Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Past Returns (Inactive)

Game Master sunshadow21

Updated Map


151 to 200 of 1,421 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

Magnhildr finishes bandaging Rohan's wounds and retrieves her shield. She looks at Morstralla with a look of concern.

"You okay there Stralla?"

Morstralla's player's lost post was the one he made on Friday here. Anyone got his email?


If I haven't seen Morstalla post before I'll go to bed tonight, I'll DMPC her. Hosk runs the local stable; All of the locals would at least know of him; whether you had met him personally or not is up to you.

Host ponders for a second, "Never this brazenly. This bodes ill. Such an attack suggests an organizing force that will have to be rooted out."


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7

Could this be what has disturbed the natural order? Would the spirits really be troubled by an organized force of goblins?

"Surely Sandpoint has a militia prepared in case of such an attack?", Krojun says/asks. "Where will they be organizing?"


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk 1

Wyran spends his time quietly helping to bandage those in need, staying away from the more wounded where he knows he does not have enough expertise to help. Having not taken any wounds himself, he closes his eyes and utters a quick prayer to Irori. He makes his way over to his new group of acquaintances to see if he can help at all.

"I unfortunately know little in the ways of healing, keeping one's nose in a book does little for practical application. Is the town safe for now? What is the next step, and can I offer any further assistance."


HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

"Next step is to get Talon a healer and make sure there aren't any goblins about. If you can fight you can help with the second part. If you know where the head priest went you can help with the first."

She looks at Morstralla.

Poor girl, probably never been in a fight like this.

She checks her gear and almost as an afterthought rips another few strips to wrap around her leg and over the wounds the goblins left her from the now severely shortened kilt. She binds them quickly, grimacing a little, but doing nothing else to even hint as the stinging pain in her thigh.

"Ready?"


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7

Krojun nods.

Let none say they lack a fighting spirit.

"Right. Wyran and I will take point and do what we can keep anything from getting to the wounded. Rohan can you help Talon along? He won't be able to keep up on his own in his condition."

"We'll make our way to where the militia is gathering. Someone there will know how to best secure the city."


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

"Right, lets press on. Maybe I can hold the potion, that way if we encounter something at least then I can down it and contribute if need be. I'm sorry to be such a bother, I usually pride myself on being able to avoid such things."


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7

Krojun offers the elf the potion again.

"You fought with honor and lived to tell of it. No songs are sung of the parts that come after that", the massive Shoanti offers with a grin. "What matters now is that you live to hear the tale of your own glory."


Morstralla has been busy gathering up the few wounded of the townsfolk into a single spot before calling you all over. Once everyone is close enough, she calls out to her god, and you all feel the bathing of positive energy wash over you. Seeing that a few are still a bit bruised, she does it again.

2 channel energy's; everyone's fully healed.


Summoner 1 HP: 14/14

"I can help him." Rohan props the rogue up to help him walk.

"I'm not looking so good either. Let's get moving, we can both brood over drinks later." That's something Copper would say." The summoner looks over to Magnhlidr, still a little shocked at her initial gesture of binding his wounds. "Lead the way, Krojun. We got your back."


"I know not what precisely is the next step. Best to wait for Sheriff Hemlock to find out for certain. I suspect, though, that any call for the militia won't happen until morning. The town guards should be able to secure the town walls that long." Hosk offers as the healing is offered. "For now, let us bask in the glory of a battle well fought. I'd say get even drunker in celebration, but I suppose we should hold off on that until we know for certain if it is truly over."


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7

"You're suggesting we stay here while the city may be under attack?" Krojun asks in confusion.

Can battle be heard in the distance?


Everything seems fairly quiet. "If the city is truly under attack than holding this square becomes that much more of a priority. If this was just a raid, than having someone to fill the place of the guard in a prominent location such as this will help calm the citizens. In either case, holding our current position seems more advantageous than chasing after enemies that may or not even be there. Folks here know how to defend themselves; if there are other enemies elsewhere, they will find the same resistance they found here."


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7

Krojun growls in frustration.

This is his home. It would be best to defend it as he sees fit.

The big Shoanti lets out a deep breath.

"As you say then. We'll defend this square."


Summoner 1 HP: 14/14

"Well I don't like standing around here either. But I guess you're right."

Rohan then looks to Krojun. "So that chant from the battle. It was magical wasn't it? Where did you learn that?"


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7

Krojun nods.

"It is magic of a sorts - a subtle, but very powerful magic; the sort that stirs the fire a man's and unbinds the animal within our hearts. It is the most basic thunder-chant."

"I was trained as an apprentice Thundercaller, a keeper of tales and spirit-speaker among my people. The most powerful of us can whisper to drive the winds into a deadly tornado or shout with the power of a mighty clap of thunder", the big Shoanti explains his voice growing quieter and quieter and then exploding with volume to illustrate the effect.

