Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Past Returns (Inactive)

Game Master sunshadow21

Updated Map


251 to 294 of 294 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Copper:"I keep telling him that. But he hasn't been the same since we left home." Rohan looks like he is thinking about Magnhildr's words while nursing his drink.

Rohan does speak up when she mentions quieting Copper.

Rohan:"You're not the first to say that and probably not the last."


Magnhildr gives a chuckle and her smile returns at Rohan's comment.

"Well, it seems home is a sore point, so I guess I'll ask how you and copper met. I'm sure that is an interesting tale."


At first it doesn't look like Rohan wants to but after a little prodding from his little friend he opens up.

Rohan:"Well there's not much to tell. I was a youngling practicing my magic. I was never really good at it. Then suddenly Copper appeared. He said he was here to be my friend which I thought was great. My parents told me that because I'm related to Mengkare, that is what shaped my magic and helped me summon Copper here."

Knowledge History DC 20 or Arcana:

Mengkare is an ancient gold dragon who founded the nation of Hermea as a social experiment over 150 years ago. It is rare for such a resident to be outside of the utopian society. While most are descendants of those invited by the ruler himself, a few are actual distant relatives of his.


"Ah, I wouldn't worry about losing a few arm wrestling contests, then. I've heard of wizards that that can level towns but can barely lift their spellbooks. And from what I've heard from my family back home, magic is like sword play, the more you practice at it, the better you get. I'm sure you've got the hang of it now if you've been practicing since you were a wee lad."

Magnhildr gives Rohan a wink and a smile as she takes a pull from her mug.

"I'm afraid I've never heard of a person named Mengkare. Who was he?"

From the looks of it, she's as much fishing for a story, or some common ground as she is trying to get to know Rohan.


I don't know if this will affect your decision GM, but I will be away over the weekend for a wedding.


That's not a problem, Magnhlidr. I will try to get an updated list of entries up later tonight or sometime tomorrow. I just want to let everyone know that they are all good entries, and it will be a very tough decision, as they all deserve a chance to be played.


Here is an updated list. If I missed anyone, let me know.

Feral - Krojun Speaks-with-Thunder - M Shoanti Thunder Caller
Adam Warnock - Magnhlidr - F Aasimar Titan Mauler Barbarian
Daxter - Rohan Drake - M Hermean Summoner
Orannis - Elspeth Luren - F Half Elf Urban Barbarian
2Goth4U - Marstralla Fullvault - F Dwarf Cleric(Abadar)
Thomrenault - Aridne Ornelos - F Human Knife Master
Dunebugg - Wyren the Patient - M Aasimar Monk
Wolfman1911 - Averin Cadash - M Human Fighter
Darklight Hitomi - Liara Noredal - Catfolk Sorceress
The Crusader - Crag the Igneneous - M Dwarf Stonelord
EnchantedTim - Barak Hisdren - M Human Brawler
Edgar Lamoureux - Cruven Tallcrippler - M Halfling Rogue
Edward Sobel - Noro Kasuri - F Human Barbarian
Joy - Zelladania - F Human Rogue
Edeldhur - Calendir - M Half-Elf Ranger
Budfox - Talon Eldercourt - M Half-Elf Rogue

I think I am going to close recruitment before my job gets any harder. Folks will still have until Friday to finish up any details on their characters, but that list is already long enough to force some very difficult decisions.

Qadira

That list looks like you got everybody. Sorry I still haven't gotten fluff up, my friends have corralled me into running Shattered Star, so I've been preparing that. I should, however, have my story up by the deadline. At that time, I'll repost his stat block as well.


Is it bad that I want to see what a couple of barbarians ripping through the first encounter looks like? Imagine the carnage when Magnhildr gets the big weapons.


"Yeah, I never understood why the other's at the Stone rarely even exercise. I had to get lessons from Master Tye instead cause no one at the tower knew anything about martial arts. I am still a beginner, though magic does make up for that a bit. Even Master Tye can't use lightning with his fist."


"I've heard of some wizards that learn to use blade as well as spell, but I haven't actually met one. As for being a beginner. I'm not too bad with a sword, but there are others back home that wouldn't break a sweat beating me. Aunt Vinter always said that a novice was a master without enough practice."


Magnhildr's wink seems to elicit a small smile from Rohan.

Copper:"Mengkare is the emperor of where we come from. He's this big gold dragon. Think me, but like a million times bigger." He stretches his arms wide as if to show how big.

Copper:"Well I think he's out of it because being strong is kind of what he's good at. He isn't multi-talented like I am." He tries to do a cartwheel but he ends up on his rear end. "Okay, mostly multi-talented."

