Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

TheRonin's Skull and Shackles

Game Master TheRonin

Be A Pirate, why not?


1 to 50 of 631 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Gameplay Is now open.


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

The well dressed Galt sits in the corner, the well polished rapier dangling at his side entertaining the interests of two of the finest wenches the tavern has to offer. Their fingers running through his immaculate hair and his hands exploring the curves of their figures.


A very plane serving girl approaches the well dressed man. She is wearing a low cut blue dress that falls to the floor, it looks uncomfortably tight around the waist and has more than a few stain marks from what you presume to be spilled food and drink. She smiles sincerely, her lips are full and red, and she has a slight blush and smells more than a little like the local ale. "What'll it be Sir? Ale? Though we'd have a bit of wine left too, none to good though, truth being told."


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

I'll take the finest wine you have, lovely. He says with a wink and a half smile offering a hand to help her up.


"Finest? Well it'll not be very expensive at the very least." she says under her breath as she leaves to fetch your wine.


Sitting at a table by himself, Lugo sits with an open book in front of him. Every so often he'll reach over and take a drink of Ale, or have a bite of his meal. The man has tan skin, with dark hair, a finely cropped beard graces is square chin. A bird with a white body and brownish wings sits on his shoulder. Oblivious to the world around him, Lugo doesn't notice the barmaid standing next to him till she give him a tap on the shoulder.

" Wha? Ah, my apologies, I was lost in my work. Yes, I would love another Ale."


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

A rather drably dressed, but solidly built young man sits at a table. He has a bandanna around his head and next to him is a backpack and a harpoon, well maintained. He has a cutlass at his side as well. He waves over a barmaid.

Hey there. Ale and some stew if there is anything over the fire.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

Edel absent mindedly plucks at his lute while pondering the Tavern's patrons. His attire, although showing some use, seems to be put together for efficiency, in the way that would impede the least any sudden or quick movements.

With his feet propped up a chair and his weapon belt resting against the wall, he does seem relaxed and at ease within the loud environment.

So... Kyran... I'm going out for a stroll - You staying?


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

Kyran looks to the woman sitting on his right, then the woman on the left, and finally at the clumsy barmaid who has bent over to pick up some spilled mugs before looking briefly at you Yeah, I'm staying. He then looks at the girls and charmingly adds Unless you girls want to retire to my room for the evening?


One of the bar maids look up and with a wicked smile, "Not just yet, but you'll be rememberin' this night for a long while methinks." before disappearing into the next room to find more ale.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

I am off then, I feel like I may just fall asleep if I stay in here for much longer. Cheers.

Edeldhur picks up, and fits his weapon belt moving outside, into the cool spring afternoon end. Taking a deep breath of sea breeze he starts walking towards the dockside.


The smell of stewed meats, old ale and cheap wine fill the air. Several members of our adventure have already joined the festivities. For this is but a regular night in Port Peril. Drinking, Loud Laughing, the sounds of flirting and perhaps other more amorous pursuits can be heard and perhaps glimpsed out fo the corner of the eye. For this is the Formidable Maid well known to locals as a shady but exciting drinking establishment. Many are old sea dogs, who have spent years on the sea, others are green pirates with pockets full of their first share of loot desperately trying to impress the intoxicated bar maid on their lap. Others still are landlubers and neophites ready to join or curious about a life at sea.

These are not nice people, but they are freedom loving people. Although unlike in Andoran, or even the disorganized River Kingdoms one man's freedom does not end when it begins to infringe on another's. This is a rough area, but it is just one of many such islands and ports in the lawless shackles.

The ale taste off tonight, but due to its low quality few would notice. As does the wine, though the freshly fermented grape juice can hardly considered 'wine' by most standards. The Barmaids range from plane to very attractive, and several other women seem to fill out the tavern, mostly draped around pirates flush with wealth. Though more then a few tough looking female pirates take up the tavern. They look tough as nails and have more than a few men and women attending to them. Though details are hard to make out in the smokey Tavern.

