Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

TheRonin's Skull and Shackles

Game Master TheRonin

Be A Pirate, why not?


151 to 200 of 631 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax moves forward next to those he is familiar with, Henk, Kilarra, etc.

He says nothing and instead fingers the holy symbol to Besmara, watching intently.

Besmara, if there is a way to kill these men... let me do it? Please?


"Patience" a female voice says, as if to answer your prayer. A hand is placed on your shoulder, it is Sandara Quinn. The redhead wears a solem expression, she slowly takes a puff on her pipe.

"We must be patient." She adds before falling silent, leaving you to wonder how she knew what was on your mind.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

Prof Sailor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Kilarra watches the proceedings intently, keeping an eye on the crew members who seem to be delighting from the situation at hand. Slippery Sly.. Scourge.. Plugg.. Need more allies.. Trax, Henk, Edelhur, Sandara.. Gotta find out about the others we came in with.


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Prof Sailor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Henk just looks sourly around as they are all called up on deack.


Kn: Geography 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Lugo Gravatates to the rear of the Gathering, "Hmm I wonder what they have insore for this poor sot."


Male Half orc ranger 1 hp 12/12 ac12, touch 12, ff 10, fort 6, ref 5 ,will 4 ,init 2, perc 7

Knowledge(Geography): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
(Sailor): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Ornotck looks at the landmarks to try to get his bearings. hmm seems we a going north, but to where or what is the question.

Ornotck stands at the back, more then likely being able to see over everyone with his height. if they whip for just back talk what is going to happen to this poor soul Looking around to the group gathered up trying to put together who is new on the ship and who looks like they are normal crew.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Ornotck:

Aside from Lugo, Henk, Kilarra, Trax, Edeldhur and Kyran you will notice a red haired woman with a holy symbol of Besmara around her neck, a halfling woman with an axe, a foppish looking Gnome in fancy clothes and a human male with a blue bandana, all of who look relatively new. However Mixed in with the rest of crew are a few others who look less than veteran.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax masks his surprise and instead continues watching the men drag their prisoner out across the deck. He does his best to hid the disgusted look trying to make it's way onto his face.


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

Pro Sailor 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Kyran watching what's going on seems to take notice of something else as he hangs towards the back. That perfectly formed dierreire of Sandara.


Mr. Plugg looks the man over, he is a pathetic sight, still wearing damp clothes, he looks like he has been beaten again and again. Plugg walks around him slowly. "Jakes Magpie" He said firmly.

He continued to walk slowly around the man who was resting on his knees, forced there by the pirates who dragged him up. "You were found guilty of stealing from the Quarter Master's store."

"I... I... I didn't mean nothin' by it, Is just wanted to get my belongin's I swear Mr. Plugg, I swear it!" he said shaking with fright.

Plugg ignored him, "Your punishment is to be Keel hauled, slow. You shall be tied to the line and drug under the ship from one side to the other." Plugg grinned.

Jakes pleaded, "Please Sir! No! I beg of you! Mercy Please!"

"Tie him up and send him over board." Plugg said coldly as the pirates looked on in fear and curiosity. Tears streamed down Jakes' face as he desperately tried to get away but the pirates had him and would not let him go, They began to tie the crying and now screaming man to the ropes.


Hmm, Harsh punishment, but if the man is Guilty... well, who am I to Judge?

"Best you just inhale soon as your head goes under the waves, boy. Get it over quick, no need to suffer"


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

If Kilarra is close by, this is for her, if not I comment it with Sandara (attempting to be discreet or something):

I am about to burst - I am no righteous paladin of some long forgotten deity of good, but I cannot sit idly by while this is happening... We need a distraction, and FAST.

Hit me across the face, and if someone asks, tell them I was feeling you up or something... Do it NOW!!

I am chaotic Good after all :D


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk looks disgusted.