Sczarni

Barek Hisdren wrote:

Barek shakes his head. "No way you'll find anything right now. Pop says the harbor is overflowing with goods for the festival. Everyone is getting their shipments in so they can sell during it." He pauses. "But check back after the festival. I'm sure there will be someone with some empty space. But you'll have to act quickly before they decide to rent it out again. Best bet would be 2 or 3 days after the festival, I think."

"What do you want to do with it again? A place to hit each other? Hell if I want to sign up for that."

Well, Ash you know, my father, on occashsion, will take on worthy shtudents. WellI wanted a gym for shomething similar but more for ush grown-ups. shooo, ahhhh, yea a plashe to hit each other, and make shome money.

she pauses a moment and looks around to see if anyone else is paying attention to her.

jusht need to keep Jubrayl out of it. He shtill thinksh I owe him a debt.

Sczarni

As Barek and Noro are talking Noro happens to glance toward the door possibly by chance or possibly by design she sees "him" come in (Talon).

she quickly turns faceing Barek Oh god he'sh here she whispers as she starts to make an attempt to make herself more presentable looking over her clothes ish there blood on thish? howsh my hair?, I need a mirror, Dang! she barrages questions to really nobody. Her lisp even more pronounced than usual as s ign of her nervousness


@Noro: That was great! :D

Rohan Drake wrote:

Magnhildr's wink seems to elicit a small smile from Rohan.

Copper:"Mengkare is the emperor of where we come from. He's this big gold dragon. Think me, but like a million times bigger." He stretches his arms wide as if to show how big.

Copper:"Well I think he's out of it because being strong is kind of what he's good at. He isn't multi-talented like I am." He tries to do a cartwheel but he ends up on his rear end. "Okay, mostly multi-talented."

"Then you have something to work towards. What's the point of living if you can't grow? It seems your friend and I are the only ones talking, so is there anything you want to ask a 'pretty girl' like me?"

Magnhildr chuckles a little at her echoing of Copper's words. She doesn't seem to be the type who likes to have praises heaped on her. She does seem to want to break Rohan out of his shell though.


Having arrived in Sandpoint, this inn was the first to come across Calendir sight - after a few weeks in the road to get here he just waded in to wash the dust from his throat.

A ragged half-elf steps into the Rusty Dragon, his clothes are extremely dusty, as well... everything else about him: his white streaked hair, his dark tanned face, etc. His earth coloured outfit, despite dirty, seem to be well cared for, and fitted for efficiency - everything seems to have its place.

Carrying a greatsword strapped across his back alongside a quiver, both easily accessible, as well as a long bow casually slung over his shoulder, and a few animal pelts on his belt, he seems to have waded in directly from the wilds - he discreetly (shyly?) looks about for a place to sit, and plops himself on a table in the most out of the way spot he can find in this busy place

He will not call anyone to attend him, but will answer if any serving maid comes to his table with a curt:

Hello, some ale please

He then proceeds in surveying the room and the patrons


Updated and finished corrected crunch - Alias created.


Talon saunters into the bar a little after midinght, he'd taken a job on a merchant vessel that just came in an hour before. The work has taken him away from his adopted home of Sandpoint for a couple for weeks now and he missed it and its inhabitants deeply. He also missed his room at the inn and the warmth of its fires and the entertainment afforded by its patrons.

As he walks in he catches Nor's eye and wryly smiles. He gives a nod to Rohan and a mischievous wink to Copper and walks up to the bar to order a pint.

Sczarni

As Talon make eye contact with Noro Oh crap...he shaw me

Noro finally gathers herself and goes to the bar.

ahhhhhh...Hi Talon. haven't sheen you in awhile. then after a seemingly long awkward pause Rohan ish here. indicating where he is sitting. when Talon turns to look Noro quickly trise to check her breath to if it stinks (to much).

stealth to conceal her actions 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
bluff to pretend she did nothing 1d20 ⇒ 17


Barek quietly laughs as he sees Noro's rough exterior melt away as the sight of Talon. The big man looks around at the newcomers, trying to see if any are intent on making problems. He leaves Noro to her efforts with Talon and walks over to the half-elf sporting the greatsword.

"You new in town? I'm Barek. I work at the inn here. Just got hired a couple days ago. That's quite an array of weaponry you got on you. And those pelts look pretty good. You a trapper?"


Krojun continues laughing and mingling with the crowd.

Voice, you still on track for group 2 to be decided soon?


Tomorrow evening. Just giving a few folks some time to wrap up some basic details.


Rohan's face seems to get even redder as he stutters out the words.
Rohan:"Uh, um... Why did you leave your home and come all the way to Sandpoint?"