At one table sits a well dressed suave pirate. Possibly the only person dressed better than Kyran. At another is a pretty woman with a pipe in one hand and a bit of magic light dancing in her palm. At yet another is a barbaric looking man with a huge sword leaned against his table and a long twisted beard. And these are but three of a tavern full of people from various walks of life and backgrounds. None of them to be trifled with.

Just some atmosphere while we wait!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

A young man sits by himself drinking a mug of ale as he studies the room. He is evry plainly dressed, and a holy symbol of BEsmara swings from his neck.

"My food hasn't arrived yet. Get a move on wench! I can't be staying here all night expecting only Ale to get me by!"

It's a little obvious the man is drunk


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

OOC: Was just wandering off to look for some open book store or bric-a-brac curiosities - Edel is a guy who was brought up with a sword in one hand and a book in the other so he is ever eager to increase his knowledge regarding the places he visits, he looks for tidbits of information wherever he can find them - oddity shops, souvenir stands, etc. etc.

Lets see if I can find any interesting business still open as the light fades

OOC: Off he goes unless something in here pikes his curiosity


Edeldhur will find no book stores in Port Peril but there are more than enough shops offering curiosities of all sort. Charred leg bone of a long forgotten pirate king which is supposed to drive the bar maidens mad with lust should you keep it in your pocket. Oils and Perfumes of all sort. Imported wines, 'magic' rocks. Several of which can 'walk on water' and will not sink. In actuality they are merely bassalt. But you find yourself feeling dizzy and weak as you continue to walk about.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

I guess that beer was less watered than I expected. I'll just pause for a moment to catch my breath, maybe closer to the seaside and the cooler breeze

OOC: All those things that you referred are exactly the ones that pike his curiosity - he has a strong knowledge of things Arcane and Extraplanar but he is very much interested in local folklore, tales and history - mainly manuscripts and/or maps


A shopkeep approaches Edeldhur, its late but in such a sea side town the doors are often open late."Good sir! You look ill! Mayhaps the tentacle of a starfish would ease your stomach? For but a few coppers my daughter could have a dish prepared. It is local medicine you know. Won't find it in so called 'civilized' society though. "


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk smacks his lips and looks at the off flavored ale [i] No pride in their ale. yesh.[/b] Henk finishes up his stew and looks for the barkeep. hey there? Heard of any ship new in port that are looking for crew? Been looking for a new berth and if ya know of a hiring captain, I would appriciate it.

[occ] Off to work for a while[/ooc]

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax puts down his ale and attempts to listen in on Henk's conversation. It is after all his dream to become a pirate.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1
TheRonin wrote:
A shopkeep approaches Edeldhur, its late but in such a sea side town the doors are often open late."Good sir! You look ill! Mayhaps the tentacle of a starfish would ease your stomach? For but a few coppers my daughter could have a dish prepared. It is local medicine you know. Won't find it in so called 'civilized' society though. "

Have I ever heard of such "local medicine"?

Well, thank you, but I am thinking a cool breeze should be more than enough to get me by. Tentacle of a starfish you say?


Nah, it's complete hogwash


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

Haha, in that case I'll just move along

Again thank you, I am on my way now. Have a nice evening


A pretty barmaid answers Henk. Holding back a giggle.
"Round these parts its more the captains find you. Know what I mean? But ships always need crews. Since most of 'em have crew members leavin' in ever' port you know?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax intrudes on Henks discussion smiling, " S'that so? Maybe you could introduce me to wone of these fine captains and I would be happy to enlist my aid to their cause..."


Growing Tired of his Studies, Lugo packs his book up, carefuly placing in side a small leather wrap, then into his backpack. He then spies around for a curvy redheaded lass, and calls her over, ordering then both strong drinks

Hullo lass, have you heard tale of the Mighty Sea Krakken...


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

Over hearing Lugo's conversation the galt speaks out, I know tales o my manhood have travelled far, but sea kraken is ... Well... About right. he then goes back to taking body shots from the fine wenches.


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12
Trax Vorkosigan wrote:
Trax intrudes on Henks discussion smiling, " S'that so? Maybe you could introduce me to wone of these fine captains and I would be happy to enlist my aid to their cause..."

