The Return of Myth Drannor: Gestalt, Faerunian Homebrew(ish)

Game Master Thackery Baxter J Thorington


Current Map
A group of unknown heroes undertake an epic quest to restore Myth Drannor!


151 to 200 of 581 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Moon Elf Magus (kensai) 1/slayer (stygian slayer) 1/gestalt 1 [HP: 10, Perc: +6, Init: +5, AC: 16 (T:14, F:12), Saves (F:+2, R:+5, W:+2)(+2 vs enchantments)][Immune:Sleep][Low-light vision] [Special Abilities: Arcane Pool +1 6/day, Studied Target +1][Melee elven leafblade +5 (1d4+1/18-20)][Spells Prepared - 0th: daze (DC 15), flare (DC 15), 1st: color spray (DC 16), shocking grasp]

Round 8

The smoke beginning to billow and pool around the ceiling above Herrnarrell and the others, the heat rising throughout the building, and the commotion downstairs all lead Herrnarrell to one conclusion: Someone wanted a bunch of people dead tonight. It's just their misfortune that I'm here tonight. But this orc is still standing! Herrnarell huffs in annoyance and lunges once more at the back of the dazed orc's head, aiming specifically for the beast's spinal column.

Move back into melee range. Standard attack the orc.

1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 24 Critical Threat
1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 19 Confirm Critical
1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6 Damage
1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6 Critical Damage

Watching the orc drop heavily to the floor, Herrnarrell considers briefly searching the orc for items or coin and then realizes with a start that his own bag remains in his room. Damn.

4/10 rounds remaining for +1/+1 Arcane Pool bonus. Also, the dice really wanted this orc dead. Maximum damage!


Female Naiad Arrowsong Minstrel Bard / Seeker Oracle of the Waves 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 17 / T 15 / FF 13 | CMB 2 / CMD 16 | Fort +1 / Ref +7 / Will +5 (+4 vs sonic & language dependent effects)| Initiative +4 | Low-light vision | Perception +6/+7 to find traps | Active Effects: None
Scene at the Inn wrote:
The innkeeper looks at her for a moment, hiding the motion as a mere reaction to the curtains that suddenly explode into flames, and the meaning is clear: Run.

Nivian is stunned, and unsure of what to do. She looks around for someone that she might be able to help, or get to safety, without getting killed herself.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

I take it from this that it seems pointless to attack the man--like certain death, right? Is there anyone that it looks like she could save, or are there important things that she knows are stored somewhere inside that she should recover?


Nivian wrote:
Scene at the Inn wrote:
The innkeeper looks at her for a moment, hiding the motion as a mere reaction to the curtains that suddenly explode into flames, and the meaning is clear: Run.

Nivian is stunned, and unsure of what to do. She looks around for someone that she might be able to help, or get to safety, without getting killed herself.

[dice=Perception]1d20+6

I take it from this that it seems pointless to attack the man--like certain death, right? Is there anyone that it looks like she could save, or are there important things that she knows are stored somewhere inside that she should recover?

She doesn't. really. The orcs and brigands are occupied attacking the barmaids. A few patrons litter the floor. But, none she recognizes. If she attacks, she definitely runs the risk of attracting attention.


Female Naiad Arrowsong Minstrel Bard / Seeker Oracle of the Waves 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 17 / T 15 / FF 13 | CMB 2 / CMD 16 | Fort +1 / Ref +7 / Will +5 (+4 vs sonic & language dependent effects)| Initiative +4 | Low-light vision | Perception +6/+7 to find traps | Active Effects: None

Okay... well... She's not going to just stand there. She starts into the room, spamming Stabilize on anyone lying on the ground, and starts dragging the first person that she finds that is still alive out of harm's way into the courtyard. If she gets killed, she gets killed, but she can't just stand by.

If she still gets the +15 to sneak in and save people instead of just sneaking by, then this is her roll:

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 15 = 26

However, even if she doesn't get the bonus, she still does it.


Top of Round 8

initiative:

orcs: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Nivian: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Pero: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sarissa: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Nehama: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Herrnarrell: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Henris: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Iym: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 always acts in surprise

The smoke beginning to billow and pool around the ceiling above Herrnarrell and the others, the heat rising throughout the building, and the commotion downstairs all lead Herrnarrell to one conclusion: Someone wanted a bunch of people dead tonight. It's just their misfortune that I'm here tonight. But this orc is still standing! Herrnarell huffs in annoyance and lunges once more at the back of the dazed orc's head, aiming specifically for the beast's spinal column.

The orc twitches,and Herrnarrell can almost feel the brute's shock as his blade cleaning severs its spinal column and bursts from the savage's maw. It dances for a moment on the elf's blade, jerking this way and that, not quite willing to admit that it's dead. Then, the orc sighs and slips clean from the blade to the floor, its threat ended.

