Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Road to Minkai: Dragoncat's Jade Regent (Party 2)

Game Master Dragoncat

5 PCs are picked
To journey to a far land
To reclaim a throne.

Current Date: Fireday, 26th of Desnus, 4715 AR

Current Chapter: Night of Frozen Shadows

Map of Kalsgard

Asvig's Farm

Loot List!

The Funeral Ship


1 to 50 of 3,930 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

5th of Gozran, 4715 AR

Our story begins here, in the quiet coastal town of Sandpoint. Much has happened in town in the last five years--Sandpoint has survived goblin raids, giant attacks, and even a red dragon attack. The town has weathered these events as it always has, and today, it has returned to the sleepy little town it once was.

Today is a day like any other--sunny, warm, and full of good cheer. Unfortunately, the mood is dampened by the latest news from the Lost Coast Road--the goblins of Brinestump Marsh are up to their old mischief again, attacking trade caravans with increasing aggression. From eyewitness reports, the goblins are using fireworks to attack trade caravans along the roads, resulting in several serious injuries.

The Rusty Dragon tavern is bustling with patrons looking for a good meal and entertainment today, and so far they're finding both. The owner, an exotically-beautiful bardess with black hair and white bangs named Ameiko Kaijitsu, hurries about with trays of food alongside her elderly halfling waitress Bethana, delivering meals to several customers--notably, a Varisian man in fine clothes whose face bears several sunburns from the open road, an elderly lady in colourful robes and a shawl, and a blonde elf woman seated at the bar, clad in studded leathers and spinning a knife idly on the well-worn surface.

Go ahead and make yourselves an introductory post!


HP 37/37 | AC 15/13/12 CMD 19 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Initiative +8
Skills:
Painting +7 Perception +12 Stealth +12
Favored Enemy Human +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

Eyes slowly sliding open as the morning (or midday, or evening, or whenever) light drifts into his extended stay room Friday merely stares at the ceiling for a few moments to make sure he is truly awake before he makes any attempts at standing. Languidly moving about he dons his loose grey shirt and dark breeches and, despite the light and warmth, his heavy leather jacket, it was second nature for him to do so. Foregoing his boots he slides the strap of his portable atelier over his shoulder and makes his way down into the common room of the Rusty Dragon.

Finding a mostly unoccupied corner he sets out a book and some graphite and begins creating quick sketches of the more noticeable people moving about the room.


(RETIRED) Male Human Druid HP: 18/18 | AC: 19/13/16 CMD: 12 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +7 | Initiative: +3

Marten still had that familiar smell of eucalyptus and peyote in his nose. He was lightheaded from it, somewhat dizzied, but the acrid smoke had been used for generations within the Circle to help commune with the spirits that dwelt in the earth but also rode the winds all around.

He had walked several miles into the wood, up to Yudah - the highest high around where the Varisian Gulf could still be seen - to light his fire. The stench would have been too thick in the caves in the bluff above the sea where he and the Circle made their home.

He prayed to Gozreh for guidance and strength. Two days earlier a ranger had told him of an increased number of goblin attacks, unusually brazen and organised for the horrid gremlins. Most concerning to Marten was that they were targeting caravans - just like the ones that Gryf had taken employment on since..... well for the past three years.

He packed his herbs back into his pouch and began to walk back, not toward the caves, but to Sandpoint.

-------------

Marten walked with a languid style, like a man absolutely sure of his place in the world. A rare thing not to be concerned with matters of station or improvement or ambition but simply to... be. Balanced and calm, like the still waters after a storm.

He wondered if the caravan Gryf worked on had arrived yet and decided his best chance to find his brother was at a tavern named the Rusty Dragon. He had been there before on the occasions when he visited the town to trade fish or furs or smokeleaf. It was a friendly place and he had eaten good food cooked by the exotic owner. It seemed the most likely place.

The tavern seems unusually busy so he eases his lean frame into a stool at the bar and waited patiently to be served.

When Ameiko sees him and moves to serve he smiles easily in a way that lights up his face. His skin is ruddy from the sea air and his hair hangs loosely just below the nape of his neck. He has pale blue eyes and though not handsome in the conventional sense, he exudes an air of confidence and mystery that usually turns a few heads on the occasions he comes to town.

