Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign

Game Master GM Red

Currently: Torrent's Last Will

Initiative:

[dice=D]1d20+10[/dice
[dice=Gallix]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Mr P]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Uesugi]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Cup]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Sirettis]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Longjing]1d20+2[/dice


5,001 to 5,050 of 5,285 << first < prev | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

[Kineticist 7] HP: 66/66 (7 temp HP, continuously between fights), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+10, Ref+10, Will+4, Init +10, speed 30ft, Perception +8, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

D.'s time between missions had been quite uneventful.
His retainers did what they had to, and the estate was in order.

Current time:

"A portal, yet another portal. With the amount of portals we've seen through our endeavours, one would almost think this is some oddly written story, isn't it."

Sovereign Court

Graves of Crystalmaw PassHell's Rebels

Submerged like Atlantis, kind of like this.

Zahra stands from her clam seat, a sullen look at her face as she addresses Uesugi. "You have it on my word that we will find your trusted familiar before we are done here. A bird would not simply be able to fly through the gates and into the watery abyss."

She's understanding of Mr. Peppers' edginess. "You are as a whale would be in the Plane of Air. Razethka will provide you with all of the water breathing needed. The armory is that way," she points ahead.

At the Armory
The Azure Armory is a massive blue barracks built to house the sprawling city guard of Vialesk. Entering, the half-orc quartermaster approaches.

"I hear you're heading out to solve our big problem with the tides. How noble, how grand!" The quartermaster says, twirling his moustache in his finger. He walks over to one corner of the room and points towards a weapon stand.

"Choose an underwater crossbow, light or heavy, and I'll give you 40 bolts to go with it. Hmm..." He walks up to Uesugi, kneels, and touches the scabbard of Uesugi's katana. "That's a pretty sturdy looking weapon. We could possibly sweeten the deal, since you're willing to help out and all. I will give you a crossbow in equivalent value to any weapon you have."

That is, you can swap any weapon you have for an underwater crossbow of equivalent value, ignoring the cost of the base weapon. Go make something cool!

See Slide 2 for the rules of Underwater movement and combat

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 7 HP: 44/44 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+7 Perception +14, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, Arcana: 9/13) Effects:

Mr Peppers raises an eyebrow "There's much of a difference between an 'underwater' crossbow and a regular crossbow?" He points to his own finely made light Dwarven crossbow and looks at the two to compare.

Swap MW light crossbow for MW light underwater crossbow and snag 20 bolts.

"Answer me this quartermaster, what sort of weapons can we expect the Sahuagin to be wielding? I'm sure you've battled them many times by now."

Edit: Also, did I learn anything in particular about Sahuagin, like spell resists, resists, DR, etc with my earlier check?

Dark Archive

149000-10 | "Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 7 | HP 52/52 (66/66) | AC 18, T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +8 W +6 | Init +5 | Per +14, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 21/21 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 10, IC+GH, 4 Mirror Image
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

Cup eyes Zahra’s nifty whip. “So do you have recommendations for a whip that works under water?”

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 7 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 66/66 | Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 2/3 | Challenge 3/3 | Conditions: 7 non lethal dmg; Gravity (hvy load)
Wands:
Enlarge: 42 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Just to clarify by swap I would have to leave my katana here with him? if so I will politely decline

Watching the orc kneel Uesugi adds, "You are only offering crossbows but what of polearms do you offer those as well. I would request one as well."

Sovereign Court

Graves of Crystalmaw PassHell's Rebels

The half-orc stands up and flexes his biceps. "Oh, oh, of course! Polearms! How could I forget? Follow me, sir," he shuffles over to a larger cabinet and opens it up, revealing a plethora of melee weapons - tridents, longspears, shortswords, and other piercing weapons.

You may also trade a weapon for a piercing weapon of the same value. Piercing weapons do not suffer the same penalties as slashing ones do underwater.

Zahra lashes her whip into the air and purses her lips. "This one works when it has to work, but it is no different than an ordinary whip."

Mr. Peppers recalls that sahuagin lieutenants and scouts do not possess any damage reduction or resistance to energy or spells, but they do have the blood frenzy special ability, allowing them to fly into a frenzy after taking damage (similar to a barbarian's rage).

