Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

The Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign

Game Master GM Red

Currently: Torrent's Last Will

Initiative:

[dice=D]1d20+10[/dice
[dice=Gallix]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Mr P]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Uesugi]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Cup]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Sirettis]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Longjing]1d20+2[/dice


2,851 to 2,900 of 5,287 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 7/7 | Flight 5/7 (activated) | Disguise Hex | HP 30/30 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 3/6/8 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +1 | +2 Survival vs Heavy Gravity | -1 Con |

"The pleasure is ours." Sirettis does a curtsy before sitting down. She takes the tea, and sips it. How much work went into preparing this tea, she wonders. I am on the other side, blissfully unaware. I will thank the servants for their work.

"We are glad to be here, this wonderful and. What can we do to help you and to the Society?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 7 HP: 44/44 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+7 Perception +14, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, Arcana: 9/13) Effects:

Meeting Silas (Keeping it short.. for now..)

Mr Peppers stands at the back of the group, saying little as the Captain and then the Ensign lead them to the Inn. He accepts the tea with a nod and a smile, especially when he sees the ice cubes. Expensive place if it has ice, I wonder if they're magically created...

Standing by idly he watches Gallix do his grand introduction and helps him out with a bit of arcane backup, closing and opening the curtains to help with the lighting, etc. A little bit of a spotlight on the back of his tunic on the Red Arm. "Great work as usual Gallix." He turns to Silas and introduces himself. "Call me Mr Peppers Silas, I look forward to working with you and seeing your skills." He says with a smile. Very much so.

The cottage scene (Any associated knowledges for these people? I'll make a couple rolls to see what Mr Peppers may have heard/knows.)

Always happy for tea, especially iced here, Mr Peppers accepts with a nod. "Thank you for your hospitality. I am Mr Peppers, THE arcane expert of the group." He says with a slight glance at the newcomer. "I'm looking forward to working with you and seeing this fine country for myself. I've read about it somewhat here and there." Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 He flashes a smile that apparently has a bit of tea leaves stuck in it...

Knowledge:Local or Nobility:Morilla: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Knowledge:Local or Nobility:Ziralia: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 7 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 66/66 | Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 2/3 | Challenge 3/3 | Conditions: 7 non lethal dmg; Gravity (hvy load)
Wands:
Enlarge: 42 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Uesugi watches as the Street Performer gathers his heap of belongings. 'I had thought Mr. Peppers carried too many things. It seems we will have a copy of him to join our ranks this time.'

When he is done he quickly gathers a cloth and rinses down his body. 'I should let the scent of my travels carry into the house of the woman's place but now is not the time.' he hears the barbarian knocking at his door and opens to see him dressed in his noble outfit.

"You are dressed...for the occasion barbarian I am sure our contact will look positively on that." With that Uesugi adjusts the straps of his leather lamellar piece and moves on to meet with their contact.

When he sees her he cannot help but be enamored towards the beautiful woman. Her delicate skin is flawless and her attire only encourages his manhood to heat up. As she acknowledges him he bows in his traditional fashion first to the equally beautiful noble Madame Ziralia and then to their contact Madame Morilla.

"Greetings Madame Morilla." Taking the tea he drinks it slowly letting the cool liquid calm the rage and passion he feels for this woman.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 7 HP 62/62 NL 11 | AC 18(22), Touch 13(15), Flatfooted 15(17), CMD 23* | Saves F+8, R+8, W+3 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status:Mutagen, Heroism, IC, Haste, Outslug
Silas Vincent wrote:
And when Gallix cuts in, Silas stops and applauds the magnificent introduction as he gets up from his crate. "Bravo, bravo! What a show, even for the likes of Silas the Great. .... Hey, we could make quite the duo. You put on dramatic scenes behind me..."

"...behind me....behind me...behind me..."

The words echo through Gallix's thoughts for what feels like an eternity. His grip on his glass of iced tea tightens almost to the point of shattering it, though he recovers his senses just in time as a cool drop of condensation traces a line across his finger. With a small shudder and some furious blinking, Gallix looks again at Silas and shrugs. "We'll see about that. Probably would be better for you to be in the background. Or maybe offstage, providing some extra effects. Gotta give the folks what they really want after all."

Knock, knock, knock!

Gallix shifts uncomfortably in his new noble's outfit as he waits for Uesugi to answer his door. Petrello had picked out a great outfit, and he had even helped tailor it a bit so it accentuated Gallix's musculature perfectly, but Gallix had grown up accustomed to avoiding nobles, or dodging their security details, not dressing like them.

As Uesugi opens the door and comments on the likelihood of their contact's approval, Gallix sighs in relief. "Oh good! I was almost afraid I had put something on wrong. Oh! Wanna see the best part? Look! Petrello added a Red Arm badge on the sleeve!" The young man turns to show his upper right arm, on which a small, round badge bears a Red Arm insignia similar to the one stitched on the back on Gallix's usual tunic.

Townhouse

Gallix bows politely and accepts the tea when it is offered, but remains silent for the moment. The others are surely better suited to dealing with nobility, seeing as they seem to have some respect for such things. For his own part, Gallix figures that nobles are just the ones who have already hit it rich one way or another. Given enough time, some luck, and a few contacts, Gallix is sure that he could easily attain such a status for himself...if he wants to.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // // True Dragons

Lady Morilla discreetly signals to a servant, who then hands Mr. Peppers a lace handkerchief so that he may clean himself.

Mr. Peppers or Knowledge Local / Nobility DC 15 (Lady Morilla):
Given that she’s one of the faction heads of the Pathfinder Society, Lady Gloriana Morilla is a public figure. Much of the information about her is common knowledge.

As a member of Taldor's thriving noble hierarchy, but she was less concerned with looking good and throwing a good party than she was with restoring Taldor to its long-lost glory. She knows that the longer the nation rests on its imaginary laurels, the more its influence and gods-decreed dominance slip away from the Grand Prince and his loyal subjects. Lady Gloriana succeeded Baron Jacquo Dalsine as the head of the Taldan faction of the Pathfinder Society in 4711 AR.

