandara. "Thanks for the spot, here's a cut for you." Picking up the rest of the coin, she scowls back at Plugg. "This coin will cover the cost of wastin my time. Bring me a real fight next time. If'n yourself ever wants to go a round..." she wears a big grin and winks at him. This could be a chance to get some alone time with an officer..


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

After the fight is over, Kyran will go to Owlbear and offer him a soaked rag and a waterskin. He whispers to the man Now, now, easy friend, to tell you the truth she scars me too.


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk blows out a puff of air. Beating up the ship idiot for kicks and giggles? Just another reason to get the heck off here.


Male Half orc ranger 1 hp 12/12 ac12, touch 12, ff 10, fort 6, ref 5 ,will 4 ,init 2, perc 7

walks over to owlbear, patting him on the back
Well you lasted longer then any one else would vs her.

dang now i want to make him our friend, there goes one action tomorrow...

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax laughs and claps for Kilarra. "One lucky blow don't make you a fighter worthy of us mate. Next time you be sure to bring somone who will provide a challenge eh? Maybe bring a bit more gold next time to..." Trax then saunters off after Kilarra.


"I will keep it in mind." Plugg says much to Scourge's dismay as he walks off and returns to the officer's quarters.

Owlbear looks up at Ornotck and Kyran as he stands up rubbing his many bruises, "Green lady hurted me, You hurt me too?"

"I like fight, but I like win better." he says in a confused manner as he feels the lumps on his head.

Several crew members clap and applaud the fight, the evening rum ration goes around and many of the crew seem to of enjoyed the entertainment. Scourge looks displeased at the situation.


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Rum roll Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Rum melt my guts: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
How tired am I?: 1d8 ⇒ 8
How charming am I?: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Henk coughs as he downs his rum and his eye wanders over to the blazing red hair of the cleric Sandara. Rembering how she kept him from bleeding out after he had dumped his rum, he feels rather grateful..along with getting frisky and wanders over.

Evening there Sandara. Never really thanked ya properly for keeping me from dying after Scourge took my back, so much thanks to ya. Ya know, I yelled ta Fipps that there were no ladies on this ship well that was a darn lie since you defiantly qualify. Just wondering, if ya would spare this fella some of your time so I can treat ya right.

DiplomacyCanIgetLucky?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

As Henk picks up Edeldhur he comments - Gues I'll take up knitting from here on...


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

Kilarra will happily drink her rum as always.

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Fatigue:1d8 ⇒ 3
Con1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Cha1d4 ⇒ 2

She waits out the fatigue from her rum sitting quietly in the corner, and once she feels better will sneak off from the rest of the crew. She attempts to go scout out the area where the officers quarters are, specifically trying to find out where they all sleep in relation to one another. Perception = 25.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

As shes exploring she knocks over a bucket and curses a little louder than she intended...

401 to 450 of 631 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TheRonin's Skull and Shackles Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.