Long days and pleasant nights, Ms Kaijitu. he says, one of the traditional greetings of his people. I can see you are busy so my order will be simple. Whiskey, please. Or brandy if you are out.

His people brewed strong alcohol from moss that grew on the walls of some of the deeper caverns. They called it Firewater and he had developed a taste for the bitterly strong alcohol. Whiskey was the closest he could buy.

Taking a sip, he continues; The Circle has been hearing rumours of goblin attacks. Strange in Goblins have an unnatural love of fire, but this is odd even for them, isn't it? Has anyone been.... injured in the caravans they attack?


A Beautiful Bardess Beyond Compare

Ameiko nods at Marten as he greets her. "Right--coming right up."

Once she brings Marten his drink, she listens to his question regarding the caravan attacks. "Yeah, from what I've heard--pretty badly, too. There's only been a couple of injuries so far, but I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time before they get lucky with one of them and kill someone."


(RETIRED) Male Human Druid HP: 18/18 | AC: 19/13/16 CMD: 12 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +7 | Initiative: +3

Marten's shoulders relax visibly with the news.

That's good... his eyes widen as he realises what he said. That no one has been killed, I mean.

He continues sipping at the whiskey, leaving the lady to continue serving the patrons.

If he is on one of those caravans, at least he still lives.

He looks around the bar with his sharp eyes. People laugh and joke and gamble and several tables but at one is an extremely tall human, feral-looking, almost awkward with his size. Oddly, the big man appears to be drawing, looking up occasionally to look at the people around him and then back down at his work. For a moment, the pair's eyes meet and Marten nods simply before turning back to his own drink.


HP 37/37 | AC 15/13/12 CMD 19 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Initiative +8
Skills:
Painting +7 Perception +12 Stealth +12
Favored Enemy Human +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

As the newcomer's eyes meet his he looks back down to his drawings but does not continue sketching. Making eye contact with others always unnerved him. Letting out a few deep breaths he'll hold up his hand whenever Ameiko looks in his general direction. He needed a drink.


Male Bloodrager (primalist) 2 | hp 22 | AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 | Perc+7 | Fort+5, Ref+1, Will+2 | CMD+16| HP2 Bloodrager

A day of scrounging up more work, hope of hearing another caravan leaving or nobles looking for a guide ended up fruitless, he had even asked about the local goblin problem but was told to speak to the sheriff. There was only one thing he wanted after all that a drink at the rusty dragon.

Stepping in to the Tavern he spots the owner Ameiko drifting around server pints and food, he smiles to himself always there with a drink and a smile this place hasn't changed he thinks to himself, He spots Sandru and gives him a wave and a nod but shys away from acknowledging Koya. I'll have to speak to him later when she's gone. As he begins to head to the bar.. He freezes on the spot as the one person he didn't expect would be here was sitting at the bar. Brother..

His stubbornness kicks in as he strides forward towards the bar moving to the far end of the bar and called over to the barmaid. "A pint and a shot of whisky." He drinks the shot and begins to down the pint, as he finishes he quickly glancing at Marten, then signals for another pint. He's here then, this is no social drink for one of the circle hes got something on his mind he just has to share with me. He huffs, the anger building up in him. He had better not mention damn spirits


Female Rakshasa-Spawn Tiefling Arcanist 5 | HP 11/19 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | Ft +2 Rf +4 Wi +4 | Init +6 | Perc +4 (+6 if Xel within arm's reach)

As busy as the Dragon was, Valeria didn't want to bother Ameiko too much. She'd been in and chatting with her a bit before the rush started, quietly sitting at the bar with Xel enjoying a small plate of diced up meat Bethana had set out for him. Her choice of clothing was rather plain; a sleeveless, pale-blue top and a long white skirt slit high up one side. The only hint of her true calling was the large spellbook hanging from a secure strap over one shoulder, along with the smaller book she was writing in.

It was one more of about a dozen or more unfinished magical dissertations or thesis she worked on that were less for academic study and more like one-person brain storming or sounding boards. Half the reason they were all unfinished was often that working on one would spark an idea about a whole separate topic entirely.

