Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Random Game Group 1 (Inactive)

Game Master WesternWolf777

This game is completely random. Mostly.


101 to 150 of 376 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

While Arvid fiddles around with the south east door, Rinko walks to the south west door and opens it.


The door opens onto a hallway about thirty feet long, at the other end is another door.


Male Eidolon (HP 14/28; AC 21)

After Arvid finishes at his door, he follows Rinko to the Hallway and searches along the hallway and at the door at his end for traps.

Perception Hallway: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Perception Door: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Musket Master 3

Hornan follows Arvid down the hallway, keeping his musket out and loaded, ready to shoot anything that comes at them
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Rinko goes down the hall to the south and takes a step past the door to the east. She looks down the eastern hallway while Arvid searches the door.


Okay, so it takes a full round to disable the trap, in this case it matters who goes into the hallway in what order. So I'm gonna arrange things the best I can understand from what you guys posted and if I misinterpreted tell me.

Rinko goes into the hallway, and Arvid goes in behind her. Arvid is carfully examining things as they go, with Hornan behind him.

Rinko makes it about fifteen feet into the hallway before a piece of the floor she steps on depresses and there is a whirring buzzing noise as two saw blades shoot out from the walls at calf level and sweep a ten foot long portion of the hallway.

Attack on Rinko, Arvid 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Damage 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 3) + 7 = 16

The blades slice painfully into both Rinko and Arvid. Searching the rest of the hallway, Arvid finds nothing. The southern door appears to be both unlocked and untrapped.

Map


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Musket Master 3

What would I need to do to get through without getting hit by the trap? Acrobatics?


The trap is sprung now, so the danger is past. You were just outside its area of effect.

Edit:You also all get 650 XP from the traps you've dealt with so far.


The whirring blade strikes Rinko in the leg and she pitches face first onto the floor. Getting up, she takes a vial of potion from her pouch and drinks its contents. "Sorry, Arvid-kun," Rinko says when she notices the wolf-like creature has also been hit.

Potion of Cure Light Wounds 1d8 ⇒ 4


Male Eidolon (HP 14/28; AC 21)

Arvid was knocked prone too.
While standing up:

You've nothing to be ashamed of. I didn't see this trap either. But for the future: I would propose that I walk in front. My risk is significantly less than yours. My lifeforce is bound to Dareos. If I die, I will come back the next morning.


Male Human (Werewolf) Summoner 3 (HP 28/28; AC 20)

Let me see your wounds, Arvid

Dareos casts Infernal Healing on Arvid (10 HP over 60 Seconds)

Rinko, should I treat your wounds too?

When Rinko agrees, Dareos casts Infernal Healing on her too. (10 HP over 60 Seconds)

We should come together before we open this door.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Musket Master 3

"Sounds good to me." Hornan says as he falls in behind his allies


Male Human (Werewolf) Summoner 3 (HP 28/28; AC 20)

Ok, then I think, we can go on. Arvid, would you open the door?


Male Eidolon (HP 14/28; AC 21)

Of course.


Haven't heard from Vronim in 11 days, so we'll call him inactive for now. He may come back, but I doubt it.

The door opens onto a narrow hallway, that turns after a few yards.

Perception DC 25:
You hear a soft rustling coming from within. Like the sound of something hard dragging across stone.


"Arvid-kun, I'm not sure I like using you as a shield just because you're from some other dimension," Rinko says looking past his shoulder into the hallway past the door. "It looked like those blades cut you just like they cut me. But I suppose you're a better judge of your abilities than I am. Please lead on when you're ready.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Male Eidolon (HP 14/28; AC 21)

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

You can trust me. It won't be the first time. But in order to come to something else. I hear some strange rustling sound. Maybe another trap. I'll call you, when it is safe.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Arvid looks with a mirror, Dareos gave him, cautiously around the corner. When he sees nothing, he moves cautiously to the next corner and looks around it in the same way. He especially looks for pressure plates or tripwires.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Musket Master 3

Hornan follows in the back, ready to snipe out anything that comes at them.


Arvid advances cautiously along the hallway peering around each corner with his mirror before advancing. He hears no further sounds, in fact it's eerily quiet, as no one talks. The group gets as far as two turns in the hallway, when suddenly a fanged human skull attached to the skeleton of a giant snake comes writhing silently out of the darkness. It's entwining dance is horrifying and the group can feel dark magic trying to get a hold on their minds.

Everyone except Dareos, DC 15 Will save or be dazed for 2d4 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2 rounds. (mind-affecting, compulsion effect)

Okay, that was the surprise round.

Initiative Rolls:

Dareos 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Arvid 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Hornan 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Rinko 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Thingy 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Initiative:
Dareos 11
Thingy 10+
Arvid 10-
Rinko 8+
Hornan 8-

Map

Dareos can take his round 1 actions now.


May as well get this out of the way as it will determine if I can act or not on my next round. Will Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Musket Master 3

If it is a spell and not just an affect, it has to break my SR 9 first

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


It's not a spell, it's a racial ability for this creature. Unfortunately :( Sorry man.


Male Human (Werewolf) Summoner 3 (HP 28/28; AC 20)

Dareos joins up to the Group leaving a 10ft gap to Hornan.

What's there? I can't see anything. Fall a little bit back so that we all can see the enemy.


Knowledge (Arcana) to identify this thing by the way.

Round 1
Initiative 11

Dareos notices that Hornan appears to be staring blankly around the corner.

Arvid's save against the daze? Anyone not dazed can respond to Dareos as a free action.

