Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Riftwardens

Game Master Nimon

In the Age of Destiny six brave warriors fought on the side of Nex against the Lich Geb in the epic war. They gave their lives for the survival of Nex, but indirectly caused the Mana Wastes. The descendants survived and were sheltered by the Rift


1 to 50 of 269 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

You have a strange memory of when you were young that you keep wondering about... Are they asleep? Good. Do you think they will ever fully recover? I know they are important because of their past, but can't they also be dangerous? Yes, of corse my lord, I, um, I didn't mean to sound like I was questioning you, its just...around them I feel strange. I will my lord, by your leave.

You remember hearing this conversation after you had all been feed and put to sleep by your first master of the Rift Warden orphanage. You were not orphans, but it was tradition in your family to participate in the Rift Warden orphanage every summer. You never heard who your master was talking too, but you remeber being frightened in your bed at the time and do not remeber why.

Anytime you ask your friends about it they remember it too, just as vaguly as you do. The masters at the orphanage used to reprimand you if you mentioned the story and how you pretended to be asleep.

You are older now, and ready to become full fledge members of the Rift Wardens.


Ok recruits, lets get this straight. Until now you have only read and heard about the horrors of the other worlds, well starting today you are going to come face to face with these things and it is my duty to make sure you are ready. The things from the gates won't hold back and neither will I. Ok, which one of you wants to be beaten first?

Roll initative, you Can Not delay this initative.


Male Ceuntaur Inquisitor(Spellbreaker)

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Nimble steps forward and gives a cocky smile. "I will volunteer first seeing how the others aren't brave enough. Though it is you that will be experiencing defeat sir." and with that he readies for combat. if weapons are allowed he will draw his longsword


Male Azlant Wizard (Universalist) 20

dotting


HP 22, AC 19 (T 19, FF 14), fort +6, refl +7, will +7, melee +5, ranged +5, CMB 7, CMD 26, init +7, perc +9 Azlanti human monk(Sensei, Quinggong, DM)/2

init 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Grand Lodge

Male Human Wizard / Level 2 (Universalist)

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


HP 22, AC 19 (T 19, FF 14), fort +6, refl +7, will +7, melee +5, ranged +5, CMB 7, CMD 26, init +7, perc +9 Azlanti human monk(Sensei, Quinggong, DM)/2

(my init should be 16 - I only added +4, and should be +6 as I took a trait that added +2, which I didn't know I'd be using when I made the die roll)


Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


{HP 4/8 | AC12 FF10 T12 CMD12 | F+2 R+2 W+1 | Inish +2 SM-1 Per-1}

Inish: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Kimiko is ready and steps forward. You have done well class, lets see how much you remember. 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 is your sense motive 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 is his bluff/fient manuver.

Goulfvrim makes a quick move as if to draw the longsword at his back, but instead rips a very flexable blade from around his waist and strikes you with it.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 to hit(you loose dex)
Assuming that hits your ac - dex, damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Slashing damage from Urumi 1d6 ⇒ 6 sneak attack

You must be ready for anything, beings from the great beyond are vile and cunning he looks disappointed and motions one of his aides to take you away and heal you.

Ander, you seem ready. I tell you what, I will let you go first. Step up and engage me. You can cast a spell, but you are in melee range so must make concentration check to avoid AoO.


HP 22, AC 19 (T 19, FF 14), fort +6, refl +7, will +7, melee +5, ranged +5, CMB 7, CMD 26, init +7, perc +9 Azlanti human monk(Sensei, Quinggong, DM)/2

Kimiko is still conscious after the attack, though not by a lot... she limps away with the aides grumbling not about the unfairness of it, for in truth if she'd gotten the jump on him, she wouldn't have held back either, just grumbling about having made such a poor account of herself.

I WILL do better next time. I really need a drink...

Grand Lodge

Male Human Wizard / Level 2 (Universalist)

Ahah my dear teacher, as bright as day as usual eh? Shall I memorize our happy meeting with extra feelings... since I am totally bursting out of my skin? and gives a touch at his teacher with shocking flash with a joyful smile as his hand trust forward

Concentration Check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Shocking Grasp1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Goulfvrim takes the shock with a Grimace. Well Done, now stay on your feet He says as he makes a triping manuver(with improved trip so no AoO)

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 CMB which is probably not over your CMD.

