Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Reconquista

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Veterans of the giant wars in the Sheldomar Valley return to their homes to claim their reward.


601 to 650 of 873 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Osirion

SURPRISE ROUND CONT.

Unable to stomach the terrible stench emanating from the ooze in sickening waves, Mortifice retreats back up the narrow tunnel, hoping to find some clear air. As he turns his back, the black tar ooze forms a solid pseudopod that lashes out and strikes him hard in the back, almost knocking him to his knees. Luckily, the half-orc's thick plate mail absorbs most of the blow and leaves him with nothing but a sore spot that will surely grow into a colorful bruise. (Move action; ooze takes AoO and hits AC 28, miss; secondary Fort save vs. poison: 16+10=26, succeeds! One more consecutive save needed for cure)

Flynt pulls his bow while trying to hold down his lunch, ordering Tobias to retreat with a quick whistle. (Move action to draw bow, command AC with Handle Animal as a free action auto succeeds)

Tanith grimaces and then snarls as the smell becomes almost overpowering. Seeing Boris disabled by the stench, the Suel motions and barks a command for the ursine to withdraw. The big Kordite pulls Challenger from its harness on his back. (Handle Animal check to command AC automatically succeeds as a free action; move action to draw weapon)

The raptor Tobias flies back down the tunnel as commanded. He continues to feel the creature's poison coursing through his body, slowly shutting down his central nerve system. (move action; secondary Fort save vs poison: 10+11=21, fail and take 1 point of Dex damage)

Solaufyn considers what's in front of them for a moment. "This is some sort of aquatic ooze with some planar features. Blessed weapons might be important here." He then flies away from it about ten feet off the water's surface. (Fly: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 + 5 = 30, success!)

Boris paws powerlessly at his nose as the stench assaults him. Hearing the command from Tanith, the bear moves back hoping the smell will go away. (Secondary Fort Save vs Poison: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25, succeeds! One more successful save needed for cure)

ROUND 1

The ooze's disgusting hair-like tendrils continue whipping about. Luckily, only Tanith and Flynt remain within its deadly aura; both of them are unable to dodge and feel the sting of acid upon their skin. (Ref saves vs. tendrils: Tanith 3+11+2(monstrous rage)=16, fail and take 2 hp of acid damage, Fort save vs poison 9+19+2=30, succeeds! Flynt 4+15=19, failure and take 3 hp of acid damage, Fort save vs poison 4+12=16 failure and take 1 point of Dex damage)

The creature's pseudopod strikes out against Tanith but the warrior sidesteps it easily. (Reekmurk hits AC 14, miss)

REMAINING INITIATIVE FOR ROUND 1
Mortifice 27
Flynt 15
Tanith 13
Tobias 10
Sol 9
Boris 7
Boris is no longer nauseated, Flynt and Mort are still nauseated this round.

COMBAT MAP


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 5/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 5/5 | Action Points 7/8

Tanith ignores the corrosive acid and rushes into the room.

With a fearsome roar, he brings Challenger to bear hacking at the amorphous mass.

Rage after he's in range - 1/16, Power Attack, Monstrous Rage 1/10

Challenger: 1d20 + 19 + 6 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 19 + 6 - 3 = 31
Damage: 2d6 + 13 + 5 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (3, 5) + 13 + 5 + 2 + 9 = 37


Male

Boris snorts as the worst of the stench leaves him.

The ursine growls and rushes in to aid Tanith.

Bite w/ Power Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 14 - 2 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 4 = 13


Male Half-orc Oracle 11

Mortifice regrets having seconds last night. As he does so, he musters every ounce of strength to draw his sword.

Move action to draw sword. No standard available this round. Dangit.


Male Trapper/Guide 5 HP: 38/44; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +2; Init: +5, Perception +11

Flynt will just move back further to get away from the stench.

Osirion

ROUND 1 CONTINUES

Mortifice regrets having seconds last night. As he does so, he musters every ounce of strength to draw his sword. (move action)

Flynt just moves back further to get away from the stench. (move action)

Tanith ignores the corrosive acid and rushes into the room. With a fearsome roar, he brings Challenger to bear hacking at the amorphous mass. The greatsword slices into the oil-like substance of the ooze, tearing away a large chunk of quivering mass, but the Kordson notices that his blow is deflected by the semi-solid nature of the blob. (Rage after he's in range - 1/16, Power Attack, Monstrous Rage 1/10; Challenger: 1d20 + 19 + 6 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 19 + 6 - 3 = 31, hit! Damage: 2d6 + 13 + 5 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (3, 5) + 13 + 5 + 2 + 9 = 37; Tanith knows that he's dealing with DR)