In 4714 AR, Lady Gloriana abandoned her faltering plans to revive Taldor through increased participation in the Pathfinder Society and instead formed an independent organization for young nobles across Avistan, calling it the Sovereign Court. Lady Gloriana is also the cousin of Lord Celedo Morilla, Scion of House Morilla and guildmaster to the Guild of Wonders.

The Sovereign Court under Lady Morilla’s leadership has gained considerable influence--not only through alliances based on the exchange of favors, but also through more underhanded methods such such as blackmail and espionage.

Mr. Peppers or Knowledge Local / Nobility DC 15 (Lady Ziralia):
Lady Ziralia may be one of the hardest working nobles in the Inner Sea. She is the eldest child and heir apparent of the very ambitious Prince Zinlo, ruler of Thuvia’s richest city-state, Aspenthar. As a member of royal family, she was exempt from Aspenthar’s mandatory military service, and chose to serve anyway, personally helping guard the last convoy of Sun Orchid Elixir from its journey from the Alchemist’s Citadel to Aspenthar’s auction house.

Her interests extend beyond Aspenthar to the other city states. The last year has seen her working closely among the people of Pashow.

There’ll be more ‘what you know before you go’ spoilers to roll for later.

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 7] HP: 66/66 (7 temp HP, continuously between fights), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+10, Ref+10, Will+4, Init +10, speed 30ft, Perception +8, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

SM Uesugi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

D. gets the impression Uesugi's a little more modest than usual, but doesn't get a reading as to why.

"Thank you for the tea."

D. leaves the talking to the others, instead observing the scene, the company..security around here?

Take 10 for 17 on perception.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // // True Dragons

D. noticed several bodyguards discreetly posted outside this chamber. It is unclear to which lady they belonged.

Encouraged by your responses, Ziralia continues. “Like Thuvia's other cities, Pashow relies on the sale of sun orchid elixir to fuel its economy. Unfortunately, the last two batches destined for Pashow's auction house were lost to mishaps with teleportation magic.” She frowns, then continues. “Emir Guldis has borrowed money to keep the city afloat, but Pashow cannot afford to lose another shipment. Magic failed the last two times, so I've petitioned Guldis to transport the vials in person, as my father does. I rallied enough public support that the Emir was forced to see reason, and he began building some armored convoys and training guards to escort them.”

She leans forward, her face earnest and her manner business-like. “Guldis has entrusted me with looking into his transport's total security. Our interactions have been somewhat tense of late, and his full motives for choosing me for such a sensitive task are not yet clear. Nonetheless, the task at hand takes precedence over idle speculation. If this shipment is lost, Pashow will suffer greatly, and I respect the weight of my responsibly in preventing that fate.”

“The Emir plans to send the transport on a practice run from the Citadel of the Alchemist to Pashow with a decoy elixir.” Grabbing tea cups, sugar, and assorted tea cakes, she makes a mock convoy, snaking it around the table. She points to the convoy as she speaks. “Your job is to perform reconnaissance, plan an ambush, and raid the transport. To best assess the transport's vulnerabilities, we are treating this exercise as a genuine heist. The guards don't know they are being tested, so they will respond to you as they would respond to a real thief trying to infiltrate their operation.”

She pauses here, making sure you understand the full scope of the mission. “They do know that Guldis appointed me as his auditor, however, so my direct involvement will be limited. I am here to offer advice, monitor your strategies, note any security flaws you manage to exploit, and report back to the Emir. I will counsel you as best I can, but you should approach this heist however you see fit. I understand that this is an unusual mission, but Pathfinder agents are well known for their resourcefulness.”

She looks up at you. "Any questions?"

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 7 HP 62/62 NL 11 | AC 18(22), Touch 13(15), Flatfooted 15(17), CMD 23* | Saves F+8, R+8, W+3 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status:Mutagen, Heroism, IC, Haste, Outslug

Knowledge (local) (Lady Morilla): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Knowledge (local) (Lady Ziralia): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Hmm...this Lady Ziralia seems to know her stuff about security. Oh that's right! She's the one who volunteered for military service even though she could've avoided it as a noble. Gotta say...I don't hate her right now.

Gallix steps forward slightly and bows again as he addresses a question to the noblewoman. "Your highness- er - your worshipfulness - uh...Lady Ziralia, I have a question. Do we know the planned number of guards the Emir plans to have accompany the convoy at this time? Ma'am?"

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 7 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 66/66 | Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 2/3 | Challenge 3/3 | Conditions: 7 non lethal dmg; Gravity (hvy load)
Wands:
Enlarge: 42 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Know (Local) Lady M: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Know (Local) Lady Z: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

'Decoys...I do not like this at all.' Uesugi does his best to keep from looking insulted at the idea of being used as decoys.

"So you would have us test your convoy, Madame Ziralia? I do not like the idea of killing innocents which is what your guards will be but if you are to have us truly test your guards then you know there is a great likelihood that blood will be spilled and I do not mean ours? Once we obtain the fake elixir where shall we be asked to meet you and when will the guards know this was just a test? Or shall we be forced to flee Thuvia?" All the while he says this he focuses on Madame Morilla.

'This smells like something you would have conceived.' He remembers back to something his late master would say: 'Be wary of the smile of the quiet ally who might turn on you like the scorpion's tail.'

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 7/7 | Flight 5/7 (activated) | Disguise Hex | HP 30/30 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 3/6/8 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +1 | +2 Survival vs Heavy Gravity | -1 Con |

Knowledge Nobility (Lady Morilla): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Knowledge Nobility (Lady Ziralia): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Sirettis remembers Lady Ziralia and has heard stories about her efforts across Thuvia. She would like to help her. The mission itself...