Very Good. You pass the test. He hands you a scroll of a lvl 1 spell that you do not yet have in your spell book.

Inish Step Forward He says still wearing a sinister smile.


HP 22, AC 19 (T 19, FF 14), fort +6, refl +7, will +7, melee +5, ranged +5, CMB 7, CMD 26, init +7, perc +9 Azlanti human monk(Sensei, Quinggong, DM)/2

cool! someone passed! who is Inish?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Wizard / Level 2 (Universalist)

hm... I will take Enlarge Person as the scroll spell


{HP 4/8 | AC12 FF10 T12 CMD12 | F+2 R+2 W+1 | Inish +2 SM-1 Per-1}

Going through, I think it's me. I would be next initiative wise, and I do tend to say Inish over Initiative (even in RL, lol). If not, feel free to point and laugh.

Meria steps up next for her test. "And what will you have me do?"


Sorry I read inish, guess was a cleaver spelling of initative. Meria was the one I intended

You have a special friend inside of you, but there are times when you will need to fight with out them. Attack me and land a solid blow without the aid of your friend and I will grant you a small gift.

Goulfvrim takes a defensive stance.


{HP 4/8 | AC12 FF10 T12 CMD12 | F+2 R+2 W+1 | Inish +2 SM-1 Per-1}

Meria draws her whip, smiling as she does, and in a wild swing tries to bring it against her teacher.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22; Damage (if needed): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5; Inner Eidolon: 1d100 ⇒ 80

I've called it Inish for like a decade or more, lol. Habit to spell it that way when typing.


HP 22, AC 19 (T 19, FF 14), fort +6, refl +7, will +7, melee +5, ranged +5, CMB 7, CMD 26, init +7, perc +9 Azlanti human monk(Sensei, Quinggong, DM)/2

awww... everyone gets a free shot but me... :( I guess someone had to be the example of what happens if you miss... still...


Ya I had to make it challenging for Kimiko, I knew you could land an attack, but fient manuver I had a chance.And it does do the storyline justice and your teacher justice if hes not being pushed around the room.

Meria attacks and lands a solid hit, unable to control her ancient friend, a very large Eidolon appears only to Meria and damages Goulvfrim severly. you have 20% chance so 80+ is an awakening. Unless you wanted 20-, but I normaly go with higher is better for percent

I know you can not control your ancient birthright so I will not make a big deal about it. I hope he continues to serve you.

He hands you scroll of lesser Eidolon Rejuvenation.

Goulfvrim casts a cure serious wounds on himself

Ok Nimble, your next step forward.


HP 22, AC 19 (T 19, FF 14), fort +6, refl +7, will +7, melee +5, ranged +5, CMB 7, CMD 26, init +7, perc +9 Azlanti human monk(Sensei, Quinggong, DM)/2

no problems, I'm just whining because I can lol... it's all good in the name of rp


{HP 4/8 | AC12 FF10 T12 CMD12 | F+2 R+2 W+1 | Inish +2 SM-1 Per-1}

Meria accepts the scroll, even as she offers apology, "I apologize for the summons, I will do better to control it in the future, teacher. And thank you for the scroll." She turns while Nimble takes his turn.


Male Ceuntaur Inquisitor(Spellbreaker)

Nimble steps up and cracks his neck. "Now its time for you to meet a real challenge."


An inquisitor must have a keen mind, your companions will depend on your ability to identify rare creatures and track down enemies. So to you I pose a riddle

" Ripped from my mother's womb, Beaten and burned, I become a blood-thirsty slayer, What am I? "


Male Ceuntaur Inquisitor(Spellbreaker)

Nimble pauses to search his memories.

Knowledge checks:

Know Arcana:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Know History:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Know Nature:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Know Planes:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Know Religion:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Nimble Hint from knowledge checks:
It is beaten and burned as part of a process.


Male Ceuntaur Inquisitor(Spellbreaker)

He looks slightly confused by the riddle but then shrugs and gives his answer. "Are you a tiefling?"

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

No Mrs Long tail, I am Iron Ore, ripped from mother earth and forged into a blade.

Brakkart step forward


The young, dark skinned priest steps forwards, offering the trainer a slight bow of the head.


Brakkart, as a cleric your friends depends on you for your insight into the world of religion and the divine. I have a simple question for you Goulfvrim holds up a holy symbol If you came upon travelers bearing this mark whom would they represent?