Copper starts giggling at the sight of Talon and Noro.
Copper:"This should be good."


Barek Hisdren wrote:

Barek quietly laughs as he sees Noro's rough exterior melt away as the sight of Talon. The big man looks around at the newcomers, trying to see if any are intent on making problems. He leaves Noro to her efforts with Talon and walks over to the half-elf sporting the greatsword.

"You new in town? I'm Barek. I work at the inn here. Just got hired a couple days ago. That's quite an array of weaponry you got on you. And those pelts look pretty good. You a trapper?"

Hi... a trapper...hm no, I am a hunter. The sword... It is just a memento.. Nevermind. Yes I am new around here - I heard about a festival and decided to drop by.

Calendir seems to ponder for a few moments the huge man in front of him

Actually, would you happen to know if there is someone I can talk to around here that knows his way around the region and the... hm... fauna?

Calendir's low Charisma makes him oscillate between a sullen and aggressive attitude - when he tries to be "friendlier" or to discreetly obtain information, things usually come out more jumbled - I was trying to show that :D


Ariadne is enjoying the festival, and looking for any sign of her brother.


Rohan Drake wrote:

Rohan's face seems to get even redder as he stutters out the words.

Rohan:"Uh, um... Why did you leave your home and come all the way to Sandpoint?"

Copper starts giggling at the sight of Talon and Noro.
Copper:"This should be good."

"I left home because my faith leads me to travel. I came to Sandpoint after hearing about the dedication of the cathedral during the Swallowtail Festival. It's too cold to release butterflies back home, and I've always wanted to see that. So here I am."


Although trying to disguise it, Calendir really cannot stop staring at the amazing, talking creature standing next to Rohan - he had heard of such companion creatures but he has never actually seen one

Sczarni

just posting to ensure that i am still interested in joining


Krojun waits with bated breath!


On a second thought, this place is actually filled with a definitely unusual bunch - in one corner an extremely taut human female is exchanging words with a quite at ease fellow (though his attentive eyes seem to be taking in all the details in the room); the owner(?) of that strange creature mentioned before seems to be a confident one, a glimpse of a spear tip leaning casually against the wall behind him and of the chain links under his cloak seem to be enough to attest him to be at ease in a fight.

But speaking with that one... is a creature of beauty that Calendir has never seen before - clearly combat able as attested by the honed muscles, the carried bastard sword and spear, and with translucent blue eyes that seem to stand out in the middle of all this crowd.

Yep, this is a mixed bunch indeed


"Haha, and here I thought at first Noro didn't like that guy but now she is running off after him. It's funny how a giant crowd gets together and yet it becomes easier to find people you know, except for me. Where is Ameiko?" She looks around again, gets some tea from the bar and returns. "Ameiko is always the hardest one to find at the festival. I have taken to making her delivery last because I can never find till well after dark when everthing settles down. And the smells around here don't make tracking her very easy either."

The half elf doesn't notice me? I feel so hurt now. Wait! That means I'm practically invisable! Maybe I should use that to play pranks on him :D


Apologies Liara, I started the freeform RPG in here only a short time ago, and you haven't posted in a while so I didn't check your profile but now... in your honour:

Rubbing the dust from his eyes, Calendir had to blink multiple times to make sure his long trip was not playing tricks on him... A catfolk?! He had heard about these before...

Himself never having a place to call "home", he had admired at this creature's reported combination of wanderlust, while yet never losing their sense of community and group effort - known for placing the needs of their tribe above their own pursuits.

It is not in Calendir's nature to do such a thing, but if it was, he would cross the room simply to sit next to this admirable creature and exchange a conversation over a mug of ale.


Rohan seems to be out things to ask Magnhlidr until Copper motions him over and whispers into his ear.

Rohan:"Uh, what do you like to do for fun?"

Copper:"See? Was that so hard?"

Rohan:"Yes."

Copper:"..." The little wyrmling-eidolon just takes another drink.

The pair seem to be more like brothers than owner and pet to any onlookers.

Qadira

GAH! I overslept. Yesterday I was busy, and I'm putting the finishing bits on his backstory/proofreading. I'll have it up soon. Sorry it's taken so long. I overslept by 8 hours, too, which didn't help. I'll edit his backstory/stat block into this post.

Backstory:
Cruven grew up with a hard life, the life of a slip in Cheliax. He was but one of a collection of slaves owned by Pavo Pellius, a slip trader in Cheliax. He, however, was not bought and sold. Rather, he attended to the family like a few of the others, tending to their whims as needed. However, he sometimes "slipped up", causing small accidents, and generally causing mischief, but they passed it off as clumsiness, his lies too convincing to argue with.

