Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Random Game Group 1 (Inactive)

Game Master WesternWolf777

This game is completely random. Mostly.


51 to 100 of 376 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Human (Werewolf) Summoner 3 (HP 28/28; AC 20)

Arvid could you please scout the hallway to the south?


Male Eidolon (HP 14/28; AC 21)

Arvid sneaks cautious along the hallway to the souh

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33


"Enough speeches about how little harm we intend each other," Rinko says just loudly enough that Dareos can hear. "Rex's tattoos take care of that. If you look like a human or a wolf makes no difference to me." She then walks quietly towards the passage to the south.

Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 Unless I state otherwise, I'll Take 10 on detecting traps as we enter new areas in the maze: Perception: 10 + 8 = 18


Day 1, 00:02

Dareos sees the same thing as the others, and the bone filled room. You can make the knowledge check now if you're trained.

Arvid and Rinko make their way slowly and cautiously down the hallway, keeping to the shadows. They come to two wooden doors. The doors have brass turn handles, and look plain but stout.

Map


Rinko examines the door she's standing in front of for traps or other irregularities. If she doesn't see anything, she'll open the door.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


The door appears to be trapped.


Rinko steps back from the door. "Looks like Rex-sama left us a little surprise."


Male Eidolon (HP 14/28; AC 21)

I try to disable this trap

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Disable Device: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37


Male Human (Werewolf) Summoner 3 (HP 28/28; AC 20)

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Dareos changes into a bipedal wolf

Do I smell something strange?
Perception (Scent): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Dareos you recognize the strange glassy effect to be a Gelantinous Cube holding perfectly still on the other side of the portcullis. It must be what that strange scent that suddenly fills your nostrils after you change is.

Arvid believes he successfully disarmed the trap.

Day 1, 00:03

Map


Male Human (Werewolf) Summoner 3 (HP 28/28; AC 20)

This isn't glas or anything like that, this is an gelatinous cube waiting for us behind the portcullis.


Male Nagaji Witch 2 / Socerer 1

Vronim uases Kick's anxiety a bit and moves down the hall to a position just a bit behind the others already there his sword still sheathed but hand on hilt just in case.

whatssss have you disssscovered?


Male Eidolon (HP 14/28; AC 21)

Arvid searches for traps at the door to his right and looks if the two doors are locked.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31


Male Eidolon (HP 14/28; AC 21)

The door to my left was trapped. I think, that I have succeeded to disarm the trap. Now, I will examine this door.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Musket Master 3

Hornan pulls his Musket out, loads it in the blink of an eye, and says to the group, "Well, best be ready for whatever this crazy place has in store"


Arvid the second door is trapped and locked.


Male Eidolon (HP 14/28; AC 21)

Arvd tries to disarm the trap and open the lock afterwards.

Disarm Device (Trap): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28
Disarm Device (Lock): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19


While Arvid messes with the lock on the next door, Rinko steps back to the first and opens it.


Dareos, How is Arvid getting a +17 to disable device? Seems way high and I don't see a breakdown.

Day 1, 00:04

Arvid disarms the trap, but fails to unlock the door. Meanwhile Rinko opens the other door. A wave of stench washes into the hallway. The room beyond is full of humanoid corpses. They are torn to pieces and mostly partially eaten. All together it looks like there are more than a dozen dead here. Writhing yellowish white and fat amongst them is a maggot the size of a large dog. When you enter the room, it's toothy sucker-like maw turns towards you hungrily.

Spoiler:

Rinko:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Hornan:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Vronim:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Dareos:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Wormy:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Initiative:
Vronim 29
Dareos/Arvid 23
Hornan 20
Rinko 11
Wormy 4

Map

Everyone can act in order since you all go before the monster. I'll summarize at the end of the round. Vronim you're up.

Edit:Oh yeah, the lighting level is dim in this place unless otherwise stated. Which means if you don't have at least low-light vision then you suffer a 20% miss chance.


Rinko steps into the room with the nasty creature. As she approaches, she launches a sweeping kick towards it using the momentum from the kick to lower her center of gravity and strike it with her hand as well.