REMAINING INITIATIVE FOR ROUND 1
Tobias 10
Sol 9
Boris 7


Male Trapper/Guide 5 HP: 38/44; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +2; Init: +5, Perception +11

After Flynt whistles for him, Tobias musters all his strength in his tiny bird body and flies towards the monster. He then lashes out with a talon.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

1d4 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Male Grey Elf Bard1/Wizard6/Loremaster4

Solaufyn chooses his most viable spell for the party's situation. An ooze with planar features? The elf did not know they actually existed before now. Theoretically, it was highly resistant to his magic entirely, and without eyes, it could not be blinded or fooled by illusion. He decided it best to assist the others in this situation.

Solaufyn casts haste, and should be able to target the whole party. If he can't because Tobias and Boris are too far apart, he will delay for Boris to get closer before casting it. Either way, the spell will last eleven rounds.

Osirion

ROUND 1 CONTINUES

After Flynt whistles for him, Tobias musters all his strength in his tiny bird body and flies towards the monster. The creature lashes out at him with a pseudopod as he come streaking in, but the bird is simply too fast for it. Once within range, Tobias lashes out with a talon, tearing off a tiny piece of it. (move action provokes AoO; ooze hits AC 18, miss; Tobias Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29, hit! Damage 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14; Fort save vs continuing poison 5+11=16, fail and take 2 points of Dex damage)

Sol waits until all the frontline combatants are ... at the front. (Delay)

Boris snorts as the worst of the stench leaves him. The ursine growls and rushes in to aid Tanith, inflicting another minor wound. (Bite w/ Power Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 14 - 2 = 27, hit! Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 4 = 13; continuing Fort save vs. poison 7+10=17, fail and take 2 points of Dex damage)

Seeing that all the melee combatants are together, Sol casts his haste spell. (cast spell that catches Boris, Tobias, Tanith, and Mort)

ROUND 2

The ooze's pseudopod reaches out again, trying to smash the small bird, but is able to connect to only air. Its acid-bearing tendrils, however, have more luck, and burn small holes into Tanith and Boris. (Reflex saves versus acid tendrils: Tanith 2+11+2+1=16, fail and take 1 point of acid damage; Fort save vs. poison 9+19+2=30, success! Tobias 13+11+1=25, success! Boris 12+10+1=23, fail and take 2 hp of acid damage; Reekmurk hits AC 20, miss)

REMAINING INITIATIVE:
Mortifice 27
Flynt 15
Tanith 13
Tobias 10
Boris 7
Sol
Mortifice is no longer nauseated. Flynt continues to be nauseated.

COMBAT MAP


Male Trapper/Guide 5 HP: 38/44; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +2; Init: +5, Perception +11

Tobias unleashes a flurry of attacks on the tentacled beast.

Bite: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 = 19

1d4 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Talon: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 1 = 26

1d4 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Talon: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 1 = 17

1d4 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Haste Bite: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 1 = 27

1d4 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 5/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 5/5 | Action Points 7/8

Even through the stunningly powerful stench, Tanith grinned as the energy from Sol's familiar haste spell filled his powerful limbs with supernatural agility.

The Kordite pulled Challenger free from the creature's resilient flesh and, after a grand flourish, brought it back down in a series of thundering blows.

Rage 2/16, Power Attack, Monstrous Rage 2/10

Primary: 1d20 + 19 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 19 + 7 - 3 = 34
Damage + Lightning Damage: 2d6 + 13 + 5 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 13 + 5 + 2 + 9 + (2) = 39

Iterative: 1d20 + 14 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 7 - 3 = 32
Damage + Lightning Damage: 2d6 + 13 + 5 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 13 + 5 + 2 + 9 + (6) = 43

Haste: 1d20 + 19 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 19 + 7 - 3 = 28
Damage + Lightning Damage: 2d6 + 13 + 5 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 13 + 5 + 2 + 9 + (2) = 40


Male Grey Elf Bard1/Wizard6/Loremaster4

Content to watch the others squash the ooze, Solaufyn encourages them with an elven battle hymn.

Sol will stay where he is and start up Inspire Courage +1/+1


Male Half-orc Oracle 11

Finally able to breathe again, Mortifice shows a renewed vigor and dashes toward the ooze, slashing at it several times with his sword. He doesn't even realize how quick he has moved until the flashes of steel have ceased.

