Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Reconquista

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Veterans of the giant wars in the Sheldomar Valley return to their homes to claim their reward.


651 to 700 of 873 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

The roughly ten-foot-wide corridor beyond the broken doorway leads off in a southeasterly direction. It proceeds about 40 feet before ending in what looks to be a portcullis that bars your way forward. Fifteen feet beyond the portcullis, the hallway turns south and goes out of sight. The walls seem to be made of reinforced concrete and the floor of uneven flagstones spotted with slime and small puddles-not enough to hinder movement, but enough to give the place an unpleasant funk. The ceilings vault to 10 feet overhead, and the torches set in sconces at regular intervals seemed to have burnt down to their nubs; the area is completely dark with no light to be seen (other than what you are carrying).


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

Tanith steps aside to give Flynt access to the lock.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

Okay, nevermind. Apparently there's no lock.

On the other hand, I'm getting lots of use out of that domain power!

Tanith sheathes Challenger again.

The Kordite grips the rough iron bars, takes a deep breath, and flexes the muscles in his broad back as he heaves upwards.

Strength Check w/ Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 23
Strength Check w/ Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 = 16
Strength Check w/ Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21
Strength Check w/ Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21
Strength Check w/ Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 = 27
Strength Check w/ Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 2 = 32

Scarab Sages

Once again Tanith seems to draw on a source of superhuman strength to lift the iron portcullis barring your way. After a few tries, the rusted mechanism gives way and he lifts it high enough for everyone to quickly pass underneath. Once everyone has scuttled through, he himself moves through and lets go, expecting it to drop down with a huge clang. Strangely, the old bars seem to be so rusty that the gate drops only six inches and then locks in place about four feet off the floor. How long this will remain so is another question, of course.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

How many rounds did it end up taking? (for purposes of tracking how many uses of Might of the Gods I've used)

Tanith bends low and slips under the gate after the others have. He readies Challenger and leads the group south.

Scarab Sages

Tanith 'Kordson' Creed wrote:
How many rounds did it end up taking? (for purposes of tracking how many uses of Might of the Gods I've used)

Let's say 2 for the door and 2 for the gate.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

Sounds good. I updated the resource tracker.

Tanith bravely leads the way deeper into the dungeons.

Scarab Sages

Past the portcullis, the corridor continues in a southwesterly direction for about 15 feet before turning south and going down a set of stairs. At the bottom of the stairs is a small landing with a single door to the west. Like the previous door, this one is locked as well.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

Tanith steps aside to give Flynt room to work.


Male Grey Elf Bard1/Wizard6/Loremaster4

Solaufyn seems a bit surprised by the turn. "Down?" he asks rhetorically. "That is peculiar, going below sewage level."


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

"These dungeons go deep", Tanith observes. "Whoever or whatever is being kept here isn't meant to be found."


Male Trapper/Guide 6 HP: 60/60; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Will: +3; Init: +5, Perception +12

Flynt will just take 20 for a 35.

Scarab Sages

Flynt wrote:
Flynt will just take 20 for a 35.

Nope.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

Tanith sheathes Challenger and, once again, slams into the door like a muscle-powered juggernaut.

Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 = 19
Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 2 = 32
Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21
Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21
Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 2 = 31

Scarab Sages

Tanith again breaks down the door, taking two tries to do so. The room beyond seems to be a guardroom that is furnished with a table and a few chairs. The place seems to have been hurriedly abandoned. One chair lies on its side, and dice and cards paused in mid-game are strewn on the table next to a plate of half-eaten cold sausages. The guardroom has is approximately 30' by 20' and has three exits: a doorway to the north and two stairways leading up to the south.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

Tanith casually dusts the dust and splinters of wood off of his armor and pulls Challenger free again. He examines the contents of the room.

"Someone's here. Be ready."

Any tracks or signs of where people might have bailed to?

Scarab Sages

Tanith 'Kordson' Creed wrote:

Tanith casually dusts the dust and splinters of wood off of his armor and pulls Challenger free again. He examines the contents of the room.

"Someone's here. Be ready."

Any tracks or signs of where people might have bailed to?

Perception and Survival checks, please for anyone who'd like to look around.


Male Trapper/Guide 6 HP: 60/60; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Will: +3; Init: +5, Perception +12

Flynt is someone who'd like to look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26

Survival: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37 +5 for tracking


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 6


Male Grey Elf Bard1/Wizard6/Loremaster4

Perception: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 2 = 20
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Seeing the signs of recent activity, Solaufyn will cast a shield spell, lasting 11 minutes.

