Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign

Game Master GM Red

Currently: The Solstice Scar

Initiative:

[dice=D]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Gallix]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Mr P]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Uesugi]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Cup]1d20+5[/dice


4,701 to 4,750 of 4,851 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>

Longjing the 'Dragon' | Male Mascot Parrot Familiar | HP 22/22 | AC 20* (23) T 14 FF 18* (21) | CMD 8 | F +1 R +7 W +7 | Init +2 | Per +14 SM +2 | Speed 40ft flight | Active Conditions: Delusion that it is a dragon, Mage Armor, Lucky Number 19

Yes, reapply Lucky Number! And put it in your header!

Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 19

"Rawwwwk! My mighty steed and I can handle anything! Those orcs on the front line have never faced a mighty dragon!"

The mighty dragon swallows a piece of fruit in its tiny beak, and then flaps over to land Uesugi's head once more, preening his feathers.

We'll do ALL the fights. Let's just pick one and GO!

Dark Archive

149000-10 | "Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 6 | HP 44/45 | AC 18, T 13, FF 16 | CMD 14 | F +5 R +8 W +6 | Init +5 | Per +13, SM +19 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Lucky Number 8, +1 Kn. Engineering
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50

"Front line it is, then!" Cup mounts her dog. "Let's go!"

Since we've been traveling outdoors, I'm assuming that Uesugi has his mount as well.

Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Dark Archive

M, lucky # 10 [Kineticist 6] HP: 57/57 (6 temp HP, continuously between fights), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+10, Ref+10, Will+4, Init +6, speed 30ft, Perception +8, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

Lucky #: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 6 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 57/57| Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/3 | Challenge 1/2 | Conditions:+1 Diplomacy; Lucky #2
Wands:
Enlarge: 43 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Yurei check!

Sorry got in late from school. How far are these orcs from us? Uesugi would be firing arrows as they move towards us. I'm assuming that all these encounters are going to happen simultaneously?

"D., Spirit and Mr. Peppers guard the caravan and deal with the archers. Little Dragon, Madame Poshkettle, the Barbarian and I will will break their line then cut down the leader."

lucky number: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Dark Archive

149000-10 | "Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 6 | HP 44/45 | AC 18, T 13, FF 16 | CMD 14 | F +5 R +8 W +6 | Init +5 | Per +13, SM +19 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Lucky Number 8, +1 Kn. Engineering
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50

No, the encounters have different maps. So we do them one at a time as a team, but we can keep rolling through them 'cause we're the Red Arm! Let's just do the Front Line first, then Leaders, then the next ones.

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 6 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 57/57| Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/3 | Challenge 1/2 | Conditions:+1 Diplomacy; Lucky #2
Wands:
Enlarge: 43 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Tsk tsk charging orcs and we get to choose which battle. Alrighty. Front line it is.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 6 HP: 22/38 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+4 R:+6 W:+6 Perception +13, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 3/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 0/3, Arcana: 5/12) Effects: Endure Elements, Mounted, Lucky#6

Sounds like it doesn't matter all that much which we do first then? Whatever is fine with me, I'll apply the mage armor wandage and lucky# and considering we've been traveling on horses I'll have mount prepared and a spell slot used and mounted.

From atop his magical steed the tall, dark and impressive Elf pulls a wand and activates it on himself before spurring his horse towards the front of the caravan "Lets assess this situation quickly before we're drowning in orcs!"

Lucky#: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Sovereign Court

Blighted Path Maps | DTBP Loot | Solstice Scar

Thanks Hmm. Today was insane/10, but here I am!

A mass of orcs and their monstrous allies charges down the foothills. Remnants of an ancient dwarven outpost provide cover and an obstacle in their path; it is the most defensible position from which to confront the enemy vanguard.

Three giant ogres paired with feral hounds accompany a mystical-looking orc as they charge down the hill, weapons in hand while they shout battlecries.

"Death to the pinkskins!"

