Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

TheRonin's Skull and Shackles

Game Master TheRonin

Be A Pirate, why not?


51 to 100 of 631 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

If anyone's character is trying to figure out just what the heck happened give a perception check. anyone who beats 10 will notice a weird after taste in their mouth and can roll for Knowledge Nature or Craft Alchemy to learn more


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk struggles to get up and clear his head. Blinking his eyes, he sees the swaying room and hears the thud of boots. As the man with the braided beard yells at them, he figures out what happened.

Well s@!&, we've been shanghied. Henk rubs his face. Well turn about is fair play I guess. Considering how much pa did it.

Henk straightens his shoulders and heads topside.


Male Half orc ranger 1 hp 12/12 ac12, touch 12, ff 10, fort 6, ref 5 ,will 4 ,init 2, perc 7

perception : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
well that must have been a wild night i dont remember much of it he has a large grin on his face

So gang pressed is it, not the first time, hopefully it will be the last. Well time to start going up the rungs once more, where to? he asks the bald man.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

I don't take kindly about being pushed around, and we may yet need to sort this out differently (mumbling) just maybe not now, I guess...

I am trying to get my bearings - if we are out at sea or if I can still hear the bustle of the dockside or seagulls, etc


You can't hear any sounds of the docks, so you would guess you are out to sea.

"Back talkin' me boy? I'm the master of you lot. Rest of ye pay attention, good, it's time ta learn ye manners. I am Master Scourge and ye will be listenin' to me." says the man with the beard.

Three of the pirates approach on Scourge's command, with lightning reflexes he snaps his whip.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 + Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Total 7 Nonlethal Damage to Edelhur

The Whip cuts into Edelhur who was caught both flat footed and virtually naked (no armor).

Rolls:

Edeldhur's Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Pirate 1's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Pirate 2's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Pirate 3's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Master Scourge's Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Edelhur moves quick enough that he wins initiative. Aside from Scourge's initial lightning quick whip strike he appears slow to move, perhaps from celebrating to hard the previous night. Three Pirates slowly advance on Edeldhur, All are armed with saps But they also carry lethal weapons.

You can decide to keep fighting or back down at this point, or well anything else you want, but keep in mind you are unarmed and unarmored.

"Any other lubbers wanna caress from Besmara's fingers? Or will ye be gettin' to work now?" says Scourge with a wicked smile.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

Backing down with a snarl


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

Before this is over, I am going to kill that man with the whip. Kyran thinks before continuing up to the deck.


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

WHoa. Not the time for back-talkin. Plus what did he expect from that SOB?


they are pirates and not the most professional lot, so lets see if they left Kyran and Lugo's spell components and spell books. We'll say 1 they left both, 2 they left the spell books, 3, they left the component pouch, and 4 they took both.

What do you have? (Lugo, Trax and Kyran):

Kyran: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Lugo: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Kyran has his his component pouch, Lugo seems to have his book and component pouch.

Trax, they would not remove your holy symbol of Besmara, so you have it on your person.


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

The galt now completely disheveled with a scowl rather than the boisterous grin from the bar leans over to Lugo.

Lugo or Perception 15:
Mayhaps, we pool our resources for the time being?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Besmara what have you gotten me into? Trax rubs his head and looks darkly towards his captors. At least I still have whats important to me... He runs his fingers over the Holy symbol.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

Rum perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Kyran: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

What the.. the bearded man? Ugh.. He will pay for this with time..

Kilarra checks around her to see what is going on, seeing that the mages appear to be collaborating, so they will be prepared. With a toothy maw and her vile temper, Kilarra is never truly disarmed. But seeing the bearded man with the cruel whip savagely attack Edelhur, she stays her temper for now.

She stands up slowly, giving the crew members a dirty look before getting to work..


Scourge follows the party up, cracking his whip once or twice with sadistic pleasure directly behind Kilarra. He grins a sadistic grin if she looks back at him. In a vague attempt to herd you up stairs, through the middle deck onto the sun scorched deck of the Wormwood.