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 7/7 (activated) | Flight 7/7 (activated) HP 37/37 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 4/6/8 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/6/4/3/1 | GM Reroll +1 | +2 Survival vs Heavy Gravity

Sirettis exchanges her light crossbow for an underwater masterwork light crossbow.
I may as well get masterwork variants here.

She also trades her silver mace for a silver shortspear.

Upon hearing about polearms, she follows Uesugi and seeks a masterwork longspear. Most of the other weapons are too complicated for her.

Sovereign Court

Graves of Crystalmaw PassHell's Rebels

The quartermaster happily makes the exchanges, handing Sirettis the weapons. "Some fine choices that I'm sure will keep even the most vile sahuagin scum at bay!"

Will Sir D, Uesugi, Cup, and Gallix be making any trades?

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 7] HP: 66/66 (7 temp HP, continuously between fights), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+10, Ref+10, Will+4, Init +10, speed 30ft, Perception +8, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

D. carries a dagger and a club. His kinetic blast counts as either type of dmg type, so he's good to go regarding that aspect.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 7 HP: 44/44 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+7 Perception +14, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, Arcana: 9/13) Effects:

Mr Peppers introduces himself to the quartermaster "I'm Mr Peppers, ardent student of the arcane. Where would I go in the city to find arcane scrolls and such? And, have you seen a parrot today?"

After his hopeful response, he'll add in another question for Senor Mustachio "You mention a problem with the tides, could you be more specific? Are they too large or small? Irregular? How would that affect the city way down here?"

Dark Archive

149000-10 | "Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 7 | HP 52/52 (66/66) | AC 18, T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +8 W +6 | Init +5 | Per +14, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 21/21 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 10, IC+GH, 4 Mirror Image
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

Cup looks sadly at her whip. “I suppose I could trade for a long spear...” Then she looks at everyone. “Do you have anyplace here where I could purchase a wand of Touch of the Sea or Air bubble?”

Sovereign Court

Graves of Crystalmaw PassHell's Rebels

Cup realizes that she had, in fact, purchased just that exact wand before she came here! :)

"I thought I'd mentioned that," Zahra says to Mr. Peppers. "Baron Zemdar and his sahuagin tribe are hiding in the giant seashell within the Lambent Bloom. He's using the power of the shell to control the current and tides themselves, threatening the air bubble Vialesk is housed in," she says, pointing above.

She probably doesn't mean tides in the strict, real world sense.

The quartermaster runs his finger along his moustache. "A parrot! Down here? Hmm, I don't think so. Wait a minute, didn't one of those pens have a parrot face on it?"

Just then, the golden pen Cup had been holding becomes hot to the touch - so hot that it melts right through the pocket of her fancy green shirt. It falls to the sandy ground, and then begins to float, emitting a cascade of sparks in its wake that reflects blues and greens off of the fish in the neighboring waters. A bright, blinding cone of light floods from the pen's end with ribbons of emerald lace erupting from the center of the cone. The pen explodes, and the silhouette of a small dragon fades into view, golden light pouring out from its body. As the wyrm takes shape, a coat of golden scales sets in around the creature, now a diminutive dragon whose tongue is as black as the ink the pen was once filled with. The light fades, and the creature speaks, flapping its wings:

"Rawwwwk! Noble steed, the mighty dragon has returned!"

At the same time, all five of the other pens held by the party crumble to nothing more than piles of sand. (Hey, at least Sir D now has a few thousand additional bullets.)


Longjing the 'Dragon' | Male Mascot Caliigraphy Wyrm Familiar | HP 26/26 (37/37) | AC 20* (23) T 17 FF 17* (20) | CMD 11 | F +3 R +8 W +6 | Init +7 | Per +11 SM +1 | Speed 40ft flight | Active Conditions: Parrot behavior, Mage Armor, Lucky Number 15, 6 Images, IC+Good Home

“Rawwwwwwwk!” the dragon extends a wing, and then hops on to Cup’s shoulder. “I’ve turned to my true form! Did you ever doubt I was really a dragon?”

Dark Archive

149000-10 | "Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 7 | HP 52/52 (66/66) | AC 18, T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +8 W +6 | Init +5 | Per +14, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 21/21 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 10, IC+GH, 4 Mirror Image
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

Wait. He was a parrot, and then... a pen? Now he’s a dragon? But that doesn’t matter, really. What matters is that Longjing had returned.

“I never doubted your true form for an instant!” lies Cup, hugging the newly minted dragon.