"I see. Do we know where on the convoy the elixir will be on?"Sirettis tilts her head, curious. "I do wonder what our best approach is- a frontal assault, some subtlety, or maybe we could use magic." Isa tweets at her. "Yes, I agree, Isa. We'll need to find out as much as we can without making our intentions clear to eavedroppers."

"Uesugi brings up a good point- I do posses nonlethal means of keeping the guards distracted while we get in position."


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // // True Dragons

In answer to Gallix.

“I don't have exact numbers for you, which is why you'll need to gather intelligence in advance of your heist." She pauses, raising an eyebrow. "Pashow's citizens favor magic, so expect constructs, illusions, and traps within the transport itself. The convoy's wardens will likely be soldiers and trained animals. The Emir assembled two independent teams to prepare the escort and the transport itself, so I recommend performing reconnaissance at the guard barracks and workshop building the transport. Learning their vulnerabilities on site should help you plan an effective heist.”

In answer to Uesugi-ninja.

Sne nods to Uesugi. “I've recruited Abadaran priests to stabilize any guards who are critically wounded during your operations, so using some force is permitted. I would ask that you refrain from excessively lethal tactics, however, as it would be best for this exercise to proceed without casualties. These men and women have offered their service to help Pashow, and I wish to honor that. That being said, I strongly advise against trying to simply overpower the guards. The Emir spared no expense preparing his transports, and you are likely to find yourselves outnumbered."

"As for legality... No, you will not be forced to flee Thuvia, or even Pashow. Once you've obtained the false elixir, I will meet with you. The Emir himself sanctioned this heist, so no one involved will be breaking the law. If Guldis's men imprison you, I will ensure you are released, but being captured will not reflect well on your performance in this exercise, or on my trust in you."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
[Kineticist 7] HP: 66/66 (7 temp HP, continuously between fights), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+10, Ref+10, Will+4, Init +10, speed 30ft, Perception +8, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

Sabotage.....hehehe.

D. is quietly enjoying the prospect of 'authorized destruction'.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // // True Dragons

In answer to Sirettis

"This is where your reserch will come in. You will need to learn not only how the convoy is organized, but also its route through the desert in order to find the best place for an ambush. I imagine Guldis's navigators will debrief the convoy's escorts before the practice run, so spying on the guard barracks and the transport workshop will help you plan your attack.”

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 7 HP: 44/44 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+7 Perception +14, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, Arcana: 9/13) Effects:

Mr Peppers gives a questioning look to the servant as she delivers the handkerchief. This look quickly morphs into wide eyed shock as he turns away and frantically wipes his teeth, looking into the cloth for the source of his embarrassment. "Thank you" He mouths at the Lady.

The initial shock of his lack of oral hygiene started to wear off when the full concept and direction of this 'mission' hits him in the face. The Society is sending ME to run a MOCK attack on some silly caravan??? Lady Morilla must really owe Thuvia!

Once some of the other questions have died down, Mr Peppers clears his throat and brings up his own question, he does his best to keep his teeth obscured.. just in case. "While this isn't quite the mission I had in mind when we were first dispatched from Isger, after listening to the components I can see why you would need expertise such as ours."

Before I continue, what would Mr Peppers know of the value of these elixirs as well as who Guldis is?

Appraise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // // True Dragons

Mr. Peppers or Appraise DC 20 -- Sun Orchid Elixir:
The value of these elixirs is astronomical. Wealthy leaders across Golarian bid on them every year in order to turn back the clock and stay young.

Each shipment of six vials is basically the entire GDP of one of the Thuvian City States for five years. As Aspenthar has no other exports, all the wealth that you see openly displayed in this city must come from the proceeds it earned from previous succesful auctions.

Mr. Peppers or Knowledge Local DC 10 -- Guldis:
What do you know! Emir Guldis is apparently the name of the ruler of Pashow. Of course, Ziralia just told you that...

___

WHAT YOU KNOW BEFORE YOU GO -- THUVIAN POLITICS

Knowledge Local or Nobility
Sovereign Court Members can roll these as if they were trained, and with a +2 bonus! I am willing to have you aid another as you try to recall the information.
(Mr. Peppers may roll again on this check.)

DC 10+:
The nation of Thuvia consists of five independent city-states, each with its own interests. Every year, one city receives exclusive right to auction off six vials of sun orchid elixir, which fuels the local economy for the next five years while the elixir cycles among the other four city-states.

DC 15+:
Pashow has been suffering from intense financial turmoil after its last two batches of sun orchid elixir were lost. Though no one knows exactly what caused the teleportation accidents that compromised the shipments, locals hold the rather young Emir Guldis responsible, sullying his reputation as a leader.

DC 20+:
Many of Pashow's citizens believe Ziralia single-handedly salvaged the city's economic infrastructure, and a group of agitators seek to overthrow Guldis in favor of Prince Zinlo's daughter. Rumors hold that Guldis sees Ziralia as a threat, but cannot openly act against her without drawing her supporters' ire and risking a coup.

DC 25+:
Some believe that Pince Zinlo subtly supported Ziralia's rise in popularity, hoping to bring Pashow under his daughter's control. The ambitious prince has been building his military strength, and many fear that putting Ziralia on Pashow's throne is just his first step toward conquering the rest of Thuvia. Ziralia, however, is a vocal advocate of city-state independence, which makes her true position concerning Zinlo's political maneuvering unclear.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 7 HP: 44/44 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+7 Perception +14, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, Arcana: 9/13) Effects:

You never actually said who Emir Guldis was in the grand scheme of things other than he was the one in charge of the shipments and such. Didn't know if he was royalty or hired as a city manager.

Knowledge: Nobility: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 7 HP 62/62 NL 11 | AC 18(22), Touch 13(15), Flatfooted 15(17), CMD 23* | Saves F+8, R+8, W+3 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status:Mutagen, Heroism, IC, Haste, Outslug

Appraise (Elixir): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Any chance I could roll a Craft (alchemy) check for any info on it as well?
Knowledge (local) - Guldis: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Knowledge (local) - Politics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Gallix only knows what he's heard, and he doesn't remember much of what he heard back when he was living near this part of the world. Those were the days back before he joined the Society. His life was a bit of a mess then.