This one was about some aspects of transmutation magic but had, in the past, sparked related ideas and theories for evocation or even divination. All of it entirely theoretical, though, she lacked the resources and magical skill to test much of it, not to mention that a lot would rely on willing sentient test subjects which didn't quite sit right with her - even if her transmutation experiments could be kinda fun.


HP 37/37 | AC 15/13/12 CMD 19 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Initiative +8
Skills:
Painting +7 Perception +12 Stealth +12
Favored Enemy Human +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

Shooting quick glances in the direction of the bar Friday quickly loses the need for a drink as inspiration strikes him. Seeing a familiar tailed girl sitting and studying at the bar he goes back to sketching. What was her name? Valor? Focusing on the girl's exoticness helped ease him and district him from the hustle and bustle surrounding him. Distracting Reader #1 he labels the piece without thinking.

Craft (Art): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Very distracting he thought to himself as he begin marking all the mistakes he made on the piece.


Female Kitsune Bard 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wi +3 | Init +3 | Perc +6 | Perform 14/14 | Spells 4/4 2/2 | DL 3/3 | Party Loot

Sitting next to the blond elf, a dark-haired tien-looking woman in a layered leather breastplate, leather pants and sensible boots sips at a mug of tea. Haru listens to Ameiko and Marten speak about the goblin attacks, and turns to her mentor.

"Shae, do you think we'll have to go out looking for those goblins? Ugh, I hate those little beasts, ever since the swallowtail festival they crashed."


HP 37/37 | AC 15/13/12 CMD 19 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Initiative +8
Skills:
Painting +7 Perception +12 Stealth +12
Favored Enemy Human +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

Looking at all the flaws in the last sketch he lets his eyes flow about looking for a new subject. Ameiko was moving about too much he glumly thought so his eyes went back to the bar. Haru. Her name is definitely Haru, is that a common name where she and mother were from? A rare name? And the elf, I don't see her much. Still talks more than me...

Craft (Art): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Lady with Tea, Lady with Knife he marks it, slightly more confidently than his last work. He made a mental note to observe more tails.


Female Kitsune Bard 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wi +3 | Init +3 | Perc +6 | Perform 14/14 | Spells 4/4 2/2 | DL 3/3 | Party Loot

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

Haru notices the artist's attention on her, and smiles at him, turning slightly to give him a better perspective on her profile. Shelyn grant him inspiration, she prays silently.

-Posted with Wayfinder


HP 37/37 | AC 15/13/12 CMD 19 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Initiative +8
Skills:
Painting +7 Perception +12 Stealth +12
Favored Enemy Human +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

I'm gonna accredit that to the reason this one is 12 points higher than the previous one :)

Beautiful woman smiling at him almost unnerved as much as people making eye contact with him, but when she turned to better present herself that immediately gave him a drive to focus on refining his study. Focused, but defintely not calm. Will she want to see it when I'm finished? I hope I don't disappoint her too much...


Male Bloodrager (primalist) 2 | hp 22 | AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 | Perc+7 | Fort+5, Ref+1, Will+2 | CMD+16| HP2 Bloodrager

Gryfs mod was truly soured with his brother being at the bar, they looked almost identical apart for their body times where Marten with lean, Gryf was bulky. Over hearing talk of Goblins he speaks up. "They should know their place." He says out loud as he drinks from his pint.

He then looks around the bar spotting a few unknowns, he spots the beautiful brunette woman making eye's at the strange nervous man sketching at the back.

Then spotting a girl that seemed to have a raven for a pet, she looked way too young to be in a place like this. Studying her a little more he could tell she was different, her golden eye's small horns and that tail. Could she be one of the circle? But that book doesn't seem like anything the circle would use. Getting lost in his own head as he started to stew in his anger moves over to the girl.

"My names Gryf. You seem a little young to be in a place like this?" He looks down at the book the girl was writing in not understanding any of it. "Bit of light reading?" He nods at her note book.


Female Rakshasa-Spawn Tiefling Arcanist 5 | HP 11/19 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | Ft +2 Rf +4 Wi +4 | Init +6 | Perc +4 (+6 if Xel within arm's reach)

"Well it would be light reading for an accomplished mage, but I'm sure a man like you would find it utterly riveting." Xel said between mouthfuls of his small meal, making no attempt to hide the sarcasm.