Initiative:

Blue dog: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Yellow dog: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Black dog: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Blue ogre: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Black ogre: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
REd ogre: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Mystic: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
D: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Gallix: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Mr P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Uesugi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Cup: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Sirettis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Longjing: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Take them Head on! (bold is up): Mr. Peppers, Sirettis, Sir D, Black Ogre, Gallix, Cup, Yellow Dog, Uesugi, Blue Dog, Black Dog, Red Ogre, Blue Ogre, Mystical Orc, Longjing

Knowledge Local for the ogres and mystic, Knowledge Arcana for the dogs

Dark Archive

M, lucky # 10 [Kineticist 6] HP: 57/57 (6 temp HP, continuously between fights), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+10, Ref+10, Will+4, Init +6, speed 30ft, Perception +8, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

Ka-me-ha...
Whoops, wrong battle cry. ^^

Tch..

D. gathers power and shoots a sand bullet at the orc mystic.
Sand bullet, overflow, burn bonus: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 1 = 25 Dmg, overflow: 3d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 6, 5) + 8 = 23

+50% and 2 burn bonus dmg, 36 dmg coming his way.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 6/6 | Flight 3/6 | HP 32/32 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 7 | Saves 2/4/6 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/5/4/3 | GM Reroll +1 | Sense Motive +11 | Lucky Number 14 |

Ka...me..ha..me...HA! Sounds good to me!

"My apologies, Mister Peppers..." Sirettis skirts forth and calls upon the winds to unleash a Lightning Bolt through the dogs and the ogre.

The bolt deals 6d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 3, 4, 2, 2) = 18 electric damage as it rips through. Reflex DC 18 to halve the damage.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 6 HP 53/53 | AC 17, Touch 12, Flatfooted 14, CMD 21* | Saves F+8, R+8, W+3 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +4; Init +2 | Lucky#10 | Status: Normal

Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Gallix takes a long draw on his cigarette as the red smoke curls around his head. He leans his head to the left and right, letting out a blistering series of cracks and pops as his joints loosen to fit his increased musculature. "Let's do this thing!"

MCestus, mutagen: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 = 20 Damage, mutagen: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 14

Attack goes at the nearest dog unless the black ogre moves up to attack the party, in which case Gallix goes after him. Please move Gallix accordingly if I haven't done so myself after the ogre goes.

Grand Lodge

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 6 HP: 22/38 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+4 R:+6 W:+6 Perception +13, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 3/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 0/3, Arcana: 5/12) Effects: Endure Elements, Mounted, Lucky#6

K:Local Ogre: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
K:Local Mystic: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
K:Arcana: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Spell/elemental resistances, physical resistances, special attacks

Mr Peppers smile grows in size as he sees the horde of orcs and ogres approaching, especially when he sees just how close together they are. His smile quivers a bit as he hears the tell tale verbal components and glass rod wrapped in fur Calm yourself, its only Sirettis calling the wind to her fingertips!

He relaxes a bit and pulls a small ball from his inner cloak pocket, rolling it between his fingers into a perfect sphere he then releases it. For a moment it hovers in mid air, until he points a long pale finger in the direction of the mass of attackers and utters one simple word "Boom."

The ball streaks forward and erupts into a explosion of heat and flames emanating out from a point in the middle of the mass of bodies, doing its best to scorch and burn all in its path. Plant, animal, dead, alive. It doesn't matter. All succumbs to its power.

Casting Fireball +1CL Arcana, Reflex DC18: Caster Check/Damage: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 267d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 3, 6, 1, 3, 3) = 26

Now they get to see my power!

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 6/6 | Flight 3/6 | HP 32/32 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 7 | Saves 2/4/6 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/5/4/3 | GM Reroll +1 | Sense Motive +11 | Lucky Number 14 |

Knowledge(Local) vs Ogre: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Knowledge(Local) vs Mystic: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Knowledge(Arcana) vs Rabid Dogs: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Sirettis is so excited to unleash the wind, she forgets to actually check the dogs.

Dark Archive

149000-10 | "Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 6 | HP 44/45 | AC 18, T 13, FF 16 | CMD 14 | F +5 R +8 W +6 | Init +5 | Per +13, SM +19 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Lucky Number 8, +1 Kn. Engineering
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50

Knowledge Local vs Ogre: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Knoweldge Local vs Mystic: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Knowledge Arcana vs Rabid Dogs: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Weaknesses/Vulnerabilities or anything Pep did not ask on the Mystic

Cup stares in amazement at Pep's fireball. "And I thought you lit up our lives..."