When your characters reach the main deck it’s quickly apparent that they are on a sizable ship in the middle of the ocean, far from any land. Port Peril and the mainland of the Shackles are just an ochre haze many miles astern. Figures cluster around the ship’s mainmast, looking up at the higher deck on the stern, where two figures stand. One of them is a broad, muscular Garundi man with a shaven head, a long beard bound with gold rings, and an eye patch— clearly the captain.

The other is a younger, balding man with a long black ponytail, wearing a long coat and carrying a well-used cat-o’-nine-tails.

At this point the you will also notice that you are not the only new recruits—four others are standing with them on the deck, set apart by their relative cleanliness and their apparent unease with their newfound situation. A dozen or so other pirates, clearly existing members of the crew, stand about on the deck or in the ship’s rigging.

The Captain Speaks "Glad you could join us at last! Welcome to the Wormwood! My thanks for ‘volunteering’ to join my crew. I’m Barnabas Harrigan. That’s Captain Barnabas Harrigan to you, not that you’ll ever need to address me. I have only one rule—don’t speak to me. I like talk, but I don’t like your talk. Follow that rule and we’ll all get along fine." He pauses for a moment, almost stepping away before adding.

"Oh, and one more thing. Even with you new recruits, we’re still short-handed, and I aim to keep what crew I have. There’ll be a keelhaulin’ for anyone caught killin’ anyone. Mr. Plugg! If you’d be so kind as to make pirates out of these landlubbers, it’ll save me having to put them in the sweatbox for a year and a day before I make pies out of ’em.”

The captain walks off in a nonchalant manner. Having no issues with turning his back to you lot.


The man with the cat-o'-nine-tails remains behind. " I'm bein' Mister Plugg. Firs' Mate of you lott of lubbers."

Unlike most of the pirates Plugg is rather well dressed. A handsome bald man, with a long goatee that is kept in a long but narrow braid, gold jewelry keeps it in place. He has large golden earrings, and a very nice deep purple jacket, vaguely similar to what might be worn in an actual navy. He is clean, and so is his long jacket. Though he wears no shirt under it, showing off a smooth but muscular chest. He wears leather pants, with a large belt with a pouch hanging form it. At his side is a cutlass, and in his hand is the barbed Cat-O'-Nine-Tails. 'Besmara's Fingers' the pirates call it. He is also wearing rather nice boots.

Among the more experienced pirates is an attractive clean woman with pale skin and red hair smoking a pipe wearing a tricorner hat decorated with a feather. With a 15 intelligence check your character will remember seeing her at the Formidable Maid the previous night, though she was not interacting with the rest of the familiar faces.

"Let's see what you lott can do!" Says Mr. Plugg. He motions towards the rigging. He points then to the crows nest 60 feet above the surface.

"Reach it, or feel's Blessed Besmara's fingers on ye hide. First to the top wins, and will be eatin' tonight. Last up? Don't be last up"

Each of you will need to make a DC 10 climb check to climb up, remember you move 1 quarter of your speed while climbing, so you will need four checks if your speed is 30. Or you can make an accelerated climb with penalties at half speed. You can go on your initiative. I will roll for your all, as well as the new recruits. You may choose to fail the test on 'accident' but if you so you need to give me a bluff check. Initiative post coming next.


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

Kyran stands at the rigging looking at the crows nest, not out of fear but as if he is plotting a course he needs to take.

Intelligence 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Accelerated Climb 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

When told that it is a race he takes off climbing it as fast as he can, throwing caution to the wind. In situations like these making yourself stand out can be really good or really bad. Lets hope for the former.


Initiatives:

Make sure you guys put your Iniitiative and AC and stuff in your 'level' tab so I can see it easy

Henk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Kyran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Ornotck: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Kilarra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Edeldhur: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Lugo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Trax: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Tie between Ornotck and Kilara. Odds Orn goes first Evens Kilarra goes first. 1d6 ⇒ 6

Initiative order

Lugo
Henk
Kilarra
Ornotck
Edeldhur
Kyran
Trax

Feel free to post out of order for round 1 and I will summarize once round 1 is done.