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 7 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 66/66 | Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 2/3 | Challenge 3/3 | Conditions: 7 non lethal dmg; Gravity (hvy load)
Wands:
Enlarge: 42 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

knowledge local Thuvian Politics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Uesugi weighs Madame Ziralia's word now having slowly shaking off the effects of seeing Madame Morilla.

"When do we start and will provide us with any means to gain access to the barracks or the transport workshop? Also will you have ability to provide with us a stipend to purchase equipment we might need to... infiltrate these compounds?"

'Spy work yes this is definitely your style Madame Morilla.' as he thinks this thought his gaze returns to Madame Morilla but he quickly shifts his eyes back Madame Ziralia.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // // True Dragons
Mr. Peppers wrote:
You never actually said who Emir Guldis was in the grand scheme of things other than he was the one in charge of the shipments and such. Didn't know if he was royalty or hired as a city manager.

Looking back, you're right that the information was simply implied, you did get something new from that check!

Gorgeous Gallix Granbonne wrote:
Any chance I could roll a Craft (alchemy) check for any info on it as well?

Sure, Gallix can roll it with a +2 circumstance bonus, because this something that EVERYONE in the alchemical world might have heard about.

The Exchange

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 7 HP 62/62 NL 11 | AC 18(22), Touch 13(15), Flatfooted 15(17), CMD 23* | Saves F+8, R+8, W+3 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status:Mutagen, Heroism, IC, Haste, Outslug

Yeah! Gallix's former drug problem is finally gonna pay off!
Craft (alchemy): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12
-__- Don't do drugs, kids.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // // True Dragons

Ziralia pauses thoughtfully at Uesugi's question about supplies. “That is an excellent question. Pashow's budget for this is extremely limited, so any extra funds are coming from my own personal account. I was planning on helping you fund your heist attempt if you can get enough good intelligence to make solid preparations...." She glances down, embarrassed. You get the sense that if she weren't already so dark-skinned, you'd see her blush. "Much of my personal fortune is being used as collateral for the loans currently keeping Pashow afloat. It's a risk that my father would not approve of, but I couldn't stand by and watch our closest neighbors spiral in an economic free-fall."

She takes a deep breath. "Given that the funds I can commit are limited, I'd rather hold on to them until we know more." Her dark gaze is steady and intense as she looks at Uesugi. "I know the guards are short-staffed and the convoy workshop needs skilled artificers, so posing as new recruits may get you far if you have the skills to back up your claims. You might also be able to pass as supervisors sent by Guldis, as long as you can avoid suspicion from middle management. Of course, there's always the option of just sneaking around and stealing information. Don't get caught engaging in suspicious behavior or this little test will be over before it begins. You are likely to meet with far more success if you to divide your forces between the two sites to cover more ground. I'm hoping you can get started first thing tomorrow. You only have three days before the practice run, so every minute counts.”

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 7/7 | Flight 5/7 (activated) | Disguise Hex | HP 30/30 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 3/6/8 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +1 | +2 Survival vs Heavy Gravity | -1 Con |

Knowledge(Local) Guldis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Knowledge(Nobility) Thuvian Politics: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

"No wonder the loss of the vials would be so devastating- each city state is able to auction the elixir once every five years."


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // // True Dragons

Ziralia nods. "Well said. Pashow lost the last two shipments, and no one knows where they went. They've been suffering for the past ten years, barely ekeing by. You'll see what I mean when you see it. A once proud city -- now almost nothing but slums."

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 7 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 66/66 | Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 2/3 | Challenge 3/3 | Conditions: 7 non lethal dmg; Gravity (hvy load)
Wands:
Enlarge: 42 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

'A honourable cause if not for her being here.'

"That is wise Madame Ziralia. I have no more questions for you and we will restore Pashow to its former fortune.

Madame Morilla might we meet with you after our meeting with Madame Ziralia? There are supplies that I believe you have secured for us that we sent from Absalom."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 7 HP: 44/44 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+7 Perception +14, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, Arcana: 9/13) Effects:

"May I speak frankly Ms Ziralia?"

If So:
"I have a level of concern that maybe you can aleviate or perhaps shed some light on? I've heard rumors that Guldis thinks of you as a threat to his power in the state. Asking you to test the mettle of this caravan is an extremely easy opportunity to frame you and your good name for the misery of the city over the last 10 years. How do we know he isn't setting you and, by extension, us, up for failure?" And for us likely far worse!

If not:
"Very well. I'd like to speak with my team in private to discuss some things before we make a formal agreement, as well as draw up some simple documents to be signed."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Human .oO "WIZARD" Oo. 3 (Counterfeit Mage 3) | HP: 24/24 | AC: 15 (11 FF, 14 TCH) | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +3 / R: +8 / W: +4 | Init: +6 | Speed 30 | UMD Wands +8 | Conditions: None
Wand Tracker:
Remaining: CLW 45/50, Bless 12/13, Chill Touch: 49/50, Snowball: 50/50, Vanish: 49/50, Mage Armor: 48/50

The whole time the Red Arm team posed questions to the duo of babes, as Silas had coined, he simply stood in the back cracking his knuckles, playing with his ball, ...

Heh, heh.

And sighing in boredom.

"What a thorough bunch you folks are, asking all of the important questions. Perhaps a little too serious for my tastes, but I get the nature of our mission. And truth be told, it excites me." Silas smiles and throws his arm around Mr. Peppers. "Two mages heading out into the desert to stage a heist. Our magic is sure to come in handy here!" The smile wanes as he looks Ziralia up and down.

Kn (Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

... I thought I'd recognized her. I'll have to float this by Mr. Seriously Bald later. He and Biceps probably know what to do. Is Ziralia to be trusted, or does her father wish to usurp the entirety of Thuvia?