Bluff: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21

“You’re beautiful. Whether parrot, pen or dragon! Um, how did this happen?”


Longjing the 'Dragon' | Male Mascot Caliigraphy Wyrm Familiar | HP 26/26 (37/37) | AC 20* (23) T 17 FF 17* (20) | CMD 11 | F +3 R +8 W +6 | Init +7 | Per +11 SM +1 | Speed 40ft flight | Active Conditions: Parrot behavior, Mage Armor, Lucky Number 15, 6 Images, IC+Good Home

Longjing experiments with shifting from pen to dragon and back again.

BAMF! Pen.

BAMF! Dragon.

BAMF! Pen.

BAMF! Dragon.

“I don’t know, but this is something that mighty dragons do!” His mouth looks a bit like a parrot’s beak and he preens his golden scales happily.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 7/7 (activated) | Flight 7/7 (activated) HP 37/37 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 4/6/8 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/6/4/3/1 | GM Reroll +1 | +2 Survival vs Heavy Gravity

Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

"Longjing..." Sirettis smiles. "It is good to see your true form."

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
"None of us doubted your true form. It's good to see you have recovered. Luckily you are a skilled swimmer."

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 7] HP: 66/66 (7 temp HP, continuously between fights), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+10, Ref+10, Will+4, Init +10, speed 30ft, Perception +8, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.
Sirettis wrote:
None of us doubted your true form. It's good to see you have recovered. Luckily you are a skilled swimmer

*Rolls eyes*

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 7 HP: 44/44 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+7 Perception +14, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, Arcana: 9/13) Effects:

Mr Peppers nods at Zahra when she re-explains the tidal situation "My apologies, I didn't realize the danger to the city's sphere. It makes much more sense now."

As the pen starts to melt and burn Mr Peppers gets a bit concerned, his eyes turn blue as he tries to figure out what's going on Are we under attack? Have we been duped? Oh... Longjing really is a real dragon. Just a tiny one. How, interesting.

"Welcome back Longjing, no matter your form. The scales suit you."

Mr Peppers will get a scroll of touch of the sea to learn and a couple spare potions of it.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 7 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 66/66 | Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 2/3 | Challenge 3/3 | Conditions: 7 non lethal dmg; Gravity (hvy load)
Wands:
Enlarge: 42 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Uesugi watches as Little Dragon - now an actual dragon? - morphs between a pen and his serpentine form at first unsure if this is actually him, but when his voice calls out to Uesugi the samurai's suspicion melts away. Little Dragon! You have returned! I agree with Madame Poshkettle it matters not what has happened so much as your return."

Uesugi looks at the quartermaster. "To give you any of my weapons would be dishonourable. I shall take a crossbow with these bolts if you still offer out of your gratitude for helping the city."

I'll take a light crossbow with 40 bolts if they are free otherwise I am ready to go.

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 7] HP: 66/66 (7 temp HP, continuously between fights), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+10, Ref+10, Will+4, Init +10, speed 30ft, Perception +8, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

When everyone is done with the weapons, D. takes the quartermaster aside.

"Quartermaster, do you have any facial covers?"

Red:

I'd like to buy a battle mask.

Sovereign Court

Graves of Crystalmaw PassHell's Rebels

Sir D:

The quartermaster winks at you, and brings you a secret armoire in the corner of the armory.
"One of these is sure to scare even the most formidable of foes."
He shows you a terrifying red mask with swirls of black, made of bones. "Fifty gold pieces and its yours!"

Uesugi, the crossbow will be 70 gp but the bolts are free.

Having equipped yourselves at the armory, you head for the city docks that exit out to the watery abyss with Zahra. The expedition looks to be making final preparations.

Twenty undines, otherwise called maridar in Vialesk, are busy strapping provisions to whale sharks. They outfit several of the sharks with harnesses. One fashionable blue undine floats up to the edge of the docks and waves at you. "If you can't swim, these sharks will make great mounts! Don't be scared, climb aboard!"

Lounging on a bed of seaweed nearby is Razethka, a large brine dragon covered with artfully groomed sea anemones.

Zahra finishes up her preparations and urges you into the waters. "If you're ready, grab a shark and we'll be off - or swim! Razethka will take care of your breathing issues."