"But such power is years away. For now such spirits are only distant allies for me."

Krojun considers the sailor and his own suite of powers.

"What of you and little Copperscale? Is it painful to be apart? The tales spread among my people say that being separated from one's eidolon is like missing your own shadow or that you breathe but are always short of breath."


Summoner 1 HP: 14/14

"I've heard of songs being inspirational, but not like that." Rohan listens intently.

"It does hurt. It's almost excruciating in fact. He's been my best friend since I can remember. It's like a part of me is missing even. I don't even have to say a word, and he knows what I'm thinking. Even when I don't want him to. But eventually after many sleepless nights, I learned how to deal with it. It wasn't easy, even now I kind of wish he was here. But I can't worry about him right now, not when I don't even know what's going on."

"I can imagine how he'd react to your story. He'd clap his claws together trying to make thunder and get dust in his eyes or something silly like that." He chuckles.


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7

Krojun laughs again with that deep bass sound.

"I'll be certain to tell it again when you conjure him again."

"It says a great deal that you'd bear such a pain to keep him safe."


Summoner 1 HP: 14/14

"He's been there for me. It's the least I could do."


F Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

"That was inconceivable! The goblins around here are never that organized. It doesn't make any sense.


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7
Morstralla Fullvault wrote:
"That was inconceivable! The goblins around here are never that organized. It doesn't make any sense.

"So they have attacked before? What do they want beyond chaos and destruction?" Krojun asks.

Rohan wrote:
"He's been there for me. It's the least I could do."

"So the two of you have always been alone? That is very sad. You haven't met anyone else from your native land?"


Summoner 1 HP: 14/14

"For a while now, it's just been me and him. I was... exiled and none from my home leave willingly." Rohan's face turns into one of sorrow as if remembering a painful memory. It is clear that he does not wish to go into anymore detail.

"So how long have you been in Sandpoint? I'm guessing this attack is a new occurence?"


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7

Krojun is curious about the sailor's foreign customs but declines to probe further when he notes the raw emotion.

"I have only been here a couple days but I was in Sandpoint before that for almost three years. Among my people, its tradition for children growing into manhood to leave the Quah and live among a foreign tribe for some time. My Quah's elders disapproved but I chose Sandpoint for my Journey."

"I was here for three years and yet I feel like I barely know this place. It took most of that time just for me to get used to living inside a stone building - so like a coffin. Sleeping in a city is nothing like sleeping under the moon and stars."


Summoner 1 HP: 14/14

"I've lived in buildings most of my life, but you're right in that sleeping under the moon and the stars is something else. But I wouldn't call a nice warm bed a coffin. It's better than a sleeping on a hammock on a rocking boat."


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7

Krojun considers Rohan's words.

"Perhaps when this is over, I will have to try it", the big Shoanti says with a booming laugh.


Will move to the next scene tomorrow.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

Talon looks over at Rohan, listening in on the penetrating self-disclosure between he and Krojun. He thinks of his own exile, the loss of his father and mother. He knows the pain well. He longs for the sense of belonging that a tribe would afford and wistfully imagines a place among others … and acceptance, belonging. He pulls himself together and, half reassuring himself he offers to Rohan, ”Family is what you make it, home where you make it. Not all bonds need be blood. “ He turns flush and looks away.

”Krojun, you think there are more? That they will be back?”


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7

Krojun nods in agreement with Talon's assertion.

"I cannot say. It is quiet now but that does not mean there aren't more of them sneaking through people's homes or on the rooftops. With any luck we will see more battle before this night is over."

"Or has Talon 'Goblinslayer' had his fill?", the big Shoanti says with a grin.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

Heeding Krojun's words Talon stands and carefully surveys the rooftops and mandering alleyways and streets that lead to the square, looking for anything short, green and nasty.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

"Ha, If you love to sleep under the moon and stars, you should come with me one day, Krojun. Some nights the faeries light the sky with fire so beautiful, you'd swear that Shelyn taught them how to."


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7

"A night under stars crafted by one goddess of beauty and enjoyed with another? Hmm... that would certainly be a night worthy of a tale", Krojun says with a deep laugh.

"I would be honored."


Summoner 1 HP: 14/14

"Yea, that's why I think of Copper as a brother. Unless you see a resemblance that I don't."


HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

"Dress warmly, then. It snows more often than it rains."

Magnhildr smiles in return.

"Back home, we all fight as brothers and sisters. Even those whose families are bitter rivals will take up swords to defend each other and their land."


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7

"I'm certain we will not have trouble staying warm", Krojan counters with a too-straight face.