Watching the orc drop heavily to the floor, Herrnarrell considers briefly searching the orc for items or coin and then realizes with a start that his own bag remains in his room. Damn.

At the other end of the hall, Sarissa appraises Iym of their plight. "Orcs have attacked and made it up the stairs. I don't know what's going on down stairs yet, but they caught us unaware. We need to help the others as quickly as we can. Shouts of fire have rung out so we must be quick before it is too late. There are a few others in the halls. We should meet up with them, can you move okay?"

She curses herself for being rash and leaving her belongings in her room. She should have taken the time to gather them. Now, she'll have to go back for the sword at least. Jerr-Dann would not forgive her if she lost it, especially so soon.

She blushes as she looks at Iym. "It would seem in my haste, I left most of my belongings in my room. I'm afraid I can't leave without them. Let me escort you to the others before I retrieve them."

His reply is cut momentarily short by a roar of hire shaking the building. Whatever magic protected this place is fast fading, and the flames are finding the aged and alcohol-soaked timbers perfect fuel for their fury!!

Elsewhere, Henris, too heeds Nehama's shout of fire. He grabs up his pack and the rest of his weapons, hurriedly strapping his scabbard about his waist, balancing it with the cold iron morningstar. Once he has everything gathered up, he prepares to head for the exit, and the relative safety beyond.

In the common room, Nivian's heart melts at the plight of those fighting and dying inside. She cannot let those in need fall when she could do so much! If she has learned anything from her legends of Myth Drannor, she has learned that much! The City of Love was renowned across Faerun for its compassion and mercy! She slinks into the room and runs a hand across the forehead of the first living body she finds. Elrohir! His head had been hidden by his cloak and and overturned table, but he was unmistakable! Glowing light flows down her hand like water, and pools into the gold elf's body, staunching his flowing blood and sparing him from entering the abode of the Seldarine too soon. She hears a floorboard creak, and turns, to see a giant of an orc with falchion raised high to strike her down, but an explosion rocks the inn, and the brute is knocked off his feet. When he regains himself, he shakes his head slashing at the billowing smoke, vainly trying to cut at her. His blind strikes take him further into the common room, away from her and safety.
Next round she can pull; him to safety

Bottom of Round 8. Iym (yay), Nehama, and Pero UP. I'll let rounds continue for a bit to get you guys your stuff.. and decide to do anything tactical. Then, I'll stop combat

effects:

The smoke gives a +15 stealth bonus to leave.
Also, it's thick enough that it confers a 20% miss chance on attacks
Both orcs is at negative hit points.
Sarissa: Shield AC 23 for .. awhile
Nivian: gravity bow for 4/10 rounds
Inpsire courage on .. everyone in range


hp 7/7 | AC 11, T11, F10 | CMD 10 | F -1, R +3, W +5 | Init +2 (always acts in surprise) | Low-light Vision; Perc +4

Iym nodded to Sarissa. They couldn't have much time and there could still be people sleeping. He started for the stairs, but checking every room as he passed by. If he found anyone, he would stop to rouse them to the danger.

All the while, he continued to play.


HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +2, R +6, W +4 | Init +5 | Range +6, Melee +3; Perception +8 Elf Cleric Ranger

Moves to the fallen orc in her room, checking him for any signs of a message, or a letter.
Perc: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
If she finds or notices anything of note, or value, she makes a note of it, or takes it. Afterwards, she goes outside her room packed, and tries to gather those left, so they all exit from the same place, hopefully hiding their numbers. She would point out a room that was close enough to them all, and then suggest " We all leave out the same window. Maybe there are some we can reach from the front door, but the stairs are too risky."


Gold Elf Fighter/Sorcerer 2 | HP = 17/17 | AC 11 | CMD 17 | F+3 | R+1 | W+3 | Per +4 | Ini +1 Shadow Status

Round 8

He nods to Herrnarrell, "My thanks. These brutes are no pushover when their blood is up. While Ive not much that I brig on the road, it's all I have and I will retrieve it and return here!"

Pero races around the corner to his room and grabs his backpack which he luckily did not bother to unpack, he ignores the dead orc in his room and races back out, longsword still in hand.

"Shall we exit by window or by stairs?"

Based on the map it looks like Herrnarrell killed the last two Orcs that were threatening he and Pero. So my post is based on that.


Bottom of Round 8

Initiative:

orcs: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Nivian: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Pero: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sarissa: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Nehama: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Herrnarrell: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Henris: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Iym: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 always acts in surprise

Nehama checks the corpse, and only finds a toothed maw circled by a snake carved into the orc's chest. Afterwards, she goes outside her room packed, and tries to gather those left, so they all exit from the same place, hopefully hiding their numbers. She points to the window at the end of the hall, it's close enough to them all, and then suggests: "We all leave out the same window. Maybe there are some we can reach from the front door, but the stairs are too risky."