Har, well what do ya know. Mebee we can find a ship for the both of us. Right lass? Be willin to give ya something that is cold and hard and in me pocket and is worth your while. Henk holds up a gold piece.


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)
Henk2 wrote:
Trax wrote:
Har, well what do ya know. Mebee we can find a ship for the both of us. Right lass? Be willin to give ya something that is cold and hard and in me pocket and is worth your while.

Har Har!


The barmaid giggles but otherwise ignores the raunchy advances. "I'll bring you all some more Ale."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax lets out a hearty laugh and smiles broadly. His day is turning out alright after all. "Aye A ship worthy of us all I say!"

He turns to Henk, "My name is Trax Vorkosigan, faithful of our dear Besmara. What is your name?"


An older pirate, long in tooth and short in remaining years, not 10 feet away lifts a pint of ale. "To Blessed Besmara!" He removed his old and dirty tricorner hat and sets it on his table, taking another drink from his ale, "You fancy jackets treat her right and you'll ne'er be caught windbound, you hear me?" with that he goes back to his business seemingly ignoring the rest of the tavern.


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12
Trax Vorkosigan wrote:

Trax lets out a hearty laugh and smiles broadly. His day is turning out alright after all. "Aye A ship worthy of us all I say!"

He turns to Henk, "My name is Trax Vorkosigan, faithful of our dear Besmara. What is your name?"

Henk Pardleshow. Life-long whaler and fisher, good to meet ya. Henk raises a cheer with the old pirate.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

With a loud CRASH, the door is kicked in, revealing a green-skinned humanoid with crimson eyes, flowing black hair, and a wicked smile. I heard there was adventure and pirates these parts. All I see are old men and boys who have never been on open water. I'm looking to join up with some real sea men, come have a chat with me if'n you're interested.

Kilarra takes a seat near the center of the room, in plain sight of everybody. She awaits what she hopes will be a captain with his own ship, looking for crew mates. It is also quite plain that though she has such odd features about her, the Demon-spawn is beautiful in her own way.

Anybody with knowledge planes could likely see with a dc15 that she resembles the Demon prince of the Seas, Dagon.


A tall man wearing red cloth over his head hiding the majority of his hair, with thick dark eyebrows ad a thick dark mustache running down to a row of thick braids that make up his beer speaks up. He is wearing a black button up long coat, At his belt is a bloody axe. At his side a curled up whip. He smiles a wicked smile of gold, one hand coming up to touch his earring before going back down to his small glass of rum.

"Heh." he says, smiling his wicked smile before taking another drinking. Finishing the drink he sets it down on his table.

"Man enough for a demon wench like ye I'd figure. One day just perhaps ye'd be gettin' a chance to find that out for ye self. " He seems unconcerned and unthreatened by the numerous pirates and wannabes crowding into the tavern.

"Bar wench! A round of the special rum fer the demon-lass over yonder. I likes the way she carries her self. Brave n' Stupid. "


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk rolls his eyes and mutters, Well look who is the special princess of the ocean.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Barbarian 1 / HP: 14 / AC,T,FF: 15, 12, 13 / F+4, R+2, W-1 / Perception +5 / Init +2

While she may not be overly perceptive, Kilarra can usually tell when somebody says something ill of her. Noticing Henk's words, she shoots him a menacing look.

Intimidate, just to get Henk to smarten up and show some respect..1d10 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Feeling she's done a decent job of shutting the human up for now, she turns her attention to the brash man, and joins him at his table. Brave and stupid, hah! Aren't all good pirates? Not to mention, their lust for..[b] she pauses for a moment to lean in with a quiet voice all manner of treasures.[/b] She accepts the drink and knocks it back without taking a moment to breath.


With a murderous gleam in his eye, even for a pirate the man nods, drinking again from his own Rum. "Not all that glitters be gold lassy, and not all treasure fit 'nto ye coin purse."

He glances towards Henk. "Fir' rule of the seas ye take care of those that'd be your shipmates. There be a time and a place for scarin' 'em, but this not be it. Bar Wench, that lot of fancy jackets there." he motions towards the newcomers. "Get them a servin' of that special rum if they haven' already had none."