Sovereign Court

Blighted Path Maps | DTBP Loot | Solstice Scar

Reflex, Black ogre: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Reflex, Blue ogre: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Reflex, Red ogre: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Reflex, Yellow dog: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Reflex, mystic: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Reflex, lightning bolt, black dog: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Reflex, lightning bolt, yellow dog: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Reflex, lightning bolt, blue ogre: 1d20 ⇒ 6

More than half of the assailants are engulfed in searing hot flames as the elven wizard breaks his fireball cherry.

"Don't be intimidated by the pinksin's fire! Kill them all, for the glory of Gutrattle!" The mystic shouts, then takes a face full of sand from Sir D, knocking him out!

The blue ogre and yellow worg collapse into a heap as Sirettis' lightning bolt fries them.

You recognize the rabid dogs as Worgs, who lack any real defensive abilities or resistances but can trip when they bite. The ogres are your run-of-the-mill ogres, similarly lacking damage reduction and armed with greatclubs and javelins. The mystic is too dead to worry about.

The black ogre lumbers forward and takes a swing at Cup!
Greatclub: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 152d8 + 7 ⇒ (8, 7) + 7 = 22
Gallix runs up to the ogre to punch him in the face, and the massive beast clubs him opportunely. Gallix shrugs off the damage and knocks him out cold.
Greatclub AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 252d8 + 7 ⇒ (2, 4) + 7 = 13

Take them Head on! (bold is up): Mr. Peppers, Sirettis, Sir D, Gallix (-13), Cup, Uesugi, Blue Dog, Black Dog (-9), Red Ogre, Longjing

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 6 HP 53/53 | AC 17, Touch 12, Flatfooted 14, CMD 21* | Saves F+8, R+8, W+3 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +4; Init +2 | Lucky#10 | Status: Normal

Yes! So worth taking the AoO!

Gallix fistpumps as he fells the ogre who dared to strike as his sister. "You alright, Cup?" he asks, then turns back to face the unconscious beast. "Any chance this guy's gonna get back up again?"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M, lucky # 10 [Kineticist 6] HP: 57/57 (6 temp HP, continuously between fights), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+10, Ref+10, Will+4, Init +6, speed 30ft, Perception +8, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

A face full? Sir, you hurt my pride.
I needed but one bullet. :)

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
149000-10 | "Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 6 | HP 44/45 | AC 18, T 13, FF 16 | CMD 14 | F +5 R +8 W +6 | Init +5 | Per +13, SM +19 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Lucky Number 8, +1 Kn. Engineering
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50

Cup ducks the Ogre easily. "Yeah, I'm fine Gallix!"

♬ The ogres said 'Let's go clubbing tonight'
So Pep set their dance hall alight
And D joined in with an earthy beat
While Gallix gave the old one-two
So light on his feet
Yeah, the party is rocking, rocking
Sirettis's bolt was shocking
The Red Arm doesn't back off from a fight
Yeah, we've started the party off right ♬

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 6 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 57/57| Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/3 | Challenge 1/2 | Conditions:+1 Diplomacy; Lucky #2
Wands:
Enlarge: 43 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Uesugi moves Yurei forward and readies her to defend against the charging wolves. His bow drawn he sights the first wolf blackdog and looses two arrows its way.

long bow (comp+2)+ic: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 32
damage+ic: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 7

long bow (comp+2)+ic: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 13
damage+ic: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 12

Yurei Ready Attack+pa+ic: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 26
damage+ic: 1d4 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 12

confirmation: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 18
damage+ic: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 131d8 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 11

Sovereign Court

Blighted Path Maps | DTBP Loot | Solstice Scar

I have moved Uesugi in front of Sirettis because I assume that's what he meant to do!

Uesugi fires a shot at the mangy black worg! But his second shot flies wide. Yurei then stomps the charging mutt to death.

Bite: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 171d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
The blue worg charges at Gallix and gets a mouthful of air while the red ogre lumbers ahead, closing the distance.