"Ignore Xel," Valeria said to the newcomer, "he's a pain in the ass for everyone." She looked the man over and assumed he was a mercenary or caravan guard, probably either looking for work dealing with the local goblin problem or hoping to get hired as additional security for a caravan. Not many other reasons for a skilled warrior to be sitting around in Sandpoint in these times.

"Not true; the mayor was quite happy to hear my suggestions for the Swallowtail Festival." The bird was showing his argumentative streak.

"Right up until you insisted that all the sideshow games be playable by avians and cited 'speciesist-discrimination' as the reason! Turns out; at least one person at those meetings knew how to make a raven-sized gag."


(RETIRED) Male Human Druid HP: 18/18 | AC: 19/13/16 CMD: 12 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +7 | Initiative: +3

As Marten looks around the bar, his stomach lurches when he sees a man that looks almost identical to himself. Gryf was built somewhat stockier than Marten, he always was the stronger brother.

Currently he was engaged in conversation with a young woman, a raven flutters around on her shoulder. He swallows the rest of his drink and takes a deep breath, their last meeting had not been a happy one.

Walking over, he coughs politely;

Morning, miss. I’m sorry to interrupt your conversation. Your raven is very impressive. He obviously possesses an intelligence beyond most of his kind, your familiar I take it? he says, smiling at the bird. My name is Marten Rivers. This is my brother and I haven’t seen him for a long time. he turns to his twin, offering his hand. You’re looking well Gryf, it’s really good to see you.


Male Bloodrager (primalist) 2 | hp 22 | AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 | Perc+7 | Fort+5, Ref+1, Will+2 | CMD+16| HP2 Bloodrager

Gryf frowns at the bird, and isn't surprised as it talks he'd seen plenty of animals talk but most had some respect. "I've had worse than a raven giving me a hard time, while they were a little more subtle." He looks down at the bird. "You can make more friends if you dropped the sarcasm my feathered friend, i only wished to speak to your master. Before he can continue he spots Marten making his move.

He half heartedly smiles. "Marten." He nods, shaking his brothers hand. "It's been awhile, i can't say i'm surprised to see you here. In town on the circles businesses? Or have you finally decided to see more of this world." He holds back from saying anything else, he had thought of his meeting ever since he left. Thought of all the things he would say, but seeing his brother again brought back a warm feeling a feeling of home.


(RETIRED) Male Human Druid HP: 18/18 | AC: 19/13/16 CMD: 12 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +7 | Initiative: +3

Marten hears the hidden barb in his brothers words.

I have seen much of Varisia since you left, brother. On the morning of my 21st birthday I began the Spirit Walk.

I rose at dawn and began to walk toward the rising sun, not to turn back for a year and a day. Mother always wanted us to take the Walk together, there are some sights I would have loved to have shared with you.

And what of you? I heard you took a caravan north and with all the talk of goblins I feared yours may have come under attack. In truth, I hoped you were coming home. he adds quietly.

He sees a table free up beside the tall human he spotted earlier and close to Madame Koya, a lady he smiles at warmly and waves

Will you share a drink with me brother and tell me of your travels, perhaps introduce me to your friend? he says, offering a smile to the young woman beside them.


The Last Thing Goblins Never See | Jade Regent Portrait
Haru wrote:
"Shae, do you think we'll have to go out looking for those goblins? Ugh, I hate those little beasts, ever since the swallowtail festival they crashed."

Shalelu sighs and looks over at Haru. "Knowing how slowly Magnimar tends to respond to these things, it's quite likely."

She peeks over Haru's shoulder at the stranger in the corner with the sketchbook before smirking at Haru. "Looks like you have an admirer."


The Charming Caravaneer

Sandru gives Gryf a polite wave as he enters and is about to approach him for a conversation, but Marten beats him to it. Sensing the awkward tension brewing between them, he cringes and sits back in his seat.