Lugo or DC 20 Perception Check:

Lugo you feel a strong empathetic urge to look up, where you see a very familiar Osprey circling over head. Your Familiar.

Nice roll Kyran!

Just a heads up its -5 to your climb check for an accelerated climb guys.


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk looks at the captain and wonders why he made a point about keelhauling.Anything not outright self-defense calls for keelhaulin. Henk shrugs and grabs onto the rigging and starts to climb up at a steady pace.

Climb 1Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Climb 2Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Climb 3Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Climb 4Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Hup, hup, hup.Comon folks, don't lollygag or yer ass will be bloody.


If you can't post constantly feel free to make all your checks now like Henk did, if anything comes up ill get your attention =)


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

Accelerated Climb 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Accelerated Climb 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Accelerated Climb 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

Int: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Climbx4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Looks like Kilarra will be last T_T. It will take her 5 rounds to get up (2 move actions/turn)


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

I do not get tied up with feelings of revenge, but when the odds are balanced, I will definitely have a conversation with that whip boy.

Still not my turn but I am rolling the dice anyway

Climb 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Climb 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Climb 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Climb 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Climb 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

4 climbing rolls done

In case I notice anyone lagging back I attempt a sidelong glance, as if inquiring if help is needed - I will do my best not to show the gathering scoundrels that I am offering it though

Intelligence roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax scrambles up as fast as possible. How dare he call those the blessed fingers of Besmara and then use the against me? I swear they will learn proper respect when this is through

Climb:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Climb:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Climb:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Climb:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Climb:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Climb:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

I accidentally posted under a different alias, it took me 6 rolls to get 4 Climbs

Edit: Twice it seems lol.


Male Half orc ranger 1 hp 12/12 ac12, touch 12, ff 10, fort 6, ref 5 ,will 4 ,init 2, perc 7

Ornotch looks down at his peg leg then up to the rigging, and back to Plugg Why is it every time i get on a new ship they want to have fun making me cliimb the rigging, i have a peg leg for infernos sake, but sure i will give it a try like everyone else. he grumbles as he starts to climb
climb: 1d20 ⇒ 5
climb: 1d20 ⇒ 20
climb: 1d20 ⇒ 3
climb: 1d20 ⇒ 9
climb: 1d20 ⇒ 4
climb: 1d20 ⇒ 12
climb: 1d20 ⇒ 4
climb: 1d20 ⇒ 5

climb to catch self: 1d20 ⇒ 19
climb to catch self: 1d20 ⇒ 13

falling damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
falling damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

extra rolls in case i have to keep going, and if falling 7 feet counts as falling for the falling damage rules
@Kilarra don't feel bad, i did not manage to go up more then 7 feet before i fall.
i am not meant to climb. not to mention this is the second game where this has happened


After Quickly stashin his Spellbook what can barely considered a matress, Lugo decides to keep his mouth shut, but is not happy about being put to Physical labor..

Looking up, he sees his Familiar, Zagarus Flying around with some Other gulls. Lugo Wills a feeling of Comfort up toward the Bird, letting him know he is thankful he's unhurt.

1d20 ⇒ 13
1d20 ⇒ 9
1d20 ⇒ 20
1d20 ⇒ 9

As a school power, I can Feather Fall at will, if I fall from the rigging, I'll slow my fall, While giving plugg a Cocky grin.


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Awake and ready to go!

Henk keeps climbing at a steady pce. Best not to hurry so much you break your neck.


Round 1

Lugo begins to climb up the rigging but falls. Casting Father Fall as he slips. Scourge and Plugg both smile and nod to each other.

Henk begins his climb making his way nice and steady up the rigging to about the halfway point.

Kilarra Can not seem to to get a handhold on the rigging. Scourge grins to himself but Plugg looks unimpressed.

Ornotck slips, trying to get up the rigging with his peg leg, but does slowly start to climb up the riggings.

