Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


TheRonin's Skull and Shackles

Game Master TheRonin

Be A Pirate, why not?


101 to 150 of 631 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk gets to work in the bilges Well it certainly is like home.
Str check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Con check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Henk huffs and grunts at the bilges, but can't get the blasted thing to move. Bloody hell! This thing is rusted! Henk sticks his head back up the ladder. Oy! The bilge is rusted stuck! Can I get some grease fer it?


Kyran:
To influence her you will need either a bluff, diplomacy or Intimidate roll, (Bluff for pretending to be a friend, Diplomacy to get to know them and Intimidate to bully them into liking you)

"Actually she's more of a Cablin 'girl' if ya catch my drift." The gnome says.

The Woman brushes the hair out of her eyes and yells and demands "What do you want?"


Henk:

"Quit yir belly achin' and get to work swab!" You hear someone yell from the upper deck.

The main manacled to the floor sighs but makes no other movement.


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

Well to be honest, I want you.

Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 20

Well that works, though with that roll of 1 for the fatigue I am afraid she is going to be doing most of the work.


lol!

She grins, "And what makes you think I want you? Mayhaps you think I can't defend myself? but I can."


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

at her response the cocky grin comes across his face again Woman. Look at me. He pauses for a moment to act as an exclamation point. Did you look at me. Who wouldn't want me. Besides a woman who can defend herself makes it better. Never know if I will be waking up to a kiss or a dagger to throat makes it a bit more exciting, doesn't it.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1
TheRonin wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Ok, so first the CON roll 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 ... guess I will be worn out tomorrow

I will be speaking with Sandara attempting the Influence action - want to know basically:
- what she is doing here,
- anything about the hierarchy and how to climb it, so that I get more comfortable :D
- Where the ship may be heading

I am Edeldhur, good to see such an upfront smile in your face - I am guessing I will be wearing one only when I have a moment alone with that Scourge fellow. I have seen the flare in that green girl eyes - he won't be pushing her, or any of us for that matter, around for much longer if I can do anything about it.

Influence roll [Diplomacy]1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 no comments


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

By Besmara's barnacled teats! Henk curses and kicks the bilge. He tries looking around for anything that can help him get the bilge working. Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

He turns to the manacled man. Hey there. Mebee we can help each other. I can try to get you some clean water or somethin if ya know where I can get some grease or somethin to get this contraption workin.

Diplomacy?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


To Kyran:

She smiles and nods in approval. Then she pulls out her dagger. "You know the last man who bedded me regretted it. " She pulled tight on a short length of rope she was working on, in a suggestive manner before cutting it in half with her rope. With a grin she turned her back to you and went on with her work.

The gnome leans in to Kyran, "You know, I like your style. You don't like short folk do ya? 'cause theres a halfing down on deck I've had my eye on for a while."

Believe it or not you have successful changed her attitude positively! (I assume you continue to flirt for the rest of your shift. I'm doing a house rule I picked up from a DM, nat 20s on skill checks add +10 to your result, the idea is every so often you can just nail it. And that was enough to push you over the top.


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

He raises a single eyebrow to her suggestive mannerisms. when she turns her back he quips Now your just teasin'

He looks at the gnome, taking a minute to tie his hair back. Looking for the halfling, shading the sun from his eyes. Where is she? I can give you some pointers you know.

Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 14


Kyran:

He points down to the deck to a rather attractive halfling woman who is scrubbing it, an axe at her side. "Ah Rosie, she's magnificent no? She plays too! A lute or Mandolin or some such thing, though the quarter master has it. Probably anything you had when you came on board too. She tried to sweet talk him into givin' it back, but shes not much for words. No... No... I suspect a fine woman like that prefers not usin' words."

The Gnome is clearly smitten with the poor gal.


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

Well get your tiny @$$ down there, you know what usually doesn't work when it comes to women: Staring. What usually works is going and talking to them. He leans in closer to whisper "You know if your looking for some grand gesture, you could get her the lute."


Sandara smiles at Edeldhur as he poorly and obviously attempts to casually wring information out of her. "Save your 'fancy' words, Mr. Eh.. Actually I did not catch your name. Either-way. I was 'drafted' much like your lott not but a few fortnights ago. But i've been doing my best to keep a low profile and keep out of Scourge or Plugg's way."

As the two talk she begins to 'scrub' closer and closer to Trax, she reaches up when no one is noticing and touches his ankle.

DC 16 Spellcraft:

Cure Light Wounds

Trax takes 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 healing

Trax:
About an hour as gone by, and with the healing your Non Lethal (baring bad math) damage should be equal your hit points, so you should be coming to.

Kilarra:

You've healed 1 point of your non-lethal damage in the hour thats gone by. In another hour your non-lethal should match your hit points and you should awaken.