Oh no! I'm on one of those s~@+holes! Lash a man for stealing, give him the box, but keelhauling? Ffffffffuuuuu!

Henk looks around with just his eyes. I gotta git off here as soon as we hit land.


Male Half orc ranger 1 hp 12/12 ac12, touch 12, ff 10, fort 6, ref 5 ,will 4 ,init 2, perc 7

seems we wont be getting our stuff back by stealing it, and what would be the point, having to hide it or else we get killed. now i see why they gangpressed us. this ship goes through its crew like a meat grinder.

Ornotck watches with out turning away to what is happening to jakes


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

Fancy Coat looks on the a stone face.

That poor soul, only the more reason to kill all of those in charge. Tis mutiny but necessary. I bet a few of these others would join us. Now for an opportune moment...


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

You asked for it o_o d2 to determine attack: odd is bite, even is swing. 1d2 ⇒ 1. Throwing up an intimidate to keep up appearances, angry fish lady and all that
Intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Without even a thought, Kilarra lets force a roar rage and takes a bite at Edelhur. Who needs to stop and think when you get to hit people for free?
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Thank goodness for flat footed? I assume you will let it connect
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Bite with 1.5x strength

"Filthy human! You're not even man enough to handle your drink, winding up here, and you try that with me?" She spits on Edelhur for extra good measure, hoping the bluff is enough to at least draw a little attention.

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Plus maybe a circumstance bonus?!

Hah, more of an opportunity than I could have asked for... Maybe some of 'em will notice that the bite would have taken down any man with lesser strength. Lucky it was just the damned fighter and not the priest, at least.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

I am guessing non-lethal would have been enough Kilarra... I would rather have taken an "elegant" punch to the face rather than you leaving me with ONE hp left in a ship full of pirates...

Lets hope Ronin rules that it was Sandara next to me :/

In any case, if I am hit by Kilarra I won't be needing to bluff anything - I am indeed surprised with the violence of the attack and I am indeed almost dead so :D


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Unfortunatly, Magpie will still get keelhauled IMO. So you got bit for nothing


Numerous pirates take a step back the moment Kilarra takes a bite out of Eldeldhur. Her roar manages to startle many of them and most seem to buy her bluff. "Stay away from her!" one voice shouts. "Heh Knew she was a bitter", says one. "I'd risk it!". Says another."Idiot, if she bites what do you think she'll do to your.."

"What is this?" Plugg yells interrupting the voices.

Scourge looks over the crowd. "Looks like the demon wench I was tellin' ye about took a bite outta one of her friends. Heh. Knew I liked that one. No harm done though. Lookin' like he might live."

"Punish who so ever you see fit later." Plugg says as he motions for the pirates to toss Jake Magpie overboard.

Sandara helps Edeldhur up, her hands glowing with healing energy as she does so.

Cure Light Wounds:

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

"That was stupid, but noble now keep quiet or you'll find yourself tied up with 'em. " Sandara says quietly as she helps him to his feet.

Before the dwarf can push Jakes in Plugg motions him off. Jakes looks up for a moment, assuming he had received a reprieve of some kind. However terror returned to his eyes as Plugg landed a foot square in his chest kicking him over the side. There was a sickening thud as he bounced off some section of hull before landing in the water. Jakes screamed as he fell over the side.

Plugg turned around and began to tug on the rope connected to Jakes. Tugging him along the bottom of the ship. Well over a minute goes by. At one point the line seems snagged, but Plugg gives it a good pull and it comes free.

DC 15 Perception:

Plugg is enjoying this a lot. A sickening smile has creeped across his lips.

12 rounds go by

What comes up the other side barely appears to be human, a cut and mutilated tattered hunk of sickening meat is hauled on board. Clothes can sort of be made out between the shredded chunks of meat. The head is missing. As is one of the arms. The stomach is cure open and heavily damaged organs spill out the chest cavity. Several pirates through up at the sight. Others seem numb to it. Sandara looks away.