Edeldhur Begins to climb competently. Plugg seems pleased.

Kyran races ahead and swiftly manages to climb to the top of the crows nest, passing Henk and Edeldhur at the half-way point.

Trax begins to climb though he has some initial trouble.

"Alright, Alright. Looks like the fancyjacket up on the crows nest is our new rigger. The rest of ye lot get yIr asses down."

Once every one is down Plugg grins, "Now the next test. Which one of ye lubbers can cook?"


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk shakes his head in regards to cooking.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax can't hold back his flippant tounge at this point and laughs. "You want people you have just press ganged into service preparing your food? I see no issues arising from that at all...

He immiediately regrets his lack of control.


"Well, I can magic your food up and make you think it tastes better... If fact, I could make Plugg's Boot taste like a nice rare steak... But it will Cost ya.."

prestidigitation Can be used to flavor food, but i have no actual cooking skill.. lol


Master Scourge goes for his whip, but Plugg shakes his head 'no' and motions for some of the crew.

Three veteran pirates step out of the crowd. One a tall man grabs Trax's right arm, another a dark skinned man grabs his left arm. And the third a bronze skinned man, shorter than the rest grabs Trax's shirt. Placing a knife to it to cut it, he then begins to rip it off of him to expose his back.

If you want to resist give me an escape artist check or something similar.


Plugg nods to Lugo, "If we have no real cook I'd be considering this."


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

Kilarra doesn't seem happy with herself she did so poorly; how will she become a scourge of the seas if she can't even climb the rigging of a ship? At the next text, she gives a sour look to Plugg. "I have no interest, and no skill. I'm not sure your human stomachs could handle the food I would be preparin'."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax sighs inwardly. Damn my flippant tounge!

Trax simply closes his eyes and begins prayint ot Besmara out loud. Even if he is whipped he will do his best to not break the chanting of the prayer.

What save would you like for that?


None Trax, you are good.

Scourge speaks out of place "Backtalk eh women?"

Plugg interrupts him "Now now Scourge, You take things to personal. Though, if she insults our crew again tie her to the mast face to face with the other lubber."

With that the three men holding Trax begin to tie him to the mast, his face pressed against the wood. Plugg slowly approaches him with his Cat-O'-Nine-Tails at his side. "Besmara be hearin' soon enough when her fingers gets on ye. Three, no... Four Lashes! This Lot needs to learn some respect!" He looks at the gathered crew who are anxious to watch the punishment handed out.

"These lubbers, they come onto your ship, onto your home and they show us disrespect They think they are better than you lot because their clothes are clean. What do you think of that?"

Jeers can be heard from the gathered crowd, several of the new recruits join in, specifically an Elf and Dwarf, but a halfing stays quiet as does a human. The red headed woman smoking the pipe likewise does not join in the cheering.

He glares at Kilarra, "Unless ye be willin' to join 'em. Two a piece then. Learn two birds some manners with one whip so to speak."

He pulls back his hand ready to strike Trax with the Cat-O'-Nine-Tails.

Going to wait until later before posting the rest so everyone can react appropriately, but the rest of you feel free to post. Whatever you would like.


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk holds his tongue. Cat be too much, but he did hurl that threat about the food. I'd lash him myself if he said that on pa's ship. I gotta talk to him later so he doesn't get himself kilt.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

An angry puzzled look on her face, she looks to Plugg to offer explanation. "The food I cook is barely good enough for sharks, let alone you lot. Not meant as a disrespect. My talents are best used elsewhere, I know too much about runnin' ships to be locked up in a kitchen like some wench. Let the man take his lashings alone." She starts to move away, but turns back with a smile. "Somebody told me that the first rule is to take care of your shipmates. I'll take all his lashings." She steps over to take Trax's place and leans in to give him a whisper.

Spoiler:
"Both you and Besmara owe me one, priest."