Scarab Sages

Flynt's eyes are the clearest and most experienced at discerning what happened here. His best guess is that two to three humanoids left here in a hurry approximately two to three weeks ago, judging from the state of decay in the sausage.


Male Trapper/Guide 6 HP: 60/60; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Will: +3; Init: +5, Perception +12

"Whoever was here, is long gone now. This food's a few weeks old. They were in some kind of hurry."


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

Tanith laughs at his own foolishness and then moves to open the doorway to the north.

Scarab Sages

The doorway do the north (which is not locked) leads down a short hallway to a dead end where you find the winch mechanism that raises the portcullis you moved through earlier. Like the portcullis, this winch is very rusted, but could probably be rehabilitated by a few hours of work with old and a wire brush.


Male Half-orc Oracle 11

Sure, *now* I step away for a couple days and we move quickly. Assume I've cast these Lesser Restorations at some point between the fight and where we are now.

Quote:
(You take the following Dex damage: Mort 4, Tobias 6, Bors 4, Flynt 4)

Lesser Restore: Mort: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Lesser Restore: Boris: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Flynt and Tobias get full Restorations, so all of their damage is fixed. That's -200 GP for me.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

After searching the area briefly, Tanith leads the group back to the previous area and down the stairs.

Scarab Sages

Tanith 'Kordson' Creed wrote:
After searching the area briefly, Tanith leads the group back to the previous area and down the stairs.

There are two stairways going up from the guard room, both on the south side of the room, but one is more on the west side of the room and the other on the east. I'll just say you're going up the staircase on the east side.

You follow the long staircase up, the stench of mildew heavy in the air. After progressing south for about 60 feet, the staircase begins to turn to the west. You pass a long, nondescript landing and then another set of stairs before the staircase has turned to be heading due west. It finally opens in a large room or hallway that stretches over 100' to the west.

Directly to the south (the left) as you enter the room, calm, dark water fills a descending stairwell to a point just below the first few risers. The surface is very still, with patches of algae growing on it.

Further down the room (also along the south wall) several alcoves open to circular pits in the floor, four feet in diameter. Each is filled with water to within a couple feet of the lip, and iron grates that once capped them have completely rusted away.

Sol can see a hallway branching off of the large room near the far end, heading off in a northerly direction.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

Tanith looks around and studies the surroundings for a moment.

"More nothing, eh? Well seeing that I doubt Sol is up for swimming, let's see what's up here first."

The Kordite leads the group down the northbound hallway.


Male Grey Elf Bard1/Wizard6/Loremaster4

"I would hate to find nothing but another ooze if we do not have to," he replies.

Scarab Sages

The only exit to the previous room leads briefly north before turning west and heading up another flight of stairs. At the top is another (locked) door.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

Tanith braces himself and then barrels into the door again.

Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 = 27
Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 2 = 29
Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 = 16
Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 = 19
Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 = 17


Male Half-orc Oracle 11

"Pardon me for not mentioning it sooner Tanith, but this adamantine sword of mine might do that job with less effort."


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

Tanith has an adamantine sword too.

"Perhaps but this is more fun", the big Suel says with a grin.

Scarab Sages

This time the door goes down on the first try. Beyond is another landing leading to another westward facing staircase that leads up and out of sight. Directly to the right inside the door is another guardroom. Like the previous room, this one has a table with a few chairs and a weapons rack with a few swords and spears still present.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

Tanith leads the way into the guardroom where he pokes his way around the weapons for anything of interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Assuming he (or anybody else) finds nothing of interest, Tanith leads the way down the westward staircase.


Male Trapper/Guide 6 HP: 60/60; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Will: +3; Init: +5, Perception +12

Flynt takes a cursory look around the room as well.

Take 10: 10 + 22 = 32

Scarab Sages

As Tanith and Flynt take a quick look around, Mort notices something odd. Their shadows cast by the light spell seem to move slightly out of step with them. As realization dawns on him, he is about to call out a warning when Tanith's shadow splits into two ephemeral, dark shapes that reach out for the Kordson. They reach out for his heart but only manage to catch ahold of his left arm and shoulder. Tanith nevertheless feels as if a bucket of ice cold water has been poured down his spine, as his strength and life force ebb away. (Two incorporeal attacks hit ff touch AC 27 and 16 and Tanith takes 4 points of Str damage)

Across the room Flynt's shadow detaches from the wall and plunges its hand through the ranger's heart, nearly causing it to stop. Having caught them out of the corner of his eye, Flynt is fast enough to instantly react to the threat. (One incorporeal attack hits ff touch AC 16 and Flynt takes 8 points of Str damage)

SURPRISE ROUND
Flynt

ROUND 1
INITIATIVE
Tobais 25
Shadows 23
Mortifice 22
Sol 17
Flynt 17
Boris 5
Tanith 4

COMBAT MAP


Male Trapper/Guide 6 HP: 60/60; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Will: +3; Init: +5, Perception +12

Tobias defends his longtime friend by flying over to F21 and unleashing feathery hell on the shadow.