Knowledge Religion DC 16


Brakkart leans in, to take a closer look at the symbol.

Knowledge(religion) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Brakkart almost says something else, then says That is an ancient symbol for Aroden the fallen.

Correct, and though Aroden may have fallen, they are still a God. Many people in the forgotten corners of the world still belive in them. Cultists like these can be the most dangerous, for in their desperations may turn to false Gods and abominatons of the outter planes,even with the purest of intent. We wardens have kept a close eye on such activities and have chronicled them in this ledger. I give you a copy that it may serve you.

Goulfvrim hands Brakkart a tome of cults in Golarion. +2 circumstance to Knowledge Religion/Planes/Arcana when dealing with cultists things related to them

So be it, ready or not I have nothing more to teach you. Gather your things and meet master Gyasi in the main hall tommorow morning.

Everyone recieves 1 hero point. Rules for them are in the APG

Those who failed the test recieve 1 extra hero points-Nimble and Kimiko
Failure is a powerful motivator and teacher, one learns more from this than success


HP 22, AC 19 (T 19, FF 14), fort +6, refl +7, will +7, melee +5, ranged +5, CMB 7, CMD 26, init +7, perc +9 Azlanti human monk(Sensei, Quinggong, DM)/2

Kimiko gladly accepts any assistance that is offered towards healing and hopefully someone will relay the orders for tomorrow morning to her.

As such, she rests up that night and engages the others in conversation, asking how the rest of the trials went, since hers was first and she was led away afterwards and missed the remainder. While she isn't very charismatic, she is still interested and engaged in what her companions are capable of.

I hope to show better in actual combat than in the trial. I do not want to let my master or my companions down.

After a night of rest and a hearty breakfast, she will meet in the main hall as ordered.

unless something else happens during the night, in which case, we'll go with whatever happens

GM:
You awarded 2 hero points to those of us who failed the challenge, but max hero points are 3 at any one time and since we started with 2, we lose the extra 1 anyway, is that correct?

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Good Point Kimiko, I will increase the Hero Point cap to 4 since this is a new rule I am trying out. I was surprised no one used them for this Portion. Use em or loose em if you are maxed after this.


"My test was certainly less painful than yours," Brakkart admits to Kimiko at her questioning, "I was simply asked to identify a holy symbol; and it isn't too difficult to recognise the winged eye of Aroden when you live in the city he founded. Still, it earned me this book on various strange cults who might have fallen under the sway of malevolent outsiders... should be a good read."


HP 22, AC 19 (T 19, FF 14), fort +6, refl +7, will +7, melee +5, ranged +5, CMB 7, CMD 26, init +7, perc +9 Azlanti human monk(Sensei, Quinggong, DM)/2

To Brakkart, Kimiko smiles and nods, examining the book for a moment. "That should indeed prove to be good reading, and informative. Good job on passing your test! I hope whatever tests us next ends up being something we can handle with equal ease. Or even greater in my case. I'm afraid I didn't make a great account of myself back there. I know I can do better."


Male Human

Appologies I had finals and court this week

When you sleep you all have another vivid dream.

You are all looking into a crystal ball inside a large tent. The crystal is giving you directions and you speak to it in a voice that is not your own. You think you hear yourself call it Nex

In the morning you all meet in a large room. Master Gyasi greets you, he is a new assistant to Goulfvrim and a bit pompous, but a very devout follower of Nethys.

Good morning newest wardens. Our organization is growing and this is good, there are many ignorant of the evils of the other worlds and who need our protection. On that note there is something that needs looking into locally. Absolam is home to many magic users, and some of them are not very wise. Recently in an attempt to open the Spire of Nex a Gate was opened just outside the spire. Some speculate this could be a trap set by the old wizard, or possibly a magical mishap. I need you to go and investigate it and report your findings back when you are finished. Any questions?


HP 22, AC 19 (T 19, FF 14), fort +6, refl +7, will +7, melee +5, ranged +5, CMB 7, CMD 26, init +7, perc +9 Azlanti human monk(Sensei, Quinggong, DM)/2

"Investigate? How far? Just examine it and make sure nothing has come through? Or are we expected to go through and see where it is coming from? What if it's only one way - a trap as you said? I'm sorry for the questions but we ARE new at this, despite our intense training. Also, do we have access to any specialized gear before we go?"