Dark Archive

149000-10 | "Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 7 | HP 52/52 (66/66) | AC 18, T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +8 W +6 | Init +5 | Per +14, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 21/21 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 10, IC+GH, 4 Mirror Image
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

“Ooh, I’ve never ridden a shark before!” Cup squeals with delight. “This sounds.... Horribly dangerous! Let’s do it!” She mounts up on the shark and waves to the dragon, Razethka.

“သငျသညျတွေ့ဆုံရန်ချစ်စရာကောင်းတဲ့ဒါဟာပါ!” Looking at the Sea Anemones, she says, “ငါမတ်မတ်ကိုချစ်!”

Draconic:

“Thank you! It is a pleasure to meet you!” “Snazzy outfit!”

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 7 HP 62/62 NL 11 | AC 18, Touch 13, Flatfooted 15, CMD 23* | Saves F+8, R+8, W+3 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status:N/A

Shaine's Office

Gallix stumbles through the open portal as Mr. Peppers gives him a bump on the rump. As he begins to fall in, however, he catches sight of a small envelope with a gold seal and his name on it sticking out from a stack of papers on Shaine's desk. With his usual lightning speed, Gallix snatches the envelope, then finally falls into the portal transporting him to the Plane of Water.

Vialesk

Gallix is rather unconcerned with Longjing's whereabouts. A 'mighty dragon' like him can take care of himself, after all, right?

Instead, while the others get briefed on their mission, Gallix opens the envelope. Within is a letter from Guaril Karela, de facto leader of the the Exchange faction, writing on behalf of his master Trade-Prince Aaqir al’Hakam. The letter details how Gallix has become something of a thorn in the Trade-Prince's side, as he has repeatedly failed to secure any meaningful trade agreements in his travels throughout Golarion and beyond. "You might, however, find favor in the Prince's eyes," Karela writes, "If you were to grease the wheels of trade in one of the Elemental Planes to which the Society has been sending its agents lately. If you travel to such a place, make sure to show that we on Golarion are not so stingy as to only make our purchases at home. Do this, and you may earn yourself the Trade-Prince's trust, or, perhaps just as importantly, mine."

Taking the letter's message to heart, Gallix quickly sets about thinking what he might be able to buy here that he could really use.

Azure Armory

Luckily, the answer comes quickly, as the Quartermaster offers weapons and gear to the party. "I'm fine in close quarters," Gallix says, demonstrating how his cesti can pierce through targets just as well as they can smash them, "But this is all I brought for range." He holds up a thin strip of leather and small bag of cheap metallic sling bullets. "Maybe I should take one of those crossbows, one of the big ones! Thanks!"

Before leaving the city, he also finds a magic shop and purchases a wand. After buying the wand--a short piece of driftwood with a coral handle engraved with a simian head with what appear to be gills--he hands the wand to Mr. Peppers. "I'll let you know when I need your help, okay? Thanks, buddy."

Buying a wand of monkey fish (750gp) to satisfy my faction goal!
"Visit one of the following planar metropolises during the course of an adventure: Armun Kelisk, the City of Brass, the Opaline Vault, or Vialesk. While in the city, purchase or sell an item worth at least 100 gp per character level."

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 7 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 66/66 | Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 2/3 | Challenge 3/3 | Conditions: 7 non lethal dmg; Gravity (hvy load)
Wands:
Enlarge: 42 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Uesugi passes the man the gold and gathers his supplies. His travel to the docks is in awe ofvthe city under the water but when tgey finally reach their destination he nods in complete satisfaction.

"Truly a wonder to ride atop the back of this beautiful animal." he moves to the head of the whale shark placing his hand on his own forehead and then placing it on the whale shark.

handle animal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

minus 70 gp for light crossbow

Sovereign Court

Graves of Crystalmaw PassHell's Rebels

As Cup begins to mount her shark, a tiny crab approaches her and Sir D, carrying a letter in its claws. The crab holds the paper up curiously and waits for someone to take it. The letter is wrapped around a piece of stone which is engraved with instructions for channeling elemental energy across planes into Zarta Dralneen’s repositories.

This is a letter for Dark Archive faction members and can be found on Slide 3.

Kn (Arcana) DC 20, channeling ritual mentioned in the letter:
You're able to deduce that the channeling ritual is well designed and relatively safe, particularly given the amount of energy that it can handle. Even if you were to completely fail the ritual, you risk only minor injury.