Immediate Action: Surprising Charge (Mortifice moves up to his speed as an immediate action, lands at B53)

[ooc]Mortifice power attacks the ooze 3 times. His holy weapon is Good, Slashing, and Adamantine.[/ooc]

First Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Damage: 1d10 + 2d6 + 21 ⇒ (6) + (6, 4) + 21 = 37

Iterative Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage: 1d10 + 2d6 + 21 ⇒ (7) + (6, 4) + 21 = 38

Haste Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
Damage: 1d10 + 2d6 + 21 ⇒ (3) + (3, 5) + 21 = 32

Save vs. Poison: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Male Trapper/Guide 5 HP: 38/44; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +2; Init: +5, Perception +11

In case you were waiting on me, Flynt will basically not do anything until he is un-nauseated.


Male

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Boris growls and tears into the putrid slime again with claw and fang.

Claw w/ Power Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 14 - 2 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d4 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 4 = 15

Claw w/ Power Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 14 - 2 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d4 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 4 = 14

Bite w/ Power Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 14 - 2 + 1 = 30
Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 4 = 17

Hasted Bite w/ Power Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 2 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 4 = 13

Osirion

ROUND 2 CONTINUED

Finally able to breathe again, Mortifice shows a renewed vigor and dashes toward the ooze, slashing at it several times with his sword. He doesn't even realize how quick he has moved until the flashes of steel have ceased. His blows cut deep into the ooze's substance and it physically withdraws from the weapon, sensing its holy power. (Immediate Action: Surprising Charge (Mortifice moves up to his speed as an immediate action, lands at B53; Mortifice power attacks the ooze 3 times: First Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16, automiss; Iterative Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28, hit! Damage: 1d10 + 2d6 + 21 ⇒ (7) + (6, 4) + 21 = 38; Haste Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30, hit! Damage: 1d10 + 2d6 + 21 ⇒ (3) + (3, 5) + 21 = 32; Save vs. Poison: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20, fail: [b]Mortifice takes 1 point of Dex damage)

Even through the stunningly powerful stench, Tanith grinned as the energy from Sol's familiar haste spell filled his powerful limbs with supernatural agility. The Kordite pulled Challenger free from the creature's resilient flesh and, after a grand flourish, brought it back down in a series of thundering blows. Even though the creature is partially resilient to the Tanith's weapon, his blows are simply too powerful to be resisted. With his final blow the creature explodes, spewing hunks of tar-black viscous matter on the combatants and the walls. After that, the hair-like tendrils fall still and the creature ceases its attack. (Primary: 1d20 + 19 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 19 + 7 - 3 = 34, hit! Damage + Lightning Damage: 2d6 + 13 + 5 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 13 + 5 + 2 + 9 + (2) = 39; Iterative: 1d20 + 14 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 7 - 3 = 32, hit! Damage + Lightning Damage: 2d6 + 13 + 5 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 13 + 5 + 2 + 9 + (6) = 43; Haste: 1d20 + 19 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 19 + 7 - 3 = 28, hit! Damage + Lightning Damage: 2d6 + 13 + 5 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 13 + 5 + 2 + 9 + (2) = 40

Even though the creature is defeated, some of you are still taking poison damage. Let's remain in combat rounds and make all appropriate checks, although the initiative order no longer matters. Those who are poisoned (Flynt, Tobias, Mortifice) must continue making Fort saves unless they are cured by other means (I'll count Boris' successful Fort save up-thread, so he is no longer poisoned).

REMAINING ACTIONS THIS ROUND
Flynt (who will remain nauseated for this and next round)
Tobias
Boris
Sol


Male Trapper/Guide 5 HP: 38/44; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +2; Init: +5, Perception +11

Flynt will try to shake the off the poison.

Fort Saves:

Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

So will Tobias.

Fort Saves:

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Osirion

Flynt wrote:
Flynt will try to shake the off the poison.

Let's see if someone comes up with another solution before I apply those Fort saves.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 5/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 5/5 | Action Points 7/8

With the battle finished, Tanith wills his rage away.

Will Save vs Monstrous Rage: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

"Mort can you do anything about this poison?"


Male Half-orc Oracle 11

"I'm afraid poison is not my forte, but perhaps this will help."

Mortifice casts bear's endurance on himself, then Flynt, then Tobias.

"Flynt, didn't I see you buying Antitoxin at the market a while back?"

Fort saves:

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


Male Trapper/Guide 5 HP: 38/44; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +2; Init: +5, Perception +11

"Yea, I did. That would help here wouldn't it? Just let me finish losing my lunch here." Flynt will take the anti-toxin after he is done being nauseated.