He drops his arm and addresses the lady. "Say Ms. Ziralia, I've heard a lot about you. Your father is famous, right? Perhaps not as famous as myself or the muscular guy over there, but I hear he's bolstered his military in a way that would leave even a Chelish warlord jealous. You guys expecting an invasion?"


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // // True Dragons

In answer to Mr. Peppers

"Of course you should speak frankly to me!" Lady Ziralia exclaims to Mr. Peppers. "How else will I know that you are truly up for the job if you do not speak your concerns, Mr. Peppers?" Then she pauses, with an embarrassed smile as she turns to the rest of you. "You must all think me the least courteous person in the world, because I did not ask the rest of you your names. If you tell them to me, I promise will remember them. I always remember the names of those I work with."

She listens to Mr. Peppers say his piece, and then nods. “You are politically astute." She raises a delicate brow, glancing at Lady Morilla. "You picked excellent people for this operation -- sharp and competent." She folds her hands in her lap, as if weighing how much to share with you. Then she sighs and continues. "As for Emir Guldis, I don't believe he will betray us. Not because I am naiive or trusting. No, I have faith in him, because I have studied him all his life. It would be folly not to pay attention to the other royals in the city-states. I think we ALL watch each other to some extent."

She gives you an embarrassed half-smile, then continues. "Guldis is only twenty-seven, two years older than I. When his father died ten years ago, he had to rise to deal with his Pashow's auction shipment. I watched as he took the reins--and then saw the devastation that followed when the shipment disappeared in a teleportation accident. Everyone expected the young Emir to break after losing his beloved parent and his country's only source of income in the same year."

She glances out the window, her face sad. "I think I would have broken, under such pressure. Instead, he met with his country's greatest magicians and calmly planned for the next convoy. The previous Emir had laid in emergency reserves, and so Guldis used the funds his father had laid aside, cut all unnecessary expenses, and worked hard to keep his country afloat. When the second shipment disappeared... Oh, you have no idea how devastating it was. It was as if a great light snuffed out in Pashow. Their most famous magic schools closed, unable to find funding. The citizens felt anger and shame. There was lack of food, and riots. Guldis sold off his family's art collection and jewelry, trying to keep the children from starving."

"I believe he will not betray us because Guldis is motivated by the same things I am... A sense of duty to his people. He will not try to shift the blame to foreigners, because he has not ever succombed to lies, demagoguery and scape-goating." Ziralia raises her lovely dark eyes to Mr. Peppers. "As to why things are so tense between us... It is a delicate matter. If you prove your ability to exercise discretion and subtlety during the tasks I have laid before you, perhaps we can discuss the situation.”

In answer to Silas

When Silas speaks, she nods seriously. "Another good question! Aspenthar has a proud military tradition going back centuries. We've always viewed ourselves as the protectors of the Alchemist of the Citadel, our dearest National Treasure. But service in the military did not become mandatory until disaster struck Pashow. My father in his wisdom declared that we would never become vulnerable like that, and made certain that our City was not only well-protected, but capable of protecting others.

"Are we expecting an invasion? The answer has been the same for the past 3000 years. Yes!" Her lips purse, and she gazes at you with fierce determination. "There is always going to be some foreign power that seeks to kidnap or harm the Alchemist, or to steal his wares. Aspenthar will never let that happen!"

Any more questions for the lady?

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 7 HP: 44/44 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+7 Perception +14, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, Arcana: 9/13) Effects:

Mr Peppers gives a shocked and 'eww' face as Silas embraces him No self respecting arcane master likes to be touched! And quickly takes a step back once his grip is released.

Mr Peppers listens to the explanation he receives from the Lady Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 12 and nods feeling his concerns adequately addressed for the time being. There's a lot going on here. This is no simple vermin extermination or the rescue of a bunch of silly children. This is serious, life or death of a nation, work. I hope I'm up to it.

"As a master of the arts I feel deeply for the plight in Pashow and look forward to helping the situation as best I can. My skills will best be used at the workshop." He then bows with respect to both the Ladies and takes a step back for anyone else to ask more questions. He takes out his fresh journal and begins making cryptic notes. Not sure how that works with linguistics and 'codes'.

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 7 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 66/66 | Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 2/3 | Challenge 3/3 | Conditions: 7 non lethal dmg; Gravity (hvy load)
Wands:
Enlarge: 42 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

"Madame Morilla do you have a moment now? With time of the essence it would be better if we received the goods we ordered before running this test"

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 7/7 | Flight 5/7 (activated) | Disguise Hex | HP 30/30 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 3/6/8 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +1 | +2 Survival vs Heavy Gravity | -1 Con |

Sirettis takes note of everything.

Infiltration and extraction. That's what you're here for.

"I should seek out scrolls of..." She feels something breeze across her forearm, and she sees here skin ripple, briefly. She reflexively grabs it, unsure of what that was.

You refuse my gift? You were so eager to accept the power of flight. Or did you think you took that from me?

Sirettis sinks into her chair, withdrawn from the conversation. What is happening to me?


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // // True Dragons

Mr. Peppers:
You believe that Ziralia believes what she says is true.

If you have linguistics, you may certainly write your notes in code.

"Oh of course! Uesugi," Ziralia glances to Uesugi for confirmation that is in fact his name, and not something she misheard, "I will of course leave you all to consult with Lady Morilla." Despite the formalness of her attire, she leaps up with the sort of lithe grace that one might expect from someone who has had years of martial training.

She shakes each of your hands. "Please take care out there. Both sites are preoccupied with preparations, so anything could happen. Your most likely obstacles are traps protecting the officers' notes and guards interfering with your surveillance. My advice is to either blend into the background or make a positive impression; overseers are more likely to scrutinize a nuisance than someone they enjoy. Also, watch out for anyone else spying on the operation; with so much at stake, we can't afford to miss any foul play for the sake of our own heist.”