Kimiko looks at Gyasi with her head cocked to one side slightly in a questioning manner.

I hope he doesn't think these are stupid questions, but this IS our first mission.


Male Human

Do not enter the gate for any reason. So far nothing has come out of the gate that we know, but our information is limited so this is why we are sending you. Collect as much information on the gate as possible. As far as specialized gear, you should have all you need.If you have coin the quatermaster will sell you anything you would like

All gear from Core and APG avalible at the quatermaster


HP 22, AC 19 (T 19, FF 14), fort +6, refl +7, will +7, melee +5, ranged +5, CMB 7, CMD 26, init +7, perc +9 Azlanti human monk(Sensei, Quinggong, DM)/2

"Thank you, sir."

Kimiko does head to the quartermaster's and picks up a bound empty volume, much like a wizard's spellbook but smaller, something good for taking notes, making any drawings or sketches necessary to make a proper report after the mission. anything she can afford on that order for 11gp or less?

This should be enough for me.

Once finished, she will let her companions know she is ready to visit the Spire and see this gate.


{HP 4/8 | AC12 FF10 T12 CMD12 | F+2 R+2 W+1 | Inish +2 SM-1 Per-1}

"It will be done, master." Meria will pack her belongings when dismissed, having no questions of her own. "What could I ask? We have no information at present, and can only learn what able on our own."

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Assuming everyone has what they need and are ready yo go

You arrive outside the Spire of Nex late in the afternoon. You can see the gate from here, it is large and black, but pulsating with bright energy at times. You are about 300' away from the Gate, and there are some corpses of humans in robes under the gate.


{HP 4/8 | AC12 FF10 T12 CMD12 | F+2 R+2 W+1 | Inish +2 SM-1 Per-1}

Meria will begin by casting Detect Magic, checking to see if any magical auras can be felt this far out (only 60' range, but figure it's worth a shot). Also do the corpses appear fresh, or like anyone we may know?

"I could try to summon a creature as we approach the rift, but I'm leary of doing so without further information."

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

From here the corpses do not look familar

Meria:
This gate looks like something from a personal demiplane


HP 22, AC 19 (T 19, FF 14), fort +6, refl +7, will +7, melee +5, ranged +5, CMB 7, CMD 26, init +7, perc +9 Azlanti human monk(Sensei, Quinggong, DM)/2

I know we're still a good ways off, but do the robes look at all familiar, like from around here, maybe?

knowledge local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

nvm, probably have no idea with that roll

Grand Lodge

Male Human Wizard / Level 2 (Universalist)

Will go with some knowledge rolls hoping to reveal something

Ander moves a little bit closer while taking a look at the Gate and dead humans and pondering himself if able to recognize any of them

KN: Spellcraft & Planes 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 & 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


"We can't delay too long," Brakkart insists, moving towards the gate, "some of them may still be alive."

Knowledge(Religion) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 (17 if the robes are uniforms of a cult, or something along those lines.)
Knowledge(Planes) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 (10 if the robes are uniforms of a cult, or something along those lines.)


{HP 4/8 | AC12 FF10 T12 CMD12 | F+2 R+2 W+1 | Inish +2 SM-1 Per-1}

"And if whatever effect has done this to them is still in effect, we may be rushing to our own deaths. That's a portal to a personal demi-plane." Despite her warnings, she does hasten her own step, though following Brakkart, not risking taking the lead.


HP 22, AC 19 (T 19, FF 14), fort +6, refl +7, will +7, melee +5, ranged +5, CMB 7, CMD 26, init +7, perc +9 Azlanti human monk(Sensei, Quinggong, DM)/2

Kimiko stays with the group, though she's unschooled in such things as planes and demi-planes, it sounds bad and she stays on the lookout for trouble.

"Hopefully not to our deaths... but I think we must get closer to learn about this thing. We don't even know yet if the robed dead are from our world or another. Perhaps they came through the portal and died, unable to survive here? Then again, perhaps they died protecting our world from something from the portal."

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Ander:
You can confirm that it is indeed a Demiplane portal. Nothing else you can get at this distance

Brakkart:
As you approach and get about 100' away you do notice some patterns on the robes of the men as that of a cult of worshipers of a shadow demon that is rumored to be in the sewers of Absolam.

1 to 50 of 269 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Rift Wardens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.