Razethka arcs the long side of her wing towards you, the displacement causing water to flood into your lungs. Your chest burns for a moment, and then you realize the water is just as breathable as air. Spellcraft DC 18, but it was definitely waterbreathing :)

The dragon then turns to Cup, speaking in Common in a deep, soothing voice that ripples through the water.
"Thank you. I am here to oversee the expedition and ensure a success. The last one didn't go so well, and I'm personally offended at the failure. To think I funded it for nothing!"

Sense Motive DC 27:
She isn't telling the whole truth about her reasons for accompanying you and Zahra on the expedition

Zahra ignores the remark. "Let's be off, shall we?" With that, the expedition departs.

It's about a three week trip in-game to the Lambent Bloom that's generally uneventful. If you have any further questions or actions to take before you get there, do so now. Otherwise, I'll move us ahead later on today.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 7/7 (activated) | Flight 7/7 (activated) HP 37/37 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 4/6/8 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/6/4/3/1 | GM Reroll +1 | +2 Survival vs Heavy Gravity

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

In some ways, swimming is like flying. You propel your body forward, and the wind cooperates with you... or not.

The Flight Hex provides a +4 bonus to swim giving me a whopping +3 bonus! Woo!

Sirettis's skin ripples with the waves and she adopts various forms. Sometimes she takes advantage of them swims around.

Sirettis will use her Disguise Hex and Alter Self spells to change forms to Aquatic Elves, Undines, Merfolk and Sahags in order to swim around and pass the time. Poor Isa.

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 7 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 66/66 | Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 2/3 | Challenge 3/3 | Conditions: 7 non lethal dmg; Gravity (hvy load)
Wands:
Enlarge: 42 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

SM: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Uesugi climbs aboard and is amazed at the fluidity of riding the whale shark. Equally amazing is the gift of breathing water. It takes him awhile to get used to breathing water as if it were air and he can be seen holding his breath as the whale shark glides through the water.

"Great Razethka it is an honour to meet you. What interest does this expedition hold for you. What makes the sahuagin and Baron Zemedar so dangerous a foe that you require our assistance?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Dark Archive

149000-10 | "Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 7 | HP 52/52 (66/66) | AC 18, T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +8 W +6 | Init +5 | Per +14, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 21/21 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 10, IC+GH, 4 Mirror Image
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

Cup happily takes the message from the little crab, showing it to D.

Knowledge Arcana, Take Ten: 10 + 11 = 21

She smiles to D. “This should be a doable project for us.”
D may flip the spoiler. GM... Can we players have a hint of what is to come?.

Cup does cast Unseen Servant before the group goes.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27

Cup raises an eyebrow when she realizes that the dragon has other motives for being there.

“Perhaps the danger is in the controlling of the tides? Tides can be a powerful force in our plane, much less here. If the sahaugin take it in their heads to smash the city, it would be a disaster for us all.”

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36

She turns to Razethka and Zahra. “If we uncover this artifact... What use will the two of you use it for? You must have plans, correct? I could see it being very beneficial to the city, but it would need oversight.”

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Then Cup remembers something else important. “Oh, our Lucky Number spell! Let’s make use of it!”

Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 10

EVERYONE, PLEASE ROLL FOR THIS AND PUT IT IN YOUR HEADER!


Longjing the 'Dragon' | Male Mascot Caliigraphy Wyrm Familiar | HP 26/26 (37/37) | AC 20* (23) T 17 FF 17* (20) | CMD 11 | F +3 R +8 W +6 | Init +7 | Per +11 SM +1 | Speed 40ft flight | Active Conditions: Parrot behavior, Mage Armor, Lucky Number 15, 6 Images, IC+Good Home

“RAWWWWWK!” Longjing looks down. “Why do I get the worst lucky numbers?”

Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 15

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 7 HP 62/62 NL 11 | AC 18, Touch 13, Flatfooted 15, CMD 23* | Saves F+8, R+8, W+3 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status:N/A

Gallix is having far too much fun, surfing on his whale shark as the expedition sets out from Vialesk. From time to time, as the party beds down for the evening or just stops for a midday rest, he tests his natural swimming abilities, preparing himself for the inevitable confrontation with the sahuagin.

When Miss Cup offers her lucky magic, Gallix gratefully accepts, giving his Little Gnome Sis an underwater high five as she bestows the spell upon him.

Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 7 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 66/66 | Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 2/3 | Challenge 3/3 | Conditions: 7 non lethal dmg; Gravity (hvy load)
Wands:
Enlarge: 42 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Uesugi shrugs at the weird sensation that passes over him as Madame Poshkettle touches him with the wu jen stick. He bows to her and begins to work on various fighting stances in the water as they travel to meet the sahuagin.

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 7] HP: 66/66 (7 temp HP, continuously between fights), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+10, Ref+10, Will+4, Init +10, speed 30ft, Perception +8, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

Lucky #: 1d20 ⇒ 2

D. nods to Cup, and reads the letter after her.

Interesting. An Alliance with a dragon. This should be good to see.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 7/7 (activated) | Flight 7/7 (activated) HP 37/37 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 4/6/8 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/6/4/3/1 | GM Reroll +1 | +2 Survival vs Heavy Gravity

Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Isa maintains her grip on the shark and its makeshift nest as Sirettis swims around. "So what are those again?"

"Webbed toes. They help displace water quickly so you may swim further." Sirettis replies, then kicks her feet and scoots through the sea.

"And the ears, does their pointyness help push water?" Isa cocks her head.

"No, Aquatic elves, like many landbound elves, benefit from improved hearing due to those ears. We covered this yesterday, Isa."

"Look, I'm a bird who managed to avoid drowning for several weeks, bound to a docile shark. I liked it more when it was you, me, the open air, and what's-its-face."

Sovereign Court

Graves of Crystalmaw PassHell's Rebels

Razethka turns her gigantic scaled head slowly to the tiny gnome. "It is true that I have other motives for the shell. I have heard rumors of a powerful magic item hidden inside, and I wish to examine it," she speaks softly, yet with all the confidence a dragon would speak with.

Zahra turns then to Cup, "Ah, you mean you've forgotten already? We're headed to the Lambent Bloom, a poisonous forest of jellyfish. The sahuagin have a certain immunity to its poison, allowing them to flourish and grow there. That's what we'll be up against. Past there should be the giant seashell - and the artifact."

Is that a good enough hint of things to come? If no one says otherwise, I will time travel us there!

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 7 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 66/66 | Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 2/3 | Challenge 3/3 | Conditions: 7 non lethal dmg; Gravity (hvy load)
Wands:
Enlarge: 42 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane..Time Warp dance!

Sovereign Court

Graves of Crystalmaw PassHell's Rebels

Three weeks pass relatively quickly, and you're able to take in all of the sights the Boundless Sea has to offer: enchanted springs that bubble into underwater pools, fragments of forgotten and lost cities from ancient times, schools of merfolk, stray sahuagin, and seaweed - lots of seaweed.

The last day of the journey is spent winding your way through the giant pink jellyfish of the Lambent Bloom, which makes for slow travel. Heading straight towards the blobs of pink, Zahra calls back, "The movement of the water has changed. The rhythmic ebbing and flowing must mean we're close. It would be wise to dismount your shark and unharness yourself, clinging to their fins for our final approach. It's the best way to move freely through this area." She does the same, unroping herself from her steed and then grabbing its side.

A fantastical forest of giant jellyfish fills the water with a soft pink glow. Glimpses of a massive shell, covered with swirls of orange and white, can be caught through the jellyfish tendrils ahead.

Suddenly the water reverberates with a rhythmic clanging as an alarm chime is sounded. Swarms of sahuagin and sharks seethe outward from the shell and ready themselves for battle.

"I will deal with the vermin on the right," growls Razethka as she darts away into the jellyfish.

"The maridar and I will handle the foes on the left," shouts Zahra, "Pathfinders, head to the middle and slay Baron Zemdar!"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 7 HP: 44/44 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+7 Perception +14, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, Arcana: 9/13) Effects:

Mr Peppers rides along in mostly silence, apparently deep in thought or just off in another place altogether Going to the bathroom underwater is disgusting... it just floats away... we're all just breathing in everyone else's waste... I think I'm going to throw up... Maybe if I speak less it'll help.

His face remains resolute and serious as their trip moves ahead. He nods in thanks at the lucky spell from Miss Cup as they nearly reach their destination. He follows it up with recasting a couple spells on himself. Summoning in his own shimmering suit of fine mail and releasing a drop of blood from a vial.