Favored Enemy: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 = 22

1d4 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 = 15

Favored Enemy: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 = 15

1d4 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14

Favored Enemy: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21

1d4 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

Oh look another ambush!
Monstrous Rage 2/4

Tanith groans in pain as a chunk of his strength is drained away by the dark shadowy figures.


Male Trapper/Guide 6 HP: 60/60; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Will: +3; Init: +5, Perception +12

"By the gods, I hate this place." Flynt says as he feels himself almost unable to lift his arms. He feebly tries to escape. Hopefully Sol and Mort could take care of this threat. As far as the ranger was concerned he was done here. "I just had to look around didn't I."

Restricted Withdraw to H20

Scarab Sages

ROUND 1
Tobias flies from his perch on Flynt's shoulder and releases feathered destruction on the shadow. Although he is able to tear away some of the creature's substance, his attacks are not nearly as deadly as they would be against a more substantial creature. (claw#1 (8) + 12 + 2 = 22, hit! Damage 3 + 10 + 2 = 15 / 2 = 7 hp of damage; claw#2 (1) + 12 + 2 = 15, automiss; bite (7) + 12 + 2 = 21, hit! Damage (2) + 10 + 2 = 14 / 2 = 7 hp of damage)

Given a new target, the shadow reaches out, clutching the red-tailed hawk around the neck. As his life force is drawn out through the incorporeal arm, Tobias' feathers begin loosing their luster. (Shadow#3 hits touch AC 16, hit! Tobias takes 7 points of Str damage)

The shadows closest to Tanith close around him, greedily reaching for his body heat. (Shadow#1 hits touch AC 19, hit! Tanith takes 3 points of Str damage; Shadow #2 5'-steps and hits touch AC 29, hit! Tanith takes 7 points of Str damage)

REMAINING INITIATIVE
Mortifice 22
Sol 17
Flynt 17
Boris 5
Tanith 4

COMBAT MAP


Male Half-orc Oracle 11

Note: Mort's "War Sight" oracle ability lets him always act in the surprise round.

Surprise round action:

Mortifice regrets that he was too late to warn his allies of the lurking threat. He attempts to bolster himself and intends to drive back these horrible threats.

Mort casts death ward on himself.

Concentration to cast defensively, DC 23: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31

"Tanith, get behind me!"

Knowledge (religion) to confirm his suspicions about the creatures: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

Round 1 actions

Mortifice attempts to make himself a threat by attacking the shadow with his holy weapon after a quick prayer to Mayaheine for her favor in this fight.

Mort quickens [i]divine favor[i] for +3 to hit and damage, then power attacks

+1 holy sword primary: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
Damage: 1d10+10+9 (power attack) + 3 (divine favor) + 2d6 (holy): 1d10 + 2d6 + 22 ⇒ (7) + (5, 2) + 22 = 36

Crit confirmation: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
Damage: 1d10+10+22: 1d10 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28

+1 holy sword iterative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage: 1d10+10+9 (power attack) + 3 (divine favor) + 2d6 (holy): 1d10 + 2d6 + 22 ⇒ (6) + (6, 1) + 22 = 35


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 4/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 4/5 | Action Points 7/8

This might change depending on what Sol does.

Tanith grins weakly.

"When have you known me to hide?" he asks as he struggles to lift Challenger overhead to strike.

Rage, Power Attack, Monstrous Rage, -14 Strength

Primary: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
Damage + Lightning Damage: 2d6 + 19 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 19 + (4) = 31

Iterative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage + Lightning Damage: 2d6 + 19 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 19 + (2) = 29

Focusing on the one Mort attacked.

Scarab Sages

ROUND 1 CONTINUED

Mortifice wrote:
Knowledge (religion) to confirm his suspicions about the creatures 1d20+14

The oracle is quite positive that these are greater shadows. Judging by their appearance, they look like they were created from the souls of the guards of the Deeper Dungeons.

Mortifice attempts to make himself a threat by attacking the shadow with his holy weapon after a quick prayer to Mayaheine for her favor in this fight.