So I guess add +2 to the second save and then +5 to the others.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 5/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 5/5 | Action Points 7/8

Tanith flexes as he feels Mort's spell bolster his already mighty form.

"Thanks Mort."

"Any ideas how something like that got down here Sol?"


Male Trapper/Guide 5 HP: 38/44; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +2; Init: +5, Perception +11

Hey, can you cast restoration on me after we find out how much dex damage I've taken?

Osirion

Mort, Tobias, Boris and Flynt feel the ooze's lethargic poison creeping through their systems, slowing shutting down their central nervous systems. Luckily it burns its way through quite quickly, but they are left stiff and shaken in the aftermath of its passing. (You take the following Dex damage: Mort 4, Tobias 6, Bors 4, Flynt 4)

Osirion

The stench of the defeated ooze still lingers about the chamber as you gather your wits after the fight. In moments of silence all you can hear is the steady stream of foul water pouring out of the mouths of the stone gargoyles above you. Having stepped into the collection pool, you realize that the water is only about three to four feet in depth; it's just very ... chunky, especially now with pieces of dead ooze floating about.

Osirion

Branding Opportunity wrote:
(You take the following Dex damage: Mort 4, Tobias 6, Bors 4, Flynt 4)

Nick brought up an important point to me just now: the numbers above are the TOTAL amount of Dex damage, not the additional damage taken after the ooze bit it.


Male Grey Elf Bard1/Wizard6/Loremaster4
Tanith 'Kordson' Creed wrote:
"Any ideas how something like that got down here Sol?"

"Until just now, I did not believe such things actually existed. Much like the permanent antimagic library from this morning. There seem to be some strange things in Istivin," he answers, hovering above the muck.

Solaufyn will use a detect magic to scan the chamber.


Male Trapper/Guide 5 HP: 38/44; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +2; Init: +5, Perception +11

"Well that settles it. I'm done, let's go home. I need a drink." Flynt starts holding his now numb right arm.

Osirion

Solaufyn Ithilnelle wrote:
Solaufyn will use a detect magic to scan the chamber.

Something is giving off a strong conjuration aura ... somewhere UNDER the water on the north side of the chamber.


Male Grey Elf Bard1/Wizard6/Loremaster4
Branding Opportunity wrote:
Solaufyn Ithilnelle wrote:
Solaufyn will use a detect magic to scan the chamber.
Something is giving off a strong conjuration aura ... somewhere UNDER the water on the north side of the chamber.

Solaufyn points to the north side of the chamber. "Over there, under the water, something is radiating magic."


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 5/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 5/5 | Action Points 7/8

Tanith glances at the location, up at Sol, and then down at the water again. Eventually realization dawns on him and after rolling his eyes, the Kordite makes his way to the edge and jumps off. He lands with a splash.

"I'm going to need a hell of a bath when we're done down here", the Kordite says with a laugh just before he dives.

Taking 10 on swim checks and perception checks to find whatever it is Sol was detecting.

Osirion

Tanith dives down under the filth. He briefly opens his eyes and then realizes that this is hopeless, as the "water" has the viscosity and opacity of mud. It also burns his eyes, nose, and nether regions.

Since he can't use his eyes, he feels about with his hands and finds a number of things in the general vicinity Sol pointed out that don't feel like poop or pieces of ooze. Just as he is about to run out of air, he pops back up from under the water.

Tanith keeps his eyes closes as the muck is still clinging to him, and he knows opening them will only increase the pain he is already in.

The others see that he seems to be clutching a pair of boots, a horn or shell, a pot, and a broken sword. Sol, still seeing through his magical sight, notices that only the horn is radiating magic.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 5/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 5/5 | Action Points 7/8

Tanith slides all of the items up onto the platform and heaves himself up with a grunt. After wiping the worst of the filth from his eyes he opens them gingerly. He wrings out his cloak unceremoniously and points down at the horn.

"What is it?"


Male Grey Elf Bard1/Wizard6/Loremaster4
Tanith 'Kordson' Creed wrote:
"What is it?"

Solaufyn focuses his vision on the horn, while gently hovering in place.

Spellcraft take-10 for 35 to identify the item.

Osirion

Solaufyn Ithilnelle wrote:

Solaufyn focuses his vision on the horn, while gently hovering in place.

Spellcraft take-10 for 35 to identify the item.

It's an Iron Horn of Valhalla.