Iym's harp continues to play, thankfully the noise from downstairs and the roar of the fire obscure his inspiring song a few feet from him. However, it can be heard upstairs and soon, doors burst open. Some hold elves, bleeding and tired, but victorious. Others reveal orcs or humans, covered in blood, eyes burning with savage fury. They're quickly cut down from behind, and more guests, laden with their possessions pile out of the rooms. The small number of survivors speaks volumes of the success of the orcs' attack.

Further down the hall, Pero nods to Herrnarrell, "My thanks. These brutes are no pushover when their blood is up. While Ive not much that I brig on the road, it's all I have and I will retrieve it and return here!"

Pero races around the corner to his room and grabs his backpack which he luckily did not bother to unpack, he ignores the dead orc in his room and races back out, longsword still in hand.

"Shall we exit by window or by stairs?"

He can hear the sound of fighting drawing closer to the stairs.

Leaving by window requires a DC 15 climb check. You're about 20' up... so that's 1 or 2 checks (or none if you want to do some tumble action). Leaving by stairs will, no doubt, require fighting and some stealthy goodness. You have a +15 to stealth checks because of the smoke and general chaos of the situation. That will go away if you start fighting. The smoke affords a 20% miss chance (both ways). Some of you are SERIOUSLY hurt. Nivian is downstairs trying to grab survivors (not that anyone upstairs knows this), and has found Elohir. She has also found a very scary and intimidating black-armored figure who is probably someone with whom one does not mess.

End of round 8. Start Round 9. OK, Everyone up, since there aren't any more baddies to worry about at the moment.

effects:

The smoke gives a +15 stealth bonus to leave.
Also, it's thick enough that it confers a 20% miss chance on attacks
Both orcs is at negative hit points.
Sarissa: Shield AC 23 for .. awhile
Nivian: gravity bow for 4/10 rounds
Inpsire courage on .. everyone in range


Gold Elf Fighter/Sorcerer 2 | HP = 17/17 | AC 11 | CMD 17 | F+3 | R+1 | W+3 | Per +4 | Ini +1 Shadow Status

I have 50' of rope and a grappling hook, what does that bring the Climb DC down to?


Female Naiad Arrowsong Minstrel Bard / Seeker Oracle of the Waves 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 17 / T 15 / FF 13 | CMB 2 / CMD 16 | Fort +1 / Ref +7 / Will +5 (+4 vs sonic & language dependent effects)| Initiative +4 | Low-light vision | Perception +6/+7 to find traps | Active Effects: None

Nivian drags Elohir to safety.


Male Moon Elf Magus (kensai) 1/slayer (stygian slayer) 1/gestalt 1 [HP: 10, Perc: +6, Init: +5, AC: 16 (T:14, F:12), Saves (F:+2, R:+5, W:+2)(+2 vs enchantments)][Immune:Sleep][Low-light vision] [Special Abilities: Arcane Pool +1 6/day, Studied Target +1][Melee elven leafblade +5 (1d4+1/18-20)][Spells Prepared - 0th: daze (DC 15), flare (DC 15), 1st: color spray (DC 16), shocking grasp]

Round 9

Herrnarrell has a reply on his lips before Pero even finishes the question, "Window. The fire started downstairs and has been going for a little while already. No telling if there's even a way out down there." With that, Herrnarrell runs back to his room, telling Pero to go first since he's already got his belongings, sweeping a couple of stray items back into his bag before tossing it out of the window.

Move action to go back to his room. Standard action to grab his backpack from the ground and toss it out the window ahead of himself.

3/10 rounds remaining for +1/+1 Arcane Pool bonus.


Pero Elond - Starym wrote:
I have 50' of rope and a grappling hook, what does that bring the Climb DC down to?

It'd give a +5 to the climb roll


HP 9/10 AC 17, Touch 14, Flatfooted 13, CMD 16, Saves F +3, R +6, W +5; Perception +9 (+12 when possessed), Sense Motive +7; Init +4 | Status: Normal

Returning Iym's nod, Sarrissa darted away and back down the hallway towards her room. Somewhat relieved and disgusted at seeing the dead orc still lying on the floor where it had fallen, she paused for a moment to glance around the room before proceeding too far in. She was starting to remember some of her training now that blades weren't trying to cut her in half. Jerr-Dann may be proud of her yet.

Double move back to room to retrieve gear.


Male Half-Elf Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1/Fighter 1 | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +4, R +5, W +4; +2 vs enchantments; +1 vs fear; Immune Sleep | Init +2 | low-light vision; Perception +5 Bardic Performance 10/10 |
Spells/Day:
1st - 3/3

Henris nods. "The window seems the best bet in case the fire has spread to the stairs. Let's go." Henris sheathes his sword as he moves to the window and opens it.