Male Bloodrager (primalist) 2 | hp 22 | AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 | Perc+7 | Fort+5, Ref+1, Will+2 | CMD+16| HP2 Bloodrager

"The spirit walk was always for those more enlighten to nature, i was always seen as more of a brute than one of the spirits." He says coldly as all the memories are brought back, but then sighs. "I'm glad you took your Spirit Walk brother." He smiles slightly at the thought of his mother.

"She always planned for us to take the Walk together the stories she would tell us when she took hers... I always dreamed of us returning after it as men." Looking away he realises how so much has changed. "On our 21st birthday i was to the far north with the Caravan on my own walk, there's things you couldn't imagine maybe we could see them together as mother would have wanted it." Feeling his mind get muddyed with old memories he brings himself back into the present.

"We saw no sightings of Goblins on the way home, it seems they were the lucky ones to not try us." He smiles thinking of the fight they could have had. "Marten this is not my home anymore, it's a place i once lived but... I can't go back there. You have to understand I'm here and i'm looking for my next job, let's enjoy our time together again but i don't see myself staying long." Following Marten he nods at Sandru but grimaces at Koya. "Let's drink like old times, though nothing here is a strong as the old firewater." He pauses for a second as he thinks of the young woman. "I didn't catch your name, thought her Raven is called Xel, He reminds me of the protectors that old bear."

Speaking with his brother again it all felt so familiar, they spent every waking moment together before he left. "Let us flow through the land like a river. May we bend to the will of nature and always strive for balance." He was reminded of the saying mother would have them repeat.


(RETIRED) Male Human Druid HP: 18/18 | AC: 19/13/16 CMD: 12 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +7 | Initiative: +3

It is said there are great creatures that dwell in the deserts to the south. The Elders say they are called elephaunts and they roam thousands of miles every year. Though eventually they always return to the very plains where they were born.

This will always be your home, Gryf. And it's where you'll always belong.

He orders more drinks for them and the young lady and waits for her to introduce herself.


Female Kitsune Bard 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wi +3 | Init +3 | Perc +6 | Perform 14/14 | Spells 4/4 2/2 | DL 3/3 | Party Loot
GM_Shalelu Andosana wrote:

She peeks over Haru's shoulder at the stranger in the corner with the sketchbook before smirking at Haru. "Looks like you have an admirer."

"Oh Um..." Haru blushes, "I suppose, though I think he's been looking at you a lot too... not that I blame him."


HP 37/37 | AC 15/13/12 CMD 19 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Initiative +8
Skills:
Painting +7 Perception +12 Stealth +12
Favored Enemy Human +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

Ruh roh...

And I'd say it's a 60/40 split between Haru/Shalelu.

Finishing his drawing of the two female bar-patrons he sits back and ponders over it. There were always corrections and improvements to be made to any work, but any alterations made at this point in this hectic atmosphere would simply muddle the finished piece. ... Wait, they know I was drawing them... Should I show it to them? Give it to them? Tear it up? I hope I didn't make them angry.

Gingerly picking up the drawing and letting the loose graphite slide off into a jar he will approach Haru and Shalelu at the bar. "My apologies, but I got caught up in my drawing and didn't ask either of your permissions beforehand." His voice is low and light, someone not accustomed to talking often, if ever. "I'll dispose of it if you wish." he hesitantly says as he raises the picture up for them to see.


The Last Thing Goblins Never See | Jade Regent Portrait

Shalelu arches an eyebrow at Friday as he speaks. "Well, may I see mine?" She holds her hand out.


HP 37/37 | AC 15/13/12 CMD 19 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Initiative +8
Skills:
Painting +7 Perception +12 Stealth +12
Favored Enemy Human +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

It was a single large sketch of them both...

Friday turns slightly so she can see the whole sketch before handing it to her. After looking it over it is quite obvious he spent more time on Haru than , which is not to say the Shalelu part does not look good, there is just only so much you can do with a back profile.


The Last Thing Goblins Never See | Jade Regent Portrait

Shalelu looks over the drawing. "Hmm. Haru, what do you think?"


A Beautiful Bardess Beyond Compare

Ameiko sidles up to the bar where Valeria, Gryf & Marten are conversing. "Hey, I don't know if Bethana got your orders or not--did you guys order anything?"