"I will see you in four days. Good luck." She nods, and slips out of the door waving servants off with a smile. "No. I'll find my own way out."

Lady Morilla stands, pulling aside a lace curtain to watch the princess leave from the window. "Remarkable, wasn't she? Remember that face. Rumor has it that her father is banking on it to be the one that unites all of Thuvia." Then she turns to all of you with a smile. "Of course I have the supplies you ordered, but that isn't all you wanted to say to me. Out with it, Uesugi. What is pressing on your mind?"

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 7 HP 62/62 NL 11 | AC 18(22), Touch 13(15), Flatfooted 15(17), CMD 23* | Saves F+8, R+8, W+3 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status:Mutagen, Heroism, IC, Haste, Outslug

"Hmmm...so I can either check in with the guards or the folks putting together the convoy itself? I could probably swing it either way, but it'd probably be more convincing to go with the guards. Uesugi, once we get whatever it is you're waiting on from Absalom, you could probably join me there." He pauses for a moment and turns back to face the noble women directly. He looks at them both long and hard, considering everything he's heard so far, while also thinking about how severe Uesugi seems to be in these women's presence. I wonder what's got him so edgy, he thinks. Guess now isn't the best time to ask.

After a moment of silence he gives another short bow, then holds up his fist, showing it to the women. "Don't worry, your ladyships, the Red Arm of Absalom is on the job, and we never fail!"

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 7 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 66/66 | Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 2/3 | Challenge 3/3 | Conditions: 7 non lethal dmg; Gravity (hvy load)
Wands:
Enlarge: 42 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Waiting for Madame Ziralia to leave he glares at Madame Morilla. His tone remains steady free of emotion even if his eyes speak of anger. "What gains are you here to make Madame Morilla? Enough of the pantomiming you look to position yourself in favour of Madame Ziralia should the Emir fall? This is a game of shogi and we are your soldiers." he leans forward making sure that only those around him can hear his next words. "Tell us what we need to know. Tell us what you have really heard about the missing vials of elixir. Does the city state of Pashow stand on the brink of removing the Emir? What happens to us if we are not successful. Clearly you expect us to show the weaknesses of the convoy and in doing so the Emir will lose favour while Madame Ziralia and her family gain."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 7 HP: 44/44 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+7 Perception +14, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, Arcana: 9/13) Effects:

Mr Peppers ears and eyes perk up to the line of questioning from the samurai There's some history going on there...

"Master Uesugi asks some important questions. Questions that will help us all be better prepared to face this task."

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 7/7 | Flight 5/7 (activated) | Disguise Hex | HP 30/30 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 3/6/8 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +1 | +2 Survival vs Heavy Gravity | -1 Con |

Uesugi's distrust of Lady Morilla is apparent, and Sirettis snaps to attention. Where did Lady Ziralia go? What happened?

"We must carefully choose our interactions. If the city–state of Pashow were to lose another shipment, the economic damage would be great, perhaps too great to recover from. I – we must do all that we can prevent this. If you believe writing a mock shipment is the best use of our time to accomplishing this goal, then we will do it without hesitation."

diplomacy(Aid): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

The tension in the room raises, and Sirettis chooses her words to understand what's working on 'behind the scenes' and prevent this encounter from becoming too hostile.

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 7] HP: 66/66 (7 temp HP, continuously between fights), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+10, Ref+10, Will+4, Init +10, speed 30ft, Perception +8, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

Aid diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 2

D. was about to say something, but reconsiders his words, and thinks it better not to say it.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // // True Dragons

Lady Morilla smiles at Uesugi and rewards him with a slow clap.

Clap. Clap. Clap.

"An excellent speech! So forcefully delivered! Oh, you do show promise as an orator. That said," she pauses, pointing a finger at the Samurai's chest, then looking up coquettishly at him through half-closed eyelids, "you are seeing only half the picture. We are here because this is where the world turns." She makes a slow spinning motion with her finger, watching all of you. "Thuvia would be nothing without Sun Orchid Elixir... But those six precious vials are something that the most powerful people in the world crave!"

She looks pityingly at all of you. "Do you think I would be so foolish to enter an engagement with only one possible favorable outcome? No matter who wins here, Pashow or Aspenthar, both sides will owe the Society and of course the Sovereign Court. Really, darlings, it is a win-win."

She glances at Uesugi and Sirettis. "I think that it is time for the three of us to have a private little chat." She smiles up at the others. "You don't mind, do you? My servants will have your supplies for you." She makes a hand waving motion at Gallix, Silas, Mr. Peppers and D. "It was a pleasure meeting you," she calls as you get escorted out of the room.

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
[Kineticist 7] HP: 66/66 (7 temp HP, continuously between fights), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+10, Ref+10, Will+4, Init +10, speed 30ft, Perception +8, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

When Uesugi & SIrettis have been taken away for a chat, D. speaks his mind.

"That woman is a poisonous spider. One that enjoys to play with the ones hanging by, or dancing upon, a thread in their web. The irony is that their plans need the pawns or they couldn't succeed in their plans, and we do it anyway."

While it's a policy for D. to not worry too much, his eyes narrow more.
"Uesugi-san and Sirettis-san taken aside, are they affiliated to the woman's organization?"

Ooc i know their faction wants to keep their affiliation a secret. Yet the woman just now declared which faction she's on.
Is my comment approved as plausible?

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 7 HP: 44/44 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+7 Perception +14, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, Arcana: 9/13) Effects:

Mr Peppers has been around powerful mages and politicians many years and knows when to take his leave and scuttles out of the room with the others.

He nods along with D's sentiments "The world is run by money and power through politics. Thuvia has them thanks to this elixir. Its a wonder its taken this long for some of these shipments to go 'missing'. The Society is made up of the decemvirite and they each have their own agendas and we are their pawns. They provide us with wealth and power and we return the favor. Be happy at least we get something in return and have some what of a say in how the spell is cast. It will get cast, be it by us or by someone else."