Male Grey Elf Bard1/Wizard6/Loremaster4
Branding Opportunity wrote:
It's an Iron Horn of Valhalla.

Solaufyn looks the horn over until he is satisfied. "That will summon mechanical barbarians to aid you. If memory serves, it functions once a week."


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 5/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 5/5 | Action Points 7/8

Tanith regards the horn curiously and then picks it and tries to wipe it clean with his freshly wrung cloak.

"Nice trinket. I wonder how it ended up down here."

Stowing the horn, Tanith looks to the rest of the party.

"That ooze, whatever it was, was dangerous but I doubt it was responsible for what's happening in Istivin. Let's keep moving", the big Suel declares.

Hefting Challenger over one broad and filth-caked shoulder, Tanith makes his way to the doors on the far side of the chamber and attempts to open them only to find they're locked.

"Hmm..."


Male

Boris follows along on his limp paw.

Humans get excited about the strangest things. There wasn't even anything to eat down there.


Male Grey Elf Bard1/Wizard6/Loremaster4
Tanith 'Kordson' Creed wrote:
Hefting Challenger over one broad and filth-caked shoulder, Tanith makes his way to the doors on the far side of the chamber and opens them.

Solaufyn provides a magical bath with a lyrical spell as he advances behind the rest.

"That's much better," he comments, as Tanith's and the group's entire ensemble becomes clean and begins to smell like a forest.


Male Trapper/Guide 5 HP: 38/44; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +2; Init: +5, Perception +11

"You have that look again. It means you want me to open it." Flynt walks over and tries to ignore the numbing sensation. He takes his time working over the lock.

Take 10 for a 25.

Osirion

Flynt wrote:

"You have that look again. It means you want me to open it." Flynt walks over and tries to ignore the numbing sensation. He takes his time working over the lock.

Take 10 for a 25.

The lock seems to be of a superior craftsmanship that defies Flynt's ability to casually pick it.


Male Trapper/Guide 5 HP: 38/44; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +2; Init: +5, Perception +11

Flynt will reluctantly start to put effort into it.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

Osirion

Flynt wrote:
Flynt will reluctantly start to put effort into it.

Even with a bit more elbow grease and a second look at the lock, Flynt is unable to pick it and has a newfound respect for the locksmiths of Sterich.


Male Trapper/Guide 5 HP: 38/44; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +2; Init: +5, Perception +11

"Oh come on. This lock has got to be older than I am."

FLynt will take as long as he needs to.
Take 20 for a 35.

Osirion

Flynt wrote:

"Oh come on. This lock has got to be older than I am."

FLynt will take as long as he needs to.
Take 20 for a 35.

Flynt spends a few more minutes trying to understand the intricacies of the mechanism, pulling out all the strange files, levers, miniature spoons, and anything else from his toolkit he can find. He finally comes to the realization that the lock is simply beyond his skill to pick.


Male Trapper/Guide 5 HP: 38/44; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +2; Init: +5, Perception +11

"Alright, I give up. Just break the damn thing." Flynt just walks away from the epic lock.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 5/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 5/5 | Action Points 7/8

Tanith motions for Flynt and the others to make space.

"Let me take a shot at it."

Tanith slides Challenger into the harness on his back, crouches low, and then barrels into the door.

Using Might of the Gods on each attempt.

Strength Check w/ Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 = 24
Strength Check w/ Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 2 = 28
Strength Check w/ Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 = 30
Strength Check w/ Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21
Strength Check w/ Might of the Gods: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 = 19

Osirion

The first time the Kordson slams into the door it gives a mighty creak but fails to give way, leaving Tanith with some bruised pride and shoulder muscles. The second attempt erases all previous doubt as to his strength, as the hinges give way and the lock breaks free from the doorframe with a cacophonous crash.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 6 | 67/67 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +0, AC 17 [touch 17, FF 13], Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9; Perception +2
Resources:
Blessing 5/5 | 1st: Divine Favor x2, Remove Fear, Bless 2nd: Shield Other, Bull's Strength | Fervor 3/3 | Smites 5/5 | Action Points 7/8

Confident he'd done Kord proud, Tanith is too high off of his accomplishment to notice much of the pain from his sore shoulder.

The big Suel grins wide and pulls his massive blade from its harness again.

"Shall we go?" he says as he leads the way deeper into the dungeons.


Male Trapper/Guide 5 HP: 38/44; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +2; Init: +5, Perception +11

Flynt just shakes his head and follows the Suel in.

601 to 650 of 873 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Reconquista (IC) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.