Male Half orc ranger 1 hp 12/12 ac12, touch 12, ff 10, fort 6, ref 5 ,will 4 ,init 2, perc 7

At the mention of one of them being a cook, Ornotck gives a once over glance at each of the party that was forced to climb with him, hmm doesn't seem like they would be a good fit for cooking, any of them, great well slows down my plans a little but might as well offer it.

Looking at Plug Well more often then not they put the ones with peg legs in the galley, so i guess i can be your cook, unless you want some one else to be.

As they grab Trax hmm better not give them any lip, who knows how long the others will live, best to keep my head down as it were.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax cocks his head somewhat, but smiles and whispers back

Spoiler:
"After they already ripped up my shirt? They will just find an excuse later wth a bare back mocking them. Might as well take my two now."

He looks back at the pirates, nods, then continues praying out loud.


Plugg grins, "Four each it is!" He announces. Another set of of crew men grab onto Kilarra's arms, mindful of her claws. Plug motions that they be tied to the mast. The are placed face against the wood on opposite sides of the mast. Several of the pirates tear the back off of Kilarra's shirt and Plugg walks forward to the demon woman, pulls back his whip and begins to strike her back.
I am actually going to roll initiative for your guys in case you want to react or try to escape or what have you.But you are currently bound and helpless If you want to pass on your turns let me know.

Initiatives:

Mr. Plugg 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Kilarra 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Trax 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Okay Kilarra, Trax then Plugg, but I am going to assume he gets to go, let me know if you want to act before he does.

Cat-o'-nine-tails: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 None Lethal Damage to Kilarra.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Pass, except for the unbroken chanting to Besmara.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

Dangit I didn't see the natural armor variant racial until now. Whip? What whip?!
She will give the men holding her a ferocious stare, but avoid all eye contact with Plugg. She will do nothing else until its over.
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25


What roll is that? Intimidate?


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

yes sorry, intimidate.


No problem =)

Plugg slowly walks over to Trax and casually strikes him with the Cat-O-Nine-Tails

1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 non lethal damage to Trax.

Trax continues to chant which Plugg ignores. Up again Kilarra


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

She will let them take their 3 turns without interrupting them.


Plugg steps back to Kilarra and strikes her again

1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Then to Trax and strikes him

1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

He repeats this process.

1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 to Kilarra

1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 to Trax

Trax falls unconscious from the whipping. But Kilarra is still up.

"Tough wench"
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 to Kilarra

Kilarra falls unconscious

1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 to Trax

16 Non Lethal Damage to Kilarra. She should awake in 2 hours. 17 to Trax, who should awaken in 6 hours.

"Leave 'em there to burn in the sun 'til they both come to. Unless someone wants next get to work ye lot. The Half-Orc is the new cook's mate. The Fancy Jacket (Kyran) Is our new rigger, the rest of ye are swabs! now get to it."

Everyone conscious will be assigned a duty for the rest of the day I will post in a moment


Random Job rolls:

Rigger
Kyran 1d6 ⇒ 2

Cook's Mate
Ornotck 1d6 ⇒ 6

Swabs
Lugo 1d6 ⇒ 2
Henk 1d6 ⇒ 1
Edeldhur 1d6 ⇒ 3
Trax - Asleep!
Kilarra - Asleep!

Plugg begins to walk off below deck satisfied that punishment as been dealt, he leaves Master Scourge to put the sailors to work.

Scourge approaches Kyran, "Your good at climbin' so climb up there and start working that line. Hoisting, Lowering sails that sort of thing. And don't you be makin' a mess of it. "

Kyran:

Linework! Basically its rigging the sails and such, you need a DC 10 profession Sailor. Or you can make a DC10 Dexterity check. Also I need a DC 10 constitution check to avoid you becoming fatigued at the end of your shift.

On the lines and in the rigging you see several other members of the crew. One is a Gnome, dressed in flamouyant and surprisingly clean atire. Purple jacket, purple hat decorated wiht a feather, he looks more the part of a pretender than a real pirate. He introduces him self as 'Conchobhar Shortstone' and gives you a courtesy bow, while balancing on a line. He has a wicked smile on his lips and a thick black mustache that curls on the ends.