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 7 HP 62/62 NL 11 | AC 18(22), Touch 13(15), Flatfooted 15(17), CMD 23* | Saves F+8, R+8, W+3 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status:Mutagen, Heroism, IC, Haste, Outslug

Gallix objects somewhat to being bustled out of the room, but relents when he sees the others doing the same. As the step outside, he sighs and shakes his head, his hands planted on his hips. "Well, I guess it's like you said, Peppers, as long as we get our slice, we can't complain too much. We just have to work to get ourselves that kinda power someday if we want people to follow our agendas." He looks back over his shoulder to stare back at the door, Wonder what that lady is telling them that she wouldn't tell us, though.

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 7 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 66/66 | Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 2/3 | Challenge 3/3 | Conditions: 7 non lethal dmg; Gravity (hvy load)
Wands:
Enlarge: 42 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Uesugi eyes Madame Morilla as she ushers the others outside. He casts the barbarian a quick look one that only the barbarian would likely understand. It is a look not of fear but of surprise. A far worse foe for any warrior. Fear they were trained to face. To run from it if they must or to crush it when it moved into one's grasp. But being unprepared no warrior wanted this for only the truly gifted ever survived unscathed.

He turns to face Madame Morilla and when only the Spirit, Madame Morilla and him are standing there he says now sharper than before, "Always the game. I had hoped if we met again you would know that I did not come her to play in your shogi. You use me as your piece time and time again acting as if you were my shogun, but you know I only honour my late master's request and that is all." He pauses remembering another memory his tone greatly softening. "I had thought things would be different Morilla but I will only ever be a pawn in your grand plan and never anything more."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // // True Dragons

I'm not bothering to spoiler this, because in an in person game the other players at the table would have of course heard the "private" conversation.

Once the room has cleared, Lady Gloriana Morilla sits down, smoothing her skirts. "Oh, Uesugi, I wish you would stop being so dramatic. You are more than just a tool to me. What we've shar--" She breaks off, as if suddenly remembering the presence of Sirettis.

"Perhaps it's best if we all confine ourselves to the business at hand." On her face is a very pleased, self-satisfied expression. "So, I am sure you are dying to know what special instructions I have for you, my very special darlings. Chocolate?" She offers you a chocolate from the boxed assortment by her side. That it has not melted in the heat of the Thuvian afternoon is remarkable, but you both can feel the magically created chill coming off the box. "No?" She waves the chocolates at you both one more time, as if oblivious to the fuming disapproval and impatience radiating off Uesugi.

Then she shrugs and pauses to eat the chocolate herself with gloved hands. "Such an interesting situation. Ziralia is so earnest. I don't think I was ever that young, even when I was her age. She believes the best of both Guldis, the childhood friend who by all accounts now hates her, and her father, Prince Zinlo, one of the fastest rising stars in Inner Sea politics."

Gloriana raises both eyebrows. "Of course, none of the three of us have that sort of luxury. I trust no one and I expect you both to do the same. However, helping Zinlo's daughter in this little altruistic heist of hers offers us a unique opportunity to learn more about the ambitious prince. Keep your ears and eyes open. I suggest that you two go to two different destinations in Pashow... One to the transport workshop, and one to the guard barracks. Collect what information you can on Zinlo and his political machinations."

"Zinlo is dangerous. I'm not sure that I want him to have a monopoly on the world's most desirable drug... The balance of power in Thuvia has worked so far. I'm not quite ready to see it destabilize, not without more to gain." Then she smiles. "Though I must say that I would not mind it if you managed to convince Ziralia to join our little cause. Good luck, darlings."

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 7 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 66/66 | Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 2/3 | Challenge 3/3 | Conditions: 7 non lethal dmg; Gravity (hvy load)
Wands:
Enlarge: 42 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Uesugi averts his eyes ashamed at appearing this weak in front of Spirit. He finally gathers himself as Madame Morilla explains the special task she would like for them to complete.

He looks up his face as stoic as ever. "Who is more dangerous and what will Lord Guldis do once we succeed? This could destabilize the current state as we know it. We will see to your task. Please have one of your servants send my shipment to the inn. Also what would you have us say to our companions since you have taken us aside. They will wonder and should know something." He bows towards Madame Morilla waiting her answer.

Leaving the room

As they exit Madame Morilla's room he lightly touches Spirit's arm. "What occurred in there between Madame Morilla and I is not to be spoken of again. I ask this of you as a...friend."

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 7/7 | Flight 5/7 (activated) | Disguise Hex | HP 30/30 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 3/6/8 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +1 | +2 Survival vs Heavy Gravity | -1 Con |

Now this woman- we have much to learn from her. Every action is deliberate, controlled. Look how she dismisses Uesugi's worries. Behold how her status was enough to usher everyone else from the room- she could kill you right here and no one would bat an eye.

She doesn't even know you're here- oh, she finally looked at you!

Sirettis isn't sure what she's supposed to feel- before she joined the Pathfinders her head would be bowed down. Never look at them in the eye. Know your place. Someone of her status could have her thrown in jail or even worse for sneezing in her direction. And she was right, this woman barely acknowledged her. Sirettis felt no warm wind blowing, she wanted Sirettis to observe.

Sirettis rejected the chocolate. She certainly wasn't hungry right now. And she certainly didn't want to lie right now. This web of lies, deceit and trickery was dangerous.

"Lady Ziralia is brave, naive and altruistic. She cares about more than her people than herself. That is what I look for in a leader, a ruler." Sirettis pauses. "That is our goal, yes? The Court leads by example and guides everyone towards the greater good."

"The entire city-state relies on a single item, artificially priced getting sold once every five years- extremely vulnerable. One day, I hope you are able to convince Lady Ziralia to change this structure- she does not see the weakness in this. Emir Guldis has been hit harder than she realizes."