DC 15 Heal Check:

Jakes took well over 24 points of damage, and possibly drowned. Before his head came off.


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Henk just clenches his jaw and looks away. Damn hellhole.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

Hushed tone

He will die for this


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Heal: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Hmm, not sure even I could survive a keelhaulin' at this point.. No matter, Dagon's wrath is far worse than anything those pirates have ever dreamed. A smile nearly wicked as Plugg's crosses Kilarras face as she seems lost in thought.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

And thank you again Sandara, this time for assisting me. I am not used to be pushed around, it brings me bad memories of why I left the army in the first place.

To Kilarra with a wink

Next time I bite you for a diversion, what about that?


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk just shuffles his feet and wonders just what kind of crazytown he got pressed into.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax's eyes narrow and he moves over to the bloodied hunk of meat that was Jake. He says a prayer over the boy in Besmara's name and sighs when he is finished. He then moves back into the crowd (assuming he's not stopped).


Male Half orc ranger 1 hp 12/12 ac12, touch 12, ff 10, fort 6, ref 5 ,will 4 ,init 2, perc 7

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
made my own save vs tossing my lunch for the fun of it. i think i passed...
well this does not look good, both the former man and the rest of us.
Ornotck turns his head away from the sight of the now former man.

i will need to find out some of the rules or laws on this ship before i become like him...


"Note to self, Don't get keel hauled."

Lugo lowers his voice so only the companions can hear him
"I'd rather not end up like this fellow, lets do something about this, yes?"


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

Definitely, I saw a lot of people wincing at that keel haul - I don't think we are the only ones getting quickly sickened by this.

I have already started inquiring regarding the whereabouts of our gear - any of you have any idea? I need at least to play a few notes on my lute before I do something stupid... well... something else at least...


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk looks around for Trax and nods to him when he sees the priest. Let's talk when we get the chance. He mutters when they pass by.


With the punishment dolled out the tattered remains of the body are tossed over board to feed the sharks. Leisure time approaches and a rum ration is dolled out to each crew member.

Rum Ration:

Every body must drink and everybody must make a dc 5 fortitude save.

In addition to the save everyone gains 1d4 alchemic bonus to Charisma, and is fatigued for 1d8 hours. and takes 1d3 Con damage.
its almost like they want you exhausted and useless!

Everyone now has free time. Feel free to talk amongst your selves or sneak off I will post the official nighttime ship actions you can take in a moment on the information tab.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

From the night-time options in the Campaign Info, my first option would be the Perform.

But before I would like to know if I managed any info regarding where our equipment may be located - not only for the lute, but also for it.

I had addressed Sandara on it, and now I ask the ones gathering around me


Scourge's Dwarven lacky takes the 7 of you to the crew lockers. and gives each of you a key. The lockers have been used before and there are bound to be some things left in them. The Dwarf tells you anything in them is yours nows.

Lugo:

Flask of Acid
Thunderstone

Henk:

gold earring worth 15 Gp
5 Gp

Kilarra:

bulls eye lantern
10Gp

Ornotck:

vial of anti toxin
lucky rabbits foot
Common musical instrument [Drum)

Edeldhur:

Fancy peacock feather
hematite(gem) worth 10 gp

Kyran:

2gp
2 hematites worth 10 gp

Trax:

10gp
Scroll of Jump (Arcane)


Edeldhur, Sandara will tell you they are kept with the Quartermaster in her store, an off putting half-orc female. But she will warn you not to try anything stupid.


As for Perform as I don't belief theres a bard among you, I will be giving lots of circumstance bonuses if the performance is spelled out or seems to be something pirates like.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1
TheRonin wrote:
As for Perform as I don't belief theres a bard among you, I will be giving lots of circumstance bonuses if the performance is spelled out or seems to be something pirates like.

I would put something up but my perform only works with the lute or other string instrument I believe.