Take them Head on! (bold is up): Mr. Peppers, Sirettis, Sir D, Gallix (-13), Cup, Uesugi, Blue Dog, Red Ogre, Longjing

The whole party is up! I wonder who's going to win this one... :P

Dark Archive

M, lucky # 10 [Kineticist 6] HP: 57/57 (6 temp HP, continuously between fights), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+10, Ref+10, Will+4, Init +6, speed 30ft, Perception +8, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

D. steps 5ft closer, and gathers power.

Accelerating the sand, it flies off towards the ogre.
Sand bullet, PBS, inspire, overflow, cover: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 - 4 = 27 Impact: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 6, 6) + 9 = 26

+50%, 2 burn bonus and 2 inspire, 43 dmg coming its way.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 6 HP: 22/38 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+4 R:+6 W:+6 Perception +13, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 3/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 0/3, Arcana: 5/12) Effects: Endure Elements, Mounted, Lucky#6

Mr Peppers shakes the dust off his cloak and wipes the smelly poo ball smell from his fingertips, letting the others finish things off. Gotta let the martials get their pound of flesh right? :P

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 6 HP 53/53 | AC 17, Touch 12, Flatfooted 14, CMD 21* | Saves F+8, R+8, W+3 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +4; Init +2 | Lucky#10 | Status: Normal

Gallix smiles as the remaining foes step up close. "Welcome to the end, my friends!" Without hesitation, he strikes twice at the ogre, then delivers his third blow to the worg as he steps between the beast and Sirettis.

Flurry, then a 5ft step to my current position; Brawler's Flurry, Mutagen, Outslug Style, Inspire Courage all in effect.
AC20 from Natural Armor and Outslug this turn.

Flurry MCestus, Mutagen, IC: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 33 Damage, Mutagen, Outslug, IC: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 16
Flurry MCestus, Mutagen, IC: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 18 Damage, Mutagen, Outslug, IC: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 19
CICestus, Mutagen, IC, Animal buff: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 32 Damage, Mutagen, Outslug, IC, Animal buff: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 19

Crit threat vs Ogre: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 14
Crit threat vs Worg: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 15 Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 19

Sovereign Court

Blighted Path Maps | DTBP Loot | Solstice Scar

And with Sir D and Gallix's combined attacks, both remaining foes go down, the battlefield now thoroughly decorated in rotting corpses and blood.

Combat over!

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 6 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 57/57| Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/3 | Challenge 1/2 | Conditions:+1 Diplomacy; Lucky #2
Wands:
Enlarge: 43 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

"Let us move before the orcs can fully reassemble. Mr. Peppers see if there is anything of use while we make our way to the caravan. They will no doubt refocus their efforts to attack the caravan now that they have drawn us away."

let's defend the caravan I'm going to expect the challenge will be testing the leaders so let's leave to last.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 6/6 | Flight 3/6 | HP 32/32 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 7 | Saves 2/4/6 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/5/4/3 | GM Reroll +1 | Sense Motive +11 | Lucky Number 14 |

"Mister Gallix, a moment to tend to your wounds."
Cure Light Wounds: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 2 = 11

"That will handle most of it. Now let us proceed to the caravan."

Sovereign Court

Blighted Path Maps | DTBP Loot | Solstice Scar

The most vulnerable part of the caravan travels near the base of a cliff where the sounds of ever-louder chanting echo from a shadowy cave. "Raiders! Get the water! Steal their food! Lay waste to the wagons! Waaaaaugh!"

Initiative:

D: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Gallix: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Peps: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Uesugi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Cup: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Sirettis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
LJ: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Yellow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Orange: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Pink: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

A green orc holding a bow rushes forward and lobs a sticky bag over the cliff at Uesugi.
Tanglefoot bag, 5 increments: 1d20 + 10 - 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 10 = 16
Reflex save DC 15 or become glued to the ground

Each cliff is 10 feet high and is climbable with a DC 10 Climb check

Knowledge Local DC 11, DC 15, DC 13 for all three forms of enemies here

Protect the Convoy (bold is up): Sirettis, Yellow, Sir D, Longjing, Mr. Peppers, Uesugi, Gallix, Pink, Raiders, Cup

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 6 HP: 22/38 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+4 R:+6 W:+6 Perception +13, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 3/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 0/3, Arcana: 5/12) Effects: Endure Elements, Mounted, Lucky#6

Mr Peppers nods his head towards the samurai, almost forgetting in his triumphant moment to look for those pretty pretty auras, his eyes go blue as he scans the fallen from the back of his horse. Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Oh hey there, more orcs!

K:Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
K:Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
K:Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

"I can't quite see the last one... Anyone else?"

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 6/6 | Flight 3/6 | HP 32/32 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 7 | Saves 2/4/6 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/5/4/3 | GM Reroll +1 | Sense Motive +11 | Lucky Number 14 |

Knowledge A: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Knowledge B: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Knowledge C: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Sirettis doesn't have time to think about the orcs as she unfurls her hair, flaps them like wings, and then flies to the top of the cliff, landing on one of the rocks. "I shall slow them down in any way that I can."

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 6 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 57/57| Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/3 | Challenge 1/2 | Conditions:+1 Diplomacy; Lucky #2
Wands:
Enlarge: 43 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Yurei reflex save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

The contents of the orc's bag splashes everywhere trapping Yurei to the ground.

Sovereign Court

Blighted Path Maps | DTBP Loot | Solstice Scar

There are three different types of orcs here: Raiders, Scouts, and Thugs. None of them have damage reduction or spell resistance.

The yellow thug scrambles forward out of the cave towards Sirettis.

Protect the Convoy (bold is up): Sirettis, Yellow Thug, Sir D, LongjingBot, Mr. Peppers, Uesugi, Gallix, Pink Thug, Blue/Black/Red Raiders, CupBot

Dark Archive

M, lucky # 10 [Kineticist 6] HP: 57/57 (6 temp HP, continuously between fights), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+10, Ref+10, Will+4, Init +6, speed 30ft, Perception +8, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

Is the map correct?
There's quite a distance between the edge of the cliff and the orcs.

D. shoots at the nearest orc, or if they are yet out of sight, readies a shot.

Btw, i'd thought Uesugi was out of sight for a tanglefoot from the orc, unless they really are at the edge of the cliff. :P

Empowered Readied shot, overflow, inspire: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 = 23 Impact, overflow: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 2, 4) + 9 = 17

+50%, 2 burn bonus and 2 inspire for 29 dmg.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 6 HP: 22/38 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+4 R:+6 W:+6 Perception +13, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 3/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 0/3, Arcana: 5/12) Effects: Endure Elements, Mounted, Lucky#6

Knowing full well his lack of riding experience, especially in combat, Mr Peppers dismounts his magical steed and hikes his robes and hustles up the path Times like these I should really have fly available... but then I couldn't use fireball... I guess I run!

Move to dismount, move to move.

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 6 HP 53/53 | AC 17, Touch 12, Flatfooted 14, CMD 21* | Saves F+8, R+8, W+3 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +4; Init +2 | Lucky#10 | Status: Normal

Still empowered by his mutagen, Gallix moves up the cliff face at incredible speed, then takes up a defensive stance, sure that he's inviting a volley of arrows or who knows what else for the orcs as he stands alone upon the higher end of the path.

Move to climb the wall with an auto-success thanks to the bonus Athletic feat! Standard to get into total defense. AC23 this round with natural armor and total defense.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 6 HP: 22/38 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+4 R:+6 W:+6 Perception +13, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 3/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 0/3, Arcana: 5/12) Effects: Endure Elements, Mounted, Lucky#6
Gorgeous Gallix Granbonne wrote:

Still empowered by his mutagen, Gallix moves up the cliff face at incredible speed, then takes up a defensive stance, sure that he's inviting a volley of arrows or who knows what else for the orcs as he stands alone upon the higher end of the path.

Move to climb the wall with an auto-success thanks to the bonus Athletic feat! Standard to get into total defense. AC23 this round with natural armor and total defense.

Mr Peppers watches Gallix scramble up the wall and thinks to himself Now why didn't I think of that! Then he looks down at his immaculate fingernails and long slender fingers Ya... I'll go around..

"Lets go already! These orcs aren't going to blow themselves up! Well.. not likely anyhow."

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 6 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 57/57| Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/3 | Challenge 1/2 | Conditions:+1 Diplomacy; Lucky #2
Wands:
Enlarge: 43 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Yurei attempts to break free of the substance holding her hooves.

Strength check vs DC 17: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Still unable to break free Uesugi quickly leans over in his saddle and cuts away at the sticky substance.