"Besmara's Blessing Stranger. Sandara says to Trax under her breath before returning to her job and continuing to talk to Edeldhur.

She informes you with a soft smile and a warm intonation that shes in a similar situation to you, but she can probably help your friends. She asks about your background. She then over the course of the day Explains Plugg is new to the ship, less than a year, but his brutality and desire to carry out the captain's orders has brought him up to first mate already. Most of the other officers don't care for him, but to go against him is deadly. Scourge is his right hand man and usually plays the role of the man who deals out the punishments.

As for the ships course, "I don't know, only the captain knows and he only tells Plugg and the officers."


Henk:

Theres a long pause and silence before you hear sobbing and the words "No... any water in my throat be returned to the sea soon 'nough."

he says nothing else.


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk sighs and wonders just what kind of crazyhouse he got pressed on to.
Ship Action: Sneak. try to find out where equipment is kept or some place where I can snag something to help me out

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

Just call me Edel, and I guess you are right - fancy is not my thing. I actually hold nothing against travelling the world, I just don't care much for the "accommodations" around here, and much less for being dragged anywhere against my will, but that is something to be solved later on.

In any case, thank you for lending a hand to the priest, anything that can be done for the green skinned one you think?


Edeldhur :

"Aye, I can, but the green one seems... easily angered I fear what she may do when awake. Besmara's Caress is the least of the punishments aboard ship. At an yrate I suspect she'll awaken on her own soon. "


Henk:

You manage through out the day to sneak around a bit. You are on the bottom of the ship, above you is the 'lower deck' where the crew sleeps, mostly empty at the moment. Above that is the middle deck. On the Bow of the middle deck is the quarter master's 'shop' where loot and booty and equipment is kept. You manage to sneak around with out being caught or spotted by anyone, but that is all you can do.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

I'll try to keep an eye on Kilarra, and if i notice her waking up, try to dissuade her from calling too much attention to her for the time being, maybe with promises of a revenge served cold :D


Male Half orc ranger 1 hp 12/12 ac12, touch 12, ff 10, fort 6, ref 5 ,will 4 ,init 2, perc 7

survival : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
action to influence fishguts
bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

So why the name fishguts, is it because you smell like that?
Ornotck asks as he cuts up the meat expertly.

role playing the bad roll


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk shakes his head, knowing he is going to be in for it later.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

Upon waking up, Kilarra quickly remembers being tied to the mast. She attempts to break free from the bonds.
Strength check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Feeling weakened from her "nap", she lets loose a roar and tries again to break the bonds.
She begins to rage, and tries again. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

She quickly gives up in embarrassment, locking eyes onto anybody that comes near her with a steely gaze.

My poor little barbarian can't do anything fun today it seems. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for her.


I want to let everyone post before we move on to evening. but Let us say another hour or two has passed, and Kilarra has begun to rouse and is waking.

Ornotck:

"Aye Lad, they be havin' little respect for me, but I don't need 'em I just need my bottle is all." He puts a hand against the wall to steady himself, "It’s poison, this ship, but don’t let anyone hear you say it aloud. The hull listens, see, and the cap’n hears it all. Poison the Wormwood is, though, rotten to the core. You’ll not meet a more nasty, sour piece of work than Cap’n Harrigan in all your days at sea, and his crew’s the same, ’specially the first mate, Mr. Plugg. Vicious little sod, he is. He’d take his own mother’s liver to the butcher to make pies with, he would. But they leave me alone, mostly. They know I can’t ’arm ’em."


Male Half orc ranger 1 hp 12/12 ac12, touch 12, ff 10, fort 6, ref 5 ,will 4 ,init 2, perc 7

Then how did you end up on such a ship. I would think with such a hard captain and first mate that the rest of the non gang pressed crew would be as hard. or at the least good in a fight. After all look at all the knives and sharp things you have here. i am sure you could do harm if you wanted. ....But you might die in the action.... Ornotck looks around at all the knives hanging around as he talks.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1
Kilarra wrote:

Upon waking up, Kilarra quickly remembers being tied to the mast. She attempts to break free from the bonds.

Strength check: 1d20+3
Feeling weakened from her "nap", she lets loose a roar and tries again to break the bonds.
She begins to rage, and tries again. 1d20+5

She quickly gives up in embarrassment, locking eyes onto anybody that comes near her with a steely gaze.

My poor little barbarian can't do anything fun today it seems. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for her.

I will try drop a word or two with Kilarra

Hey, you there, I am Edel. Relax and recover your strength, they outnumber us all, but we will have our moment, trust me. Let me see if I can get you out of there.