Spellcraft DC16:
CAST mage armor!

Spellcraft DC17:
False life (uses blood)

Lucky#: 1d20 ⇒ 13
False Life: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Mr Peppers does as he's instructed, not wanting to be dragged off with the whale shark away from his allies. He looks around nervously at the jellies Is their sting poison? If so Mr Peppers will down an antitoxin here.

When the alarm sounds he quickly casts a spell on himself, granting him webbing across his hands and feet.

Spellcraft DC16:
Touch of the Sea!

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 7 HP 62/62 NL 11 | AC 18, Touch 13, Flatfooted 15, CMD 23* | Saves F+8, R+8, W+3 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status:N/A

"Peppers! Could you use my wand on me now, please?"

If there's time for the spell, and if Peppers is willing, Gallix is new under the effects of the Monkey Fish spell, granting him a 10ft swim speed.

With the spell now in effect, Gallix pulls one of his signature mutagenic cigarettes from inside his chest pocket and unrolls it. He pinches the various reagents inside between his fingers and shoves the contents into mouth between his lower lip and gums. After sucking on the mutagen for a moment, Gallix undergoes his usual transformation, and appears ready to bring the fight to this Baron Zemdar.

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 7] HP: 66/66 (7 temp HP, continuously between fights), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+10, Ref+10, Will+4, Init +10, speed 30ft, Perception +8, low light vision.
Conditions in effect:
3 burn. 5% per burn to ignore SA & crits.

D. had a cosmetic surprise as well.
On the way, he had donned the battle mask he purchased earlier from the quartermaster.

Combine with a pair of fashionable black leather gloves he 'procured' prior to the mission, and pulling up the hood of his cloak...

Dark Archive

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Active effects:
3 burn, 5% per point of burn chance of negating a sneak attack or crit.
HP: 66/66, [Overflow HP: 73/73] (16 temp HP) AC: 18/15/14. F+10, R+10, W+4, Init +10, Perc +8, low light vision, spd 30ft

Let them come.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 7 HP: 44/44 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+7 Perception +14, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, Arcana: 9/13) Effects:

Once he's finished casting his spells, MR Peppers happily activates items for the others, even while giving a slight double take to the newly creepified D. I'll have to study that mask when I have a spare moment... I wonder what tricks he's hiding with it.

Dark Archive

Active effects:
3 burn, 5% per point of burn chance of negating a sneak attack or crit.
HP: 66/66, [Overflow HP: 73/73] (16 temp HP) AC: 18/15/14. F+10, R+10, W+4, Init +10, Perc +8, low light vision, spd 30ft

Well, i get a bonus on intimidation, and i can throw dark energy now.
My composite blast deals alot more too.

Mooks beware:

8d6+8, non PBS.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 7/7 (activated) | Flight 7/7 (activated) HP 37/37 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 4/6/8 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/6/4/3/1 | GM Reroll +1 | +2 Survival vs Heavy Gravity

Sirettis prepares another layer of Mage Armor, and uses her Alter Self spell to take the form of an aquatic elf. "Stay by my side, Isa." She ties Isa's make shift netting around her waist. Her hair flutters about and comes alive.

Mage Armor, Alter Self and Prehensile Hair: ONLINE

Sovereign Court

Graves of Crystalmaw PassHell's Rebels

Pre-buffs are good with me!

Battles rage to the left and right of you, and you head right to the center, where Baron Zemdar floats with four of his most trusted sahuagin warriors. "Come to sea the shell, have you? You'll have the pay the toll to pass through here, and I've no use for coin. Warriors, slay them!"

Initiative:

D: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Gallix: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Mr P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Uesugi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Cup: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Sirettis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Longjing: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Pink: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Black: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Yellow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Zemdar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Yellow swims ahead into a jellyfish and fires at Gallix with its underwater crossbow.
Underwater heavy xbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d10 ⇒ 5

Lambent Bloom
Uesugi
Black
Sirettis
Gallix
(-5)
Baron Zemdar (red)
Pink
Green
Longjing
D.Arth
Mr. Peppers
Cup

_________________
Mind the underwater combat rules on Slide 3. If you move through a square with a jellyfish, you require a DC 20 Reflex save or be exposed to one dose of jellyfish poison (Fort DC 17).