Move action to get to the window, another to open it.


Gold Elf Fighter/Sorcerer 2 | HP = 17/17 | AC 11 | CMD 17 | F+3 | R+1 | W+3 | Per +4 | Ini +1 Shadow Status

Round 9

Pero heads for the closest window, "This way, I've a rope".

Hoping everyone up here has heard him, Pero rushes to the closest window and begins to tie the grappling hook to the silk rope and secures it on something that looks sturdy. he then tosses the rope out the window for those trapped up here with him to climb down.

I believe that is all he can do for the round.


Male Moon Elf Magus (kensai) 1/slayer (stygian slayer) 1/gestalt 1 [HP: 10, Perc: +6, Init: +5, AC: 16 (T:14, F:12), Saves (F:+2, R:+5, W:+2)(+2 vs enchantments)][Immune:Sleep][Low-light vision] [Special Abilities: Arcane Pool +1 6/day, Studied Target +1][Melee elven leafblade +5 (1d4+1/18-20)][Spells Prepared - 0th: daze (DC 15), flare (DC 15), 1st: color spray (DC 16), shocking grasp]
Henris Flynn wrote:
Move action to get to the window, another to open it.

From the placement on the maps, I think the orcs came through the window. I was assuming it was still open.


Male Half-Elf Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1/Fighter 1 | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +4, R +5, W +4; +2 vs enchantments; +1 vs fear; Immune Sleep | Init +2 | low-light vision; Perception +5 Bardic Performance 10/10 |
Spells/Day:
1st - 3/3

I thought we were all in the hallway, so we needed to open one of those. If not, then I'll just delay until Pero gets the rope tied off and Climb down.

Climb, grappling hook + rope: 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 5 = 22


HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +2, R +6, W +4 | Init +5 | Range +6, Melee +3; Perception +8 Elf Cleric Ranger

Nods, and darts down the rope as fast as she can, once those ahead of her clear it and it was secure. She tries her best to not fall flat on her ass, and would try to help sooth any wounds that remained.
going down the rope: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
She then murmurs a prayer, and sends out a small surge of healing energy.
channel positive: 1d6 ⇒ 2


hp 7/7 | AC 11, T11, F10 | CMD 10 | F -1, R +3, W +5 | Init +2 (always acts in surprise) | Low-light Vision; Perc +4

Iym kept playing, switching to a faster tempo and adding volume to draw out anyone who might be lost in the smoke.

"This way to the windows!" he called out as he started for Pero's window.


Round 9

initiative:

orcs: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Nivian: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Pero: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sarissa: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Nehama: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Herrnarrell: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Henris: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Iym: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 always acts in surprise

Nivian grips Elohir under his shoulders. The elf is deceptively heavy, and it takes all of her strength, but she drags the unconscious elf free from the table. The heat from the fire is unbearable, it eats at her strength as greedily as the flames devour the wood. Smoke burns her lungs and sting her watering eyes. Her vision becomes blurred and she's virtually blind. The only cue she has for direction is the cold draft of the front door, and the torrent of smoke billowing past her. On instinct, she knows that if she follows the path the smoke takes, she will find outside. Finally, she drags Elohir into the cold of the night, puling him back and free. Then, she sees the staff and patrons rush past her, funneling out. Some carry swords, others longbows. Others wiled table legs like makeshift clubs. All are covered in soot and blood, their sweat running disturbingly clean tracks through both down their faces. All grimly stare at the Halfway Inn and raise their weapons with determination.

Above, Herrnarrell has a reply on his lips before Pero even finishes the question, "Window. The fire started downstairs and has been going for a little while already. No telling if there's even a way out down there." With that, Herrnarrell runs back to his room, telling Pero to go first since he's already got his belongings, sweeping a couple of stray items back into his bag before tossing it out of the window.

Pero heads for the closest window, "This way, I've a rope". Iym seconds the call, trying to sweep as many of the guests in his call as he can. All the while, his song carries through the smoke and roar of the flames, inspiring some, calming others. It reminds everyone that they are elves, and they do not fall! They have seen horrors and tragedies in their long life upon Faerun than any other. They have erected the greatest kingdoms the world has ever seen; pinnacles of beauty, magic, and art. Theirs have been the peaks of civilization. And, they have seen each tossed away by betrayal, savagery, and the whims of fate. They are elves, and they know loss. But, they are a proud and determined people, and they will not succumb to despair now!

Returning Iym's nod, Sarrissa darts away and back down the hallway towards her room. Somewhat relieved and disgusted at seeing the dead orc still lying on the floor where it had fallen, she pauses for a moment to glance around the room before proceeding too far in. She's starting to remember some of her training now that blades aren't trying to cut her in half. Jerr-Dann may be proud of her yet. She gathers her things, emboldened by Iym's song.