I'll try to check if the ropes are tied in a way I would be able to untie

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax shakes the pain off his back and smiles. "Well blessed me, it seems I'm not as manly as I thought. Oh well" He laughs it off and looks towards Edelhur, "While your in the mood, mind getting me down as well?"


"What in Asmodeus' bedpot be goin' on here?" Master Scourge announces from across the deck.

"If the Lubbers be awake cut 'em down and put 'em to work scrubbin' on the deck." He tosses Edeldhur a dagger in a scabbard.

He eyes Kilarra with a devilish grin, "Heh, she was lookin' better last nigh' musta been the rum." he says to one of the pirates next to him not really doing anything.


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk is still cursing down below.

So what did you do? Punch Scourge?


"I stole Sir." The pathetic sounding voice answers to Henk.


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk just humphs. Well being dumped down here makes sense for a thief.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

Kilarra goes to work, trying to stay near Trax whenever possible. She whispers to him as they are being cut loose. "Find the lads we came in with. Gotta try and stick together, I suppose. We will gather some information on the crew and the ship if we can."

Prof. Sailor check for the day around the ship: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Fatigue check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Other than staying near the priest, Kilarra keeps quiet and does not make eye contact with the crew and concentrates on her work, to astonishing result considering how the rest of her day has gone.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax smiles widely and nods in agreement.

Prof Sailor check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

While working, Trax keeps an eye out on the areas working, as if though he is trying to mentally map the ship. He also keeps an eye out for those he remembers from earlier being press ganged onto the ship.

Sneak Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Awake from sleepies. Will be at work for a couple hours so just drive me around as needed.

Henk is currently still stewing in the bilges.


Chasing rats? I can do that.. let me see If i know any spells that would help..

Lugo spends about 10 mins in her room, reviewing his spells to see if he has anything usefull(which he doesn't), then gets to work

I will Try really hard to get some rats today, Employing Ray of Frost to help blast em from a distance

Survival check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


The day progresses about halfway with out much interesting happening Kyran will find the female rigger flirty, but also a bit cold. Henk won't get to much information from the man in the bilges.

Lugo especially has run of the ship, so he can interact with whomever he happens to meet. The rest of you will find it hard to get away from your job. Anyone who hasn't taken a 'ship action' feel free to do so before we move on to the evening. If you want to know more about your area and who is around you and I haven't stated let me know. And feel free to interact, I'll probably move us to evening tonight. After all there is something special planned.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

We need friends.. Kilarra will try to find Sandara for some girl talk.
Intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

"I'd like some answers. Keepin to the first rule put me in hot water; why'd you help us? Seems that every man on this ship is itchin for somethin' a little wetter than the sea, any way to take advantage of it? She gnashes her teeth together a few times just to make sure Sandara gets the idea.


"Well... um..." she's slightly unnerved at your intimidating attitude.

"Scourge was lookin' for something... eh... wet... as you say, last night on shore. You've probably noticed his 'charms' Sadly for him all he got was my fist to his face. Probably doesn't want to admit to Plugg a woman got the best of him, explains why I wasn't up there with you lot. He thinks with the short whip lets say. But don't make a mistake, hes got plenty of girls who toady up to him. Like that rigger your friend in the nice clothes up there on the lines keeps talkin' up. Bad news that one. "

She points up to Kyran above talking to Sly.

"Scourge is an idiot" she adds softly, making sure no one is looking. "Bedding him would be as easy as finding a secluded spot on the ship and offering. Or... less secluded, but I wouldn't recommend it, the other sailors might get ideas... and a woman causing a disturbance on ship might find herself stuck on an island somewhere or worse. He answers to Plugg though and Plugg is not an idiot and tends to keep him on a short leash. I think hes looking this way, make like a good scrub girl."

Scourge walks over and admires the work but says nothing and returns to where he was standing.


GM:

I don't talk to anyone while doing ym task for the day, but I make sure I go to every room/ hold on the ship, to get a better layout of it, and catalog who stays where, whats in each room etc. If i need to roll a check for that I can.

After Chasing Rats all day, Lugo is ready for some quiet time with his Spellbook, but Figures he should check in with "the Boss" first.

Lugo tosses a Pile of dead, Frozen Rats on the Deck at pluggs feet

"Here's your Rats, Plugg. Now, if you've got some other petty task to waste my abilities on, Lets here it"


Lugo:

You'll find some doors locked, mostly to the captains quarters and officers quarters etc. Assuming you don't try to force your way in there You will find most of the ship accessible. In the bottom are the bilge pumps and Henk desperately trying to get them to work. (hes not having much success), theres a man chained up and in shackles down there as well but hes silent. On the mid deck are the bunks and crew lockers, you don't have one yet and they are all locked some injured pirates are sleeping, but its mostly empty. On the main deck you will find the cargo hold, mostly empty. Ornotck and the Cook are preparing food in one area. in another is the quartmaster's store. But he doesn't respond to you unless you talk to him. And up on deck you will find Kilarra, Trax and Edeldhur scrubbing and occasionally talking to a red haired woman. Along with a number of other crew members including an attractive but surely looking halfling woman. There are also men working on the riggings and lines, but clearly no rats up there.