His holy weapon cuts through the shadow's form, causing it to let out a shriek like nails being drawn down a chalkboard. With a few powerful strokes the shadow dissolves into nothingness.

Mort's crit was enough to kill it, so he technically still has a move action since he only took a 5'-step to get to it. Mort is currently in square I-18.

REMAINING INITIATIVE
Sol 17
Flynt 17
Boris 5
Tanith 4


Male Grey Elf Bard1/Wizard6/Loremaster4

Solaufyn knew that his best spell to harm these shadows was a pittance compared to the might of his comrades. He was certain that a simple illusion could prove useful instead.

Sol will delay until after Tanith and Flynt's turns. He'll then walk in, likely to H19, and ready an action to cast vanish in response to a shadow attacking, so that the target can enjoy the protection of invisibility.


Male Trapper/Guide 6 HP: 60/60; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Will: +3; Init: +5, Perception +12

Seeing his feathery friend get the same treatment that he received, Flynt slowly picks up his bow. It felt heavy now, almost too heavy to wield. He tries to take aim, though his arm keeps shaking. But he had to try, if not for himself, but for the others. Any one of these things alone could instantly kill Sol if they wanted to. No, he wasn't going to let that happen.

All aimed at the one Tobias is fighting, will switch if it dies of course.
Manyshot: 1d20 + 20 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 20 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 3 - 2 = 33

2d8 + 30 - 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 7) + 30 - 8 + 4 + 1 = 35

1d20 + 20 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 20 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 3 - 2 = 34

1d8 + 15 - 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 15 - 4 + 2 + 1 = 17

1d20 + 15 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 3 - 2 = 19

1d8 + 15 - 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 15 - 4 + 2 + 1 = 17

1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 3 - 2 = 7

1d8 + 15 - 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 15 - 4 + 2 + 1 = 18


Male Half-orc Oracle 11

Mort will move to H19 with his move action, provoking an AOO I believe


Male

Boris moves in growling and takes a swipe at one of the offending shadows.

Bite w/ Power Attack: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Scarab Sages

ROUND 1 CONTINUED

Sol delays.

Seeing his feathery friend get the same treatment that he received, Flynt slowly picks up his bow. It felt heavy now, almost too heavy to wield. He tries to take aim, though his arm keeps shaking. But he had to try, if not for himself, but for the others. Any one of these things alone could instantly kill Sol if they wanted to. No, he wasn't going to let that happen. His arrows tear through the shadow's substance, but are unable to bring it down. (Manyshot: (17) + 20 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 3 - 2 = 33, hit! Damage (1, 7) + 30 - 8 + 4 + 1 = 35 / 2 = 17 hp; (18) + 20 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 3 - 2 = 34, hit! Damage (3) + 15 - 4 + 2 + 1 = 17 / 2 = 8 hp; (8) + 15 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 3 - 2 = 19, hit! Damage (3) + 15 - 4 + 2 + 1 = 17 / 2 = 8 hp; (1) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 3 - 2 = 7, automiss)

Tanith grins weakly. "When have you known me to hide?" he asks as he struggles to lift Challenger overhead to strike. (Rage, Power Attack, Monstrous Rage, -14 Strength; Primary: (15) + 15 = 30, hit! Damage + Lightning Damage: 2d6 + 19 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 19 + (4) = 31 / 2 = 15; Iterative: (13) + 10 = 23, hit! Damage + Lightning Damage: 2d6 + 19 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 19 + (2) = 29 / 2 = 14)

Boris moves in growling and takes a swipe at one of the offending shadows. (Bite w/ Power Attack: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19, hit! Damage (1) + 13 = 14 / 2 = 7 hp)

Solaufyn knew that his best spell to harm these shadows was a pittance compared to the might of his comrades. He was certain that a simple illusion could prove useful instead. (Move action and ready vanish spell)

ROUND 2

INITIATIVE:
Tobais 25
Shadows 23
Mortifice 22
Flynt 17
Boris 5
Tanith 4
Sol (readying action)

COMBAT MAP (ignore the white box around Tanith)


Male Trapper/Guide 6 HP: 60/60; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Will: +3; Init: +5, Perception +12

Tobias frantically tries to tear through the shadow before it tears through him.

PA: 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 - 2 - 4 + 2 = 21

1d4 + 10 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 - 4 = 11

PA: 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 - 2 - 4 + 2 = 22

1d4 + 10 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 - 4 = 12

PA: 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 - 2 - 4 + 2 = 12

1d4 + 10 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 - 4 = 9

651 to 700 of 873 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Reconquista (IC) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.