"I've heard stories about the Ulfen. Your people and ours are alike in many ways. That's how the Nolanders come together so easily."


F Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2
Krojun-Speaks-With-Thunder wrote:
"So they have attacked before? What do they want beyond chaos and destruction?" Krojun asks.

"I've heard of lone encounters outside of town, but never a brazen attack like this one."

"There are several tribes in the area, so I'm told, but one goblin looks much like the next - detestable little baggers"


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk 1

Talon is right. Family is what you make of it. The parents I was born to long, long ago did not want me and made that point very clear. My brothers and sisters at the monastery have been true family. To know loss... Is a hard thing. I have lost many family of the short lived races." A sad smile crosses Wyrans face not as he speaks of his birth family, but only of the loss he has known of his brothers and sisters in faith.


As things start to settle down, a town guard enters the square from the direction of the garrison and after a brief conversation with Hosk, the stablemaster disappears in that direction. The guard comes over to where you are gathered about talking. "Thank you for your aid. I fear that we were not expecting anything of this nature, so any help we can get is appreciated. We need someone to check the north gate. We have not heard anything from there, and you seem like you could handle yourselves against whatever may be there better than any other available. I'll take over here."

As you approach the gate from the south, you see a scene that makes you very concerned. A noble is backed up against one of the houses, and his dog is trying to hold off a small pack of goblins led by a mounted goblin, who is in the process of trying to cut the dog down. Just as you get a clear view of the scene, the commando manages to drop the dog, and looks at the nobleman with a smile on his face.

You are somewhere inside the black square. The red outlined goblin is the mounted leader. The non outlined goblins are regular melee goblins. The green outlined goblins are archers. You all have surprise on the goblins, who are focused on nobleman.
-----------------------

Init Rolls:
Goblins 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Krojun 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Magnhlidr 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Morstralla 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Rohan 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Talon 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Wyren 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

North Gate Round 1:
Combat Order (bold still to go)
Krojun, Rohan, Talon, Wyren
Bad Guys (not able to act this round)
Magnhlidr, Morstralla

Krojun 19/19
Magnhlidr 14/14
Morstralla 10/10
Rohan 14/14
Talon 9/9
Wyran 9/9

Goblin Commando
Goblin Dog
Melee Goblins
Archer Goblins
Hobgoblins


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

ROUND 1 - Talon 9/9

Talon races forward (to E9) rapier drawn, yelling, "Get the leader, I'll try to eliminate the archers."


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7

Round 1

"To battle!" Krojun bellows and flourishes his club in the air.

After, the big Shoanti begins his booming chant and with it comes the thunder.

Inspire 4/6


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

Just curious, maybe I am missing something, but why would I not be first in initiative order?


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7

You are but because it doesn't really matter among the good guys who goes first, Voice groups us together. In this case it's to your benefit to wait for Krojun to go before you. =P


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

Fair enough, I'll wait then ...


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7

Well Krojun acted so now's as good a time as any. You don't have to wait for Rohan and Wyren.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

Ok, Talon acts now.


HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

------The Square------
"Thank you. We'll make sure those greenskins are skewered for ya."

Magnhildr gives the guard her a crooked smile before trotting off to the north. with sword and shield out.

------The North Gate------

Round 1: Starting in K7 Charging (-2 AC, +2 Attack) to E7
Attack Goblin Dog

She freezes for just a moment when the dog dies. She remembered playing with some of the wolves and hounds that the rangers and druids had taken as companions, and a twinge of sadness crosses her fair face before she yells in righteous fury. Her shield leads as she charges at the goblin riding the hideous creature. Her blow is aims not at the goblin, but its mount.

Swift to Rage, Charging and attack the Goblin Dog at D7.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

Can you do a charge attack on a surprise round, cause I would rather have done that but I think you can only get a move or standard action.


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 25/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 8/8 | Rage 7/7

You can do what's called a 'partial charge' which is a charge with only one move's worth of movement instead of two move's worth.

That means you could only attack the front rank.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

Oh, ok, that would have been my preference, I'll do that. He would atack the goblin directly in front of him.

Attack - Partial Charge: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

Yep, That's why I gave my starting position, fortunately for me my target is up front. >:)


Summoner 1 HP: 14/14

Rohan decides to channel his arcane energies. As he does so, a vision of a majestic eagle in all its splendor appears in his mind. As he goes through the motions for the spell, everyone can hear its cry as it appears overhead, almost glowing even in the bright sun. It swoops down, obtaining near maximum velocity as it heads in beak first into the mounted goblin.

Summon Monster 1 - Celestial Eagle. It will end up right on top of the red-ringed goblin.

Partial Charge + Smite Evil: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

151 to 200 of 1,421 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Past Returns All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.