5-Foot Step into the room. Then Flurry of Blows at the nasty thing: Attack 1 - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Attack 2 - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Musket Master 3

Hornan moves up into the doorway, but not fast enough to get a shot off on the creature

Double move into the doorway


Male Nagaji Witch 2 / Socerer 1

Vronim maks a move into the room drawing his sword along the way and strikeing the creature.

Attck roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage roll: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Kliktak will stay back to avoid injury

cannot update map yet (browser will not support editing)

EDIT: got map updated


Male Eidolon (HP 14/28; AC 21)

Arvids Disable Device: 3 Ranks + 3 Class Skill + 8 Racial Bonus (Skilled) + 2 Masterwork Thieves Tools +1 Dex Bonus

Arvid aproaches the worm and tries to bite him.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Human (Werewolf) Summoner 3 (HP 28/28; AC 20)

Dareos moves to the room with the worm.

Double Move Action


@ Dareos - wow, didn't realize skilled evo was that good. Thanks for teaching me something.

Okay, just to prevent problems in the future. If you are posting before someone who's ahead of you in the initiative, just describe your action and leave your token where it is. That way someone on low initiative doesn't move into the spot that someone with 30 initiative wanted to stand in. I think it worked fine this time so no worries, but for future refernce. Also, when an AOO is provoked I've learned through experience that it's best to just pause combat until it's resolved.

Round 1
Initiative 29

Vronim moves up past Rinko and slashes the worm with his sword releasing a gout of black blood.

Initiative 23

Dareos rushes down the hallway into the room, squeezing past Rinko. Arvid does the same thing, taking a big bite out of the worm. Its flesh tastes like rotting meat.

Initiative 20
On your initiative Rinko is still in the doorway. But since you stated double move, I used all your movement to put you fully into the room.

Hornan comes running down the hall as well, weaving through the otheres to line up a clean shot.

Initiative 11
Rinko steps up and lashes out at the creature with her hands and feet. The first kick goes high as the grub like creature flattened itself out, and her punches bounced futilely off it's rubbery hide. Both miss.

Initiative 4
The grub bites at the strange robed wolf creature beside it, hoping to return the favor.

Attack on Arvid 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Miss.

End of Round 1

Map

Vronim you're up.


Male Nagaji Witch 2 / Socerer 1

after the upward slash of Vronim's sword, Vronim brings the blade down slashing into the creature. however the wormy little beast evaded the blow with ease.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Musket Master 3

I know its not my turn, but im going to bed soon so ill post my actions

With the nasty grub now within his sights, Hornan takes aim at the nasty critter

Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 1 - 2 = 19 Vs. touch AC
Damage: 2d12 + 6 ⇒ (10, 6) + 6 = 22


Male Human (Werewolf) Summoner 3 (HP 28/28; AC 20)

Dareos swings his Fauchard against the grub

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Eidolon (HP 14/28; AC 21)

Arvid turns into a raging storm of teeth and claws

Attack 1 (Bite): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Attack 2 (Claw): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Attack 3 (Claw): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Round 2
Initiative 29

Vronim swings at the grub and misses.

Initiative 23

Dareos lands a solid blow with his polearm, causing a large spray of black ichor to land on Rinko.

Arvid snaps and swipes at the grub wildly but only one of his claws connects. It flings shreds of white gooey flesh everywhere.

Initiative 20

I assume you wanted to deadly aim and rapid shot. Which means you need to roll two attacks. You also forgot your +1 to hit from point blank shot and the -4 for shooting into melee.

Hornan's first shot hits the grub...

Damage 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Leaving a plum sized hole in its side. Hornan rapidly reloads his musket (Move action), and fires again.

Attack 1d20 + 9 - 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 1 - 2 - 4 = 15
Damage 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

The second shot goes straight down the worm's gullet, causing what's left of it to explode outward from the rear.

Combat is over

What do you guys want to do now?

Day 1, 00:04

Map


Male Human (Werewolf) Summoner 3 (HP 28/28; AC 20)

I think, we should take care of this Gelantinous Cube behind the portcullis. Hornan can shoot through it and I can summon an elemental behind him, to keep him busy.