I'm basing this on the fact that it is a tanglefoot bag so I need to do 15 points worth of damage to break Yurei free
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11

damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 = 10

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★

Several groups of Pathfinders break through the enemy lines and surround their leaders. A shout of encouragement rolls through the caravan, but a vastly different sound of worry begins rumbling among the attacking tribe.

@Table GMs: Encounter G is still available, but there are no further benefits for it.

Sovereign Court

Blighted Path Maps | DTBP Loot | Solstice Scar
D wrote:
Btw, i'd thought Uesugi was out of sight for a tanglefoot from the orc, unless they really are at the edge of the cliff. :P

The map is correct. A horse is an average of 6 feet at its withers. Uesugi is probably 5-6 feet tall himself. At least half of that taken up by his torso when seated. Therefore, I ruled that the orc can see his big shiny head. As much as I normally side with the players, it's just a tanglefoot bag...

The party advances up the hill and readies attacks as Uesugi struggles to free Yurei from the sticky tar, and succeeds.

"I can see the wagon! Grab the goods, I'm craving pork! Waugh!" The raiders shout as they run forward, towards the closest wagon.

Protect the Convoy (bold is up): Green, Orange, Sirettis, Yellow Thug, Sir D, LongjingBot, Mr. Peppers, Uesugi, Gallix, Pink Thug, Blue/Black/Red Raiders, CupBot

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 6 HP: 22/38 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+4 R:+6 W:+6 Perception +13, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 3/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 0/3, Arcana: 5/12) Effects: Endure Elements, Mounted, Lucky#6

Short, spectacled and often annoying urges Oolong forward and starts into a song while she draws out her whip

"Here comes the Orcs,
Here comes the Orcs!
Hi ho the dairo,
Here comes the Orcs!"

Dunno if Oolong is combat trained or w/e, if he isn't I guess she'll just hop down and lose the 20' of movement.

Sovereign Court

Blighted Path Maps | DTBP Loot | Solstice Scar

The green-eyed orc near the cave does a strange jig, almost passable for a dance, and his feet begin to glow white.

Spellcraft DC 16:
Longstrider

... While the orange-toothed one cackles insanely, pulls a potion from his loin cloth and dumps it down his throat. He disappears!

Protect the Convoy (bold is up): Green, Orange (invis), Sirettis, Yellow Thug, Sir D, LongjingBot, Mr. Peppers, Uesugi, Gallix, Pink Thug, Blue/Black/Red Raiders, CupBot

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 6 HP: 22/38 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+4 R:+6 W:+6 Perception +13, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 3/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 0/3, Arcana: 5/12) Effects: Endure Elements, Mounted, Lucky#6

I'm going to assume Mr Peppers can't see the spellcast near the cave. Bastard.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 6/6 | Flight 3/6 | HP 32/32 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 7 | Saves 2/4/6 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/5/4/3 | GM Reroll +1 | Sense Motive +11 | Lucky Number 14 |

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Sirettis isn't sure what the orc did, but she decides to slow them down and destroy their will to fight.

"Calm yourself. There is no need for violence..." A serene wind flows from about her and envelops a group of orcs.

Sirettis casts Calm Emotions on four orcs (including the one she can't see). Will DC 17 to resist. This requires concentration.

Fly, Athletic: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11 Sirettis tries to fly up, but it's no good. Instead she rises about 20 feet above the hill and flies ahead.

Sovereign Court

Blighted Path Maps | DTBP Loot | Solstice Scar

Will Save, Green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Will Save, Yellow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Will Save, Orange: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Will Save, Pink: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Two of the orcs resist the effects of the spell, but the other two more brutish, maniacal looking ones suddenly feel a wave of calm wash over them. "Um, guys? Don't be so angry. This is such beautiful earth," one says, picking up a mound of dirt and forming it into a ball as a free action.

Yellow casts a similar spell to green's and scrambles ahead.