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Henk does feel a chill go up his back, but after a look at the pirates the demon woman is chatting up, he thinks she is going to soon be way over her head.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

Trax looks over the rather loud ... thing... that managed to silence his new companion. Part of him is impressed with her bravado and swagger, the other part of him is condemning her for her arrogance, but either way, she seems desperately familiar to him.
Knowledge Religion1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

"Dagon..." He whispers. There is no mistakeing it, it was like she was carved to be a near twin to the demon. He finds himself staring and looks away hoping she doens't direct her intimidating gaze towards him.


"From the master." The barmaid says, glancing away to avert her eyes from yours as she sets down a round of mugs full of spiced rum. The strong and distinct smell sticks out even in the busy crowded tavern. It smells good, the way a good rum should, Sharp with the familiar flavor of alcohol but sweet and complex with numerous delicious spices mixed in. Surprisingly smooth and easy to drink despite the burning aftertaste. She scurries off back to the kitchen.


M Human Fighter 1 HP 10/12 F5R2W1 Init+2 AC: 16 FF: 14 Touch: 12

Eh..you say something Trax? Gone a bit pale.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric

"Oh don't mind me I just need a drink is all"
He quickly brings up the wonderful smelling rum to his mouth taking a deep drink. "Blessing of Besmara on you lot!" He waves the mug in thanks.


Male Half orc ranger 1 hp 12/12 ac12, touch 12, ff 10, fort 6, ref 5 ,will 4 ,init 2, perc 7

sorry for the late entry, i did not know i was in the game, but good thing it has not started yet for real.

A tall gray bald half orc ducks his head into the bar, his skin weathered from months or years at sea, his peg leg not slowing him down at all. he walks up to the barkeeper and starts to talk

So do you have anything other then booze here, i am looking for something a little finer, if you know what i mean he looks over at one of the serving girls and gives a grin. so do you offer that kind of serves here or should i take my coin elsewhere

he eyes Kilarra briefly hmm now she looks like she could be crazy in the sack, ah best not think of it, don't want a fight when i can just pay like a 'civilized man' he smirks at the thought.


The Barmaid responds to Ornotck, "We've a spot of rum left and some stale ale and fresh wine, but we don't be offerin' that service here. If ya want a bite you'll have ta toss your line in the water just like the rest of tha' boys. Or make arrangements with ta girls ou'side. She said motioning to a host of amorous young pirates speaking with a group of women, Some older, some younger, the daughters of local businessmen perhaps.

The man at the table with Kilarra stroked his braided beard and looked to the green woman, "Now Whadda 'spose we got here... On my lap or o'er wit' the lubbers lassy, but get outta the chair."

He stood up and motioned towards Ornotck, "Don't be rude ye ol' saltydog 'ave a seat and 'ave a spot of rum, da girls all look prettier with some in ye. 'plains this one no doubt." He let out a loud belly laugh and motioned for the barmaid to bring him another round of rum. Before sitting back down, glancing over to Kilarra to give her a frightening look if she is still sitting in the chair.

Ah now that all of our players are here things should be rollin' by tomorrow. Anyone's characters still 'awake' should be getting pretty Hazy by now. With the exception of Kilarra and Ornotck.


Elf Wizard 7 / Archmage 1

By this time Edeldhur, after his evening stroll, returns to the tavern plopping himself down and addressing one of the serving wenches

So what's all the commotion about? And what are those "different" bottles I see running around that were not here when I left an hour ago?


"Spiced rum, special blen' courtesy of master scourge over there with the Green Wench." The barmaid says responding to Edeldhur


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

Kyran takes the drink and two women and leads them upstairs for the evening for a most entertaining evening. Surely this night will go down as one to remember...


Male Half orc ranger 1 hp 12/12 ac12, touch 12, ff 10, fort 6, ref 5 ,will 4 ,init 2, perc 7

I guess i will then, He walks over to one of the more comely women I have some fine coin for who ever would like to have a few rounds with me in the sack. the more the merrier as they say so more then one of you wants to play come on up, And yes everything is larger on me before you can ask. well i will be waiting upstairs for those that want some easy work. ah i will be doing most the work after all he laughs and goes upstairs, hoping for a fun night,

i am good with a fade to black idea on this, so we can move on.