Hoping everyone up here has heard him, Pero rushes to the closest window and begins to tie the grappling hook to the silk rope and secures it on something that looks sturdy. he then tosses the rope out the window for those trapped up here with him to climb down. With Henris' aid, the rope is quickly fastened and let down.

Henris, with a deft leap, quickly repels down the rope and drops the final feet to the ground below. He stands, waiting as Nehama approaches the window. First, she calls upon the Seldarine to fill her with life, and her wounds begin to mend. Then, throws her legs over the ledge, and makes her way down the rope. She's gravely wounded, though, and it's slow going for the priestess. The building creaks and is rocked by another blast of fire, and she nearly loses her grip on the rope. In the end, she's left dangling ten feet above the ground.

End round 9, start round 10. EVERYONE UP

I gave a bit more movement on the rope to Henris because he beat it by 5 more than he needed. and *shrug* i don;'t want to spend the entire week on the never-ending rope climb of doom! (btw cool idea for that!)

effects:

The smoke gives a +15 stealth bonus to leave.
Also, it's thick enough that it confers a 20% miss chance on attacks
Sarissa: Shield AC 23 for .. awhile
Nivian: gravity bow for 3/10 rounds
Inpsire courage on .. everyone in range


Male Moon Elf Magus (kensai) 1/slayer (stygian slayer) 1/gestalt 1 [HP: 10, Perc: +6, Init: +5, AC: 16 (T:14, F:12), Saves (F:+2, R:+5, W:+2)(+2 vs enchantments)][Immune:Sleep][Low-light vision] [Special Abilities: Arcane Pool +1 6/day, Studied Target +1][Melee elven leafblade +5 (1d4+1/18-20)][Spells Prepared - 0th: daze (DC 15), flare (DC 15), 1st: color spray (DC 16), shocking grasp]

Round 10

Herrnarrell takes a small step back to give himself a little bit of room to pick up speed, he dives out the window after his bag and turns his fall into a roll, neatly coming up on his feet with his dagger at the ready.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Move is five foot step back. 2nd move to run and jump through the window and a tumble to soften the landing.
2/10 rounds remaining for +1/+1 Arcane Pool bonus.


Female Naiad Arrowsong Minstrel Bard / Seeker Oracle of the Waves 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 17 / T 15 / FF 13 | CMB 2 / CMD 16 | Fort +1 / Ref +7 / Will +5 (+4 vs sonic & language dependent effects)| Initiative +4 | Low-light vision | Perception +6/+7 to find traps | Active Effects: None

Nivian casts Cure Light Wounds on Elohir, hoping to heal him enough that he will be mobile enough to escape.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Gold Elf Fighter/Sorcerer 2 | HP = 17/17 | AC 11 | CMD 17 | F+3 | R+1 | W+3 | Per +4 | Ini +1 Shadow Status

Round 10

Once the others are down, Pero will climb down the rope.

Climb 1d29 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Once down, ensuring there are no others, he will do his best to unhook the grapple and save it and the rope from a fiery doom.

Acrobatics? 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Male Half-Elf Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1/Fighter 1 | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +4, R +5, W +4; +2 vs enchantments; +1 vs fear; Immune Sleep | Init +2 | low-light vision; Perception +5 Bardic Performance 10/10 |
Spells/Day:
1st - 3/3

Henris moves clear of the rope to make room for the others, and draws out his sword, keeping an eye out for more orcs.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +2, R +6, W +4 | Init +5 | Range +6, Melee +3; Perception +8 Elf Cleric Ranger

Looks about, and nodding ask " Who else are we missing? Does everyone have their stuff?" She tries to count everyone, but seems to lose some in the smoke and flames.


HP 9/10 AC 17, Touch 14, Flatfooted 13, CMD 16, Saves F +3, R +6, W +5; Perception +9 (+12 when possessed), Sense Motive +7; Init +4 | Status: Normal

With new found hope in her heart, Sarrissa darted for the corner of her room. She grabbed her pack and quickly slung it over her shoulder, briefly glad that she had been too tired to unpack. Then she grabbed her curved blade and turned towards the bed.

She could still hear Iym's song echoing through the halls and she was glad. It meant that he was still alive, and if he was still alive, others would be too. She thought about running to find the others and trying to leave with them, but she didn't know where they went and it would take time to find them, valuable time that she didn't have. She would have to meet them outside, hopefully they made it outside already.

She glanced at the bed, and then turned to look at the window. Suddenly, an idea occurred to her and she knew what she had to do.


hp 7/7 | AC 11, T11, F10 | CMD 10 | F -1, R +3, W +5 | Init +2 (always acts in surprise) | Low-light Vision; Perc +4

With all the vulnerable People seen to, Iym made his own way down the rope.

Acro: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Oh dear.