Dareos and Arvid are looking around in the room to find anything of interest.

Perception (Dareos): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Perception (Dareos): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23


Everybody gets 200 XP. Forgot about that.

The room is full of various humanoid corpses in various states of decay and/or being eaten. There are the four doors out of the room besides the two you've already examined. There is also a portcullis leading into a dark room to the south.


Nonchalantly wiping the grub gore from her face, Rinko walks to the door next to her. "I think we'll be able to get at the cube from this door as well." While she looks at the door, Rinko adds, "Hate to admit it, but I'm not really equipped to fight oozes. Perhaps if I can borrow a staff or some such from one of these unfortunates."

Perception (Checking door for traps) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

And what experience track are we using?


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

I think it would be saver to attack it through the portcullis


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Musket Master 3

With paper cartridges, rapid reload and fast musket, I reload as a free action. Just making it clear


Fast EXP track. Oh, I didn't realize you were using paper cartridges, my bad I didn't read the sheet that closely. That makes it a swift action then, not a free. Basically the same, but you only get one swift action a round without sacrificing your move. Won't be an issue until higher levels when you have 3+ attacks.

Rinko doesn't think the door is trapped.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Musket Master 3

Fast musket lets me reload 2H firearms as 1H, so standard. Rapid reload to a move. Paper cart. to free. From D20PFSRD:

Alchemical cartridges make loading a firearm easier, reducing the time to load a firearm by one step (a full-round action becomes a standard action, a standard action becomes a move action, and a move action becomes a free action)


"Rex-sama doesn't strike me as the kind to give us a 'safer' way of fighting," Rinko shrugs. "But if Hornan-san thinks he can get the thing through the bars, let's try it. If it doesn't work, this door looks safe."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Musket Master 3

"Portcullis? Show me where they are, and I will take out whatever comes at me."


Male Nagaji Witch 2 / Socerer 1

Pehapsss thisss cube isss there to blocksss our essscape, or, To keepssss the plassssse clean should we diessss

Vronim calls Klicktak to his side

I know nothing of thessssse cubessss


Male Human (Werewolf) Summoner 3 (HP 28/28; AC 20)

Just follow me to the first room, Hornan. If you're ready, I'll dismiss Arvid to summon an elemental behind the cube.

Vronin, these Cubes are slow, but don't let them touch you.

Dareos goes to the first room and dismisses Arvid. He makes himself ready to summon an elemental when Hornan and anyone else with ranged weapons arrives.


You are totally right Hornan. Sorry. I shouldn't post right before bed without checking my rules facts.

Before Dareos dismisses Arvid, he notices that the Cube is no longer waiting on the other side of the portcullis. Looking through the portcullis he...

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

...can't see it anywhere else in the room beyond either.


Rinko moves to stand in the passage south of the first room the party entered. Of course she'll let anyone who wants to move into the room with Dareos pass her. "Dareos-san," she says quietly. "Do you think we could poison this cube?"


Male Human (Werewolf) Summoner 3 (HP 28/28; AC 20)

Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 (DC 10+CR = 13)

No, when I recall it right, they are immune against poisons.
We should return to the others.


Rinko goes back to the room where the adventurers defeated the grub.

"Where to now? If we can't locate the cube, we should avoid the room to the north."


Male Human (Werewolf) Summoner 3 (HP 28/28; AC 20)

I think, we should look for traps at the doors first. Arvid, would you please?


Male Eidolon (HP 14/28; AC 21)

Yes master.

Arvid searches at the doors for traps und looks if they are locked.

Portcullis Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Door South West Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Door South East Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Door North East Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Door North Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15


Day 1, 00:12 (8 minutes since last update)

Arvid only finds a trap on the SE door. They are all unlocked. Arvid looks through the portcullis and sees a cave like room beyond, with high natural ceilings sporting several stalagmites and stalactites. It appears to be empty.

Map


Male Eidolon (HP 14/28; AC 21)

Arvid trys to disarm the trap

Disarm Device: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28


Success.

51 to 100 of 376 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Random Game Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.