Round 1
Initiative 10+

The skeletal creature rears back and bites at Arvid.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 and DC 13 Fort save

Arvid's action, possibly. We'll see how those two saves turn out.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Musket Master 3

Hornan stands there in a daze, unable to react to the attacker


Male Eidolon (HP 14/28; AC 21)

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Arvid stands befor the attacker unable to do anything.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Rinko, you're up.


"It's a large skeletal snake thing," Rinko calls back to Dareos. Then in a blur of limbs, she tries to jump and roll past Arvid and the snake thing.

Accrobatics to wind up in the square behind the snake thing: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 Need to beat snakey's CMD + 5. Otherwise, snakey gets an Attack of Opportunity and puts Rinko in adjacent square of his choice. Will post rest of my action once we see if this was successful.


Round 1
Initiative 8+

Rinko attempts to tumble past the snake creature, and she almost makes it before the head snaps to the side lightning quick and bites at her.

AOO on Rinko 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Uh oh.
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 and DC 13 Fort save


Fort 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

"Shimatta," Rinko hisses as the snake strikes her in the hip and brings her tumbling run to an abrupt halt. "Have to keep you from biting anyone else." As the snake pulls back for another strike, the monk tries to entangle its in head with her arms and legs.

Grapple 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


You're fine, take your attack if you want it.


Ninja'd by the DM. Edited my prior post for the attack.


Round 1
Initiative 8+

Rinko wraps the skeletal snake up nicely, and for the moment holds it's fanged skull struggling against the ground.

Initiative 8-

Hornan is dazed (1 round left)

End Round 1

Dareos, you're up.


Male Human (Werewolf) Summoner 3 (HP 28/28; AC 20)

Dareos makes a few steps forward behind Arvid and casts Mage Armor on Arvid.


Round 2
Initiative 10+

The creature struggles mightily in Rinko's grasp.

Grapple to break free 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

But her grip is like iron.

Initiative 10-

Arvid is dazed Undazed at end of his turn.

Rinko you're up.

Map


As the abomination fights to free itself, Rinko constantly makes minor adjustments to her grip. "You're not getting away that easily, jii-san," she says calmly. Nonetheless, Rinko knows she has to do a better job of controlling the creature before it eludes her grasp.

Grapple 1d20 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 5 = 20 (includes bonus for continued Grapple of same target.) Rinko will convert her hold to a Pin if the grapple succeeds.


Round 2
Initiative 8+

Rinko pins the creature firmly to the ground, for the moment in control of its movements.

Initiative 8-

Hornan is dazed. (Ends at the end of his turn this round.)

End Round 2

Dareos, your go.


Male Human (Werewolf) Summoner 3 (HP 28/28; AC 20)

Dareos tries to hit the Bone Snake with his Fauchard

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11 Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Repost:
Dareos 11
Thingy 10+
Arvid 10-
Rinko 8+
Hornan 8-

Round 3
Initiative 11

Dareos strikes at the grappled snake thing, but fails to hit it as it and Rinko roll about the floor.

Initiative 10+

The creature struggles to free itself from Rinko's grasp.

Grapple to break free 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Rinko's grip remains too strong for it.

Arvid's turn, he's no longer dazed.


Male Eidolon (HP 14/28; AC 21)

Arvid makes a full attack

Bite: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Claw: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Claw: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28 Crit? 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 +if Crit: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Go ahead Rinko and Hornan. I'll summarize at the bottom of the round.


Finding a moment in her struggle when both her knees are securely on the floor, Rinko carefully eases some of the pressure on the snake's skull. She lets the thing raise its head a few feet from the ground and takes the opportunity to shift her own weight over her feet. With a sudden twist and a jerk, she attempts to force her opponent's head into the adjacent wall.

Grapple 1d20 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 5 = 27 If Grapple maintained, doing Unarmed Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Musket Master 3

Hornan sees his allies have a grip on the situation, and tries to conserve ammo by only attacking if nessessary.

[ooc] Ready action to attack if it breaks the grapple.[/ooc{

Attack+DA: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 1 = 15
Damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Nagaji Witch 2 / Socerer 1

Vronim and Klicktak move up to the rear of the group behind Hornan not sure if what is happening ahead he maintains a ready stance hand on the hilt of his Katana ready to draw and strike.

back from vacation and finally catching up (will stay out of this combat since it has already started. updated map as well


Round 3
Initiative 8+

Rinko slams the crature's skull into the wall with an audible crack.

Initiative 8-

Hornan shakes the clouds from his mind and levels his musket at the beast, ready to shoot if it escapes Rinko.

End Round 3

------------------------

No you won't. Vronim initiative 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Initiative:
Vronim 19
Dareos 11
Thingy 10+
Arvid 10-
Rinko 8+
Hornan 8-

Map

Vronim you're up.


Male Human (Werewolf) Summoner 3 (HP 28/28; AC 20)

Dareos tries another time to hit the Bone Snake with his Fauchard

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 = 29
Confirm: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11

Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Male Nagaji Witch 2 / Socerer 1

Surveying the situation it would appear that the creature is under control and there is no need to further risk to another party member. Vronim will simply guage the health of his fellow party to see who may need healing.


Round 4

Initiative 19

Vronim checks out his teammates.

Initiative 11

Dareos strikes a solid blow against the snake thing, chipping off several chunks of vertebrae.

Critical confirmed, extra damage 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Initiative 10

The creature continues to struggle to free itself.

Grapple to escape Pin 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

It thrashes so wildly that Rinko loses her grip. Hornan immediately shoots the beast, knocking more chips from it.

Arvid, your move.


Male Eidolon (HP 14/28; AC 21)

Arvid makes a full attack

Bite: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Claw: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Claw: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


I will update today, but I'm not sure when. It's a busy day for me, so it might not be until much later.

101 to 150 of 376 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Random Game Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.