Gold Elf Fighter/Sorcerer 2 | HP = 17/17 | AC 11 | CMD 17 | F+3 | R+1 | W+3 | Per +4 | Ini +1 Shadow Status

Iym, you should have another +5 to the check with the rope :-)


hp 7/7 | AC 11, T11, F10 | CMD 10 | F -1, R +3, W +5 | Init +2 (always acts in surprise) | Low-light Vision; Perc +4
Pero Elond - Starym wrote:
Iym, you should have another +5 to the check with the rope :-)

He's never going to be the hopeless poor rolling failure bot I want to kill in a month with that attitude! Fine, 14 it is. :)


If it helps, he still failed, but not by much?


Round 10

initiative:

orcs: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Nivian: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Pero: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sarissa: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Nehama: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Herrnarrell: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Henris: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Iym: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 always acts in surprise

Herrnarrell takes a small step back to give himself a little bit of room to pick up speed, he dives out the window after his bag and turns his fall into a roll, neatly coming up on his feet with his dagger at the ready. He twirls through the air like a starling in flight and lands easily in a roll, safe and unharmed, coming to a stop beside Henris who quickly jumps out of the way. They spot Nivian near by. She speaks words of power and healing light flows down her hands like water. It flows into Elohir, knitting some of his wounds together. He gasps for air, looking around, wildly. He clutches his hand to his chest, and then breathes a great sigh of relief.

Back in her room, Sarissa ponders her next course. With new found hope in her heart, Sarrissa darts for the corner of her room. She grabs her pack and quickly slings it over her shoulder, briefly glad that she had been too tired to unpack. Then she grabs her curved blade and turns towards the bed.

She can still hear Iym's song echoing through the halls and she is glad. It means that he is still alive, and if he is still alive, others will be too. She thinks about running to find the others and trying to leave with them, but she doesn't know where they went and it will take time to find them, valuable time that she doesn't have. She will have to meet them outside, hopefully they made it outside already.

She glances at the bed, and then turns to look at the window. Suddenly, an idea occurs to her and she knows what she has to do.

Pero and Nehama stay atop to make sure everyone gets down the rope safely.

I'll resolve Pero when Nahama and sarissa get down. But, *spoiler* he got down safely

End of round 10 start Round 11 everyone UP


Gold Elf Fighter/Sorcerer 2 | HP = 17/17 | AC 11 | CMD 17 | F+3 | R+1 | W+3 | Per +4 | Ini +1 Shadow Status

Round 10 - If Iym starts to slip, anything Pero can do to aid him?


Male Moon Elf Magus (kensai) 1/slayer (stygian slayer) 1/gestalt 1 [HP: 10, Perc: +6, Init: +5, AC: 16 (T:14, F:12), Saves (F:+2, R:+5, W:+2)(+2 vs enchantments)][Immune:Sleep][Low-light vision] [Special Abilities: Arcane Pool +1 6/day, Studied Target +1][Melee elven leafblade +5 (1d4+1/18-20)][Spells Prepared - 0th: daze (DC 15), flare (DC 15), 1st: color spray (DC 16), shocking grasp]

Round 11

Seeing Nivian heal Elohir, Herrnarrell rushes over and starts attempting to gather information, "You're wounded and I know that you would rather rest at the moment, but I need information before we rush inside and find ourselves dead. What is in there, how many are there? Nivian, I assume you pulled him out, did you see anything that would help us fight back?"

1/10 rounds remaining for +1/+1 Arcane Pool bonus. 5/day bonuses remaining.


HP 9/10 AC 17, Touch 14, Flatfooted 13, CMD 16, Saves F +3, R +6, W +5; Perception +9 (+12 when possessed), Sense Motive +7; Init +4 | Status: Normal

Knowing that the longer the act took, the less likely she was to actually go through with it spurred Sarrissa forward recklessly. She slung the sheathed blade over her shoulder opposite the pack and with her newly freed hand, she grabbed the heavy blanket still on the bed. Trying not to think about it, she turned and ran straight for the window, slinging the blanket around her like a cloak as she ran. She could almost hear the lecture now.

Acrobatics diving through window: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Acrobatics to lessen fall damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Using the blanket to shield her from the glass and her spear out in front of her to pierce the window, Sarrissa dove through the window and out into the night air.


Female Naiad Arrowsong Minstrel Bard / Seeker Oracle of the Waves 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 17 / T 15 / FF 13 | CMB 2 / CMD 16 | Fort +1 / Ref +7 / Will +5 (+4 vs sonic & language dependent effects)| Initiative +4 | Low-light vision | Perception +6/+7 to find traps | Active Effects: None

Nivian glances up at whoever is trying to talk to her, but doesn't speak until she is sure that Elohir is going to be okay.