Protect the Convoy (bold is up): Green, Orange (invis, calmed), Sirettis, Yellow Thug , Sir D, LongjingBot, Mr. Peppers, Uesugi, Gallix, Pink Thug (calmed), Blue/Black/Red Raiders, CupBot

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 6 HP: 22/38 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+4 R:+6 W:+6 Perception +13, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 3/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 0/3, Arcana: 5/12) Effects: Endure Elements, Mounted, Lucky#6

Still not having a great vantage of the battle, Mr Peppers calls on another set of eyes to be his artillery spotter "Gallix! What would I hit if I tossed another ball of fire at the Red orc? No allies? And how many enemies?!"

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 6 HP 53/53 | AC 17, Touch 12, Flatfooted 14, CMD 21* | Saves F+8, R+8, W+3 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +4; Init +2 | Lucky#10 | Status: Normal

Gallix looks at the red-cloaked orc and tries to remember exactly how big Peppers' ball of flames was in the last fight. "Uh...you'd hit the red one. And maybe the blue one? I dunno! How big is your fire anyway?" For his own part, Gallix goes with the much simpler route of charging at the yellow dancer, smashing his cestus into the orc's jaw, hopefully knocking the brute out cold in one blow.

Knockout MCestus, Mutagen, Charge, IC: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 22 Damage, Mutagen, IC: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 17
If the attack hits and deals damage, Yellow needs to pass a DC19 Fortitude save or fall unconscious for 1d6 rounds

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 6 HP: 22/38 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+4 R:+6 W:+6 Perception +13, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 3/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 0/3, Arcana: 5/12) Effects: Endure Elements, Mounted, Lucky#6

"INCOMING!" Hollers the Elf excitedly as he launches another little ball of explosive poo at the head of the red orc.

Casting Fireball! + 1CL, Reflex DC18: Caster Check/Damage: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 107d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6) = 32

He stands on his tippy toes after jogging up the path a bit to see how it went.

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 6 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 57/57| Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/3 | Challenge 1/2 | Conditions:+1 Diplomacy; Lucky #2
Wands:
Enlarge: 43 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Having freed Yurei, Uesugi looks up as he hears a loud explosion followed by the screams of some unseen orcs. Looking at the Mr. Peppers for one instant it looks like the elf is some doing bug like dance to show his excitement, but when he looks again the elf is his normal rigid self preparing yet another spell.

"Ya Yurei! Let us hurry!" with that Uesugi puts Yurei into a gallop to protect the first wagon. As he reaches the first turn he sees an orc glaring at Mr. Peppers and moves to intercept it.

Double move Yurei. Yurei moves half speed for duration of tangelfoot: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3. Then I will ready an attack any opponent that gets within reach

Ready attack: Katana 1st strike '2hand'+p.a+i.c.+higher ground: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 26
If hit=True Cornugan Strike (demoralize): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
damage+p.a+i.c.: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 + 2 = 14

Sovereign Court

Blighted Path Maps | DTBP Loot | Solstice Scar

Reflex, raiders: 3d20 ⇒ (10, 19, 5) = 34
Reflex, scout: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Fort, scout: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
A mass of screams fills the air as the three raiders erupt into a heap of flames, reduced to mere ash in seconds. Master of magic Mr. Peppers nearly takes down a fourth orc, but he dodges some of the heat. The air reeks of burnt orc!

Gallix punches the orc in the back of the head, but he still stands!

Protect the Convoy (bold is up): Green, Orange (invis, calmed), Sirettis, Yellow (-33), Sir D, LongjingBot, Mr. Peppers, Uesugi, Gallix, Pink Thug (calmed), CupBot

Dark Archive

M, lucky # 10 [Kineticist 6] HP: 57/57 (6 temp HP, continuously between fights), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+10, Ref+10, Will+4, Init +6, speed 30ft, Perception +8, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

D. doublemoves.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Blighted Path Maps | DTBP Loot | Solstice Scar

A horn sounds, and just when the odds seem even, three more frail orcs come charging from the south. They head straight past Sirettis. "Reinforcements! Finally! Get the goods, you fools!"

Pink prances ahead, smiling at Gallix and Sir D on his way to the wagon. "Such a beautiful day, isn't it, friends?"

Protect the Convoy (bold is up): Green, Orange (invis, calmed), Sirettis, Yellow (-33), Sir D, LongjingBot, Raiders, Mr. Peppers, Uesugi, Gallix, Pink Thug (calmed), CupBot

4,701 to 4,750 of 4,851 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.