You each awake slowly. Last night is a haze. You can remember the perfumes, the stewed meet, the ale, and the rum. The damn rum. Your head is splitting and the floor appears to be rocking side to side in a rhythmic fashion. Accompanied by creeks and groans of damp wood. You are on a ship. It is dark and smells terrible.

Ornotck:

The last thing you remember was a woman walking into the room with you, taking you up on your 'offer' but first she insisted you have some more rum. She was very persistant. It tasted off. Then, did she kiss you? or was that a dream? You don't remember any more.

Kyran:

The last thing you remember are the women who led you upstairs, they begin very slowly to undress you when you felt dizzy, You couldn't balance. Then they laughed and smiled at each other. You felt something hit your head. Was it a sap or just the floor? You don't remember, but you are still bruised on the back of the head.

Edeldhur:

You felt dizzy after returning to the tavern. then things get fuzzy. You hadn't had anywhere near as much as the others, but you stumbled outside for more fresh air, then something hit you. You don't remember what. You awake with a throbbing pain to the side of your head.

Lugo:

Lugo the last thing you remember was a well dressed man making a crude joke about his manhood. And a pretty redheaded lass with freckles pouring you something that was not ale. The rest of the night is a blur to you. But you don't believe you walked out of tavern on your own.

Trax:

You had just finished wishing the blessings of Besmara on the group around you when your eyes shut. You only blinked, it was only for a moment, but when you opened them people where in different spots. They had moved, time had passed. Had you fallen asleep? There was the Green woman, the man with the braided beard, a orc, no of course it was a half-orc. Your eyelids grew heavy again and you shut them, only for a moment. You did not reopen them until this moment.

Henk:
It wasn't long after you exchanged words with the demon-woman. You began to get dizzy. Trax seemed asleep, or in a trance. Then there was a half-orc. Then you landed head first on your table. "The Rum!" you heard someone shout as you lost consciousness.

Kilarra:
You remember the half-orc you remember the man with the braided beard suggesting you leave or climb onto his lap. But you don't recall what you did from that point. Did you leave? No, well maybe... You remember several of the fancy jackets dropping to their table or to the ground. It was confusing, your mind was clouded. But not from the rum, you tried to put two and two together when a raspy voice whispered in your ear. 'Play ye cards right and mayhaps you'll make it through tomorrow'

PHEW

Before you can do much more than sit up, however, several pairs of heavy footsteps enter the dark room, and the harsh light of a lantern painfully spears your eyes. Enter ahead of the men is the man with the braided beard. He smiles a wicked smile, his axe at his belt, his dirty jacket covering the handle and most of his body, in his hands is his whip. With him are six rough looking pirates, He screams at you, “Still abed with the sun over the yardarm? On your feet, ye filthy swabs! Get up on deck and report for duty before Cap’n Harrigan flays your flesh into sausage skins and has Fishguts fry ye up for breakfast!”

You notice your gear is missing, you are wearing only your basic clothes and underwear. Not a dagger is on your person, your armor and other possessions are gone. Anyone with a familiar or Animal companion will notice they are missing.

I believe thats just our wizard, but don't worry!

"Ye Fancy jackets and whores wanted to be Pirates, well now ye be pirates. Welcome to the Wormwood. Now get ta work before I do."


Male Human Bladebound Kensai Magus/1 (HP 6/9, AC/F/T 17/10/17, F +3, R +2, W +3, Perception +1, Initiative +2)

The well-dressed Galt, is the first that awakens. Now in shambles of clothes and his hair a mess falling in front of his face, groans, and begins to attempt to wipe the horrible after taste from his mouth, begins to talk but then decides that discretion his in need here and does as the piece of filth asks, stumbling on deck, squinting and using his hand to hide his eyes from the harsh light of the sun...

Perception1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

1 to 50 of 631 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TheRonin's Skull and Shackles Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.