I hate to say it, because I want to do something about it too, but honestly, there are too many in there for the few of us to fight, and it is a deathtrap to run back in there. I barely got Elohir out without getting killed myself. Unless you have several big, strong friends with lots of magic, I wouldn't... but if you choose to, I wish you well.

I suppose they have to come out of the burning building at some point... if you really want to fight, that might be the best chance, to catch them as they come out? Unless someone has enough magic to save the building and disperse the smoke. We could use the water from the well, but... with them still in there to set it again, not sure it would do much good.

Her thoughts are disjointed as she struggles to make sense of the situation or come up with an idea about what to do about it.


HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +2, R +6, W +4 | Init +5 | Range +6, Melee +3; Perception +8 Elf Cleric Ranger

Waits until she was positive she was the last one, then she starts to make her way down the rope, not as careful as she should, but they needed to get gone, and get gone now.
Climb to get down: 1d20 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 5 = 11
Not sure if that makes it but I'm going to do it twice to reach the bottom
Finishing the climb down if possible: 1d20 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 5 = 23


Pero Elond - Starym wrote:
Round 10 - If Iym starts to slip, anything Pero can do to aid him?

[ooc]Sure. You can Aid Another by stabilizing the rope for him. roll a DC 10 climb check (because you're using a skill to Aid Another) or a DC 15 Str check (because you're trying to hold down the rope). success means you give him the normal aid another bonus to his roll.


Gold Elf Fighter/Sorcerer 2 | HP = 17/17 | AC 11 | CMD 17 | F+3 | R+1 | W+3 | Per +4 | Ini +1 Shadow Status

Round 10

Pero grins at Nehama, "Ladies first, I insist, plus, tis my rope..."

Seeing some of his allies struggle, Pero tries to steady the rope.

Climb Aid Another 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

---

Round 11

Pero looks at Nivian and shrugs, "Perhaps an ambush as they exit then? I have a hard time standing by when my friends Inn is burnt to the ground by these vile creatures... Did you see Myrrin downstairs Nivian?"


Female Naiad Arrowsong Minstrel Bard / Seeker Oracle of the Waves 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 17 / T 15 / FF 13 | CMB 2 / CMD 16 | Fort +1 / Ref +7 / Will +5 (+4 vs sonic & language dependent effects)| Initiative +4 | Low-light vision | Perception +6/+7 to find traps | Active Effects: None

I wish we could save them too. I did go in and try, but I was choking trying to get out. ... Yes, I did see Myrrin. Dying in the hands of some giant man in back plate armor with a black cloak, trying to find someone... no idea who. Myrrin told me to run... but I couldn't just leave. There were many others in there, orcs and elves, fighting and dying.

Is there anyone else to help? If we could find more people we could fight and put out the fire maybe, but On the orc I killed there was a mark... a toothed maw encircled by a snake. Does that mean anything? Does someone have a spell to clear out the smoke or something? I want to do something... to help... but I have no idea what we can do.

Nivian sounds a little panicky, but then she visibly calms, and starts singing. She's thought of something to do, however small.

Inspire Courage: +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.


Iym? updating tomorrow night


hp 7/7 | AC 11, T11, F10 | CMD 10 | F -1, R +3, W +5 | Init +2 (always acts in surprise) | Low-light Vision; Perc +4
Dragonofashandflame wrote:
Iym? updating tomorrow night

With Pero's help, Iym safely descended the rope.

"My thanks...and Nivian is right. We should set an ambush for them as they come out."


Gold Elf Fighter/Sorcerer 2 | HP = 17/17 | AC 11 | CMD 17 | F+3 | R+1 | W+3 | Per +4 | Ini +1 Shadow Status

Round 11

Pero's blood is clearly up when he hears that his longtime friend and proprietor of the Inn has been slain, still he is an elf, not a hot headed human, "An ambush with our bows at the ready. Let us cut their numbers down from afar..."

Is there a good spot for an ambush nearby DM? If so, let's move to it!


now that everyone's out of the inn, i'll stop rounds for a bit
Upstairs, Sarissa contemplates her escape. Knowing that the longer the act takes, the less likely she is to actually go through with it spurs Sarrissa forward recklessly. She slings the sheathed blade over her shoulder opposite the pack and with her newly freed hand, she grabs the heavy blanket still on the bed. Trying not to think about it, she turns and runs straight for the window, slinging the blanket around her like a cloak as she runs. She can almost hear the lecture now.

Using the blanket to shield her from the glass and her spear out in front of her to pierce the window, Sarrissa dives through the window and out into the night air. She lands on the ground, safe, amidst a rain of glass shards. She pauses, waiting to see if she was spotted, but so far, no one spots her.

Iym comes to a landing near the front door, followed by Nehama and Pero moments later.

Seeing Nivian heal Elohir, Herrnarrell rushes over and starts attempting to gather information, "You're wounded and I know that you would rather rest at the moment, but I need information before we rush inside and find ourselves dead. What is in there, how many are there? Nivian, I assume you pulled him out, did you see anything that would help us fight back?"