Over time, he was contacted in the night by a few agents of the bellflower society. They had been trying to deal with Pavo for some time, but had no way into the family manor. He, however, had access to it almost constantly. He agreed immediately. He was given a key-blank with which to copy the key of the halfling shacks and a small shiv to defend himself if worse came to worst. The plan, however, went off without a hitch. Unfortunately, Cruven got ahead of himself, and in the night, as the Bellflower associates were corralling the halflings out of their housing, he was taking care of the Pellii in short order. A quick pillow and a silencing thrust of the shiv were all it took for the slaving family's business to end, although he didn't have it in his heart to claim the lives of the children.

Needless to say, Chelaxian authorities were not amused the following day, and when the scene was examined with the customary Monocle of the Investigator (PG 226 of Ultimate Equipment), it was quite obvious who had taken their lives. Those children whose lives he had spared identified him easily, and they began their search. When the bellflower society got news of this, they contacted him immediately, lending him the use of a lesser hat of disguise and sending him on his way to Magnimar, one of the customary destinations of escaped slaves of the Bellflower Network. From there, he has led his own path, and he now finds himself in Sandpoint, a festival nearly breaking out.

Personality:

Cruven is laid-back for the most part, enjoying some peaceful conversation, but does enjoy some thrill every once in a while. He drinks a fair bit for a halfling, ending most nights in towns with a pint or three of Caydenbrew. Occasionally, he gets himself into trouble while drunk, but his silver tongue is no less potent under the influence of a drink, and he's often on his way out in the morning, hangover usually avoided with some smart drinking. The only time he gets serious is when slaves are talked about, as many ex-slaves tend to get. The bell-flower Network still keep in contact with him, and he's sent quite a few former slaves to new places to work, from working on ships to bakeries.

Cruven Stat Block:

Halfling Ninja 1
CG Small Humanoid (halfling)
Init +5; Senses Perception +6
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 12 (+1 armor, +3 Dex, +1 size)
hp 10 (1d8+2)
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs. fear
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Cestus +4 (1d3-1/19-20/x2)
Ranged Sling +4 (1d3-1/x2)
Special Attacks Sneak Attack +1d6
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 8, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 18
Base Atk +0; CMB -2; CMD 11
Feats Weapon Finesse
Traits Magical Knack Sorcerer, Outlander - Exile, Successful Shirker
Skills Acrobatics +7, Bluff +8, Disable Device +7, Disguise +10, Escape Artist +7, Fly +5, Knowledge (arcana) +1, Perception +6, Stealth +11
Languages Common, Halfling
SQ Fearless, Poison Use
Combat Gear Cestus, Groaning bullets (20), Haramaki, Sling, Sling bullets (20), Sling bullets, spongestone (10); Other Gear Backpack, masterwork (11 @ 2 lbs), Belt pouch (10 @ 0 lbs), Candle (10), Chalk (10), Disguise kit (10 uses), Signal whistle, Thieves' tools, 4PP, 44 GP, 4 SP
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Fearless +2 racial bonus vs Fear saves.
Magical Knack (-Choose-) +2 CL for a specific class, to a max of your HD.
Poison Use You don't accidentally poison yourself with blades.
Sneak Attack +1d6 +1d6 damage if you flank your target or your target is flat-footed.
Successful Shirker You gain a +1 trait bonus on Stealth checks and a +3 trait bonus on Bluff and Diplomacy checks to avoid punishment by lawful authority.


Krojun says his goodbyes as people begin to leave the tavern.

The hour of judgement is upon us!


The time has come. Thank you all for your interest. Even if you don't get picked, the rp was fun to read, and helped decide a few tie breakers, so it was well worth the effort from my point of view. All the characters are great, but I did have to make the cut, and the following folks were selected. They can report to the attached discussion thread, and work up finishing details.

In no particular order:
Rohan Drake
Wyren the Patient
Talon Eldercourt
Morstralla Fullvault
Krojun Speaks-With-Thunder
Magnhlidr


Hurray!

Congrats to those that got in. Good luck to those that did not.

Sczarni

looks like rohan and Talon without your old friend Noro almost had 3 of the original 6 together again

Noro heads off to the docks heard another ship is due in.

you know where to find me if you need me she yells to all as she says her goodbyes.

Qadira

Congrats to those who got in.


I guess being patient worked out in my favor ;) will throw a char sheet up ASAP!


Grats!


Congrats everyone!


Well done folks, I am sure you will have a grand old time :)


Thanks very much - I appreciate it!!!

251 to 294 of 294 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / The Past Returns; Rise of the Runelords recruitment thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.