Not to try anything stupid? Like asking the quartermaster for it? :D


Perform can be made untrained. =)

as for the con damage from the rum, do it as 1d3-1. I was reading a few threads and it seems 1d3 is a bit steep for a daily ration.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

Wait... I have a gem?

Sandara, you think I can maybe bribe the quartermaster for my lute with this? showing the gem to her


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1
TheRonin wrote:
[ooc] Perform can be made untrained. =)

Well, with my rolls I don't even think I would get away with the +2 anyway, let alone untrained :D


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

Con damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

See what I mean?


"Eh I don't know about 'bribe' but she might be willing to trade if I ask her. Do you mind if I take it for the evening?" Sandara says to Edeldhur.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

Ok sure, thanks for the help. But as you told me, now I tell you - its not a matter of life or death, so take care of yourself

If during the evening, it seems that Sandara will be able to get something, I'll wait for it to attempt a perform. If not, I am walking around to see if any of the others is in the mood for that little talk we had whispered about. If not, I'll just hit the sack early to recover from the fatigue


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

Kilarra will continue trying to "befriend" Sandara.
Intimidate: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 (with the cha boost)
Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Charisma boost: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Fatigued for: 1d8 ⇒ 3 (Gonna just sleep it off)
Con damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1 (Will heal this up overnight)

"Alright girlie, time to talk. You seem to not enjoy all thats goin' on here. The lads I came in here with, and myself, are none to happy with our situation. I saw you cast a spell on Edelhur, healed up all that damage in a single shot, you're clearly no weakling. Let's throw our lots in together and see what can be accomplished. We'll try and get the halfling girl, too. Us ladies gotta stick together." Kilarra will give Sandara another toothy smile, pondering all the chaos they could bring about together.

Kilarra will also make sure to talk to each of the gang that she came in with, and get to know them (as she has had little interaction with more than Trax and Edelhur,) and make sure they are all agree that they are unhappy and want to do something about their situation.


"Hmm, these might be of use.." Lugo trys to slip them into his belt without anyone noticing"

Stealth1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
bluff 1d20 ⇒ 14

"Bah, Mine was emtpy.. Anyone else get something good?"


To pocket stuff should be a sleight of hand, but i'll let you keep your roll. Anyone looking in his direction feel free to make a perception check, And yes you will heal 1 con a night with out magic.


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

Diplomacy to Sandara 1d20 ⇒ 19
Bonus to Charisma 1d4 ⇒ 3
Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 6
con damage 1d3 ⇒ 1
fort save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Kyran stumbles up drunk, Hck, ooh girl talk, I love girl talk. Seems we got eyes and ears all over the ship, seems if we play our cards right we could end up ahead of the game with a whole crew.


For Con damage do 1d3-1 Kyran, so you are at 0 con.


ok thanks, i need ot drop ranks into that!

"Down the hatch"

fort save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Cha bonus 1d4 ⇒ 4
fatigue time 1d8 ⇒ 7
Con damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

"Man this is s$*# tasting rum, but it packs a wallop!"

Lugo then stumbles to his "bunk" to see if plugg's thugs found his Spellbook


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12
TheRonin wrote:

With the punishment dolled out the tattered remains of the body are tossed over board to feed the sharks. Leisure time approaches and a rum ration is dolled out to each crew member.

** spoiler omitted **

Everyone now has free time. Feel free to talk amongst your selves or sneak off I will post the official nighttime ship actions you can take in a moment on the information tab.

Con roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

CON loss: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Fatigue: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Oh f!@!

Henk coughs and chokes on the swill and goes right to bed.

Heal a point of CON and get rested up


Lugo looks around his hammock but can not find his spell book.


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)
TheRonin wrote:
For Con damage do 1d3-1 Kyran, so you are at 0 con.

I am at 0 con, as in dead, or took 0 con damage, so still at 13?

151 to 200 of 631 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TheRonin's Skull and Shackles Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.