Nivian replies, in a panicky voice. "I wish we could save them too. I did go in and try, but I was choking trying to get out. ... Yes, I did see Myrrin. Dying in the hands of some giant man in back plate armor with a black cloak, trying to find someone... no idea who. Myrrin told me to run... but I couldn't just leave. There were many others in there, orcs and elves, fighting and dying.

Is there anyone else to help? If we could find more people we could fight and put out the fire maybe, but On the orc I killed there was a mark... a toothed maw encircled by a snake. Does that mean anything? Does someone have a spell to clear out the smoke or something? I want to do something... to help... but I have no idea what we can do."

As Nivian finishes speaking, she visibly calms, and starts singing. She's thought of something to do, however small.

"I will tell you what I know. But, later. For now, we need to focus on our lives, and the danger inside. The dark knight commands them all. He... to face him is to die." Elohir grips his longsword and turns to face the doors. "He slew my companions. Every one of them with a single stroke." His lip curls in a snarl and raises it, ready to strike. "Plan the attack, and I'll fight to avenge them."

As Iym lands, he dusts himself off. "My thanks...and Nivian is right. We should set an ambush for them as they come out."

Pero's blood is clearly up when he hears that his longtime friend and proprietor of the Inn has been slain, still he is an elf, not a hot headed human, "An ambush with our bows at the ready. Let us cut their numbers down from afar..."

"The kitchen has a rear exist to the well, we can use that to attack the kitchen. Or, we could slip in and hide in the stairs and attack from there. The smoke will make it hard, though."


Male Half-Elf Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1/Fighter 1 | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +4, R +5, W +4; +2 vs enchantments; +1 vs fear; Immune Sleep | Init +2 | low-light vision; Perception +5 Bardic Performance 10/10 |
Spells/Day:
1st - 3/3

Looking at the others who had leapt out of the house, ”If we’re going to ambush them, we’ll need a clear line of retreat - especially if this dark knight is as deadly as you say. Is there somewhere sheltered we can retreat to nearby?”


Male Moon Elf Magus (kensai) 1/slayer (stygian slayer) 1/gestalt 1 [HP: 10, Perc: +6, Init: +5, AC: 16 (T:14, F:12), Saves (F:+2, R:+5, W:+2)(+2 vs enchantments)][Immune:Sleep][Low-light vision] [Special Abilities: Arcane Pool +1 6/day, Studied Target +1][Melee elven leafblade +5 (1d4+1/18-20)][Spells Prepared - 0th: daze (DC 15), flare (DC 15), 1st: color spray (DC 16), shocking grasp]

Herrnarrell considers the information about the attackers and comes to one conclusion, "Elohir, how good were your companions in a fight? Before we throw our lives away in a doomed attempt at revenge, I want to know if this fight is even remotely winnable."


hp 7/7 | AC 11, T11, F10 | CMD 10 | F -1, R +3, W +5 | Init +2 (always acts in surprise) | Low-light Vision; Perc +4

"I'm not much for arms, but I have Art for our ambush," Iym said.


HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 16 | F +2, R +6, W +4 | Init +5 | Range +6, Melee +3; Perception +8 Elf Cleric Ranger

Says a prayer among those gathered, and heals them again from her channel. She was unable to add anything more, as she was not sure how well the others could fight. Well enough to survive though...

Channel pos: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Elohir sighs as Nehama's faith flows into him, and heals more of his wounds we were not good enough to face him. But.. We have seen our fair share of troubles, and lived to tell the tale. We were a battle-hardened band. Each having survived encounters with drow and dragons alike. My comrades did not fall easily."

Henris looks inside the inn quickly. The stairs offer a quick way out. But, they run the risk of being cornered to either ascend, putting them back where they started, or pushed back out the doors, with the brutes on their tail. Going in through the kitchens will no doubt be a hard-fought battle, but it does afford them an exit, until the Dark Knight orders his minions to cover it. Then, the travelers will be trapped inside the burning inn, surrounded by foes.


Male Half-Elf Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1/Fighter 1 | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +4, R +5, W +4; +2 vs enchantments; +1 vs fear; Immune Sleep | Init +2 | low-light vision; Perception +5 Bardic Performance 10/10 |
Spells/Day:
1st - 3/3

Shaking his head, Henris says, "I don't think we can risk going back in there right now. We could be trapped in the inn, this time without the option of escaping an upper window. If we're going to set an ambush, we need to do it from outside, to catch the orcs as they exit the building."

Looking at Elohir, he says, "And we'll need to be able to run away quickly, given how competent these foes are."

151 to 200 of 581 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Retaking Myth Drannor: Homebrew (ish) Gestalt Campaign in Forgotten Realms All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.