Female Kitsune Bard 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wi +3 | Init +3 | Perc +6 | Perform 14/14 | Spells 4/4 2/2 | DL 3/3 | Party Loot

"The grace of Shelyn shines through your artwork, good sir," Haru says politely, and takes a long sip of her tea.


Female Rakshasa-Spawn Tiefling Arcanist 5 | HP 11/19 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | Ft +2 Rf +4 Wi +4 | Init +6 | Perc +4 (+6 if Xel within arm's reach)

"Hardly think a bear would need protecting," Xel remarked quietly as he got back to his meal.

"Name's Valeria. And, yeah; Xel's my familiar. Had him for years and not a day goes by where he doesn't tempt someone to strangle him. Be glad you weren't in here last week."

"I just made an innocuous comment," Xel protested, "I merely voiced the rumour that Macrallic was sexually tilted in favour of sleeping with the dead. I didn't start the rumour, I merely voiced it."

"To his face, right to his face when he was with his four biggest mates. Next thing you're out the window leaving me to face the music."


HP 37/37 | AC 15/13/12 CMD 19 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Initiative +8
Skills:
Painting +7 Perception +12 Stealth +12
Favored Enemy Human +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

Friday bows at the compliment. "Creating art is easier when you have lovely inspirations..." he starts but then immediately turns and heads back to the table to gather his things.

Coming back he catches the tail end of Valeria's comversation with her familiar. "They didn't hurt you did they?" although still low and unused his voice is much more firm.


(RETIRED) Male Human Druid HP: 18/18 | AC: 19/13/16 CMD: 12 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +7 | Initiative: +3

Well met, Valeria. And you, Xel. Are you from these parts? I don't come into town that much, a few times a season is all.

Valeria wrote:
Xel's my familiar. Had him for years and not a day goes by where he doesn't tempt someone to strangle him.

I've learned that there is wonder in all facets of nature, you just need to know where to look. He seems wholly remarkable to me.

Turning back to his brother for a moment, Marten says;

So will you come back to the Circle with me Gryf? Just to see the Elders. You left with hardly a word and I know they would be glad to see you and interested to hear how well your studies have been progressing beyond their guidance.


Female Rakshasa-Spawn Tiefling Arcanist 5 | HP 11/19 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | Ft +2 Rf +4 Wi +4 | Init +6 | Perc +4 (+6 if Xel within arm's reach)

Valeria was surprised by the newcomer's question. "No, they got close, but Ameiko threatened to black-list them from the Dragon. And Mikul in the corner over there owed me a favour." she gave a small wave to a particularly large and cheery-looking half-orc in the far corner.

She turned back to the druid-looking fellow. "Yeah, I'm a local girl. Think I've seen you in town before, once or twice."


HP 37/37 | AC 15/13/12 CMD 19 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Initiative +8
Skills:
Painting +7 Perception +12 Stealth +12
Favored Enemy Human +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

At Valeria's response Daud's eyes slide close for a miment as he lets a deep exhalation escape through his nostrils. Relief. His mind obviously having raced foolhardily towards the worst he gives her a slight nod.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
A Beautiful Bardess Beyond Compare
Valeria wrote:
"No, they got close, but Ameiko threatened to black-list them from the Dragon. And Mikul in the corner over there owed me a favour."

Ameiko shrugs. "Hey, my tavern, my rules." She gives Xel a dirty look. "Although you'd think he'd learn to keep his beak shut after the hundredth time that sort of thing happens..."

Before too long, a tall, bald, dark-skinned man clad in well-polished chain mail enters the Rusty Dragon, bearing a hammer, some nails and a sheaf of parchment. Most of the patrons look up at him as he strides in, some out of curiosity but most out of surprise and respect.

Ameiko looks up at the new arrival. "Sheriff Hemlock?" She walks over to him and stops before him. "Can I help you with something?"

The Sheriff shakes his head. "I just need to put this notice up, if you wouldn't mind." He turns to a message board next to the Rusty Dragon's doors and starts hammering the sheaf of parchment to it.

*BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG*

"There." With that, the Sheriff turns and leaves the tavern.