Dark Archive

Active effects:
3 burn, 5% per point of burn chance of negating a sneak attack or crit.
HP: 66/66, [Overflow HP: 73/73] (16 temp HP) AC: 18/15/14. F+10, R+10, W+4, Init +10, Perc +8, low light vision, spd 30ft

^
Points at new init modifier of +10.
:)

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 7 HP 62/62 NL 11 | AC 18, Touch 13, Flatfooted 15, CMD 23* | Saves F+8, R+8, W+3 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Lucky#N/A | Status:N/A

Gallix swims ahead, his powerful arms and legs propelling him through the water. Despite the power of the spell Mr. Peppers provided, however, he still doesn't swim exceptionally fast, and he only just makes it past the first line of jellyfish.

Double move. 10ft swim speed thanks to Monkey Fish, so that's 20ft of swimming.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | Prehensile Hair 7/7 (activated) | Flight 7/7 (activated) HP 37/37 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | Init 3 | Perception 8 | Saves 4/6/8 | 6 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 14 | Spells -/6/4/3/1 | GM Reroll +1 | +2 Survival vs Heavy Gravity

Sirettis digs through her spell component pouch, finding a collection of rotting cabbage leaves. She speaks the words and snaps her fingers.

Stinking Cloud! "Overwhelm their senses!"

Fort Save, DC 18 to ignore the stinky poo gas!

Sirettis draws short spear and darts behind a fish, using her enhanced aquatic speed.

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 7 | AC 21 (T 14/Fl 17) | hp 66/66 | Init +3 | F:+7 R:+5 W:+3 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 45/45 | Arrows: 8 | Crown: 10/10 | Resolve 2/3 | Challenge 3/3 | Conditions: 7 non lethal dmg; Gravity (hvy load)
Wands:
Enlarge: 42 charges | Bless Weapon: 6 charges

Uesugi holds tight to the shark and fires at the closest sahuagin yellow

"There is little I can do my armour will weigh me down to the depths of the ocean"

Guess we never figured this out but can I stay afloat with my armour or would I have to have left that? Realistically breathing or not I'd sink like a piece of lead to the bottom.

underwater light cbow#1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

underwater light cbow#2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

underwater light cbow#1 confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Sovereign Court

Graves of Crystalmaw PassHell's Rebels

Uesugi, realism aside, I see no RAW about armor slowing you down or making you sink, so I can't fairly rule anything against you wearing armor.

Fort save, Zemdar: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Fort save, green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Fort save, black: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Fort save, pink: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Zemdar chokes on water as he's overcome with the stench of rotten eggs, as does one of his faithful guards. "Ugh, disgusting. Who are you foul creatures?"

Uesugi fires at the yellow sahuagin with two bolts, one finding its mark especially deep into the creature's chest.

All of the sahuagin swim out of the smelly plume of water, seeking refuge in the jellyfish.
Nauseated rounds, black: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Nauseated rounds, Zemdar: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Mwk underwater xbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 201d10 ⇒ 2
Mwk underwater xbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d10 ⇒ 4
Pink and green fire two bolts through the watery abyss, one of them striking Uesugi's shoulder lightly.

Lambent Bloom
Yellow (-10)
Uesugi (-2)
Black (nauseated 2 rounds)
Sirettis
Gallix (-5)
Baron Zemdar (red, nauseated 2 rounds)
Pink
Green
Longjing
D.Arth
Mr. Peppers
Cup

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Arcanist 7 HP: 44/44 Temp HP:0 AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+5 R:+7 W:+7 Perception +14, Sense Motive +0 (1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, Arcana: 9/13) Effects:

Mr Peppers watches Sirettis with a careful eye as she casts a spell Fair choice, I was curious how that would work underwater.. I guess fish can smell water like we smell air...

He swims into the middle of the group with his new webbed hands and feat, pulling out a small shaving from his inner cloak pocket as it billows in the sea water behind him. Looking quite ravishing really...

He weaves his hands in an intricate motion and speaks the Elven words of power, watching the small shaving disintegrate as he does. He points to everyone in the group save Sirettis and a beam of flashing lights hits each of them, speeding up time for them and no others.

"You are welcome, I finally took the time to learn it!"

Haste! Sorry Sirettis but you were 35' from Uesugi and we all know he'll get more use of it than you likely will.

5,001 to 5,050 of 5,285 << first < prev | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.