Sirettis stands up. "I will do everything I can to protect her, for I know where ever she eventually resides, her organization will flourish under her aid. It is her choice to join the Court, but I will make this offer because I believe it will help her."

Without waiting for a response, Sirettis turns and leaves the room, head held high.

I will choose my own method.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // // True Dragons

Last moment with Morilla

"Who is more dangerous?!" Morilla asks Uesugi, finally exasperated. "No, I'm not doing your homework for you! You know very well they both are! Guldis has his back to the wall, on his last chance to save his throne and his people. He's desperate, and desperate men are dangerous. As for Zinlo... Who knows what he has planned?"

Then she smiles, her smile not quite reaching her eyes. "As for what to say to the others... Tell them I wanted to humiliate you in front of a witness for being rude to me. It's not even untrue. Good bye, Uesugi!"

As Sirettis speaks her piece, Morilla recovers her icy control. When the sylph steps out, Lady Morilla's lips quirk up. "You would do well to follow her example, and use your eyes before your mouth makes you a fool."

Returning to the Sip of Sunlight

The sunset in Aspenthar is one of the most spectacular sights in the Inner Sea. The fiery lights hit the ocean and radiate off the rose-colored stone. The team travels back to the Inn, bathed in light.

When they return to the inn, those who have worked with Cup see a familiar sight. Invisible servants are cleaning the inn as your host, Suleiman, sits studying a book* as dancing lights glow over his head. He glances up. "Oh, welcome back, my guests! Is there anything I can do for you before you retire?"

___
*Yes, Mr. Peppers and Silas. It is totally a spell book. No, you may not copy from it.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 7 HP 62/62 NL 11 | AC 18(22), Touch 13(15), Flatfooted 15(17), CMD 23* | Saves F+8, R+8, W+3 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status:Mutagen, Heroism, IC, Haste, Outslug

On the way back to the Sip of Sunlight

"She wanted to what?!" Gallix's furious shout rings through the streets as the Red Arm makes its way back to the inn. "I'll show that stuck-up, spoiled viper not to insult the Red Arm! Let me go, Uesugi! Let me go!" The young man strains against the samurai, trying to get past and rush back to find Lady Morilla and tell her off for trying to humiliate his friend.

He finally calms down a moment later and follows along the rest of the way to the inn. As they continue along the beautiful roads of Aspenthar, Gallix walks alongside his friend, his face downcast and shadowed with anger. "I guess we don't have a choice about working with her on this," he says a short while later, "But let's avoid her in the future if we can, alright? I could tell when we were in there that you have no fondness for the woman, and I'm beginning to see things your way as well."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 7 HP: 44/44 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+7 Perception +14, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, Arcana: 9/13) Effects:

Mr Peppers is happy to see both Sirettis and Uesugi have made it out in once piece "I hope everything went as well as it could have. If you'd like to speak with me about anything feel free, I will offer my council if you wish it." He gathers up his robes and heads off with the group back to the inn.

The INN

As Mr Peppers steps into the entry way of the inn his feet freeze in place I'd recognize those effects anywhere... and is that a spellbook? His eyes flash a light blue hue for a minute and a smile creeps up unintendedly. Use See Magic, Knowledge Arcana of a 28, HMM what action would this be for use in combat?

See Magic Exploit:
See Magic (Su): The arcanist can see magical auras. If she expends 1 point from her arcane reservoir, for 1 minute she instantly recognizes magic item auras and spell effects (as per detect magic). During this time, she is treated as if she had studied each aura for 3 rounds, and she treats her Knowledge (arcana) check as if she had rolled a 15 on the d20. In addition, if she touches a magic item during this time, she can immediately identify its properties using Spellcraft without needing to spend 3 rounds examining the object. If an enemy possesses the object, the arcanist must first succeed at a melee touch attack in order to touch the item.

"A fellow user of the arcane arts! Silas and I must sit with you and have a discussion, perhaps over some chilled wine and a light snack? Its been so long since I've had the pleasure of discussing the finer points of Arcane magic with anyone other than myself and this librarian I was mentoring. Energetic little Gnome she is, but far too distracted with creatures from other planes to really focus on the true path of Arcane power." He motions for Silas to have a seat with them, his mood more upbeat than anyone has seen in some time, and his invitation to Silas less a request than an expectation.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 7/7 | Flight 5/7 (activated) | Disguise Hex | HP 30/30 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 3/6/8 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +1 | +2 Survival vs Heavy Gravity | -1 Con |

"As your friend, I will keep this to myself. If you ever wish to speak publicly about it, I will be by your side." She turns to Uesugi and smiles. "You are not the only one fighting intangible forces."

Turning to her other teammates she nods. "Let us return to the inn. Lady Morilla is quite fearful when she stops hiding behind a facade." That's not even untrue.

Back at the inn, Sirettis finally gets a chance to relax. "A bath would be very useful. Also, a store or merchant I can buy more scrolls from. A spellcaster must always be prepared." That was something Sirettis could never say in Saringallow.

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 7 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 66/66 | Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 2/3 | Challenge 3/3 | Conditions: 7 non lethal dmg; Gravity (hvy load)
Wands:
Enlarge: 42 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Uesugi could only shake his head in silence as he held his friend back. Letting the barbarian go would solve nothing. This was how shogi was played. The person in power was always moves ahead of their opponent. Sacrificing pieces when needed and always with their eyes on the prize.

He dared look back but decided against it. Once again she had cast him aside. Maybe this time he would learn.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PbP GM Kit // // True Dragons

Mr. Peppers, that exploit does not seem earth-shattering. I'm fine with it being a move action or a swift.

Suleiman looks down at his sandals. "Alas, I did not get very far on the path to arcane power. My studies were interrupted and I had to start over. I barely have time for them now. But yes! Baths I can do! And it would be a pleasure to give you directions to a scroll merchant. One of my fellow students from my old school has a little stall. I can ask him to come by tonight and bring a selection for you!"

2,851 to 2,900 of 5,287 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.