The Sheriff's Paper:
To All Interested Parties

Goblin attacks have been on the rise in the past few months. Though no fatalities have been reported, several injuries have been sustained and several major cases of property damage have happened on the Lost Coast Road as a result.

Requests for additional reinforcements have been sent to Magnimar, but since the goblin ambushes have not yet affected Magnimar's trade revenue in any significant way, they are slow to send the necessary men to fix this problem.

As of the 5th of Gozran, I am officially reinstating the old bounty on goblin ears from five years ago. These goblin raids are becoming a major problem that must be dealt with as soon as possible. For more information, please contact Sheriff Hemlock at the Sandpoint Garrison on Main Street.

Sincerely,
Belor Hemlock, Sheriff of Sandpoint

When the sheriff leaves, several patrons start crowding around the message board to see what he put up.


HP 37/37 | AC 15/13/12 CMD 19 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Initiative +8
Skills:
Painting +7 Perception +12 Stealth +12
Favored Enemy Human +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

Peering over the others to look at the notice he merely shrugs. Work.


Female Kitsune Bard 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wi +3 | Init +3 | Perc +6 | Perform 14/14 | Spells 4/4 2/2 | DL 3/3 | Party Loot

"Figured that'd happen. Huh. Bounty on Goblin ears. I wonder if Goblins have a bounty on human ears?"

Haru looks around, thinking about who might be useful to bring along on a goblin hunt.


Female Rakshasa-Spawn Tiefling Arcanist 5 | HP 11/19 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | Ft +2 Rf +4 Wi +4 | Init +6 | Perc +4 (+6 if Xel within arm's reach)

Any reply Xel and Valeria could make was cut off by the Sheriff's arrival. And with how quickly the crowd grew around it, Valeria didn't bother to get up. "Xel, could you?" she asked the raven, who glared indignantly for a moment before taking off and used one of the more tolerant regulars as a perch to read the notice before flying back and relaying the message to the tiefling.

"Could be worth doing, I need the money and those goblins are getting dangerous."


HP 37/37 | AC 15/13/12 CMD 19 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Initiative +8
Skills:
Painting +7 Perception +12 Stealth +12
Favored Enemy Human +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

Hearing the interest in the girl's voices Daud eyes open slightly more than usual. l'll offer my assistance," he says as he turns to the them. "If either of you require it."


(RETIRED) Male Human Druid HP: 18/18 | AC: 19/13/16 CMD: 12 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +7 | Initiative: +3

Marten doesn't stand but with his keen eyes he can make out the most pertinent points from here.

Goblins encroach far beyond their territory, bringing fire with them most often. I've known of whole tracks of woods to be burnt to the ground just because of their love of flame.

Ordinarily I would volunteer. These goblins are a menace when uncontrolled, just like the wolves who stray into our encampment looking for new born babes to snatch. But things are going better with Gryf than I would have expected, that should be my focus


Male Bloodrager (primalist) 2 | hp 22 | AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 | Perc+7 | Fort+5, Ref+1, Will+2 | CMD+16| HP2 Bloodrager

Gryf clenches his fists and grinds his teeth as Martens true colours show. "I see why you're really here now, trying to reign me in for the circle i thought maybe we could start over but it seems we've just picked right up where it was all left off." The memories all flood back, how he felt betrayed by the friends he had and his brother. "I left without a word for a reason they wouldn't listen to me when mother was ill so why would i try again. My studies have stopped, i rejected everything they expect from me." The anger rises in him.

Hearing the commotion he doesn't get up but listens as everything begins to talk about it. Staring at his brother he spits out the words. "I'm going to kill some Goblins. I don't care what you want or want the circle wants. They would pray for some divine help not lifting a finger to help while these Goblins go about killing and burning their way to Sandpoint." Noticing Valeria still sitting with them he turns to her. "I'm sorry you had to see that Valeria."


Female Rakshasa-Spawn Tiefling Arcanist 5 | HP 11/19 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | Ft +2 Rf +4 Wi +4 | Init +6 | Perc +4 (+6 if Xel within arm's reach)

"Uh, it's fine; don't worry about it." she replied, not really sure what to do in this situation.


(RETIRED) Male Human Druid HP: 18/18 | AC: 19/13/16 CMD: 12 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +7 | Initiative: +3

Sensing that the lady is feeling awkward, Marten stands and raises both hands in a conciliatory manner.