Theres also a Ratfaced halfling he has long arms and missing fingers. Three are gone. He pays you little attention but is introduced by Conchobhar as "Ratline" There is also a large darkskinned human you are told is named Maheem, again by the talkative Gnome. Though Maheem does not look very friendly.

Finally there is an attractive, though dirty and disheveled human woman. The Gnome winks at her and tells you her name is "Sly", "Slipper Sly".

The Leader of the riggers appears to be a Dwarf, he introduces himself as "Narwhal" Tate. He is one of the pirates who was with Scourge when you first awoke.


Edeldhur:

You are assigned to swap the deck. Scourge watches the deck constantly to over see this work the majority of the crew was assigned to this task, though you are the only member of the group who were kidnapped to be assigned it. On deck you see Scourge and several of his cronies. You will notice his cronies make a show of working for about 10 minutes before they end laying leaned against the mast talking amongst themselves. Mostly rude comments about you and your group. Obscene comments about a 'devil woman'. Obviously Kilarra. Aswell as several other obscene comments directed an attractive halfling woman who is busy scrubbing the deck.

She glares at them and they stop. The woman has wavy brown hair, a red scarf around her neck, nice boots, and a high quality axe tucked into a belt loop designed for it. She glares at them, then at your party members still unconscious and on the mast before going back to work.

its not long before the attractive red headed woman you noticed in the crowd with the pipe approaches you. She is doing the same task but seems to have a friendly smile. She introduces herself as Sandara Quinn, she has the holy symbol of Besmara hanging from her neck, nestled between her cleavage. "That's Rosie, The bend I mean. I'm Sandara. Your friends are very brave and very stupid. The one was chanting to Besmara? These dogs wouldn't know Blessed Besmara if she polymorphed them herself."

I need a DC 10 Strength or Constitution check for your days work, failing either of these will leave you fatigued after the day is out


Henk:

You are led by a human pirate down to the bilges at the very bottom of the ship, It is dark, and damn and there is water pooling at your feet. You are handed a dagger by the man who led you downstairs "Fir Spiders" he says, he shows you your tasks then departs.

You will need a DC12 Strength Check for your daily work. Also after a DC 10 con check to avoid being fatigued.

In the middle of the room, on his knees, soaked with water and sweat and tears is a human male. His hands are in manacles which are chained to the deck under the shallow water. He is in terrible condition and looks as if he had been beaten bloodied. He does not say anything to you.

Ornotck:

You are led down to what passes for a galley and introduced to the cook. The pirates escorting you leave and the cook introduces him self, "Ambrose Koop, but theys be callin' me Fishguts for obviousolin reashons" He slurs his words and you can smell Rum on him. Not that it is a surprise he reaches down and picks up a bottle and takes a drink from it.

"Capt'n ordered somethin' special, shomethin' goin' down tonight, wes got lotsh to do."

I need a DC 10 profession Cook check, or a survival check of the same DC for your work!

Lugo:

Lugo you are given the most freedom on the ship as you have been assigned to the job of Rat catcher. He are given a small dagger to use and are instructed to move through out the ship catching and killing rats and critters and bugs.

You will need a DC 10 Stealth, Survival or Dexterity check to catch enough rats for the day

Okay you are free to do your jobs, interact with the NPCs and whatever else you want, but you will only have time for one of the ship actions listed in campaign info tab in addition to your normal work. Our sleeping beauties will also wake up soon. Ill chime in after everyone gets some posts in to let them know when they are up.


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

I will take the influence action and attempt to get to know Slipper Sly. I guess that require some rolls.
Profession Sailor 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Constitution 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

So gnome, how long have you been on the ship and who is the cabin boy, my clothes are quite dirty...well hello. He changes his attention as soon as he sees Slipper Sly. He flashes a smile and gets back to work he even goes as far as removing some clothing and continues working hard all the while glancing at her through the corner of his eye.

51 to 100 of 631 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TheRonin's Skull and Shackles Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.