Plugg glares at you. "Report to Master Scourge before I take my cat-o-nine-tails to your backside." He then wanders off into the officers quarters.


Plugg stops and turns around and looks Lugo over. "Wait a minute. You're supposed to be an Arcanist of some kind? Peppery might have use for you down the road. "


" Aye, I'm a Wizard, I have an affinity for the elements. Allow me demonstrate..."

Lugo Takes in a Deep breath, then slow exhales a string of words in the spidery language of magic. He also makes a few gestures with his Fingers, then points at the Ships Sails. Suddenly, they seem to bulge, like a over-stuffed sack of flour, the Ship noticeably shudders, and it begins to pick up a slighty amount of speed. for the next few Minutes

That proof enough?

I cast Alter winds :-)


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

Kyran up on the rigging casts a glance when the winds pick up Whoa, easy down there! Some warning next time.


"Yes, yes it is. Master Scourge! Have your men inspect the Wizard's bunk, find anything that looks like a book and store it with the Quartermaster." With that on Scourge's command several pirates who seemed to be doing nothing in particular head down below. Plugg continues to the officer's quarter as the ship rocks softly on the seas below you.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

Edeldhur mostly keeps for himself - he is not much of a ladies man (in case it hadn't been noticed yet) nor particularly a party reveller - he is though and most of all an explorer, a lover of a good fight with a penchant for his lute and obscure lore, which he finds invaluable

That is why he is not particularly drawn to easy romance, but mostly for what the people around him show to be. For the time being he has developed a sense of respect for Sandara due to the fact that she manages to keep her integrity, has assisted a fallen shipmate, and ultimately and intelligently manages her survival in this hostile environment - he will keep an eye on her without trying any more fast-talk approaches, lending assistance if he believes it to be needed.

If the opportunity presents itself, he will try to inquire if she has any idea where his lute may be and how he could get to it - that would be a nice escape for the will to smack Scourge around

On another note, when Master Scourge threw me a dagger to cut Kilarra and Trax loose, did I manage to keep the dagger?

So far he has been quietly admiring Kilarra, not only for her looks but also for her fierceness, so he will always keep an eye on her when possible - if the #$%& hits the fan he will step in for assistance if it seems necessary


Yep anyone given a dagger by the pirates keeps it unless otherwise noted. Actually rather odd to not have weapons on board, so as the hours and days go on you will have more and more access to them.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax finishes his work silently and observes the wizard casting his spell. When the men are ordered to take his spell book Trax grimaces. Better not let them know about my abilities, woudn't want to have anything more happen to me He moves closer to Lugo and watches the exchange with interest.


Male Half orc ranger 1 hp 12/12 ac12, touch 12, ff 10, fort 6, ref 5 ,will 4 ,init 2, perc 7

well i have done my part i am good to go to night. also just something that everyone should know, we as players dont have bunks but hammocks, i say this because i am running this game as well as well as to help ronin a little.


Yes of course Hammocks. Not sure why but the proper word would not come to me! Thank you! Hopefully I am not messing up to badly


"Yes, yes, take my book, thats fine. Understand I mean none of the Crew harm. I was at the Inn looking for work.. While This was not my.. Ideal employment, it will work for now. But please, be careful with it, keep it in the Water proof bag So it doesn't get destroyed! I'm much more useful with my spells that without. I can speed our journey, hide our approach, Set Sails on Fire, Allow you to breath underwater, Very, very useful."


The sun begins to hang low on the port side of the ship. Allowing you to realize the ship is traveling North.

DC 15 Knowledge(Geography) or Professiona(Sailor):

you are heading North out of Jeopardy Bay

Master Scourge Calls everyone on deck after their work is done. Plugg walks out on deck and is grinning with delight. Several Pirates, including the dwarf rigger emerge from below deck with the man who had been shackled down in the bilges. He is dragged in front of Mr. Plugg.

"All gathered?" He says with content in his voice, looking up over the crowd. Sandara is there and stands close to Edeldhur, avoiding eye contact with the man on the deck. She looks nervous. Rosie is not far from Sandara, pushing through the crowd trying to get a look. The woman known as Sly is sitting on some boxes on deck with a wicked smile across her lips. Fishguts is not there however but most of the crew is.

101 to 150 of 631 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TheRonin's Skull and Shackles Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.