You're upset, Gryf, I can see that. I'm sorry to have disturbed you. I don't think it's appropriate to discuss what happened here so I shall leave you to your drink. But please, before you pack up and leave again I'd like us to talk properly, and in private.

He stands and nods to the woman beside them, a slight apologetic smile on his face.

Valeria, Xel.

He then takes a seat back at the bar beside Koya and Shalelu, speaking to the old healer.

He is still very angry, Madame Nvashti. I thought the time would have healed that wound but I can see it is still raw.

He places his hand on hers.

It's good to see you though, it has been far too long since we last spoke. How have you been keeping?


Male Bloodrager (primalist) 2 | hp 22 | AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 | Perc+7 | Fort+5, Ref+1, Will+2 | CMD+16| HP2 Bloodrager

Gryf watches as Marten hands and leaves not saying a word. Always the better man.

Turning to Valaria, as he takes in some deep breaths . "That's my brother for you, always the nice guy. He could always get a raise out of me and nothing has changed, makes me seem like the bad guy. We have a lot of history. I'm sorry again for putting you in the middle of it." His anger subsiding now Marten has left. "It was very nice to meet you Valeria, but i had better take my leave i'm going to speak to the sheriff about this bounty." He smiles at the young girl, as he stands.

Looking over to the bar can can see Marten and Koya, shaking his head he stops by Sandru first. "Sandru, i just wanted to thank you again for the kindness you showed me and letting me join your caravan but i need something else i need to feel like im helping more people so im going to talk to the sheriff about the goblin bounty, and the company in here tonight is putting me off my drink." He nods to his friend and then begins to head for the door, stopping to thank Ameiko. "Thanks for the drinks Ameiko and sorry about my outburst there but i'll be leaving."

Gryf will leave and seek out the sheriff on his own if no one stops him or asks to come along.


Female Rakshasa-Spawn Tiefling Arcanist 5 | HP 11/19 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | Ft +2 Rf +4 Wi +4 | Init +6 | Perc +4 (+6 if Xel within arm's reach)

"Actually, if you're going to see Sheriff Hemlock, I might come with you; think I might try to deal with this goblin problem too." She stood up and moved to catch up to Gryf.

"Uh; can we take a vote on this?" Xel said, clearly not all that keen on fighting goblins.

"Sorry birdbrain, no dice."

And with that brilliant timing, I'm off to bed before I pass out in my computer chair. :P


Male Bloodrager (primalist) 2 | hp 22 | AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 | Perc+7 | Fort+5, Ref+1, Will+2 | CMD+16| HP2 Bloodrager

Gryf looks back. "It will be good to have a little magical help." He smiles at the Valeria. "Anyone else that wants to help out this town and make it safe to travel the lost coast road again should follow suit!" He shouts back into the bar.


Female Kitsune Bard 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wi +3 | Init +3 | Perc +6 | Perform 14/14 | Spells 4/4 2/2 | DL 3/3 | Party Loot

Haru shrugs at Shalelu. "Would be good practice, right? Alright, I'm in!"

This will show her how much I've learned! the young woman thinks.

Notice me, sempai!


HP 37/37 | AC 15/13/12 CMD 19 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Initiative +8
Skills:
Painting +7 Perception +12 Stealth +12
Favored Enemy Human +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

lol... Why do I have a sneaking suspicion Friday is gonna end up with Baka as a nickname?

As everyone else agrees Daud holds his hand with one finger up before retreating upstairs, returning less than a minute later with his spear and boots.


Female Kitsune Bard 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wi +3 | Init +3 | Perc +6 | Perform 14/14 | Spells 4/4 2/2 | DL 3/3 | Party Loot

Not in game, I'm NOT playing her as a manga stereotype.


HP 37/37 | AC 15/13/12 CMD 19 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Initiative +8
Skills:
Painting +7 Perception +12 Stealth +12
Favored Enemy Human +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

*snort* Sorry, couldn't resist :3

1 to 50 of 3,930 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Road to Minkai: Dragoncat's Jade Regent Gameplay Thread (Party 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.